All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
2178 Broadway at W 77th St, New York, NY, 10024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Perfect spot, perfect vibe, perfect bed"
A few awkward elements to the mod furniture, and without the Expedia discount it would have been out of my range, but otherwise fabulous -- especially with the terrace we got thanks to Expedia discount!
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
"OK but not really great"
Check in terible experience. staff giving automatic answers without any intention to assist. we recived a parcel to the Hotel and had to go back and forth with hotel staff until they checked and found it at their back room it is great location, but average / mediocre delivery
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear AB, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
ABL
"Perfect if not for the nearby construction"
We arrived at the hotel around 9:30 AM after a red-eye flight, extremely tired, just hoping to leave our luggage with the bell desk and go somewhere to kill the hours till check in. To our MAJOR surprise, the front desk lady told us our room was ready, and we were able to go upstairs right away and sleep!!!! We were extremely grateful, so we got to the room, unpacked and jumped into bed ... this was a Saturday, mind you, and yet the construction of a new condo building was going full blast! We put earplugs in and collapsed anyway. Sunday they took a break and Monday they were back at it. Aside from that, the non-carpeted floor was WONDERFUL and clean, I never had any dirt on my feet walking on it. I HATE hotel carpet, even at my house I only have area rugs. The bathroom was beautiful and the shower had plenty of water pressure (rare on the West Coast, where I travel mostly). I was very happy with the location, the bar, the lobby and the service! Will definitely stay there again!
3 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
ADRIAN
"outstanding service and location"
This is a well-situated Manhattan hotel, with outstanding service from the check-in desk to the bell captain. Dinner food in their fusion Chinese restaurant was fantastic and the waiter was really knowledgeable about all dishes and enthusiastic as well. Breakfast in the Serafina was amazingly fresh; potatoes and eggs were much more tasty than a standard hotel fare. The lobby is quirky and pleasant; one enters through the bar and everything is right there: check-in, concierge, bell captain, a nice sitting lounge with desks and computer hookups (!), fireplace. Rooms have floors, not carpeting, which is refreshing, and 2 bottles of FREE water were provided (a rare treat in any hotel).
Maria
"Excellent location in the upper West Side."
Clean and safe. Easy walking to the Park and museums.
Maine Golf Guy
"Upper West Side"
We were in NY for medical reasons and it is an easy ride up to Columbia Hospital/Presbyterian. We typically visit NY for shows, etc., so this was our first time staying up in this part of the city. We loved it. Very family, neighborhood feel. Kids, dogs, deli's, great little restaurants, lots of shopping without the neon of Times Square. Three blocks to the park and Natural History Museum. The hotel is fun and edgy. Great bar and library area. We overlooked Broadway so it was noisy, but fun to people watch. Our only complaint was the room was small. I missed having a chair to sit in and read or work on my laptop. There was a desk and a bench, but not a separate space to have a cup of coffee and a pastry from one of the two AMAZING European Bakeries across the street! For NY, it is a great value!
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
older, but fun
"My favorite NYC Hotel!"
Wonderful place to stay. Feel like I am returning home.Casual, elegant, and unpretentious.
7 night trip with friends Apr 1, 2015
Marc
I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff were very nice, the rooms were clean, and it's at a great location.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Good hotel in the upper west side"
Room was comfortable, but a bit small. Hotel was clean ms AT&T wA friendly and helpful. I recommend it as a good place to stay in Manhattan.
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
wayne s
"Gem of a hotel on the Upper West Side"
This lovely little spot on the Upper West Side became our home away from home for three days. Close to subway stops and convenient to great restaurants, NYLO felt very European and chic while offering a comfortable and welcoming environment. The library and bar were perfect spots for sipping coffee and journaling, and our room was perfect for relaxing and regrouping. We absolutely loved it and will definitely stay here next time we're in New York!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Megan
"Our mom n Daughter day...."
Surprised my daughter with an overnighter.. Loved the location..Staff friendly and accommodating..although I had read a review regarding construction noise.. We heard none.. It was quiet.. The bed incredibly comfortable.. We ate @ Serafinas .. After spending an entire day shopping, plenty of shops, eateries,within walking distance of Lincoln center, Beacon.. We were pleasantly surprised Can't wait to go back
1 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
Pricing is very reasonable, comfortable surroundings, though a little spartan. Every room should have a chair in which to sit. There is plenty of room. Terrific bathrooms in every room In which I gave stayed- big plus!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"Nice hotel in a safe area"
We were visiting New York to do some sightseeing over spring break. The hotel is in a quiet neighborhood, close to numerous restaurants, and within short walking distance of the subway. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious compared to others we have stayed in New York, and were very comfortable.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Angie
"My FAVORITE"
I chose NYLO as it was close to work. I LOVED it … the staff was super with my special request for a quiet room … everything about it was perfect … thank you!
