All hotels in New York, New York, United States of America
2178 Broadway at W 77th St, New York, NY, 10024, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Bar
"Much improved over OTA"
Good ambiance , great location
3 night business trip Nov 25, 2015
NORMAN
"Mega Deal in the Upper West Side"
This was the best deal in New York ever!!!! I got a room for $116/night in the middle of the upper west side. Knowing I was not going to spend much time in the room we booked a standard room; but we were upgraded to a rather large superior room with a beautiful view of Broadway, the pre-war building in front and the river beyond. The location is unbeatable, near so many wonderful restaurants, plenty of shopping and a few steps from the A line. I had some issues with the room but given the price, location and ammenities I will go back there in a heartbeat even at 60% more than what I paid. The room is nicely appointed, with great bedding a very nice shower and enough storage space. It was somewhat noisy as the windows were not soundproof, but if you want silence then a hotel in Broadway and 77th might not be for you. My biggest issue was poor lighting design; the reading lights only work when all the lights in the room are on. No way to have just a few lights on in the room, either the room was fully lighted or pitch black. The handle in the sink was loose so it was hard to control the water temperature. One day we returned at 4pm an our room was still unmade. You need to wait 45 minutes to get your car from valet. For some reason we could not make the heater to heat the room above 69 degrees, and it felt colder than that. But I still loved the place. It was a really good deal for a 4 star hotel in the city. Highly recommended.
3 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
Isabel
"Excellent place to stay in a great neighborhood"
AC/Heat: Difficult to regulate and pointed directly on the bed.
1 night trip Nov 23, 2015
Kris
"Very happy with our stay"
Great bed. Clean room. Nice shower where the hand-sprayer actually works. It is wonderful not to have carpeting. A wood floor always feels cleaner.
1 night romance trip Nov 23, 2015
"Short NYC visit"
Two days of sightseeing. Hotel was well located for museums, Central Park, etc. close to two subway lines. Staff was great, rooms were excellent.
3 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
Comfy beds, nice people; hot shower once I asked to switch rooms because of construction noise. They were happy to do that. Rooms are a little stark and cold; no rugs or carpet which is nice for cleanliness but makes for a chilly stay.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear traveler, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
4 night trip Nov 18, 2015
"extraordinary service"
the staff was extraordinarily helpful and accommodating in EVERY way. I have traveled extensively, and the staff at NYLO surpassed every expectation, and met every one of my needs quickly and with a smile.
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2015
aaron
"Lovely Hotel Great Staff"
bathroom a bit small... everything else was great.
8 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
Jose
Nick was terrific and welcoming! Upgraded us to a very nice room far exceeding our expectations! A great way to start our vacation!
4 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
Adena
"Disappointing"
Just a matter of personal taste, but I found the "industrial modern" decor off putting. Staff was only moderately friendly.... Nothing to write home about. Also, getting off the elevator on the 4th floor a housekeeping cart was parked there and the hallway floor clearly had not been vacuumed in days if not weeks. The cart was still sitting there the next morning. On the plus side, the double queen room is a good size, esp for NYC, and it's in a great neighborhood.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Maureen, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
1 night business trip Nov 10, 2015
Maureen
"Another great stay at NYLO"
Second visit to NYLO. Staff from reception desk to housekeeping was very friendly. Good closet and spacious room/bathroom for this price point in NYC. Minor gripe - a bit of mold along the outside of the shower but not a big deal. Very convenient if you are doing things on the west side. There's a CVS and Westside Market at Broadway and 77th, and Zabars is a few blocks away. Will stay there again.
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2015
Julia
"Would stay again"
I would stay here again for the location. The staff could use better management or pay. Their helpfulness was forced and might be improved with morale. The bathroom needed TLC. Covering cracked tiles with blank outlet covers wasn't what I expected to pay for or have to look at. The bathroom could also use some much needed counter space. Overall, a good stay. Love the mood of the lobby. It's amazing how 1 free water bottle in a hotel these days makes me feel cared for.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Maddie, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
5 night business trip Oct 19, 2015
Maddie
"Not really panoramic."
Money wasted on the panoramic deluxe. Nothing panoramic or deluxe, mainly saw the building accross the street from my room. Close to 100$ / night wasted.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Traveler, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
Other trip Nov 1, 2015
"Ny visit."
