All hotels in Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States of America
1760 Silas Deane Highway, Rocky Hill, CT, 06067-1302, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9481

"Family visit"
Room clean. great value. Conveniently located to restaurants. Easy access from major roads. Could use more lighting in vanity area.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
"Clean, comfortable, and cheap!"
It was a short stay but a great hotel for trying to save some money! Especially since we were not actually at the hotel much due to being in town for a wedding.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
Meg
"Stayed for Business - Impressed with Hotel"
First, I stayed overnight due to a job interview in Hartford, CT on September 23. In route from Providence, RI, I did get lost traveling. I made a call to them and they gave me directions. They were pretty wonderful and even asked what happened to me. VERY NICE!! I requested a Queen size bed w/ a non-smoking room. The staff at Howard Johnson delivered on that one! The bed was supportive and comfortable. The linen was beautifully white with a green cover and a comforter. Very pretty! I was extremely impressed with the bathroom and shower. Water pressure was excellent...not weak. The room warmed up VERY quickly with their heater. I kept mine on low heat. The room offered a beautifuly flat screen TV, a refrigerator (w/ several shelves) and a microwave. SWEET. Loved that!!!! and......FREE WI-FI!! Yeah. There was no delay on logging on from my laptop. Plenty of towels for face and body was really nice. The staff was FANTASTIC. Very informative of the neighborhood. Anything you need, they were very helpful without hesitation. The neighborhood/location is AWESOME. They are close to Hartford, CT within minutes. All up and down the road are restaurants and little eateries within walking distance or a short drive via car. The gas stations are less than 2 blocks away. Overall, I would DEFINITELY Recommend this Howard Johnson to anyone. I truly enjoyed my stay. I would return in a hearbeat.. Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!! Janice
Other trip Sep 25, 2014
Janice
"Neat, Clean and Nice"
Conveniently located and a real find among the lower priced motels available in the area. Will definitely return when the occasion arises.
1 night trip Sep 19, 2014
Ken
"We checked in late."
We were late as we went to a concert. There is 24 hour desk service. there is a door bell and then you check in. Be aware that if you book on Expedia, there are no refunds and the hotel will not give you your wyndam rewards. The bedspread looked like it had some previous activity which was not changed. Positives: Clean enough bed was comfortable, soft clean sheets, fridge, microwave. Feature that I like is the sink in main room. Someone can be showering or using the facilities and the sink is available for use!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
"Very Satisfied"
Affordable, Very clean, Awesome breakfast
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Dear Customer Thank You so much for kind review. The team will be very happy to see their hard work is being rewarded. We hope to have you back with us during your next visit. Sincerely, Peter
9 night business trip Aug 20, 2014
Ahmad
"Howardjohnson"
it's o.k for one night. I felt muggy smell in the room but the smell went away once the air conditioner was turned on. Price was high for a 2 star hotel. I Stayed 2 nights. I was checked in just by first and lat name. They did not even check the identity of the people checking in. overall lot's to improve but o.k to stay one or two nights.
Response by Howard Johnson Express Inn - Rocky Hill
Dear Customer Thank you so much for your recent review of the Howard Johnson, I personally do not stay anywhere without reading honest reviews such as the one you've provided us. We do check ID when your name doesn't match with our records in our system, in order to make your check in faster we just ask for your name - its one in million that someone would try to use your name with your reservation - we already know that it is you when we match names in our system. We have 16 camera system for our guest's security.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"Excellent Value for Great Price"
I have recently made two trips to Connecticut , and needed somewhere to crash for the evening. I had chosen this hotel based on the price and reviews, and was not disappointed! The room smelled like fresh laundry and was impeccably clean. Having stayed at much worse Howard Johnson's, I was pleasantly surprised. All of the amenities were functional, including the A/C and the mini-fridge, and the black-out curtains were very effective and provided good sleep on the comfortable bed. The continental breakfast was standard (nothing special), but the food was as to be expected. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
"ok"
ok
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
"not what it looks like on hotels. com"
Rooms are old. The ac unit is a window units over mirror in vanity area .microwave didn't work ask to get another one never happened. Lobby smells like bad incense. Tub and sink didn't drain rigjt would fill up while using. If it's a 1night stay just to sleep ok but if more find another place to stay.
