All hotels in Davis, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1771 Research Park Dr, Davis, CA, 95616, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"Great Stay for Meetings!"
This is a great place to stay for the price! Since I was in meetings all day, I was happy to come back to my room each night to comfort and quiet. Front desk is helpful and cheerful. I hate it when the staff is grumpy! I wouldn't plan on a swim unless you like cold water, but the hot tub is fine. Book it!
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
V
"business trip"
Have stayed here before. Good base for Sacramento sales trip. We travel with pet on sales trips. Zero problems. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
frostwedge
"Good place yo stay"
La Quinta properties always seem dark to me.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to UC Davis"
Nice hotel. Staff was very friendly and so helpful. Had a good talk with a gentlemen that worked the front desk. He was extremely helpful and very knowledgable about Davis and the surrounding area. I enjoyed our conversation. Made this mom feel more at ease should my daughter decide to attend this university.
Other trip May 28, 2014
"Nice hotel to close UCDavis"
The staff there is nice, and their decoration is several generations of bike. A fun place
Other trip May 25, 2014
Wayne
"Great place to stay for UC Davis grad parents!"
Great location-easy to find for freeway and walking distance to downtown Davis (probably about 1/2 to 1 mile).
Other trip May 24, 2014
"I enjoyed my stay"
Great room, friendly staff, good food. Downtown Davis nearby,very good experience..
Other trip May 3, 2014
Eugene
"Good Value"
The room was very clean and the hotel was in a perfect location for what we needed. The free breakfast was good and the staff was very friendly. I would stay here again...
1 night business trip Apr 15, 2014
I was very pleased with how friendly the woman at the front desk was. She was also very helpful. The beds were comfortable, the room and bathroom seemed clean. We didn't spend much time in the room so I didn't pay much attention to anything besides the bed. The only complaint I had was this weird screeching noise when we turned on the shower. It went away after a minute or so, though. (We were on the 3rd floor, I can't remember the room number) Also, the AC didn't work THAT well. I woke up in the middle of the night because it was hot but it wouldn't let me lower the temperature anymore. We went to visit a friend and our hotel was less than a mile away from his place so it was a good location for us. I would stay here again. Oh and apparently the ice machine was on the 1st floor so that's a little inconvenient if you're on the 2nd or 3rd floor. We didn't go get ice because we didn't want to walk that far.
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2014
Lydia
"Perfect"
No complaints. Great, upbeat front desk staff.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Dirty sheets"
Pretty nice place to stay. Definitely a good distance from downtown Davis. The biggest downfall was the dirty sheets and towels that we asked to get changed... But ended up having to get it ourselves and redo our beds on our own.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Henry
"a good hotel to stay"
Overall my experience of 8-day stayings in the hotel is great. The complementary breakfast is not so good, though.
8 night trip Apr 2, 2014
"Accommodating staff"
Very friendly and accommodating staff. Let us switch rooms when noise (room was next to exit door) was an issue. Breakfast was good.
3 night trip Mar 24, 2014
"Will stay there again"
Overall it was a great place to stay, clean, comfortable and location for my needs. The staff I met was friendly and helpful when I wanted to change rooms because of the location. The 3 rating for condition was due to paint near elevator probably due to luggage hitting it, just general small things. The 4 for cleanliness was that there was coffee filter not emptied and one trash can had a couple papers left in it. The other 4 location is that there's nothing really near the hotel to speak of, IHOP Applebees and fast food thats it.
2 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
Pam
"Just a small place"
Being just off the interstate it was easy to find after a very long drive. The bed was confortable and the staff courteous. The breakfast was convienent to my needs and continentals with boiled eggs and waffle machines are always handy in saving me some travel money. The rooms were well isolated from each other so I didn't hear other guests unless they were right outside my door. Ammenities included a room fridge and coffee pot with the usual ironing board and hair dryer. There was a small convienience area with a soda machine and the ice machine worked just fine. AC was plenty to keep the room comfortable. Overall I would recomend this to a friend and intend to use this location again in the future.
4 night romance trip Mar 21, 2014
Vance
"College Visit"
Hotel was a good place to stay. Would stay there again.
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
The staff is outstanding!
3 night business trip Mar 18, 2014
"Great Hotel if you travel with pets!"
We arrived late at night, and were checked right in. They have great grounds for walking dogs, and keep the landscaped area very clean and green. The breakfast was fine, including a do it yourself waffle maker (Yum!) We would definitely come back again. Many people had dogs, but you rarely saw or heard them. The rooms are on the small side,but clean and comfortable.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"LA Quinta Inn - Davis"
Could be a better breakfast with more options with less sugar. Would be nice to allow the windows to be opened a crack or a few inches to allow for fresh air.
