All hotels in Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
701 North Michigan Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60611, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
The people and service were very thorough. The employees are what make your stay enjoyable and we experienced many nice people. It is an older hotel so rooms are smaller, but it is very clean and well preserved with beautiful character.
1 night romance trip Jul 23, 2015
Jerry
"Room is ridiculously small. R U kidding?!!"
I have more room in my backpacking tent. The elevators are small. The room is tiny. The bed is like a doll house bed. Everything is crammed in, like living in a sub-compact RV,.one of those camper shells that fits on a Toyota 4cyl pickup truck. Not even a coffee maker in the room. The bathroom door had no working lock. I had to keep tripping over my suitcase to get into the bathroom. --I admit I've never stayed in downtown Chicago, maybe this is "how it's done" there?
2 night business trip Jul 20, 2015
Norman
"Second time, last time."
Good location. Wanted to give this another try, but still was lacking. As thin as the walls are you might as well just sleep outdoors. If there are two people using the bathroom, one needs to be in the shower otherwise, forget it. I'll pay a little more to have the convenience and comfort of a larger room and a little more quiet at night.
1 night business trip Jul 21, 2015
"Nice hotel but awful customer service and staff."
Unfortunately as I was checking in a very upset guest was complaining to one of the front desk agents about not getting towels after asking 3 times and waiting 5 hours. Once the other guest had left that agent turned to the other agent and started complaining about the guest while I was standing there, then she answered a phone call rather then help me. The second agent was on the phone this whole time, so I waited about 10 minutes for them to finish up phone calls and gossip prior to even acknowledging me. Finally during check in, as the agent was getting me my room key, another employee began fighting with a drunk male. So he literally threw my room key and credit card at me and ran to help. There was never a simple apology or anything from any of the staff for this horrible first impression. So basically I found the staff very rude and unprofessional. Based on that alone I would never stay here again or recommend it. The room was clean and nice but incredibly small. I was staying by myself so it was ok for me for one night, but there was barely room to walk around the bed. The bathroom was smaller than the closet in the room. There is no way two people could stay comfortably in that room. The hotel is located near the magnificent mile and the river walk so its a great area. Overall, could be a nice hotel if the staff wasn't so bad.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2015
Jeannie
"small"
The room and bathroom were very clean but very small
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Staff was not friendly.
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2015
"Find somewhere else to stay"
Smallest room I have ever stayed in and smelled like an old sock.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2015
Kimberly
"Spontaneous night in Chicago in a great hotel"
This was a lest minute stay with a couple friends, the hotel room a little on the smaller side, but that is to be expected of an older, historic hotel like the Warwick. Great beds, AC rocked, bathroom was marble and gorgeous, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I dont think ive ever checked into a hotel that quickly, and I travel frequently for work. 5 stars!
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
adam
"Good hotel, great service"
Our room was right outside the elevator and it was very noisy. However, we requested a room near our friends and the room near them that happened to be by the elevator so we did not complain. The hotel should know that these rooms are not very comfortable though. I was very pleased with all the staff; I lost my phone and they found it and mailed it back to me within 3 days. I was so thankful that they were helpful and responsive and kind about the whole situation, it really made it less stressful than it could have been.
1 night trip with friends Jul 17, 2015
Emily
"Great first time in Chicago!"
This was my first time in Chicago, the location was excellent, the front desk staff was very nice - rooms are not that small, adequate for a hotel. Overall great experience - would stay there again!
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
Yvonne
"Fantastic location"
Location was great. Hotel is a little worn and a customer complained as I was checking in about the hallway being dirty for days, so I was a little put off initially.
2 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
beth
Nice hotel on the Magnificent Mile.
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
"Older hotel with some charm"
Nice older hotel (1920's). Showing some age, but has some charm, too. Great location right in the middle of Chicago. Checking in and the elevators were slow. Clean. No serious complaints.
