All hotels in Tarboro, North Carolina, United States of America
102 Market Centre Dr, Tarboro, NC, 27886, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"comfortable sleep pleasant service"
comfortable sleep for cheap. hotel staff was pleasant. breakfast had eggs sausage biscuits waffles cereal, good selection for hotel food. pool look nice clean and inviting but we didn't have time to swim. would use again.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2015
SieHawk
"Great stop over"
Our stay was enjoyable for an over night stay...staff was friendly and polite...breakfast was great...only issue was phone service...apparently when the office staff was on the phone u couldn't set wakeup call service...other than that would definately use them again
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
charles
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Stayed one night. I was expecting much less for the price but it was surprisingly very clean and had all the amenities I needed. I can't find one complaint except it was located behind a convenient store.
1 night business trip Jul 30, 2015
Otha
"Hit and Miss Stay"
First time in a Best Western. Bed was comfortable. Room was moderately clean. Breakfast was ok, but not all that appetizing. The bathroom was redone very poorly and the elevator hallway was gross with tons of dead bugs. So, very hit and miss. Won't look to stay at a Best Western again.
1 night business trip Jul 25, 2015
Courtney
"A dirty nightmare! !"
It's was a total nightmare. When we arrived there was no one at the desk for at least 20 minutes finally someone came out and told us the manager went to buy the staff lunch so we had to wait for him to return..As we waited there was a party in the lobby people playing cards and laying on a big blue blow up bed! I thought this was strange since there is a large size meeting room in the hotel so way didn't the manager ask them to camp out in there instead of the lobby... In total I had 3 rooms for my family, when we finally checked in all 3 rooms where dirty room #1 had a dirty rag on the bathroom floor ,room #2 had a dirty bathtub with hair in it,room #3 had a slimy Slug crawling up the wall with no towels. The beat part about the hotel was the continental breakfast but on the second night there was a large can of RAID roach spray on the counter! !!!!!!
2 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
starr
"One night's glimpse"
Overall a good stay for one night. Everything seemed in order. Our room was next to the lobby and there were some rather loud groups in the lobby, but once we got in the room to the bed area we couldn't hear it, so we didn't make any complaint. The Shower/toilet area a little cramped, and there was not much counter space around the sink for two adults and two kids' stuff. Beds were comfortable, breakfast was good. This hotel was a good launch point for us to go to the Outer Banks the next day.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Nice & Smooth"
The Hotel was nice & clean, the rooms were very nice we had no issues with anything, will stay again...
2 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
brian
"Fabulous!"
Great stay! Great Breakfast! Nice pleasant staff! Will stay again!
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Alex
"It was Great!"
It was great I had no problems, the room was clean, breakfest was great, what more could I ask for!
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Chante
"UPGRADED !"
When we checked in, we were told we've been "upgraded" ! Get to the room and YES we have a two-room Jacuzzi suite with mini kitchen ... sweet. Filled up the tub, turn on the jets ... SO LOUD we turned it off in less than a minute. The room was so large, the A/C unit (in the living room area)on FULL could not keep the room cool enough for us. Could have called to have our room changed, but we were so tired - we just dealt with it. Hate to complain - everything thing was super clean and new & the staff very helpful.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2015
Leslie
"Last minute hotel"
Was very satisfied with the hotel, but never thought I would have to pay for somewhere to stay in my hometown. Would use it again if
Other trip May 23, 2015
Elvis
"NC Getaway"
Front desk person was not friendly, woman that relieved him was the complete opposite
1 night romance trip May 9, 2015
vera
"Good Place to stay"
The room was pretty nice although there were stains around, in back and inside of the toilet. The bathroom door didn't open very far and violently bounced back at about 100 degrees opening. Smelled clean and fresh though with a comfortable bed and pillows. Plenty of room to stretch out and relax. Felt comfortable in the room.
Other trip May 10, 2015
"Nice!"
Was there only 1 night but it impressed me!
1 night business trip May 1, 2015
Gerald
"Room review"
I was put in a handicaped room because we reserved a non smoking room. It would have been nice to know that ahead because there is no bath tub in this type of room. Otherwise it was very nice//
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
"nice room"
A little farther away than we thought. Good breakfast and service.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
"good facility"
excellant room and facilities
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
Duan
"Over Nighter"
Stopped for a overnight stay on the way to the beach. Every thing was fine.
