All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America

Bad breakfast
    Bad internet service
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
The was clean, however, being in the middle of winter, there was a large draft in the room that made it very cold. They did bring a portable heater upon request. I also asked for a roll-away bed, which they would charge $25 for. This was not listed in the original website. The cable TV was sub par and the wi-fi was slower than a dinosaur. Otherwise, was in a safe neighborhood near a subway station and the room was clean. The staff was friendly.
2 night business trip Jan 22, 2016
first room had a leaky faucet. heater in the second room didnt work and was loud. staff was great. great location
3 night trip Jan 20, 2016
"I'm very pleased."
Upper West Side of Manhattan. Holiday week-end. Last minute reservation. OUTSTANDING price. I could not ask for more. I'd definitely visit this hotel again.
3 night trip Jan 15, 2016
Miss
"dont waste your money"
The hotel looked like something out of a horror film .. I had no heat at all in the dead of winter and no quilt was provided. No breakfast and finding a parking spot was horrible. The popes creeped all night and took forever to get the water hot
4 night business trip Jan 14, 2016
rebecca
"Great place for a weekend getaway"
No complaints, was great for a short stay with my boo
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2016
"Uncomfortable"
In my room I felt very uncomfortable . I would not stay here again
1 night trip Dec 26, 2015
Shereaka
Tv had about 5 channels,and their wifi connection was awful.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
"Everything was perfect"
Everything was perfect
1 night romance trip Dec 17, 2015
"Decent Hotel, good value, but a liitle worn...."
A good hotel for the price with a nice lobby. There were a couple of negatives, one of which was the elevator situation. 4 very small and slow elevators were supposed to service the 12 floors (each floor was large with many rooms). That doesn't seem to bad but probably isn't enough...HOWEVER, there were only 2 elevators working at best during our stay and only 1 elevator working on one of the days of our stay. Long waits and often had to wait for the elevator to come back because it was too full to get on. The staff was nice and they did print our boarding pass but there are not computeers for guests to do it themselves. Ther was free wifi however which was a plus. And the neighborhood and transportation was terrific!
3 night trip with friends Dec 11, 2015
alan
"Nothing spectacular!"
The TV didn't work. Complained but nothing was done. When I left, had to get my ownTaxi as no one available( doorman?) For that. Whenever I asked the concierge(sp?) Anything, I was referred to the front desk!
10 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Ellen
"2"
Tables and sofa area were dirty. Poor maintenance and cleanliness.
1 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
"Nice accomodations considering the rate!"
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. I definitely recommend spending a few dollars more for the "premier" room as it is on the business floor and I imagine a touch nicer than other rooms, if that matters to you. You can tell that other floors may be a little run-down; my fiancé went to get ice and commented that two floors down seemed like an entirely different hotel. There are definitely residents in this building but in NYC that is common. Yes, the elevator is small and slow (it took longer to go 11 stories here than it did for us to ascend 102 stories at One World Observatory) but if that is the type of thing you look for in a hotel, you may as well spend double to stay elsewhere because you're expecting too much. Very friendly staff, although we had little interaction. Overheard a customer complaint and that staff appeared to be extremely accommodating. We live on Long Island and don't often have the need to stay overnight in NYC but if we do, we would absolutely come back!
1 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Vikki
"Credit card fraud incident"
It was alright. Nothing special about it. The room was ok, but the carpet seemed old. Certainly not worth the money, but it is fine considering the location. I used my debit card at the hotel for a $25 deposit. It was the only time I used my card during this trip. Later, I found transactions for $640 and some change for different food delivery services in the same area. When I called the hotel to inform them about what happened (I was not asking for money or anything because I had already called the bank), the man who answered the phone was very rude, and basically called me a liar. I explained that someone or something in their system is not right and that the hotel should look into this incident for future transactions, but he still insisted that it was not their fault. Terrible phone call.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
Doaa
"A good 3-star in a fabulous neighborhood"
Excellent value for the money. A blessing to be away from the madness of Times Square and midtown, particularly at holiday time - yet within 10 minutes of it. Fairly quiet at night without too many sirens yet walking on Broadway feels very safe due to the number of restaurants and stores open late or all-night. Furnishings are ok and room is comfortable. It needs more attention to housekeeping in the corridors and elevators.
