All hotels in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Clean
    Great room
    Bad pool
"comfort and location"
Good location and friendly staff with extreme comfort..makes this hotel highly recommendable
2 night business trip Dec 21, 2015
Mukesh
"Delightful"
We stayed here for two nights in an Executive King Room and it was delightful. The block-out blinds worked so well we slept in soundly. Given the hustle and bustle location, it was surprisingly quiet in the room. Our room was spacious, bed was comfortable, and the rainforest shower was amazing! We never ate at the hotel as there were heaps of choices within walking distance. Staffs were friendly. Would stay again!
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2015
Julia
"Great hotel, great location"
Needed a hotel in central Sydney close to shops and darling harbour and this was perfectly located. Beautiful rooms and the bed was extremely comfortable
Other trip Dec 22, 2015
Cheryl
It was great- very comfortable bed
1 night romance trip Dec 18, 2015
Perfect location as very close to all attractions. Easy walking distance to shops and great restaurant's.
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
"A stay with friends"
Had a late check in but that was all fine as we were busy in the afternoon. Great location. Were able to walk to dinner. Had an appointment in the morning so didn't have breakfast but the room was comfortable and had a great blind that blocked out all the light.
Other trip Dec 20, 2015
Sally
"Great location!"
A friend and I stayed here recently on our annual shopping holiday and found Rydges to be in a great location, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff were exceptionally accomodating allowing us early check in and we felt the floor we stayed at had been recently renovated. All in all it was a great experience! The only thing I will say was the room was a little dark with no natural light, apart from that- excellent!
Other trip Dec 15, 2015
"Comfortable, touch of luxury, but a bit pricey"
I stayed for one night during a short business trip. The hotel staff were very friendly and ensured the renovations on the ground floor did not impact guests. The room is reasonably spacious with quality bedding, furniture and fixtures. Unfortunately the comfort provided does not match the exorbitant price I paid for a one-night stay. I booked 5 days before my stay and I understand this is considered short notice, but a few extra perks could have gone a long way in enticing me to stay again in the near future.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2015
Muhammad
"Almost adequate"
Booked for two nights. Price was very competitive given that it was a weekend. However, room was immediately adjacent to an area that was being refurbished. Every time we exited or entered the room we could smell paint and see drop sheets and tools etc etc. Not the glamorous romantic setting that I had been hoping to share with my partner. There was no mention of the condition in the online description and no warning when I checked in which I believe reflects poorly on the business ethics of the hotel.
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
Room service slow. Other than that ok stay. Centrally located
Other trip Dec 14, 2015
Ben
"False alarms"
This is a well located hotel that I stayed at before. Unfortunately my stay this time was interrupted by false fire alarms at 11.00 pm and 4.00 am. On checkout the person behind the desk was somewhat insensitive on the matter. I would have thought all staff would be aware of the issue and apologised upfront.
1 night business trip Dec 10, 2015
Henry
"Many flight crews stay here."
Room was ready despite early check in. Room had faint smell of vomit but house keeping dealt with promptly. There are plenty of food outlets nearby including major super market underneath.
2 night trip with friends Dec 6, 2015
Not gonna be the last time that I will stay at Rydges.
Other trip Dec 6, 2015
Ron
"Great experience!"
Super friendly staff who gave us an upgrade for our stay. Room was really neat and clean. Definitely come here again
Other trip Nov 26, 2015
Tanya
"Crooked name-tag"
At initial check-in I was dealt with by Eliza. This girl was trying hard however she wanted to be elsewhere. The other reception staff also appeared to be overworked on this particular day. Eliza's name tag was hanging sideways (may have gotten her name wrong) . I tried to cheer up Eliza and delightfully said good morning to which she acknowledged in return with a half-hearted "good morning" reply. Otherwise the check-in was pretty much OK. Our room on the 12th floor was undergoing renovations in the gymnasium, with a strong odour of paint permeating throughout. The room was immaculate in presentation, well done housekeeping. The concierge service was also first rate. Overall an enjoyable stay, let down by a couple of things.
Other trip Nov 25, 2015
Jimmy
"Location and comfort"
Extremely comfortable room, friendly and helpful staff, good valet service. Great central location. Amazing sound proofing on the rooms, couldn't hear noise from the street at all.