1 night business trip Apr 21, 2015
Shirley
Very nice room
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Clean and close to all amenities"
This hotel is about 20 miles from I 95. The hotel was clean the staff friendly and helpful and everything you could want (gas, Super Walmart, restaurants) we were pleased with free breakfast. I would stop there again.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
traveler
Nice stay,,pillows are too small we would definitely stay there again ,
jay
"overnight stay"
nice hotel but the walls were very thin. kids above us were running & jumping. had to call front desk. normal breakfast. great staff.
1 night trip Mar 13, 2015
"Excellent location for business travel to Tarboro"
Very good. I was on business travel . I was able to get work done, food and lodging without any issues what so ever.
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
Art
"Nice motel"
This best western is OK for the NC area, nothing fancy but did have a frig and microwave. Beds were fine AC worked great. Only problem noticed was the bathroom floor should be replaced. Whoever did that tile job should be fired.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
JN
"OVERNIGHT"
We were on a long road trip and needed a place close to I 95 and this was perfect. The breakfast was a nice way to get on the road again and not have to stop and waste more time. Room in good condition and nice furnishings....Shower and toilet area a little tight. Overall a great experience. Also walk to restaurants nearby for quick dinner.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Marilyn
"Good hotel for all"
Clean, pleasant location. My favorite Dairy Queen next door for a blizzard
Other trip Apr 10, 2013
Roland
"Great Price, Modern Room"
We only needed a one night stay. The rooms were nice and kept up to modern standards.
Other trip Mar 16, 2013
steph
"Decent place to stay"
I spent one night here after a concert. It was worth the inexpensive price of the room. The hotel was decent, the room seemed clean. The bed was ok, but the pillows sucked. I like a firm but soft pillow. These were similar to most hotel pillows, put your head on it and you sink all the way through. The staff was friendly for the most part. When I checked in the guy working was actually a little too friendly and tried talking my head off. Luckily my friends showed up and saved me. When I returned to the room after my concert, I went back out to the lobby to find a drink. The two women acted as if I was bothering them asking where the drink machine was. It's not my fault there was no sign. Overall it was a decent stay, and if I ever end up in this part of NC again, I'd probably stay there.
Other trip Feb 17, 2013
KA
"Good option in Tarboro"
Nice and clean. Recently renovated, breakfast was adequate. Exercise room was in disrepair, however.
Other trip Nov 12, 2012
SC

"Don't expect much if you choose this hotel."
Although the staff was accommodating, the condition of the hotel was questionable at best. There was definitely problems with cleanliness, especially behind the door in the bathroom and in the main part of the room. Prescription drugs were found on the floor along with other dirt. The stairway looked like it had not been vacuumed in a month as well. Other than the fruit for breakfast, it was not editable by those in my family. The next morning, it was also realized that the door was not lockable. Anyone could have just pushed on the door to get in.
1 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
sonja

TripAdvisor reviews for BEST WESTERN Tarboro Hotel

"Surprised"
08/26/15 Alanna C Kinston, United States
The value of the room was excellent. I booked so late and the only room available was smoking. I was so suprised at the cleaning level of this establishment that I could not tell. Very quite and the from desk made me feel welcomed even if I came in at a very late time.
"Beware"
08/25/15 Dave W Kitchener
Beware travellers, stayed one night and was charged twice. Hotel has denied doing so and Best Western customer service was no help. I don't know if its connected or not, but hotel was reluctant to give me a receipt when I checked out. Luckily Visa confirmed the double billing and they fixed it. Unacceptable Best Western.
"Needs maintenance and attention"
08/06/15 Lisa J
This hotel has the potential to be a decent hotel. The front desk attendant was very nice and accomodating at check in. It's nice to have a complementary hot breakfast and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. It was easy to get to from the highway and we had free wi-fi. In our room, the curtains wouldn't close all the way to block out the lights from the nearby bojangles and service station at night. One side of the dual bedside lamp had a short in it. The bathtub had a huge crack in the bottom of it that had been patched up by two bath mat looking patches. When you stepped into the shower, the floor of the tub would give. It was sketchy. I had to ask for my invoice to be printed at check out when I was told it would be put under my door overnight.