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2015
Daniela
"Great hotel for the money!"
Great location, steps away from the subway and only a couple blocks from Central Park. Quiet area, but still close to many things. The hotel staff were extremely friendly and let me leave my bags until check-in time at 3:00. I was able to walk to Central Park and explore until check-in. The room was great for the money. I got a recently renovated room on the top floor. Bathroom was new and everything was very clean. The only downside is the top floor only has one elevator going to it, so sometimes the wait to go up or down can be long.
3 night trip Dec 8, 2015
"Now i know where NOT to stay in NY City."
While I understand the rate at this hotel was low for the area, so was the quality of the room. It was last updated in the 1940's or 1950's. The towels and wash cloths are old and stained, the plumbing was noisy and prone to clogging. Also the heat was not adjustable and was on high the entire time, it was extremely hot in the room. I had to run the window air conditioner the entire stay and balance between freezing and overheating. There is construction going on in and around the hotel and there is noise all the time and dust in the halls. The elevator is small and slow with a significant wait in the mornings. I travel for business all the time and typically I am not very fussy, I am a simple country boy from Pennsylvania and do not require the highest in luxury. But this hotel reminded me of one of my summer rentals my friends and I would get at the beach in MD or NJ when we were in college. Old, Rundown, and out of date and we were so drunk the room did not matter. Unless you are on a very tight budget or drunk, stay somewhere else.
2 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Didn't expect much & got a bit less than that!"
Staff didn't seem like they enjoy working at a hotel. It seems like a motel at front desk or a cheapo Euro hotel. 3 out of 4 elevators were out of service and all of them we're small. Steps from sidewalk to lobby and some floors had 2 steps up or down.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2015
"Good for my one night sleep."
Stayed here one night because we were too tired to drive back to our other hotel. The bed was comfortable and hot water was functional. My room was near the ice machine, so occasionally I'd hear it crunching away in the night.
1 night romance trip Dec 4, 2015
Jonathan
One set of elevators was not in service. The hallways were smoky and the overall condition was rundown
5 night business trip Nov 29, 2015
"Condom under the bed!!"
We were content with he hotel, room and location until it was time to check out. While packing up and making sure we had everything I checked under the bed and just beyond the bed skirt was a used condom. The staff was very professional and apologetic, but we were absolutely disgusted!
2 night trip with friends Dec 1, 2015
"Thanksgiving visit with family"
The room was inexpensive for NYC, definitely a deal, and close to where our family lives. That being said, the elevators are old and finicky. It often took a while to get one. This is by no means a luxury hotel, so the room was a little rundown but clean and comfortable. It was adequate. We were looking to be near our family and not spend a fortune and for those purposes, it was perfect.
3 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
"In one word, GREAT!"
Very positively impressed by this hotel. I had read some horrible reviews about it and honestly was a little worried. Definitely a great place to stay, of course it is not 5-stars, it's a bit old and rundown, but it is New York City and the price you pay for this hotel is the same as for any room Anytown, USA...The location is amazing! and all you need is close by: small restaurants, cafes, grocery store, pharmacy...and the subway RIGHT THERE...Honestly it was excellent, the staff were nice and helpful all the time, the room super clean, no problem with elevators, and hey! we were not paying for any upgraded room...Recommended!!
4 night family trip Nov 11, 2015
Evelisse
It was really nice for our quick family stay. The rooms were good size and very clean. Would def stay again
2 night family trip Nov 25, 2015
Cynthia
"Cherie"
It was fine
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
cherie
"Good but could improve a bit"
Over all this was a good hotel. The room was clean but it could use some cosmetic repair. The wifi was weak and took a while to load some pages. They should also update the tv / cable.
