All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2178 Broadway at W 77th St, New York, NY, 10024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"great location, quiet and comfortable"
Although a couple of the outlets didn't work and an engineer had to fix the heating system in the room, this is a great new find for me. A steampunk aesthetic all around, the room I had contained two beds and a coffee machine that actually had good coffee for it. The bar downstairs looked nice but I never had a drink there; it seemed to be filled both nights I was in the hotel. I've already recommended to folks who might need to house someone in a hotel on the west side of the City.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
"Huge room at a great price"
I stay in NYC 4 or 5 times per year. This was the largest room I have ever had and it was only $260. The room was beautiful and spacious. The hotel was very nice inside and the staff were accommodating. I will absolutely stay here again.
1 night business trip Feb 18, 2015
Doug
"Great locaion, ease of access"
Makes you feel like you are in a high end hotel. Great service.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
"Romantic getaway"
Stayed here for a birthday getaway. We had the penthouse loft with a great view and the most comfortable bed we ever slept in! LOVE the Upper West Side.
2 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Kathryn
"Great experience thanks to Expedia"
I have been offered this hotel as a special deal from Expedia. Thanks to it I got also a free wifi and upgrade to superior room that was beautiful, peaceful and spacious. I have been very pleased by overall quality and also nice attitude of front desk staff.
Lukas
"Almost a Perfect Stay...."
I loved this hotel. I come to get away about twice a year, and this hotel by far has been my favorite. The vibe is kicked back and the surroundings are warm and inviting. The hotel is clean, and I loved the loft decor. I had the NYLO Superior and thought it was great. I read some reviews that the room was small, I totally disagree with that. I thought the service could be a tad better. I had to wait in the lounge for my drink orders and food when I ordered it. They seemed to be short staffed. I had a problem with my departure plans..I had a car ordered for early morning to go to the airport and it didn't show up. The front desk had not record of the arrangement, so I was left out on the street looking for a cab for 30 minutes in snow and biting cold 8 degree weather.
7 night trip Feb 10, 2015
holly
"Grew up on UWS-Nice but should've stayed elsewhere"
As a frequent business traveler I rarely review unless it's extraordinary or poor this is the latter. Growing up across the street from N I decided to staycation in NY last week ending at NYLO. Location is perfectly situated on the UWS and a major transit hub on 79th. The hotel itself is clean and on par with the lobbies and bar in other NYLO locations (dont hold this review against Dallas they are FAB!!!). Our floor smelled like rotting cabbage in the hallway both days, however the smell didnt enter the room. The Lifestyle Loft is not worth the hype. We were on the 14th Floor with a sizable terrace with partial views of NJ across the Hudson and the roof of the American Museum of Natural History. The bathroom was teeny. Despite the size of the vanity 2 people couldnt prep for the day simulanteously without sitting on the toilet. The shower was a good size. We has a room that adjoined to the other and you could hear everything, cool concept if you have kids though. The elevators were incredibly slow to only have to get 14 floors with luggage was like getting on a 3 train at 5p. The doorman was always chatting with someone rather than tending to the door. There was a woman with all her luggage and the doors are rather heavy - I had to open the door for her! The front desk woman was rude with a smile and as a VIP+ hotel didnt give us any perks as prescribed on Expedia. She provided me with free WiFi due to an incident upon check-in. Stay at Hotel Beacon!
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Veronica, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
Veronica
"A modern twist on lodging"
From the moment we walked in we were impressed. The chic modern vibe of the lobby was noticeable and appealing. I was completely taken back by surprise when I was told we were being upgraded to the loft room at no extra charge while checking in. I guess we just happened to come at the right time. It was a spacious room with a balcony, a view of the city, and king sized bed. The bathroom was clean and the shower stall was decent size and nicely tiled. Room service was pleasantly helpful when requested. All in all, it was an absolutely great experience and we'd definitely stay there again!!!
khuram
"Very disappointed"
There was construction of a new condo building, the noise was extremely loud and constant. The room was very "hard", the furnishings, the floor as laminate and you can hear every step a person made. The floors were not cleaned very well and the shower drain was clogged. It was very over-priced for what we received.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear roxanne, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
roxanne
"Trendy lounge"
Nice location , clean , modern style Room , nice lounge , close to Beacon theater
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Good NYC business stay"
NYLO was clean comfortable and in most ways excellent. My only complaint was that my room seemed to be near a staff break room, and the smell of cigarette smoke in the corridor was quite strong. Fortunately there was no cigarette smoke in the room, so for one night, it was not a problem. Bed was very luxe!
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Terri
"First but not last stay at the NYLO New York City!"
