All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
2178 Broadway at W 77th St, New York, NY, 10024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lovely stay"
Loved this hotel! the rooftop terrace is wonderful, as is Sy the bartender! The bed and pillows were super comfy, and I sleep well each night! Serfina's one of the hotel restaurant's had a great week time happy hour, but the food wasn't too great, service slow and the restaurant was HOT. Much better places to eat. Don't let this hotel pass you by, it is great! Close to the subway in a great area!
6 night business trip Jun 21, 2015
Steward Staff Three
"NY and NYLO are very special placed"
Great location,staff is very helpful. Very comfortable clean room. The bed was like being at home. Neighborhood has shopping great restaurants nearby. My first time to NY. NY and NYLO made my visit extra special can't wait to return.
1 night trip with friends Jun 4, 2015
"NYLO Hotel"
This is a modern hotel with a bar in the lobby. It was lovely and the staff was very friendly. The room was large and comfortable but, again, it is modern, with exposed ducts, etc. in the lobby which may turn off some people.
1 night romance trip Jun 18, 2015
Jacqueline
"First NYC Experience"
Great central location off the beaten path. Great for discounted price of 250/300 a night. If they keep that price range they are perfect.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
"A good choice on the upper West Side"
We enjoyed our stay very much. Our room was large, and comfortable .The hotel staff at reception were friendly and helpful. The concierge helped us quite a bit with our transportation.I would highly recommend the NYLO.
6 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
"great accommodations"
Great accommodations...but front desk wasn't very friendly.
3 night business trip Jun 9, 2015
Michele
"Comfortable Hotel in very convenient location"
We stayed two nights last week for a quick getaway and visit with our children. The area is safe and energetic, right off Broadway on the upper Westside. Lots of restaurants, close to the subway and walking distance to Central Park and Lincoln Center. The Hotel is clean, modern and well located. Rooms a little on the small side but comfortable, our room had a view of a brick wall but we did not request a better room. There is a nice bar and lounge in the lobby and Happy Hour on the 16th floor terrace with half off drinks. Connected to the hotel lobby is Serafina Restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A good menu at "city reasonable prices" specializing in light Italian foods and salads. One door down from the hotel is the Red Farm Restaurant which is one of our favorite eateries specializing in nouveau Chinese food....definitely try it but don't expect the traditional egg roll and wonton soup! Staff was friendly, not overly attentive but good enough. Would definitely come back.
2 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
richard
"Great jewel"
Great hotel and location, room basic, but nice, clean and comfortable. Will come again.
3 night trip Jun 12, 2015
"disappointing"
the room was clean and neat, but the bathroom was very small as was the shower. it took 12 minutes of running water before the hot water came on - i had almost given up on it. Still a lot of construction going on in the hotel.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear chris, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
chris
"Great Location When Visiting Columbia University"
Stayed here two years ago while looking for apartments for my daughter who would be attending Columbia University, and returned again for her graduation. Great proximity to the university. Great location to subway. Safe neighborhood. New renovations are terrific! Love the boutique atmosphere!
2 night family trip May 18, 2015
Roberta
Convenient place to stay. Rooms are very adequate, bed extremely comfortable, reading light did not work. I am a repeat visitor. It is good value for the money
1 night trip Jun 5, 2015
"Great place"
Nice hotel, and easy transpiration.
1 night business trip Jun 3, 2015
"Great location restaurants park shopping very near"
Small but nice rooms. Had two rooms one had mildew in bathroom.
1 night family trip May 30, 2015
"Good hotel & good value if..."
Very good hotel & a good value for its location...if you time the booking well. Room was clean & comfortable. Good shower. Minor quibbles: The 2 free water bottles weren't replaced by housekeeping after 1st night. When 1 elevator was broken, mgmt should have posted signs that other elevators were down the hallway. Gnarly rug at room entryway should be removed. Needed to extend my visit by 1 night, but online showed huge price increase. Front desk unwilling to help, so I went to different hotel. Later that day I checked online & price dropped by almost half.
