All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom
Scarsdale Place, Kensington, London, England, W8 5SR, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Horrible service"
I had requested early check-in which was supposed to be around 35 pounds (or dollars - dont remember). After a 25 hour flgiht, when I finally went to the hotel at 7:45, they said they did not have anything and the only rooms they have are club rooms. I told them "ok - I will take it for one day for 50 pounds" and will move to the regular room the next night. But they said I have to take the offer for both the nights which was ridiculous. But I had to take a shower and really wanted a room. Ended up spending $150 extra for two nights Hotel is old, internet is slow (consitently got less than 4 mbps in my room) - not really sure why this is 4 star or why people rated this hotel so high.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Sashi
"Cheap but tatty."
This place is hugely convenient for a bunch of meetings I had which is why I picked the place. Staff nice and all that but the place needs a little bit of tlc. It's all just a little tatty and the beds even on club level were pretty small. Somebody just needs to invest some money in the place. Although if they did you wouldn't get the killer deals this hotel currently offers. Oh, and don't get me started on the internet. Useless.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the good value for money and the location of the hotel in close proximity to High Street Kensington. Your comments on the decor and wifi have been passed to our Management Team to review for future improvements. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
4 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Excellent hotel"
Our stay was excellent! The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean and close to the metro. I highly reccomend this hotel.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your complimentary review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the friendly service from our staff and the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
4 night family trip Jan 11, 2015
I like very much to stay with you while in London. Have stayed here in four ocasions and I plan to go back. Thank you. Your receptionist Sonia and all are great.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"C"
When we got there they did not have our reservation. We waited for 30 mins just for them to find it. Then they gave a coupon for a drink. The drink I ordered was a Cosmopolitan. It was by far the worst drink I had in my life.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your recent stay. We are sorry that you were delayed at check-in and for the inconvenience you experienced. We would like an opportunity to restore your confidence in our amenities and hope to welcome you back in the future.
4 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"2 weeks stay"
We stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks and found it to be very pleasurable. Great location.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"Best value, reasonable hotel"
If you don't mind your hotel a little shabby around the edges this is a great choice, (it's possibly the best value proper 4 star hotel in west London).The location cannot be beaten , just off High Street Kensington and if you don't book via the hotel chain you're assured a room at the back of the hotel that backs onto railway tracks. That said its great value, quirky, in a good way, clean and comfortable enough for a short stay. I would stay here again.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington and the good value for money. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
1 night trip with friends Jan 1, 2015
keith
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Sonia & Robert bent over backwards to be sure that my room was satisfactory for 5 nights and that my son's family - 2 rooms - 3 nights would be as well. We were in a Club Room, which included free wifi & access to the Club Lounge where you can have a FULL English breakfast - even eggs Benedict, fresh squeezed OJ, berries and other fresh fruits...a really nice breakfast - not the Continental specified on their web site, and it is served until 10:30AM weekdays; 11AM weekends. Then there is the Club comp wine,beer soft drinks from 6:30 - 8PM. Altogether well worth the price of the upgrade. Regular rooms are the same size with similar furnishings. Jose the concierge was invaluable for planning our days out. Only downside was that the WiFi in the Business Center and Club Room terminals never functioned. But Jose cheerfully offered to print some necessary vouchers. Really a solid 4.5 stars ata 3 star price. Room Tip: If you choose a regular room, specify # 39 or below: example 432. Rooms # 40 and above overlook the... See more room tips Stayed December 2014, traveled with family 5 of 5 stars Location 4 of 5 stars Sleep Quality
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay in December. We are delighted that you were pleased with the helpful service from our staff, the Club Room and the buffet breakfast. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 night family trip Dec 14, 2014
"Club for sure"
A Club Room is the way to go here...great full breakfast served until 10:30 daily, 11AM Sunday + wine & beer from 6:30 - 8PM daily. Sonia & Robert at the front desk & Jose, the concierge were wonderful.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the helpful service from our staff, your Club Room and the Club Lounge amenities. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back for future trips to London.
