All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
701 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"Comfy in Chicago"
Relaxing, staff was great, needs met, room was luxurious, can't wait to go back
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Stay again"
In the heart of all the action in downtown Chicago. Michigan Avenue is steps away. The staff was courteous and friendly. We booked a standard room, but were upgraded for free to a two room suite. This is an older hotel with enough upgrades and renovations to compete with the other hotels in the area. I would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
the hotel was wonderful except the elevators were slow and not enough of them
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Roxanne
"Love the Make Over!"
I love the redo of the old Allerton. I stayed there 30 years ago and it was pretty tired back then. I LOVE what they have done to update it to today's standards but kept the integrity of the old building. GREAT JOB! We will stay there again whenever we need to be in Chicago!
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Room was comfortable. King size bed was very comfortable. However bathroom was very small (though adequate). There were NO drawers for unpacking clothes and only about 8 hangers in the closet. Room did not get made up one day and person at the front desk was not very responsive to our request that the room get made up. Bellhops were very friendly and helpful and the location was great. Overall I would give the hotel a positive review but with so many in the area to choose from I would try another accommodation next time
4 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
Deborah
"Five stars for me!! Love it!"
Location was perfect! Was upgraded to a beautiful suite, felt like a princess. I love their standard rooms too. Great hotel! Great service! Always a first choice for me!
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015
"Chi Blues Festival."
I was there for the Chicago Blues Festival. The hotel overall is excellent. Location is superior for Mag Mile.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2015
luis
"Small room one queen bed"
My room was very small and my girlfriend and I had one queen size bed and could barely move around. There were kids running through the hallway at night. I will not stay at your hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
Nikki
"Excellent Location"
Excellent location. Room and service was good. Read a number of reviews before booking and there were as many negative as positive. Decided to book on location. We found the hotel to be charming and well run, staff was helpful and friendly. The price was comparable with similar hotels.
4 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
"A Surprise for the price!"
It started with Michelle at the desk. Pleasant, helpful, informative and funny! The hotel was very busy, SOLD OUT and many wedding guests were checking in. We never felt rushed or hurried through the process at all. Though the rooms were small (classic old charm hotel)...she guided us to the greater of the spaces and helped with choosing a good room. Freddie at the Bell hop/Valet was fantastic! On the spot, attentive and kind! All the staff on Sat and Sunday were smiling and kind! I would definately return and location is THE' Best!!
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Needs customer service training"
The front desk staff was rude incompetent and in desperate need of customer service training. They messed up my reservation and it took my entire stay to get it squared away without so much as "We apologize for the inconvenience." from management.
3 night business trip Jun 8, 2015
Mary Ann
"Good place to stay"
Great location. Small rooms but clean and comfortable.
3 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Caitlin
"Great location, good value"
Good price, great area, nice staff
1 night trip Jun 10, 2015
tom
"Fabulous"
Staff went above and beyond to make our evening awesome. We were treated with great respect!
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Maria
"Good hotel experience"
The hotel locates at the center of Chicago, very convient for shopping or dinning. The room is small but very clean, fitness room locates on the top of the hotel needs to take the elevator and walk stairs. The day we arrived around 2 AM, the staff at front desk almost fall asleep.
3 night trip with friends May 20, 2015
Yan
"Long weekend in Chicago"
Best thing about this property is location! It is so convenient to get to anything, return items to your room, etc. Love the location. Front desk staff very friendly! The hotel itself is ok ~ nothing incredible and nothing horrible. Yes rooms are small but its not like you go to Chicago to hang out in the room. Biggest complaint is lack of space for items in bathroom.
3 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Good Stay, Reservation Headache"
The stay was good (3 stars). The hotel itself was clean, centrally located on the Magnificent Mile,and we received an upgrade from a standard room to an executive suite. The breakfast at the hotel is small in portions but expensive. The staff was helpful with directions as well as suggestions for restaurants. That said, there was a stressful event that happened to our reservation on the fourth day. We extended our stay for an extra day. We were told by three staff members that the extension at the previous rate was okay. However, when I went to get the new keys I was told no reservation extension was in the system. They offered the room at double the rate. Mind you, the extension had been entered at the old rate into the system. I was at the front desk. What happened after informing me that the rate was not in the system and that I would have to pay double the rate, I discussed with the staff the problem. One employee was particularly rude. This happening made the last day less enjoyable. Eventually the head of guest services came and approved the previous rate. He was quite nice and he defused the situation. He offered suggestions for what to do on the last day and that was very appreciated. However, this error regarding the final day's reservation, plus some minor issues is why I am giving the hotel 3 stars instead of the 4 stars I had planned.
3 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
"Director, Food and Nutrtion Services, BCPS"
Staff was very knowlegable with all questiosn regarding the area.