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
Jen
"nice stay"
Excellent shower , dirty carpet in my room 1850 , otherwise good hotel
Other trip Nov 22, 2015
Maria
Easy booking, check-in & check-out. Overall great stay.
Other trip Nov 19, 2015
"Great service and excellent location"
Great location, nice room but a little small. Fantastic service, they sent only medication which I left behind, with no charge. Brilliant customer service.
2 night romance trip Nov 8, 2015
"OK - just!"
TV did not work and was not fixed. Shower leaked. There was no form to fill out for the mini bar. Parking charged was waived in compensation. starting to look a bit tired and dated.
Other trip Nov 13, 2015
"Highly Recommend"
The motel is close to everything - right next door to world square, capital theatre and a short walk to at least 3 stations. This makes it east to get to and a perfect place to stay. The service was excellent and the room itself was exactly what I had hope for. All of the amenities were clean and working perfectly and the staff were always helpful and polite. I would highly recommend this place - I will def be back soon.
Other trip Nov 10, 2015
"A wonderful catch up with dear friends"
Really enjoyed the hotel. Will definitely stay agaib
1 night trip with friends Nov 7, 2015
"Great hotel close to everything"
PROXIMITY TO EVERYTHING. comfortable beds beautiful room and bathroom
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
Full weekend goign to shows, shopping and Bondi for Scuptures by the Sea. Great place to be based and nice room
"Recommend Rydges"
We valet parked the car went off for the day and all was ready when we returned, excellent room and friendly staff.
Other trip Nov 9, 2015
The bed was very uncomfortable
1 night romance trip Oct 31, 2015
Samantha Lee
Extremely considerate, helpful and friendly staff. Flexible check in has check out times. Convenient location in the cbd. Luggage storage facility very handy. Thanks for a great weekend!
Other trip Nov 2, 2015
Jessie
"Beautiful accommodation"
Modern, very clean and walking distance to everything. Train station 2 mins walk, various restaurants, and shopping centre with supermarket underneath. Couldn't want for anything else..
Other trip Oct 29, 2015
RJ
"Excellent Hotel Close to many activities"
I was surprised this was a great hotel. Rooms were clean, modern and quite roomy. The staff were friendly and it is in an easy walk of many parts of Sydney including Central station (8 minutes) Pitt St Mall (7 minutes) and Chinatown (6 minutes) The staff were very friendly and I could not fault the hotel unless it was the parking. $60 a day is far too much
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
Terry
"Comfortable and clean"
Stayed for 1 night. Room was spacious for a couple and 1 child aged 10. Breakfast included which was great. World Square is close to good shopping and Chinatown. Transport is easily accessible.
1 night family trip Oct 23, 2015
"Construction site"
Before you book make sure you ring and see if there will be a jackhammer and drilling starting in the rooms close to yours a 7am sharp. If so save your money and book another hotel or the backpackers Note a happy client
"Lovely staff"
We arrived late and they couldn't find us in their computer as a booking, I was worried we were about to sleep in the street. We had booked a mystery deal on whotif so I was concerned. Turned out whotif booking hadn't made it to Rydges computer and they had to manually imput the booking. Not a problem. They got us a room but it had two single beds instead of a queen so they went back and found us a King room. Wonderful. Not only did we get a cheap room but we got a king bed. They also gave us a voucher for two free drinks at the bar. The room was excellent.
Tracey
"Just not the same"
Avoid room 1220+. The hallways on lvl 12 smell very unpleasant. The bed vibrates (over the train line?) and a rumble heard through the pillow at least every half hour made it hard to sleep. At checkout staff distracted by chatting with concierge. Then did not ask whether the stay was ok. Previous visit was great, this time very disappointing. Topped off by downstairs concierge not being aware that buses no longer run on that section of George St.