3 night family trip Dec 16, 2014
"Very nice place"
The staff was very friendly and professional. The place was clean and well organized.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Phil
returning customer, will be back soon
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
"Good hotel in great location"
Good hotel that could be great. It needs to work on climate control (always too hot), use fabric softener on its towels and expand its room service menu, but then the rates would rise.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with the location of the hotel in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. Your comments on the heating, towels and room service menu have been passed to our Management Team to review. We really appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the near future.
7 night business trip Dec 7, 2014
"A third rate hotel in a great part of London"
Do you believe that hotels should give you wifi? Me too. But that won't be your experience at the Copthorne Tara hotel in beautiful Kensington. "We're sorry sir, but wifi is not included for our guests who book through a service". You'll also be given a room at the far end of the hotel, and won't be able to use your phone unless you go down and pay a deposit first. OK. I understand the last bit. But do you think this could all be handled when you check in. Drawers had a woman's long brown hair in them which I wiped out with a damp bath towel. The only thing this "hotel" had going for it was a lovely staff from all parts of the EU, and a truly comfortable bed and pillows. But book this place to stay through a service and you're a second class guest. If you want to stay in Kensington like I do, check out the Kensington Close next door. Modern, lovely staff. I know because I checked out of the Tara and into the Close for a slightly longer stay in London.
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are sorry that your stay fell short of expectations. Your comments have been passed to our Management Team to review as part of ongoing improvements. We would like an opportunity to restore your confidence in our services and hope to welcome you back in the future.
5 night trip with friends Dec 8, 2014
We booked two rooms as there were 4 adults and two children. We were upgraded to a better standard of rooms but although on the same floor, they were quite far apart which made it awkward for the children flitting between the rooms. Our room was at the rear of the hotel backing onto the underground which was noisy until late and early in the morning. We were only staying for one night and really enjoyed the breakfast which was of good quality. We would certainly stay at the hotel again because of its central position.
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
Overall is satisfaction but the wifi inside the room is not that stable and quite slow! Hope u guys can do sth to improve it
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
Location to tube station is key with this hotel. Rooms were tired but so close to the tube station to get into the centre!
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
I would stay again if i visit London , It is so close to many famous place
Response by Copthorne Tara Hotel London Kensington
Dear Guest, thank you for your review of the Copthorne Tara Hotel following your stay. We are delighted that you were pleased with our hotel and it's amenities and the location in close proximity to the restaurants/transport links of High Street Kensington. We really appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
It was comfortable though rooms need updating but location is really good
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Last days in UK"
I always stay in the Copthorne Hotel when in London. It is a friendly and efficiently run hotel in a wonderfully situated area. So close to buses, shops, tube, and park.
2 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Dawn
"Just okay"
Average UK hotel. Elevator service is exceptionally slow. It took 20 minutes to get to the lobby on most mornings.
4 night business trip Nov 22, 2014
"Nice oasis in a sea of horrible London hotels."
Have stayed here several times and always love it. In general London hotels are unapologetically horrible but this one is worth spending the extra bucks for. Near Whole Foods, tube station, and Hyde Park.
3 night romance trip Nov 22, 2014
Leslie
"STAYED THERE BEFORE AND WOULD STAY AGAIN"
GOOD location, well maintained, helpful staff, excellent full british breakfast.
5 night business trip Nov 19, 2014
"Strange location, wonderful hotel"
This hotel is almost hidden from the main streets, tucked away next to an Underground track. So it looks a little tacky from the outside. Inside is a well managed hotel, where the service is quite good, and the rooms all look like the size that Americans expect --- not always the case in London. The prices are always lower than other 4 star hotels, so the value for money is very very good.