4 night family trip Nov 16, 2015
"Great please to stay and have a good vacation"
Was great hotel near a subway station and near a lot of places, the ship-pest one around the never hood and in good condition it can be better if they did some updates.
5 night romance trip Nov 11, 2015
"Great location, but needs some fixes."
Great location and staff. Upgraded to larger room, but the room was out of reach of the free wifi. The shower didn't have hot water for 2 days (this was fixed by their maintenance team though) The elevator was terrible and confusing. Waiting 5 minutes for it wasn't fun.
3 night romance trip Nov 11, 2015
davis
"Definite Bang for your Buck"
People may have given this hotel lesser reviews because the rooms are small. And admittedly the two small elevators are not adequate for the size of the place. BUT for the price...I got a clean, safe hotel room for about $100 less than I would have had to spend in NYC. I was looking for hotels with $$ price range, and in NYC that apparently means around $250 per night. This room with two double beds was $123 plus tax, coming to $149. I was not unhappy about finding this place! And the service I got at the front desk was impeccable. Will definitely come back here, also very convenient to subway and highway out of city.
1 night family trip Nov 10, 2015
Carmel
"converted SRO"
Horrible
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
luis
The internet was too slow!
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Jorge
"ONLY AS A LAST RESORT."
This is a property that is clearly in transition. It is is a huge hotel with a bank of elevators (there are only two banks of elevators) that do not work. Some rooms are renovated and some are not. THE "WIFI SERVICE" IS A JOKE..
2 night trip Nov 2, 2015
"Slum City"
This is an actual hotel/apartment building. People live here with there cats and dogs. We were in shock when we found this out. Our air stopped working and we didn't have any hot water. The neighborhood is also questionable. I won't recommend anyone to stay here.
4 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
The wi-fi was down, 2 elevator banks were out of order and I had no hot water when I arrived.
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2015
"Condition"
Terrible experience I been at this hotel many times but this time was super bad I paid high price for nothing room was in the smoke area smell bad room was very bad and old no heater only air-condition. Any time I went there room was at great level clean and nice but this time I was disappointment.
Other trip Nov 5, 2015
"Minor problems pile up"
Room clean and comfortable. Problems: 1) Elevator capacity is completely inadequate for size of hotel. 15-20 minute wait during checkout time. 2) WiFi Internet connectivity failed for a few hours. 3) Heat not turned on yet but no blanket in room despite cool temperature. 4) Defect in shower with improvised and inadequate repair.
1 night trip Nov 1, 2015
I like that it was near time square however I felt that rooms were dusty. Also, TV was manual on 2015. Overall, it was not that bad!
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
"Very good hotel Upper West side Manhattan."
Nice and clean. Old style furnished. Helpful serviceminded personnel at all levels. Shops and Subway just outside the door.
9 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Gabriel
"very good!"
very good!
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2015
"Nice New York Find"
This fine Upper West Side hotel is a bit of a find. Transportation is convenient. The neighborhood has great amenities. The hotel has none, save for a soda machine. The rooms have largely been updated, but not lavishly so. The hotel is reasonably priced, save for the the vagaries of the Dutch tulip style auction in which hotel rooms are sold these days. The staff is largely helpful, save for its head of night time security, who seems to have been trained as a guard at Abu Ghraib. Two of the four tiny elevators have been inoperable as long as Otis has been dead. During my last visit there, half of the standard cable stations were out. An engineer came to my room to cure the problem. He clicked through the remote and confirmed the obvious. He noted that the hotel was having the same problem in a number of rooms in that section. He also was honest enough to acknowledge that he didn't have a clue as to how to solve the problem. I suggested that perhaps he should call the hotel's local cable provider. His deer in the headlights look said it all. It was as if I'd suggested that loaves of bread would be more useful if sliced. He assured me that he'd pass the suggestion on. Nothing happened, however. But then again, this isn't a place you'd visit just to watch CNN.
