All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereScarsdale Place, Kensington, London, England, W8 5SR, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"My Trip to London"
I had stayed at this hotel before and knew that I had to stay there again. There are a couple of good reasons for that. First of all, it is very close to High Street Station. It is centrally located and many stores around it such as Whole Foods, H&M, Marks and Spencer and McDonalds. The staff at the hotel were very nice when I stayed three years ago and I found them again to be very friendly and helpful. The concierge, Edgarars, was helpful. He helped us plan a trip to Scotland as well as to France. In addition, he arranged for our taxi's to pick us up and take us to our destinations. He was very knowledgeable about the Tube and the time that the trains ran. The one thing that I would comment on is that the hotel could use some updating. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again and again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Marie
"It was ok"
The room was nice and clean. The £ 11 breakfast buffet was total junk, the worst one I had ever eaten. Good thing is that there is Whole Food within 5 min walk, it solved the problem. The staff is helpful but everyone seems speak English with terrible accent, do they still hire natives?
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Arthur
"Nice bigger hotel, has everything you need"
The front desk was very keen on selling upgrades to their Club level. We did upgrade one of our rooms to club level at $50/night to get a rollaway bed, free wi-fi (it's not provided which is weird) and to get the included breakfast, which is very good. This is worth it, just unexpected because you expect to get some of these things when you book the hotel and the cost is what brings you to book it in the first place.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
nice place to stay, convienent to subway system. Only real negative was the attempted up-sell for extra benefits related to items such as breakfast and wi-fi use.
4 night trip Jul 16, 2014
Bill Tickle
"Great Location in London Hotel is a little old"
Great Location in London a 3 minute walk to the metro station & 10 minute walk to the kensington gardens! Hotel woke us up at 10:00 am with loud weird noises. Besides that great experience!
3 night family trip Jul 23, 2014
Ramon
"Easy access from airport and train station"
Very comfortable
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Ann
"How dare hotels charge for WiFi"
Upon check in, we were advised that WiFi and breakfast would be an addition 25 GBP PER NIGHT. That is just unacceptable with today's technology. The good news - The check in clerk knew how upset I was about it, and gave me a WiFi code to use. The bad news - it still didn't work in our room - only in the hotel lobby. I will say though that the rooms were very clean.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
Jackie
"Great location and value in London!"
Hotel is very clean, friendly and helpful staff, and near the High Street Kensington tube which is a great location. Great pub around the corner- Devonshire Arms- is fun and has good food & free wifi. Hotel was asking £10/day for wifi and is the reason I gave it overall rating of 4 stars instead of 5. £10/day for wifi is ridiculous when so many offer free or very cheap. Needles ripoff when other than that it's a lovely stay.
3 night trip Jul 10, 2014
Miriam
"I would definitely stay here again"
I enjoyed the hotel. With a short walk to the tube, solid water pressure, a comfortable bed and a great price for the weekend of the Wimbledon finals you could not go wrong with the Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington. I would definitely stay here again the next time I visit London.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
As London hotels, are very expensive, this was a more reasonable cost hotel. You are able to walk to nearby restaurants, parks and the tube.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Easy access to sites, great value"
This hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the nearest tube station and hop on/hop-off tours of London. Therefore, if you don't mind walking 15 minutes, it provides easy access to any of the major sites you would want to see in central London. The surrounding neighborhood is lively with many small and large shops and felt safe. The outside of the hotel looks very dated and I was initially worried that the inside would match, but the inside was actually fairly updated and nice. The hotel was very busy and service at the front desk was slow. I was asked whether I'd like to place a credit card on file or pay as I went, and I decided to pay as I went. Unfortunately, that meant when I ordered room service, they would only accept cash unless I went back to the front desk and placed a credit card on file. This seemed irrational. Otherwise, I have no complaints and the hotel was a great value for the location.
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2014
Jaclyn
"Nicer than expected"
The hotel is gorgeous! Very old school and classy. Rooms so nice and the staff is first-rate. We ended i[ getting one of the Club House rooms at a great rate online. My only word of caution is if you are an American, you are used to having a full-sized bed. With my husband, my 12-year-old son, and myself, they gave us 3 twin beds! It was fine for vacation but not the best for tall people,
3 night trip Jun 22, 2014
Happy in CA
Only problem was I booked 2 beds and when I got there they insisted they has given away all the 2 bed rooms so I would have to the a single large bed. Only after much argument and insisting I speak with management did I get the kind of room that I asked for. After 24 hours of travel that isn't how you would wish to be welcomed. The hotel has an outstanding location and for that reason I would stay again.
