All hotels in Salinas, California, United States of America

Poor vibe
Nice place.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2016
"Not Recommended!!"
We stayed in 4 different hotels on our trip from Washington to California, this was the only one that I would NOT recommend. The outside was nice. Check in and check out was fine. The room smelled, curtains were falling off the rods, there was a hole in the wall. The neighborhood was noisy, dogs barking all night, lots of late night voices in the area around the hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 14, 2015
"Bed Bugs!!!"
Location was great, service was great, however we checked into our two queen bed room to find it was actually to double beds. The beds were way too soft for my liking. Shower was great that night. Woke up the next morning and my daughter had red circles on her arm and some on her feet. They weren't mosquito bites, they were bed bug bites!!! We stayed in room 107. Stay away from this hotel!!!! Paid $107 for a horrible experience. My poor Baby is terrified of hotels now.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
The room was okay... The furniture was very dirty
1 night family trip Nov 13, 2015
"Monterey Bay Aquarium trip."
Clean room and resort at a Great price!
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Arthur
"Inconsistent rooms"
We got two rooms - their quality was completely different! One with flat screen, nice table and chairs, etc. The other one with an old TV, no table. The other issue is noise from the main street.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Abu
"Good job"
It was a very good experience we had. No problems and very nice office people.
1 night family trip Oct 24, 2015
Donita
"Good Hotel with very limited Services."
Clean room with fridge and microwave and limited number of clothes hangers with no cupboard. Has a common continental breakfast that is the same as most limited service hotels. Elevators and office close st 10:00 PM so you need to use your room key to access stairs. Friendly couple man the front desk.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
The room was great, the staff friendly. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
"Quick trip"
Close to Main Street and monterey
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
"******"
Nice clean good price
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2015
Mario
"Disappointed in our hotel choice."
This is a clean place to stay and the beds are comfortable. It is very basic. The knob to turn on the water in the shower totally did not work and the pressure of the water in the shower was very slow. The odd thing was the pressure in the sink was perfect. The fruit in the "breakfast" was very poor. We got a going away present from the neighborhood. While our car was in the parking lot on the last night of our stay, someone drove a nail into the whitewall of our tire. Our mechanic said this had to have been on purpose as we could not have just picked up a nail in the location the nail was. This added $200.00 to our stay that we did not expect.
3 night business trip Sep 24, 2015
"Nice and simple"
The hotel was nicer than expected and very comfortable. The owners live on property and they take good care of the place. It could use some updates like the bathroom and furnishings, but it was clean and well kept. Breakfast was simple but good, although only went until 9am which is too early to shut down in my opinion. I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Sep 23, 2015
Worst night! We stayed here for a softball tournament. Unfortunately, it was the same weekend as the jazz festival so everything else was booked. This hotel cost us $200 for the night!!! Such a rip off!!! The location is horrible! We had bugs in our room, our toilet felt like it was going to fall through the ground, and the room was dirty. We kept finding other people's hair everywhere! Ewwwww!!!!
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Very nice"
It was nice. Hotel was very nice. I enjoyed my trip!(:
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"Saturday night is alive."
Busy noisy night for others while trying to sleep. Otherwise a nice stay.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
Adam
ALL BUSINESS
5 night business trip Sep 1, 2015
"Surprisingly quiet"
I was worried because of the busy street, but the room was surprisingly quiet. Clean and comfortable room, and very nice staff.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"If you booked here, CANCEL"
It was terrible and overpriced, showers were dirty. The pillows and sheets were old
1 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2015
Rashed
"Clean place good place to stay on the way up Calif"
Good place to stay if you're passing through Salinas. Smaller hotel off main drag well maintained.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2015
"Summer trip"
It was ok. The room was clean but cramped.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
Shelby
"Not a smoke free environment!!!!"
Dissatisfied with the entire experience. I complained to the concierge about our neighbors excessive smoke disturbing me and triggering asthma attacks. I asked to be moved to another room, but nothing could be done. According to the concierge he could not ask them to stop because they were inside the room even if it is a "smoke-free" hotel.
Other trip Aug 14, 2015
"Not bad but not great"
The room was very clean, bed was so comfy. The only downfall was the neighborhood was a bit ugly and there was an event in Lagina Seca which caused high price in hotel. Overall, good
1 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Jeanette
Good value in the area for a few nights. Room was a little worn but very comfortable and good maintenance. Breakfast was good but was lacking the hard boiled eggs that just about every hotel with an expanded continental has these days. Otherwise a good offering. We liked it as it was less than 30 minutes from Monterrey and maybe 40 from Carmel, so well situated for us.
3 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
keith
"Happily surprised in Salinas"
The beds were fantastic...as nice as any I have seen in more expensive hotels. The shower head, however, left a lot to be desired. Overall, I give the experience high marks..as the room was clean, quiet and comfortable.
