All hotels in Poughkeepsie, New York, United States of America
2750 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY, 12601, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"Review"
Most was fine but bathroom drains were draining extremely slowly and were never fixed during the two night stay
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"Too Short of Stay"
Staff was friendly and room was clean.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
"Alright place to stay but had 3 issues"
For the price I paid I should have gotten a lot more. The room had a fridge, microwave and good beds and shower. But the heat pump could only be controlled at the unit, it was noisy and one could not set a temperature. Rooms for this price should have a thermostat (to regulate the temperature properly) and the unit should be less noisy. Then the TV did not have the NBCSports channel. Then we got a room next to the elevator. Worse was that the head of the bed was positioned next to the elevator shaft. We were fortunately very tired and slept ok but the shaft was relatively noisy.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
SonofBen
"good"
excellent service as I tried to help a friend with a complicated car rental request. They had a very quiet room available for me; my most valued criteria in a hotel. The breakfast room was a madhouse, but I think that is always the case when it is free. Liked the coffee brewing all day long; a plus.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Jm
"convienent to Hyde Park NY and attractions"
very satisfied
1 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Wonderful stay - only complaint is accidentally being walked in on by the cleaning service at 8am! they were very apologetic however and it was otherwise a lovely stay. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful in helping us find a restaurant to eat at!
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"family fun every year same time same place"
excellent
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
mike
"home away from home"
staff and hotel was excellent. everyone was so helpful not to mention that every morning one of the staff members asked while before entering for breakfast asked if we were in need of anything. by day two we were on a first name basis. the staff made you feel as though you were welcome. location was excellent as close to any type of shopping needed. the hotel had very amenities one could need at any time. we truly enjoyed our stay. when returning to the area we will be returning to this hotel again.
5 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Page & Nancy
"Comfortable, clean, just what we needed"
The beds were comfortable, the staff was friendly and offered a great referral for dinner. The neighborhood is safe and has many amenities.
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
"Great location...nice room"
The room was very nice, and the bed and bedding were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was a little dated as was the hallway, but for the price it was perfect. I'd stay here again! Also very centrally located. Lots of good restaurants in the area. Got a wonderful recommendation from the front desk for dinner.
2 night trip with friends Aug 1, 2014
"Decent hotel"
I stayed two nights and enjoyed my time at the hotel. The breakfast was simple but had a good variety including some hot items. The hotel was good overall but was not located next to anything. When my party wanted to have a drink there was no hotel bar to sit at nor could we walk to anything. The hotel would be better situated one mile north in the downtown area.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"Best for visiting the CIA."
This hotel never disappointed when I visited my daughter at The Culinary Institute. (past tense, as she graduated last week, so no more visits. :( The staff is top notch and always willing to assist you with any need or situation. The breakfast is delicious and plentiful. If I ever have reason to go back that way, this will be the place for me.
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
"Old hotel with rennovations but still feels old."
The rooms were big and spacious but amenities in it were poor. It had no safe, a damaged light, and the carpeting looked rather old. The hallways were very dark and looked dirty (it may have been clean but the environment made it feel differently. The people I talked to were very helpful.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Clean, convenient, good breakfast"
Free laundry facility for those who are traveling for a long period of time or with children.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Great for CIA visits!"
I just love this hotel and hate that my visits there will be ending soon as my daughter graduates from the Culinary Institute. There are some things that are a bit dated and ready for an update (like the hallway carpeting and some bathrooms), but overall, this place is a gem. It is the most convenient, name brand hotel to The Culinary, they serve a great breakfast everyday, the staff is more friendly and accommodating than any I've ever met, the extras such as the outdoor pool, exercise room, and business area are terrific, and I'm always thankful whenever I stay here.
2 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2014
"Very friendly staff and comfortable."
Very comfortable and close to everything . Front desk named Oliver was very friendly and helpful.
Dawa
"Good Location; Fair Price. . . considering."
The Hotel was pretty busy to completely sold out when I stayed there for three nights. It was quiet in my room, except for the normal in room air conditioner noise. Clean rooms/bathrooms/hallways. Excellent mattress, clean new bedding and towels. The free breakfast was just okay but acceptable. The ONE elevator was a little slow at times. Good business center with two computers to use, printer supplies etc. Easy check in and out process. Outdoor pool, decent exercise room. Free USA TODAY and local Arts papers readily available to guests in lobby. Beware of cheaper area hotels. I wanted to extend my stay but they were sold out. I checked out Cloud 9 down the street and despite decent Expedia review... the place is terrible with cleanliness issues and mold in the rooms. I luckily didn't stay there because I checked out the rooms before I committed. I wound out spending more than Holiday Inn to stay at Hampton Suites for a few additional nights. It is a little newer with indoor pool but also 30 percent more per night and quite frankly. . . didn't like their breakfast area set-up as much and business center internet connection was a bit limited.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
"Mediocre Breakfasts -Hotel Overpriced"
For $139 plus tax per night - I expect better quality than this. Service was good. But breakfasts were mediocre and the hotel was run down and somewhat unpleasant.