2 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Raymond
"A Great Stay"
My stay was perfect. I came in for a family medical issue and the hotel's service, location and staff was wonderful for me.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"The best birthday gift ever. Service was excellent"
The room was emaculate. Service was beyond excellence. This was a great place to stay and I will definitely return.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
"Great Service"
It was great, the only draw back was my room was small. But the service was GREAT I told them I was there for a staycation and that my fiancé' birthday was that day and they sent complimentary champagne, a card and chocolate covered strawberries. We also had breakfast there and it was amazing, three words, thick cut bacon.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Soweto
"Good location but overpriced"
Hotel is very old, and the service wasn't great. Overpriced for what you receive, rooms are small and poorly decorated. Wifi should be complementary in this day and age.
4 night trip Jun 3, 2015
"Not worth it"
I go to check in and the only clerk there, who sees me walking up, walks away and leaves me standing there for 5 min. The room is claustrophobic and my view was of the hvac mechanicals.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Classic hotel in the heart of the City"
A very clean, classic hotel in the heart of the city. Good service, nice amenities. Room comfortable, but not spacious. Free wifi in lobby but not in room.
2 night business trip Jun 2, 2015
"Convenient location. Bad showers."
In town for a 3 day getaway. The hotel is in a great location. Everyone was very friendly. However, the water pressure in the shower is extremely low. I called and complained and they sent a maintenance worker right away. He thought it was very low as well and said he would try to fix it. When we came back to the room, the pressure was up only slightly. I complained to the front desk and only received a free breakfast. If you have a wife who needs to wash her hair, this hotel will not work for you.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Gregory
"Overnight trip"
Great beds and pillows
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
"Business traveler yes, families no."
The location is central to all the tourist attractions in down town Chicago. The service was excellent and decor quaint. This is a great hotel for business traveler but not for families. The rooms are small which made getting ready in the morning and at night a chore. The breakfast buffet was good but overpriced for the limited options available and no kid friendly choices.
2 night family trip May 27, 2015
lisa
"Nice, classic downtown hotel"
Arrived at 10:30 am, not thinking my room would be available. Not only was it available, they had given me a complimentary upgrade to an executive suite. Great view of city. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the accommodations were given the age of the hotel. Couldn't ask for a better location if you want to be right in the heart of all that's happening in downtown Chicago. The only downside for a business traveler (or at least this geeky business traveler) is that the hotel was built long before we needed (wanted) electrical outlets by the bed for the phone and iPad. So, it wasn't as convenient in that respect as some of the newer hotels. But, minor issue and not something that would prevent me from staying here again.
1 night business trip May 28, 2015
Free coffee is on the 2nd floor in the morning, and wi-fi will be charged.
3 night family trip May 25, 2015
"Not worth the price"
We recently stayed at the Warwick Allerton Hotel for 3 nights. I had a difficult time finding a room anywhere, and while the Warwick was available I was shocked at the 650.00 a night price tag. But, I figured it would be a nice splurge to stay at a fancy hotel! The pictures looked amazing. The location is great. However, the hotel is very very dated. I am not sure who took these pictures but what an amazing photographer! Our room, on the 21st floor, was ample size. But, the wall paper was peeling in the bathroom. The toilet and bathroom fixtures need replacing. Wall outlets coming out of the wall, etc. Based on the pictures I was expecting somewhat of a "boutique" hotel. But, a pleather paddded headboard does not make it boutique! Also, the hotel boasts on the outside in red neon TIP TOP TAP. This bar has been closed for 20 something years. Yes, they do have a bar on the 2nd floor but it is only open from 4:30 pm to 12 am, even on a Saturday. There are NO coffee pots in the rooms and does not have a coffee shop in the hotel. (The hotel does offer complimentary coffee every morning in the lobby -- but if I have to get showered/dressed to go down and get coffee, I might as well head out for the day!). I was also appalled that this hotel expects you to pay 15 bucks a day for DECENT wifi especially when paying 650 bucks a night. I honestly felt stupid having paid so much for this hotel. I have stayed at nicer Hampton Inns.
3 night romance trip May 28, 2015
Melanie
"The hotel charged me TWICE for the stay!"
I had no problem with the room but even though I paid for the room through hotels.com after I checked out the hotel charged my credit card again! It's been a week and I'm still trying to deal with that. You leave messages and no one calls you back from hotel. Warning: make sure the hotel has not charged your credit card BEFORE you leave the hotel!
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
Terrence
"Below average in a great location"
Old hotel, the tiny elevators are a really problem (everyone waits, waits, waits,....). Room door didn't shut properly, light creeping in from the hallway, poor sound insulation. Service is so-so. Not worth the rate paid, I wouldn't stay here again.
2 night business trip May 27, 2015
Mandayam
"One day business Trip"
Great location! the room was very small But to be expected in a downtown hotel. However, The Bed and linens were really wonderful and very comfortable!!! the service was excellent. Breakfast was too expensive. the second floor lobby was a little confusing and no one explained when I first walked in off the street but that is a minor thing. The concierge was helpful when I asked for directions.
