All hotels in Clayton, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here7730 Bonhomme Ave, Clayton, MO, 63105, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9480

The concierge who checked us in was very friendly and accommodating and even gave us passes for two free drinks at the bar. The room was comfortable although you could tell the comforter and headboard were old, there was visible wear and tear. Overall it was a nice hotel for the price we paid and the people on staff were very friendly.
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
great, food was great in particular.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
"Okay, but could be better."
Breakfast Buffet Only...eggs cold. Flame underneath off of several items. $14.95 cost. Also, 9.95 charge for in-room internet seemed outlandish. Good airport shuttle service. Hotel location is well situated in Clayton to restaurants, etc.
Other trip Sep 9, 2014
Obla
"Noise and bad staff"
Staff did not call me when my lost lugged arrived at hotel even though the front desk staff told me that she would call me. I called twice to front desk from outside to emphasize to call me when liggeges arrives but staff never did until late night even the luggeges arrived. Construction noise very bad in early morning without advance notice. Air condition sounds were so noisy. Hallway so dirty. I will never stay this hotel. So bad. I have one More bad story but no time to write now....
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
frequent travel
Great stay!!!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
Machele
"Great location to downtown"
Beautiful hotel with onsite parking. Rooms was good - a little tight to add a roll away. one of the 3 elevators was not working so waits for the elevators were long.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"great food, friendly staff, elevators are an issue"
My wife and I had dinner and a nights stay at the Sheraton as part of our anniversary celebration. the food was very good. We layer found out their menu was limited because of a recent kitchen fire, but the quality if the food doesn't seem to have suffered at all. All of the staff we encountered were uncommonly friendly, especially at the front desk and in the restaurant. The only drawback was one elevator was broken, and has been for a while I understand. Seems like it shouldn't take a month to fix an elevator in a hotel, but I'm sure they are dealing with a lot due to the kitchen fire as well. This only masks the real problem in my mind: they dint have near enough elevators to start with. There are two guest elevators and one service elevator, foe a hotel of this size it doesn't seem to be enough. I wouldn't let that hold me back from staying there again though, we were able to use the elevator when we wanted to and otherwise took the stairs.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2014
"For the price- not bad"
I would say my only complaint would be the pool water smelled like mildew. Otherwise rooms were fine, clean, nicely decorated. They had a few large groups there so there was some congestion in the morning the around the elevators, since one was broken. Breakfast is not included but there's an IHOP close by, which was good. Parking is tight, it's under the hotel so spaces and corners are tight. Overall good place to stay for visiting the zoo and attractions in that area.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Jamie
"Average hotel"
Was not impressed, could use some updating. Was most annoyed by one of the elevators being down. We were on the 11th floor so, stairs was not an option. We had access to the service elevator but with a few family reunions that weekend and regular staff working, wait time was crazy. That experience and the seeming lack of acknowledgement from management tainted my stay. Also, one evening, the lights were out on one of the levels in the parking garage. It was pitch black and I felt very unsafe. All in all, my expierence was disappointing to say the least.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Toni
Rooms are small. Hotel needs some remodeling.
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Nurse
"Nice but very noisy"
We typically have been staying at this hotel when we have business in St. Louis. I opted for the no service to get SPG points...so let's see where that goes. The doors are thin and don't have acoustical separation so it was extremely noisy....you can hear full conversations and people walking up and down the halls. We'll stay again, but just note its not your place if you are a light sleeper!
2 night business trip Jul 25, 2014
Richey Madison
"Parking"
Charge 14 dollars for parked. Every time we book a Sheraton on sale we put in handicap room. Not a huge deal but would be nice to get a regular room.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Room was nice and clean. Staff was very friendly & helpful. FIX THE ELEVATOR!!! We were on the 15th floor and it took FOREVER for us to get back & forth to our room!!!
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
"Close to Metro and good restaurants."
My friend and I went to the MUNY and felt very safe walking back to the hotel from the Metro at 11:30pm. We ate an excellent dinner at the Pomme Restaurant on Central Avenue. Difficult to choose because many cafes along the street. We were both impressed with the cleanliness of our overall experience.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Ann
"Nice weekend get away with a view"
I enjoyed my stay but it was a little over priced for such a basic room. No fridge, no microwave, no ice machine on the 16th floor. Elevators were very slow and took about 8 minutes to get one.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
chelsea
"GREAT PLACE TO STAY FOR A WEDDING."
nice hotel but when I got there the computers were down and 1 elevator was broken. took long time to get from floor to floor.
