All hotels in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Great pool
    Good internet service
    Breakfast is average
"key card malfunctions"
We had two rooms for three nights. On both nights 2 & 3 we had to go to the office to get our key cards corrected, and there was no apology for the inconvenience. The last time we stayed there, this happened one night as well (tho that time there was an apology).
3 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Limited cable channels"
The cable channels were very limited, many channels were unavailable even for basic cable... Scrolling to find an available channel was very annoying. The hotel and its surroundings were very clean and the kitchenette in the room was excellent.
2 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
"Good convenient and comfortable accommodation"
This hotel has a small dining room in my room. So it is very convenient for cook, especially it is good for family. The price is also fairly well saticefied compared to nearby other hotels.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Jooyoung
"Not Bad"
It was OK
5 night family trip Nov 14, 2014
Seyed Ali
"Fit The Bill"
Great Value and was satisfactory in most areas. Didn't want to spend a fortune in town and this fit the bill. Would stay again. Easy access to most places.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
"Convenient Value Priced Alternative to Downtown"
I stayed here over a weekend. The hotel is conveniently located on Capilano Rd just north of Marine Dr, giving you easy access to downtown via the Lions Gate Bridge, to Horseshoe Bay/Whistler, and to the Fraser Valley. Its location also gives you the option of using buses and SeaBus to get around the Lower Mainland. That convenient access does mean though that there is quite a bit of traffic noise and especially from my room, which was adjacent to Capilano Rd. However at night the traffic is a lot less and that did not keep me from sleeping well. The room itself was very comfortable as was the bedding. A couple of complaints: 1. The room looked clean but on closer inspection you can see where the housekeeping was careless. On my second night I found a chicken bone between the bed and the nightstand, and as I did not eat any food in my room I knew it had to be from a previous guest. Also, I had left a partially full water glass in the bathroom and it was still there when I got back that evening, though the towels were replaced. 2. The WiFi was very inconsistent and frequently dropped out.
3 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2014
"Fulfills the objective"
I stayed there a couple of nights while visiting someone in West Van It is not a luxury hotel (actually it is a motel, not a hotel) but it was convenient and well run
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Comfortable hotel in North Van."
Fine basic hotel, good breakfasts, excellent housekeeping, friendly front counter staff, had the feel of being in the forest even though it was in town.
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Alan
"Stayed at Hotel before flight home to U.K."
The Staff were very friendly and helpfull. My room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very enjoyable with a good choice. My friends and i stayed for two nights.
2 night trip with friends Oct 19, 2014
Sandra
"Wonderful staff and excellent value for money"
My husband and I were travelling with a good friend of ours who has a disability. We were delighted that the person on reception was, more than helpful with our situation. He was wonderful. We got ground floor rooms next to each other and adjacent to the dining room, which made our stay very comfortable and convenient for our dear friend. Our rooms were lovely, spotlessly clean with comfortable beds. Just after we got to our rooms the man on reception called to check if we were comfortable and had everything we needed. We can't speak highly enough of the excellent service the staff gave us. We will definitely make this our place to stay in Vancouver from now on. The location is good. The rooms are spacious, have all been recently refurbished, and have tea and coffee, iron and board and hair dryer. The towels and bed linen were very nice, soft and comfy. Breakfast was way above average with cereal,fruit, sausage, eggs, hash browns and more. All this and at a very reasonable price. This place is a little treasure.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2014
Lynne
Good value for the price. Clean, close to downtown and the ferry.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
yammer
"Exceptionally friendly service."
We could not have asked for more friendly service and help than we received from the desk clerks during the three days we spent at the hotel. Very nice hotel.
3 night romance trip Sep 22, 2014
Ronald
"Good 2 star hotel just to crash at night"
The hotel was decent but the room does smell and does need renovation. It just feels a little dirty to stay with family. But if you just need a place to crash for the night it definitely is a good place. The breakfast spread is really nice. The location is perfect especially if you plan to do Grouse Mountain.
