All hotels in Columbia, Missouri, United States of America
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here201 E Texas Ave, Columbia, MO, 65202, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9400

2.9
"One night while on a trip home from Colorafo"
Definetly needs remodeling. Breakfast consisted of stale cereal, mini buns, ice in milk , BUT the coffee was good Staff was pleasant You get what u pay for
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Bettyanne
"Iffy property; some things good, others very wrong"
Our stay at the Red Roof Inn was a mix of good and bad. Overall, the cost made it a most affordable stay. The lack of cleanliness with some things were offset by the most important (bed and bath) being clean. Breakfast was the most disappointing I've seen . . . ever . . .but I had prepared for little, so wasn't too thrown. Room was HOT upon arrival and took awhile to cool off after turning on A/C. Water faucet installed in reverse, producing cold water on left, hot on right. Bed provided a comfortable night's sleep. Know before you go to plan to turn air on and then go out and grab a bite to eat. Location of hotel seemed safe. People talking on cell phones and sitting around outside motel was a bit uncomfortable. Escorted my daughter and her friend everywhere they went to ensure their safety. Food was displayed nicely but very few choices, along with one cereal, but well stocked when I went down to see what was included.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Wendy S.
"Clean and inexpensive"
The location of the hotel couldn't have been better. Overall, the room was clean and budget-friendly.
1 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2014
Lindsay
Bed was hard shower had mold in it didn't come to clean room had a wierd smell
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Decent place w/weak coffee and toast"
along the way
1 night trip Aug 24, 2014
Mr David V.
"Not the place if it is a hot day!"
When we arrived we discovered they do not turn on the air conditioners in advance as a matter of policy - and it was a very hot day. After 45 minutes the room was still hot and the A/C was blowing luke-warm air so they agreed to give us a room that the A/C was already on. I got the impression if you book through Expedia they put you in a room that does not have the A/C on in advance so go someplace else on a warm day.
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Kabes
"Worst Hotel Ever - Won't Return"
I will never stay at this hotel again. I have stayed at Red Roof in other locations and been very satified. However, what they call clean is a bug infested, visible clumps of dust, dirty towel found behind the refrigerator, room that smelled like a sewer. Customer service was okay considering it was a heavy inflow of customers with only one person working the night shift. We were scheduled to stay for two nights but decided to just give the money away and left the hotel after the first night. This hotel could do with a makeover to include linen.
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Unhappy Customer
"Motel"
Room was average for price. WiFi was not available most times. Room had dank/sour smell.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
John & Rosemarie
"Better than okay hotel close to Highway 70"
I stayed in this hotel for only one night in order to attend a class reunion. The hotel was just off the highway and was one block away from the main street that I needed to use to get to my reunion. The room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was a little strange, to me, as the shower was not in a bathtub but was just at one end of the bathroom. There was a drain in the shower area and another drain in the middle of the bathroom floor. All turned out well. The continental breakfast was found in the minuscule entry to the hotel; I saw tiny muffins there as well as coffee. I had already eaten doughnuts that I had bought the night before in my foom. The admitting desk clerk was not unfriendly, but the desk clerk when I was checking out was very friendly.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Sid
"not terrible for what you pay for."
We stayed here while moving a long distance and just needed a place to sleep and that allowed cats. The room needed updating, but it was clean which is great when you only pay $50 for a room. The hotel staff was not very accommodating because they did not help us whatsoever because we didn't book through them.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
Natalie
"Great for the price"
I paid 50 for a weekend night.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
"Great Value"
I think this was very well priced room. Pleasant, clean, I would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Non-smoking room smelled of smoke and pets I went"
Horrible. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room which it was a non-smoking room but very strong odor of smoke and pets. I went and checked into another hotel.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Great location. Easy access to I-70."
Staff was very friendly. Room was OK. Carpet was stained and needed a cleaning.
Other trip Jul 24, 2014
Sandy
"Easy to find, clean, no problems"
I like motels where your car is right outside your door. The room had a microwave and fridge. TV was old, fat kind but worked fine. Just took up a lot of room on dresser. Bathroom was small but ok.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
"Mix of good and bad"
Desk Clerk was awesome. But I forgot my hairbrush and they didn't have a comb to help guests. Went to 7/11 and bought one for 75 cents. They should have basic grooming supplies on hand. Door to room was a mess. Broken, had to manipulate to shut and lock. Clerk advised, at check in, how to deal with broken door, should be fixed. Air conditioner was so loud I had to turn it off to sleep. Worst of all, no hot water at all. Barely warm was the best I could get over a two day period.
