All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
701 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Great Location, Nice Hotel, Good Value"
Good hotel for business travel, updated rooms, good service.
4 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Gerald
"Worth a Stay!"
Very modern for an old hotel (although there are a few things that are outdated). It's right in the middle of Michigan Avenue, so we were in walking distance to much of the "tourist" spots in Chicago. The room was small, but clean and cozy. Service was friendly and great
3 night romance trip Aug 17, 2015
Nicholas
Enjoyed the hotel very much. Only small issue was narrowness of elevators.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
It was excellent....service was great..beautiful night view over looking downtown chi town..we'll go back!!!
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
"Service without a smile, but nice hotel"
Service was not great, but available with a wait. I'd appreciate I would appreciate a little more friendliness. They have a deal with not getting your room cleaned everyday that gives you money towards food at their restaurants- I really appreciated it. Location is great. At the end, their doorman was very helpful...
4 night business trip Aug 13, 2015
Loved the hotel, all the sites were near and the staff was great
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
Edwin
"NOT WORTH THE MONEY"
The location was great but the room was very small. No WIFI in the room and no coffee maker in the room. Coffee was available in the lobby but the elevators were so slow it took forever to go back and forth. We would never stay there again. The bathroom was awkward and had no place to put anything. No shelf in the shower either so shampoo,soap just laid on the shower floor.
4 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
"Bad Service"
The hotel never gave me my requested "wake up call", which caused me to be tardy to a job interview. I softly mentioned this to the front desk. She never apologized. I thought this was strange but perhaps an anomaly. However when I mentioned it to two more staff members they showed no remorse on behalf of the hotel. Something is wrong with the culture and service at the hotel. Also the rooms are small and if you want a small bottle of water be prepared to spend $5.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2015
Cortland
"Would stay again, but be specific about room"
tge room was very clean, the beds & linens were fabulous. The location was great to walk to activities on Michigan Ave;however, the noise made the stay less pleasurable. Our room was near a boiler or air conditioner that was very loud. When the light in the bathroom was turned on a VERY loud fan came on too. It was very annoying. Our trip was to let my 13 year old granddaughter have a Chicago experience in a nice hotel downtown, our view was a brick wall. That was very disappointing.
3 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
We had an awesome stay, we got there at 10:30 and they let us check in early!!! The room was great, the bathroom was a little small but other than that, it was great. Within walking distance to so many shops, restaurants and landmarks. 15 min cab ride to Wrigley Field.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Desiree
"good"
this is very nice hotel very comfortable & convenient hotel, & will stay there in next time visiting
1 night romance trip Aug 11, 2015
rongli
small room. Shower was backing up from water pressure. Room smelled like smoke when we walked in, previous guests were probably smoking. Okay for me the price, I believe we paid $150 per night. Would not stay here again, would try a different hotel. Close to a lot of attractions, water tower and right on the mag mile.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Rolando
"Great price perfect hotel. Excellent service"
Great location. Perfect Hotel.
1 night trip with friends Aug 7, 2015
"Great location but small and dated rooms"
The hotel is located at a great location on N. Michigan Ave and Huron.The two double-bed room we got was quite small with all the windows facing the brick wall. Everything in this hotel was tiny, including hotel rooms, the lobby and even the registration desk. We at first did not find where to check in. To save space, the ground floor was only for you to check in your luggage. And there was a long line of customers waiting to check in on the second floor.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
The age of the hotel is no excuse for mediocre internet service and lack of basic amenities.
5 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
Azriel
"Great location, with a major room flaw."
Excellent location, and very professional staff. The downfall of the room were the blood spots on the pillow case.
3 night business trip Aug 4, 2015
J M
Great hotel and staff!
1 night romance trip Aug 7, 2015
Alfonso
"it's ok."
it's a little bit old hotel - you can see from room. tiny room. good environment though.
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
I was traveling to Chicago for business, and needed to secure a hotel on 24-hours notice. The Warwick was wonderful; a cozy and comfortable stay within two blocks of my meetings. If I were to stay in Chicago again, they would be my first choice for a downtown hotel.
2 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Best deal in best location"
Staff very helpful; great bartender. Super comfy bed. Walking and bus to everywhere very easy. The "Tip Top Tap" sign made it easy to find. Iconic! I'll be back!
4 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
"Daddy / Daughter trip American Girl Doll trip"
It was a great hotel. I'm daughter and I have never been to Chicago. The hotel staff was nice and very helpful❗️ At was in a good location. Everything was in walking distance. I would stay there again. We will be going back she said ❗️
6 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Great location, could walk to everything. Hotel is cute and older. Could use some revamping in the rooms
1 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
The best thing about the Allerton is the location if you are in Chicago to shop and sight see. You can walk everywhere. The hotel is old, so the rooms are smaller and a bit worn. But the beds are comfortable, bathrooms functional, and my AC was great.