2 night business trip Jun 20, 2014
Nathan
"Comfortable room, good location"
My daughter and I recently stayed in Poughkeepsie for 3 days at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel staff greeted us promptly and were very professional. The room was very clean and super comfy! The bathroom was awesome and the shower had hot water and great water pressure (not always the case with hotel showers!). The breakfast bar had a good variety. My daughter is on a gluten free diet and there are not always options for her at breakfast, so thanks for that!! Would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
MJ
Great stay, very comfortable and clean. We really liked the room and thought the staff was wonderful.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"located near all I wanted to see."
Very clean. Nice staff. comfortable room. Conveniently located.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
Sue
"Very Nice Stay"
Upon arrival, we were welcomed very warmly and graciously. The front desk provided us with the necessary information for our stay and even offered to give us dinner recommendations although I already had one lined up. We stayed in a suite, which was extremely clean, spacious, and relaxing. The jacuzzi tub was a great feature. In fact, it was the reason we booked the room in the first place and we were not dissapointed. The space was very well thought out and would be great for a family extended stay. My only criticism, if I HAD to give one, was that the shower was a little on the small side and felt a little klostrophobic. Besides that, this was one of the best hotels and stays I've ever had and I would recommend it to anyone!
1 night trip Jun 2, 2014
comfortable, very clean and close to Marist College
2 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Very close to Marist"
Very nicely priced and comfortable!! Convenient to Marist College!!
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Judy
"Ok hotel close to the Cuilinary Institute."
Check in was quick and easy. Room was totally acceptable, but w/o any luxury goodies. Heat and AC was available thru an in-room unit that worked well and quietly. Hot breakfast was available, but strictly DIY, with a machine that shook and ejected pancakes. If I have reason to stay in the area again, I will probably choose this hotel.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Janie
Great place and will be even nicer when renovation is done:)
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Trish
"AWESOME!!"
My experience was Awesome!! I have had terrible experiences at 2 other places that I stayed at while visiting Poughkeepsie..... My experience @ Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie was really really great.....
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Kim Ford
"Good location, easy access"
Very pleasant and helpful staff. Rooms clean and comfortable. Breakfast better than expected. Youth sports team a little rambunctious in the evening. Good location to activities in and around Poughkeepsie.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Chachi
"great location, service"
Love staying here due to proximity to train station. staff is always very accommodating to any needs I have.
3 night trip with friends Mar 13, 2014
Jamie
"A step above Motel 6"
Nothing extraordinary. A comfy bed, inattentive front desk, non smoking areas that smell like smokers.
Other trip Feb 13, 2014
"Very pleasant!!"
Very clean nice room. Breakfast was great and staff was very friendly will definitely stay here again if we travel to Poughkeepsie..
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
"Okay hotel for last minute business trip."
The bathroom had a whole in the ceiling that they tried to cover and failed. Bathroom could have been cleaned better.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
Vincent
"Reliable basic hotel"
I've stayed here before, the amenities and service are consistent...very good for the price.
4 night trip Jan 9, 2014
"A nice place to stay!"
A nice place to stay! Stayed here before,always a good experience.
1 night trip Jan 4, 2014
"Fantastic Stay!"
Easy and speedy check in and out. Great customer service! Both men I encountered at the front desk were very pleasant, friendly and had a warm welcoming smile! To my surprise I was given a little goodie bag upon check in which contained a water bottle, a Twix candy bar and a bag of smart food popcorn! I thought this was wonderful, I always get a little hungry during the night and it was just so great that I didn't have to take a trip out once I was already settled in!!
1 night business trip Dec 12, 2013
Sara
"Convenient to the sights"
Good except for the big mistake that they made. I wanted to give them a reminder note that our daughter who would show up at 1-2 am, that said we were leaving food, etc at the front desk. It wasn't accepted because he told me he would put the info into the computer and when she came in it would be there for the desk people to see. Well, they didn't !!!!!!
6 night trip Nov 26, 2013
Burton A
"Reliable"
We are in Poughkeepsie often and usually stay here. Nothing special about the hotel, but it is dependable.
Other trip Nov 14, 2013
Paco
"Thin walls"
The hotel was very clean, and the staff was very nice, but the walls have no insulation, I could hear the guess next door, every time they used the restroom, used the drier, or took a shower.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
"Nice stop in Poughkeepsie"
Good value and location for event in area.