7 night trip Jun 26, 2014
"Best stay in London to date"
From the comfort of the room to the quality of service and its fantastic location, this hotel provides outstanding accommodation in London, all at competitive rates for such a high price city. A short and pleasant walk to Kensington High Street, it is tucked in a quiet part of one of London's most vibrant neighborhoods. The charm and tasteful design of the hotel's interior makes up for the its unattractive exterior. This hotel is likely to become my "pied-a-terre" when I come to London.
5 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
"A Pleasant Surprise for the cost."
I was not expecting anything fancy for a hotel literally included in an air/hotel package. The room layout matched that of my favorite hotel in Los Angeles exactly, so I felt very well oriented. The location is excellent. The beds were very crisp and comfortable with little European comforters taking the place of a top sheet and blanket. There was plenty of drawer space but the closet had rods that ran front to back, making them difficult to use. The bathroom was small and very clean with a wonderful shelf for toiletry items behind the sink and very well lit. The tub shower was wonderful with great pressure. There is a hair dryer and well lit mirrors in the room so two people could get dressed the same time. The room worked beautifully for a mother and son traveling together. The longer we stayed the more we realized how comfortable and pleasant the room was to come home to at the end of the day. I'd recommend it for anyone wanting a nice economical place to stay in London. I have stayed at some very fine hotels and I was perfectly happy at the Copthorne Tara.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Sam
"Decent hotel close to Kensington High Street"
Stayed for work for 5 days. Decent hotel in a good location, close to Kensington High Street tube station. A little off the main street which was good. Property was decent enough but in need of a refresh.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Bethany
"If you like outdated, this is the place for you!"
I was traveling with my 12 year old grandson. Rooms are beyond outdated. Toilet leaked. Beds were okay. Food was very expensive for what you got. Hotel smelled musty. Lobby was the best area in hotel. A soda pop is $7.50US. We had to unplug lights to plug in phone, camera, iPad or hair dryer. Bathrooms have no outlets. Location worked fine for us. Everything is a ways away so had to take cabs.
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2014
Joan
"Cop.Tara - a great location for exploring London."
Check in/out prompt and easy. Good restaurants if you don't want to go out. Couple of blocks from tube station. Walking distance for several good restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
BG
"Very nice hotel"
Nice hotel and clean Near to a metro station and city center with great resturants and shopping
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
ahmad
"wish I'd known"
Would have been to know ahead of time that Wi-Fi costs an extra 10 pounds a night.
5 night family trip Jun 13, 2014
"Can't be beat location!"
Awesome staff. Room a little drab. Location fantastic. Great food. Black cabs readily available and tube just around the corner.
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
cindy
Stay was great. Laundry was quite expensive though.
3 night trip Jun 8, 2014
"Great Service, Great Location"
This was my second time at the hotel, all was great and the service was excellent. The location of the hotel is prime.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Rabie
"Excellent hotel. Very close to the subway."
Will stay again. Good value for London.
5 night trip Jun 5, 2014
"80 degrees is not okay"
Nice hotel, great location for west /central london. Staff are attentive, but our 2 night stay was rendered memorable for the wrong reasons due to the temperature control in the rooms [or lack thereof]. We called reception who sent up an engineer who promptly told us that the air cooling system was working fine - it registered 80 degrees F in the room at this point. The only remedy we had was to take cold showers every 4-5 hours. There is something wrong with this. On entering the corridors, we were met with a wall of cool air, so there is obviously an issue here. Based on this, I would never stay there again outside of winter months. Other minor gripes - internet is sold as 24h for 10 GBP [approx. 15 USD] but shuts off at midnight - not 24 later. After 5 phone calls to reception / help desk we got this rectified.