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
"Great Weekend Getaway"
We absolutely loved our stay for the weekend in Chicago. It was a weekend getaway and the Warwick could not have been in a better location. We walked everywhere we went with ease. We also started our nights at the hotel bar which was for guest only. The hotel was private, clean, and everything we wanted. Complimentary coffee in the morning was great too!
3 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
Brandon
"50/50"
Great location! No free wifi in the rooms. Green program is confusing and not well advertised. I changed my reservation but lady on the phone didn't give any confirmation and when I arrived staff at the reception desk had no idea about it since there was no confirmation. So he couldn't honor it. But he have a rollaway bed for no charge. There was no room housekeeping on the second day. We thought we get credit and can use via green program. Staff at the reception said we can do it. Manager of housekeeping happened to be by our room said there was no credit made for that day. So no room housekeeping and no credit.
3 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Natalia
Stay was comfortable. Odd that you had to check in on the second floor. Room was a good size, however, although the bath was large, there was very limited space to put toiletries, which made it difficult to prepare for the day.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Very disappointed!!!!"
Dear Sirs.- This was the worst hotel I have been, since the moment I got the front desk I ask: "Do I have I nice view?" And the fd guy told me: " We don't have a nice view for you Sr." since that moment I expected the worst. They gave me the room 410, it is a handicap room, the bathroom is like a public restroom, every wall with the metal handlers and very small, the zinc was with all the pipes underneath and the shower floor was exactly like an hospital, including the plastic chair into the shower. I don't know what would happen if a person that really needs all that stuff arrived later than me!!! When I opened the curtains I remembered the words on the front desk:"we do not have a nice view for you Sr." that was for real!!!!! I had the Big A/C, the water heaters and all the floor dirty outside of my window. I have the picture but I can't do copy-paste here to add it!!! I am very upset because in your Web page you show a very different room than what your costumers get when arriving there. If you tell me that I get a good deal but a cheapy room, it is my choice to get it or not, but you sell me one in the Internet and I get a VERY DIFFERENT one in real life. When I call the front desk to complaint they told me that I had to argue that with you not with them, that they couldn't help me. So that's my history with you and the wallerton hotel. I am very disappointed. Sincerely Enrique Medina
4 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
Enrique
"Great spot"
Great location, nicely updated, spacious suite.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
"grend-mam's 99-yaers old B-day"
The bathroom had dust in the shower stall. For the neighborhood is there a perfect 10++++++++?????
3 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
simona
"The stay was okay"
The hallway in the hotel was very hot, the ice maker on the floor was out of service, the light in the bathroom was out. Overall the stay was okay.
1 night business trip Jul 26, 2015
Johanna
"Older hotel, but very clean and excellent service."
The hotel room was small and old. The rooms were very clean and the service was excellent. The room we were in had some street noise.
3 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Vicente
"good hotel"
hotel was nice, service not
3 night romance trip Jul 26, 2015
ariel
"We'll be back"
We had the standard king room. It was spacious and clean. The bathroom was on the smaller side but for the rate we paid well worth the stay. The location was perfect. In the middle of magnificent mile so either way you walked you were at the best places.
3 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2015
Digiovanni
"Decent Value"
The hotel was a decent value in a great location. Only drawback was the slight hint of mildew smell in the room.
1 night business trip Jul 27, 2015
"Great hotel, great location, pricey parking"
The Warwick Allerton is a great hotel in a perfect location. It is older, so the rooms are a little small and the elevators a bit slow, but the condition of the hotel was clean and modernized. The staff was terrific as well. The only negative wasn't to do with the hotel but with the cost of parking. My 3 night stay cost me $200 in parking. It is right on the Mile, so maybe that was to be expected - but I wasn't expecting quite that much.
3 night trip with friends Jul 22, 2015
"High End Dorm"
I'm aware this an old hotel. Not much can be done about the overall layout. However, be warned that the rooms are SMALL. Walking around the queen bed requires one person to back up into a corner or stand on the bed in order for another to pass. Storage is limited to a single tiny two drawer end table and a 2ft square closet, which means your luggage/clothes will take up what little floor space you have. Shower is tiny too. You cannot pass in the hallways if the maids are cleaning unless you push their cart to the nearest hall. Gym isn't like it's pictured. You will hit the ceiling if you do jumping jacks, honestly! Bed was comfy, location was good. Too many other places with same price point and great locations.