3 night business trip May 24, 2015
JONATHAN
"Great value for Manhattan"
GREAT
1 night trip May 22, 2015
"Consistent and inviting"
We love this hotel and stay here for business and pleasure. UWS is a great neighborhood and hotel is situated in a great spot. Rooms are modern, clean and well-cared for. Lobby is comfortable, inviting and warm. My only complaint: price has risen over the years, but that only means it has remained consistently good.
1 night business trip May 14, 2015
"Great place on Upper West Side."
Great place on Upper West Side. Very comfortable room, excellent condition and nice A/C (it was a very warm couple of days). Did not get a chance to eat at the hotel or other amenities, so can't judge them. Everything else, though, was very good.
2 night business trip May 5, 2015
"Cozy NY hotel"
Everything was nice and clean; with friendly staffs. The neighborhood is great! The only thing missing was some sink countertop and shelves for towels in the bathroom. The bathroom was large enough for it.
2 night business trip May 4, 2015
Shoubert
"Excellent choice"
Highly recommend. My hotels in NY have been hit or miss.-- mostly miss. So for those with luck like me, don't hesitate to stay here. We are a family of 4 staying in a room with 2 double beds and were happy.
1 night family trip Apr 15, 2015
"Slept well!!!"
Beds very comfortable, Duane Reade right downstairs, good shopping, subway close by, staff helpful and friendly. Room was a little smaller than I expected bit hey...its NY!!
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Danielle A.
"the best in the west"
The usual unrivaled hospitality on the upper west side.
1 night romance trip Apr 26, 2015
robert
"Short but Sweet"
The NYLO was recommended by one of our tenants who stays there when in New York. Ours was a short visit but we totally enjoyed the NYLO, its location and modest (for NYC) price. We will definitely stay there again.
3 night romance trip Apr 23, 2015
"Like it"
**** I love the modern decor of the hotel service was phenomenal. However the standard room felt a bit small for my taste.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2015
Kenia
"NYC weekend"
We had a great night at your hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and the room was very comfortable and the perfect size.
1 night trip with friends Apr 21, 2015
Carolyn
"Awesome"
It was awesome i have stayed at this hotel a few times before and i absolutely enjoyed my stay.
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
"NYLO - Good Location, GREAT bed!"
the bed was super comfortable - which is the most important for me. If I had to point out room for improvement, I would mention that the bathroom was oppressively small and water pressure quite bad. Additionally, I would prefer normal drawers to the locker-type situation. A little room service would be good as well, but not a huge loss since there is so much all around. The location and the bed are the most important (& tv). All was good. The service and staff were great.
4 night family trip Apr 16, 2015
"Lights, Pile Driver, Action!"
When we checked in at 9 p.m., the clerk asked if we wanted a free upgrade to a room with two beds. We declined since we didn't need two beds. What the clerk DIDN'T tell us is that the room with one bed was situated on the back side of the hotel directly adjacent to a construction site. Promptly at 7 a.m. the next morning we were treated to the sound of a pile driver and other heavy construction equipment. The water in the shower was tepid at best. The hair dryer didn't work and we had to wait a half hour for someone to bring a replacement. The next morning we again had construction start at 7 a.m. Then about 8:45 the loudspeaker came on and we were bombarded with the following message: "May I have your attention, please. May I have your attention, please. This is your hotel fire safety director speakin'. We are conductin' a test of the fire system. This is only a test. Please ignore any lights, sirens, or strobes." The message was repeated three times. Later in the day, when we had returned to the hotel for a little downtime, we went through the same process, and the strobe on the wall directly across from the bed started flashing for a considerable period of time. It was actually a relief to leave the hotel and go out on the street where there seemed to be less chaos. The bed was really comfortable, we will say that. However, our experience was such that we will choose another hotel the next time we are in NYC.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night romance trip Apr 12, 2015
"Perfect if not for the nearby construction"
We arrived at the hotel around 9:30 AM after a red-eye flight, extremely tired, just hoping to leave our luggage with the bell desk and go somewhere to kill the hours till check in. To our MAJOR surprise, the front desk lady told us our room was ready, and we were able to go upstairs right away and sleep!!!! We were extremely grateful, so we got to the room, unpacked and jumped into bed ... this was a Saturday, mind you, and yet the construction of a new condo building was going full blast! We put earplugs in and collapsed anyway. Sunday they took a break and Monday they were back at it. Aside from that, the non-carpeted floor was WONDERFUL and clean, I never had any dirt on my feet walking on it. I HATE hotel carpet, even at my house I only have area rugs. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower had plenty of water pressure (rare on the West Coast, where I travel mostly). I was very happy with the location, the bar, the lobby and the service! Will definitely stay there again!