Anastasia
"perfectly situated in the middle of sydney"
great friendly staff & a great atmosphere,the king size bed was very comfortable, nice bar with reasonably priced drinks, buffet breakfast was excellent only fault was breakfast was a little pricey.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Simon
"Good location, but my room was in need of some TLC"
The hotel was located in a great area, easy walk to Sydney CBD and plenty of eating options. I purchased the room as a secret deal, so it was undeniably a great deal. However I was stuck down on a floor in desperate need of a renovation. Floor 12, which confusingly is actually the first floor of rooms is old. Faded pictures adorn the walls (dated 1998 - clearly the last reno's took place) of the hallways, worn and dirty carpets, scuffed walls and floors, and a stale old hotel a/c smell. Internal room overlooking an rockery area, which was quiet. On my way in one night, I took the lift to a higher floor, and it does appear as though some renovations have taken place at some stage (or at the moment?) and it was clear the rooms were of a much higher standard. Upon review of their website however, all rooms are either classified as Deluxe or Executive which I can tell you floor 12 was not. They must be keeping this floor for the secret deals. I would recommend this hotel to a friend provided they managed to get a room on a more modern floor.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Great location for CBD business"
I was in Sydney on business and this hotel suited my location requirements.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Staff were friendly and very helpful."
A great place for a short weekend away.Staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
A good stay for a short getaway, staff were very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Quite and easy access to everything in the city"
I found the staff helpful and pleasant. The room was clean, bed comfortable just what I needed for my stay overnight in the City
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Great stay walking distance to everything in the city
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
"Rubbish"
$60 a night just to park the car- no disclosure of this prior or on the hotel website- room wasn't serviced even though sign was put out to do so also our room was near a sevice area that continually made noise all night told reception but they didn't do anything as we didn't "complain AGAIN " !!! What great service
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"City break"
Nice hotel, centrally located. Well equipped, modern dacor. Nothing more than a 4 star for me. Fell straight into the parking trap, reasonable room rate but with $60 to park and $40 to eat breakfast became an expensive night. I'd rather pay all up and know what I'm letting myself in for ... no surprises, no hidden extras.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Rob
"good hotel, central to everything"
friendly staff, good service and helpful. In room dining was excellent, as was the breakfast buffet. Clean, tidy and quiet. centrally located and an easy walk to everything we needed. Would happily stay again.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Lou
"Top Sydney CBD locale"
Great location, great service, great room!
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Eve
"Hotel room is ok, but service a lot to be decided"
Hotel location is great,room is fine, but there is nowhere to put things away, as there is no drawers whatsoever. It is not a hotel you can stay for more than 1 night. The room safe is located on the top self inside the wardrobe, it won't be any good if you are short. If you don't use the safe, the safe door remains open and make rolling the sliding door of the wardrobe very difficult. It is really a nuisance. The room maids either want to clean the room while you still in bed or just don't border because the time don't suit them. On the day when we leave, the concierge said he insisted on getting a cab for instead of using the ones that were queuing in front of the hotel, and just wanted us to wait for more than 20 minutes for a cab he said he had called for us. This made us also missed our flight. I think the management should have a good look the way they run the hotel. I don't think they deserve the star rating they got.
3 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Great hotel... so handy to everything in town. Rea"
We were in Sydney for a conference in the stadium so the Rydges was close, large rooms afford comfort and very comfy beds allowed us to wake fresh every day.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Jasmine
"Great location for Sydney visit"
Was great room big, and comfortable. Staff friendly and great location close to most places and train station. Only issue is that Concierge staff who greeted me could not speak English so he could not write name down for bag delivery was quicker just to take myself!
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Deane
NZ
Took extra money out of my account by mistake and still haven't put it back in - Gave me the wrong room of what I had ordered and paid for.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Very central location, easy walking distance to al"
Very clean and modern hotel, room service carried out promptly unlike other hotels nearby. Quick check in, efficient staff and a lovely bar in which to relax. Highly recommended
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Ian
"great location"
Great in almost every way. A couple of exceptions are:- a used towel complete with makeup & a smell , supposedly clean, in the bathroom, service in "Ciders" restaurant in the evening was soured by two of the ladies, the newest trainee was sour, rude & unhelpful & the blond could curdle milk. Thank goodness for the other lovely dark haired lady & the young man working in Ciders.The pork ribs are a rip off, 6 on a board with limp rocket & nothing else. The steak was super. Still, overall a great place not to be spoilt by the above factors.
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015