"The WORST hotel"
08/02/15 Dawn R
Their only saving grace is the staff are really nice & try to accommodate you to the best of their ability. Everything else was awful. The entire hotel smelled like cigarettes. I booked a non-smoking room but all they had available when we got there was smoking. The room was filthy: spider webs on the ceiling, cigarette ashes in the drawers random particles of food on the floor. We only needed the room for a few hours to change as we had just driven 8 hours to attend a funeral. The hotel is right across the street from Walmart so I went to get some cleaning supplies and bath linens. The bath linens in the room we laughable. It became even more comical when I noticed the sign stating that is you took any of the linens they would charge you as much as $11 per piece. We freshened up & went to the funeral. When we came back our room was infested with ants. They were everywhere. My husband told the manager and he immediately came up with some pesticide. I had my 10 month old daughter with me so I took her out while he sprayed. When I came back to the floor you could smell the pesticide from 10 rooms away so my husband asked if we could switch rooms. I couldn't have my baby around that poison. When we got to the next room we were only going to freshen up, change & head back out on the road. Lo and behold we found another swarm of ants. We just went to check out after that. Stay away!
07/22/15 Allison B Tarboro, NC, United States
Nice property. Except for some trash in the parking lot, the hotel looked very good. Very comfortable bed. Staff was polite and helpful. Breakfast was excellent in both quality and quantity. The pool was larger than I thought it would be. The cool dip after a busy day was nice.
"Very Nice, Comfortable and Clean"
07/21/15 Rasheda M Bowie, United States
For the price, this was pretty much an excellent stay. bed was comfy, the rooms seemed recently remodeled. Staff could've been a bit friendlier, but an overall great experience for me with an awesome price. I highly recommend!
"a Travelers Stop to Mark on your map."
07/17/15 Paula F Chattaroy, Washington
The hotel is exactly as it should be. Great service at check in.The room was nice and clean, fridge with small freezer, small micro wave and other amenities. Bed was comfortable Small bathroom (depends on room). A good continental breakfast. Close to 64, a Superwalmart and the lowest price gas I have seen in eastern Carolina at the time. Also, a couple of fast foods and the local pizza hut delivered a great pizza. I gave an excellent on location as it is near 64 and most will be just passing thru.
"Needed a place badly"
07/16/15 miapi14
So my husband and I were driving for over 16 hours and needed a place to stay to rest up, we found this place through hotels.com and decided to take it because it had pretty decent reviews. We checked in around 1 a.m. and we paid extra for a room with a refrigerator and a microwave because we had food and wanted to heat it up and keep it fresh. When we went into the room it smelled of must and mold and the air conditioner had the debris, rocks, mold and other products in it. The refrigerator and the microwave were not even plugged in and when my husband went to go plug them in the outlet was hanging off the wall. The refrigerator dripped dirty water all over our food. There was a big bundle of electrical wires all hanging out near the air conditioner which did not look safe at all to me. The pillows were half the size of normal ones and were just all lumps and the sheet was halfway off the bed because it didn't fit properly. The complimentary breakfast was a joke everything was ice cold and old. Since I booked through hotels.com I thought I had to call them up and complain so I checked out and then called them and they informed me that I had to call the hotel directly. I called earlier today and have yet to have anybody call me back. I hope somebody does something because this is unfair.
"Lady J"
07/05/15 Judy C
The room was a place to lay me head. The pillows was actually Euro pillows ,I have never in accounted anything so ridiculous, come on now . This cause me to get a crook N my neck. The only positive things is the desk clerk was very helpful and Oh so nice. The bed was not made properly after talking to the Desk clerk she send some one to corrected. But the Own came up to check out was going on, the first thing he stated ,as if I was lying show me was wrong with the bed . I invited him N to see that know sheets was place back on the bed. After seeing this he ask me if I wanted to come downstairs to get the sheets that I needed. I politely told him that's why I was at the hotel to get pamper if I wanted to make a bed I would stay at home. This was an offer place. I would not recommend it for pleasure. Only if you can't find anything else. And u r N this Area but bring ur all pillows and free breezes for the smell.
"Puts the Best in Best Western"
06/25/15 Sheila J Crossville TN, United States
Wonderful ...a real gem! Beautiful room...very clean. Check in and check out was very easy to do. Nicest Best Western we have stayed in. The price was very good. Checked out another motel and it was priced almost twice as much and didnt look half as nice. We were afraid we would have to keep driving ...saw the Best Western sign ..so glad we did!