All hotels in Washington, North Carolina, United States of America
1031 Carolina Ave, Washington, NC, 27889, United States of America, ‏‎855-241-5599

"Fine for the price."
Overall, fine for the price. A couple of the clothes hangers were broken. The door stuck but a little extra pressure opened it. The room was very humid. The employees were friendly and responded quickly to requests. The breakfast included waffles, omeletes, sausage, cereal, toast, English muffins, bagels,yogurt, apples, juice and coffee. We would stay there again.
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
"Mold and mildew"
The staff was nice enough, but the mildew odor hits you as soon as you walk through the door. They have air fresheners everywhere to try and mask the smell. I opened the air conditioner to spray febreeze and it was covered with mold/mildew.
2 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
Room was very nasty. Food in mini fridge. mold and mildew in bath tub and on shower curtain. Will not stay there ever again.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
"Check-In Eviction"
My family and I came from out of town to attend a funeral. We were pleased to see that the hotel had room to accommodate us on such short notice. We checked in really late (11PM) that evening and had difficulty gaining entrance into the room. The staff attendant made several efforts to reprogram the key card. Her efforts went on for about 45 minutes before having the supervisor reprogram the door itself. All the while my family and I remained in the hallway of the hotel sitting on the floor with our luggage in hand waiting to get in. We finally gained entrance after about 1 hour and 15 minutes (12:15 AM). We were all too tired from the travel and just wanted to get some sleep for we all had to be at the funeral at 8AM. I appreciated my family's patience in this situation, however we had the SAME problem upon our return from the funeral before checking out! The only solution the desk clerk offered was for our next visit to not get that room again!
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Shawnette
"Worth the price"
We stayed here for a softball tournament and the hotel was not brand new but it was decent. The rooms were clean. The only issue we had was that you have to move furniture in order to get sleep sofa bed pulled out. The price we paid was worth it. The lady at the front desk was very busy, seemed she was the only one working for a big tournament weekend.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
Katherine
"Great place for a midway stop to the beach"
We had electrical trouble with the TV when we first got there, but the front desk was quick to troubleshoot. I think there was a storm and the power was not reset correctly. It was fixed quickly.
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
Margaret
"Very good"
Very good
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
"standard, clean"
standard hotel closet to washington and belhaven. clean. good for the price.
1 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Clean, quiet, nice stay. Good breakfast. Staff very friendly and promptly answered questions. Nice little find.
Other trip May 13, 2015
Great clean good time
1 night trip with friends Apr 25, 2015
Barry
"Not a good stay"
Had to change rooms. Towels on floor, bed not made, trash in table and roaches in the room. 1st and last...
2 night business trip Apr 14, 2015
peter
Hotel was a bit run down. Elevator out of order. Ice machine on second floor out of order.
It was terrible! I NEVER EVER want to stay there again! The carpet smelled. No elevator!!!!! In a facility with a second floor. Housekeeper came in our room with loud music blaring from her earphones at 10am twice. Smoking rooms are across from non smoking rooms, you can smell smoke. They give you half size pillows?!
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
Rena
"Not a pleasant stay"
The beds were comfortable snd room was clean enough. Hall carpet looked like it had been a while since it had been vacuumed. Our bathroom door was broken to where you could not close it. Had to put garbage can in front of it. Was offered to get another room but husband said it was okay. Should have asked me. Worst breakfast ever.
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"nice clean and comfortable"
we had been traveling by car and we were so tired, when the hotel clerk said she was checking me in over the phone i was so happy. when we arrived she had keys and room waiting for us. thanks for having such warm and understanding staff
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Deb
"Overnight business trip"
Room was decent but certainly not clean and comfortable. I could hear everything going on in hall and next door. TV remote took 4-5 try's before it worked and most statins didn't come in. It was fine for quick overnight trip but could've been better
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Disappointing"
The hotel could use an upgrade. Linens and towels are worn thin. The bathroom shower was recently caulked and that was falling off the wall. The hotel clerk was more interested in her realiy tv show blaring in the lobby than checking us in to an UNoccupied room. This was a big negative for us.0
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
seasoned travel
"Ehhhhh......."
