All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Poor vibe
    Bad internet service
  • Wellness Area
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"I Would Stay Again...and Again"
Great location. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room was small but the bed(s) were very comfortable. The furniture was very outdated. Even the wall covering in the bathroom was very old and out-of-style. But Who Cares? It's a 3-minute walk to a major Underground station. The neighborhood was vibrant without being too loud or busy with great restaurants and shops. We would stroll around in the evenings and were quite comfortable. We felt safe the whole time. If you are going to London...Stay at the Copthorne Tara. Great Value and a very nice experience.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your complimentary review following your recent stay at the Copthorne Tara Hotel. We are delighted that you were pleased with the warm welcome from our staff, the comfortable room and the safe location of the hotel in close proximity to the shops, restaurants and transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Other trip Jun 10, 2015
"Good location, but problems that were not resolved"
I've stayed in this hotel many times, and liked it, but their staff is having trouble handling problems. I had problems with the lights, which didn't work right, and I had to call for help 5 days in a row. Was better but not fully resolved. My room included free wifi, but the wifi didn't work more than 10 minutes straight without shutting down. After 5 days of my 7 day stay, they said the problem was the location of my room, and offered to move me. I was too busy to move, but wonder why it took so long for them to offer! As a business person, good wifi is essential, so this was a problem for me and I will look for another hotel next time. Also I believe that coffee cups should smell clean, not like old coffee, after the cleaners have been in. Some improvement needed here too, although the hotel is generally clean.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are very sorry for the issues you experienced with the lights and wifi in your room and that we were unable to resolve these during your visit. Your comments have been passed to our Management Team to review as part of ongoing repairs and future improvement programs. We would like an opportunity to restore your confidence in our facilities and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Other trip Jun 7, 2015
Eileen
"Good location Kensington"
I picked the hotel for the location. The room rate was good for London. The lobby and staff was great. Our room on the 6th floor was very quiet. Construction was basic but overall the room was clean. They did charge for wifi
Other trip Jun 4, 2015
KVEvich
"London mon amour..."
Visiting London again after a few years I fell in love once again. A city that offers all of everything but with a distinctive human feeling, where human exchanges are possible, where every individual personality has its place. Yes, it is busy, full of tourists and kids drink a bit much. But the general sense of pacific coexistence feels very reassuring. And it is so much fun! Just going around is a mine of impressions and observations. I would skip the London eye which to me is overrated. I would return any minute to Kew Gardens. Food that does not cost an arm and a leg can be disappointing. Chains have a the "bad habit" of lowering their standards as soon as the establish themselves and they become popular. Museums are fantastic and FREE. But everything else is very, VERY expensive. 5 pounds for a small ice cream in a relatively famous gelateria... a bit more than 4 pounds for a tube ticket no matter how far you go (fortunately you can by an Oyster card for 32 pounds plus 5 pounds of a refundable deposit). Too bad I could not afford to stay for a longer time.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
Savvy traveler
Overall I was satisfied with my stay and would go back.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
"Nice hotel close to central buy bus or tube"
Rooms are clean .stuff are very nice and helpfull. Bus and tube station are very close to the hotel .very easy to get to the center and all main atraction.breakfast is is basic .
Other trip May 29, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Kensington palace"
Excellent hotel excellent location Happy with experience
Other trip May 28, 2015
"Great location and fine hotel."
We stayed at the Tara for 3 nights, 21may-24may 2015. The lobby is lovely, very inviting. The area is in Knightsbridge close to the museums and stores. The only thing wrong is that there is NO 110volt accessability. My husband uses a cpac for breathing at night and it was not possible to use it at this hotel.
3 night romance trip May 21, 2015
JUDITH
We stayed at the Tara for two nights during a three day stay in London (visiting Chelsea Flower Show). It was the first time we have been to this hotel and they were welcoming from the moment we presented ourselves at the reception desk to the moment of leaving the staff and hotel were excellent. We had a quiet and extremely comfortable superior plus twin room on a high floor. We would use the hotel again.
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Copthorne Tara was a nice surprise."