2 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Ken
"Chicago cool"
A great business hotel close to all amenities needed for after work relaxation
1 night business trip Jul 16, 2015
"Not a favorite - low value for price"
Not for business travelers at all. Super small rooms with super small desks and slow internet. You really can't get any work done in Warwick's rooms. Definitely need to use your own hot spot vs. their internet. The tub/shower didn't drain well and the bathroom smelled musty. Double bed; not queen. Lumpy mattress. When I checked out the guy at the front desk was completely indifferent. Bar staff friendly but over-worked so had to wait a bit for service. The location is good but I wouldn't stay there again. Selected it b/c my usual Chicago choices were not available. Valet dudes were friendly and efficient. I think they allow smoking - there was a residual smell of smoke in the halls. :(
4 night business trip Jul 13, 2015
I enjoyed my stay here. Room was small but that didn't bother me. Parking at the lot next door is $60 overnight. Amazing location. History in the building itself, Which is cool. Value was strong, although at the same price id take either the the virgin hotel or nearby Marriott over the Allerton.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
Nick
"A disappointment with doll size rooms and terrible"
We stayed here for 3 nights and I would not go back to this hotel ever. Location was GREAT! And that is the only good thing I have to say about this hotel. Our room was extremely small, shower was so tiny I tried to get a shower without washing my hair and I could not manage to get my head away from the shower, this is how tiny the shower was. The size of the room did not bother me as much as the bad service. At the checking time we were greeted by a very upset employee, who treated us very rudely. After going up to our room I went back to see if they had a bigger room, the same employee asked me if I had used anything in the room. I replied that I had only washed my hands, to which she said that it was impossible to give us a new room since I had already used a towel in the bathroom to dry my hands and she was going to have to send housekeeping to the room….....???????? I have worked in 5 stars hotels for many years, and not even in my worst days I have treated a guest this way. I recommend this place to give its employees some proper training on how to treat guests if they ever want the guests to come back.
2 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"The Warwick is an Art Deco Gem"
Our stay at the Warwick was for a family vacation to Chicago. Upon arrival the front desk looked at the four of us and announced that she would be upgrading us to a suite. We had one of the most beautiful rooms looking out onto the Magnificent Mile you can imagine. This beautiful art deco gem has been wonderfully renovated and preserved and is really nice change from the chain brands. It is also very conveniently located to all the main Chicago attractions. The head concierge was outstanding and gave us fantastic insider tips on fun places for us to visit and great places to eat. We will certainly be back.
3 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
"Great hotel, minus the parking..."
We were only there for a night. Parking was inconvenient. Even though we did not want to pay for valet service, we ended up doing that simply because it was too much trouble otherwise. Other than that, we has a great night and woke up refreshed to handle the next day's work. Staff were courteous.
1 night business trip Jan 28, 2015
Rooms were nice and clean.. They are very small... Basically just fit the beds and that's all...good location...check in seemed a bit late at 3 or 4 o'clock considering you have to check out by noon next morning.. Overall was a nice place to stay.
1 night trip with friends Jul 8, 2015
Stacy
Hotel doesn't accept cash to pay for rooms which was a slight problem for myself and other friends of mine. Wasn't also happy about house keeping repeatedly loudly knocking on my door at 8:30 am and trying to get in to my room when the door was locked.
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"A Must-Stay For All Visitors!"
INCREDIBLE stay! Thank you, Allerton! I found an insanely good deal while planning a trip to introduce my child to everything Chicago has to offer. Having previously lived in ChiTown, I was aware of the Allerton's great reputation, so I booked it. For the deal I got, I expected a tiny room on the 4th-ish floor with a view of a dumpster. Yet this was NOT our experience! We got to the hotel at 11:30 am, and even though check-in was at 4, they said our room was ready. We had a corner room (standard size) on the 15th floor with a view of the Magnificent Mile outside of one window, and a view of Lake Michigan from the other. The room was the perfect size with plenty of room for the 2 of us, bed and pillows were more than comfortable, the bathroom was nicer than my own home's, and the water pressure in the shower was wonderful! We were able to adjust the individual room temperature, so it was never too hot or too cold. I took advantage of the business services room (quick internet, and free printing of our Cubs tickets!) as well as the free wifi in the lobby. The complimentary coffee was excellent, and a great way to start the morning. Housekeeping was impeccable, and all service from the time we entered the hotel until the moment we left was gracious and friendly. In fact, the stay was so impressive that my child said that not only does he want to move to Chicago now, but he wants to live at the Allerton. Would definitely book again!