2 night trip Jul 11, 2014
terry taylor
Checked in on Thursday and stayed for a wedding for additional 2 nights. Staff, particularly the front desk and bell men, were friendly, helpful as were staff in restaurant and bar. Location in middle of Clayton with easy walking access to restaurants, stores and Metrolink is outstanding. Rooms were clean and though not spacious, were comfortable. Problem with elevators is an issue. While we were there, one elevator was out of service the entire time and even with use of the service elevator wait times from lobby and guest floors was excruciating, often exceeding 10 mins. I'm not sure the issue with elevators is not a regular problem even when both main units are functional. Considering this, value would not justify price at normal room rates for this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
"Avoid this hotel."
They put us in the wrong kind of room, and computer problems prevented them from moving my family into the correct room for about an hour. During the entire stay, our keycards for our room worked only twice. They had an elevator out, so getting from the lobby to my room on the 15th floor was either a 20 minute wait, or 12 flights of stairs. I had to take those stairs a half a dozen times just to deal with the room and keycard problems. The kitchen was partially out of service, so they had a very limited room service menu, and after the hour delay getting us into our room, I was essentially forced to order from it in order to get my (now very cranky) kids into bed at a reasonable hour. They refused to comp any part of the room service for my trouble.
1 night business trip Jul 11, 2014
"Great area but very slow elevators"
The Sheraton is a nice hotel in a nice area of Clayton, but it feels a bit dated. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The biggest issue I have is that they have only 2 elevators for 14+ floors and one of them was down for part of my stay, so there were long lines waiting to get on and off and often folks had to wait for the next one.
1 night business trip Jul 1, 2014
"Elevators bad"
Elevators we're very slow had to take the stairs a lot an was on 8th floor got tired of waiting on them
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Nice hotel but it is showing wear"
The hotel was very nice, clean and the service was great, but the room was showing wear. There were stains on the ottoman, paint peeling in the bathroom and rust on the air registers.
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2014
Andrea
"Nice, convenient, courteous employees"
The Sheraton is conveniently located if you are visiting people in the west or southwest area (basically Clayton-Webster-Kirkwood). The service was very good, the room clean and comfortable. The TV offerings were weak--it would be nice to at least have HBO. The kitchen was not fully functional due to a fire the week before our stay, so there was a limited amount of dining in possible--but the staff assured me that the new kitchen would be even better than the old one had been, so I look forward to visiting again next year. Overall, a pleasant stay.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Gayle
"Cardinal Getaway"
Very nice hotel. Great service. Close to museums & zoo.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2014
Baseballgail
Enjoy the stay, would stay there again.
2 night business trip Jun 13, 2014
It was wonderful I would recommend it to some if my friends and family
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Staff very accommodating. Food excellent!"
Very friendly staff and accommodating. Room was clean but a little small as was bathroom. Stayed on club level, which is worth it if you're available for happy hour and/or want good basic breakfast. The food and service in bar was great and portions large. Room wi-fi is $9.95/day which is pretty standard and way for hotel(s) to make up for lost room phone and pay movie revenue that hotels have lost to cell phone and streaming. Overall clean, friendly staff, unusually good food and safe business district area.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Phil
"Mediocre"
The hotel is nice enough and the room was clean, but a few things I did not appreciate when I stayed at this hotel. Firstly, our room was located right outside of the elevator, and it was loud around the clock. People congregated there and made SO much noise into the wee hours of the night. Also, some alarm kept going off from the elevator. It was so loud that I thought it was a fire alarm the first time I heard it. Secondly, the beds were so uncomfortable. And they don't have fitted sheets - a pet peeve of mine because I end up tossing and turning throughout the night and I wake up on the mattress itself which is (needless to say) disgusting. Also, customer service did not seem to want to go out of their way to help us whenever we had a need, and they dont have any of the great FREE amenities. wifi costs extra, valet parking is expensive, breakfast is overpriced, etc. Overall, it wasn't the worst hotel experience for us, but I won't be staying here again.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Jules
"Wonderful customer service"
I thought it was wonderful. Hotels.com forgot to send over my reservation so I was a little upset. The Sheraton upgraded us to a suite, compensated our parking in the garage and paid for room service! The pool was a lot of fun and clean. The bed was extremely comfortable!
1 night family trip May 31, 2014
Katie
Didn't mind paying for parking but for internet, thats ridiculous!! Room was in need of updating and their queen beds are actually a full size!
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Great hotel in a fun neighborhood. Plenty of food and entertainment options within walking distance.
