All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
701 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Value
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
    Bad amenities
    Uncomfortable
"great weekend"
coffee maker in room would have been nice - but other than that it was perfect front desk people very friendly and helpful
2 night romance trip Jan 29, 2016
MICHAEL
"Favorite place to stay in the city"
Always happy with my stay
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Amber
"Helpful, Friendly, Courteous Personnel"
The personnel at this hotel was helpful, friendly and courteous.
2 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2016
The hotel was great wish our room was not behind the elevator, didn't get much sleep
2 night romance trip Jan 22, 2016
Really disappointed in a few things. For example, free Wi Fi in the lobby, you have to pay for it if you wish to use it in the room. No coffee or tea making facilities in the room. You can get free coffee in the lobby in the mornings if you go down there, but other wise room service is your only choice, and even if you don't mind spending $20 for a pot of coffee, room service ends at 11:00 PM. Just seemed they were intent on "nickel and diming" you to death. Seems different form the other downtown Chicago hotels I usually stay. It isn't as if the Allerton was considerably less costly than other hotels in the area. This may just be the business model for Warwick hotels, I don't know. Still, these little things were somewhat irritating, and those irritations are what sticks in my mind from my stay. Hotel staff that I had contact with all appeared friendly and helpful.
3 night romance trip Jan 21, 2016
"Review"
I had to sign that room is not smoking document that said in case I smoke in the room it will be about $280.00 fee. It was room that connected thru the door to another hotel room and next door people were smoking marijuana, it was very disturbing plus the smell of marijuana or cigarettes makes me sick. Definitely it was a big disappointment and it is kind of ridiculous.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2016
Birute
"Couldn't ask for more"
Shopping trip with 15 yr old daughter. Perfect location for shopping the magnificent mile.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
The Warwick was great. I have stayed at Intercontinental and the W in Chicago before (both good hotels) and the Warwick has been my favorite of the three. It has a certain charm that I enjoyed and it's close to everything.
2 night romance trip Jan 24, 2016
Darko
Left with a bed bug on my suitcase
1 night trip Jan 23, 2016
Very good stay. Had to pay for WiFi though.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2016
"Great Classic Hotel"
Wonderfull
1 night trip Jan 23, 2016
"A hidden gem"
Great service. Staff was helpful and friendly. Will return.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
I really enjoyed how quiet it was while stayed here ,but the room needs a mini fudge
1 night trip Jan 17, 2016
"Excellent Hotel on the Magnificent Mile."
I was able to check in at 8:30 in the morning since the hotel had an available room. All of the staff I encountered were very friendly and professional. The room was small, but nicely appointed. The room was also directly next to the elevators, but the noise from Michigan Ave was more noticeable than any noise from the elevators. Overall it was a very nice hotel, and I had a very nice stay there.
3 night romance trip Jan 18, 2016
Jerold
Stevenson the guy in the ground floor was wonderful.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Erline
"Great Value"
Great location. Great price. Great service. Great bedding. Small room but fine for the price. We will be back.
3 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2016
Shari
I didn't feel that I was staying in a four star hotel Room was small and old Charged $ 60 for valet parking.
1 night business trip Jan 17, 2016
NIZAR
Everything was amazing. I love this hotel.
3 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
Adnan
"Wow"
Stuff was very nice, amazing room, love it
3 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Ronen
"Right in the thick of it all!"
Check-in was crowded and maybe that's why the woman didn't tell us that we were going to be charged the room rate + $60. I happened to look at my credit card statement and asked a different front desk woman about it and she was not very nice but managed to get across that we were charged the extra $60 as an "incidentals" charge but it would be removed if nothing occurred (not sure what that was for - not like there was a mini bar). The $60 was refunded but I had to check my online account a number of times to make sure it was taken care of properly. Also, not a problem for me but the couple next to me was having an issue bcs the hotel required a photo id that matched the name on the reservation. Cheaper parking is available at parking garage one block east of hotel
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2016
"Would definitely stay there again!"
This is a good choice for a hotel if you want to be centrally located.
3 night trip with friends Jan 14, 2016
"Allerton is central for Magnificent Mile"
enjoyed the hotel and staff very much. everyone seemed concerned that we were comfortable. If I were to complain it would be that when the furnace would run, there was a very cold draft that came from ceiling that required an extra blanket at shoulder area.
2 night romance trip Jan 15, 2016
"Great hotel :) Shamelessly expensive Wifi :("
Wonderful old hotel right in the middle of it all. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only bad thing about the hotel was the very overpriced wifi - I know it's an old hotel, but c'mon, it's the 21st century now...
