All hotels in Salinas, California, United States of America
131 John Street, Salinas, CA, 93901, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Surprisingly quiet"
I was worried because of the busy street, but the room was surprisingly quiet. Clean and comfortable room, and very nice staff.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"If you booked here, CANCEL"
It was terrible and overpriced, showers were dirty. The pillows and sheets were old
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Rashed
"Clean place good place to stay on the way up Calif"
Good place to stay if you're passing through Salinas. Smaller hotel off main drag well maintained.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Summer trip"
It was ok. The room was clean but cramped.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Shelby
"Not bad but not great"
The room was very clean, bed was so comfy. The only downfall was the neighborhood was a bit ugly and there was an event in Lagina Seca which caused high price in hotel. Overall, good
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Jeanette
Good value in the area for a few nights. Room was a little worn but very comfortable and good maintenance. Breakfast was good but was lacking the hard boiled eggs that just about every hotel with an expanded continental has these days. Otherwise a good offering. We liked it as it was less than 30 minutes from Monterrey and maybe 40 from Carmel, so well situated for us.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
keith
"Happily surprised in Salinas"
The beds were fantastic...as nice as any I have seen in more expensive hotels. The shower head, however, left a lot to be desired. Overall, I give the experience high marks..as the room was clean, quiet and comfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Patrick
The hotel had a very old TV and not much selection and it didn't have a pool either. My friend stayed up the street and payed $30 less than me and had a flat screen TV and a nice pool. This hotel was a little overpriced for what we got.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Courtney
I really enjoyed my stay. It was cozy and quiet. The staff were really nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
LeeAnn
"Surprised!"
Have not used Howard Johnson for a long time now. I was surprised how nice it was... Clean, comfortable,great location and rate was reasonable.
elizabeth
"surprised"
Surprised. Haven't used Howard Johnson for a long long time It was clean and comfortable.Price very reasonoS
elizabeth
"Serves its purpose....nothing fancy"
There were no rooms available in Monterey area so we had to move further inland. The rooms themselves were surprisingly larger than other hotel stays. We had a king size bed and queen size in one room. Clean, comfortable, and fits our purpose as a sleep over place. TV was outdated and the remote difficult to operate but still works. My advise for breakfast is get up early and get your share . There is not a lot of wiggle room in the eating area. You bump into each other because space is limited. Typical continental food... Cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice.... Our stay was adequate.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Nice larger sized room. Would stay there again for sure
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
carl
Short
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
ilan
Easy to get to from freeway. The people at front desk were nice and quick about getting me checked in.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Paula
I would not recommend this area. Scetchy as all else.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
PERFECT distance from the beach!!! Nice place for a one day getaway :)
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Veronica
"Comfy stay"
I was there for a wedding. The rooms were clean and very comfortable with the AC working perfectly. The lights in the bathroom were not working nor was one of the bedside lamps. I mentioned it to the owner who looked liked he was going to get on it right away to have fixed. Overall, it was a good stay. The owners were very nice and service was great.
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Maile
Hotel staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. Nice, clean hotel. Hotel was easy to find and readily accessible. Would stay again.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Ray A
In general it was good and satiable.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Mohammad Salem
"Quiet and clean"
Very clean room. Hotel on the older side. Room kinda small. Breakfast not too bad.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"comfortable and quiet"
comfortable stay with friends, front desk closed at night, limited Parking, apparent charge for extra towels (My friend asked) overall comfortable in a quiet area :D
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Luis Alberto
"An incredible place"
It was AMAZING!! A trip of a LIFETIME! My daughter can't wait to go back! It opened her eyes to so much beauty and Indian heritage! She was so excited and recommends that we all go.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2015
"Best hotel in the area"
Passing thru from Monterey to Hearst Castle and needed one night stay. This is the only good looking hotel, the rest on the same street are motels. Room is well kept, nice and clean with fridge and microwave. Wifi is fast. Wish they add yogurt for breakfast.
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015
Kirinee
"Salinas - Weekend"
Parking was limited. No spaces available. We had to park in a reserved spot.
2 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Got there with a reservation and staff said that I only reserved for 1 night instead of 2. In the end, he was looking at the wrong reservation because he never asked for my name and almost charged me for an extra night I had already paid for.
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Good for the money"
Good room for the price. Would have given a higher rating but our room that had 2 queen bed did not allow much of a walk way to the bathroom. The room would have been ok if it had 2 twins. Breakfast was good. I enjoyed the fresh make it yourself waffles. Selection of fruit, breads, cereal, yogurt, coffee, & juice.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Lee
"last minute change!!"
Management made it possible for my last minute change without incident. Thanks Howard Johnson Management for a great experience.
1 night family trip May 17, 2015
"Good stay"
No surprises, ready for us, good location. Rooms appeared to be newly refurbished, good breakfast, plenty of parking.
Other trip May 21, 2015
gary
"Bad Night"
Had a lousy night, the room condition was very bad.
1 night romance trip May 14, 2015
"No Bueno"
Stains all over the curtains. Did not want to take my shoes off. And the lobby closed at 10:00 pm. Why does a lobby in a hotel close? Way too over priced for what we got.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
"Worked in area"
It was good. My stay was pleasant and quiet. It was fine for what i needed it for a couple nights near my work conference
Other trip May 17, 2015
"We arrived really late but Josh in stayed up and w"
We arrived really late. I was thinking there was not going to be a problem. The person there I think him name was Joshin. We were really hungry but we decided to check in first. I was surprised that he said we could not or should not leave. He was really nice. This is a good place to stay if you need a hotel inn Salinas.
