All hotels in Shakopee, Minnesota, United States of America
511 S Marschall Rd, Shakopee, MN, 55379, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

We loved the free arcade games and the free massage chairs
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"casino getaway"
overal great hotel to stay for a low price. was only about 5 mins away from mystic lake casino, dog friendly hotel. great bed, free arcade games. only concern was our thermostat didnt work in our room and sounded as if it wasnt just ours. so got very hot in our room, thankfully the windows were openable.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
"Pleasant surprise! Very impressed!"
I always get a bit nervous when booking a hotel with lower rates, but this time money was tight and I needed a good price, so I booked here. Right from the beginning when I checked in I was impressed. The front desk staff was very friendly and informative and when I got to my room it was sparkling clean. One of the first things I noticed was the soap/shampoo/conditioner dispensers installed in the bathroom. I'm not sure how common these things actually are but the purpose of them is to reduce waste caused by those little travel-sized containers, and I am all about that! Next I noticed a couple other things in the bathroom: packets of toothpaste and little packages of ear plugs! How thoughtful! My bed was comfortable, the continental breakfast was wonderful (loved the herbed biscuits with my gravy, yum!), I took a spin on one of the free massage chairs (these have leg and feet massage parts, too!) and that was great. Other things they have that I didn't check out are a swimming pool and hot tub (I peeked in, looked clean and well-kept) and free arcade games.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
"Mini family break."
Relaxing!
3 night family trip Nov 2, 2014
Darren
"Great Value should be a higher start rating"
Needed to stay an extra day in the area. Wish I stayed there the whole time. The Hotel was exceptionally well kept, from the staff to the owners I felt welcomed the moment I walked in the door. Really think this is more of a 3.5 to 4 star hotel. Bedding was comfortably and upscale, rooms were exceptionally clean, breakfast was satisfying. A nice touch was I left my toothpaste at the other hotel and we all know this is not the norm but there was 2 small packets of Colgate toothpaste in the bath room for the night and morning, how often do you see that?
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"location"
It was wonderful
3 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2014
"The hotel is very old."
The staff was very friendly but does not make up for the appearance. We will not return.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
Danielle
"OK"
Room was clean , only 2 problems; location of elevator was all the way on the west side and my reoomon the east side. worse part were the side doors were not key activated and were for exit only. Also, heater/AC was very noisy.
3 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Five Star Motel in the Three Star Class"
Our stay was great, this facility should be held up as an example of how mid-class motels should be operated. The room, the rate, the staff and especially the amenities were all top notch. Stay here you'll be glad you did.
2 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Ernie P.
"Great Staff"
The Young Lady at the front desk we had upon check-in was a gem. Pleasant, efficient and hard-working. Great first impression. LOVED the massage chairs. Such a treat. Why don't ALL hotels have them ???
Other trip Sep 7, 2014
Elle
"Green"
I was impressed with the conservation of the overall facility. Salt water pool fantastic. Can swim with eyes open. No chlorine smell. Hallway lights going on/off at appropriate times. Really enjoyed the free massage chairs.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Mark T
"Amazing service"
The hotel had the best customer service I've ever seen! It's not the newest most upscale hotel but not old either. Free massage chairs for the adult (which were wonderful), a small arcade for the kids (young and old) and the pool was actually warm instead of freezing like other hotels. The manager was very active in greeting and making sure customers were happy as were the other staff. Our room was humid; I believe a window was left unlocked. I thought it would get better in the night but it didn't. I brought it to the managers attention in the morning and he was prompt to check into it. Would definitely stay again!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"just like home"
super when i checked in the frontdesk was helpfull in finding my reservation. nice to see a manager,owner, that helps with their workers families. it means so much to everyone.
1 night trip Jul 6, 2014
"absolutely wonderful. best mini vacation EVER"
This was a great experience. The hotel was beautiful and focused not only on the environment but the family as well. Free arcade games THE BEST massage chairs and the beds were perfect. The staff topped the scales. They wrre awesome. Great job!!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
carol campbell
"Has potential"
Had options, but decided to book a double queen in advance which and was nonrefundable. Checked in at 3:30. The room we were given was not clean. No bedding, garbage everywhere, and the room smelled like a dirty frat house. Went back to front desk and was given a new room down the hall (king bed and hideaway). Decided to just let it go and relax after driving a 5 hour road trip. Pool area was clean, the pool itself was warm but very...salty, I guess. Hot tub however, has seen better days. Arade games were old and didn't function well. Continental breakfast was stayl (the biscuits, doughnuts and mini rolls). Loved the massage chairs though. And the staff was extremely courteous. Would recommend if a few of the amenities were updated.