2 night business trip Jul 17, 2014
"red roof inn columbia was ok at best"
Light switch for bedside lamps barely worked. Wifi worked after many attempts to reset the routers and main computer. We got to our room at 6pm. Wifi started working for us at 11pm. We left the next morning at 6am. There were clothing items left in the room from a previous guest that were missed by the cleaning staff.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Sketchy but cheap..."
We were driving across the country and had our pets with us, so our options were pretty limited. Decided to stop in Columbia since there seemed to be a bunch of hotel and restaurant, etc options nearby. We arrived later in the evening and there were a lot of people walking around the parking lot, coming and going, and driving fast through the lot. It seemed a bit sketchy to me but everyone was minding their own business. Rooms were accessed from outside, which was convenient for pets. The area was pretty well lit all over. The room inside was very dated and dim. There was a refrigerator though and the bathroom and tv worked. I guess it was decently clean but the mattresses seemed soooo old and the boxsprings and sheets/towels were stained. Apparently there was a free breakfast but after reading other reviews we opted to pass on that.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
Cheap and clean, thats all i need.
1 night business trip Jul 12, 2014
"Across the road from a car lot"
Aside from the location with lots of lights, the hotel room didn't have enough towels and washcloths, and when I asked for extra they said they would bring them but never did. The towels were very small and thin. The room was tiny. There was not coffee pot and little other amenities. Pay the extra few dollars and go somewhere else.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
donna
"Great for an overnight"
It's an older hotel, don't expect the Marriott. But it's not horrible. It's just like any older motel 6 or any other older hotel I've been to my whole life. In my life experience there's hotels that are really nice and there's hotels that are a little older and feel older because of the way things are built and decorated inside and just how old the structure may be. This is that 2nd one. It's definitely not a bottom of the barrel hotel, but it's not super classy and upscale. I'd stay again for an overnight.
1 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Yoyo
"Pay a little more and go somewhere else...."
The only thing that was good was the room was clean. We requested no service one day, got back to the room and they were cleaning it. The cleaner said they told him someone didn't need service, but they didn't know who. I also told them we needed an extra cot/bed at check-in. They never delivered it. The chair we had in the corner looked like someone relieved themselves on it. Service was horrible!!!
2 night trip Jun 27, 2014
Hans Gilgen
"Good hotel for those on a budget"
The hotel was nice. On first impression the room was updated and nice. But the shower water never became hot (was lukewarm at best) and room air conditioner was scarily loud. So loud that we'd rather be hot then have the air on.
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Columbia Golf trip"
It was a nice hotel for the right price
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
EJ
"never again"
was horrible....after a very long drive our room was very smoky all night...and this was a non smoking room! air conditioner did not get cold it was set on high cold and fan all the way up. Terrible! I would not recommend this place to anyone that is a non smoker!!! you wont be able to breath. Front desk person was rude when we wanted to change rooms....spent an hour trying to figure out how to do it. terrible service.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
erona
The Red Roof was clean and the service was friendly and very helpful. I had forgotten something at home that I needed and the staff scrambled around and found me that item and gave me it to me. I will use the Red Roof again in the near future.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Meri
"Easy to find"
Parking was great for parking a trailer. Was right by main highway. Kept rooms clean.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"dirty"
my room was dirty...bathroom door would not stay closed due to it being broke...there was not an iron or hair dryer....the breakfast was crap! there name tags were a piece of scotch tape with there names wrote in black marker...wifi was crap...very slow and barley worked cable tv cut in an out couldn't even watch a full show an know what was going on....spend a little more and go elsewhere...
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Probably the worst room they had. Nothing worked,"
We left, it was unacceptable. Never again. They need better staff. We were so unha-ppy. Do not go there! they gave us a handicapped room, we did not need one.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Why would a non-smoking room reek of tobacco?"
After driving 12 hours, I was glad to get to the Red Roof, and the woman at the front desk was very nice. From there, sadly, it went downhill. Opening my room door I was greeted with a very heavy tobacco smell, despite the no smoking emblem on door, the room was very run down, and having passed several restaurants a few miles earlier I was disappointed to have virtually none near the motel. I am a frugal traveler, but on my drive back home I will gladly spend an extra $10-20 to go elsewhere.
1 night business trip May 12, 2014
John E
"cheap, clean rooms"
Right off the freeway, room was cheap and everything was super clean. Breakfast was pretty lacking, but I wasn't expecting much. Hotel was in a sketchy part of town, but once I locked my door it was all quiet and no issues,
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Lora
It was really great for the price we paid. We did ask for non smoking and the room did smell like smoke. But the room was very clean and updated.
