All hotels in Grover Beach, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here775 N Oak Park Blvd, Grover Beach, CA, 93433, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

"solid hotel stay"
Everything was really good except location. Sitting on a hill, getting in and out of driveway was a death trap.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you Brian, we are glad you enjoyed yourself but we are sorry about the location. We hope that it wasn't too much of an ordeal for you. We hope to have you back.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
It was a descent stay until we were in bed after 10 pm and heard someone trying to get in our room. I informed the person they had the wrong room in which she apologized. I then got a phone call from the front desk about the incident in which he informed me that the other guest and I had the same last name. I think the other guests would have entered the room had I not had the deadlock on. I can't believe that there is not a better system in place to avoid this situation. Did not feel safe after the incident and my children were scared. Will not stay here again!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments, we sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"Spacious and comfy"
We were pleasantly surprised by everything about the room and hotel. We didn't expect much as we usually stay in luxury hotels, so it was a great pleasure to find everything beyond our expectations. The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, the shower was awesome, the staff was friendly and very helpful. My only complaint is that the windows were filthy. No excuses for that. But after I got over it, I forgot about it and was very pleased with our stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you Robin for your comments, we appreciate it! We will make sure to pay attention to the windows so that next time you come you will be pleased! We look forward to having you back.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Robin
"Had a Nice Stay"
The room was clean and very comfortable. The only thing that bothered us was the noise of other people. In the mornings you could hear every single conversation, footstep, and sound it was terrible.
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Love the bed and clean room
1 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Pleasantly Surprised"
We were very pleased with our stay. The location was very convenient and the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast was good and plentiful. Only problem was access to the pool is difficult if you are disabled.
4 night trip with friends Jun 22, 2014
I like everything, breakfast was excellent , location not bad, workers nice. I"d stay agan in this hotel
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2014
Tanya
"Breakfast, clean, and comfortable."
Good price, clean room, breakfast is good. Rooms have balconies not much view.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"Great service and accommodations"
I had never stayed at a holiday Inn express before this time and after my visit I will stay here as often as possible. I had just returned from the Hyatt in maui and it didn't shine a light to the holiday Inn express in grover beach when it came to service and a smile. I will be back. Thank you!
Other trip Jun 21, 2014
Josh
"We like it"
Always super very relaxing What do you want,a novel?
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you Gene, we appreciate you staying with us!
Other trip May 30, 2014
gene
"Excellent, huge breakfast choice."
We had stayed at a few questionable motels prior to our one night here. What a relief to stay in a quality motel, with clean rooms, quality bedding and best of all a huge choice at breakfast. We also used the food delivery service in our rooms, this is a booklet with all the restraints that will deliver to your room. Very good service and food.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you for the lovely review Grumman, we just recently updated our breakfast to improve our guests experience! Next time your in the States please come and visit us again!
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Grumman
"Birthday Vacation"
The Holiday Inn Express, Grover Beach was exceptional. The staff was friendly and helpful, the property was well kept and clean and the room was large and comfortable. The place would benefit from offering bike rentals though considering it is 2 miles from the beaches and driving is not always an ideal means particularly if one is interested in tasting local brews and wines.
2 night romance trip May 9, 2014
Allen
"wonderful experience for the value"
We traveled from Santa Barbara 1 1/2 hrs away just for some "US" time in the fun and beautiful central coast of California. We were so pleased with the room and the delightful greeting when arriving! The room very nice and their complementary breakfast had such a nice and varied selection..hit the spot for a fun day ahead exploring north up the coast as far as Hearst Castle! Check on line for events in the area...so much to see and do. We happened to be there when a classic car show was being held in Morro Bay with over 500 stunning classic cars, music and food! This was my 3rd time at this Holiday Inn Express and each time I left saying "I will return again".
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you very much Christine, we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us again. We hope to see you again soon!
2 night romance trip May 2, 2014
Christine
"Oops! Someone forgot the laundry!"