Very well located and nice staff and service.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Thank you for your complimentary review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the warm welcome from our staff and location of the hotel in close proximity to the shops/restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
4 night trip with friends May 14, 2015
"Just OK"
I was in The UK for a long Holiday. The hotel is just OK, I was stunned by the uncleanliness of the room. There were layers of dust that hadn't been cleaned in a long time. On a plus side, the neighborhood was very good and the staff pleasant
3 night trip May 5, 2015
"Copthorne Tara May 2015 1 week"
I chose this hotel after looking at the London area for over a year. The close contenders were classier and put out of reach by their prices. What I paid for this hotel seemed reasonable for a 7 night stay. The location of the Copthorne Tara is fantastic. You are a five minute walk from High Street Kensington, the tube station, shopping and restaurants. Kensington Palace and Hyde Park are a 15 minute leisurely walk away. In the opposite direction, you can reach Cromwell Road, the museum of Natural History and the Victoria and Albert museum in a 20 minute stroll. Another ten minutes will get you to Harrod's department store. The hotel lobby is nicely appointed, clean and spacious. There is a muffin/coffee shop just passed the main entrance. The goodies go on 50% off sale after 5 or 6 pm and they are delicious. The restaurant/bar has a nice atmosphere. I ate there twice (Millenium burger and fish and chips) and the food/service was good. There is a nice selection of draft beer as well. My room was of standard size with a queen bed. The view was of the hotel's first floor roof and the backside of the neighboring hotel. The A/C was old and the drapes covered the register, so I had to push them back onto the window sill to get any airflow. The furnishings need updating as they are probably 10 years old and worn. The bed was comfy. The downside was for two nights I had no hot water. The shower was lukewarm at best. The hallways conduct too much noise.
Other trip May 11, 2015
"Nice hotel and worth all the costs."
The hotel was ideal for me while in London.The staff were more than helpful and cordial despite at times adverse conditions. The room was well-kept and comfortable. The location was in a safe and well-lit area and near a tube station. I hope this gives people an account of my experiences.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Geezer
"Good location and good people. Small room and beds"
The hotel is on the old side and shows. The people and the service were really good. The reception people were really nice, the breakfast crew was very competent, the service in general was very nice, BUT BEWARE of the recommendations from the concierge. Their "partners" are very expensive. A car service hired thru the hotel will cost you as much as double of other car services in town. The rooms are a bit on the small side and the double beds are at most double, although they look more like full beds. I ended up switching for a double twins room to be able to sleep better.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the friendly service from our staff and the location in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. Your comments on the Concierge car service recommendation and the bed size have been passed to our Management Team for review. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
2 night family trip Apr 27, 2015
Filipe
"Superb Value"
The hotel is easy to reach by the Underground. Location is superb!. Near Kensington Palace, Gardens, Easy walk to Buckingham Palace. Puiblic transportation is a block away. Friendly, courteous staff. I will definitively stay here again. A good value. The Club offers a breakfast that will get you going in your day to all the sight seeing perhaps even to skip lunch.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to post a review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted you were pleased with the helpful service from our staff, the substantial Club Lounge breakfast and the location of the hotel in close proximity to High Street Kensington. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back for future trips to London.
3 night family trip Apr 25, 2015
Patria
"Over priced and just plain old!"
The quality of the hotel was OK but the employees were slow and inefficient. The bed was hard and lumpy, the air conditioner was noisy and didn't get the room cool. The business center didn't work and some of the employees were rude. The Asian restaurant charged 1 pound for an extra tea cup. Are you kidding? The food was OK at best. The bar had a large advert sign saying watch your favorite football team here and all they had on was talk shows. We stayed there during the 2012 Olympics. It was nicer then. Now it is the hotel to avoid.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
Reds
Very happy to recommend to friends. Would certainly use again.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
We had a first class experience. Location is superb. All staff so helpful and pleasant. So easy to find, near tube station and great bus service nearby. Would recommend this hotel to anybody.
Other trip Apr 23, 2015
"Excellent staff, room a bit tired"
Excellent and helpful staff. Room a little worn around the edges, except bathroom, recently remodeled. Overall a positive experience.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
jeff
"Good Hotel Excellent Location Phenomenal Staff"
One of the best deals one of London's best areas. The hotel was clean, upscale (but certainly not 5 star), good restaurants, large open bar, and the option right now to upgrade to a club level room for approximately $80.00 US. The club rooms have an excellent view of London & come with club lounge access. The club lounge has complimentary coffee & tea; a daily happy hour with complimentary beer & wine & food. If you plan on eating one meal at the hotel the upgrade pays for itself. The hotel is clean & rooms slightly larger then comparable competitors. The beds & sheets were clean & comfortable. The pillows on the other hand were terrible, thin, & hard. Which is the only reason I gave the hotel a 3-Star rating instead of 4. The customer service is exceptional. The receptionist 'Mariann' greeted me with a sincere smile & she informed me of the optional and reasonably priced upgrade discussed above. She also helped arrange a car service to pick me up upon checkout. The car service was another bargaig. The fare was only ₤50.00 for both my father and I to Heathrow airpot. (An exceptional bargain, the price set by the hotel.) The express train would have been about the same amount, Uber would have been about ₤70.00 (I know because that's how I got to the hotel), & a proper London Black Cab would have been well over ₤100.00. I was taken to the airport in luxury, a new Mercedes S Class. Mariann & the rest of the hotel staff provided perfect 5 Star service.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay in April. We are delighted that you and your father were pleased with our hotel and it’s amenities and the warm welcome from our Reception Team. We are happy that our staff were able to assist with satisfactory onward travel arrangements. Your comment on the pillows has been passed to our Executive Head Housekeeper for review. We really appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Angelo
Really friendly and obliging welcoming staff would go straight back again!!
