All hotels in Farmington, Connecticut, United States of America

• Value for money
    Great amenities
    Comfortable
    Room is all right
Perfect location while visiting our family.
Response by Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that our hotel and location met your needs. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2016
Debbie
Room was empty of all amenities; if you wanted to get a drink of water you had to have a glass delivered to your room and that was difficult because you had to find the 1 person on duty for the entire hotel. Breakfast was a coffee urn and a couple of fruits the disappeared at exactly 9:30.
Other trip Jan 14, 2016
"Good for basic cheap stay"
OK for cheap stay. Not much in terms of amenities.
3 night business trip Jan 4, 2016
Christopher
"Bad smell"
An awful ammonia like smell permeated the room throughout the two nights stay. Flushing the room with outside air didn't help. Smelled like some kind of carpet or upholstery cleaning. Pretty soon I was coughing and had to keep the windows open through the night just to breathe. Even for a 2 star hotel, I expected a bit more. Certainly won't stay there again.
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
"Somking smell"
I didnt book for smoking room. I woke up with very bad smell at 5am even after went bed at 3 am.
Other trip Nov 21, 2015
nick
"Great hotel near Ucon"
Breakfast options could have been better...but overall a nice and clean hotel...staff were super helpful....
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2015
Sanjeev
"Mixed review"
We intended to stay at this Extended Day hotel for a week because the rate was reasonable for a room with supposedly an operational kitchen. We ended up staying only a single night because the kitchen was useless. Specifically, it was not stocked with basic utensils, plates, cups, glasses, and pans. To get those kitchen items, we discovered that we had to go to the front desk and carry all of the items we wanted to our room. Another problem we had with the hotel is that it allowed its guests to smoke in some of its rooms. We were told that those rooms were restricted to the third floor. Nevertheless, we observed a guest who was smoking on the hotel's second floor. Our room was clean and did not smell of smoke. Nevertheless, this Extended Day hotel is not for someone who is highly sensitive to cigarette smoke.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
"good stay in value"
reasonable price and qualities. Minimum amenities.
1 night business trip Sep 5, 2015
"good stay"
the front disk clerk was extemely pleasant and helpful
1 night trip with friends Aug 21, 2015
Arthur
not happy with this hotel. would not recommend for business travel. dissapointed hotels.com representative would recommend this hotel and booked a smoking room without telling me. All I could smell was smoke.
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2015
"Bad bed"
Your bed was like sleeping on the floor very bad for people that have bad back or just had surgery would not recommend and will not stay at any of hotel still in pain from your stiff beds
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
lillian
maid service was only once a week which I was not told about in advance had a kitchen but no coffee maker breakfast included was minimal I thought it was too expensive for what I got it was clean however
4 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
"Loved it. Felt Perfectly At Ease."
Great place to land, get work done, hang out. I like *not* having hotel staff in, cleaning & changing sheets every day, yet there if you need it. Morning breakfast bar was scarce but good for the grab and go crowd.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
"Not as expected"
For an extended stay hotel, there were no utensils in the room. Glad I was staying only one night and didn't need anything. Breakfast, was really only coffee and... Could have used more. Room was very clean and comfortable. Will stay again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
"Hotel needs to figure out how online reserv. work"
Checked in late. Front counter person insisted that I needed to be charged for the room. Even after I showed my hotels.com receipt showing that the room was paid for. Unfortunately due to heightened fraud security nowadays the card was put on hold(which I found out at the gas station the next day) since I had double charges at the same time.
1 night trip Jul 8, 2015
Nice & clean hotel. Good spot for the events that were being held at Veteran Stadium.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Daphne
"You get what you pay for"
Room is only made up once per week, you have to turn in linens and towels for fresh ones. For a one night stay maybe, anything longer go to a different hotel.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
"Convient to the hwy...."
Spent a very pleasant night after some dinner with friends.
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
"Was very last minute booking"
It was a very last minute booking so when I got in they had no non smoking queen beds left. They had given me a non smoking/handicap room. I offerd to change to smoking room as to leave handicap room open for a handicap person. This worked well for all.