1 night trip with friends Jan 15, 2016
"Classic Hotel"
You enter the hotel on street level and take the elevator to check in and restaurant/bar. Check in area is dark and lit by candlelight which adds to the ambiance. Lovely staircase and nice black and white photos of what the hotel looked like in the 1920's. Narrow hallways but again, adds to the ambiance. Beautiful crown molding in the hallways. Booked a premium suite with a large bedroom and nice sized bathroom. You could open the windows in the bathroom and bedroom which is a HUGE plus for me in a hotel. Décor was 1920's classic. Nice sized bathroom...only negative was the wall paper peeling of the wall in the bathroom. Miles, the concierge, was able to move my dinner reservation at Joe's from 5:30pm to 6:30pm....something I had not been able to do for a week. Front desk reception was very professional. I usually stay at the Intercontinental but will definetly book this hotel again if the price is right.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
"Wonderful weekend getaway"
My husband and I spent a great long weekend at the Allerton. The staff really made us feel welcome. Our room had a great view of Michigan Avenue and we were within walking distance of the Red Line stop and many different sights. Can't wait to come back!
3 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
Caroline
"Weekender in Chicago"
The gentleman when we checked in Friday Jan 8th was awesome!! He asked us questions and listened to our story. We had a miserable trip getting to the hotel and it was my wife's bday. We had arrived after 9 p.m. He gave us a free complimentary breakfast.
2 night romance trip Jan 8, 2016
Pete
We were upgraded to a suite overlooking Michigan Ave. The size was amazing and the view was priceless! We felt very fortunate and special!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Heidi
"Awesome!!"
We had booked a one night stay here. We ended up staying an extra night. Hotel is close to shopping, food, and sightseeing. The price of this hotel seems like it would be a lot higher considering how nice it was and right on Michigan Ave! Rooms are a little small but very nice and clean. I love the old history of this hotel and the beautiful old time details. The only thing I could possibly complain about it is the man that held our luggage was not friendly, but everyone else was. I would definitely would stay here again.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
Vickie
"Warwick: Will Visit Again."
Stay was wonderful. Received complimentary WiFi service and timely valet service. Everyone was very nice at the hotel.
4 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Abdul
The first person that checked us in was not the friendliest, but after that, the other two people we dealt with were excellent. The rooms are smaller and definitely it is an old hotel, but it was clean and had a nice city charm to it. The location is great and the rooms were clean.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Great location, no complaints
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2016
Grant
"GREAT LOCATION"
THE ROOM WAS SMALL BUT WAS ALL WE NEEDED. iT WAS CLEAN AND THE BEDS WERE VERY COMFORTABLE WITH PLENTY OF PILLOWS. tHE BATH WAS CLEAN, BUT COULD HAVE USED A LAVANITY FOR STUFF. SHOULD HAVE HAD COFFEE MACHINE. THE STAFF WAS FRIENDLY AND KNOWLEDGABLE. THE SUNDAY BRUNCH WAS VERY NICE AND WORTH THE MONEY. THEY KEPT OUR LUGGAGE WHILE WE WENT TO THE THEATRE. THE HOTEL IS SITUATED IN A WONDERFUL LOCATION, AND THE PRICE WAS VERY REASONABLE FOR THE 'MAGNIFICENT MILE'.
1 night family trip Jan 2, 2016
"Great Bargain for Location"
Last minute booking because of family member in hospital. Great location and price. Room was small but clean. We have stayed multiple times at this hotel and it is a great bargain for the price. Be prepared for small but clean room. Friendly service.
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
"Quaint and Historical Upper-Class Accommodations"
The Allerton is an historic building in the heart of Chicago's Magnificent Mile. As such, it is in an AMAZING location (convenient to everything), offers impeccable upper-class service, but still has the "charm" of a 90-year-old building. Outside traffic is clearly audible all night long, and the plumbing/electrical still needs some attention. I have stayed in nicer/bigger rooms for less money, but overall I sincerely enjoyed my stay here.
4 night family trip Dec 29, 2015
"Not Enough Parking"
Do to availability of parking and cost of parking, we didn't stay at this hotel. We ended up staying in Munster, IN. First of all, $60 for parking, REALLY!
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Alfred
Wonderful hotel, super staff, fantastic location and even an awesome restaurant. My only "but" is minor - the furniture in the room was very mixed. Some was nice quality while other pieces looked like they came from a yard sale. Very odd and a very bad sign for a hotel. This is more than just aesthetic: The super-cheap chair at the desk was so flimsy, it had to have very long arms for the rollers... which was a constant source of toe-stubbing. Painful. Would have been better off to have not had the chair at all.