Other trip Apr 19, 2015
The ouside of the hotel definitely looked nicer on the pictures than in reality, however the lobby is gorgeous. The room was relatively basic, but with a TV, towels and the means to make tea and coffee. The room was relatively clean, however, the bathroom could have been cleaner. I suppose, for the number of stars it has, I'd expect more of it, but for what we paid, I suppose it was alright.
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"Good Location in London"
One of the best locations in London. Hotel is functional
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
1 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Matthew
"Nice neighborhood, quiet hotel"
Old style hotel but very good for staying in.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with our hotel and it's amenities and the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 night family trip Apr 3, 2015
Danilo
We have stayed at this Hotel several times and have always found the Hotel and staff very nice.
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
room décor rather tired - allegedly a ''superior'' room - seen more luxury for lower prices on 4 in a bed!. had to unplug the fridge, far too noisy, managed about 4hrs sleep as room overlooked the district and circle lines so quiet only when the transport system closed. would stay there again as ideal location IF room faced a different direction
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
The hotel is ideally situated of Kensington High Street. It is less than 5 minutes walk to the underground and an excellent bus service (nos. 9 and 10) to Centre of London. It is very close to the V&A and the Natural History Museum and the Royal Albert Hall.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Nice hotel, courteous, very helpful, awesome staff"
Wonderful experience the staff was very helpful and I would definitely stay again.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
odessa104
"located in one of the nicest areas of London"
it is in a quiet, exclusive neighborhood and yet 2 minutes from the underground and from there to anywhere in London. it is a busy hotel but you would never know it. the staff are great and I found the room very comfortable with amenities and at the same time quiet.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Patti
"Hotel needs a complete refurbishment"
My room the first night was terrible, curtains falling off the wall, wallpaper peeling around the bad and shower not working properly also there was smells from the ventilation. I was upgraded the next day for the remainder of my stay but the hotel is old and tired and need a complete refurbishment.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are very sorry that your room fell short of expectations. Your comments on the decor have been passed to our Management Team to review as part of ongoing improvements. We would like an opportunity to restore your confidence in our services and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
4 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
"Nicest staff ever!"
Area was terrific! Staff were both creative and helpful! The room was missing some amenities which seemed unexpected
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the helpful service from our staff and the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 night trip with friends Mar 9, 2015
Chipped glasses in bar, torn towels, the room that I booked was not available so I was given a lower standard room, wi-fi is not free (who does that anymore?!?) etc
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
400 metres to High st> Kensington tube. Good facilities there. overall a good quality hotel but as always depends on the price paid for that stay
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
The staff helped me with a few minor room issues with excellent customer service and speed. I was impressed with the location with the High Street Kensington underground station within 5 min walk and a wonderful little cafe 'The Muffin Man' and taxis always available on site.
Other trip Feb 27, 2015
All is great ... Toilet flushing is too slow and problematic
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your complimentary review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the hotel and it's amenities. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
1 night trip Feb 24, 2015
Mardoche
The bedroom would be better with a wider bed, there is enough room to fit one in.