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Nice hotel very convenient to tube station"
Grandmother taking granddaughter on her first trip abroad
marta
"nice hotel in a quiet area and well situated very"
The hotel rooms are clean, the hotel was very well situated near the underground which was very convenient as we were there for business
stelios
"Can Do"
The hotel was nice and the location was perfect,the tube is very close good restaurants everywhere. The staff ... Several of them were very nice and understand Customer service but they have a huge staff and most of them in the bar and restaurant were dour and the concierge really didn't understand that they needed to know restaurants in the area and how to be can do. That's really all they are needed for Can Do, Can Help Know things. Many of the staff could benefit from sales training... How to win friends and influence people. Nice once you pushed them but maybe the no tipping deal should be re thought. They are missing it. I cant be alone on this.
3 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Booked 2 rooms to accommodate 2 adults and 4 children and requested adjoining rooms. Got one room on 4th floor and one on the 6th. Asked to be moved which was done with no fuss. Unfortunately they moved my partner from a twin room with a cot bed to a double.(she was sharing with 2 children aged 3 & 1). By the time we found out there were no other rooms available as hotel was full. They arranged to move her again the following day.Finally got adjoining rooms .Unfortunately they didn't move the cot bed .We found out when we returned to our room at 8pm that evening. It took 2 hours for the cot bed to turn up. How difficult is it ?
Other trip Nov 6, 2014
Hotel was adequate. Not sure how it gets 4*'s. The jump in quality to some 5* hotels is noticeable. The room was a similar size to certain high street chain hotels, and in need of updating and tidying up. Comfortable beds, especially the fold-away for my daughter, this was very good. The staff were excellent, efficient and helpful. I would stay there again but only with a cheap last minute deal.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
A save in the rooms would be very welcome !!
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"ok hotel close to underground train ."
Be aware ! Club rooms and regular room have no difference they charges me $160 for upgrade and it was the same room as the one I had stayed week earlier . So I went back and cancelled the upgrade, now that I am back in USA I see my credit card and it shows that I was charged $160 even though I had cancelled it .
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Mudassir
"Nice city hotel, perfect for city trips"
We stayed here for 3 nights. Our goal was to have a good hotel with connection to the underground network and in walking distance of the museum area, and it was just that. Bit noisy due to it being located next to where the Circle Line and District Line alight, but otherwise a nice hotel in a really good area.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
I am very disaapointed to have to pay extra for in-room wifi. Very few good hotels charge extra and this would influence me regarding a future stay at one of your hotels. Staff were excellent.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"great location for high street ken and earls court"
like the hotel, love the location!
2 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Matthew
"Poor service"
Check-in was poor. They were slow, long line, with only 2 people at desk. I forgot my phone charger in room and called the hotel shortly after I had checked out. It took a long time for them to connect me to the house keeping department, 6 minutes on hold. Then when I spoke with them, they seemed like they couldn't be bothered to help me. Finally, they called back after supposedly looking in the room and told me that it was not there and the house keeper had not seen it. Really? So my conclusion is that someone is lying. Either no one checked or someone is keeping my charger, or both.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2014
Three day stay at the tail end of a holiday. Have stayed here several times. Great semi-central location, bus service into city center easier than using tube. Only drawback is that the residents bar staff are quick to close. Management should downsize staff at end of evening and stay open later. I usually select club room so that I have a view of the city at about half the price I would pay closer in.
3 night trip Oct 6, 2014
Julian
"At the heart of Kensington"
Centrally located and easily accessible by tube or bus. Quiet area. Good size rooms. Efficient staff. Perfect as a pied a terre.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
GT
The Copthorne Tara is located in the lovely Kensington area away from the bustle of central London. The hotel can use some updating but overall was clean and comfortable and the staff accommodating. Most noteworthy is the convenience to everything -- The High Street train station is just around the corner with connections to every possible locality. Furthermore, good restaurants, shops, points of interest such as Kensington Palace, Hyde Park are all within walking distance.
4 night trip Sep 25, 2014
"Great bargain in great neighborhood."
Been staying at this hotel for 20 years. It's in a great trendy neighborhood. Not exactly 5 star hotel, but clean, comfortable. I just wish the rooms had safe deposit boxes inside (the safe deposit boxes are in the lobby). I upgraded to the Club room upon arrival. Included breakfast which was excellent.