Other trip Jun 25, 2015
"Price is the best feature"
Very mixed experience. Somehow wound up in a smoking room, which was the only thing available at the price I'd booked by the time I checked in, which was fairly late on my arrival day. Nonsmoking room at my rate was only available 24hrs later, so I put up with the smell for a night. The nonsmoking room, for my second two nights, had an air conditioner on its last legs, apparently limited to either "freezing" or "off" regardless of the temperature setting I selected, was super-loud when it was running, and I think was also the source of a fairly strong odor, reminiscent of mildew...still better than smoke. Also, the room was bare-bones: it would have bleen nice to at least have at least one of those little plastic-wrapped cups hotels tend to leave in the bathroom next to the soap and shampoo. Unfortunate smells and the clanking air conditioner aside, the hotel appeared scrupulously clean and the front-desk personnel and cleaning staff were all super-friendly. It is spartan and looks old. My overall impression is also helped by the fact I didn't spend much time in the room while I was awake. Critically, it was very cheap compared to the other major chain hotels in the area. This is probably a good destination if you're very sensitive to price, e.g. cheap and/or paying your own bill. If you're looking for creature comforts give it a miss.
Other trip Jun 15, 2015
Cheap and Tired
"Full kitchen, large room, helpful staff"
I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and size of the room for the price. A full kitchen including stove made cooking a breeze. Lots of room to work, good lighting, quiet and convenient location. Though a bit dated in decor, it was clean and the staff was helpful
Other trip Jun 12, 2015
Eva
"Just what we needed"
We stayed at this hotel twice in May (3 nights, 5 nights) while clearing out the apartment of a relative who moved to a nursing home ... our nice little suite was the perfect "home away from home" during this challenging task. It was very clean and comfortable, and having a full kitchen was a big bonus. I like the fact that you can request just the kitchen accessories you want—dishes, silverware, pots & pans, toaster, coffee maker, colander, dish drainer, etc.—and everything is delivered to your room, perfectly clean and wrapped in plastic bags. No frills here, but some good attention to detail—like magnets on the shower curtains to help keep the floor dry. Shampoo and soap is provided, and we brought our own toiletries. The staff was extremely nice, accommodating and helpful.
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
Sage
"Nice to have a kitchen"
For long stays, having a full kitchen is great. Good pillows. Free parking. Adds up to value.
Other trip May 14, 2015
"Bad service and ants"
If the hotel seems too good to be true, it's too good to be true. This place sucks.
5 night trip May 11, 2015
"Don't stay here"
I an NOT a fan of this new corporate self serve style hotel. I found a much better hotel less than a mile away for the same price.
3 night business trip Mar 24, 2015
"Good basic accommodation"
This is good basic accommodation in a desolate corner of New Britain. While it is set among deserted office buildings and run-down suburbs, the friendly efficient staff and workable facilities make it a good value choice.
3 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
Ian
Fantastic stay, Customer Service Tina was amazing and very polite.
Other trip May 7, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
This was our third time staying here and every time we are treated so well
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
AccMan
"everything nearby"
Being next to I-84 the hotel was in the center of all the places that I had to go to. The staff was excellent and very friendly. The room was spacious and set up very comfortable. The room was very clean when I arrived. Excellent bathroom and very clean. I used the a/c during the day and the heat night. No problems with either. For an average person like myself who travels 2-3 times a year this hotel is about the best. The price was more than fair.I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice hotel without spending a lot of money.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
jeff
"Right off the highway but didn't hear the highway."
Easy to make a reservation. Greeted when I walked thru the door. Also got a call about 1 hour later asking if everything was OK.
Other trip Apr 16, 2015
pennypicher
"Perfect overnight or 30 day stay"
Stayed for 2 days everything was very nice. They also offer smoking. Clean hotel , nice staff.
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
J
"Excellent Customer Service"
I was there on Tuesday March 17th. The young woman behind the counter (I believe her name was Colleen) was extremely friendly and very courteous. She was this way with every customer I saw her interacting with. She even called my room after settling in to see if everything was satisfactory. Excellent customer service skills.
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Kimberly
"Lacking technology"
No USB ports in the room to charge devices. Only one is on the TV andvthevtv must be in to use. I'm also all for enery efficiency but the bulbs in the room make it feel like you are in a hospital operating room. Room was clean and good for a short short stay.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2015
"Very nice stay!"
Great place to stay for a few says. I was there on business and stay 2 nights. Wonderful more then I can ask for at a very reasonable price. Room was clean plenty of clean towels and staff very friendly
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
steve
"enjoyable stay"
it was great
5 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Abhijit
"Not bad for the price."