4 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Jamie
"chicago get away"
Great location. Clean and comfortable rooms. Would definately stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Nicole
"AMAZING"
Loved it! They were so so helpful.
1 night romance trip Jul 6, 2015
Harrison
"Great experience"
Great location! Staff was SUPER helpful and friendly! Room was lovely and the most comfortable bed ever!
2 night trip with friends Jul 5, 2015
"Lovely hotel in great location!"
Warwick is a great historic hotel in a fantastic location. They've done a really nice job with keeping it updated within its old building! Small bathroom by modern standards but fine overall. My only complaint is having to pay for wifi in your room when we pay so much to stay there! It feels like price gauging a bit so hopefully they will rethink that. Otherwise a lovely historic hotel!
3 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Ariel
Hotel is top notch in graet location. I got the room for a great price ~120 however parking is 60 and internet is xtra 10
1 night trip with friends Jul 2, 2015
"Very small rooms"
Room was very, very small. Hotel in a good location but very old and has an old feel to it as well. The elevators took forever!! At one point I probably waited about 10 minutes for an elevator.
4 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Good value; small room; great location"
Last minute reservation; close to everything; small room that looked out at another brick wall; parking was $60
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
"Nice hotel, good locations, mostly unhelpful staff"
Extremely unhelpful staff initially. Fairly rude and not terribly interested in finding me a room when I tried to check in early. Also, no one had any idea when check in or check out was. One employee was very helpful after she realized that her colleagues were not interested in helping customers. She was able to find me a room immediately when she looked in their system, minutes after one of the other people at reception told me that check in was an hour later than I had been told originally and that no rooms were available. He practically ran away from reception after she found my room.
2 night trip with friends Jul 3, 2015
The room was tiny and the carpet wet, smelling like mold. The location was fabulous. We received a great deal on the room, making some of the discomforts worth it. Plan on spending another $60 per night if you have to park a car.
4 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Parking is too expensive
3 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
yongguang
"Tiny and expensive"
Parking is $60 a nigh and the room was tiny. After 2 night our room was on special for $180 and we left paying $600 with all the other fees included. CHICAGO is beautiful and fun but very expensive.
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Great location. Great hotel
2 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
"Was not impressed."
I expected this hotel to be really nice but unfortunately it didn't meet our expectations. Besides being in a great location, I wasn't impressed. It's a fairly old building, really small rooms. Room wasn't the cleanest (we found hair and spider on the bed). They were not very accommodating; we needed a refrigerator to something till our flight. Since we didn't have a fridge in our room we asked if we could use their hotel kitchen fridge. We were informed they couldn't do this due to liability reasons and then proceeded to recommend that we use the mini bar if we want. Turns out we didn't have a mini bar in our room either!
3 night trip with friends Jun 27, 2015
"Staff is so so but not great for price"
Hotels.com said check in was at 3:00 but the actual hotel said it was 4:00. Ordered breakfast room service to be delivered at 10am. It finally showed at 10:35am after a call to room service.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Cozy rooms"
Pros: Location Beautiful interior Fast elevators Free coffee Cons: $60 to park overnight!