"Nice hotel, great staff"
The hotel itself was is good shape and was clean. We could tell that our room had formerly been a smoking room as it still had that residual smell, but it was clean. We had issues with our air conditioning unit, but the hotel staff was very quick to fix the unit. Our family was also staying, but in a separate room. They had a leaky toilet and the staff replaced the entire toilet within a few hours of the complaint! I was impressed. We enjoyed the salt water pool and my husband got a lot of use out of the complimentary massage chairs. Definitely an enjoyable and comfortable stay.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
Shelli
"From PR to MN"
My wife and I together with our grandson, stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Came here for business and pleasure. Everything was simple but good enough for make us all feel good and comfortable.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
JOC
Hotel is a little old needs some fixing up but still comfortable to stay in. Breakfast area needs too be updated and to be kept cleaner then it was.
1 night trip Jul 9, 2014
The hotel was great it was just located farther then we were told by hotel.com
1 night trip Jul 5, 2014
Jodi
"Great pool"
I rated the comfort as average because the beds were too bouncy - not firm - and my wife couldn't sleep most of the night because the pillows were too firm. We are used to feather pillows. The saltwater pool is awesome, clean and feels so relaxing.
1 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2014
"Outstanding!"
Clean, large room, exceptionally friendly staff, fine breakfast. Great value!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Well treated."
Good hotel, nice employees very helpful with a request from my husband,ok breakfast.
1 night trip May 14, 2014
Monique Robert
"Our second time there."
Location is great for us. Had our dog and was on the ground level for our convenience .
Other trip May 18, 2014
"great older hotel!"
This is a hotel like they were when I was a kid! Free video games and AMAZING massage chairs! If the hotel where a new one it would have been 3 times the price.
1 night trip May 11, 2014
"great owners very social and helpful"
My stay was great except one thing there was no heat in my room and there's no where to change the air to heat which was not issue considering there was plenty of blankets and I was only staying one night and it wasn't to cold outside.If you like old school arcade games theirs plenty and the have these great massage chairs that massage from your feet to your head and its free and breakfast will definitely fill u up.
1 night business trip May 9, 2014
Joshua Kropf
"nice hotel good service"
This hotel is really nice and low price. It had everything I need including tooth-path, body lotion and etc.
3 night trip May 3, 2014
bochao
"Not a big fan of this location."
After checking in we drove around towards the back of a rather large building, and standing in front of the door in the rain we found that our key cards did not work. After going all the way back to the lobby we were told that it would take 15 minutes to rekey the cards. After finally getting into our room we found there were no luggage stands. We inquired about possibly getting a couple of stands (an obvious common hotel component), but sadly we were informed there was no such amenity available at this hotel. So, we used the floor which is quite uncomfortable after having back surgery. The staff were not very helpful and really didn't seem to care. We are frequent guests at Best Westerns; however, I would not recommend the Best Western "Plus" in Shakopee, MN.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
C. Sorby
"Stay was peaceful."
Breakfast was great. Manager as well as staff were extremely hospitable! My son's eyes were not red nor did they bother him after swimming in salt water pool. Thank you!
Other trip Apr 29, 2014
Janice
"Great hotel for the price!"
If going green is important to you this is a great hotel for you! I loved these additions to the room. The rooms were dated but comfortable. Overall the room was clean especially the bathroom, which is wonderful! Awesome additions including fresh baked cookies every evening and a hot breakfast in the morning : )
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Liza
"You get what you pay for."
We really enjoyed our stay here. Neither the hotel nor the rooms were fancy but it was a comfortable atmosphere. The kids loved the free arcade games an while the pool was pretty standard it was clean and there were plenty of pool towels. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to the cities who plan on spending most of the day out and about and having a nice place to go back and have some downtime before bed.