2 night business trip Apr 3, 2015
"great hotel"
My second stay at the NYLO. It's a perfect hotel for me, having lived on the upper west side for over 20 years prior to selling our apartment. I like the decor, the amenities, the ambience, the room itself. Comfortable bed, nice tv, etc. Only thing I didn't like was that one of the two elevators just outside my door was out of service during my stay, and the other one was constantly being used by staff.
3 night trip Mar 24, 2015
Elisabeth
It is not very quiet nearby. every morning woke up by the noise.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear traveler, It was our pleasure to have Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great location and awesome cleanliness."
Great staff and location. Very nice hotel with expected amenities.
2 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Great NY Get-Away"
Great boutique hotel in a great location. Sumptuous linens and cozy bed. Very friendly staff. Decent sized room for NY hotel. Convenient to subway, Central Park, Museum of Natural History, in addition to many restaraunt and bakery choices.
2 night romance trip Mar 30, 2015
"Noisy"
Checking in, the gentleman was less than gentile, kind of rude. Gave me a room on the second floor even though I requested a higher floor as I am an extremely light sleeper... Our room was directly over the entrance, street noise and conversations as if I was sitting outside, the windows are not soundproof and near the garbage removal area, the trucks come around 2:00 a.m., ...therefore I did not sleep at all.
1 night family trip Mar 29, 2015
Mary Ann
"A Repeat Guest"
Since we've stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times, we obviously like it! Love being away from the more touristy areas of NY but still being close enough to get everywhere easily. Rooms are somewhat small but who goes to NY to hang out in a hotel room.
3 night romance trip Mar 21, 2015
rita
"A special little spot on the Upper West Side"
I stayed at NYLO with my boyfriend for one night in March 2014. We really enjoyed the proximity to public transportation, the uniqueness of the room and lobby at NYLO, and the comfort of the bed!! Everyone has a different sleeping preference, but mine would be a soft mattress that feels like you're sleeping on a cloud, fluffy pillows, and soft blankets. That's what NYLO has!! It was a great place to sleep. The other perk is that you're a 2 block walk from the subway that brings you anywhere on the west side of Manhattan. You can take it south to the World Trade Center memorial, north to harlem, and get out anywhere in between (central park, great restaurants, etc). Otherwise, room was clean, hotel was different (didn't just look like something out of another hoetel chain). I didn't try the bar in the lobby, but it seemed that people were enjoying it. I'd go back!
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
jayme
"Very disappointing and overpriced"
The room was narrow, depressingly painted and furnished, and extremely noisy. The heater sounded like a tropical typhoon and the walls are so thin that we could hear every single word of a lengthy phone conversation from the next room at 6AM! Even worse, we had to wait well over an hour to get our car back from the valet parking. Incredibly overpriced for what you get.
1 night family trip Mar 24, 2015
Paolo
"Little Gem"
Great little gem on Upper West. Rooms are clean and modern if a little small. Hotel has an adjoining restaurant and is easy access to subway and all the goodies the West side has to offer.
4 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Moderate"
I was very disappointed- I assumed I was getting a view since all the images showed rooms with amazing views. I got the back of the building which was dark. The room was small and cramped without a desk or anything. The bathroom had no shelving adequate enough to hold my belongs. The tub was dirty and the sink didn't look so great either. I don't feel like I got any great deal whatsoever. The one plus was the bed and the bedding. Incredibly comfortable. The hotel staff was wonderful. I did call the front desk about a possible missing iPhone and my message was never returned. The lobby is lovey hip and fun. With so many hotels in NYC I'm not sure I would return.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"Excellent option in NYC"
This is an excellent property in NY. My particular room was outstanding, with a balcony and plenty of space. The wifi is very strong (also free in my case), and their location between two subway stations makes it a convenient hop further downtown. I ate in one of the two restaurants on-site (Serafina) which was so-so, not especially good value for the quality of food. There are great restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel though, and some very good cafes/coffee places close by. Try Mille Feuille, just across the street on Broadway. I really liked the small size of the property and that it feels somewhat tucked away from the madding crowds. The Upper West Side is generally a quieter part of town. I had no issues with room noise at all. I would absolutely not hesitate to book in here again and, in fact, am looking forward to my return to the property. It strikes just the right balance of value, amenities, location and quality.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
SFOH
"Cozy and nice; great price and easy to get around"
stayed for five nights in March. GREAT place, the rooms are very cozy (read, room for the bed and furniture, no yoga on the floor here, but that suits me just fine). bathroom was great, clean, well appointed. No dresser, but cubbies in the closet. doesn't have free wifi. there are millions of outlets for charging EVERYTHING. including USB charging outlets right by the bed. That's GREAT. 2 blocks from the 1 line; across from a CVS; good restaurants in the area.
5 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Always a pleasure"
I love this hotel and it's location. While the staff is not extremely helpful and you have to drag your luggage up a few stairs, I would return. Enjoy the atmosphere in lobby and the rooms are big enough. Best advice, upgrade!
