All hotels in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States of America
121 North 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT, 84103, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Get what you pay for"
The first night the heater in my room did not work and the WIFI was a bit flakey. By the second night they had fixed both issues. For the price, not bad way to go.
2 night business trip Dec 10, 2014
mark
ok stay. the rooms were nice, but a unpleasant smell
Other trip Dec 13, 2014
jim
"good enough"
Close to everything we needed breakfast a bit better than some.
1 night family trip Dec 7, 2014
Trevor
Nice location for where we needed to go. (The Salt Palace) Very convenient to downtown SLC area.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"Nice price"
It was ok for the price you pay. Its a little outdated but overall, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. Although, it wouldn't be my first choice when staying in SLC.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
"Great location and staff!"
This is the third time we have stayed here and will continue to do so when in slc. Close to the temple, mall, jazz games and across the street from Crowne Burger you couldn't ask for anything better. They accommodate to and from the airport with their shuttle. Can't say enough good about this hotel!
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Meh, location is good."
It was an okay hotel, great location for the price. Wasn't the cleanest, and we ran out of toilet paper on the second night, and had to use tissues. Tiny stall shower, efficient but nothing special. A lot of overly bright fluorescent lights, and the lamps are right above each side of the bed, so I kept hitting my head, as did my husband.
3 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Clayton
"Pleasant Stay"
We came into town to see the Jazz and Cavs game. The hotel is prime spot so you can walk over to the arena. Room and hotel were comfortable. The breakfast was good. We had a pleasant experience. The hotel isn't very fancy but it'll do.
1 night family trip Nov 5, 2014
"Great location motel in Salt Lake near Temple Sq"
LDS CONFERENCE - would stay again here.
4 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
Kathie
"Cheap quality for the price"
TV still had antenna screws, no microwave, no fridge, intermittent wifi, AC has no fan option. Not sure why their user ratings are pretty good. It was pretty cheap
4 night business trip Oct 27, 2014
"Decent Stay"
Decent for price, good location
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2014
"Good in town location"
It is a good location for most anything you want to do in SLC. Older motel but mostly kept up. Staff are pleasant and helpful.
1 night trip Oct 22, 2014
"Our vacation"
Was impressed with the staff mopping the concrete all four days of my stay. The front desk manager was nice The lady that checked us in was Knolegeable The man that attended the breakfast was friendly..
3 night trip Oct 16, 2014
"Wouldn't stay again"
Lady on front desk not friendly. Very noisy rooms couldnt see tv when laying on bed and the marquee display for Free HBO and WiFi must have been a joke.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
"trip to Salt Lake City"
Stayed for 1 night only, nice and clean. Breakfast could be better. Good location, close to attractions and the center of the city.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
Lina
"Howard's"
When we decided to stay an extra night in SLC and realizing an extra night at the other hotel we had for the next 4 nights was twice as much as we had originally paid a night........we found Howard's. It was comfortable and good location for us. It's an older motel and the decor shows in the room. My only real complaint was the cleanliness of the chair to relax in.........not very clean. Other than that, the value/price for the night was fine. I couldn't stay longer than a night, tho.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Candy
"Will be back next year"
This is our second time stay there.
1 night trip Sep 28, 2014
The location was great. Within walking distance to convention center, shopping centers (two Starbucks) and so many sights. Loved the free parking! Room was clean and service at the front desk was great for anything we needed help with. If I could change one thing, it would just be to add some protein to the continental breakfast. Overall very satisfied!
4 night business trip Sep 24, 2014
Tanya
"Glad we stayed!"
I was a bit aprehensive about staying here after reading some of the reviews. We had a great stay and would and will return again. The location is perfect for spending time at Temple Square.
2 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Kirk Henderson
"A dingy hotel with smelly corridors."