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
ADRIAN
"My favorite NYC Hotel!"
Wonderful place to stay. Feel like I am returning home.Casual, elegant, and unpretentious.
7 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
Marc
"Our mom n Daughter day...."
Surprised my daughter with an overnighter.. Loved the location..Staff friendly and accommodating..although I had read a review regarding construction noise.. We heard none.. It was quiet.. The bed incredibly comfortable.. We ate @ Serafinas .. After spending an entire day shopping, plenty of shops, eateries,within walking distance of Lincoln center, Beacon.. We were pleasantly surprised Can't wait to go back
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"My FAVORITE"
I chose NYLO as it was close to work. I LOVED it … the staff was super with my special request for a quiet room … everything about it was perfect … thank you!
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
"great hotel"
My second stay at the NYLO. It's a perfect hotel for me, having lived on the upper west side for over 20 years prior to selling our apartment. I like the decor, the amenities, the ambience, the room itself. Comfortable bed, nice tv, etc. Only thing I didn't like was that one of the two elevators just outside my door was out of service during my stay, and the other one was constantly being used by staff.
3 night trip Mar 24, 2015
Elisabeth
"Great location and awesome cleanliness."
Great staff and location. Very nice hotel with expected amenities.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Great NY Get-Away"
Great boutique hotel in a great location. Sumptuous linens and cozy bed. Very friendly staff. Decent sized room for NY hotel. Convenient to subway, Central Park, Museum of Natural History, in addition to many restaraunt and bakery choices.
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Noisy"
Checking in, the gentleman was less than gentile, kind of rude. Gave me a room on the second floor even though I requested a higher floor as I am an extremely light sleeper... Our room was directly over the entrance, street noise and conversations as if I was sitting outside, the windows are not soundproof and near the garbage removal area, the trucks come around 2:00 a.m., ...therefore I did not sleep at all.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Mary Ann
"A Repeat Guest"
Since we've stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times, we obviously like it! Love being away from the more touristy areas of NY but still being close enough to get everywhere easily. Rooms are somewhat small but who goes to NY to hang out in a hotel room.
3 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
rita
"A special little spot on the Upper West Side"
I stayed at NYLO with my boyfriend for one night in March 2014. We really enjoyed the proximity to public transportation, the uniqueness of the room and lobby at NYLO, and the comfort of the bed!! Everyone has a different sleeping preference, but mine would be a soft mattress that feels like you're sleeping on a cloud, fluffy pillows, and soft blankets. That's what NYLO has!! It was a great place to sleep. The other perk is that you're a 2 block walk from the subway that brings you anywhere on the west side of Manhattan. You can take it south to the World Trade Center memorial, north to harlem, and get out anywhere in between (central park, great restaurants, etc). Otherwise, room was clean, hotel was different (didn't just look like something out of another hoetel chain). I didn't try the bar in the lobby, but it seemed that people were enjoying it. I'd go back!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
jayme
"Very disappointing and overpriced"
The room was narrow, depressingly painted and furnished, and extremely noisy. The heater sounded like a tropical typhoon and the walls are so thin that we could hear every single word of a lengthy phone conversation from the next room at 6AM! Even worse, we had to wait well over an hour to get our car back from the valet parking. Incredibly overpriced for what you get.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Paolo
"Little Gem"
Great little gem on Upper West. Rooms are clean and modern if a little small. Hotel has an adjoining restaurant and is easy access to subway and all the goodies the West side has to offer.