No internet, noisy fan in bath that wouldn't cut off. A bit worn, but quiet and safe. My husband was not amused.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Marion
"Worse place ever!"
Beds were uncomfortable and the bed rail stuck out about a foot which my son tripped over multiple times. When I called to check my reservation no one answered the phone. When I arrived the attendant was too busy watching tv while getting me set up. When I asked why no one answered the phone te response was "Sorry, must have been away from the desk!"
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2014
Antonio
Cleanliness and the efficiency of the staff was lacking.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"Not so good second time"
I was a little disappointed this last time first time the room so clean and even smelled clean this trip it was clean but not like last time. Also this trip we had to move rooms due to a noise blower for the heater and that wasn't what I was upset with was that I was in the second to last room at the far end of the hotel and had to walk all the way back up to the desk with all my stuff to just go right back to the room right next to it. Not sure why the lady at the desk couldn't have brought the key to me and did even seem to care when I mentioned it. There was also a group of men just lounging in the lobby when I was checking in and they were loud and appeared to be annoying the girl at the desk checking us in they appeared to be with the hotel one of the gentleman had to come help getting me checked in and neither one of them even as much as said sorry for taking 25 mins to check in.
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
sean
"roach motel"
avoid this place roaches plumbing issues and poor management are just the beginning of my complaint
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
dale
"Magnuson Hotel in Washington, NC"
For $57 a night you can't expect a great deal but the room was clean and the staff very friendly & helpful. "My" room was in a bit of disrepair with the ceiling crumbling, peeling and stained, missing handles on dresser, toilet badly stained, free WiFi wouldn't connect and the room safe never did work. The continental breakfast was adequate if you were hungry and rushed for time. However, the bed was comfortable and the tv worked ok.
3 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"nEVER AGAIN"
I knew that it was not gonna b pleasing once we turned on Carolina Ave and saw the hotel. The staff was dressed in everyday clothing, not uniformed & no name tag. The hotel had an old smell and they had bathroom wick sticks on the counter, the hallway carpet way filthy, the smoke from the room knocked u off ur feet when entering. The shower curtain was moldy, bed hard as a brick. Must i go on. NEVER AGAIN, thats all i could say.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
"ehhhh"
office attendant didnt even get up when I walked in. Upstairs hallway stunk. Room was ok. Breakfast was a joke, no milk for the cold cereal, no fruit. I took a rice crispies treat and left. No directions for TV, couldn't get it to work.
1 night trip Oct 3, 2014
james
No coffee pot in my room! Treadmill in excercise room inoperative. No-one at front desk @ 6:00AM.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2014
Don Agren
"Great value"
We read some of the reviews online before we booked and were very pleasantly surprised. We all know you can not go by reviews alone. Rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. for a one night stay on the road road you can't beat the value.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great for a brief stay"
Room was musty smelling but not overpowering. Turns out I got a room that allowed smoking. Didn't know any hotels allowed that anymore! Towels were scratchy but not surprising with the low rate I paid. Front desk clerk at check in was prompt, efficient and friendly. At check-out there was no one at the front desk, so I just left my card keys on the counter. Seems the clerk was out in front smoking a cigarette and Yakking it up with friends....too busy to do her job.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
J. Ashley
This stay was better than the first time we stayed (Aug.23 &24 of 2013).
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Vincent Van Gorden
"Hotel needs serious renovation!"
Bathroom doors that won't latch, room doors that you can open without a key, broken ice machine on second floor, sketchy night staff. These are things you will find if you stay at this hotel. I wouldn't stay here again if they paid me!
3 night trip Jul 30, 2014
ML
"Breakfast"
They shouldn't promise breakfast if they can't deliver. Their breakfast was a poor excuse for breakfast.