1 night business trip May 27, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Booked a 3 night stay may 25 to the 28th. Oo the 25th we arrived 1 1/2 hrs early and were allowed to check into the hotel. The receptionist said she was going to give us a"really nice room". It ended up being a "Suiite"on the 8th floor over looking Michigan avenue. The suite was spacious and well decorated. Later that evening we had drinks at the bar and each morning we had breakfast in the hotel. The service was great and the location of this hotel is excellent.
3 night romance trip May 25, 2015
diane
"Great location for a visit to Chicago"
The Warwick Allerton was a perfect location for my visit to Chicago. It was very easy getting to all the places and sites from this hotel. Staff was very nice and welcoming. My room was clean and comfortable. A few things that keep me from giving a stellar rating to this hotel are: Outside of restaurant hours there was no way to get a bottle of water or small snack (no vending machines BTW). The gym equipment was either locked or broken so that you could not adjust the positioning. I also frequently encountered the guest elevators being full with service personal and service equipment - even though they have a dedicated service elevator. Not a big deal but frustrating after the 3rd time waiting for an elevator and not being able to board because of being filled with cleaning equipment. The air unit in my room dripped.
2 night trip May 25, 2015
"Warwick - small but great"
Enjoyed the stay at Warwick.
3 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Donald
"Central to everything"
Great service and property in good shape overall. Perfect location.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2015
Edward
Great location on the mag mile! Parking in adjacent garage was expensive, so I'd explore other options if possible. Staff (front desk and valet) were very friendly, was charged for mini bar that I didn't use, but charge was removed quickly and easily. It's an old hotel, which I like, but it means the rooms are a tad smaller and "quaint". Would definitely stay again!
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"satisfied"
Very happy. Will definitely stay again.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
"TWO THUMBS UP!!!"
My first time at this hotel & we love love love it!!!! I was able to check in @ 12pm! Which was a shocker because at other hotels you'd have to wait until 3pm or 4pm. Thank you Warwick for accommodating us. The only minor thing for us was the elevator situation.....it's a little slower than normal. But we had all the time in the world, so no biggie. The location was superb! The hotel is in the center of EVERYTHING! I'd definitely will come back to Warwick again in the future.
2 night family trip May 21, 2015
"Great location."
Good location; 4 blocks from Chicago/Jackson CTA train station. Good hotel. Excellent staff. Elevators are insufficient for the traffic, so sometimes you have to wait 2-3 minutes. Starbucks is 2 blocks away. Timothy O'Toole's is good sports bar, 3 blocks away: decent prices & very good bar food; Chicken quesadilla was best thing we had there. You can catch the bus out front of Allerton to go to Grant Park (south), Lincoln Park, including the zoo (north) and lots of other sights.
3 night romance trip May 20, 2015
"Disappointing and expensive!"
Hotel was busy. Signage is not present to indicate check in is on the second floor, so very confusing upon entry. Also, the hotel has a Michigan Ave address, but entrance is around the corner. Room was extremely small. However, though it was right off the elevator, it was still fairly quiet. Room air conditioner started to drip just as I was leaving. Left luggage with Bellman just after checking out. When I returned to retrieve it, there was no one to be found who could or would help find the luggage. It took 15 minutes, and my going up to the front desk to get help-- even though there were several people working the valet parking area. They didn't even call the front desk when I requested they do so.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Marilyn
"Great Experience"
Had a great time at the Warwick Allerton. Location on Michigan Ave was great. Staff was very accommodating and friendly.
2 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Aaron
"weekend in Chicago"
very enjoyable, nice old hotel. very good location
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Lacking in customer service . . . ."
We started off bad waiting 20 minutes for a bellboy or valet to greet us. And after I called the hotel twice someone finally came out. We did get in late this past Tuesday night around 12:30 though. The next morning my wife set up room service for a certain time and when it was 30 minutes late she called and they very rudely said " well you didn't put a time " in a ghetto / slang way. And then said well are you ready for it ??? So I was shocked to hear about that, and disappointed. I was in Chicago for business and was hoping my wife would enjoy her time there. But the whole time she kept pointing out other hotels she would rather stay at next time. Just disappointed with customer service for the price and location of the hotel.
4 night business trip May 12, 2015
Brandon
"Downtown Chicago Delight"
Hotel is very situated in the heart of Chicago's shopping and business district. It's an older hotel, that has been renovated. However, it's hard to escape the "classic" nature of the place. Elevators are tiny and slow, health club is less modern then most. Overall, I enjoyed staying there and would definitely come back.
3 night business trip May 12, 2015
"Great location. Clean, small rooms."
Great location. Lots of shopping, restaraunts, parks, and museums nearby. Hotel has been recently renovated. Rooms are a little small but very clean.
2 night romance trip May 11, 2015
"parking is expensive"
Rooms are small but comfortable and clean. Parking is very expensive.
1 night business trip May 12, 2015
"excellent"
Staff is very coperative and well behave.
4 night romance trip May 8, 2015
mohammed
"just got back from the windy city"
It was a very nice and clean room, close to all the downtown attractions, but the only place for free wi-fi was in the hotel lobby, kinda of silly, would be nice if it was in all the rooms
2 night family trip May 10, 2015