1 night family trip Apr 11, 2014
Monica
Looks ok from outside but needs a lot inside - not the best western I'm used to more like a old local hotel with a best western sign do yourself a favor go to the country inn suites a mile away you will thank me
1 night business trip Apr 6, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
This motel had everything. Great breakfast, very nice pool and hot tub, and they had just purchased two whole body massaging chairs. Very nice and relaxing. Free arcade games were a great surprise. The staff was so nice and helpful. I think that they would have done whatever it took to make something right. All in all a very nice place to stay.
2 night trip Apr 4, 2014
Liz
"Sticky carpet, reeked like smoke, long wait time"
The girl at the front desk (the only one working) was on the phone when I came in. Another customer called while she was talking and she put them on hold, but then proceeded to talk for a very long time as well as help the other customer that was on hold before checking me in. In the mean time, 3 other customers came in and were waiting behind me before she got off the phone 10 minutes later. The hotel itself was gross and creepy, I held onto my mase while walking to my room. It was like rotting building with a few improvements to try and cover it up.. I walked into my room and it smelled like cigarette smoke and was really musky but the room was non-smoking. The carpets and floors had a sticky layer on top so I had to wash my feet and wear my shoes around. Surrounding buildings were run-down as well. Overall, I would only stay here again if I was desperate.
1 night trip Apr 7, 2014
"Good Stay"
Overall, it was a good stay. I felt everything was satisfactory.
1 night trip Mar 17, 2014
The hotel room was good and very clean and updated. Although the pool and the pool area was very disappointing, i wouldn't even let my kids in the pool. We had to book our stay at another location.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Katie
"Great place"
Clean and nice and friendly staff. Great breakfast
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Mohammad
Comfortable
1 night trip Jan 18, 2014
"staff is so helpful"
We traveled to Shakopee for a funeral. The staff was very helpful.
2 night trip Nov 25, 2013
Hotel was very nice for what i was in town for. The breakfast was only ok..have had better. Room was comfortable for the money.
2 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Very nice people there. Great service."
Loved it there. I will be back again.
Other trip Nov 24, 2013
"Just passing through"
This was just an overnight stop, but I was impressed with both the cleanliness and professionalism I encountered. I will definitely stop here again if I'm in the Minneapolis area.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2013
"Good for families"
Super friendly and accommodating. Nice range of amenities, my five year old loved free arcade games. The tread mill needs fixing, without it only three machines to use for everyone. Subpar food for a Best Western; the usual good range, but poor quality and prep (e.g. tater tot hockey pucks).
1 night family trip Nov 8, 2013
"No complaints, great experience"
Everything was great. Wonderful customer service, clean rooms, nice breakfast.
1 night trip Nov 8, 2013
"Economic good choice!!"
For the money this was a nice hotel. Not to far from mall of America and has very helpful staff!! We would stay here again!!
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
Brett
"Worn down."
Typical worned down motel. Sheets were old and scratchy. The toilet ran all night. No updates this century were noted.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
A nice clean hotel a little dated. Staff was very helpful and wanting to please, enjpoyed our stay.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
Nelson
Hotel is dog friendly which means we were next to a room w/ a barking dog which is annoying. And the bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke so even though we had a non-smoking room, we must've been next to one that allowed smoking and it vented right into our bathroom. Pillows were horrible too.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Pdavis
"Worth the deal"
It was great! The room was clean and comfortable. They had a free arcade, but they did have a leak in the ceiling by the breakfast area. Also, they don't send towels to your room: you have to either go down to the front desk or try to catch a maid. Those were the only downsides, but overall it was nice.
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2013
"Great staff"
Great experience staying here. Clean rooms, friendly staff, great breakfast, warm cookies at night and a good location.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013
B
"Attention to Detail"
Clean, comfortable, friendly and very affordable. This hotel supplies more amenities than the one we stayed at last week in downtown Seattle for 1/4 the price. They have thought of everything. Fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coffee pot, toiletries, and even ear plugs. The owner was present to greet us for an above average breakfast and was there to ask us about our stay as we checked out. Older hotel, but everything else made up for it. We would definitely stay again when we make a quick trip into the city. This time was for an evening at the Chanhassen Dinner Theater. Would definitely recommend.
Other trip Oct 26, 2013