A sign on the front-desk said that they are withdrawing from HoJo franchise starting 2015. I wonder if HoJo kicked them out, but either way, not a good hotel to stay in.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
A
"1st time in SLC"
Due to mix up in travel dates, arrived a day earlier. Needed to get to a hotel in a hurry. After sitting at the airport reading reviews for 3 hours...decided on hojo .. Reviews weren't that great, after a couple of prayers.... I decided on hobo, praying I made the right decision. Called for shuttle after booking online....a pleasant voice greeted me and instructed me to pick up site. My driver picked me up...not much of a talker, but some folks just aren't I guess. Great service at desk, got my room key and headed towards room.. The exterior needs some work, the hallway carpets are a little stained, but clean nevertheless. My room needs updating as well, but it was clean and comfortable to my surprise.... Called the front desk a couple of times that night, and each time I called I was met by a very pleasant voice. Got up, went downstairs to check out and have breakfast. Nice continental breakfast. Overall, it was a pleasant stay...
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Diamond
We have returned to this hotel several times. I have stayed in more expensive hotels around Temple Square, and they where not any nicer. Wifi is free although not always the fastest. The free breakfast was good.
1 night family trip Sep 11, 2014
Ken
"Howard Johnson Salt Lake"
For ~$70 is was ok-in 2015 the hotel is leaving the Howard Johnson chain , and perhaps that explains the overall run down condition, sl. smell and uncomfortable bed. It was very conveniently located, and we only used the room to sleep.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
SKS
"Great for a place to crash downtown"
The room was clean and as well maintained as you would expect for the price. If you need a cheap place to sleep In downtown SLC this works fine. The wifi was good. The breakfast was terrible. Eat somewhere else if you want more than a bowl of cereal. The bread bagels and Danish were all awful.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
Nick
"Hotel was nice clean."
Requested to have a quite room hotel front desk lady went far & beyond to accommodate me. I greatly appreciated her assistance.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Barb
"Close to Energy Solutions Area"
Nice, short walk to the concert, quiet hotel with comfy bed. Would have liked a hot tub or at least the pool to be open all night.
Other trip Sep 4, 2014
"Not happy"
This was not what I expected. This is a place I would never stay at again. Very small rooms. Felt cramped.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Very nice folks and the property is kept up fairly well for its age. Our room smelled a bit too heavy with cleaner or air freshener, but everything was in working order and clean.
2 night family trip Aug 19, 2014
"NB & T66WEST Aug 2014 SLC"
The place is about to be dropped from the HJ chain. It was worn around the edges, but not in a bad way, more like in a comfortable way. The twin beds were large enough for my 6'5" frame, the pillows spoke of quality; overall I'd have no problem staying there again.
2 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
"Not what I expected"
Not good, room was dirty, noisy, and smelly.
1 night business trip Aug 13, 2014
"An ok to stay place in downtown"
The carpet of the room is really old dirty and smelly. The place is in downtown so you can walk to temple square. The breakfast is very simple, don't have egg and yogurt , no fresh fruit。the price is lower than similar others, so overall it is ok.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Holly
"Needs updated!"
The room looked and smelled old and stuffy. The pillows and comforter need updated and the bathroom was tiny. Over all this room was worth $40
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Angela
"Great location for downtown SLC."
Older hotel older fixtures nice and clean. Breakfast was pretty lame.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
C
"Ghetto hotel but front desk staff was awesome"
When we first arrived we were given a room with access directly off the parking lot, which was VERY ghetto and scary. The inside of the room was also very creepy, with a chair in there that I dared not set anything on, it was so old and filthy. We went shopping and dreaded going back to the hotel. I decided to ask the front desk person if there was anyway to get a different room, as we were very scared about the inside and outside of the room. He was EXTREMELY accommodating, apologizing for the room given to us, and immediately changed us to an inside room, with a hall access only with a key. This was much better. Still an old motel in a scary area, but it's right close to everything in SLC. I wouldn't stay there again, but the front desk guy deserves a HUGE kudo in my book. He was awesome and basically saved my sanity!!!
