All hotels in Dallas, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1401 Commerce St, Dallas, TX, 75201, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Girls weekend away"
Had a wonderful experience from the moment we got out of our car. Everyone was friendly, helpful and thoughtful
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Will return to the Magnolia"
The valet/check in was a breeze. We got to our room and the a/c didn't work. We called downstairs and they said they would send the engineer up. He wasn't there within 15 minutes so I called back down to change rooms since it was very late and we needed to get to bed because we had to get up early. He told me to come down to the front desk and he would have new keys waiting for me. He did exactly that and we moved to our new room. Very great service, no problems with elevators, breakfast and milk and cookies was a nice touch, and the shuttle service to/from the convention center was great as well. Will certainly return to the Magnolia.
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Stacey
"Great Location and Unique Feel!"
Magnolia has a very unique feel to it. Our room was fantastic and had a nice view of downtown. It's in a great location in the hear of downtown and is easily accessible.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
Bryce
"Road trip stay"
Overnight stay during a cross country move from the east coast to the west. The hotel is right in the heart of downtown and is relatively easy to find. Parking is good for a city. There are two options, valet park at the hotel or one block up you can park in the Neiman Marcus parking garage for $10. The hotel staff are wonderful and the lobby smells so pretty and is beautiful. The only complaint I have is that due to the age of the building there was a lot of noise. It sounded like it was coming from the vents in the room. I'm not sure if it was when people were taking showers or some other noise. Other than that, the hotel was superb! I would stay there again!
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"Super convenient to Dallas Convention Center"
Stayed 3 nights for a cheer competition at the convention center. It was the perfect direct walk out the door and down Akard to the center. Very little "night life" downtown on the weekends, but it was nice, quiet and comfortable.
3 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Nice room, nice staff, medium location"
The hotel was a mixed, but basically good, experience. I had a very nice room--not sure if it was normal, but it was kind of a suite with a kitchen and separate bedroom. Very comfortable. The staff was very nice, and I enjoyed the happy hour and free hot breakfast--lively crowd and generous food and drinks. The heat in my room did not seem to be working, so I called and they sent someone to fix it (I had gone out to meet a client). When I came back, the "fix" was turning off the Auto and turning the heat to "high" and 85 degrees. The room was an oven. The heat was never really fixed during my stay. They also had a mix up on my check in, and only had me for one night. They couldn't have been nicer about fixing it when I checked out, but they also called me at 11:15 at night on the second night to ask me about it--I was asleep. Very poor judgment, especially when they immediately said "Oh, no problem, we can just take care of it tomorrow!". Well, then, why did you call me at 11:15? The hotel is a little on the "dark" side, and the location is not great--downtown Dallas, which like a lot of cities is kind of dead at night. Overall, I enjoyed the hotel--thought the size and comfort of the room, and the great staff and amenities, outweighed the glitches.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"expected more"
Breakfast too early, Bad parking, valet too expensive, old bathroom and bad curtains
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
Marcos
Great stay as always
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great with a few hidden small fees"
Hotel location is great, walk distance from a few great places like DWA, Natural Science Museum, they gave me a room with a nice city view... Beds are conf, there are a lot of fees I wish was more clear when selecting the hotel, also the soda machine was not working.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
Leonardo
"Highly Recommend!"
Loved this hotel! We had originally booked the Hotel Lawrence because of its proximity to museums and Dealey Plaza. We were a little mislead by photos of the property and promptly checked out the next morning (arrived in Dallas at 11pm 1/10 checked out at 10am 1/11) and booked The Magnolia. We were able to check in early (10:30am) which was perfect. We would definitely stay at the Magnolia again. Loved the proximity to Akard Station (3 short blocks behind the hotel) and we used local transportation: The Dart, TRE, Bus system for locations that weren't within walking distanced.Also, take advantage of their complimentary shuttle to locations within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. I can't say enough about the wonderful experience we had at the Magnolia.
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
"Expensive hotel rates------mediocre rooms"
Stayed for weekend with my wife and daughter. Room was clean, but very small. We heard a lot of noise in our room, mostly from plumbing in the walls and the HVAC system. Hotel staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast.