4 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Moderate"
I was very disappointed- I assumed I was getting a view since all the images showed rooms with amazing views. I got the back of the building which was dark. The room was small and cramped without a desk or anything. The bathroom had no shelving adequate enough to hold my belongs. The tub was dirty and the sink didn't look so great either. I don't feel like I got any great deal whatsoever. The one plus was the bed and the bedding. Incredibly comfortable. The hotel staff was wonderful. I did call the front desk about a possible missing iPhone and my message was never returned. The lobby is lovey hip and fun. With so many hotels in NYC I'm not sure I would return.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Excellent option in NYC"
This is an excellent property in NY. My particular room was outstanding, with a balcony and plenty of space. The wifi is very strong (also free in my case), and their location between two subway stations makes it a convenient hop further downtown. I ate in one of the two restaurants on-site (Serafina) which was so-so, not especially good value for the quality of food. There are great restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel though, and some very good cafes/coffee places close by. Try Mille Feuille, just across the street on Broadway. I really liked the small size of the property and that it feels somewhat tucked away from the madding crowds. The Upper West Side is generally a quieter part of town. I had no issues with room noise at all. I would absolutely not hesitate to book in here again and, in fact, am looking forward to my return to the property. It strikes just the right balance of value, amenities, location and quality.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
SFOH
"Cozy and nice; great price and easy to get around"
stayed for five nights in March. GREAT place, the rooms are very cozy (read, room for the bed and furniture, no yoga on the floor here, but that suits me just fine). bathroom was great, clean, well appointed. No dresser, but cubbies in the closet. doesn't have free wifi. there are millions of outlets for charging EVERYTHING. including USB charging outlets right by the bed. That's GREAT. 2 blocks from the 1 line; across from a CVS; good restaurants in the area.
5 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Always a pleasure"
I love this hotel and it's location. While the staff is not extremely helpful and you have to drag your luggage up a few stairs, I would return. Enjoy the atmosphere in lobby and the rooms are big enough. Best advice, upgrade!
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"in the heart of the West Side"
We had stayed at NYLO (aka On The Ave) before and it was interesting to see the changes especially to the lobby, bar, louder music, different seating arrangements
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Shosh
Exceptional experience! The hotel is in a great location, the room is comfortable, and Serafina restaurant is very good.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"One of the best affordable hotels in NYC."
Beautiful hotel, very nicely remodeled (or possibly new) with central air/heat (RARE in NYC), hard wood floors, and modern decor. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (and I have a tempurpedic). There were minimal cleanliness issues (hair here and there in one room but the other rooms were pretty spottless). Free waters in the room. Hotel staff are outstanding. I had noise issues the night before an interview with the room next door being very loud, and received a complimentary upgrade to the Penthouse suite which was amazing and totally silent. The entire hotel is amazingly quiet for NYC, as almost all the rooms face 77th and not Broadway, so there is minimal to no traffic, and the hotel is very well insulated.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Constructions noise and cigarette smells"
The location is very convenient for West Side attractions, especially the Natural History Museum. You can't really blame them for the construction noise going on right next door. Nor can you fully blame them for the crazy couple having a domestic dispute in the hallway from 4 am until 5:30 am when the cops came. Security tried to resolve the situation, but perhaps cops should have been called sooner. You CAN hold the hotel accountable for the backed up shower drain. Can you hold them accountable for the hallways which reeked of cigarette smoke?
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Kate, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. We apologize for the inconvenience caused with the construction next door, substandard shower, and the smoke odor in the hallways. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team so they may be properly addressed to the appropriate departments. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Kate
"Very solid hotel at good price on Upper West Side"
Good-sized room.. Updated. Clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good location for me (Upper West side). Only nick is not right at Central Park, but that's a nit. Very good price for the night.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Great hotel!"
In town for NYC Half Marathon. Great location for race as well as easy access to theatre and shopping districts. Hope to be back soon!
3 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Perfect!"
Hip hotel, great location, for a very good price! They have a cool lounge/restaurant in the lobby too.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015