2 night business trip Aug 23, 2014
brit
"good choice to save money while passing thru"
This place was a great price and we basically got it for that reason. We needed to be in the area for a few days and it was a safe neighborhood with all the basics (flat screen tv, comfortable bed, good shower pressure). It is definitely just a "continental" breakfast so try a different place if you want eggs/waffles or more of a full breakfast but for the price we paid it was safe and clean and I would recommend it to someone needed a break during a long drive or who has to be in the area for a day or two.
2 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Feeling Right At Home..."
I had the priviledge of vacationing at HoJo Rocky Hill for a total of 6 nights during which time Peter Patel, General Manager ensured that my accomodation was a memorable one. Continental Breakfast was served at 6:30a.m. sharp almost always buffet style (mini) with an array of delectable desserts to sweeten the palate. The opportunity cost of a 5-Star Hotel vs. HoJo Rocky Hill was undoubtedly a no-brainer. If you are ever in town on business and/or pleasure and you are on a budget; then HoJo Rocky Hill is value for money! They certainly have a special way of making you feel right at home....
6 night trip Aug 6, 2014
SHELDON JAMES
"great value"
Very satisfied. Good value for the price and convenient location. Friendly, courteous and efficient person at desk.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2014
Basic hotel good for a base when you are just coming and going. Near plenty of places to go for food and beverages. Conveniently located off the highway.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
TJ
"Good for the price, comfortable stay"
I based my choice of this hotel on previous reviewer ratings. Though the hotel is basic, I wasn't disappointed with my choice in any way. The proprietor is indeed a nice fellow, honest and hard working.
1 night trip Aug 12, 2014
John P
"Great friendly place"
I had a small baby with me and was very comftable with him crawling on their floors, the place was clean ! Friendly staff & owner , free breakfast , pictures need to be updated because the rooms are much newer, did not have a inn feel at all. I would stay here again
3 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Eva
Great place!
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Alan
"Hotel is far from lake compounce"
Very clean. Nice breakfast selection and friendly staff!
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
from NY
Comfortable,clean and quiet. Friendly staff. Good water pressure in shower. Strong wifi signal. The breakfast was more than adequate. Only complaint would be the a/c seemed underpowered and took a while to cool off the room. But that was a minor inconvenience and would not prevent me from staying here again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Lester
"Great value for the price"
This hotel is a very great value for the price. It was clean and comfortable and there are many restaurants in the area. I was a little concerned that I may not get one of the more modern rooms, but I was assured that all had been renovated. I wasn't disappointed when I saw my room. It was very nice! The only negative was that it does not have an interior entrance to the rooms, all rooms had exterior entrances. It is more of a motel than a hotel.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
anonymous
It was really good. Clean, Bed was comfortable. Receivedd a more modern room. Breakfast selection was great. Nice staff.
1 night romance trip Jul 17, 2014
"Clean with comfortable beds"
If you want a clean place with comfortable beds at a reasonable price you will like this hotel. It old and dated but the price is right.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Great place to stay. Right off the highway. Clean, comfortable and excellent staff.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
"Nice place to stay."
Nice place to stay. Clean and big room. You have all you need: AC, TV, Microwave, freezer, coffee machine, iron, hair dryer. I didn't hear any noise from neighbors or passing by cars. Located not far from shopping area. Friendly staff and nice location. Nothing special about breakfast: tea/coffee, yogurts, eggs, cereals, milk, bread. Perfect for quick breakfast before work.
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
Sergey
"hotel manager extremely helpful"
Peter was always chcking with us to ensure our stay was enjoyable.
