All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
Scarsdale Place, Kensington, London, England, W8 5SR, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very nice place"
The staff was very friendly and professional. The place was clean and well organized.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Phil
returning customer, will be back soon
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Good hotel in great location"
Good hotel that could be great. It needs to work on climate control (always too hot), use fabric softener on its towels and expand its room service menu, but then the rates would rise.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. Your comments on the heating, towels and room service menu have been passed to our Management Team to review. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
7 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"A third rate hotel in a great part of London"
Do you believe that hotels should give you wifi? Me too. But that won't be your experience at the Copthorne Tara hotel in beautiful Kensington. "We're sorry sir, but wifi is not included for our guests who book through a service". You'll also be given a room at the far end of the hotel, and won't be able to use your phone unless you go down and pay a deposit first. OK. I understand the last bit. But do you think this could all be handled when you check in. Drawers had a woman's long brown hair in them which I wiped out with a damp bath towel. The only thing this "hotel" had going for it was a lovely staff from all parts of the EU, and a truly comfortable bed and pillows. But book this place to stay through a service and you're a second class guest. If you want to stay in Kensington like I do, check out the Kensington Close next door. Modern, lovely staff. I know because I checked out of the Tara and into the Close for a slightly longer stay in London.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are sorry that your stay fell short of expectations. Your comments have been passed to our Management Team to review as part of ongoing improvements. We would like an opportunity to restore your confidence in our services and hope to welcome you back in the future.
5 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2014
We booked two rooms as there were 4 adults and two children. We were upgraded to a better standard of rooms but although on the same floor, they were quite far apart which made it awkward for the children flitting between the rooms. Our room was at the rear of the hotel backing onto the underground which was noisy until late and early in the morning. We were only staying for one night and really enjoyed the breakfast which was of good quality. We would certainly stay at the hotel again because of its central position.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Overall is satisfaction but the wifi inside the room is not that stable and quite slow! Hope u guys can do sth to improve it
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Location to tube station is key with this hotel. Rooms were tired but so close to the tube station to get into the centre!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
I would stay again if i visit London , It is so close to many famous place
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with our hotel and it's amenities and the location in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
It was comfortable though rooms need updating but location is really good
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Last days in UK"
I always stay in the Copthorne Hotel when in London. It is a friendly and efficiently run hotel in a wonderfully situated area. So close to buses, shops, tube, and park.
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Dawn
"Just okay"
Average UK hotel. Elevator service is exceptionally slow. It took 20 minutes to get to the lobby on most mornings.
4 night business trip Nov 22, 2014
"Nice oasis in a sea of horrible London hotels."
Have stayed here several times and always love it. In general London hotels are unapologetically horrible but this one is worth spending the extra bucks for. Near Whole Foods, tube station, and Hyde Park.
3 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Leslie
"STAYED THERE BEFORE AND WOULD STAY AGAIN"
GOOD location, well maintained, helpful staff, excellent full british breakfast.
5 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Strange location, wonderful hotel"
This hotel is almost hidden from the main streets, tucked away next to an Underground track. So it looks a little tacky from the outside. Inside is a well managed hotel, where the service is quite good, and the rooms all look like the size that Americans expect --- not always the case in London. The prices are always lower than other 4 star hotels, so the value for money is very very good.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Nice hotel very convenient to tube station"
Grandmother taking granddaughter on her first trip abroad
marta
"nice hotel in a quiet area and well situated very"
The hotel rooms are clean, the hotel was very well situated near the underground which was very convenient as we were there for business
stelios
"Can Do"
The hotel was nice and the location was perfect,the tube is very close good restaurants everywhere. The staff ... Several of them were very nice and understand Customer service but they have a huge staff and most of them in the bar and restaurant were dour and the concierge really didn't understand that they needed to know restaurants in the area and how to be can do. That's really all they are needed for Can Do, Can Help Know things. Many of the staff could benefit from sales training... How to win friends and influence people. Nice once you pushed them but maybe the no tipping deal should be re thought. They are missing it. I cant be alone on this.
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Booked 2 rooms to accommodate 2 adults and 4 children and requested adjoining rooms. Got one room on 4th floor and one on the 6th. Asked to be moved which was done with no fuss. Unfortunately they moved my partner from a twin room with a cot bed to a double.(she was sharing with 2 children aged 3 & 1). By the time we found out there were no other rooms available as hotel was full. They arranged to move her again the following day.Finally got adjoining rooms .Unfortunately they didn't move the cot bed .We found out when we returned to our room at 8pm that evening. It took 2 hours for the cot bed to turn up. How difficult is it ?
Other trip Nov 6, 2014
Hotel was adequate. Not sure how it gets 4*'s. The jump in quality to some 5* hotels is noticeable. The room was a similar size to certain high street chain hotels, and in need of updating and tidying up. Comfortable beds, especially the fold-away for my daughter, this was very good. The staff were excellent, efficient and helpful. I would stay there again but only with a cheap last minute deal.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
A save in the rooms would be very welcome !!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"ok hotel close to underground train ."