We stay at this hotel quite regularly due to its convenient location and excellent value. This time, however, upon reaching the door to our room, a pile of laundry was sitting there welcoming us. I was pretty uneasy to see the condition of the room, afraid that it might not have even been cleaned. It was spotless, however, and even had a fridge and fireplace! If not for the laundry, I would have been able to give a higher rating.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you Connie for taking the time to write a review on our property. I sincerely apologize for the laundry that hadn't been picked up from in front of your room. I'm glad to hear that the room was spotless, we hope you were able to enjoy your stay with us! Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.
2 night romance trip Apr 26, 2014
"Great location and value!"
Hotel is in a good location off the freeway and a close drive to Pismo Beach. Lots of restaurants and even a Walmart nearby. The rooms are comfortable. However the carpets could use some shampooing. Free breakfast with decent selections was a plus. There's free wifi and plenty of parking. Would definitely stay again if we're in the area. Overall a great value.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you Wheeler for your comments, we appreciate it. You'll be happy to hear that we're in the process of adding new carpet to our rooms! We hope to have you back soon so that you can see what we've done.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Wheeler
"Love the H I express"
We had to change rooms due to a new carpet smell, then air conditioner maintenance. They tore up one wall and left plaster all over the room.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
We're sorry to hear that you had to move rooms, we are in the process of doing a lot of work at the hotel to improve the guest experience but we are sorry to hear that it was a negative impact on you, we hope to have you back soon so we can show you what we've done.
Other trip Apr 17, 2014
"Expected better"
I thought that for the price, I was going to get a much nicer, especially cleaner hotel. The room was simple, which is okay if you're paying a simple price, but when I'm paying $229, I expected much better. There are no movies you can order or rent, which is downside to the hotel. We requested early check in upon our arrival, but were only given 15 minutes prior to regular check in time. Although there were empty rooms next to us, couldn't understand why we couldn't have checked in earlier since no one had used neighboring room the night before. Stayed at other hotels in surrounding area for $159 or less, that was a fair price. To sum it up, over priced. Receptionist was very friendly.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
We are sorry to hear that you received less that you expected from our hotel, we try our best to meet everyone's needs by offering competitive rates and a clean comfortable room. Early check is hard for us to always accommodate, depending on guests needs and the room types that are reserved we can't always switch rooms around. We sincerely apologize that we couldn't accommodate the early check in at this time, next time please call us on the day of arrival to see if we can help you get in early! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Regular Beach Visitor
Holiday Inn Express hotels are consistently good.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you, we are committed to providing quality service for our guests!
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
Great customer service! The front desk is awesome. Thank you Michelle for your great service.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you so much for your kind comments, Michele is a great team member and we are so glad to have her.
"Last minute get away"
Was pleased with the location, was near everything we wanted to do. Did not want to stay in the middle of all the busy vacationers this was perfect for us. The room was spacious and very clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you and I'm so glad that our hotel was a good fit for you. We hope to have you back soon!
"Nice location and room"
We were on campus tours. Looked for a nice room with a hot breakfast. Room was clean with new carpeting; breakfast had fine and the location was convenient.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you Sue, we appreciate the review. We are updating more than just the carpet. We hope you come back and see us again!
1 night trip Apr 1, 2014
Sue
I had to book a room for a quick get away from my hectic work schedule. I booked it last minute and everything went smooth. Staff was great. Room was nice and clean the only thing wrong was the sliding door was glass and very dirty when we walked in that was the first thing that stood out. Other than that it was nice.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach
Thank you Myra, we are glad that you were able to get away from work for a bit to come and enjoy the wonderful sunny Central Coast! I'm sorry about the glass door in your room, I appreciate you bringing that to your attention though! We hope to see you again soon.
1 night business trip Mar 22, 2014
The hotel was recently updated and was clean. We didn't care much for the bed because it was soft and had some "crunchy" pad to protect the mattress. Most hotels have found that having nice beds is a wise way to go just as flat screens which we had.