The rooms are to small. It is almost unacceptable the room site. People from front desk trying to sell upgrades all the time.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Paulo, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
paulo
"Great time"
Vacation for everything in Fall NY
14 night romance trip Oct 15, 2015
Josef
"nice hotel close to park"
Nice hotel short walk to subway and central park. Staff very helpful and friendly. Room was nice but on the small side. Room clean. Bed very comfortable. I would stay again.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
kc
"Noisiest room ever."
We asked for a quiet room when we checked in after dark, having arrived from California. The clerk assured us this would be quiet, as it was facing away from Broadway. The windows in the room leaked cold air, as they were old and not upgraded to storm windows. The floors were bare, something I have never before seen in an American hotel. There were no dressers, only cubby holes covered with metal doors. At 7am, which was 3 hours earlier for us, still on west coast time, there was tremendous noise from outside our window. We pulled back the curtains and saw we were immediately adjacent to a construction site. Not 15 feet from the window was a construction elevator, ferrying workers to the upper floors. I stared uncomprehendingly as they stared back at me. Fortunately we were able to find a room in a nearby hotel and we checked out that day.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
Other trip Oct 27, 2015
"NYLO is a good contemporary business boutique"
Room service closes at 9:00 and bar at midnight Tough when one is coming in from west coast Traffic is light and it is a good place to navigate from for business . Mostly business folks staying at hotel
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2015
"High 5 stars for the NYLO Hotel"
Great hotel for area activities...Beacon Theater just 1 block away. Fairway market offers fantastic selection of whatever food you desire. Very nice breakfast at Hotel restaurant.
1 night romance trip Oct 20, 2015
Ronald
"Very comfortable room"
Great shower and very comfortable bed
1 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
Emily
"Another misleading Hotels.com description"
Hotels.com per usual misrepresents the hotels. I was expecting a deep sunken tub per description, however the hotel does;t even have them. I find more times than not hotels.com is misleading.
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2015
"Great location on the west side of Central Park"
We were very pleased with the NYLO Hotel. The bed was very comfortable, the shower excellent, the decor modern and thoughtfully put together, and the staff very helpful. The lobby area was open yet subtly partitioned into several areas for reading and computer usage, the bar, and a lounge for conversation and music. One night there was live jazz for 3 hours. We spent two nights here and were sorry we couldn't stay longer. We liked the location of the hotel because of easy access to the subway at West 72nd (#1,2,3 lines) or at West 79th (just the #1 lines). It was also only a few blocks away from Central Park and the American Museum of Natural History. Needless to say, we did a lot of walking, and, when it was time to return to the Newark International Airport, it was easy to take the subway directly to Penn Station.
2 night family trip Oct 12, 2015
"Upper West Side Trendy, Great location, Enjoyable"
Stayed two nights while visiting son, a new student at Columbia. Loved the neighborhood, the vibe, the Italian place attached to the hotel for a late night pizza, the quirky, yet very comfortable room. We had a corner king room with an interesting view. Although we did not partake this time, the bar and hotel bar area felt inviting and was fun to pass through on the way in. Close to Central Park, the Met, Columbia, etc., all of which we walked to. My wife accidentally left her wallet in the unopened safe. We called the next day and Security said they would look. Early the next morning we received a call telling us it was found. Loosing this would have definitely dampened an otherwise great weekend. So glad it didn't. Thanks NYLOS!
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
Greg
Love the location. Love the lobby. Was not happy with room , shower did not get hot ( I called) and it still was not fixed correctly, housekeeping neglected towels and did not do a great job. The housekeeping cart was left outside all day/night. And our room was next to a resident (lives there all yr long) who left door opened all day. Overall I give this hotel 3 1/2 stars.
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
We really like the hotel. We liked the idea to have a bar with music at the first floor. Specialy when you are with kids. Yos want to be close enough to you room because kids get tired but why not having a glass of wine to enjoy your vacations. The room was small, but confortable. The rooms are very communicated. And the construction of the from is very noisy. But in general the service was fantastic. Thank you very much
8 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Jorge A
"Good stay"
Enjoyed the hotel, room was sizable (they upgraded me to suite- so not sure of standard rooms) - shower was great. One thing - WIFI is awful - couldn't carry a signal & hey whack you $15 for that. Halls had garbage on the floor - not like gross food or anything - but bits of paper as if a bag had broken in the hall - but it was there all 3 days I stayed - odd it was never vacuumed. Location is stellar - great neighborhood - not many tourist/hotels up there - restaurants & bars aplenty. Close to trains. I'd stay there again - especially if I'm in for a weekend or holiday
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
"Nice modern decor, friendly staff!"
