All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
2178 Broadway at W 77th St, New York, NY, 10024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Beautiful room with a balcony! The bed and pillows were very comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
"disappointed"
Would have been great all around but paid for King size bed given queen. As we arrived very late it made little sense to switch, but made for less than a comfortable stay.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Traveler, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
"Mother/Daughter trip to NYC!"
This trip was a mother daughter getaway to NYC. The hotel was perfectly situated for our needs it was two blocks from a subway stop and walking distance to many sites, a local coffee shop and a fabulous market. We loved the neighborhood feel of this boutique hotel. The terrace was wonderful!
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
Allison
"Extremely courteous and helpful staff"
Very convenient with great service
2 night trip Jul 18, 2015
Logan
The location is great. Easy access to lots of attractions. The room is on the smaller side compare to other hotels in the NYC. Gym needs some upgrade. There are constructions just outside on the 77th street. Tough to get a Taxi. Overall, it's a decent experience.
3 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
jonqjenq
Good stay, like last year. But, there are 2 buildings being constructed on 77st, so unless you have a high floor room facing Broadway you will experience a great deal Of loud noise from 7am until 7 pm!
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
"Hip west side hotrl"
Great location and decor
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Lynn
"Warm and fuzzy"
Wonderful hotel, I am a regular guest now both for holidays and business trips. The rooms are just the right size, the beds are super comfy and the bar in the lobby is great at all hours. It is a nice place to walk into at the end of a day out in this incredible city. The bagel place around the corner, the Alehouse on Amsterdam, Sarafina's and a bunch of other eateries nearby round out the experience.
1 night trip with friends Jul 14, 2015
Anthony
"We will stay here again!"
The location of the hotel is great! The room was larger than expected and we loved the decor. The bathroom could have been more carefully cleaned. All of the staff were extremely helpful except for the person who checked us in and gave us misinformation about parking. There is a great parking garage across the street from the hotel!
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Absolutely wonderful
1 night trip Jul 12, 2015
Sharida
"A terrific mini get-away"
I asked for a room with a bathtub when I checked in - no problem. I gasped when I opened the door to my room-- it was so spacious and wonderful and the bathroom was HUGE. They have a great roof deck-- loved it in the a.m. for reading in the shade and having my coffee cozy seating, clean and lovely. the neighborhood is great!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
Great stay, super nice JUST NEEDS A POOL!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2015
Can't wait for a return visit.
4 night family trip Jul 8, 2015
Marla
"NYLO"
Stay was pleasant. Staff was friendly. However restaurant next door connecting to hotel is poor. Advise is go somewhere else for breakfast if you need to be on time!
1 night business trip Jul 8, 2015
"Have Already Recommended NYLO to Others!"
This is a lovely hotel reasonably priced for its location on the Upper West Side. On Broadway, close to the subway and therefore the rest of Manhattan, with many great eateries within walking distance (try the Cuban Chinese), comfortable rooms with great beds and clever, useful and attractive furnishings. The hotel gives off a bit of a SoHo vibe. Beautiful cozy bar downstairs, a comfortable library area for meetings and relaxing, and a very friendly staff at the front desk. They were nice enough to change my room from a double double to a king and even refund the difference on my prepaid "noncancellable" reservation through Hotels.com. I have already recommended this hotel to several New York bound friends. This is a convenient hotel if you are visiting Columbia University, about four subway stops away north on the No. 1 line, but you can also take the M104 bus up and down Broadway, which has stops at W76th, W79th, as an option to the subway. The only hiccup on an otherwise perfect stay was my returning to the room one evening after being away from the hotel for the day, and finding that my door hadn't fully closed and locked after housekeeping, but nothing was missing from the room, I reported it, and must assume that this was an isolated problem that will not happen again. It is for this reason alone that I gave four, rather then 5 stars for hotel service.
2 night trip Jul 5, 2015
Wonderful
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
Prathyusha
NYLO is a great place to stay. It is convenient and close to everything. The rooftop lounge is cozy and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jul 2, 2015
"Overnight Stay"
It was a quick overnight in NYC with a meeting scheduled for 76th Street. I selected the hotel for its convenience and its price, which together with the Hotels.com 4 star rating made it seem like a good bet. It was about what I expected and good for an overnight stay. It certainly is not glamorous but it is very good for a mid tier hotel.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Traveler, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for contributing your feedback of your stay. I am happy to know that you enjoyed the hotel and your stay. Your comments will be shared with our entire team so they may be properly addressed. The team at the hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2015
"Lovely stay"
Loved this hotel! the rooftop terrace is wonderful, as is Sy the bartender! The bed and pillows were super comfy, and I sleep well each night! Serfina's one of the hotel restaurant's had a great week time happy hour, but the food wasn't too great, service slow and the restaurant was HOT. Much better places to eat. Don't let this hotel pass you by, it is great! Close to the subway in a great area!