Be aware ! Club rooms and regular room have no difference they charges me $160 for upgrade and it was the same room as the one I had stayed week earlier . So I went back and cancelled the upgrade, now that I am back in USA I see my credit card and it shows that I was charged $160 even though I had cancelled it .
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Mudassir
"Nice city hotel, perfect for city trips"
We stayed here for 3 nights. Our goal was to have a good hotel with connection to the underground network and in walking distance of the museum area, and it was just that. Bit noisy due to it being located next to where the Circle Line and District Line alight, but otherwise a nice hotel in a really good area.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
I am very disaapointed to have to pay extra for in-room wifi. Very few good hotels charge extra and this would influence me regarding a future stay at one of your hotels. Staff were excellent.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"great location for high street ken and earls court"
like the hotel, love the location!
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Matthew
"Poor service"
Check-in was poor. They were slow, long line, with only 2 people at desk. I forgot my phone charger in room and called the hotel shortly after I had checked out. It took a long time for them to connect me to the house keeping department, 6 minutes on hold. Then when I spoke with them, they seemed like they couldn't be bothered to help me. Finally, they called back after supposedly looking in the room and told me that it was not there and the house keeper had not seen it. Really? So my conclusion is that someone is lying. Either no one checked or someone is keeping my charger, or both.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Three day stay at the tail end of a holiday. Have stayed here several times. Great semi-central location, bus service into city center easier than using tube. Only drawback is that the residents bar staff are quick to close. Management should downsize staff at end of evening and stay open later. I usually select club room so that I have a view of the city at about half the price I would pay closer in.
3 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Julian
"At the heart of Kensington"
Centrally located and easily accessible by tube or bus. Quiet area. Good size rooms. Efficient staff. Perfect as a pied a terre.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
GT
The Copthorne Tara is located in the lovely Kensington area away from the bustle of central London. The hotel can use some updating but overall was clean and comfortable and the staff accommodating. Most noteworthy is the convenience to everything -- The High Street train station is just around the corner with connections to every possible locality. Furthermore, good restaurants, shops, points of interest such as Kensington Palace, Hyde Park are all within walking distance.
4 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Great bargain in great neighborhood."
Been staying at this hotel for 20 years. It's in a great trendy neighborhood. Not exactly 5 star hotel, but clean, comfortable. I just wish the rooms had safe deposit boxes inside (the safe deposit boxes are in the lobby). I upgraded to the Club room upon arrival. Included breakfast which was excellent.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"In a great area"
Couple minutes walk to subway station, to shops, cafes, restaurants, Kensington castle and gardens..... The best of London without the overwhelming crowds of Oxford st!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
nevine
"Best thing is location"
No big complaints about this place, but would look elsewhere on my next visit to London. As others have written - if you arrive early, don't expect they will offer up a room, I assume even if they have one, unless you agree to pay a lot more - then they seem to have one available. Paid extra for the breakfast- wouldn't do that again.!!! Stayed 4 nights here. It was just okay.
4 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
"Vacation stay in London"
We stayed at the Copthorne for 6 nights and it was the fourth time we have stayed there. The hotel is very comfortable (nice bed, refrigerator, large room for London) and the breakfast was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. We love the location because it is a short walk to Kensington High Street and the tube. We rated the hotel condition a little low because the rooms could use updated furniture, etc. but the public rooms are updated. We will definitely stay here again.
6 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
gordon
Nice
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Great location, Disappointing rooms"
We stayed here for three nights while visiting London. The hotel lobby and facilities are very nice and the location is perfect for touring central London (very close to High Street Kensington station), but the room was small and outdated. Overall, we enjoyed our stay but probably would not stay here again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Pleasant experience"
We found the staff very friendly and helpful, making sure we got a room high up with an excellent view of the city. Our floor was quite, maids were very quiet, unlike most in the US. The High Street Kensington tube station is very close, as are good resturants, shopping, parks and a couple museums. The only negative of this area might be the travel time to many tourist spots. It didn't bother us but families may want to consider a more central location. Our room was clean and comfortable, though the bathroom was quite small...but this is pretty much the norm there so it was as expected. Overall we were quite pleased and would stay again.
5 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
"The London Tara as it always will be"
I have been using the Tara on and off over 30 years and it never fails to remind me that consistency can be gained at different levels, in this case good. The Tara never aims to be anything more than it has been. You are never excited or dissappointed.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Nice hotel with great location"
The hotel looks a little old and dated from the outside, but inside the lobby and rooms were great. The location in Kensington just around te corner from the underground made it super easy to get around town. Plus there were tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We chose to include breakfast with our stay and the food was good. Overall the hotel was clean and comfortable with incredibly nice and helpful staff.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Shannon
"Close to shopping and Hyde Park"
We enjoyed it very much. Liked that you could order food in the bar until 1 AM. Only complaint was that the AC was not turned on in our room when we arrived and it took a full day to cool it down.
