All hotels in Columbia, Missouri, United States of America

Dirty
    Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Bad breakfast
"Do NOT stay at Red Roof Inn"
I got to my room and everything seemed ok. Them I discovered there were cockroaches. I killed five and saw even more in the bathtub. I packed up my stuff and left. I told the hotel that I needed my money back so I could go someplace else and they said it would take two weeks to give my money back. I demanded cash back because I had to go to another hotel and they refused to give it to me. They didn't care that I was hours away from home and had no means of affording another hotel. And the staff was rude on top of everything else.
Other trip Jun 20, 2015
LaChrisha
"nothing special"
it was ok...nothing special/nothing negative...served the purpose...thank you
1 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
terryll
"close to stadium"
The hotel is very close to the stadium, many fast food restaurants, and the highway.
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
JOhnW
"Rip off"
Glass all over the grounds. TVs super old. Holes in the walls. Staff stands around and talks instead of working
Other trip Jun 14, 2015
"A Dump"
Run down place.When I pulled back blanket on bed a wrapped condom came flying out. Pillows were half size.
1 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
timothy
"Tailgating hotel"
It seems this hotel has been taken over by large groups of construction workers. They were sitting outside drinking beers and having BBQ in the back of their pickup trucks.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
Keith N
"The most disgusting hotel!"
This is the most disgusting hotel we've ever stayed. Our friends agreed. A pair of man's underwear was hanging in the bathroom when we checked in. The beds were nasty. I was so worried about getting bed bugs. I think people live in the hotel full time. OUr friends had a bed with a giant brown stain down the side. At 3am, a woman was screaming every curse word possible and I thought she was getting beaten. We were supposed to stay another night due to a biking trip we were involved in, but we cancelled right away! Do not stay there!! UGH!
1 night trip with friends May 22, 2015
"I'll think twice"
Room was clean but very dated. Needed new bathroom fixtures.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Not Bad but not the Best"
Although clean it was very dated in furniture and deco. Bed was comfortable. Fixtures in bathroom could be updated.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Redroof Inn"
Stayed one night. The room was cleaned and everything worked. The beds were a little hard could have used a thick mattress pad but overall OK. This hotel is very old but looked like they had remodeled it a little. OK for the price
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Do not go here unless you want drugs or a prostitu"
Prostitution and drug dealing going on in the parking lot. No shower curtain in the room. Lights didn't work and weren't fixed. Room was never cleaned. Do not go here!
2 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Dishonest, hostile check-in and unruly guests"
Check-in clerk claimed she could not find my reservation but had one room left she could sell me. She said the hotels.com con # didn't count; if I didn't have the Red Roof Inn # she couldn't check me in. 5 times during what ended up being 20 minutes, I confirmed my first & last name while she "checked" but "still couldn't find me." She said I'd have to call hotels.com. She again said she could sell me her "last room left" & when I told her I'd already paid for the room, she said I hadn't paid her so she couldn't give me a "free room." I called hotels.com and got to the recording that confirmed I had a room with guaranteed late check in; it stated the Red Roof conf# in the recording. She looked startled, then said I'd have to call back. I did, put it on speaker so she could hear it again, wrote the number down & showed it to her. Miraculously, she "found" me and gave me a key to our room. Shortly after we entered the room, we tried to leave to get something from the car, and the interior door handle fell off. My friend said, "I've seen horror movies that start out just like this." The light in the bathroom was failing and lit only as a strobe light, adding to the horror movie effect. About 3 AM, we heard pounding on the floor above us, then a screaming fight between two adults, loaded with profanity and loud thuds. Sirens shortly afterwards confirmed we weren't the only ones who were awakened. Short answer: NEVER AGAIN
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Ann
"Unclean room, sketchy situation"
The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The condition of the room (dirty, reeked of cigarette smoke although a non-smoking room) and general noise of the neighbors made this overall an unpleasant stay. I would not go again.
1 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"Fine for a night."
We just needed a place to sleep. It was fine. Nothing fancy. The only real complaint I have is the Styrofoam cup for coffee had a hole in it and leaked. The desk clerks were nice, friendly and efficient.
1 night family trip May 1, 2015
Victoria
"Pithy"
There were stains on the side of the bed and holes on the carpet. Insulation was basically non-exist ant as I could hear the neighbors go in and out and talk until very late. Not a pleasant stay.