3 night trip Mar 10, 2014
"Would Not Stay Here Again"
I know not to expect too much of a cheaper hotel, but this was probably the worst one I've stayed at. The free breakfast was awful, with a few squashed croissants, hard boiled eggs and yogurt. The thermostat in our room was stuck at 80 degrees. The door into the adjoining room, blocked by a desk and painting as disguise, was a noise portal that made the crying baby next door sound like it was in our room. Someone else's food was in our refrigerator. There was no ice machine. All in all we got no sleep due to noise, virtually no breakfast, and were completely disappointed. If I have to stay in Davis again I will never stay at this hotel again!
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
"Excellent choice for business travelers"
Just visiting the campus. Really a very good value.
Other trip Mar 14, 2014
Clark
"An ok overnight"
The staff was very attentive and efficient. The room would have been more comfortable if it felt cleaner. Chipped paint, sticky doors and handles, etc. Breakfast was typical and unimpressive. I'd go elsewhere and pay less for about the same quality.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
mary
"Great Location When Visiting UC Davis"
A great location for visiting UC Davis to check out the college with a high school student or to stop by to see a currently enrolled student. The room was clean, well stocked and comfortable. The service was excellent and the breakfast provided each morning was adequate. There's an Applebee's right next door which had good food, but poor service.
2 night trip Mar 7, 2014
"Pleasant and restfulo"
Even though the hotel is close to the freeway, we were given the option of having a room on the other side which was helpful. Appreciated the view of the green field and in the distance snow-covered mountains. Room was very comfortable and met our needs.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Jane
"Very convenient - still - on the highway"
Overall - definitely ok for the level of the hotel. Personally I am sensitive to noises so I found the highway noise as a small minus.
1 night business trip Mar 6, 2014
RS
"Good for the price"
Our room was clean, if a bit small. Nice staff, mediocre breakfast selection. Could not hear any neighbors with fan and sound machine on. Pet friendly, which was good for us. Will stay here again. Spa was cozy but clean.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Well it was ok for one night..."
Location was perfect to visit our college student. But that was it. Room 216 Starting with the a/c - a sign on the thermostat saying it was controlled by the unit however no mention that you have to turn on the switch by the door to turn on the unit, which we discovered in the morning after melting all night. The beds - were comfortable except that the staff used flat sheets on the bottom which didn't even cover the whole mattress so we spent the night with our feet on bare mattress. The covers didn't stay on either because they weren't tucked in. Bathroom - not too bad except the shower squealed if you had it up all the way and the drain was super slow - ended a short shower in ankle deep water.
1 night trip Feb 16, 2014
"desperate need of remodel"
This hotel was very disapointing. I have stayed at other La Quinta's and none of them were in the condition of this one. The carpet was dirty and needed replacing. the place needs to be painted inside. The elevator had the most disgusting smell. I would never stay there again and would never recommend this place. La Quinta should be ashamed to be associated with this location.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Close, quiet and clean."
The LaQuinta at Davis was tidy and located conveniently near the downtown restaurants and shops as well as UC Davis.
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
Caroline
"Great service!"
I had to stay here while my dog had a procedure at UC Davis. The staff were very helpful and went above and beyond to help when my stay was extended. The room was ok, needs updating. But the bed was comfortable and that is important. The curtains were shear, so the room was super lit up in the morning, which I hate, but I'll trade that for a good bed any day! Little noise, and when the door of my first room had a problem locking, they moved me immediately. Lots of food and gas stations nearby too! Close to the campus if you have to go. The breakfast is very basic, but that is not why I stay at a hotel anyway, so no big deal for me. Great service, would definitely stay again!
Other trip Feb 12, 2014
"Visiting my daughter at UC Davis"
Happy that it's pet-friendly and close to UC Davis, where my daughter is attending. Carpeting was soggy and a little smelly from the rain. It was warm in the room and the thermostat on the fan didn't seem to work properly; the digital temperature reading kept going up instead of going down as it cooled the room. We were happy to be able to switch easily from a single king to a double queen room though. Nice and warm fireplace in lobby. Will stay here again the next time I visit.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Great staff. A little run down.
1 night business trip Feb 6, 2014
"good location, easy to find"
The hotel staff was very friendly and efficient. The check in process was easy and uncomplicated. Our original reservation had to be cancelled due to sever weather and a new reservation had to be made. There was a complete refund on the original reservation. The subsequent reservation price for the same room was less than the first reservation. Expedia does what it claims in their adds - they provide the best rooms for the best prices.