4 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
"Slickfester Dude"
Room was very small but I'm from the mid west My bath room is bigger then the hole room. But I also only paid thirty five thousand dollars for a 120 acres in 1984. I can stand naked on my back or front porch for ten hours and no one see me
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
maynard
"Thumbs up! Would stay again!"
The staff was extremely professional, polite, and very accommodating! The room was a funky and uncomfortable layout, but its Chicago, and I didn't plan on a lot of time in the room.
2 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
paula
It was an affordable small room in the middle of Magnificent Mile. Wi-fi is an extra charge and there was a room charge that should have been taken off the bill but wasn't until we spoke to them at check out. Not a great experience but not s horrible one either.
3 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Giuseppe
"Ask more questions before accepting."
Room service had to be called everyday for another wash cloth. They didn't provide any the first day, the second and third day they only provided one, and on the fourth day I caught the maid and explained the situation which seemed to fix it for the last day. The room was extremely small for $150. a night. The ice bucket wasn't more than four cups big and they didn't provide any sleeve for the bucket either. I won't be staying there again.
4 night romance trip Jul 20, 2015
Tracey
"Not Happy Customer!"
Very disappointed in this hotel. For such a fine, upscale place the amenities weren't! The in room refrigerator was a joke, and not for the customer's use.It was fully loaded with the hotels stuff, which cost extra if used. Don't dare move anything or your will get charge, as we were told it was "weight" sensitive. We moved to make room for one bottle of water, and was charged 3 extra charges. They took them off the bill, but told us we could have been charged a $25 cleaning fee???? Also, no free wi-fi in the room. Seriously?? When we complained, we were given "complimentary" wi-fi. Should not have had to complain for this. The breakfast/lunch area was ridiculously expensive. $22 for breakfast buffet?? Per person! Will not be staying at this hotel again
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
vera
"Family trip"
The trip was wonderful! The hotel staff was excellent and helpful. The only down side was the rooms are very small, and the elevators are very slow. All and all is was great.
3 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
The people and service were very thorough. The employees are what make your stay enjoyable and we experienced many nice people. It is an older hotel so rooms are smaller, but it is very clean and well preserved with beautiful character.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Jerry
"Room is ridiculously small. R U kidding?!!"
I have more room in my backpacking tent. The elevators are small. The room is tiny. The bed is like a doll house bed. Everything is crammed in, like living in a sub-compact RV,.one of those camper shells that fits on a Toyota 4cyl pickup truck. Not even a coffee maker in the room. The bathroom door had no working lock. I had to keep tripping over my suitcase to get into the bathroom. --I admit I've never stayed in downtown Chicago, maybe this is "how it's done" there?
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Norman
"Second time, last time."
Good location. Wanted to give this another try, but still was lacking. As thin as the walls are you might as well just sleep outdoors. If there are two people using the bathroom, one needs to be in the shower otherwise, forget it. I'll pay a little more to have the convenience and comfort of a larger room and a little more quiet at night.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
"Nice hotel but awful customer service and staff."
Unfortunately as I was checking in a very upset guest was complaining to one of the front desk agents about not getting towels after asking 3 times and waiting 5 hours. Once the other guest had left that agent turned to the other agent and started complaining about the guest while I was standing there, then she answered a phone call rather then help me. The second agent was on the phone this whole time, so I waited about 10 minutes for them to finish up phone calls and gossip prior to even acknowledging me. Finally during check in, as the agent was getting me my room key, another employee began fighting with a drunk male. So he literally threw my room key and credit card at me and ran to help. There was never a simple apology or anything from any of the staff for this horrible first impression. So basically I found the staff very rude and unprofessional. Based on that alone I would never stay here again or recommend it. The room was clean and nice but incredibly small. I was staying by myself so it was ok for me for one night, but there was barely room to walk around the bed. The bathroom was smaller than the closet in the room. There is no way two people could stay comfortably in that room. The hotel is located near the magnificent mile and the river walk so its a great area. Overall, could be a nice hotel if the staff wasn't so bad.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Jeannie
"small"
The room and bathroom were very clean but very small
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Staff was not friendly.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Find somewhere else to stay"
Smallest room I have ever stayed in and smelled like an old sock.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Kimberly
"Spontaneous night in Chicago in a great hotel"
This was a lest minute stay with a couple friends, the hotel room a little on the smaller side, but that is to be expected of an older, historic hotel like the Warwick. Great beds, AC rocked, bathroom was marble and gorgeous, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I dont think ive ever checked into a hotel that quickly, and I travel frequently for work. 5 stars!
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015