All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2178 Broadway at W 77th St, New York, NY, 10024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Consistent and inviting"
We love this hotel and stay here for business and pleasure. UWS is a great neighborhood and hotel is situated in a great spot. Rooms are modern, clean and well-cared for. Lobby is comfortable, inviting and warm. My only complaint: price has risen over the years, but that only means it has remained consistently good.
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Great place on Upper West Side."
Great place on Upper West Side. Very comfortable room, excellent condition and nice A/C (it was a very warm couple of days). Did not get a chance to eat at the hotel or other amenities, so can't judge them. Everything else, though, was very good.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Cozy NY hotel"
Everything was nice and clean; with friendly staffs. The neighborhood is great! The only thing missing was some sink countertop and shelves for towels in the bathroom. The bathroom was large enough for it.
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
Shoubert
"Excellent choice"
Highly recommend. My hotels in NY have been hit or miss.-- mostly miss. So for those with luck like me, don't hesitate to stay here. We are a family of 4 staying in a room with 2 double beds and were happy.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
"Slept well!!!"
Beds very comfortable, Duane Reade right downstairs, good shopping, subway close by, staff helpful and friendly. Room was a little smaller than I expected bit hey...its NY!!
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Danielle A.
"the best in the west"
The usual unrivaled hospitality on the upper west side.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
robert
"Short but Sweet"
The NYLO was recommended by one of our tenants who stays there when in New York. Ours was a short visit but we totally enjoyed the NYLO, its location and modest (for NYC) price. We will definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Like it"
**** I love the modern decor of the hotel service was phenomenal. However the standard room felt a bit small for my taste.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Kenia
"NYC weekend"
We had a great night at your hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and the room was very comfortable and the perfect size.
1 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
Carolyn
"Awesome"
It was awesome i have stayed at this hotel a few times before and i absolutely enjoyed my stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"NYLO - Good Location, GREAT bed!"
the bed was super comfortable - which is the most important for me. If I had to point out room for improvement, I would mention that the bathroom was oppressively small and water pressure quite bad. Additionally, I would prefer normal drawers to the locker-type situation. A little room service would be good as well, but not a huge loss since there is so much all around. The location and the bed are the most important (& tv). All was good. The service and staff were great.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Lights, Pile Driver, Action!"
When we checked in at 9 p.m., the clerk asked if we wanted a free upgrade to a room with two beds. We declined since we didn't need two beds. What the clerk DIDN'T tell us is that the room with one bed was situated on the back side of the hotel directly adjacent to a construction site. Promptly at 7 a.m. the next morning we were treated to the sound of a pile driver and other heavy construction equipment. The water in the shower was tepid at best. The hair dryer didn't work and we had to wait a half hour for someone to bring a replacement. The next morning we again had construction start at 7 a.m. Then about 8:45 the loudspeaker came on and we were bombarded with the following message: "May I have your attention, please. May I have your attention, please. This is your hotel fire safety director speakin'. We are conductin' a test of the fire system. This is only a test. Please ignore any lights, sirens, or strobes." The message was repeated three times. Later in the day, when we had returned to the hotel for a little downtime, we went through the same process, and the strobe on the wall directly across from the bed started flashing for a considerable period of time. It was actually a relief to leave the hotel and go out on the street where there seemed to be less chaos. The bed was really comfortable, we will say that. However, our experience was such that we will choose another hotel the next time we are in NYC.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
"Perfect if not for the nearby construction"
We arrived at the hotel around 9:30 AM after a red-eye flight, extremely tired, just hoping to leave our luggage with the bell desk and go somewhere to kill the hours till check in. To our MAJOR surprise, the front desk lady told us our room was ready, and we were able to go upstairs right away and sleep!!!! We were extremely grateful, so we got to the room, unpacked and jumped into bed ... this was a Saturday, mind you, and yet the construction of a new condo building was going full blast! We put earplugs in and collapsed anyway. Sunday they took a break and Monday they were back at it. Aside from that, the non-carpeted floor was WONDERFUL and clean, I never had any dirt on my feet walking on it. I HATE hotel carpet, even at my house I only have area rugs. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower had plenty of water pressure (rare on the West Coast, where I travel mostly). I was very happy with the location, the bar, the lobby and the service! Will definitely stay there again!
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
ADRIAN
"My favorite NYC Hotel!"
Wonderful place to stay. Feel like I am returning home.Casual, elegant, and unpretentious.