1 night family trip Sep 29, 2014
Rosh
"Very enjoyable"
I was pleased with our stay here. Everything worked, room was clean, beds were comfortable, room was spacious, people staying next to us were kind of noisy, but nothing I could really do about that. The hotel was a little out of the way from the things we wanted to do, but we had a car rental so it wasn't too much of an issue. I would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2014
"right where we needed it to be"
I slept well even though the room we had was closest to the road and there was definitely road noise. The place was clean and well maintained but not above average in any way.
2 night trip with friends Sep 8, 2014
"Capilano"
We chose this hotel for its proximity to Capilano Park, very nice for the price, very helpful staff. The ad for the hotel mentioned a shuttle from the cruise terminal and airport, neither was available.
1 night trip with friends Sep 15, 2014
Grammy
We used this hotel to only stay our nights as we were busy all though the day. The hotel has the basics for comfort. The worst arrangement was the breakfast each morning where we got little or nothing. The service was poor - understaffed, although the workers worked hard it was not possible to handle the service. The management needs to look at improving the flow and having adequate staffing and provisions for the breakfast. Being full (near 100% occupancy) is not an excuse but rather a reason to provide with better service.
3 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Joe Fernandes
"It is what I expected for the price"
Couldn't find a room I could afford in downtown Vancouver BC, so this had to do. I've stayed here before and they have renovated the property a bit. It was nice to have a swimming pool, however it is small. Didn't like crossing the Lions Gate Bridge morning and evening during rush hour but it worked out. Nothing to do around the immediate area of this hotel however it is close to a bus line and a Denny's is within walking distance. Biggest complaint is the morning breakfast which we were forced to eat at outdoor tables with very large crows starring us down and waiting for their share of our breakfast. Took my plate to my room.
3 night business trip Sep 9, 2014
pwarner
"basically what you would expect at this price rang"
basically what you would expect at this price range. room basic, but clean. breakfast not too great. customer service good. Not too many stores and restaurants around vicinity. Good place for bicycling and accessing some tourist areas in the area.
2 night family trip Sep 7, 2014
Adequate, motel shows age. Convenient location. Bathrooms VERY small. A good value for the area.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Close to thecenter & hilltops of metro Vancouver"
The staff was fairly responsive, but they were reacting to no hot water for the folks in the next hotel room. The hotel wifi was weak to non-existent, depending on which room we were in. The rooms were fairly large, wider than the standard motel rooms that we became accustomed to.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Very nice hotel. Would stay again."
Clean, comfortable room with coffee maker, frig and microwave. Very helpful staff. Lots of good advice about the bus system; even sold us the bus tickets. About 10 - 15 minutes to downtown by bus. Good breakfast included: hot eggs, sausage, potatoes, pancakes, plus the usual cold items. Food is removed promptly at 9:30am. Two story hotel; no elevator. We would choose this hotel again for our next visit to Vancouver.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
Big Tedd
"Closent hotel to Capilano Suspension bridge."
Good location if you're going to Grose Mountain & Capilano Suspension bridge park.
Other trip Aug 28, 2014
Yvie
"would recommend this hotel to everyone"
The staff, the location, the service, the cleanliness, and quality of service was all to our liking. The only problem we had was the pool was closed for maintenance on our last day there, but that is probably to be expected in almost any hotel.
4 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"very convenient, great price"
The room wwas large (suite), clean and it it had a nice full breakfast - all exceeded my expectations. Bus stop to downtown on the corner, 10 minutes direct to downtown. Helpful, friendly desk staff. Definitely would stay again.
2 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
Staff were so helpful. Will stay again.
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Guest, We are always happy to hear such high remarks of our hospitality staff. We wish you all the best. Sincerely, Steven
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
"Great location but hotel room not satisfied"
The location was great but my stay was bad because they were remodelling a room next door. So, it was noisy. They did not change my room.
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. As we are a growing business, our rooms must be kept up in condition for our guests to use. Due to the high season, we regrettably were unable to change your room. Sincerely, Steven
3 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"A VERY pleasant surprise."
