All hotels in Tarboro, North Carolina, United States of America

Breakfast is average
    Quite clean
    Decent vibe
"miserable stay"
The worst hotel I've ever stayed in big holes in the wall dusty smell rug dirty management terrible
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
"Probably should pass this one by."
We were in town for a baseball tournament and stayed here two nights. Room was reasonably clean. Bathroom could have used more attention. Little things like dirt/mold/mildew all around where the wall tile and floor met. The pastries on the breakfast bar were way past "day old" on Saturday morning and they were still out on Sunday morning. The egg patties and sausages were pitiful both days. One morning had a waffle and went to 7/11 the other.
2 night romance trip Nov 6, 2015
"out dated and nasty"
The room we checked into the tolit was not cleaned at all they put us in another room which didn't have a working smoke detector ice bucket had mold in it tv and its stand had viable dust on it i wilk never stay a a comfort inn again my wife slept in her clothes absolutely horrible.
1 night family trip Nov 7, 2015
Not a very clean environment. Sheets had holes in them, whole floor smelled, and everything just seemed old and beat down.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
"Family reunion"
I stayed here last for a family reunion since it was the closest hotel. I enjoyed my stay, however, the needed to be cleaned and I had to keep going to the front desk for them to reset my key. They are improving but they need a little bit more help.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Keir
"basic"
This hotel has dated furishings and only the basic amenities. It is plagued by worn out equipment. Their computers were down frequently, twice when i called to inquire about our rooms and again when we checked in.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"left in the dark"
Staff was slow to help. They blamed the non functioning computer system. We booked a block of rooms. One had a bad light bulb in the bathroom, but it was not replaced during our stay.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Under renovations"
Needs an accurate television channel listing for the room. Hotel currently undergoing renovations....
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
"Horrible Room"
Horrible Hotel. The shower had an hole in it. The room didn't feel clean. An ironing board was up in the room and couldn't "go down". The toilet needed replacing. Wouldn't stay there again!
1 night business trip May 2, 2015
Sandra
"It was alright."
Hotel is dated, and furniture has a lot of ware n tare. Not many hotels in tarboro, and the best western was booked. so it was ok for a night or two. Breakfast was better than the best western. The room was clean, and the bed was nice. The outside was trashy. Need to get someone to work on outside ground clean up, like pick up trash, and empty trash cans. There was also a baseball tournament staying there, and the parents were drunk in the lounge area, and letting the kids run wild inside, and out. We complain a few times about the noise, and the desk clerk didn't seem to do much. I might have been out of control with so many bad parents, and children on board.
Other trip May 5, 2015
LJ
"I was not very happy with the room."
The hotel was ok but the room carpet was filthy, the dresser was missing handler. The toilet seat was painted over. I was very displeased with the room I was assigned to. I frequently stay at comfort Inn ,this stay wasn't good at all. The staff wasn't that friendly at all.
4 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
Jerome
"Blizzardy night"
Needed a place to stay with little advance notice. The place was clean, quiet, (warm) and comfortable; staff was pleasant. Not fancy, fancy wasn't what I sought.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Ben
"Nice stay."
We were in the area for two days. It was nice to come back to this Comfort Inn at the end of the day. We especially enjoyed the breakfast.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Hello, I'm here!"
Needed much earned rest after 12 hour drive from Maine. Never have encountered such impersonal check in and service from front desk.....like no one was there. Bathroom was clean,but moved a floor lamp for better light,dust, dirt and debris in its place. Would not stay again. Christmas tree in lobby was lovely.
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
brian
"hotel staff very friendly"
Hotel staff was better then the hotel..
1 night business trip Dec 23, 2014
"convenient to ECU for college visit"
Room was clean, breakfast was great(love those waffles) and the bed comfortable. Front desk personnel were efficient and cordial. So was the breakfast crew. A great stay!
1 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Ed
""Disgusting"!!!"
I'm not one who complains but I was very disappointed in the cleanliness of room & service although hotel was full due to ECU &UNC game still no excuse.No iron in the room took hours for staff to find one & continential breakfast was horrible cold & dried up.I went to breakfast at 6:30am early very disappointed.I would not recommend to anyone to stay there not even a last resort.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
A.J.
"Family reunion"
It was a great hotel for my fiancé family reunion. The location was great. The hotel staff was great and friendly.
2 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Keir
This was my 1st stay at this particular Comfort Inn. I was impressed with the comfort of the room & the little, but considerate extra (offered you a choice of "hard" or "soft" pillows. We will definitely make an effort to book reservations at this Comfort Inn location the next time we are am in the area.
Other trip May 27, 2014
Hotel had terrible odor. Need to shampoo carpets and thoroughly clean all rooms. I was very disappointed during this stay. Had to purchase air freshener.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
We have stayed here before. Great location. Good stay for the price.