2 night family trip Jan 9, 2015
JIM
It was Ok. Nice location downtown, but nothing special. Business center printer did not work. Men's room out of order.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"January 2k15"
Overall The Magnolia is a splendid place to spend the weekend for what ever reason. This was not my first stay here, but it is my first time to use Hotels.Com. Make sure you repeat yourself when your order room service. Housekeeping is loud when handling their business in the halls or the room next to you. I will be back, always a good time.
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
"Recommended"
Central location, handy to restaurants, cafes, local transport and attractions. We had a suite and it was very pleasant. This hotel offers a local shuttle so if you want to go to a restaurant that's a bit more than walking distance, they will provide the ride. Love the milk and cookies in the evening. Friendly staff, value for money, would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jan 6, 2015
Rondelle
"Loved it! If I wasn't cold!"
Great experience...except I got the room where the heat didn't work right. Couldn't warm up - after an hour I resorted to turning it up all the way and it made no difference. Obviously was broken. Called the front desk at 1am and was told there was not maintenance on duty. Offered to change rooms but I was too tired to repack and move. Just unfortunate...
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
Ted
"Thin Window make for Loud, Bright Night."
There were a few little details in the hotel that make me think I'll be looking for a different hotel next time I'm in Dallas. Even on the 9th flood the sound from the street was quite loud. The window coverings were so thin they didn't block very much city light and that made it hard to sleep. Hotel staff was excellent.
Other trip Jan 11, 2015
Nick
"Good choice."
My visit went smoothly. I didn't experience any problems and was satisfied with my hotel.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Courtney
"Will stay here again"
Older hotel but well kept. Very comfortable rooms and I enjoyed the daily happy hours and milk and cookies.
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Jonathan
My stay at the Magnolia was wonderful The room was clean, well decorated, and the view was great. My only complaint was that it was very cold during the stay and the windows did not keep the cold out very well.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"A+ Hotel"
The staff was exceptionally helpful. Although they were dealing with delay in the elevators, the exceptional service outweighed!
3 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
"Magnificent"
The hotel has old time feel with modern amenities. A Unique place in downtown central to excellent restuarants
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"Dallas Getaway"
Great location with very nice accommodations.
5 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
"Awesome Hotel"
Not only was this a great hotel in every category, but we had a really cool view! Love the milk and cookies available in the evening. Waking distance to some great places. Also, there was one miscommunication about valet charges (maybe I didn't read something that I was supposed to), but the manager was very nice, cleared things up for me, and corrected it in my favor.
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2015
The only issue I noticed was that the bathroom needed some updating and the elevators were REAL slow. Overall though the hotel and staff were great.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Low lights"
It was okay, the lighting is really low and dim thought the entire hotel like something out of a 1950s mob movie. If you show up after 5, be prepared to pay for valet parking, because there is practically no where to park, and there's a few nice spots close to the theatre that's great to dine before 10, after that there's not many more places you can go, but besides that stuff my experience was wonderful!
1 night romance trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great Downtown Hotel"
Excellent location, great service. The bartender in the lounge was awesome, very friendly and gave good recommendations for dinner. Beautiful lobby. Only negative is the elevators were being remodeled, so they ran a little slow. Shouldn't be a problem on our next visit.
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Great place to stay while visiting Dallas."
Enjoyed the view and the front desk folks were great. Room was clean.
3 night romance trip Jan 1, 2015
"All great nice design, architecture"
Great 50-60 style (JFK generation) hotel, luxurious while old. Some of the areas need improvement, like elevators, my bathroom was nice, but bath needs a bit of redoing. Staff & service great, I liked this Happy Hour drink offer & the breakfast-included offer which you don't see in every hotels in Dallas. However Breakfast was the same for 3 days, scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes & sausages, need more fruits and yogurt for more heath conscious folks like me, & variety with ham & other proteins from time to time. Valet parking seems the rule in Dallas hotels, but at $24 a day, I could have parked for $12 a day the street behind (Main) during the weekend. The Valet parking Staff is quick & friendly. I would recommend it & would return, but I may shop around for other hotels too next time.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"1 night stay"
There was a rag on the bathroom floor and the tub had discoloration but other than that the room was nice. The complimentary cocktails, cookies, and breakfast was amazing!
1 night romance trip Jan 3, 2015
"my stay"
It was nice
1 night trip with friends Dec 30, 2014
lauren
"Don't Use Valet Service"
Don't trust valet service. Left me and daughter stranded for over 1 hour in parking lot at 10:00 pm. They had forgot to pick us up. Very rude and offered no apology for rudeness or for not honoring their 15 minute pick up time. In fact, told me they had a more important patron to pick up. Reported to front hotel and hotel waived valet charges.