1 night romance trip Jun 28, 2015
Benjamin
I was shocked that the room was incredibly small. The bed for "two" barely fit my boyfriend and I. I'm 5'2 so I don't take up much room but I had a horrible nights sleep.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
Jacob
"Mean-Spirited Front Desk Staff"
Stayed here on a Saturday night with my wife, hoping for a relaxing getaway. The lady at the front desk (Michelle) was rude, condescending and unwelcoming. Her colleagues apparently competed the same customer service training: they were surly and imperious. Room keys were delivered with a complimentary slap in the face. Free management advice: Promote your entire bell staff to the front desk, because they are consistently cheerful and professional. Transfer the existing front desk personnel to a role in which contact with other humans is minimal: Something deep within the bowels of the hotel. The rooms are small and poorly maintained. The maids do a good job of cleaning, but thy don't have much to work with. The toilet is immediately adjacent to the bathroom sink; almost slightly beneath the sink. Overweight guests will struggle mightily to fit into that space. The bathroom door cannot be opened fully without striking the bed. The shower door immediately fell off its tracks. The furniture legs and bottoms were heavily scratched; it appears they've given up. If this is a four-star hotel, then I live in the Taj Mahal. The hotel's location, of course, is fantastic. Bottom line: if you enjoy wonderful access to the Magnificent Mile, and you don't mind being treated with utter contempt by the people taking your money, and you're okay with a shabby little room that calls itself four-star, then the Warwick Allerton is for you.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"Good stay"
Great staff. Clean rooms. Good location. Rooms are small as a cubby and elevators aren't worth the wait... Take the stairs.
4 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
Ferdinand
"location"
Great location, room was very small, expensive for what you get.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
Tony
"Caution:Enter at your own risk!"
I checked in and immediately went to the adjacent restaurant dining room which appeared almost empty. I ordered onion soup and a Cesar salad. After a 20-minute wait and three requests to staff I was finally served. They explained they had a big meeting going on so there was no one working. Meanwhile the soup arrived, room temperature with a chunk of sloppy mushy bread that had been floating for the 20 minutes I was waiting and a chunk of flaccid lettuce with a slightly brown tint on the edges. The room would have been marginally fine had it not been for the loud sounds from the air conditioner. I kept thinking I was still at the airport. The good news is I know never to return.
2 night business trip Jun 22, 2015
"Great View"
Great accommodations. We truly enjoyed our short stay!
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
Jocelyn
"Loction was great!"
Location of the hotel was prefect. Was able to walk to everything we planned on doing during our visit. The room was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed having a drink in the lounge before heading off to dinner. I loved the heritage of the building which is why we chose the Warwick. I would defiantly stay again.
2 night romance trip Apr 24, 2015
"Comfy in Chicago"
Relaxing, staff was great, needs met, room was luxurious, can't wait to go back
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Stay again"
In the heart of all the action in downtown Chicago. Michigan Avenue is steps away. The staff was courteous and friendly. We booked a standard room, but were upgraded for free to a two room suite. This is an older hotel with enough upgrades and renovations to compete with the other hotels in the area. I would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
the hotel was wonderful except the elevators were slow and not enough of them
2 night romance trip Jun 17, 2015
Roxanne
"Love the Make Over!"
I love the redo of the old Allerton. I stayed there 30 years ago and it was pretty tired back then. I LOVE what they have done to update it to today's standards but kept the integrity of the old building. GREAT JOB! We will stay there again whenever we need to be in Chicago!
2 night business trip Jun 17, 2015
Room was comfortable. King size bed was very comfortable. However bathroom was very small (though adequate). There were NO drawers for unpacking clothes and only about 8 hangers in the closet. Room did not get made up one day and person at the front desk was not very responsive to our request that the room get made up. Bellhops were very friendly and helpful and the location was great. Overall I would give the hotel a positive review but with so many in the area to choose from I would try another accommodation next time
4 night romance trip Jun 14, 2015
Deborah
"Five stars for me!! Love it!"
Location was perfect! Was upgraded to a beautiful suite, felt like a princess. I love their standard rooms too. Great hotel! Great service! Always a first choice for me!
2 night business trip Jun 16, 2015