2 night trip Dec 24, 2013
JT
"Great one night stay on Christmas"
Clean, quite and economical room and staff were great to my wife and I. Breakfast was also great with many and varied options.
Other trip Dec 27, 2013
Retired travele
Disappointed because I was not aware that it was a smoking room and no other rooms were available. The staff was nothing but nice! Southern hospitality at its best!!!!!
1 night trip Sep 13, 2013
"Parent's Weekend Hotel Stay"
My wife and I were looking to visit my daughter at East Carolina Univ. for Parent's Weekend. All of the local hotels were booked so we ended up at the Comfort Inn in Tarboro, NC. The customer services was lacking and the overall cleanliness was below what was expected. I do not know if the hotel is smoke free, but the hallways and our non-smoking room certainly had a smoke order to them. In addition, what we first thought to be a worm in the corner of the room seemed to be a dried piece of pasta. Either way, it should not have been there. Finally, the sheets were stained which was a little disconcerting. We ended up only staying one night even though we pre-paid for two nights.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
"Fun once it cools down"
It was a good stay I only wish the staff had not turned off the AC following the departure of the previous guests. The 3rd floor on a 90 degree day gets toasty quickly, and then took the AC unit a few hours to catch up once I turned it on. Other than that everything was awesome. The sausages at breakfast were very good.
2 night trip Sep 13, 2013
Tommy
"Good Service, Messy Room"
Christine at the front desk was helpful after we found a stain on bed sheet and a wrapper in the couch cushions. Got moved to a new room next to pool and under stairwell. Hotel was loud. Lots of banging around and slamming of doors. We will not be staying again.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2013
"Stay in Rocky Mt"
If traveling to Tarboro for business, stay 15 minutes away in Rocky Mt.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2013
"Convenient Locaion"
Overall it was a good choice, but the carpet needs cleaning.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2013
"Nonsmoking room smelled like smoke"
Our nonsmoking room spelled like smoke, the bathroom was dirty and the beds uncomfortable.
Other trip May 13, 2013
2 night trip Feb 23, 2013
Other trip Feb 14, 2013

1 night business trip Dec 29, 2013

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn

"Should've stayed in Rocky Mount"
11/25/15 Allie B
This place was disgsting. I'm glad I brought sheets and blankets for our children. We were here from Friday to Sunday and not once was our room vacuumed. The first day they "cleaned" our room all they did was make up the beds and hang new towels. The trash wasn't even emptied. We won't make this mistake again. The Comfort Inn in Rocky Mount is MUCH better.
"Just average, not as good as other Choices"
11/10/15 John C Hampton, Virginia
Stayed here two nights for baseball tournament. Upon checking in had to listen to a spiel from the front desk clerk about what we couldn't do if the games were moved, if it rained, etc. ( she was probably just relaying info from her boss). The room was reasonably clean but the bathroom needed some attention, grungy floor, etc. A lot of rooms on the third floor (and second) are smoking and the odor just permeates the nonsmoking rooms around them. the breakfast items were not as good as other Choices. The pastries and baked good were "past their prime" but the same items were out Saturday and Sunday. Waffles were the best bet because they were made fresh. Finally went to 7/11 one day.
"Good place to spend the night"
10/23/15 OldManjack Hickory, North Carolina
When we first checked in, we found that the carpet in our room had just been shampooed and the room smelled musty. So the clerk upgraded us to a bigger and nicer room with no increase in the price. Incidentally, she automatically gave us the lowest price they offered when we checked in. I would have to say we were well taken care of. One big drawback to this motel is that it is located right in Tarboro, rather than out near the highway. The advantage of this is that there are several restaurants around. The disadvantage, of course, is traffic and all the other problems that come with an urban setting. Another drawback is that the front doors are not automatic, which makes it a little unwieldy getting suitcases in and out.
"The last place on earth"
10/19/15 sheritol50 Jacksonville, Fla.
The AC unit was visibly dirty, the pillowcases had yellowed with age, at their breakfast buffet there were only two people there at 7:30 in the morning one of which was my husband and the microwave was broken and he said the food was just not up to what it has been in the past, the walls in the room were very dark painted dark brown and there was a huge patched spot with white paint covering it just looked dirty bad choice of paint for the walls unfortunately, The floor was not even we felt like we were walking over tiny ant hills or something in front of both beds walking from the bathroom and last but not least when we open the door to the room it's smelled horrible- luckily I had ferbreeze and used most of it in the room
"Comfort inn"
09/06/15 Sabrina D Cedartown, Georgia
This hotle was great the bed are so comfy and thats one of the things I look for in hotels is how comfy the beds are. And the clerk lady was really nice and the rooms and bathrooms were big and they had nice furniture it the rooms they really make you fell like your at home and I ablosutely loved it.