Good for the money, nothing spectacular. Staff very helpful and friendly. Felt more hotel than homely. Overall an unremarkable stay.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Nice hotel but odd out of the way area"
The hotel is nice. Very fair price with decent quality rooms. Just a little out of the way and quiet area. But that can be good if you want that solitude. The actual map takes you a few blocks away and thought I went the wrong way. Driving past it to give up looking for it. Address say 1 and it's actually maybe 200 block.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Sean
"It was okay"
For the money we paid it okay. The only thing was the smell. My room had a smell like dirty socks. The room was very clean and the staff was very nice.
1 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
I booked this hotel to stay with a friend who was flying into Bradley to be close to my university, which was 10 minutes or so away. Great location for Connecticut - not too far from the airport, super close to West Farms Mall, where there's a lot of restaurants and shops in and around. A lot better, bigger, and nicer than expected for the price, which is very reasonable for what you're getting!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
melissa
"Adequate but over priced"
The staff was very pleasant. The accommodations seem aged/worn. I think it is overpriced
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
"Booked this hotel for hartford marathon"
I had a horrible experience at this hotel. My sister and I both have the same last name and we were both staying at Extended Stay the night before the Hartford Marathon. My sister arrived to the hotel hours before me, and they checked her into MY hotel room. They did not check her ID. Hours later, (when all of the rooms were already sold out) my boyfriend and I arrived to the hotel room. My sister already had set up all her stuff into OUR room. They did not have her reservation because EXPEDIA (who both my sister and I booked our hotel through) never sent her reservation to the hotel. My sister was on hold with Expedia for over 2 hours that night. They could not find a hotel room for her in the area because they were all booked (it was the night before the Hartford Marathon). So, my sister, my boyfriend and I all had to sleep in the same hotel room. My boyfriend slept on a RECLINER. They wouldn't even give us a cot for him. It's safe to say I will never book a hotel through Expedia again nor stay at Extended Stay. My sister got a refund through Expedia, but they REFUSED to give me one. Awful experience and AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL customer service.
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
Cathleen
"Practical"
Would definitely use again. Breakfast was sketchy.
Response by Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay with us overall. Still, please accept our apologies that the grab-and-go breakfast was not what you were looking for. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Extended Stay America - 1 night (REAL REVIEW)"
This place was fine but definitely not high quality. Fine for an extended stay. Kitchens come with no silverware, pans, plates, etc unless you ask. Might get a shampoo bottle but no conditioner. Definitely has a fair size room and the windows open allowing a cool autumn air to exchange the air in the room which was a little stale. The breakfast bar is barely that with coffee, granola bars, and some pre-packaged little muffins. The gym has some cardio equipment but that it all - no weights. The front desk was very helpful and easy to work with - the highlight of the stay!
1 night business trip Oct 6, 2014
"Don't stay, definitely not worth it."
Will never stay there again. The room was to small, noisy air conditioner, noisy refridgerater compressor, rough towels & breakfast was a joke. The sad part about this review is we had to stay in an extended stay in another state for six weeks & our experience there was great but not at the Farmington, CT location.
3 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Great place"
This was a great place to stay. Clean comfortable in a great location. The only issue that I encountered was the location was somewhat remote, and I couldn't use the internet for some reason. Other than that it was a great hotel.
1 night business trip Sep 6, 2014
"good location, reasonable and friendly"
We needed a longer term place to stay while getting our son set for boarding school nearby. It was very central, just off the freeway. Easy to get most anywhere. Staff friendly. Not deluxe but certainly just fine when you just need a good place to sleep.
4 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"last minute birthday plans"
I enjoyed my stay. I booked the day of my friend's birthday and it was great. Clean and quiet. Tina at the front desk was very helpful and welcoming. I would go back.
Response by Extended Stay America - Hartford - Farmington
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It is so rewarding to read that you had a fantastic stay with us. We are glad to read that your stay was comfortable and that our staff was very helpful. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
R
"Comfortable stay"
Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean for the most part; couch was stained but bathroom was very clean. Would recommend to friends/family.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
N L
"Great Value"
The room was very comfortable and well arranged with ample space. Clean and confortable. Properly priced for the value of accommodation.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
quiet setting which is pleasing after a loooonngg day
Other trip Jun 17, 2014