1 night trip Oct 26, 2013
"Suprising"
Our stay at the Holiday Inn Express was surprisingly good. We were not expecting much from a small town hotel but found the place to be very quiet, very comfortable, very clean, easy to access and close to the CIA which was our reason to be there in the first place. We will definitely recommend and come back during future visits. Well done!!
2 night trip Oct 16, 2013
VVV
"Exactly what we expected"
We went to Poughkeepsie to tour Marist College and this was a perfectly serviceable hotel. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. We were in the rear of the hotel and didn't hear any street noise. There were no tables free when we went to breakfast, but we were able to gather up some muffins, yogurt, fruit and coffee and head back to the room. I wouldn't spend my honeymoon here, but it was fine for us.
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Meredith
"Convenient to Vassar, Marist College and the CIA"
The Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie is a nice hotel with a convenient location. The hotel is starting to become worn out. The mattress and pillows were lumpy. The bathroom was yellowed and moldy. The carpet dirty. I was disappointed in the price gouging in the Poughkeepsie area at all of the local hotels. I was in Poughkeepsie for Parent's Day weekend. The price range for the room ranged from $239.00 one night to as low as $102.00, which is truly what the hotel room is worth. The staff was great, but they did FORGET to give me a Federal Express package that had arrived the day I checked in. I had to call the hotel after my departure (realizing that it had in fact been sent to the HI) to have the package sent to me a week later (as I live internationally). I did not eat breakfast at the hotel, so I cannot comment on the complimentary breakfast. The complimentary washer/dryer on each floor is quite a convenience.
Other trip Oct 3, 2013
"Graduation"
I was very pleased with our accommodations. I was touched that the person at the front desk when checking out remembered me telling him the previous day we were there for a graduation.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2013
JK
"good stay"
the holiday inn express is a very clean and quiet place to stay.it has a good casual breakfast offering and it is free.it is not far from hyde park and all that it has to offer.i would highly recommend this holiday inn to anybody.
2 night romance trip Sep 14, 2013
Donald
"Nice place to stay"
I thought the room was well-appointed, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly, and the overall atmosphere of the hotel was very nice. This building has been around for a long time, first as a regular Holiday Inn and now as a Holiday Inn Express. This is the first time I've been inside since it became a HIE. It's been updated and modernized and is very well maintained. I'm glad to see they kept the outdoor pool, even though an indoor pool could be used year-round. The pool was clean and there were plenty of chaise lounge chairs on the deck, and one table/chairs setup. Can't comment on the breakfast since I didn't try it, but the dining area looked clean and inviting (coffee/tea are available all day).
1 night trip with friends Aug 28, 2013
"Close to Vassar."
We stayed here for two nights. Great hotel. Near all kinds of stores and restaurants. We flew from California so we we needed to buy most of the supplies for my granddaughter's dorm room. Target, Bed Bath and Beyond, Kohl's , just about any store is within a few minutes. Many good restaurants too. The rooms were clean and very nice. I was lost once and could not find the ice machine. One of the cleaning staff was kind enough to show me the way! The front staff lady is a gem.
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
Janet
"Comfy and convenient"
Overall, it was a great hotel which met our needs for our six-day stay. Room was VERY comfortable and clean. Staff was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. It's also located in a central part of town so running errands and going shopping were so easy. We received a lot value for what we paid. Only minor negatives -- room decor was a little dated, breakfast needed more variety and the dryer for the guest laundry didn't dry our clothes well. But, I'd stay here again if the price were right like it was this time. Kudos to the management and staff.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Satisfied Guest
"Clean, comfortable, close to Hyde Park"
Nice room, comfortable beds, good breakfast selection (included) and exceptionally friendly and helpful person at the front desk. About 5-6 miles from FDR site and Culinary Institute and close to Walkway Across the Hudson. Hotel is on a main road but was quiet.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
LeonardoJ
THE ROOM, SERVICE @ BREAKFAST WERE GREAT.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2013
ELY
"Nicely located, clean, efficient"
Needed to stay a night in Poughkeepsie and chose this hotel based on closeness to an event we were attending, pricing, and reviews. It was a fabulous experience - check-in was quick - the room was large with a king bed, loveseat sofa, easy access to outlets, and clean, large bathroom. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, there were extra towels(!), a refrigerator and microwave. There was no road noise from busy Route 9 right outside the hotel either to disturb us. Breakfast was included although the breakfast bar was a little disorganized and confusing. But overall, it was well worth staying there and extremely comfortable. Check-out was a breeze as well! I'd definitely stay there again. (A bonus for me was looking across the street at the former home of my grandparents and feeling nostalgic!)
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013