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Isaac
"Rough night at Red Roof"
It was horrible !!! Rough night at Red RoofHad reservations for 2 nights. After first night the room was not made up. Beds were not made, towels were left on the floor. Called front desk for clean towels twice. They never arrived. Front desk personnel could not have been LESS helpful. She knew nothing and did nothing. We won't be staying at a Red Roof Inn ever again.
2 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
"Motel was clean."
No problem with room. Expedia still has not e-mailed receipt which was promised. Not happy with Expedia!
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
Maryln
"Basketball tournament"
Everyone was very nice and willing to make sure everything was ok!!
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
"No pride in ownership."
Arrived at location. Staff was not very friendly but check in was fast. Room was ok but needed maintenance. Door bolt lock was not working properly. Faucet was loose from ctop. Carpet was not vacuumed very good and the bathroom was not swept. Tv did not work with remote and room clock was broken. Old lighting was still attached to walls but did not work. Fan/ac seemed to work fine. Would not stay at this location again.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Ben
"unsatisfied"
Beds were uncomfortable and rooms need properly/thoroughly cleaned. Cable went out several times IF you cld get your tv turned on!!
1 night family trip Mar 12, 2015
"Pleased with Red Roof Inn"
I liked the noon check-out time.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2015
"Great accommodations at a reasonable price"
The room was much nicer than I was expecting, given the very reasonable price. The bathroom was very large and clean, and there was even a mini fridge. The staff were very helpful as well. I am extremely pleased with my stay there.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Catherine
"Easy late arrival and fast wifi"
Late arrival was no problem - very quick checkin and fast internet. Tip: each building has its own internet connection, so if you're near the end of a building, you may need to use a different connection, but same password (given at checkin). Newly redone bathrooms with good water pressure and separate sinks from bathrooms. Lots of free parking, clean and spacious basic room.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"No. Just no."
Holes in floors, shoddy place.
2 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Good room, great service!"
We were in town for the state wrestling competition and this hotel was great!! Our room was nice and clean and though we didn't have towels in the room, room service brought some right to us as they were being washed. The front desk was friendly and quick as there were many of us trying to check in all at once. Hotel was located right off the highway with easy access. Overall good experience and would stay again. Thanks!!
1 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
Lynsey
The room was OK for the price we paid. The beds were a little hard and the comforter needed to be replaced.
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
Becki
"bare essentials"
This hotel had only shampoo and soap, no coffee but had a coffee pot, and no glass or cups to even drink out of. The heater didn't work so we were cold the whole night. The reception area had a window to talk to the receptionist through. With no breakfast we could have better stayed at another hotel and paid $10:00 more.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
b
"Red Roof"
Very clean and great king bed with office space in the room.
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Good for the price"
My boyfriend and I were attending a concert at the Blue Note so we stayed over in columbia. The outside of this hotel needs some work but the staff was friendly and they do have smoking rooms available which now a days is hard to find. There is not much around the hotel and I was scared the rooms might reflect the surroundings but it was clean and I would stay again since the price was right.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"NASTY"
room was nasty dirty bugs needed paint needed to be cleaned ! got my money back > NASTY <
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2015
"stay away for sure"
this room was not clean at all, there was white paper pieces on the floor when we arrived, when we returned from dinner we turned on the television and noticed something on the screen, turned it off and saw a white substance that had run down the screen and cabinet below and had dried on the screen and when we pulled back the bed spread there were potato chips on the floor next to the bed frame. when we complained we were told that there was nothing they could do since we booked thru a third party, that being hotel.com. we have filed a complaint with the national off as well as this review have not heard from the hotel manager as of yet, been 3 days now. would never stay at this hotel ever again, they dont care about their guest or the service they provide.