3 night trip Dec 30, 2015
Darryl
"give the Allerton a try! you won't regret it"
Stayed here before and loved it, but was a little concerned this time when I saw that our room was right behind the elevators - was afraid it would be noisy but we never heard them. Not once. Room was small and bed laid out in a manner that didn't make it easy to access from one side. Other than that, the room was very comfortable and quiet. Free coffee in the lobby every morning. Easy access to anything you'd want to do in downtown Chicago. Walking distance to most things, anything beyond walking distance is easily accessible by the el. Love the Allerton!
4 night romance trip Dec 27, 2015
mary
"Pretty good!"
Went away for a quick trip to the city with our infant (3months). The room was very small so it was hard to maneuver a stroller and have a pack n play. The staff was great!
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
RACHEL
"Can't wait to stay here again next year!"
This was our fourth time to stay at the Warwick Allerton and we've never been disappointed. The staff is friendly and efficient. The location is excellent for shopping and there are a lot of great places to eat within easy walking distance.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Jane
It was simply great.
2 night romance trip Dec 29, 2015
Sangeet
"Great location, clean, friendly"
Second time staying at this hotel. This time was selected based on proximity to Northwestern Hospital. All things that truly matter were spot on, hotel is very clean, check in/out quick & easy, desk staff very helpful, room/floor quiet. Only "complaints" would be slow/smaller elevators and guest rooms are small compared to any other hotel we've stayed in downtown Chicago. Those aren't even really complaints, just details worth mentioning. Hotel has a historical vibe, much more so than other hotels in the area (but don't confuse historical with dirty or subpar).
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Tracy
"Great Location and Wonderful Customer Service"
The customer service at this hotel is exceptional and its location is superb. Unfortunately, my accolade stops there: the building due to its historic age is showing signs of needing a facelift and rooms are less then desirable. The staff on the first level and doorman need more customer service skills and are better placed in a different position they lacked charisma and work ethic. The particular room I stayed in for (1) night was below average quality and very small. I did have a view but it was also below my expectations. There was a natural "old" odor that I felt was a tad pungent. The room has obvious signs of deterioration. The sink in the bathroom was damaged prior to my arrival. The professionally fixed job attempted on it, looks atrocious. I would recommend managements to invest in replacing the monstrosity. And really giving the hotel a thorough deep clean just that would improve the hotel. You don't need to be new to be clean! I arrived particularly late at 6PM and had a couple of buissness things to do in the area due to relocation etc., My efforts for the night would not be wasted complaining to staff. (Sometimes you just need to take one for the team and I should have been more thorough reading reviews prior to booking.) If your booking due to location this older hotel will do the job. And the staff based on my experience made the stay worth it. Good Luck and Safe Travels Date: Dec 26th, 2016
1 night business trip Dec 26, 2015
No bathtub. ;( great location and Shannon in the lobby was amazing. Just small room and no tub was sad. Overall I will come back. Maybe upgrade!
4 night trip Dec 26, 2015
Erin
"Home"
My stay was comfortable and I love being there it made me fill like I was somebody to the Warwick family
2 night romance trip Dec 25, 2015
Timothy
"Great location, very clean, rooms tight"
Great location, very clean, rooms on the small side
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
"Amazing stay at amazing rate!"
The hotel is obviously older...but don't let that give you pause. I love the character these older hotels have. It is well maintained and very clean. Compared to modern day hotels, the standard room here is a bit smaller, as are the hallways, but are very clean and comfortable with all the amenities. Great location on Michigan ave. The staff was very friendly and accommodated a few special requests we had with a smile. Skip the higher price hotels!! Would not hesitate to stay here again and again.
1 night family trip Dec 27, 2015
joseph
Our after Christmas family outing! Room was very spacious and convenient to all the Mag Mile has to offer!
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
"Great weekend!!! Will come again!!!"
Loved our weekend there. The receptionist was great! She upgraded our room and was very friendly and funny. It is a little noisy due to being down town but we had no issues with that anyway! Easy access to many many things Coming back soon!
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2015
Esperanza
Good stay, the woman at check in said she upgraded me which was nice because the room was nice. Not sure what a regular room would have been like. She also offered me free wifi in the room which is not part of a normal reservation I gathered. Only complaint, was the next to last night I ordered room service, just a pizza, and they actually never took it out of the room. That was disappointing.
4 night business trip Dec 14, 2015
"Amazing customer service"
The staff was really understanding and worked with me since there was issues with my payment after numerous attempts everything was solved. They have amazing customer service and they do value each and every guest.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015