Other trip May 8, 2015
jusride7
"Pleasantly surprised"
I visit Salinas twice each year. I have found my new home away from home for access to Laguna Seca race events. Clean, safe, quiet accommodations.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Greg
"It's your problem!"
Never stay here! If I had a free night here I wouldn't use it. Like other reviews say, the front desk tells you any problem is your problem. I'll look into it, but its your problem. Hair in the bed, black rings on the pillows, room smells of cigarette smoke. Non smoking campus however there were 10 people right outside my door smoking. There's plenty more to say but i just dont care anymore. Stay at your own risk. Howard Johnsons are terrible. I want to call AAA and question their endorsement of this place.
1 night business trip Apr 30, 2015
"Will not stay again!"
Front staff were unwelcoming; wrinkle and old bedding, torn fabric on chairs, toilet leaking all night, carpets not clean. Sprinklers on all night left chlorine stains on my truck...
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2015
"Overpriced !!!"
I requested for a couple more towels on the second day of stay & they were pretty stingy with it. The guy at the front desk asked too many questions why I needed more towels. The breakfast area was too small & when I also requested for Splenda for our coffee, they couldn't even give us any. Turned out it was just stocked/hidden in the cabinets. Coffee was not hot & when told about it, the lady was so defensive saying "it's supposed to stay hot in the pot for 8 hrs!". Well, it didn't stay hot. She mad some fresh ones though but only after ranting about how it should stay hot in the pot. For the price I paid, I had expected more. I should've just stayed at the other place nearby.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Anig
"Downtown hotel disappointing"
Picture of hotel on the internet is misleading. Our room was not ready upon arrival so we were given another.
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Rae
There was a lot of noise. Outdated furniture and specially the TV. I have to say it was very clean.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Adequate Hotel"
Our room was comfortable, but the desk and chair were situated too close to the bed, which blocked easy movement thru the room. One telephone did not appear to be working. The room was clean and well decorated. The staff and breakfast were OK.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
Ron
"Where do I start?"
I REALLY wish prior to booking that SOMEONE would have mentioned in their review about the area that this hotel is in. Its terrible! We arrived at 3:15pm there was no cars in the parking lot. The man at the counter gave us a key for a 1st floor room, although I had asked for a 2nd floor or higher in my reservation. I asked him again & he said "sorry, we are booked." Ummm...there wasn't anyone there & check in is at 3pm! Anyway, the room was decent for the price we were given only 1 bath towel (thankfully they were quick to get us another), watching tv later in the evening was fun w/ a greeting of "welcome to Salinas, enjoy your stay" that would not go away. We were happy to see a microwave in the room, although it was on the bathroom counter. We tried to reheat our dinner & found that the microwave wasn't plugged in...or anywhere NEAR an outlet. Sigh. We finally started getting comfortable in bed knowing we had an early morning, thought we'd go to sleep around 10pm...that wasn't going to happen. We had a car parked in front of our door (parking lot is right there) playing Mexican/Spanish music at the highest decibel, & MANY scary looking Hispanic guys all hanging out & partying until 2am. Along with the parking lot party, the police sirens were non-stop, of course not coming to our rescue but attending to whatever was going on in the amazing area that this hotel is in.
1 night romance trip Mar 28, 2015
Gail
"Very clean comfortable and friendly."
My request for a upstairs room a week prior had been noted. The staff had saved me a room on the top floor. We were greeted by very friendly and professional gentlemen. Nice big towels, a big mini fridge, microwave and much more!
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
I travel alot
"weekend trip"
For the price it's good place to sleep. The neighborhood is not for a family to stay. Most places and restaurants around the hotel close by sun down because of the neighborhood. The front desk is slow but was helpful. My suggestion would be that the elevator start working at 5:30 am instead of 6:30am. It not fun taking your luggage down stairs that early in the morning. The house keeping lady was very helpful.
3 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
MARC
"Hotel stay"
Hotel was nice and clean. Would definitely stay there again on future business.
1 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Run like a $35 hotel."
Four day stay. Operators did a better job saying NO than Yes. Needed to repeatedly ask for basics. Breakfast area opened late (7:30) Sunday since they forgot Daylight Saving time. No local maps or help with directions. Quests were an inconvenience to their inactive lifestyle.. Run like a $35 hotel.
4 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Samuel
"Clean, simple and inexpensive. I'll be back!"
This Howard Johnson was just what I needed. Online, I thought the close vicinity to a major street would be noisy. I did not notice the noise throughout the two day stay. The room was clean, service was wonderful and friendly. The food faire was plain but plentiful. The internet speed was excellent, so getting work done in the room was easy. The lobby is closed after 10:30, so plan on using the stairs after that hour. The location and access is very convenient to the city and to highway 101. I will be back.
2 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Gordon
"perfect stay"
Very satisfied overall nice quiet area
1 night business trip Mar 7, 2015
Ruben
"Very friendly staff''' love the location"
I will continue staying here ''' they have everything I like'''' everything
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
blanka
"Comfortable & Clean"
Comfortable bed, clean room, however, the room faced a busy street so you colud hear the sound of passing cars, hard to sleep with constant sound. Next time I would request a room away from a busy blvd.
2 night family trip Mar 1, 2015
"Comfortable stay!"
I was there for an interview with the Salinas police department. I stayed here before for my first interview. It's conveniently located for me and the staff is very friendly. I believe it's the manager that checked me in/out both stays. I told him I will definitely be back, if and when I have another interview. It's quite, the bed/pillows are very comfortable and the entire hotel is very clean. No complaints, all positive remarks from me.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015