2 night trip Dec 20, 2014
Meg
"Couple's Getaway"
Overall it was a nice but slightly dated hotel. The location was great and the free breakfast/happy hour was nice. The maid service was minimal and there were often weddings displacing the restaurant/bar.
6 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
"Great experience"
I love the hotel
3 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
Yesica Veronica
"Overall great"
Loved the cocktails and milk and cookies
1 night trip with friends Jan 2, 2015
"Friendly hotel in the heart of downtown Dallas"
My finace, sister, my sister's friend, and I were in town the weekend after Christmas for a concert and we needed somewhere close to the convention center. Not only is this hotel close to great activities and the sights of downtown, but the staff and service are impeccable. I will definitely be staying here again next time I am in Dallas.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Very nice Hotel, spacious room and close to everything.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"You will enjoy your stay here!"
This is a great hotel! Rooms are nice and clean, good complimentary breakfast, great location, and they even served "bedtime milk and cookies"! And a good fitness center! I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!!!
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
Jonathan
"Two nights at the Magnolia"
Stayed here two nights and thought is was a good fit. The breakfast was ok and they had evening cookies and milk also coffee. Free wifi was good had no problems. The hotel wasn't too far of a walk from the Dallas aquarium which was nice and the Perot science center and West End we're all in that same area.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Dennis
"The staff was wonderful and extremely helpful."
Great hotel in a perfect location. We will definitely stay there again! Our friends from Fort Worth also came in to meet us and ended up staying and also loved it!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Great hotel!"
Great hotel, nice room and the common area. They also have a cafe downstairs (that you can access from hotel) that offers nice breakfast and coffee (in case you miss the the hotel breakfast) - show your hotel card and get 10% off. Very good location - good restaurants and bars in a walkable distance. The elevators were not an issue (as many reviews state) - I would expect the same speed in any other building with so many stories. The only comment - the staff needs pay more attention to details - we had a breakfast menu in room filled with choices and name of previous guests - this was not nice.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice Hotel but not "flexibly""
I pre paid 4 night and than I was there 3 night and I paid another night !! For personal problem I postponed my check in from December 29th to December 31st. By phone and during the check in the staff told me that was possible to "move" my reservation but at the end of my permanence, the staff ask me to pay one night more. UNBILIVABLE !!!!!
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"Good hotel -needs a little work."
Hotel needs some maintenance. Elevators are terrible and in bad condition. Staff was great. There was no ice bucket and I called for one - after 30 minutes I went down and got one myself.No reading lamp by the chair. But it was New Years Eve and they were swamped. Also a wedding was taking place. My 1st stay was excellent, this stay not so much, but I would go back and I bet conditions will have improved. The room was well decorated and comfortable and it is a great location.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
The only complaint I have about the Magnolia hotel is that the elevators were slow due to renovation. Other than that, the hotel staff was very helpful, the rooms were clean, and the decor was beautiful.
1 night trip with friends Dec 31, 2014
Matthew
"Great location and staff"
Spent New Years Eve in Dallas. Loved the Magnolia. Elevators are slow-- that's a real thing.
"New Year's Eve Stay"
It was a nice hotel, very friendly and clean. The only con is they tried to charge us for a car parked on their valet parking. We did not keep our car there, we actually parked it a block down at Manor House. So mame sure you check your charges upon checking out. I am going to see if that charge will appear on my bank statement.
Natalya
"A little run down"
The hotel is not awful, but it is not nice either. It appears to have been a former apartment building of some sort that was been converted to a hotel.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
It was a great place to stay. Hotel staff was very friendly and inviting. The rooms were great with a great view.
1 night romance trip Dec 29, 2014
Justin
"Would definitely recommend"
More than once, we requested special accommodations. Every time the staff was more than willing to help. I will say the concierge service had a bit to be desired in that they were unavailable. Also, the free happy hours as well as free cookies and coffee was a lovely, welcoming touch.
3 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
"Anniversary Suite"
Stayed in a suite for one night to celebrate our anniversary. Excellent setup, great staff. The one down-side was that it was only a queen bed instead of a king.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Barry
"LAN Dallas"
Great service.. great location..
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014