Loved my stay. My room was wonderfully laid out and bed super comfy. Loved quality of bedding and pillows. Liked the free water bottles in room and Keurig coffee machine. Great shower and large stainless sink in bathroom. Tons of space for my things and a great tv in room.
2 night trip Feb 11, 2015
Elisabeth
"Excellent choice"
Had large room that comfortably accommodated 4 people. Very good beds and bathroom.
1 night family trip Jan 29, 2015
Jed
"Wonderful experience!!"
Great hotel, great location, and great bed! I travel a lot to NY for business & pleasure and am very picky about the hotels & location I stay in. I will absolutely be staying here again!
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
Allison
"Great location, fun, trendy hotel"
Great location - easy to catch a cab and close to a subway station. The staff was courteous and accommodating. Housekeeping was attentive to detail keeping our room in tip-top shape. The room was small but typical for NYC and we never felt cramped. The hotel itself had a really cool vibe - the lobby and bar area were a nice place to hang out as we planned our activities each day. We will definitely stay at NYLO again.
Other trip Feb 11, 2015
"Wonderful Experience"
The hotel is absolutely adorable! Having lived in NYC previously I already knew I loved the neighborhood, but the bar on the entrance floor of the hotel was very nice and it was pet friendly. I did not have my dog with my, but loved that others who were walking theirs were stopping in for drinks. Staff was super friendly, and even though there was VERY loud construction going on outside our window early in the morning, the staff and entire hotel more than made up for it! I would go back here in a heartbeat!
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
Lauren
"Close to all attractions"
Great customer service !!! A little noisy due to new building being built next to it.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Art
"Upper West Side Gem"
Best Hotel Ever!
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
"great value"
great stay ..i upgraded to a loft with beautiful view
1 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
"stylish AND comfortable"
These are two things that are difficult to find at the same time in a NY hotel. add good value and great location and you cant go wrong . Just two things to improve: super noisy AC/ heater and no free wifi in the rooms.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
mj
"Theater Night"
I loved the room. We had lots of space and the beds were heaven! NYLO is located near many theaters which makes it a great location!
1 night trip with friends Jan 28, 2015
"Unfortunately"
There was a great deal of jack hammering going on at 7 am. Maybe a room a bit further away would have been better. In addition the shower did not drain well so I had to stand in soapy water.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear jim, Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
jim
"Modern hotel in great locaction"
Stayed for 4 nights to explore the city. Great, modern hotel in great neighborhood.
4 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015
"great hotel"
i had upgrated to a loft ..view and room was amazing ... service was great
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2015
Maria
"Little Gem on the Upper West Side"
I wish I had more time to stay, the hotel was clean and comfortable and in a great location. What a wonderful find!
1 night family trip Jan 31, 2015
Trendy modern hotel with up to date amenities. Better than most hotels in this price range in NY.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
Terrific bed and quiet room. The bathroom was a little small and while the hotel promoted reusing towels there were no towel racks in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly and took care of our check in and check out quickly.
Other trip Feb 3, 2015
"Great Location, Neighborhood"
Great location in a quiet neighborhood that has great restaurant choices. Close to two subway stations. The room was clean and bed extremely comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel.
2 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
Wonderful hotel! Kind and friendly staff! I would definitely return and recommend this hotel!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
"Great Neighborhood"
Rooms are small but clean. Beds are comfortable but high off the ground. great neighborhood. Close to the Beacon Theater. Our room was adjacent to an empty lot which is presently undergoing construction. The jack hammers started at 8 am on a Saturday morning. Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2015
LoriM
"Great, inexpensive for NYC"
We stayed here during the non-blizzard as a last minute thing. We were very grateful to find an affordable room on short notice on the upper west side. Great location 2 blocks from subway. And awesome during a blizzard to have Serafina restaurant right there without having to go outside. The room was clean and comfy, not huge but had everything you need. Bed was comfy. No complaints.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
G
"Great all-around hotel"
I travel to NYC regularly on business and love to stay at NYLO. The location is great near museums, subways, and crosstown buses. The hotel is super clean and comfortable and has a cool, cozy bar to invite friends, a lovely wine/bar terrace in the summer and a good all-around restaurant on the ground floor. The staff is wonderful and jump whenever you need anything.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
"Hotel was very clean and cozy"
This hotel is perfect for a stay in the UWS of NYC, it was very trendy and clean
Other trip Jan 29, 2015
joe
"Can get super great rates on Expedia!"
I always enjoy this hotel. It's easy to stay there and very pleasing. Just wish they had more staff in the lounge because I often have to be really patient for the barkeep to be able to serve me. Staff is always friendly; I even hug some of them. I think they need more help at peak hours. OK, well, room service would be a plus, too.