1 night business trip Feb 10, 2015
"in the heart of the West Side"
We had stayed at NYLO (aka On The Ave) before and it was interesting to see the changes especially to the lobby, bar, louder music, different seating arrangements
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Shosh
Exceptional experience! The hotel is in a great location, the room is comfortable, and Serafina restaurant is very good.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"One of the best affordable hotels in NYC."
Beautiful hotel, very nicely remodeled (or possibly new) with central air/heat (RARE in NYC), hard wood floors, and modern decor. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (and I have a tempurpedic). There were minimal cleanliness issues (hair here and there in one room but the other rooms were pretty spottless). Free waters in the room. Hotel staff are outstanding. I had noise issues the night before an interview with the room next door being very loud, and received a complimentary upgrade to the Penthouse suite which was amazing and totally silent. The entire hotel is amazingly quiet for NYC, as almost all the rooms face 77th and not Broadway, so there is minimal to no traffic, and the hotel is very well insulated.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
"Constructions noise and cigarette smells"
The location is very convenient for West Side attractions, especially the Natural History Museum. You can't really blame them for the construction noise going on right next door. Nor can you fully blame them for the crazy couple having a domestic dispute in the hallway from 4 am until 5:30 am when the cops came. Security tried to resolve the situation, but perhaps cops should have been called sooner. You CAN hold the hotel accountable for the backed up shower drain. Can you hold them accountable for the hallways which reeked of cigarette smoke?
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Kate, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to respond to our survey regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. We apologize for the inconvenience caused with the construction next door, substandard shower, and the smoke odor in the hallways. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team so they may be properly addressed to the appropriate departments. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
2 night business trip Mar 15, 2015
Kate
"Very solid hotel at good price on Upper West Side"
Good-sized room.. Updated. Clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good location for me (Upper West side). Only nick is not right at Central Park, but that's a nit. Very good price for the night.
1 night business trip Mar 16, 2015
"Great hotel!"
In town for NYC Half Marathon. Great location for race as well as easy access to theatre and shopping districts. Hope to be back soon!
3 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
"Perfect!"
Hip hotel, great location, for a very good price! They have a cool lounge/restaurant in the lobby too.
1 night trip with friends Mar 12, 2015
Fairuz
"HIP AND MODERN ON THE UPPER WEST SIDE"
I arrived on a flight ahead of my wife and was shown to a room booked via Hotels.com. The room had not been cleaned (I won't go into details). When I went back to the desk, I was given an upgrade to a suite and my wife was pleasantly surprised when she arrived. The hotel has been upgraded and made more urban and hip with a complete lobby redesign and a new and inviting bar/lounge area added. The NYLO is about the only good hotel on the Upper West Side - we love the location and plan to return.
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2015
"Awesome"
Very refreshing mind clearing when you need a break from everything in life nice and quiet relaxing place for A family or couple to go
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
Nice rooms but small, which is expected in Manhattan. Valley parking is 55$ but we luckily were able to find street parking right around the corner. Wifi isn't free so be aware. Overall it was a nice stay.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"A++"
Cool room. Comfy bed. Sexy lounge.
1 night romance trip Mar 12, 2015
Dylan
Great Experience. Staff were very nice and welcoming. Room was clean and had everything I needed. The standout was the bed. Super comfortable! Will definitely stay again.
2 night business trip Mar 11, 2015
"Nylo"
Great hotel
2 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
bruce
"A nice stay with a little funk"
we had a lovely stay. The demolition on the building across the street was a little noisy @ 7 AM, but once we turned it into a study of the demolition process, we sort of enjoyed the view.
2 night family trip Mar 8, 2015
"perfect night out."
Excellent for my special night with my fiancee.
1 night romance trip Mar 5, 2015
Ralph
"Really comfortable and NICE!!!"
Definitely good hotel for stay. Really nice hotel and comfort bed. Will go there Again for my next NY trip.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
Stella
"Nice hotel but tiny."
our stay was perfect. However, the room was tiny and needs updating. Bathroom was really really small.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Marcy
"boutique grande"
This is a great hotel in a very nice neighborhood pin the upper west side, Manhattan.Very clean, very helpful staff. The rooms are a delight, especially the rooms with a view, and has a great terrace on the rooftop.
2 night business trip Feb 1, 2015
robert
"Excellent and Convenient Upperwest Side Location"
No complaint. It was jus a great hotel stay, walking distance or two stops away by #1 train. Hotel rate was excellent but the restaurants in the area are pricey, I thought. We didn't stay long enough to see all the amenities. Overall, I had no complaints. Due to it's pet friendly hotel, rom was slightly smelly but tolerable.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Only spent one night at this hotel and the room was so clean and cozy that I'm considering booking it again. The beds are comfortable with a nice lighting system and a big enough TV to enjoy your favorite shows. 10/10
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Reliable excellent"
Reliable excellent hotel in the UWS
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2015
Marcelo
"All in one"
We were first given a room with a leak in the ceiling and when we informed them, Carlos was excellent and gave us a different room with an upgrade. That was great service, and we forgot all about how we started.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015