6 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Steward Staff Three
"NY and NYLO are very special placed"
Great location,staff is very helpful. Very comfortable clean room. The bed was like being at home. Neighborhood has shopping great restaurants nearby. My first time to NY. NY and NYLO made my visit extra special can't wait to return.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"NYLO Hotel"
This is a modern hotel with a bar in the lobby. It was lovely and the staff was very friendly. The room was large and comfortable but, again, it is modern, with exposed ducts, etc. in the lobby which may turn off some people.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Jacqueline
"First NYC Experience"
Great central location off the beaten path. Great for discounted price of 250/300 a night. If they keep that price range they are perfect.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"A good choice on the upper West Side"
We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room was large, and comfortable .The hotel staff at reception were friendly and helpful. The concierge helped us quite a bit with our transportation.I would highly recommend the NYLO.
6 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"great accommodations"
Great accommodations...but front desk wasn't very friendly.
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Michele
"Comfortable Hotel in very convenient location"
We stayed two nights last week for a quick getaway and visit with our children. The area is safe and energetic, right off Broadway on the upper Westside. Lots of restaurants, close to the subway and walking distance to Central Park and Lincoln Center. The Hotel is clean, modern and well located. Rooms a little on the small side but comfortable, our room had a view of a brick wall but we did not request a better room. There is a nice bar and lounge in the lobby and Happy Hour on the 16th floor terrace with half off drinks. Connected to the hotel lobby is Serafina Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A good menu at "city reasonable prices" specializing in light Italian foods and salads. One door down from the hotel is the Red Farm Restaurant which is one of our favorite eateries specializing in nouveau Chinese food....definitely try it but don't expect the traditional egg roll and wonton soup! Staff was friendly, not overly attentive but good enough. Would definitely come back.
2 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
richard
"Great jewel"
Great hotel and location, room basic, but nice, clean and comfortable. Will come again.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2015
"disappointing"
the room was clean and neat, but the bathroom was very small as was the shower. it took 12 minutes of running water before the hot water came on - i had almost given up on it. Still a lot of construction going on in the hotel.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear chris, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
chris
"Great Location When Visiting Columbia University"
Stayed here two years ago while looking for apartments for my daughter who would be attending Columbia University, and returned again for her graduation. Great proximity to the university. Great location to subway. Safe neighborhood. New renovations are terrific! Love the boutique atmosphere!
2 night family trip May 18, 2015
Roberta
Convenient place to stay. Rooms are very adequate, bed extremely comfortable, reading light did not work. I am a repeat visitor. It is good value for the money
1 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great place"
Nice hotel, and easy transpiration.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
"Great location restaurants park shopping very near"
Small but nice rooms. Had two rooms one had mildew in bathroom.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Good hotel & good value if..."
Very good hotel & a good value for its location...if you time the booking well. Room was clean & comfortable. Good shower. Minor quibbles: The 2 free water bottles weren't replaced by housekeeping after 1st night. When 1 elevator was broken, mgmt should have posted signs that other elevators were down the hallway. Gnarly rug at room entryway should be removed. Needed to extend my visit by 1 night, but online showed huge price increase. Front desk unwilling to help, so I went to different hotel. Later that day I checked online & price dropped by almost half.
3 night business trip May 24, 2015
JONATHAN
"Great value for Manhattan"
GREAT
1 night trip May 22, 2015
"Consistent and inviting"
We love this hotel and stay here for business and pleasure. UWS is a great neighborhood and hotel is situated in a great spot. Rooms are modern, clean and well-cared for. Lobby is comfortable, inviting and warm. My only complaint: price has risen over the years, but that only means it has remained consistently good.
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Great place on Upper West Side."
Great place on Upper West Side. Very comfortable room, excellent condition and nice A/C (it was a very warm couple of days). Did not get a chance to eat at the hotel or other amenities, so can't judge them. Everything else, though, was very good.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Cozy NY hotel"
Everything was nice and clean; with friendly staffs. The neighborhood is great! The only thing missing was some sink countertop and shelves for towels in the bathroom. The bathroom was large enough for it.
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
Shoubert
"Excellent choice"
Highly recommend. My hotels in NY have been hit or miss.-- mostly miss. So for those with luck like me, don't hesitate to stay here. We are a family of 4 staying in a room with 2 double beds and were happy.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
"Slept well!!!"
Beds very comfortable, Duane Reade right downstairs, good shopping, subway close by, staff helpful and friendly. Room was a little smaller than I expected bit hey...its NY!!
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Danielle A.