Other trip Feb 26, 2015
"Management tried to help but it was too late"
This experience was terrible aside from the staff. The staff was nice and tried to help but the room was too dirty and by the time they tried to make it up to us, we were sleeping. When we arrived at 8:30 pm the room was not ready yet (which we did not learn until we went downstairs to our room to see a cleaning guy). We went back upstairs and they offered us drink tickets while our room was getting ready (they said 20 minutes). It was late and I just wanted to go to bed not have drinks. Instead, they offered us a room on the 5th floor that had twin beds that they could push together to make a larger bed and I said I didn't want the little divide between the beds. They said not to worry because you would not feel it and I said okay. They said our room was ready and that the beds were ready. I assumed they sent someone up while we finished changing rooms but they did not. So, when we arrived, we had to get up to our room and wait for them to come (meaning we could not get settled). Upon entry into our room, it felt like a low cost hotel--like about $60 worth. Their was a rust stain on the floor, the shower curtain was not fully attached to the rod and it was dingy and needed updating. We were tired so I thought, it's fine, let's just go to sleep. On my comforter and pillows were little drops of blood. Upon reporting this to a curt housekeeping number (after trying for two minutes to get connected), it was 15 minutes before I decided to speak to management. They
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Jackie
Old bathroom, small bedroom, small bed ,but overall satisfying
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Enjoyable stay friendly attentive staff. Room clean and comfortable will use again. Excellent choice buffet breakfast.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Personal Opinion"
I have had a good stay because I paid 50 GBP more against the basic price, and I had a Club Room, free Wi Fi access,good breakfast and free access at the Club Room.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay in February. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the Club Room and the Club Lounge amenities. We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
MARCO
"Value for Money"
Nestled in the heart of Kensington, The Copthorne Tara was a true delight. Its comfortable, quiet rooms were a much needed escape from the hustle bustle of the city. The staff were always on the ball, polite, and very helpful. And the location allowed surprisingly easy access to the Underground, a choice of restaurants, and Kensington Gardens.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your complimentary review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the helpful service from staff, the comfortable room and the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
3 night family trip Nov 18, 2014
We had asked for a quiet room and was told by the lady at the registration that we did have a quiet room we listened to the trains instead of sleeping. I had booked 3 superior double room and one of the double beds was a twin bed pushed together and the seam in the middle was very uncomfortable consequently my colleague ended with a back pain for the ext day. Breakfast very poor to say the least.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
The main attraction of this hotel for us is the underground parking for £20 per night as a resident. I'm sure the top rate rooms are well appointed and very comfortable but at the rate paid (£80 per night for a double no breakfast) the room was comfortable but no better than Premier Inn quality. Decor was tired, the room backed on to the District/Circle Line outside High Street Kensington and despite double glazing was quite noisy. Tellingly the upper shelf of the wardrobe had not been dusted for some time and replacement of tea bags, sugar etc in the room was intermittent. The hotel bar is good and there is an excellent restaurant although steak was rather pricey (£29 for 8 oz sirloin). I'd stay again for its convenient location and parking but I do think it could brush up on decor and cleaning.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Perfect for that long week end.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"A conference event at the hotel and my stay there"
The internet access and speed has destroy my impression for the Hotel. They charge 10 pounds per day for something that it does not work. When you complain they ask you to call an external service and destroy your time with reboots and so on. If you complain again they reply that 500-600 are using the network and nobody else complained!!! If you told that the speed is not enough for such hotel they quote 15% discount to the bar! Dont stay at this hotel if the internet access is important for you.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
christos
"Good hotel, close to good transportation."
I was given a "superior plus" room which included free Wifi. This was an unexpected benefit. Wifi can cost you an extra $15 a day. Breakfast is not included in the hotel price, but it can be purchased for approx. $20. There are many good, reasonably priced restaurants nearby. For breakfast, I ate at "The Muffin Man" which is excellent and very close to the hotel. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very helpful. The area is outstanding, with so many places of interest. I have used this hotel before, and hope to use it again.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Horrible service"
I had requested early check-in which was supposed to be around 35 pounds (or dollars - dont remember). After a 25 hour flgiht, when I finally went to the hotel at 7:45, they said they did not have anything and the only rooms they have are club rooms. I told them "ok - I will take it for one day for 50 pounds" and will move to the regular room the next night. But they said I have to take the offer for both the nights which was ridiculous. But I had to take a shower and really wanted a room. Ended up spending $150 extra for two nights Hotel is old, internet is slow (consitently got less than 4 mbps in my room) - not really sure why this is 4 star or why people rated this hotel so high.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Sashi
"Cheap but tatty."
This place is hugely convenient for a bunch of meetings I had which is why I picked the place. Staff nice and all that but the place needs a little bit of tlc. It's all just a little tatty and the beds even on club level were pretty small. Somebody just needs to invest some money in the place. Although if they did you wouldn't get the killer deals this hotel currently offers. Oh, and don't get me started on the internet. Useless.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the good value for money and the location of the hotel in close proximity to High Street Kensington. Your comments on the decor and wifi have been passed to our Management Team to review for future improvements. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
4 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Our stay was excellent! The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and close to the metro. I highly reccomend this hotel.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your complimentary review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the friendly service from our staff and the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
I like very much to stay with you while in London. Have stayed here in four ocasions and I plan to go back. Thank you. Your receptionist Sonia and all are great.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015