1 night family trip Aug 9, 2015
Patrick
The hotel had a very old TV and not much selection and it didn't have a pool either. My friend stayed up the street and payed $30 less than me and had a flat screen TV and a nice pool. This hotel was a little overpriced for what we got.
2 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Courtney
I really enjoyed my stay. It was cozy and quiet. The staff were really nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2015
LeeAnn
"Surprised!"
Have not used Howard Johnson for a long time now. I was surprised how nice it was... Clean, comfortable,great location and rate was reasonable.
elizabeth
"Ok Motel"
This hotel is more like a motel. If you need to enter or leave the premisses after office buisness hours, request a room on the first floor. Access to elevators is limited and access to stair cases require a room key. The room key may need to be reprogrammed if you need access after hours. neighborhood is noisy.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
jd4224
"surprised"
Surprised. Haven't used Howard Johnson for a long long time It was clean and comfortable.Price very reasonoS
elizabeth
"Serves its purpose....nothing fancy"
There were no rooms available in Monterey area so we had to move further inland. The rooms themselves were surprisingly larger than other hotel stays. We had a king size bed and queen size in one room. Clean, comfortable, and fits our purpose as a sleep over place. TV was outdated and the remote difficult to operate but still works. My advise for breakfast is get up early and get your share . There is not a lot of wiggle room in the eating area. You bump into each other because space is limited. Typical continental food... Cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, coffee, juice.... Our stay was adequate.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"No greeting upon arrival."
Staff pathetic, room musty. TV old and blurry. Won't stay again.
Other trip Jul 31, 2015
Nice larger sized room. Would stay there again for sure
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
carl
Short
1 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
ilan
Easy to get to from freeway. The people at front desk were nice and quick about getting me checked in.
1 night family trip Jul 22, 2015
Paula
I would not recommend this area. Scetchy as all else.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
"Clean hotel. Friendly staff."
Clean hotel. Friendly staff. Clean hotel. Friendly staff.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
PERFECT distance from the beach!!! Nice place for a one day getaway :)
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Veronica
"Comfy stay"
I was there for a wedding. The rooms were clean and very comfortable with the AC working perfectly. The lights in the bathroom were not working nor was one of the bedside lamps. I mentioned it to the owner who looked liked he was going to get on it right away to have fixed. Overall, it was a good stay. The owners were very nice and service was great.
2 night trip with friends Jul 10, 2015
Maile
"Ok"
Staff is managed by a nice Indian family. However, the only elevator on the three story buidling is in the main lobby/office. The elevator is only accessible duirng normal business hours (6:30 am to 10 pm). After hours requires the use of stairs only. Two stair cases are available one on each side of the buidling. My access card could not open the front stairs. Upon check in this information was not given to me. I was stuck in the elevator between the 2nd and the 3rd floor at 5 am the next morning until I realized that the elevator was out of service. Calling room service only got a full message voice mail. Later in afternoon, hotel staff checked card programming to provide access to both stair cases. Room was clean but sink did not drain quickly (clogged) and the area is a bit noisy. This is Ok for one night.
Other trip Jul 11, 2015
jd4224
Hotel staff was friendly and made you feel welcome. Nice, clean hotel. Hotel was easy to find and readily accessible. Would stay again.
2 night trip Jul 3, 2015
Ray A
In general it was good and satiable.
1 night romance trip Jun 29, 2015
Mohammad Salem
"Convienent location"
Very near downtown, and quiet. Very friendly staff both in person and on the phone.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
cb
"Quiet and clean"
Very clean room. Hotel on the older side. Room kinda small. Breakfast not too bad.
1 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Not Very Accommodating"
This is an adequate budget hotel, and this was my second stay because it is close to the office where we meet our clients. HOWEVER, I asked to check out at 1 PM, and this was denied. I was told that the maids leave at noon, which is ridiculous and obviously not true because noon is the normal checkout time. When I left, I told the manager that we would not be back and that I would give him a bad on-line review. Then he denied saying to me what he had said! Not being able to check out at 1 PM meant that I had to sit in my car for over an hour before my associate finished with our client. I have NEVER had this problem in any other hotel on our frequent business trips around northern California.
Other trip Jun 16, 2015
Ron
"comfortable and quiet"
comfortable stay with friends, front desk closed at night, limited Parking, apparent charge for extra towels (My friend asked) overall comfortable in a quiet area :D
2 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Luis Alberto
"An incredible place"
It was AMAZING!! A trip of a LIFETIME! My daughter can't wait to go back! It opened her eyes to so much beauty and Indian heritage! She was so excited and recommends that we all go.
2 night trip Jun 3, 2015
Excellent service, from an early check-in to computer printing facility. Highly recommended.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Best hotel in the area"
Passing thru from Monterey to Hearst Castle and needed one night stay. This is the only good looking hotel, the rest on the same street are motels. Room is well kept, nice and clean with fridge and microwave. Wifi is fast. Wish they add yogurt for breakfast.
1 night trip with friends May 25, 2015