1 night business trip Jan 31, 2015
emilio
"No to Red Roof Inn"
Check in was supposed to be @ 3 pm. We were'nt allowed in the room until 4:30 pm. The bed was no good, you could feel the springs coming through. Worst experience we ever had. Will not stay @ any Red Roof Inn again.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Reasonable price"
Requested non-smoking but was not given to me (expedia did not express this option). Room did not smell so was not disappointed. Hotel was not modern but for the price it was clean and comfortable. I had thought that a continental breakfast was included but was not. Could have been my misreading. Staff was polite and efficient
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Don't be fooled"
Terrible neighborhood, the building looked like it may fall down and had lots of random people running around outside. Was going to stay anyway until I found out the door didn't close either. Found another room even though I got there after 11 PM
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
Caleb
"Not as good as usual"
Stopped on way back from St. Louis to KC in the early morning hours. First room I went to had do not disturb sign but I tried anyway and someone was in there. Went down to front desk and they swore the room was empty. Second room was OK but took forever for the heat to kick on so it was in the 60s most of the night. I got what I paid for I guess
1 night business trip Dec 11, 2014
Cody
"Clean and comfortable"
This is a no-frills hotel. It does not look all that pleasing when you see it but it is close to a residential area. It is clean, well stocked with towels, etc. The hotel personnel were polite, courteous and when I asked for more pillows, they were prompt in getting them to me. It is cheap but if all you want is a place to sleep for the night or two, this is the place. It is close to Providence-the main street in Columbia. There was a Hometown Buffet on Providence, across from the hotel. Providence would also take you to the Columbia Library, to UMC campus, just about anywhere around town. In the lobby was free coffee and tea. You also got a free newspaper to read over your coffee or tea. The channels on the television were many and would satisfy anyone's favorites. The beds were comfortable and the sheets and pillows and pillow cases and blankets were clean. I liked that the room had a microwave and refrigerator. These were clean inside and outside. The bathroom is nothing fancy but functioning and clean-toilet, toilet tissue, hotel size soap and shampoo, clean towels, shower. The room had a phone and lots of lights. I could turn off the light over the sink or near the door and leave the one on next to the bed or in the bathroom and not be disturbed by the light. I felt safe there. Check-out was easy and no hassles. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Columbia, Missouri if you want a basic hotel to stay at for a good price.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Needs renovated soon!!!"
Due to the dated condition of the hotel (room 105) and the older heating system in the room I stayed in could just keep above being cold. I wasn't cold but was super warm at 13-15° F. Could not get really warm at any time and had it set at highest setting 80° F. Hotel needs completely renovated. The ceiling of the room was very warm but floor level was always cool since heating elements are near ceiling.
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2014
Grant
"Should have stayed somewhere elae"
No one at receiption desk had to wait about 30 min. In addition I called the hotel number several times with no answer. Once I got my room and everything moves in the lock would not work and I had to move to another room.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"Not too great, but ok"
Hotels.com said there was breakfast, there was only coffee the room showed high wear, wood broken here and there
1 night business trip Dec 20, 2014
"Gameday and weekend getaway"
This hotel was pet friendly for no additional cost and served our purpose of a good night's sleep while taking care of our pet. Nothing spectacular, but nothing too bad either.
2 night trip with friends Nov 28, 2014
"Froze"
The room was very cold and it took about 5 hrs. to warm up. Had to make 2 trips to the front desk because keys wouldn't work.
1 night romance trip Dec 1, 2014
"Bugs"
You keep rejecting my review a because I mention bed bugs???? People need to know that we were bitten over 20 times during night!!!! Don't ask me to give a review and keep rejecting it!!!!
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
"BED BUGS AND ROACHES!!"
Roaches on sink counter when we arrived. Bed bug bites on backs and arms next day.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Quick overnight"
Basic room but clean and very comfortable. The staff was pleasant and friendly. The hotel was well located and easy to get off and on the interstate.
1 night family trip Nov 22, 2014
Shelley
"bugs"
Several roaches on bathroom sink. Rollaway bed was requested and brought right in. Daughter that slept on rollaway bed had several bed bug bites on her back and arms. Person in bed closest to rollaway bed also had bites on her arm. I slept in bed farthest from rollway and did not have any bites so I am assuming the bugs were brought into the room in the rollaway.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Patty
Room was to be non smoking and it was not. Smoke smell was on everything; linens etc.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
"Worth $50"
We just needed a cheap place to shower and crash in between visiting family. This place had a fridge and microwave and good water pressure in the shower. Not glam but a good deal at $50.
Other trip Nov 30, 2014
"So-so. You get what you pay for."
Not bad, not good. Toilet wasn't cleaned properly and the walls were thin. That said it was otherwise a decent room and a very cheap rate. So-So.
Great place to stay for the price. Worth a second look.
"mrs patricia saunders"
outside of the room was very dirty. the room lock didnt work 'i had to call the front desk for service. the hotel change rooms for me 'however fail to assist me with the move.
1 night business trip Nov 15, 2014