The online hotel price was lower than the others I saw listed in the area. Once booked, I had second thoughts and was afraid that we would be in a dump but what a pleasant surprise. The staff was super helpful. The room was very clean and had everything we needed. The internet service was good and so was the breakfast.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
Carole
All the useful amenities were good will come back again
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Brent, Thank you for your review and we'll see you during your next stay here! Sincerely, Steven
6 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Brent Maldonado
"Great Value & Location"
Great value for the price! Free breakfast, parking and pool. Centrally located and clean. Would stay here again! Also Free Local Phone Calls.
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Souza, Thank you for your most excellent review! We are happy to hear that our hard work is paying off. We wish you all the best and hope that you will come book with again during your next trip! Sincerely, Steven
2 night trip Jul 27, 2014
I was so upset with my stay at North Vancouver Hotel on July 15(Tuesday) at 6:15 in the morning. I came to the lobby or office, and I asked if there was a hot coffee available that morning, he said, "No," so I thought it was still early. I, then, asked if I can stay in the lobby, or just walk around the lobby, and he said NO you go outside the lobby and I'm busy. I don't know if he was being racist because I look Asian or he looked at me like I was a beggar or bad person; he did not treat me as a customer, I told him I'm a member of AAA, the name of the front desk attendant that time was Karin or Karim but he did not say his last name, I think he is from middle east or India. He told me that he was the manager and owner of the hotel. My stay was a nightmare experience.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2014
Danilo B
"Close to Capilano Bridge"
It was OK. Breakfast was tasty for a hotel breakfast. Pool was clean.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Puff
"Ripped off!!"
I am not sure if I was ripped off by The North Vancouver Hotel or by Hotels.com! I agreed to a non-refundable rate of about $100 a night on the Hotels.com website and then discovered fees that increased the price by 33%. Hotels.com said there was nothing they could do because the rate was non-refundable and that they had no control over the fees the Hotel charged. They refused to give me my money back and cancel the booking even though the "fees" were not visible when I made the decision. The supervisor could not even tell me what the fees were for! I will use neither again! That aside, the motel has an excellent location and a relatively nice room.
2 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Mike Miller
"A GREAT PLACE TO STAY"
I stayed there three days and it is always a convenient place to stay. Close access to Vancouver and Trans-Canada 1. Rooms are quiet and comfortable. Internet works fine and. is free. Free breakfast from 06:30 to 09:30. Fr.ee newspaper
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Phil
Great. I'd stay again.
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Daniel, Thank you for reviewing us! We hope that you'll stay with us again soon! Sincerely, Timothy Tang Marketing Coordinator
2 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
"Not as good as reviews say"
We were disappointed. After reading so many good ratings we were diss appointed and wouldn't come back again.
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Dawn, Thank you for rating us. We are sorry that you did not find your accommodations to your satisfaction. Sincerely, Timothy Tang Marketing Coordinator
1 night trip Jun 24, 2014
"Great for the price"
Stayed here for six nights with a family of four. We booked two rooms. In one of the rooms, our telephone didn't work. We also didn't have a "Do not disturb" tag for our door. I hand-wrote a "do not disturb" sign and was glad to see a standard tag on the door when we returned to our room. House keeping was very friendly. A refrigerator and microwave was provided in both rooms. The beds were comfy. Breakfast vouchers were provided until the end of our stay. Great for the price!
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Jackie, Thank you for taking the time to write about us. We apologize that there were a few hiccups in our service but are glad that you found our hotel to your liking despite the inconveniences! We hope to see you the next time you head up beyond the 49th! Sincerely, Timothy Tang Marketing Coordinator
6 night family trip Jun 4, 2014
Jackie
"Good Value for the Loonies"
A very pleasant motel-style hotel. Hotels.com's price was attractive for our 3-nite stay. Located in immediate suburb of Vancouver, a 15-30 minute door-to-door trip to downtown depending on mode of transport. Convenient for us since we planned to spend time in town and north of town, enjoying beautiful outdoors and scenery north of Vancouver. Front desk was helpful and housekeeping even washed our dishes!