1 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
Jerry
"Great Stay in a "Premier" Room"
We stayed in a "premier" room and it was renovated, clean, and very comfortable. WiFi connection was good. We never had to wait more than a few minutes for the elevator. Very quiet and safe neighborhood. Many places to eat outside the hotel. Very close to the subway station.
2 night business trip Oct 18, 2015
"Recent Stay"
We could tell there had been smoking in the room at one time. Bed was very comfortable but the sheets didn't fit
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"Subpair"
It was sufficient and reasonable for what we needed but it was old and kind of dirty.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
"It was all great until the morning"
I stayed here as a friend was having surgery at Mt. Sinai early the next morning and I wanted to be able to see him before he went in. (Mt. Sinai is a quick cab or bus ride along 96th Street across Central Park from this hotel and a more economical choice than staying in hotels on the east side.) The room was big by NYC standards. Plenty of room to walk around. The bathroom was a little small, but on the plus side the fixtures were all new. The problem was when I got up at 4:15 a.m. with the plan of being out of the room by 5:00 a.m. I turned on the shower and there was no hot water. I waited a minute or two and still cold. I know I am slow early in the morning so I brushed my teeth and washed my face (cool water from the faucets as well) hoping the water would warm up. No luck. By now it was 4:35 and I needed to get going. I used a washcloth and the cool water from the sink to clean up as best I could. Packed my bag and left. When I left the person on duty called plumbing. I didn't call from my room to let them know because I didn't have the time to wait for the issue to be fixed. Otherwise, a nice place to stay in the midst of the Upper West Side.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
Ann Marie
"great location, poor quality"
Hotel lobby as you walked in was nice however, once you got to the elevator it was very very small. The hallways were very tiny and not much room for movement. They have vending machines but its only for Soda and a very small selection. While we were there we asked for towels twice and was brought bed linens instead. However, one great thing is there is an amazing restaurant just a few blocks up called Carmine's that lobby did suggest.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"Maybe a good value for the upper west side"
We stayed here for over a weekend after determining it to be a relatively inexpensive option only a few subway stops from Morningside Heights, but it was still expensive for a property with relatively minimal features. Front desk staff were helpful. Bathroom in our room was very nice with great water pressure for showers, however, the bed was "tired" and the mattress needed to be replaced. Carpeting on our floor looked worn and needs to be upgraded. Overall maybe a good value forthe upper west side simply as a place to sleep, however that's about it. Don't expect much more.
2 night family trip Oct 16, 2015
"Decent upper west side hotel"
We were in NYC to visit relatives. A very convenient location to their apartment on the upper west side, but not really convenient to anything else.
2 night romance trip Oct 11, 2015
"Doensizing"
Requested king, got twin smoking
1 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
All it was lacking was a restaurant, but in NYC there really is no need. I really appreciated the parking deal they arranged as well. It saved me a lot of money in parking fees.
3 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
Gretchen
"Really great stay"
My husband stayed here one night for business, and, as I had to be Uptown early the next morning I decided to give it a try. I was so happy I did! I booked a few days in advance thru Hotels.com & when I checked in, not only did the price go down, which Hotels.com automatically adjusted, but they upgraded my room! I had a bedroom, a living room & a nice size bathroom. Everything was spotless, plenty of toiletries, coffee & tea maker, comfy bed. My only regret was that I was only there for a short overnight because I would have loved to hang out there longer! The next morning when my car service drove off without me, the Desk called me another right away. My husband stayed here a few weeks earlier and, while he didn't get the fun upgrade, he found his room clean & comfortable & the staff friendly. We would both highly recommend this hotel.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
"I got what I paid for???"
I needed something last minute everything was booked. So I found this thinking it was going to be ok. Far from it! Place is really falling apart, elevators are super slow and tiny, even with the big suite the bed was small. The bathroom.... rust and more greeted me with a smile. Overall I would never come back.
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2015