7 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
Marc
"Our mom n Daughter day...."
Surprised my daughter with an overnighter.. Loved the location..Staff friendly and accommodating..although I had read a review regarding construction noise.. We heard none.. It was quiet.. The bed incredibly comfortable.. We ate @ Serafinas .. After spending an entire day shopping, plenty of shops, eateries,within walking distance of Lincoln center, Beacon.. We were pleasantly surprised Can't wait to go back
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"My FAVORITE"
I chose NYLO as it was close to work. I LOVED it … the staff was super with my special request for a quiet room … everything about it was perfect … thank you!
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
"great hotel"
My second stay at the NYLO. It's a perfect hotel for me, having lived on the upper west side for over 20 years prior to selling our apartment. I like the decor, the amenities, the ambience, the room itself. Comfortable bed, nice tv, etc. Only thing I didn't like was that one of the two elevators just outside my door was out of service during my stay, and the other one was constantly being used by staff.
3 night trip Mar 24, 2015
Elisabeth
"Great location and awesome cleanliness."
Great staff and location. Very nice hotel with expected amenities.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Great NY Get-Away"
Great boutique hotel in a great location. Sumptuous linens and cozy bed. Very friendly staff. Decent sized room for NY hotel. Convenient to subway, Central Park, Museum of Natural History, in addition to many restaraunt and bakery choices.
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Noisy"
Checking in, the gentleman was less than gentile, kind of rude. Gave me a room on the second floor even though I requested a higher floor as I am an extremely light sleeper... Our room was directly over the entrance, street noise and conversations as if I was sitting outside, the windows are not soundproof and near the garbage removal area, the trucks come around 2:00 a.m., ...therefore I did not sleep at all.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Mary Ann
"A Repeat Guest"
Since we've stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times, we obviously like it! Love being away from the more touristy areas of NY but still being close enough to get everywhere easily. Rooms are somewhat small but who goes to NY to hang out in a hotel room.
3 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
rita
"Very disappointing and overpriced"
The room was narrow, depressingly painted and furnished, and extremely noisy. The heater sounded like a tropical typhoon and the walls are so thin that we could hear every single word of a lengthy phone conversation from the next room at 6AM! Even worse, we had to wait well over an hour to get our car back from the valet parking. Incredibly overpriced for what you get.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Paolo
"Little Gem"
Great little gem on Upper West. Rooms are clean and modern if a little small. Hotel has an adjoining restaurant and is easy access to subway and all the goodies the West side has to offer.
4 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Cozy and nice; great price and easy to get around"
stayed for five nights in March. GREAT place, the rooms are very cozy (read, room for the bed and furniture, no yoga on the floor here, but that suits me just fine). bathroom was great, clean, well appointed. No dresser, but cubbies in the closet. doesn't have free wifi. there are millions of outlets for charging EVERYTHING. including USB charging outlets right by the bed. That's GREAT. 2 blocks from the 1 line; across from a CVS; good restaurants in the area.
5 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Always a pleasure"
I love this hotel and it's location. While the staff is not extremely helpful and you have to drag your luggage up a few stairs, I would return. Enjoy the atmosphere in lobby and the rooms are big enough. Best advice, upgrade!
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"Constructions noise and cigarette smells"
The location is very convenient for West Side attractions, especially the Natural History Museum. You can't really blame them for the construction noise going on right next door. Nor can you fully blame them for the crazy couple having a domestic dispute in the hallway from 4 am until 5:30 am when the cops came. Security tried to resolve the situation, but perhaps cops should have been called sooner. You CAN hold the hotel accountable for the backed up shower drain. Can you hold them accountable for the hallways which reeked of cigarette smoke?
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Kate, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. We apologize for the inconvenience caused with the construction next door, substandard shower, and the smoke odor in the hallways. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team so they may be properly addressed to the appropriate departments. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Kate
"Very solid hotel at good price on Upper West Side"
Good-sized room.. Updated. Clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good location for me (Upper West side). Only nick is not right at Central Park, but that's a nit. Very good price for the night.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Great hotel!"
In town for NYC Half Marathon. Great location for race as well as easy access to theatre and shopping districts. Hope to be back soon!
3 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Perfect!"