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Jon, Thank you reviewing us! We are glad that you found a good price for your stay. We hope that you will choose us again for your next stay in Vancouver. Sincerely, Timothy Tang Marketing Coordinator
3 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"2 night stay"
Stayed here to visit the sites in Vancouver. I felt like it was a great location. It was a little tough trying to get across the bridge but basically it was an easy commute. The rooms were very comfortable, breakfast was very good and also a good variety. I would recommend for anyone to stay here. Oh, almost forgot...the rates were very reasonable.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Close to several Vancouver attractions"
Close to Grouse Mountain, Stanley Park, Capilano Suspension Bridge. Enjoyed our stay. Breakfast options are great as well.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Nice place ,"
Good location , free breakfast , free parking , good budget compare to other hotel .
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Khanh
"Room was not clean"
loacation is very good but rooms were not cleaned
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
prasahnt sharma
"Convenience in vancouver ."
Nothing fancy, boy comfortable and convenient to area attractions
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
tj
Good value. Older property that seems to be in constant stae of remodeling. Nice breakfast selection. Not too many decent restaurants nearby. You need to drive a ways for food selection.
3 night family trip May 20, 2014
DavidW
"Nice hotel near Caplilano Suspension Bridge"
Great price, bed was comfy for me, breakfast in the am, close to Capilano Park, free parking, even a free bottle of water!
Other trip May 29, 2014
"Stay before cruise ship"
The Hotel itself was very good. Impressed with hot breakfast and variety of food. Bed was comfortable. Close to public transportation and some restaurants within walking distance. My only complaint is no regular airport shuttle, only goes out once a day and cruise shuttle is the same, only on certain days. Had to pay over $50 dollars each way for service to hotel and to cruise ship terminal. Would have been better off paying that extra money for downtown hotel near Canada Place and saved the aggravation. Call hotel before leaving and let them know of your arrival, they are not available upon request as stated for airport pickups.
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Rose, Thank you for writing this review. We are glad that you found your accommodations to your liking. To clarify the airport shuttle service: it is done through a local taxi company and they charge a flat fee for our hotel rather than going by the meter. We apologize for the confusion and hope that your trip was a great one. Sincerely,
2 night trip May 14, 2014
Rose Y.
Well located, reasonably comfortable, clean, friendly staff, very good breakfast buffet (especially the pastries), don't look for any luxury here. Dated furnishings and décor, Exterior needs painting. Good stay for a night or two. Good value.
Response by North Vancouver Hotel
Dear Fred, Thank you for your kind review! We are glad that you enjoyed our breakfast. We hope to host you again in the future. Sincerely,
2 night family trip May 17, 2014
Fred
good location near suspension bridge, close to park and downtown, also the breakfast was excellent with eggs, sassage links and hash brown.. coffee and cerial not bad for free complimantary breakfast
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Average"
I was disappointed that they didn't know how to turn on Closed caption tv. They took out cable for the box with many channel into tv with few channel. They should not be on Expedia if they cant please their customer.
Other trip May 4, 2014
"Would stay here again"
This was a very nice hotel. Despite reviews I read regarding the management, I thought both the staff and management were friendly and courteous. The hotel is well maintained and very clean. The room I stayed in was very comfortable. The website gives an option for different rooms with options like continental breakfast or no fee cancellation. If this is a special deal, customers expect a good breakfast selection. Unfortunately, I would've rated the hotel higher if the breakfast was better. There were lots of choices, but flavor and quality was minimal. My suggestion.. Cut down on the number of choices you put out, and offer a more simpler breakfast but better quality. Breakfast of course is not the reason you stay at a hotel. I rate it a 4 because it is located close to everything. Stanley Park, Grandview Island, Downtown, Suspension Bridge Park. And it is comfortable, clean and what appeared to be in a safe neighborhood.
2 night family trip Apr 22, 2014