1 night trip Mar 21, 2014
"Nice reasonably priced hotel close to the beach"
We booked the hotel just a night before and still got a good deal! The hotel staff was very nice and gave us a great room on the ground floor. The room was clean, had a refrigerator( which we needed) and a coffee maker. There is AJ Spurs next door offering great steak for meat lovers and hotel guests get 10% off! It is not a fancy hotel, but decent, quiet and with good service. We enjoyed our stay there.
Other trip Feb 23, 2014
Hotel-critique
"wine traveler"
it was okay. I like my bed better. Walls are thin you can hear snoring in the next room.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
wine traveler
"Clean hotel,friendly staff."
My family and I enjoyed our hotel stay very much. Not only were the rooms decorated nicely, they were also exceptionally clean. The hotel staff members were friendly and attentive to our needs. I would recommend this hotel to others.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
Renee
We had a nice time for a last minute trip. The room was nice and reasonably priced. Only issue we had was shower water too hot, I know who thought anyone would complain about hot water. In fact if I had a choice between too hot or too cold I'd take hot anyday. To be fair we didn't mention the issue so it's really on us for not giving them the opportunity to fix. We'd stay there again.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Unexpected surprise"
Found the hotel late New Years Eve. Great rate, very comfortable and enjoyed the fireplace in the room.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013
Earl
"Pet friendly"
Very convenient location. Advertised continental breakfast included much more than the typical coffee, juice cereal and muffins was clean and well stocked. Pets are allowed on first floor rooms giving owners easy access for walks. Strengths-quiet Weakness- remote control for room temperature was tricky to figure out and blows cold air right at the bed Area to improve? Staff friendliness
4 night family trip Dec 26, 2013
"Good Hotel close to Pismo State Beach"
Nice spacious rooms, decent breakfast, all appliances in good condition, very clean overall. One issue I had was the side door to the building which was broken, which meant that pretty much everyone was able to walk into the building without any access control (and the access door was right next to my room door which made it even more of a concern). I did ask for a change of rooms but by the time the front desk responded I had already settled in so was not worth it any more. I am sure this must not be the way things are always and was more of a timing issue. Hotel staff were actually very nice overall though a bit more brush up on the local areas and restaurants would be helpful. Overall I would recommend this hotel for your visit to Pismo.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
PS
Nice stay, Breakfast area has lots of options but gets busy. Beds and rooms were comfortable and clean. Clean white linens on the bed each day. We felt very safe and secure there. Easy drive to the beaches.
Other trip Dec 30, 2013
Adam
"Fam getaway to Pismo"
Very good hotel
2 night family trip Nov 29, 2013
"Bad hotel, Avoid if possible"
Terrible rooms. Old property not well maintained. Leaking sprinklers and bathrooms
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
"THANKSGIVING STAY OVER"
FROM THE FIRST TIME I CALLED TO RECONFIRM OUR RESERVATIONS. EVERYONE WAS VERY POLITE AND KIND. I CALLED AGAIN THE DAY BEFORE TO SEE IF WE COULD GET A EARLY CHECK IN AND THEY WERE VERY HELPFUL. VERY FRIENDLY STAFF AT FRONT DESK. WE HAD A DOG WITH US AND THERE WAS PLENTY OF AREAS TO WALK HIM. ROOM WAS VERY CLEAN. IT WAS QUIET. WE WILL STAY THERE AGAIN NEXT YEAR.
Other trip Nov 30, 2013
LINDA
"Great time"
My stay was greta thnak you!
6 night business trip Nov 9, 2013
"Great for business or overnight stay"
First of all, the front desk staff was extremely friendly and accommodating during our stay. My girlfriend was not feeling well and they offered extra waters and anything else to make her more comfortable without even asking them to do so. The hotel is located just of 101 and was easy to get to, with plenty of free parking. The hotel itself is in fairly good condition, but there was a little bit of wear and tear evident in the bathroom with some sort of mold or mildew on the corners of the mat in the bathtub. Also the toilet had the public bathroom style seats with no lid, which I found strange. The room itself was very spacious with a comfortable lounge/chair, a decent balcony, and three types of labeled pillows which was very useful. The price seemed a little high for what (and where) this hotel is, but I slept well without any bothersome noise or distractions.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2013
Adam
"Close to the S101 Freeway."