Stay was nice. Hotel staff are very accommodating. Only thing I can say negatively about the experience was the WiFi...the hotel guests were asked to PAY $14 a day for WiFi will a patron at the bar received complimentary internet. Go figure! Other than that, rooms were clean and modern. Roof-top terrace very nice. Conveniently located.
3 night romance trip Oct 1, 2015
Monica
"SOHO in the UWS"
Got a fab upgrade to the loft which had a massive terrace and river view. Staff are attentive and seriously well-trained in hospitality.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
JadedNYer
Nice hotel, great location, good service, overall great stay. But whatever happened to breakfast?
1 night trip Sep 25, 2015
Marlene
Only in New York could such a cramped, soulless hotel with minimal amenities charge so much!
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Miriyam, It was our pleasure to have you stay with us. Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Warm Regards, Mark Miller General Manager
1 night family trip Sep 27, 2015
Miriyam
"Less than expected"
This was our third stay at the NYLO. Great location but our experience this time was less than we have come to expect. Our room walls were very dirty, the floors were dirty and so was the carpet by the bed. The hallway carpeting was stained and nasty. The bathroom hot water took 20 minutes all three mornings to heat up to where you could take a shower and there was no counter space in the bathroom and only one towel hook on the back of the door. We went for cocktails the first night we were there and never did it again because the service was so terrible. We ordered 4 drinks, got two of them and then had to ask for the other two - after about 15 minutes we went up to the bar to inquire about the other two and was told sorry - I got side tracked. It was not that busy so I am not sure why he forgot. After checking out, we had a couple of hours before we had to leave and so I was sitting in the library nearest the front desk when a very dark haired man with a very dark beard started chastising the woman he was working with about the timing of her break/lunch. He was rather loud and she was trying to talk to him but he cut her off and talked over her and was rather disrespectful to her. This was very uncomfortable. The customer should never have to hear staff arguing. I wished I had said something to them at the time but I didn't. It just seems like the care and attention to details is no longer there like it was when the NYLO first opened.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Lynn, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. Mark Milller
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
Lynn
"Lovely and entertaining Hotel"
Awesome stay, good location, good service,lovely and entertaining Hotel.
3 night trip Sep 22, 2015
Marlene
"For Pete's Sake"
no hot water in AM !!!!!!!
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2015
GUY
"Wish I could live here."
Loved it. I'll be back
6 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Ed
"Not bad moderinty"
We wound up at NYLO after arriving at our hotel (more hostel than hotel, we were trying to travel cheap) and finding they had no record of our booking and no rooms available. Looks like it was more of a hotels.com error than theirs though. NYLO was pretty much the only place in the city with rooms available right that minute, already kind of late at night. The place was considerably swankier than we were planning, which was fun. It's very modern. There are lots of nice details, like outlets (including USB plugins!) on both sides of each bed. Some of it is pretty hokey, like under-bed lighting and some rather fussy hanging lamps. For all that though, they could have invested in some soundproofing - you could hear everything in the hallway and adjoining rooms as though the walls weren't even there.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
Mara
Great stay great staff
5 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
Joshua
"The bed was comfortable."
The only nice thing I will say about this hotel is that the bed was comfortable. I booked, what I thought was a guaranteed reservation through Expedia (pay at hotel). However, the hotel attempted to charge my credit card before my arrival. Because I had not given authorization for the card to be charged, it was declined and my reservations were cancelled. The hotel blamed Expedia and Expedia blamed the hotel, but I had not room for the second night of my stay because NYC was sold out. The front office manager was a jerk and I found the hotel to be too pretentious. I will never stay there again.
Response by NYLO New York City
Dear Alex, Thank you for contributing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the NYLO. While we failed to meet your expectations rest assured; your feedback will be reviewed with the NYLO team. Hopefully, this will enable us to achieve our goal of exceeding our guests' expectations. MMiller
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Alex
"New York family visit"
I've stayed at the NYLO several times and have always had excellent service. This stay was no exception - my room was clean, comfortable and pretty quiet in spite of the major construction going on in the street. The staff was polite and very helpful. Thanks for the great stay.
2 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
"Keep looking"
Room size and condition was good but an entire bank of elevators did not work, nor on one morning did the TV, Internet, or room phone. Gym is small and minimal.