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
"This is NOT a four star hotel"
On arrival, our room had an air conditioner that did not work properly, there was a chair with brown stains on the seat - I can only imagine what it was, and there was one glass in the bathroom - two guests, and one glass. I left the hotel for dinner, and requested that the chair be replaced, the air conditioner be repaired, and another glass be brought to the room. The air conditioner did not get repaired, a second glass was not brought to the room, and the chair was removed and replaced with a club chair that was so big that it blocked access to that side of the room, and the refrigerator. The room was small, and the furniture is well beyond fresh. I spoke with the night duty manager, and was told that I could be moved into an upgrade room that very night or in the morning. I said in the morning. The next day, the new duty manager said that there were no upgraded rooms available, but we would be moved after a room was vacated. The brass lamps were so old that the brass plating on them was worn off. We called room service 2 times in an hour with a request for ice to be sent. The first time we were told yes, right away. 20 minutes later, we were told that room service was very busy, they would be there soon. About 1 hour and 15 minutes after initial request, I went to the lobby, talked to a security person, and ice was delivered within 3 minutes. The room was not as clean as it should have been. I would never recommend this hotel.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Martha
Excellent location! Great hotel! It's 70s retro but clean and neat. They even let us keep our luggage there while we finished our adventures for the day. Excellent service! I would highly recommend this place.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Colleen
Very comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Okay Hotel"
This hotel is in a great location. Our "superior" room was drab but serviceable, with an un-appealing although basically clean and working bathroom. They are clearly looking to make up for internet discounts on room rates by charging exorbitant prices for everything else. I paid 20 pounds (including gratuity) for one breakfast, and the internet charge of 10 pounds per day is just price-gouging pure and simple. They should offer their wireless internet free, or at least at some nominal charge to cover their cost. The staff was spotty--one concierge was friendly but gave incorrect information, and one was curt and unpleasant. The housekeeping staff was non-English speaking and did not seem to follow a standard room-cleaning procedure--dirty coffee cups and yesterday's newspaper which I left on the floor, were not picked up, but left in the room as though I might be reusing them. The lobby and hotel shop are very nice. The ladies who staff the hotel shop are warm and friendly. Overall it is an OK hotel in a terrific location close to shopping and High Street Kensington station.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Perfect location whether for business or pleasure."
My wife and I have stayed at this hotel on many occasions during the past 14 years, including almost 14 weeks to date this year. It has proved to be an ideal location for business with excellent tube and taxi connections to the City and elsewhere in London. Close proximity to shopping in the West End (Oxford Street) and Knightsbridge (Harrods etc.) plus numerous parks, restaurants and cafes make it very convenient for vacationers. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful.. .
Other trip Aug 24, 2014
Garry
This is my 4th time to stay and I always enjoy the hotel n
5 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"My Trip to London"
I had stayed at this hotel before and knew that I had to stay there again. There are a couple of good reasons for that. First of all, it is very close to High Street Station. It is centrally located and many stores around it such as Whole Foods, H&M, Marks and Spencer and McDonalds. The staff at the hotel were very nice when I stayed three years ago and I found them again to be very friendly and helpful. The concierge, Edgarars, was helpful. He helped us plan a trip to Scotland as well as to France. In addition, he arranged for our taxi's to pick us up and take us to our destinations. He was very knowledgeable about the Tube and the time that the trains ran. The one thing that I would comment on is that the hotel could use some updating. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again and again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
Marie
"It was ok"
The room was nice and clean. The £ 11 breakfast buffet was total junk, the worst one I had ever eaten. Good thing is that there is Whole Food within 5 min walk, it solved the problem. The staff is helpful but everyone seems speak English with terrible accent, do they still hire natives?
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Arthur
First time to stay and found it to be very satisfactory. The hotel was spacious and had a nice feel, the rooms were good and the breakfast, including staff service and helpfulness was very good.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Nice hotel.Nice area.Very close to the tube.and shops. Nice and polite staff.Rooms were nice and clean, with a flat screen tv.We had 2 rooms on the 5th floor, was not noisy, Air condition was good in one room, and not so good in the other. We definitely recommend this hotel- good value for the money.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
Lovely room. Quiet at night. Really convenient location. Would definitely stay again.
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Nice bigger hotel, has everything you need"
The front desk was very keen on selling upgrades to their Club level. We did upgrade one of our rooms to club level at $50/night to get a rollaway bed, free wi-fi (it's not provided which is weird) and to get the included breakfast, which is very good. This is worth it, just unexpected because you expect to get some of these things when you book the hotel and the cost is what brings you to book it in the first place.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014