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
"Great Staff"
Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was great.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2014
"Would Stay Again"
I would stay here again. The accessible room was very clean and convenient for me. The bed and shower were especially good, and I liked having a microwave and fridge, although the latter was noisy, as was the heater. The greatest inconveniences were the lack of water pressure in the bathroom sink and the shortage of breakfast items on Sunday morning.
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Grandma
"Vist to UC davis"
Nothing special but good value. Breakfast a bit lacking could have used sausages or warm eggs
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
karen
"Clean and comfortable"
The hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was nice and accommodating. The breakfast was good with fresh fruit and freshly brewed coffee. All the rooms had a microwave and a mini fridge which was nice to help cut down on eating out. I thought it was a great deal for the price. If you are looking for an affordable and conveniently located place to stay in Davis, I would highly recommend this hotel.
3 night trip Dec 16, 2013
"find someplace better"
This hotel is in need of a renovation. The carpets are dirty and stained. The walls are in need of a fresh coat of paint. The hotel had a smell of dank covered over by household cleaners. The hotel is isolated so there is really nowhere to walk. And the breakfast area is basically the lobby. I know La Quinta is a budget choice, but i would expect better in terms of cleanliness, upkeep, etc. The staff tried hard, but the owners need to invest in some updates.
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2013
"Adequate only, but good rate"
I booked here because the rate was so good, and it was adequate for the price. However, I wouldn't stay again. A few things contributing to my lower rating... The bathroom wasn't completely clean (hairs on the floor). Everything felt like it was the cheapest possible, for example, the toilet paper was thin and rough, the towels were small, thin, and had a slight odor, and the bed was advertised as a pillowtop, but wasn't especially comfortable. The service was good. When we got to our room, the door to the bathroom was locked and someone came up immediately to take care of it. There wasn't a blow dryer in the room so we called to request one and it was there quickly. Everyone was friendly as well.
1 night trip Nov 26, 2013
"Nice and Clean"
One of my preferred La Quinta's to stay in. More up-to-date and very clean with a decent breakfast. Very friendly staff and no pet fee as always makes this one of my first choices for a mid-priced hotel.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
"comfortable and convenient"
My husband and I stayed one night at the La Quinta hotel. Our room was good sized. The king bed was just the right firmness/softness. There were many breakfast choices; 4 kinds of cold cereal, yogurt, boiled eggs, make-it-yourself waffles, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, 2 kinds of juices, milk, instant oatmeal, sweet rolls, bagels, breads and 2 kinds of fruit. The room had a nice flat screen TV and the usual ironing items, a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We would stay again.
1 night trip Dec 6, 2013
I just went to UC davis to visit my girlfriend and they provide a good shelter to me in this cold day
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Lawrence
They ran the wrong card , which irritated me. But everything else was great.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2013
"I would definitely stay again."
The hotel is a newer building or newly renovated, either way I was very please for the value. We used it strictly for somewhere to sleep in between San Francisco, Davis and then back home. If my daughter decides to go to UC Davis then I will be using them again for sure.
Other trip Nov 21, 2013
average. ok for the price
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
shelly
"clean and comfortable"
and quiet -- which was very welcome after a couple of days on the road. This property seems well-managed, with cheerful and helpful staff. No snags here. A short drive from downtown Davis, which I found charming -- lots of good restaurants, both chain and indie.
1 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
John TJ
"Exceptional Staff and Extremely Clean"
This was one of the cleanest hotels that I have ever stayed at, which includes hotels such as the Marriott and Wyndham. The staff was exceptional - even when off duty. I was walking my dog on the grounds and a young manager was driving out of the parking lot (after a long day at work), he stopped to ask if I had received my extra blanket and if everything was satisfactory. The entire staff was polite and courteous. I highly recommend this hotel! I chose it because it allowed pets and my puppy was to have surgery at UC Davis - I was also pleasantly surprised when I learned that pets incurred no extra charge. If I ever need to go back to Davis, CA - this is where I will stay!
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"Decent hotel"
Have stayed at this hotel twice. Second time was much better. Staff was more pleasent.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
christian
I've ended up staying at here twice now, and have been more than both times. It's not a luxury hotel, of course, but it is an excellent option in its market segment. All of the staff I have dealt with have been great - friendly and eager to help. The rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable. You may be disappointed if you expect a full buffet for breakfast, but I found the breakfast just fine. The hotel is just across I-80 from central Davis and the university, so its location is as convenient as any hotel that is not in the center.
Other trip Nov 2, 2013
Very polite employees, clean room, good location. Thanks~
1 night business trip Oct 24, 2013