"OK...only place I could find for a stopover"
08/27/15 gypsyiam asheville,nc
Late night driving and weary eyes...all hotels were booked up in Rocky Mount or way out of my price range. So found this hotel which was rather full too. It was Ok, carpet in big need of replacing, walls like paper and expensive for where it was.
"Inexpensive for a stopover"
07/28/15 Helen K The Villages, Florida
We stayed on our way to a beach rental on the Outer Banks. The room was large and bed comfortable. Included was a fridge and microwave. Breakfast was good and included waffles. Location is not the best but we didn't really venture out except for dinner.
"Poor is an understatement!"
07/20/15 David B
Had to stay here out of exhaustion. The desk clerk was okay. Got up to the room and the door was open. I had to check to make sure someone wasn't in there before my daughter could enter. The plaque on the wall at the front desk said this place got a 97% cleanliness rating. I think I got the room that was the 3%. There was stains on the walls and it was just gross. The carpet looked as if it hasn't been cleaned since it was installed. The bed was medium hard but that was to be expected. The air conditioner was gross and looked like it has never been cleaned. My daughter swears she felt something crawl across her during the night. The gym room was unkempt as well. Didn't even have the breakfast. Would never stay here again.
"disappointed"
04/16/15 michael p Northampton, Pennsylvania
air conditioner sounded like a jet taking off everytime it started up. two beds in room,one sheets were stained with black marks. good selection of fast food restaurants close by..breakfast wasn't worth the time or trouble.
"Unexpected Disappointment"
01/05/15 Jody O Lancaster, Pennsylvania
As a Gold Choice Privileges member, I have a good deal of loyalty to their brands and always search them out when possible. The Trip Advisor reviews are mixed, and as just a stopover for 1 night, I took a chance with this property. I want to be fair and say that they place wasn't horrible, but in my opinion, it doesn't deserve even an average rating. On the positive side, the room was clean enough and the desk agent who checked me in was friendly. On the positive side, the room had plenty of extra outlets for recharging phones, computers, etc. The bed was comfortable and, for a change, there was a real difference between what was labeled as a soft pillow versus what was labeled as a firm pillow, Also, the bathroom fan was very quiet! On the negative side, while the room was clean enough, it wasn't as clean as it could have been. I located trash on the tray with the coffee amenities. The bathroom mirror was streaky. Beyond cleanliness issues themselves, there were many ways that housekeeping fell short. The top bed throw was on 'inside out' (the tag was sticking out topside). The microwave still had seconds flashing remaining from the last guest who had used it. In the morning, I attempted to make coffee in the room to discover that the basket into which one puts the actual coffee was completely missing! Oh, the TV remote didn't work, either and the lamp between the beds had one bulb burned out! The ownership of this property is clearly not interested in investing in this property, and I'm a bit surprised that the franchise allows it to continue as one of it's hotels. All of the furniture was nicked and scuffed, there was no full-length mirror or additional mirror other than the one above the bathroom sink. In fact, there was a single piece of artwork hanging from any wall space! The toilet seat was scarred, there was no stopper in the sink, and there was inadequate lighting in the room. Plus, the room with 2 double beds, which could accommodate up to 4 people, had a small square table (no desk) and only one chair at the table. The hook on the bathroom door was obviously torn off and never replaced. The carpet at the room door where it meets the hall carpet was seriously frayed. Elevator tiles were cracked. The luggage rack carpet was very stained. Again, to me this shows an ownership that doesn't care and really makes me wonder if Choice Hotels wants its name on the property. (NOTE: I've come to expect this kind of experience at their Quality Inn products and never use them for that reason.) My stay was not enhanced by the service I received, either. Christine was friendly and did acknowledge my membership with a thank you, but she did not offer information on breakfast hours until I questioned, did not tell me I'd need a password for the internet nor point me in the direction of the elevator. The one thing she did tell me was that if the franchise sent me a survey, I would earn extra loyalty points for every "10" I gave them. This information was allegedly passed down from the manager, and I suspect that Choice Hotels has not resorted to that kind of bribery in order to get better survey ratings. The next morning, when I came through the lobby to begin packing up belongings in my car, the desk agent and breakfast attendant were standing together with their backs against the counter. The breakfast area was empty of guests, but I could very clearly hear them discussing some unhappiness with their jobs. When my car was packed after an additional trip, they were still standing in the same place, and I waited at the desk for 15-20 seconds before the agent began the walk to her station. Check -out wasn't 'unfriendly' but I did feel as though it was an inconvenience for her to stop her conversation and take care of the guest. The icing on the cake was, I had chosen to take a banana to go as my breakfast, got in my car and, while I was setting the GPS, peeled the banana. About halfway down, it was all brown and mushy. To other travelers...... if you are looking for a place to sleep and shower, go ahead and stay here. On the other hand, if you're looking for good service and a sense that you are cared about by the staff and the ownership, and having a pleasant stay versus and adequate stay, find another hotel!