2 night business trip Sep 4, 2015
"U.S. Open Trip"
Great hotel. Great location
2 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
"Good Broadway Location"
We enjoyed our stay here with our two college-aged sons on school break. The hotel is in a great location to walk to Central Park and Museum Row, which was our destination while we were there. There are numerous good places to eat within a short walk, also. The staff was friendly, the room inviting and comfortable. The bathroom could have used some mildew remover - it was pretty pervasive. The 16th floor terrace was also a good place to see the views and relax with coffee and a read. I recommend the hotel!
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"First New York vacay!"
We stayed 8 nights and this hotel was perfect for our first vacation in New York. It was a great location and neighborhood. The only downside was the elevators. For the entire stay only 2 of the 4 elevators were working. Sometimes we had to wait 10+ minutes for the elevator. Everything else was good though.
8 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
Randall
"Great hotel in a safe and quiet neighborhood"
We enjoyed our stay in this hotel, which is located in a quiet and safe neighborhood near the museums and central park. The room has great space for luggages and moving around, plus the bed is large and comfy. Complimentary wifi access was also fast and reliable. For hotel service, though, you need to make a request if you need something, like complimentary water, revised password code on a daily basis, etc. It would also be better if the doormen would be more helpful in carrying luggages by guests into the lobby. There was also construction along the street at the time we were there but, since we were out most of the day, it did not bother us.
4 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
"Timing Might Be Everything"
im sure it is good but I had a pretty bad experience in terms of simple things. I stayed for ten nights. For nine of those nights an entire bank of elevators was out. The hot waterr to the room takes four to six minutes to heat up (I timed it each of the last seven days). My hallway consistently smelled like pot. One moning I woke up to no internet, no TV, no local phone service. When I went to tell them about it, they sort of shrugged and gave a sheepish smile. It felt like they might be pretty practiced at hearing about hotel problems. All that said, the positive was the size and comfort of the actual room. Not enough, though. Not looking to return.
7 night business trip Aug 28, 2015
"Thanks to a great desk staff!"
We were delighted that the hotel was willing to upgrade our room so that we could check in early. The room was wonderful, comfortable, roomy and quiet. The bar was out of many items on the menu.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
Sylvia
"Highly Recommended"
Stayed at the NYLO for 6 nights in August 2015. The upper west side is in my opinion the only place to stay in NYC and as far as I'm concerned this is my upper west side hotel from now on. Room was spotless, the mattress was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on, the staff were friendly and the bar/restaurants were wonderful. The only reason I only gave 4 stars on the Hotel Facilities instead of 5 is that one of the two elevators was out of order for our stay due to some kind of water leak, but hey crap happens. By the way, check out Tara O'Grady on Monday's in the bar, best Jazz singer and band I have heard in a while! Looking forward to my next visit to the NYLO!
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
"Great location. Lots of construction"
I loved the location and the neighborhood. The lobby is hip and great decor. The rooms were quite nice. I loved the rooftop balcony w/ a view. The negative was across the street construction that started every morning at 6/7AM, which was clearly not the hotel's fault. There were issues however with one set of elevators during my stay and that was a pain as the remaining set was packed. Also the housekeeping methods were a bit odd with them camped out in the elevator section of the floor every day (sometimes loudly on their cell phones). Overall a great stay, not excellent, but great location and price for nyc!
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Kelli
"Love this hotel in the Upper West side."
I stayed in the NYLO for 2 nights and had a great experience. This is the hotel we keep coming back to every time we go to NY. It is in a great area, and is just a short subway ride away from Times square.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Sally
The staff was very friendly & made check-in/check-out/valet easy. The room was a little on the small side, but we were only in there to sleep. The bed was very comfortable and the room and hotel itself were clean. We would definitely stay there again.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
Alyssa
"well situated Upper West Side"
We really liked this hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed for 7 nights, and had ony possitive interactions the entire time. One of the porters was on very friendly terms with my 2 young children, giving them colouring books and crayons when we returned to the hotel one evening. They were always very excited to see him and he returned their enthusiasm asking about their adventures of the day. The room had everything we needed and the lobby had ample, very comfortable sitting area for the clientel. The AC in our room worked well, our stay was in August and it was particularly hot and humid in the city. Our room had 2 full size or double beds with reading lights, a safe, a wing back chair, a desk and chair and cubbies for storage and a great view of the skyline from the 12th floor. A bar fridge was an optional extra.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015