We enjoyed our stay and it is a pet friendly place. We liked the restaurant right there on the sight.
1 night trip Oct 21, 2013
M Wright
"ok stay, that won't bring us back."
The room has been partially updated, but the materials used are sub par. No two light bulbs were the same and many of the lights were out. The AC/heater unit was from the 80s and the filter was missing. The gentleman working the front desk was smoking 5 feet from the entrance as we arrived. With all the options in the area, we have no need to try this hotel again.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
Ty T
"Great hotel, perfect location!"
This was our first time at this hotel and we had a great experience. The location was right off the freeway. Only minutes away from Pismo beach and a few miles away to the sunny Avila Beach. The hotel pool was warm enough to take a swim even on an overcast day. The breakfast was delicious, with plenty to choose from. We look forward to our future visits in the years to come.
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
"Holiday Inn Grover Beach"
We enjoyed our stay here. The hotel was easy to find from the freeway. The room was large and the bed was comfortable. The tub looked like it could use a better cleaning and the fan never came on in the bathroom, so it was like a steam bath after two showers. The area around the hotel is gorgeous, but the scenery from the hotel itself was nothing special. We stayed fri and sat of labor day weekend, which may explain why the rates seemed to be higher than they should have been. I intentionally picked this hotel thinking it would be nicer than others in the area, but for the price, I wasn't impressed. There was plenty of parking, and the breakfast was just OK. I would stay here again, but not for the price I paid this time.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
NS
"Dirty"
I couldn't touch the floor with my bare feet, the carpet had spots all over it, we were on the 1st floor of three, all I could smell out side the room was mildew. Last Is the a/c that didn't work! Didn't find that out till about two in the morning.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2013
PissedoffChristoff
"Girls weekend"
I brought my aunt and sister down to Pismo for a weekend getaway and we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Grover Beach and had a great time. The room was clean, decorated nicely but it was missing a screen in a window and the air conditioning didn't work well. The staff was friendly & provided us with extra towels and more regular coffee in exchange for the decaf at our request. Continental breakfast was outstanding, no need to go to a restaurant for breakfast at all...it's right there for you.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Tina
"Nice hotel and close to the beach"
Hotel was amazing gas I checked staff wasn't as friendly and couldn't help me morning staff was amazing room was a little to stuffy
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Hotel was terrible. Noisy, dirty, and the ac didn't work and they couldn't fix it. Also heat lamp was stuck on in the bathroom. I will never stay there again!!
2 night family trip Aug 16, 2013
Andy
"Functional for a night, no more"
Noisy location, rooms tired, beds very uncomfortable. Included breakfast good as was the attached resturant AJ Spurs.
3 night family trip Aug 14, 2013
"Able to get a last minute reservation."
This was a nice location for an overnight after riding ATVs at Grover Beach.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
"Balconies"
We were pleasantly surprised to find a balcony. We will often pay more for a hotel just to have a balcony so we can let in fresh air and go out for a bit to enjoy being outside while still in pjs. We also loved that it was in the same parking lot as AJ Spurs. Great dinner fantastic service. The breakfast area does need to be larger. We ate on a Monday morning and it was packed.
1 night family trip Aug 11, 2013
Crystal
"Good service, but dated hotel."
The hotel staff were friendly and nice. The rooms were clean and the complimentary breakfast was good. The hotel needs some updating and repair. Our room door was difficult to open and would stick. The pillows were clean, but lumpy (need new ones). The ice machine was not working in our building so we had to go to another building for ice. The jacuzzi did not work and the grounds surrounding the pool area was not well maintained and unappealing to the eye.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Not worth it!"
The room smelled musty and the hallways smelled like smoke.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Not impressed"
The hotel is pricey & it's not that nice hotel , I should have stayed on the beach front hotel which has the same price.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013