2 night romance trip Aug 2, 2014
Dora
"Construction"
It was being renovated, not quite a relaxing environment, construction in the hallways. Average at best
7 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
"Theft by housekeeping/staff"
I left my phone charger in the room after checkout. I called the same day to report that I left the charger and where it was plugged in, kindly asking the hotel to send the charger to me via USPS. The hotel clerk I spoke to spoke like it was unlikely that the charger would be found, but said that she would check with housekeeping. She took my address and phone number and said she would call me if it was located. I requested that she call either way after checking with housekeeping. I never received a call back and the charger was not returned. The room and hotel itself was okay (you get what you pay for), but it did share a parking lot with a rundown motel which made the area look worse than it was. The beds in the room are very hard (and I like a firm bed) leaving my shoulders aching in the middle of the night. If I were to visit this area again, I would choose other accommodations.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
"Noise noise"
We saw the pictures and decided that it was a decent hotel. We also paid a good amount of money for this stay. We had a awful stay. The AC unit was making loud noises so were the people on our floor - yelling and shouting till way past midnight and again the next morning. The breakfast was minimal and the same people were blocking the small room while 3 other old couples waited on forever. Will never again stay here.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"Check out your room."
The first room 114 was not ready, refrigerator issues; the second room 210, had a leaking toilet; the third room 214 had a bad thermosate, it was either on or off; did not set at a temperature. We moved three times that night. The magnetic keys would not always open the door. The breakfast was good and the lady behind the counter was very pleasant.
1 night trip Nov 29, 2013
Alphonso
"Disappointing."
hotel receptionist was outside smoking at the entrance several times as we were coming and going, leaving reception desk unattended. head housekeeper was dour, sour, unpleasant and never, ever returned any of our, "Hello!" greetings.
Other trip Sep 17, 2013
"Ok for the $"
The room was clean, beds comfortable, nice size fridge. Stairwells, lobby and parking lot could use some upgrades. You get what you pay for.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Not far to ECU"
Lovely inexpensive place to stay. Nice restaurant within walking distance, Blackbeard's.
1 night family trip Sep 14, 2013
the staff was great,only issue I had was needed more lighting where I ate in the room.
5 night trip Sep 4, 2013
henry
The Customer Service person when we got there and left was very nice. We went to our event and came back, found there was not a remote for the TV in the room; I went to the desk, the person there said he would have to get batteries and bring it to me. a half hour later my daughter went back to the desk; found him on his Ipad and again asked for a remote, said he would bring it, she waited. Our room was right at the ice machine and the front desk; no sound proofing in the room at all. About 2:30am I was awakened by a loud laugh and commotion in the lobby. I went out to ask if they could be a little quieter; the desk clerk just looked at me. I went back and found some ear plugs. The sanitation grade was 94.5; we did not eat breakfast there.
1 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Washington NC Quality Inn"
Room seemed confortable, but I spend the previous day entirely in my car, not in any wooded areas, yet I had a tick on my back the morning when I was checking out. I was also able to get onto their wifi the morning of check out, but could not get on the night before, dispite several tries, including rebooting my computer
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Decent overnight stay"
Spent one night on the way to our final destination. Hotel had some age on it, but the lobby and hallways had recent renovations. Rooms had yet to have the same upgrades. Still, not bad for an overnighter.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
Guest
"BAD AC"
The AC barely worked and they had no fans, i had to go to Walmart and buy a fan for the room. I wont stay there again in the summer time anyway.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
"Comfort in Washington NC"
Over all it was very enjoyable, we were sorry the pool wasn't opened but after asking I was informed and understood it wasn't there fault. The motel itself was clean and comfortable.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2013
Ann
"Very nice staff NOT the most luxuriest place"
Staff was great and the price was great Bed was uncomfortable and not the cleanist
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
"Good 1 night stay for busniess"
Enjoyed my stay the staff was Very friendly and helpful. The pool was still closed, though I wasn't going to use it but if I had been traveling with family I would more than likely used it.
1 night business trip Jun 12, 2013
"One Night Business Trip"
Clean facility, friendly staff, very comfortable stay. I will definitely choose this one again.
1 night business trip May 20, 2013
Joe O.
"Room and breakfast"
Room was clean. Breakfast was not the best. Front staff was friendly. Reasonable price.
Other trip May 2, 2013
"Decent & affordable"
Hotel could use a little sprucing up with some paint & ac/heat units look a lil beat up but didn't interfere with us staying here. Only complaint I have is they could spend some $ on some bigger plusher pillows.
Other trip Apr 7, 2013