Other trip Jan 28, 2015
Karenina
"wonder stay in paradise"
Excellent stay. Really enjoy view from my balcony. The best part was the Italian restaurant downstairs was wonderful. The location was wonderful.
1 night romance trip Jan 24, 2015
trevis
"great stay"
great stay for a business trip
14 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"convenient to Lincoln center"
Nice hotel. Rooms are on the small side. In the bathroom, the sink is made of metal, porcelain would be better. Cheerful lounge, a bit noisy at times. Break first is nice.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
H
"Close to Beacon Theatre"
Perfect boutique chic spot for a few drinks in the lounge before a quick walk to a show at the Beacon. Dog friendly a plus.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
Jen
"Getaway in NYC"
Our stay was just for a night. Just a quick getaway from our busy household. It was quiet, pleasant and most of all relaxing. The staff was pleasant, room was clean, so no complaints.
1 night romance trip Jan 18, 2015
Ocie
"Loved this hotel and location!"
I stay in NYC a lot for weekend getaways and this hotel and location is my favorite so far. Nice to be in more of a neighborhood than all the hustle and bustle and tourists but it's still very easy to get everywhere. Loved the hotel! Great lobby bar and fantastic large comfortable room. I will definitely stay here again.
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
Mandy
"This was great"
It is located a few blocks down from the 1,2,3 subway stops walking on Broadway. (Down from 79, up from 72). Very clean, a bit new age. Massive bed and bathroom. There is no view from the room, just the building over the street. Staff was very nice and helpful. But you had to pay for internet in your room.
Other trip Jan 22, 2015
Yama
"Fabulous location and value"
The lobby is dark and loud but once you get past it to your room everything is fabulous. Great location, very comfortable, clean, bright, great value.
2 night trip with friends Jan 18, 2015
michael
"UWS Gem"
Nylo is a Class act all the way ! With the Most Comfortable Beds in NYC!
1 night business trip Jan 19, 2015
"Comfy beds"
Beds were the most comfortable beds we had ever slept in! Great location -we could get to everywhere we needed with ease. We would stay here again. Great hotel.
4 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
"Great hotel on the UWS!"
I loved the location of this hotel as it is in the upper west side. Quiet area but with plenty of restaurants close by. Easy access to central park as well. If you don't mind walking a little, walk to central park and then over to shopping on 5th Ave etc. Otherwise, all is just a short cab or subway ride away. The hotel itself was nice and comfortable. My room was much larger than other hotels in NYC that I have stayed in. Beds were great and I enjoyed my deluxe panoramic room with a balcony. However, what good is a balcony if there are no chairs to sit outside with your morning coffee to enjoy the view. That would be my only negative response. Otherwise the hotel was perfect for me!
5 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Great Value and location"
We hD a great stay at this new hotel-very cozy lobby, great restaurant (Serafina) and nice staff. Clean and very comfortable mattress. Will stay again and recommend to family and friends:)
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Emme
"Winter stay at the NYLO was a good experience!"
The NYLO was very convenient when visiting the upper west side zone of Manhattan. There is a subway stop for the 1-2-3 line 2 blocks north on Broadway as well as a 79th street crosstown bus stop. So you can get anywhere in the city easily from here. The hotel itself was a pleasant surprise. Kind of IKEA modern (as opposed to old-fashioned or mid-century) in the rooms. A standard room is typically New York City-small but effectively usable with storage cubes in every corner (we were there 6 days in winter weather so had plenty of personal items to stash). The hotel staff at front desk were great at checkin allowing us to store bags in luggage room as we had arrived 3 hours before checkin time and room not yet ready. A request for a higher floor room overlooking Broadway was honored. We were out all day and each night the room staff had really cleaned up after us with a made-bed, fresh towels and toiletries, and a clean environment overall. If we say too many other good things there will probably be lots of folks competing with us for a room next time we return to the city! We will definitely return to the NYLO!!
6 night family trip Jan 12, 2015
Ron
great area and hotel......perfect for the new York city experience
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Completely AMAZED!!"
I wanted an amazing hotel that would not cost my company a fortune, but would also be nice and not a chain...man did I score. The bed is amazing, I MEAN AMAZING and all of the staff we super helpful and nice. I will only stay here when I come back to NYC. I've read some say it was small, well it's NYC, lol and being from San Francisco, it was large to me. All in all, you can't beat the location, the price, the service or anything else. I have NO complaints at all and I'm picky.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Great boutique hotel in the heart of the UWS"
Great boutique hotel in the heart of the UWS. Convenient to subway and Central Park. Clean. Near lots of restaurants.
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015