"the best in the west"
The usual unrivaled hospitality on the upper west side.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
robert
"Short but Sweet"
The NYLO was recommended by one of our tenants who stays there when in New York. Ours was a short visit but we totally enjoyed the NYLO, its location and modest (for NYC) price. We will definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Like it"
**** I love the modern decor of the hotel service was phenomenal. However the standard room felt a bit small for my taste.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Kenia
"Great location in fun area"
Friendly and warm neighborhood good style in hotel great bar will go back
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
kevin
"Nice, but Noisy Boutique Hotel"
My wife and I visited NY to celebrate my birthday and chose this hotel based on location and guest reviews. The location was good - upper west side with easy access to the subway and just a couple of blocks from Central Park. The hotel staff were friendly and the lobby was busy and well set up with a busy bar on one side and a quieter library on the other. The room was clean and comfortable, but quite small. It was furnished by IKEA all the way. High end IKEA, but definitely IKEA which was fine and appropriate as the room size required apartment sized furnishings which is their specialty. Bed was comfortable and the TV was a nice sized 42 " flat screen. Construction noise from two adjacent projects was brutal. Started at 7:00 AM each day including Saturday. Definitely consider this in the short to medium term as you will not be able to sleep in if you are inclined to do so. Depending upon the price, I would probably stay here again, especially once the construction projects are done. Lot of competition in this price range though in NYC and you might find a better value elsewhere.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Patrick
"Warmth, character and class"
We made a reservation for a one night escape for an anniversary. It was a rainy Monday. The reception area is open to the bar and we were treated to live music when we walked in. The front desk gave us complimentary drink tickets, so we had Manhattans in Manhattan (highly recommended) and enjoyed a great session of live music. Then we went just through the lobby to Serafinas for a perfect Italian meal. The room had the most comfortable bed, Keurig coffee and plenty of fresh towels. In the morning we had a quick walk to Strawberry fields in Central Park...really fun neighborhood. Afterward we used the work out facility. Finally the bellman provided a very reasonable private car to the airport. We felt like we'd been gone for a whole weekend. It's so convenient, so classy and so reasonably priced for that class of hotel. It's definitely our new favorite...highly recommended.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
MT
"NYC weekend"
We had a great night at your hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and the room was very comfortable and the perfect size.
1 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
Carolyn
"Awesome"
It was awesome i have stayed at this hotel a few times before and i absolutely enjoyed my stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"Very nice, well positioned hotel"
Comfortable hotel right in middle of Upper West Side. Loft room on Broadway side was surprisingly quiet. Only noise was occasional horn, but regular traffic noise didn't come in. Very comfortable bed. Quiet floor. Nice little balcony. Check in/out easy. Staff polite. Felt it was a good value for not too much money (although certainly not a budget hotel!)
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
"NYLO - Good Location, GREAT bed!"
the bed was super comfortable - which is the most important for me. If I had to point out room for improvement, I would mention that the bathroom was oppressively small and water pressure quite bad. Additionally, I would prefer normal drawers to the locker-type situation. A little room service would be good as well, but not a huge loss since there is so much all around. The location and the bed are the most important (& tv). All was good. The service and staff were great.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Central Park"
The first night we were on the second floor and there were traffic noises, sirens, trash trucks, etc. We asked for a room on a higher level and the staff was very accommodating; they were sold out that night but they moved us to the ninth floor the next morning for the remainder of our stay (two more nights). We've stayed at many different hotels during our NY visits. The rooms and lobby are very nice at NYLO, the location is great and we'd stay here again.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
Liz
"Lights, Pile Driver, Action!"
When we checked in at 9 p.m., the clerk asked if we wanted a free upgrade to a room with two beds. We declined since we didn't need two beds. What the clerk DIDN'T tell us is that the room with one bed was situated on the back side of the hotel directly adjacent to a construction site. Promptly at 7 a.m. the next morning we were treated to the sound of a pile driver and other heavy construction equipment. The water in the shower was tepid at best. The hair dryer didn't work and we had to wait a half hour for someone to bring a replacement. The next morning we again had construction start at 7 a.m. Then about 8:45 the loudspeaker came on and we were bombarded with the following message: "May I have your attention, please. May I have your attention, please. This is your hotel fire safety director speakin'. We are conductin' a test of the fire system. This is only a test. Please ignore any lights, sirens, or strobes." The message was repeated three times. Later in the day, when we had returned to the hotel for a little downtime, we went through the same process, and the strobe on the wall directly across from the bed started flashing for a considerable period of time. It was actually a relief to leave the hotel and go out on the street where there seemed to be less chaos. The bed was really comfortable, we will say that. However, our experience was such that we will choose another hotel the next time we are in NYC.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015