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Our room was not clean at all, dust in TV and lamps. The door had a 1 inch at the bottom of the door and had no dead bolt lock. And no refrigerator!!!! We will never stay there any more.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
Tara
"good location good price"
Good price especially considering location very close to the center you can walk. Breakfast not to good also not enough space
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
"Convenient location, good value"
Everything about staying here was very simple. Easy check in and check out with friendly staff; good collection of amenities (pool, breakfast, internet, HBO if you want that); comfortable bed and clean room; very convenient location for downtown attractions and business without the cost of a downtown hotel; very quiet room even though I was on the ground floor next to an entrance, the parking lot, and the pool. The immediate neighborhood is not the nicest, but walk one block and it is not an issue. I was looking for value and convenience, and I got it.
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2014
Pete
"Poor Conditions"
We were Very uncomfortable!! Floor/Carpet sticky. YUCK!!! Bed was lumpy. We will NEVER stay there again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Terrible wifi. Close to events didn't change the sheets. Br small. Room size ok.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
"Fantastic front desk people"
Great help. Allowed early check-in. Very nice and courteous.
1 night business trip Jul 5, 2014
Nate
"ants all over the room!"
Not good at all ! was not good because of ants all over every thing in the rooms. seem clean but was not true... Just go some where to stay at..
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Close to temple square and food."
Great price, efficient room, comfortable, clean, free shuttle, free breakfast, free wifi, guest computer in lobby made airport checkin fast.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
irene
"Won't be Howard's for long"
This particular hotel has been sold. As of 01/01/2015 it will no longer be a Howard Johnson's. The place is middle aged and ok comfortable. The elevator works off and on. The continental breakfast was lacking. If you love wheat then it will work for you. The gluten-free peeps are out of luck. But we did feel secure and the maid staff were honest. That's always a plus.
5 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Denise
"Expect to get what you pay for"
For a cheap room that you will just sleep in, this place is perfect. Very clean, decent shower pressure and heat. The location is great and the burger joint across the street is amazing! The place is older, with all that comes with that, and the breakfast was basic and lackluster. But as long as your not expecting five or four star hotels for next to nothing, you'll enjoy your stay here just fine.
3 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
Corey
"Great location."
This motel (which is losing the HoJo label at the end of 2014) could not be in a better location as it is quite close to the major attractions of downtown Salt Lake City. The Building is old and although it is clean is very inconvenient to get in and out of. The room was comfortable breakfast acceptable.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014
BigEfromLC
"Complitmentary Breakfast"
Only thing that needs improvement is the morning coffee. Not drinkable.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to downtown."
Great Customer Service and great service in general. Housekeeping is done twice a day. Great services in general, I would gladly stay again in the hotel on my next trip.
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"It is what it is..."
This is an older hotel that is showing it's age. If you're looking for luxury, then don't look here. If you are, however, looking for a convenient location to use just for sleep and showering, then this will work just fine. The hotel staff is pleasant, the housekeeping staff was just fine. The room was definitely worn and aging, but it was clean. There was a sign at the front desk saying it would soon be changing from a Holiday Inn Express to something else. If i remember right, it was a non-chain name. So maybe new management will spend some money and do some much needed cosmetic improvements.
2 night business trip May 28, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
This hotel is shabby on the outside but has some surprising things to recommend it. First is the location. It is in the heart of downtown, within walking distance of temple square, the state capital and lots of shops and restaurants. The room is comfortable, but the bathroom is very small. However, the location makes up for everything. This is a great value for the price and the location.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Chicago Sal
"WE LOVED OUR HOTEL EXPERIENCE."
THE HOTEL IS CONVENIENTLY LOCATED TO ALL OF SALT LAKE CITY. THE STAFF ARE COURTEOUS, FRIENDY, AND CUSTOMER ORIENTED. THE ROOMS ARE CLEAN, QUIET, AND THE BEDS ARE JUST RIGH TO GET A GOOD NIGHTS REST. WE PLAN ANOTHER STAY THERE IN JUNE. WE RECOMMEND THIS MOTEL FOR ALL. NOREEN WEISENBERGER
Other trip May 30, 2014