All hotels in Omaha, Nebraska, United States of America
10729 J Street, Omaha, NE, 68127, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Score breakdown (from 1 review)

• 5.0
  • 4.0
  • 3.0
  • 2.0
  • 1.0

Response by Horizon Inn
Thank you for your five star rating. We strive to make every guest stay enjoyable.
2 night trip Jan 22, 2015

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"Hotel in transition"
12/20/14 LUDS96 East Haven, Connecticut
This Holiday Inn Express will be nice in the future. In the process of being renovated. Should have been done awhile ago. Breakfast was good. The room was okay but needed updating. The carpeting throughout the hotel was dirty and is in the process on being replaced. It was convenient to where I was working. I spoke with the Managers in the morning and they said the hotel was in the process of being completely renovated. They sent and email prior to my arrival saying my room type was not available that they were under construction. I stayed anyway. I would go back again if I'm sent to Omaha again.
"Underwhelming hotel"
11/17/14 Mmccoy1973
While the staff was quite nice, and extended late check out, the rooms were small. The hotel's whirlpool spa was broken, my television cut in and out (pixelated) regularly and the temperature was difficult to control. I wanted to work on my laptop in the lobby near the fireplace. The front desk person, didn't even know how to turn it on (it was gas). The coffee was good. The desks in the rooms are too high for the chairs so it makes it nearly impossible to work in your room. The fitness room was horrible, with 70s era weight lifting system and some older fitness equipment. One of the treadmills was out of order. The hallways and lobby carpeting was stained and old looking. My room was clean, and well kept by housekeeping, but the details in the bathroom cleaning was lacking.
"Convenient location, good price, lousy room"
09/20/14 Jim G Woodbury, Minnesota, United States
On a trip through Omaha we wanted a convenient (just off the freeway) and inexpensive room (<$100 for a 7-8 hour stay). We found convenient, and less expensive but were very disappointed with the room. Due to alergies we really need a non-smoking room and supposedly reserved one but the room had a very distinct smoke smell. The shower curtain was also pulling out of the wall and about to fall down. The wall paper in the bathroom was also peeling and very unattractive. Recommend you avoid room 501. Otherwise the hotel is what we have come to expect from a Holiday Inn express. Room was not large but functional, clean and convenient. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was they typical, average fair that gets you going early in the morning. Free internet worked great Workout room was uninspiring Pool looked inviting but we didn't have time to enjoy it. Very convenient from the I80 Pillows were poor Beds were clean
"Shoud have read the reviews on Tripadvisor first :("
09/17/14 Chris W Vancouver, Canada
Friendly front office staff working in a tired hotel. All of the equipment in the exercise room function poorly ...or not at all. Two treadmills - one not working at all, the other stopped in the middle of my exercise program "error". Not what I was hoping for after long days of travel. Jacuzzi tub tired and worn, corners of all rooms gathering dirt (noticeable), internet poor....there are much better properties to spend your nights in until this place has a complete renovation give it a miss.
"Never again"
07/06/14 aryding87
My partner and I found this hotel online and the reviews were more poaitive than negative. I knew I should have checkes TripAdvisor before booking. Learned that lesson. At first it waa nice. The beds are comfortable and rooms clean. Until we found a beetle of some sort in our room on the third floor. No big deal just kill it right? It was in the indoor pool area that we really started to feel uncomfortable. The clerks looked the other when it came to alcohol being in public places. My partner and I do not drink. We were forced out of the hot tub when more guests piled in with alcohol and proceeded to brimf bottles of it in. Later in the evening around 11:30 the clerk stood around with non guests drinking on the job. Ibrun my own company so maybe my standards are high but this came ofd to us both as unprofessional. We complained to the manager about it and of course the clerk lied about not drinking and it is obvious she was. The next evening the guesta returned and were now actual guests of the hotel. We apexifixally heard the comment that "someome squealed" on the clerk so they couldn't drink in the lobby. It was definitely unpleasant and we will NOT be staying here again. Ever. The breakfast waa good though!
"Terrible internet and and Cell service"
06/23/14 Jim H Chicago, Illinois
Decent hotel but internet is very bad, could not get VPN to work or even surf, not good. Cell reception is bad too. Management knows but have done nothing. Rooms a bit run down and couch stained. Bed was good as well as staff.
"Decent hotel for business trip"
06/11/14 Natalie B Des Moines, Iowa
This hotel was booked by my company for a business trip. The hotel was clean and inviting. The room was clean and spacious. Microwave and small fridge in the room were a nice, unexpected convenience. Free hot breakfast had enough variety to cater to many tastes. All front desk associates were very courteous and helpful with all of our needs!
"Not a Great Hotel"
06/04/14 James P Silverdale, Washington
This is an OK place but not great. The location is not ideal, but we stayed in Omaha for the Buffett Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Conference, and there were very few rooms available in the area. The Holiday Inn name has usually been reliable, but this one is not one of the best. The room was marginal from a cleanliness and furnishing condition aspect. On Sunday, our room was never cleaned and we were not contacted as to our desires. The front desk people were very friendly and the breakfast room experience was ok.
"Not terrible but not worth the $"
05/19/14 Salesguy3308 Sioux City, Iowa
We stayed here for a family weekend to Omaha. Why is that I cannot find a really nice hotel in this city? This HI Express was not terrible, but was much more run down than most HI Expresses that I stay at. At $110 it was not worth the price.
"OK hotel"
03/19/14 Christy I Lawrence, Kansas
My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our latest trip to Omaha for two nights. As we have stayed at many HI Express hotels, we knew what to expect. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. A couple of things that we noticed were different from other HI Express we've stayed at. First, the rooms were much smaller. I would guess that this hotel used to be another hotel and was converted to an HI Express at a later date. Second, the bed and pillows were not has high a quality as compared to other HI Express hotels we've stayed at.. My pillows were extremely lumpy and I even went to the front desk and got another one but it was lumpy too. Lastly, we had an issue with extremely loud guests coming in at all hours of the night. I realize there isn't a lot the hotel can do about this, but they could remind the guests who come in late at night not to slam doors. You can hear them very clearly throughout the hotel. Overall, this is an OK place to stay. If you are on this side of town and will only be there for a night or two, this place would be fine. Like I said above, the staff was extremely friendly, even the maintenance man smiled and said hello when we saw him. The lady who put out the breakfast each morning, Alma, was so nice and helpful. She really went the extra mile to make sure everyone had everything they needed.