Hip hotel, great location, for a very good price! They have a cool lounge/restaurant in the lobby too.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
Fairuz
"HIP AND MODERN ON THE UPPER WEST SIDE"
I arrived on a flight ahead of my wife and was shown to a room booked via Hotels.com. The room had not been cleaned (I won't go into details). When I went back to the desk, I was given an upgrade to a suite and my wife was pleasantly surprised when she arrived. The hotel has been upgraded and made more urban and hip with a complete lobby redesign and a new and inviting bar/lounge area added. The NYLO is about the only good hotel on the Upper West Side - we love the location and plan to return.
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
"Awesome"
Very refreshing mind clearing when you need a break from everything in life nice and quiet relaxing place for A family or couple to go
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Nice rooms but small, which is expected in Manhattan. Valley parking is 55$ but we luckily were able to find street parking right around the corner. Wifi isn't free so be aware. Overall it was a nice stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"A++"
Cool room. Comfy bed. Sexy lounge.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Dylan
Great Experience. Staff were very nice and welcoming. Room was clean and had everything I needed. The standout was the bed. Super comfortable! Will definitely stay again.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nylo"
Great hotel
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
bruce
"A nice stay with a little funk"
we had a lovely stay. The demolition on the building across the street was a little noisy @ 7 AM, but once we turned it into a study of the demolition process, we sort of enjoyed the view.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"perfect night out."
Excellent for my special night with my fiancee.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Ralph
"Nice hotel but tiny."
our stay was perfect. However, the room was tiny and needs updating. Bathroom was really really small.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Marcy
"boutique grande"
This is a great hotel in a very nice neighborhood pin the upper west side, Manhattan.Very clean, very helpful staff. The rooms are a delight, especially the rooms with a view, and has a great terrace on the rooftop.
2 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
robert
"Excellent and Convenient Upperwest Side Location"
No complaint. It was jus a great hotel stay, walking distance or two stops away by #1 train. Hotel rate was excellent but the restaurants in the area are pricey, I thought. We didn't stay long enough to see all the amenities. Overall, I had no complaints. Due to it's pet friendly hotel, rom was slightly smelly but tolerable.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
"Reliable excellent"
Reliable excellent hotel in the UWS
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Marcelo
"Noisy"
I stayed here two nights and overall the hotel is great and service was fantastic. The disappointing part was the location of my room and the strong breeze coming from the closed window. There is construction going on right across the street starting very early every day on 77th. The noise, which is almost impossible to sleep through, combined with the cold air coming from the window didn't make for the best experience in my room.
2 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
Jamie
highly recommend this hotel, everything was great.
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"All-Around Awesome"
i am pretty much a regular at this point. I love this hotel. Great rooms for the price. Wonderful location. Fun bar.
2 night trip with friends Feb 22, 2015
Kristina
"Valet nightmare"
Valet delivered my car 75 minutes after I requested it. This made me late for my appointment, which was the reason I was in NYC. On top of that NYLO charge me $65 for valet parking.
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Winfield
"Visiting fiance"
I went to New York to spend time with my fiance, being a New Yorker that's currently working in a different state I'm usually quite picky. This instance, I was very pleased with my choice of hotel. The only thing I'm not crazy about is guest can bring their pets, but hey, these days people treat pets like kids, so it was fine. The front desk was courteous and I will say one of their employees Alberto was beyond gracious and a complete gentleman. He was knowledgeable of the city and assisted me with my airport transportation upon my departure. Thanks NYLO, I'll certainly be back.
3 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
"Great hotel, but skip Serrafina restaurant"
As always the NYLO was a great place to stay. This time NYC was freezing and we hoped to have breakfast at Serrafina Restaurant (which is attached to the lobby of the hotel)so that we wouldn't have to go outside. We went in and were told to sit wherever we wanted (which we did) and then were completely ignored by the staff. No menu, no water, no "I'll be right with you". and then we noticed that half the people there had no food in front of them! So after sitting there for about 15 minutes, we got up , went back to our room, got our coats, went out into the cold blustery wind and walked a few blocks to another restaurant for our breakfast. This is the second time we have walked out of Serrafina because of terrible service, and it unfortunately reflects badly on NYLO. The restaurant should 'up its game' to reflect the standards held by the NYLO Hotel. The 'Red Farm' restuarant next door, which does not serve breakfast, is fantastic.
4 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"A gem of a hotel"
A wonderful, chic, and modern hotel close to everything in the upper west side.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2015
Melanie
Very uncomfortable room and bathroom. Constructions in front. No privacy.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Traveler, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
Other trip Feb 23, 2015