Other trip Jun 13, 2014
GRAHAM
The hotel is located within walking distance to all public transportation. The staff is helpful especially in assisting in planning your transportation to the various sight seeing places. The hotel is clean and the rooms comfortable. On the down side you have to pay 10 pounds per day for wifi services and 1 pond to use the internet cafe. Internet services in the business centre was free but the computer needs upgrading.
1 night trip Jun 3, 2014
"Very good place to stay"
The staff is friendly and helpful. We upgraded because of arriving early...it was well worth the money. We would stay there again & recommend it for a trip to London.
6 night trip May 26, 2014
Kathie
"Great location to reach popular sites"
The hotel is well situated and really close to the High Street Kensington tube stop. They say the hotel is 4 stars but I guess there's a different standard in the UK vs the US. The room was stuffy and the bathrooms were not as clean I would've liked. Specifically the bathmats.
Other trip Jun 3, 2014
Missing free wifi. Missing information about culture and events. The staff were not able to find information from the computer. Messing guide books in the souvenirshop. No newspapers in the lobby ( only yesterday's paper ).
4 night trip May 23, 2014
Mariann Karmisholt
"Only adequate saved by location"
One night stay. Rooms are small and a bit outdated but clean and they supplied you with minimal necessities. They charge very high prices for breakfast. And there is no free Wi-Fi anywhere in the hotel. You can purchase it for an exorbitant rate. In this day and age that is simply becoming unacceptable. My daughter needed to change the pick up location for a car and they were completely helpful. I felt like they nickeled and dimed you for everything. it was okay for one night but I would not have enjoyed a longer stay. The hotel had no charm or soul.
Other trip May 27, 2014
M.E.
"Located in a lovely area of London"
The lobby of the hotel was fairly nice, however I feel the rooms are in dire need of updating. While the bed was very comfortable, the room does not appear to have been updated since the 80's. The bathtub was fine for me but would be very difficult for anyone with limited mobility as it was a bit of a climb to get in and out of. Often times it was a challenge to get a hold of the staff, whether it be room service or the concierge. However, when you were able to get the attention of a staff member, they were incredibly helpful and really went out of their way to assist you.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Erika
"Great location."
2nd stay here. Rooms decent size. Definitely recommend it. Big hotel though.
Other trip May 18, 2014
Amit
"great location very helpful staff"
Help from staff to make stay enjoyable and easy to make good use of each day. Room might be small but very clean and good condition. Great buffet
3 night family trip May 3, 2014
steve
For the location and price a good choice
1 night business trip May 3, 2014
"Smells like mold."
The hotel staff was friendly and the location was very convenient, however, the halls and guest rooms smelled like mold. It was so bad that my clothes and hair absorbed the smell and caused my allergies to act up. I would not stay here again, but would choose a nearby hotel.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Shannon
"Convenient Location, Responsive Service"
This hotel was our final stop on a multi-stage trip with an infant through England. All the places we stayed provided cribs ("cots" in Brit-English) but our baby seemed to like this one the best. Getting here was a breeze since it is very close to the Kensington High Street station which connects with several of the main train stations in London. The location was also great for walking to Hyde Park and several museums. We had two minor problems with the room: difficulty controlling the temperature, and a problem with the TV. In both instances a call to the desk prompted an amazingly speedy response which corrected both issues. All of the staff we interacted with (check-in/out, guest services, concierge, and waitstaff in the lounge) were extremely helpful and easy to deal with.
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice and well located"
We stayed there for 4 nights, the hotel has a great location, good facilities, and clean. Other than the noise (vaccum cleaning the corridors at 7 am) in the morning that wakes you up many times it is all fine.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
Rabie
"Excellent value for the location"
I can't imagine you could beat this hotel in terms of value (with quality) in central London. The location was perfect, just a short walk to the Tube, and the room was very spacious by European standards, and cleaned impeccably each day of our stay. The hotel is a little older, but again, the room was spotless. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a well-positioned, comfortable place to stay while in London for vacation. Would definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Mar 28, 2014
"Close and convenient"
Walking distance to so much and in a great neighborhood with shops and restaurants.
2 night trip Apr 9, 2014
excellent hotel and very reasonable price. I would stay there again for sure.