1 night family trip May 10, 2014
J T.
"its ok"
stayed for an over night for the triathlon , nothing special about the hotel, the breakfast was not. if your breakfast is just coffee then it was ok. if you just need a bed it will work
1 night trip May 3, 2014
rob
"Okay in a Pinch"
We stayed here because it was the best place in town still available that night. Safe and fairly clean, but definitely not at all attractive. WiFi didn't work. Shower curtain had mildew stains and didn't stay in place when showering. We registered for 4 guests yet had only 2 bath towels. Soap supplied, but no other toilettries. Loud guests outside late at night, and our window faced a brightly lit business--I believe a car dealership, which made the room rather bright at night, even with the curtain closed.
Other trip May 5, 2014
Lee
"central location"
The first night people were walking back forth from rooms and laughing till after one and was very hard to get any sleep.
2 night trip Apr 24, 2014
chris
"Avoid!"
Town was booked solid, had to stay here. Our group had several rooms, all had same issues. No hot water, stained & worn sheets & towels, rooms smelled, outside property unkept & dirty.....avoid this hotel at all costs!!!!
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
Josie
"NEVER GO HERE"
I was very disappointing with Customer service that I had. Called to report a problem about room and front desk person hung up the phone on me. Room 224 was posted as nonsmoking but was actually in fact a lie. It was a smoking room before and I couldn't sleep well because of terrible smell.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Gennadiy
"Nasty!!!!!"
Gross. Smelly rooms. Threadworn sheets. Stained towels. Private hairs on tub. Office never answers phone at night. Outside filthy. Town was booked solid so had to stay here for business trip-terrible stay! Mattresses uncomfortable. Bad neighborhood around hotel. Avoid this place at all costs!!
2 night business trip Apr 24, 2014
Chi
"Good place"
This was ok place to stay. Breakfast is not much but had coffee and small rolls
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2014
Brent
"Bugged! stay away."
I checked the mattress when I got there and did see a couple spots but nothing awful what do you expect for the price right. Then as I relaxed I found a very small dead ant. I didn't sleep well, the bed was very hard. Breakfast was OK coffee and some toast. The next day I saw it! A moving and very alive bedbug. I packed quickly and put everything in the car. The desk clerk was very nice and called the manager. She didn't think the photo I took was a bedbug saying they are red. I found out they are only red after feeding. My reservation was for three days but I left after one.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
Gina
"Great hotel for the price!"
The staff was very hospitable. They tried very hard to make our stay comfortable.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Lanea
"Unexpected Gem"
Very good. Clean, quiet, comfortable and convenient. Friendly staff. Did not eat the breakfast but it was a late night. I will stay here next trip to Columbia.
1 night trip Apr 14, 2014
Marjorie Ryan
"Awful experience"
Positive - easy to find right off the highway. Negative - staff was unhelpful and locked me out of my room trying to get me to pay for additional nights even though I prepaid through Expedia. Staff were inexperienced and rude. I checked out early just to get out of there.
Other trip Apr 15, 2014
"good location for me/ low price"
Location was good for everything I had to do. I just needed a place to sleep at night, didn't need anything fancy... and that's what you get. No hotel amenities. Bring your hair dryer and shampoo, there are non here. No iron or ironing board. The office did lend me a hairdryer. Thank goodness.
2 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to many areas that I visited."
Everything appeared to be well ready for our use. Also, it was clean and met our expectations
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Hotel is ok"
The room was not clean, the floor was dirty. They need new bathrooms.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Breakfast needs major improvement"
I do not think what was offered as breakfast should be called breakfast. There was no milk, cold tea, or juice. No cereal, no doughnuts, no hot food or boiled eggs or yogurt. Everywhere else we have been, they have had more than this.
1 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Don't stay here"
Bad neighborhood, worthless breakfast, dirty rug. Need I say more?
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
"Indoor plumbing and a roof over your head"
It was cheap, and I expected to get what I paid for...and I did. The staff was very nice, and easy to deal with, and ENGLISH speaking. Parking was close to the rooms, and plenty of it. Flatscreen TV's were advertised, and were in some rooms, but not mine. Not a huge deal personally, just FYI. A bit of mold in the shower, but otherwise a clean room. Ran out of hot water in the morning while taking a short shower. Coffee was offered in the hotel lobby, and at 6:30 was luke warm.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
The bed was very uncomfortable. It took several tries to get the heat up to a tolerable level. We would have rather had a regular room than a handi-capable room.
1 night trip Mar 6, 2014