1 night business trip May 31, 2014
"Absolutely Misleading"
The phrase "you get what you pay for" couldn't be more true. This hotel is OUTDATED and UNCLEAN. The parking garage costs $14 dollars and looks like a thieves playhouse. The "deposit" = $20 and the Wi-Fi is NOT free regardless of what websites imply. My room, corner of the 9th floor, had MULTIPLE dark stains all over the carpet that looked like gum mixed with hair dye and was matted in. The room was Motel 6 tiny. A 10' X 10' estimation would be overly generous. The light fixtures were hung loosely. The bed was extremely firm and springy. Think wrestling mat atop a mattress from a pull-out couch. The headboard, which was leather-like was peeling and flaking enough to visibly see the foam behind it. I pulled back a nightstand and saw dust everywhere. Not talking white glove dust, I'm talking about caked on, thick, and dense dead skin cells, dust mites, and dead hair. Respiratory risk?! Wish I had taken pictures! It had a large window but it had old and exposed drill holes and marks as if it was once something there that permanently covered it. The bathroom was beautifully designed but was roughly the same size as the closet!. You nearly had to stand inside the shower to have clearance enough to close the door. I booked it online and of-course it was non-refundable. Needless to say I only stayed ONE night. Sheraton, there needs to be a level of conformity for ALL of your hotels! People make their decisions based on what they understand to be your standard of quality!
1 night trip May 25, 2014
It was nice to stay in a place that had nice eateries close by that you could walk. Also nice that it wasn't that far from main attractions, yet in a smaller community so that you didn't feel surrounded by a lot of people. Hotel staff very friendly and room was adequate.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for your 4-Star rating of the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. We appreciate you pointing out our great location…for business…for vacation travel…for special events. We look forward to your next visit when we will work to earn that 5th star.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"Good location for zoo trip"
We thought the hotel was clean and comfortable just wished the restaurant inside would have been opened earlier then 5 pm for supper. Breakfast buffet was awesome! The shuttle to and from the zoo was a real bonus for our family of eight because we would have had to take 2 cars and paid for parking for both. Hotel staff was very helpful but I must say that the elevators were very very slow because several times we took the stairs down instead of waiting 20 minutes or longer. But we will stay there again if need be.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the 5-Star rating of the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. Our location is second to none and our shuttle services are very popular with all our guests. I noticed your comment about dining hours. We do provide our full menu in the Alexander’s Lounge area when the restaurant is not open. We have seating suitable for families, couples or other occasions. Thanks again for your kind remarks. We look forward to your next visit.
2 night family trip May 23, 2014
"Overall Nice Hotel"
My bed was not made the entire 4 day stay. My trash was not taken out for 2 days. I walked my towels to my own room. The hotel is in a nice safe area.. Clean.. GREAT STAFF...
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the 4-Star rating of the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. It sounds like you may have participated in our Make A Green Choice program where we limit our impact on the environment by not providing daily housekeeping services. I am sorry if that was not better explained to you upon your arrival. In conjunction with your participation in the program I hope you enjoyed your drink coupons or the SPG points we offer participants. Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to your next visit.
Other trip May 12, 2014
It was a spate of the moment trip and it was worth it. The room was clean, the staff was helpful and nice, and the parking was great. They even have us restaurant advise and directions to the zoo. Looking forward to staying again.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the 5-Star rating of the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. Your kind remarks will encourage the team to work even harder to earn all 5 Stars from every guest experience. Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to your next visit.
Other trip May 11, 2014
JaNae
"Loud neighbors"
This was the second or third time I stayed there and had loud late night neighbors. The hotels is not as tidy as it was 2 years ago when I first stayed there.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for sharing our experience with us. I have asked our evening personnel to be more vigilant in indentifying individuals making too much noise when in guest rooms. Our new housekeeping and maintenance managers have made some great progress on improving the hotel. We look forward to your next visit when you will see the improvements.
Other trip May 6, 2014
RER
"Rooms"
Rooms need some upgrade bath room doors are so ordinary and bed head rest is very old and need to be replaced. Overall good customer service and nice hotel
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the 4-Star rating and the kind remarks you made about the services provided by our Associates. We actually have a project underway to repair the headboards you mentioned. We will work hard to earn that 5th Star when you return to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
2 night business trip Apr 18, 2014
Rajeev
"Dump"
This place is not nearly as nice as most sheratons and the service was poor.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
"Comfy and reasonably priced"
Bed was comfy with nice pillows and linens. Shower was easily controllable with lots of water pressure. Staff was very friendly and the shuttle service was available at a moment's notice. It was also one of the best priced options for a hotel with 2 queen beds. Nuff said!