2 night business trip Mar 20, 2014
David H Stewart
"A well placed, well priced hotel"
Our stay was a wonderful one. All aspects of the stay were pleasant. One small concern: The windows do not open for fresh air to enter, one has to depend on the heat and air conditioning. We will, however, be back again.
6 night trip Mar 16, 2014
"Centrally located hotel"
We were a family of 5 adults sharing 2 rooms. 1 was a room with 2 twin beds and the other a suite with adjoining rooms and 1 main bathroom and a powder room. We ran out of toilet paper in the powder room which was never replenished and the main bathroom had a blocked toilet, which in fairness, when we called maintenance , they came promptly. You cannot beat the location of this hotel but other than that was an older hotel with run down rooms. The staff in the reception areas were very nice !
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
maria
"A friendly hotel"
I stayed in the hotel for 7 nights in 3 different checked-in dates. What I like most was the staffs were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean apart from the beds were a bit on the small size. The restaurant was very efficient at breakfast but somehow very slow at night. The only thing I found is not right was I asked the hotel to look after a piece of luggage for me while I had to go away for two days. They asked for a 2 pounds per day storage. It wasn't that 4 pounds I have to pay but I think the principal is wrong while I have booked rooms for 7 nights and have also paid 30 pounds for leaving the car there for that two nights.
3 night trip Mar 9, 2014
Richard Fung
"Excellent stay"
Our daughter is studying at the London Dramatic Academy, and this hotel was so convenient to be able to visit with her, and travel to most places in London. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the extra bonus of the "club" access was great for breakfast and a complimentary evening drink. We read the reviews before we came, and some of the comments about the "dated" facilities were false, it was a lovely hotel, with fine accommodations, and we had a superb view of London from our window!
Other trip Mar 19, 2014
"Good area. Affordable price."
Short stay. Rooms overlooking underground track on lower floors are noisy.
Other trip Mar 18, 2014
"A really nice hotel for the money"
While the hotel is a little ugly from the outside, the inside is quite elegant. The neighborhood is quiet and very close to underground, shopping, and restaurants. The lobby is large and pleasant and populated with attentive staff, so if one has questions, easy to get answers. Free Wi-Fi during my stay if one provides them an email address. Was expecting to get lots of marketing emails, but not yet. The rooms are small but well appointed with somewhat worn but functional furniture: desk, drawers, bedside and regular table, and a big flat screen TV with a nice range of channels. The bathrooms are also very clean and modern. My only gripe was that when I arrived I did not get my preference of a single double bed, but instead a room with two twin beds. Was told that even though they could see my preference, the only way to guarantee the bed choice was to book directly through the hotel. That seems unfair for Hotels.com customers and anyone else booking through an intermediary. But even with that, would stay there again.
5 night trip Feb 17, 2014
GS
"Parking Penalty!!!"
I've had two incidents and this last incident proves that there is something wrong with the process in which paid guest parking is not reported or synchronized with the 3rd party company that manages the on-site parking complex. I paid for parking during check-in and accurately recorded the license plate. After returning to the US, i receive notice from the rental company that the hotel parking management company penalized me for not paying my parking fee. I contact the hotel accounting department but they inform me that I have to sort this out myself. Copthorne needs to fix this repeating parking penalty syndrome.
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
Francois
"Nice hotel , good value for money"
Short stay in London , nice area close to underground .we had breakfast included on our booking which I recommend .we never had wi-fi $10 per 24 hours ..... But should have probably have got in the original booking as it was useful .
Other trip Feb 11, 2014
jmac
"Successful Return to a Recent Discovery"
I come to London at least once each year. This was my second stay at the Copthorne Tara, and I enjoyed it once again. The hotel is moderately priced, it's clean, the bed was very comfortable, the temperature in the room was perfect, and there was an excellent full English breakfast buffet daily. For all those reasons it is now my "go to" hotel in London....
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Disappointing "4-star" Experience"
When we booked 4-star accommodations, we were definitely expecting more than this. The staff was nice and the location was convenient (near a train station with plenty of eating, shopping, etc nearby), but that didn't make up for the hotel itself. It felt like it was about 100 years old and hadn't been renovated, there were coffee stains on our bathroom door, the bed was hard as a rock. There were some basic expectations that we had of a hotel with that level of rating that simply were not met.
4 night business trip Jan 8, 2014