3 night trip Jun 25, 2014
"Decent hotel - not bad"
No real complaints. Room was average size with microwave & fridge. Not alot of amenities that you would find in the better hotels but ok for a few nights. Breakfast however was skimpy. Convenient to Route 91.
2 night business trip Jun 3, 2014
Ray
"Convenient"
The Hotel was OK, nothing special but the service was great. Extremely friendly staff. For the price, well worth it.
1 night business trip May 28, 2014
FR
"Close to all"
Great location. Close to Middletown and close to airport.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"nice place for a romantic getaway"
Nice place will go again
1 night romance trip May 23, 2014
moondog
"Quiet & Clean"
Always a great stay. Thanks again...
1 night trip May 16, 2014
JWMinCT
"Good budget hotel"
Spartan, but very clean. Hospitable hosts.
1 night trip with friends May 17, 2014
"Clean and comfy stop"
We just couldn't press on to our destination and found ourselves in need of a place to stop for the night. Based on other reviews, we decided to give it a try. While not the prettiest place, we were happy to find the room clean and comfortable. Although we were checking in just after midnight, the night desk clerk was very friendly and thankful of our business. Our queen room had a small fridge and safe which we found to be a nice surprise. Happy with our choice and the value for the shut eye.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Donna T
Basic. Not a bad place. A little seedy though.
1 night business trip May 6, 2014
Nice hotel for a great rate. Will stay here again.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Great Deal!"
I stayed here recently on business, and was very pleased! It was clean, comfortable, quiet and in a great location, right off of I-91 near Hartford. If you're expecting the Ritz, you'll be disappointed, but that being said, it deserves more than the two stars it has received, and for the price it represents a tremendous value. I would recommend this hotel, and if my travels take me through Hartford, I will stay here again!
1 night business trip Apr 10, 2014
"Fair room for a fair price"
Location very convenient. Staff very pleasant. No "bells and whistles", but a nice price for what we needed. The breakfast (cereal/yogurt) bar was a nice touch.
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Great Location, Fine Establishment"
A good 1 night stay with a "classic" hotel in a convenient location. The operators look to be the owners and you can tell they care a great deal about their establishment.
1 night trip Mar 15, 2014
JWMinCT
"Good service and comfort for an affordable price."
Stayed two weeks in the hotel. The management is very friendly, Peter is welcoming and helpful. My home away from home, couldn't have asked for a better setup. The microwave and the refrigerator were very nice features as well, as I've used both extensively. Will definitely stay there again.
4 night trip Mar 9, 2014
"Convenient, Affordable, Friendly"
The staff at this hotel was very pleasant. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is terrific with quick access to the highway. Appropriate for a business trip.
4 night business trip Mar 10, 2014
Leon
"hotel review"
Close to surgery center, easy for transportation. beautiful scenery, birds flocking to the lawn.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
boz
"Outdated; Staff nice"
2 night trip Feb 7, 2014
"Work Trip Feb 2014"
Location is close to downtown. Plenty of places to eat in the neighborhood.
4 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
Lori
Nice clean room. Extremely good price.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
"Clean, good location"
Clean room, comfy bed, great location near highway and some good restaurants. Friendly ppl.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2014
Rich
For the price and a one night stay, this place should work for the majority of travelers.
1 night business trip Jan 22, 2014
Greg
Nice for the price
1 night business trip Jan 9, 2014
I took a low price and for what I paid was good enough.
10 night family trip Dec 27, 2013
Wonderful helpful proprietors!
2 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"Nice but very old"
Cff
Other trip Dec 11, 2013
"Fairness"
You have to be fair and have some realistic expectations on what to expect. This is a motel type of overnighter. Nice guy at reception and very knowledgable at somewhat late check-in. Room was clean and well furnished. Fairly new furniture it looked like. Bed was great. Standard continental breakfast. Several restaurants and grocery stores around the hotel.
1 night trip Nov 28, 2013