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent visit to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel. We especially appreciate your focus on the responsiveness and kindness of our Associates. Like many, it was great to hear you enjoyed your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bedding. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Nice Hotel, No Free Parking or Wifi"
Hotel was beautiful and accommodations were great. Parking was, however, an additional 14.00 and wifi was 10.00.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
"Nice hotel !"
Confortable bed and nice view of the city..................................................
Other trip Apr 4, 2014
"staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful"
Well worth the money. Felt very welcome.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
jwalk
We enjoyed it very much. Only complaint, rooms are small, especially bathroom. Didn't care for lying in bed and looking up at cob webs.
1 night trip Mar 29, 2014
"Very nice hotel"
We stayed at this hotel during our trip to the NCAA tournament. Its located within a reasonable distance from downtown. Overall the hotel was very good. It was clean comfortable and what I would expect. Our room was not ready when we tried to check in about 3:45pm, however the had it ready in about 30 minutes. There was a lot of people hanging out in the lobby though, waiting for a room. The one thing I do not like about this hotel is all of their charges to use amenities that are usually included. 15.00 for parking, 9.00 per day per device for internet, 4.00 for a bottle of Fiji water. We did not get charged for these items as we did not use them, so no harm no foul, but Its a little silly. Overall, I would recommend this hotel.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
Josh
"I've seen better Sheratons"
I do business in Clayton, MO so I've stayed here a few times when the rate is just too good. Initial reaction upon walking into lobby is good. Once you've stayed a few times you start to realize it's understaffed, not as clean as it should be, etc. In addition, for some reason every time I visit, the hotel is full of late night revelers who slam doors, yell, run down the halls, etc. All at 3 am. Exercise room better than most at this price range. Pool was murky, but otherwise the pool area itself was clean, stocked with towels, etc. Can't give it more than 3 stars, leaning toward 2 1/2.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for your posting. I was quite disturbed to read about the concerns you listed in association with your recent stay at our hotel. There is simply no excuse for the many and varied failures on our part. It appears that you did catch us at our worst and for that I deeply apologize. We have taken your comments quite seriously and are taking necessary steps to avoid such concerns in the future. We hope you will provide us another opportunity to serve you. Sincerely, Ron Juneman
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
Sean
"Gold member does not recommend"
I attempted to check in at 4:25pm. My room wasn't ready, the desk clerk did not know when it would be ready, and she stated there were a bunch of people in front of me. They took my money, but I stayed at another hotel. The end
1 night trip Mar 22, 2014
"Very convenient to Clayton business district"
The hotel really worked for me because it was close to my business meeting and I could walk to the office. There were numerous restaurants nearby, but I ended up having dinner at the restaurant right off the hotel lobby, while watching the NCAA tournament, and that was fine. My room was very comfortable, and the staff all seemed helpful. The only hitch in the trip was the shuttle to the airport did not materialize, but the hotel solved this by comping my cab. I was very happy with my stay and would stay here again.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the five star rating and for recognizing the team’s effort to immediately address your concerns when the shuttle vehicle did not arrive. Sincerely, Ron Juneman General Manager
1 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
JD
Very close to downtown St. Louis, only about a 15 minutes drive. Great price for the night. Very clean room and overall appearance of the hotel was nice. The staff was also very friendly and accommodating.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the four star rating. We especially appreciate you recognizing the friendliness of our Associates. We believe their efforts is what separates us from our competitors in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Ron Juneman General Manager
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"The stay was very nice, parking was a inconvenient"
The hotel was clean and nice. The parking lot was an inconvenience to use because when leaving it makes you exit the garage.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the four star rating. We made note about your garage comment. We are looking at alternatives to address that concern. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Ron Juneman General Manager
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"In a safe and non conjested area in Clayton"
The Hotel experience overall was alright, my girlfriend actually liked it which was why i booked it in the first place. THE BAD My only complain was that i was double charged on my card by the Hotel even though i had already paid through Hotels.com. I was later refunded the double booking charge, so just be aware of that and check your bank account. THE GOOD Rooms were clean and the Break Fast in the morning was splendid, so defiantly try and get the breakfast package deal when you book, definitely worth it!.
Response by Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel
Thank you for the kind remarks you gave your experience with us. We made note of your concern about the billing error. I apologize for that unusual event. We will work to earn a perfect 5-star rating for when you visit us again. Thank you for staying with us. We truly look forward to your next visit. Ron Juneman
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014