2 night trip Oct 9, 2014
"In a great area"
Couple minutes walk to subway station, to shops, cafes, restaurants, Kensington castle and gardens..... The best of London without the overwhelming crowds of Oxford st!
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
nevine
"Best thing is location"
No big complaints about this place, but would look elsewhere on my next visit to London. As others have written - if you arrive early, don't expect they will offer up a room, I assume even if they have one, unless you agree to pay a lot more - then they seem to have one available. Paid extra for the breakfast- wouldn't do that again.!!! Stayed 4 nights here. It was just okay.
4 night trip with friends Sep 25, 2014
"Vacation stay in London"
We stayed at the Copthorne for 6 nights and it was the fourth time we have stayed there. The hotel is very comfortable (nice bed, refrigerator, large room for London) and the breakfast was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. We love the location because it is a short walk to Kensington High Street and the tube. We rated the hotel condition a little low because the rooms could use updated furniture, etc. but the public rooms are updated. We will definitely stay here again.
6 night romance trip Sep 23, 2014
gordon
Nice
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
"Great location, Disappointing rooms"
We stayed here for three nights while visiting London. The hotel lobby and facilities are very nice and the location is perfect for touring central London (very close to High Street Kensington station), but the room was small and outdated. Overall, we enjoyed our stay but probably would not stay here again.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
"Pleasant experience"
We found the staff very friendly and helpful, making sure we got a room high up with an excellent view of the city. Our floor was quite, maids were very quiet, unlike most in the US. The High Street Kensington tube station is very close, as are good resturants, shopping, parks and a couple museums. The only negative of this area might be the travel time to many tourist spots. It didn't bother us but families may want to consider a more central location. Our room was clean and comfortable, though the bathroom was quite small...but this is pretty much the norm there so it was as expected. Overall we were quite pleased and would stay again.
5 night romance trip Sep 25, 2014
"The London Tara as it always will be"
I have been using the Tara on and off over 30 years and it never fails to remind me that consistency can be gained at different levels, in this case good. The Tara never aims to be anything more than it has been. You are never excited or dissappointed.
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
"Nice hotel with great location"
The hotel looks a little old and dated from the outside, but inside the lobby and rooms were great. The location in Kensington just around te corner from the underground made it super easy to get around town. Plus there were tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. We chose to include breakfast with our stay and the food was good. Overall the hotel was clean and comfortable with incredibly nice and helpful staff.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
Shannon
"Close to shopping and Hyde Park"
We enjoyed it very much. Liked that you could order food in the bar until 1 AM. Only complaint was that the AC was not turned on in our room when we arrived and it took a full day to cool it down.
3 night family trip Sep 12, 2014
"This is NOT a four star hotel"
On arrival, our room had an air conditioner that did not work properly, there was a chair with brown stains on the seat - I can only imagine what it was, and there was one glass in the bathroom - two guests, and one glass. I left the hotel for dinner, and requested that the chair be replaced, the air conditioner be repaired, and another glass be brought to the room. The air conditioner did not get repaired, a second glass was not brought to the room, and the chair was removed and replaced with a club chair that was so big that it blocked access to that side of the room, and the refrigerator. The room was small, and the furniture is well beyond fresh. I spoke with the night duty manager, and was told that I could be moved into an upgrade room that very night or in the morning. I said in the morning. The next day, the new duty manager said that there were no upgraded rooms available, but we would be moved after a room was vacated. The brass lamps were so old that the brass plating on them was worn off. We called room service 2 times in an hour with a request for ice to be sent. The first time we were told yes, right away. 20 minutes later, we were told that room service was very busy, they would be there soon. About 1 hour and 15 minutes after initial request, I went to the lobby, talked to a security person, and ice was delivered within 3 minutes. The room was not as clean as it should have been. I would never recommend this hotel.
3 night trip Sep 7, 2014
Martha
Excellent location! Great hotel! It's 70s retro but clean and neat. They even let us keep our luggage there while we finished our adventures for the day. Excellent service! I would highly recommend this place.
2 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Colleen
Very comfortable and enjoyable stay.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014