All hotels in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Rather comfortable
    Great room
    Bad pool

"Just not the same"
Avoid room 1220+. The hallways on lvl 12 smell very unpleasant. The bed vibrates (over the train line?) and a rumble heard through the pillow at least every half hour made it hard to sleep. At checkout staff distracted by chatting with concierge. Then did not ask whether the stay was ok. Previous visit was great, this time very disappointing. Topped off by downstairs concierge not being aware that buses no longer run on that section of George St.
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Anastasia
"perfectly situated in the middle of sydney"
great friendly staff & a great atmosphere,the king size bed was very comfortable, nice bar with reasonably priced drinks, buffet breakfast was excellent only fault was breakfast was a little pricey.
Other trip Oct 22, 2015
Simon
"Good location, but my room was in need of some TLC"
The hotel was located in a great area, easy walk to Sydney CBD and plenty of eating options. I purchased the room as a secret deal, so it was undeniably a great deal. However I was stuck down on a floor in desperate need of a renovation. Floor 12, which confusingly is actually the first floor of rooms is old. Faded pictures adorn the walls (dated 1998 - clearly the last reno's took place) of the hallways, worn and dirty carpets, scuffed walls and floors, and a stale old hotel a/c smell. Internal room overlooking an rockery area, which was quiet. On my way in one night, I took the lift to a higher floor, and it does appear as though some renovations have taken place at some stage (or at the moment?) and it was clear the rooms were of a much higher standard. Upon review of their website however, all rooms are either classified as Deluxe or Executive which I can tell you floor 12 was not. They must be keeping this floor for the secret deals. I would recommend this hotel to a friend provided they managed to get a room on a more modern floor.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Great location for CBD business"
I was in Sydney on business and this hotel suited my location requirements.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Staff were friendly and very helpful."
A great place for a short weekend away.Staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
A good stay for a short getaway, staff were very friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Oct 17, 2015
"Quite and easy access to everything in the city"
I found the staff helpful and pleasant. The room was clean, bed comfortable just what I needed for my stay overnight in the City
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
Great stay walking distance to everything in the city
Other trip Oct 17, 2015
"Rubbish"
$60 a night just to park the car- no disclosure of this prior or on the hotel website- room wasn't serviced even though sign was put out to do so also our room was near a sevice area that continually made noise all night told reception but they didn't do anything as we didn't "complain AGAIN " !!! What great service
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"City break"
Nice hotel, centrally located. Well equipped, modern dacor. Nothing more than a 4 star for me. Fell straight into the parking trap, reasonable room rate but with $60 to park and $40 to eat breakfast became an expensive night. I'd rather pay all up and know what I'm letting myself in for ... no surprises, no hidden extras.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Rob
"good hotel, central to everything"
friendly staff, good service and helpful. In room dining was excellent, as was the breakfast buffet. Clean, tidy and quiet. centrally located and an easy walk to everything we needed. Would happily stay again.
Other trip Oct 2, 2015
Lou
"Top Sydney CBD locale"
Great location, great service, great room!
1 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Eve
"Hotel room is ok, but service a lot to be decided"
Hotel location is great,room is fine, but there is nowhere to put things away, as there is no drawers whatsoever. It is not a hotel you can stay for more than 1 night. The room safe is located on the top self inside the wardrobe, it won't be any good if you are short. If you don't use the safe, the safe door remains open and make rolling the sliding door of the wardrobe very difficult. It is really a nuisance. The room maids either want to clean the room while you still in bed or just don't border because the time don't suit them. On the day when we leave, the concierge said he insisted on getting a cab for instead of using the ones that were queuing in front of the hotel, and just wanted us to wait for more than 20 minutes for a cab he said he had called for us. This made us also missed our flight. I think the management should have a good look the way they run the hotel. I don't think they deserve the star rating they got.
3 night family trip Sep 18, 2015
"Great hotel... so handy to everything in town. Rea"
We were in Sydney for a conference in the stadium so the Rydges was close, large rooms afford comfort and very comfy beds allowed us to wake fresh every day.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
Jasmine
"Great location for Sydney visit"
Was great room big, and comfortable. Staff friendly and great location close to most places and train station. Only issue is that Concierge staff who greeted me could not speak English so he could not write name down for bag delivery was quicker just to take myself!
2 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
Deane
NZ
Took extra money out of my account by mistake and still haven't put it back in - Gave me the wrong room of what I had ordered and paid for.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Very central location, easy walking distance to al"
Very clean and modern hotel, room service carried out promptly unlike other hotels nearby. Quick check in, efficient staff and a lovely bar in which to relax. Highly recommended
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
Ian
"great location"
Great in almost every way. A couple of exceptions are:- a used towel complete with makeup & a smell , supposedly clean, in the bathroom, service in "Ciders" restaurant in the evening was soured by two of the ladies, the newest trainee was sour, rude & unhelpful & the blond could curdle milk. Thank goodness for the other lovely dark haired lady & the young man working in Ciders.The pork ribs are a rip off, 6 on a board with limp rocket & nothing else. The steak was super. Still, overall a great place not to be spoilt by the above factors.
1 night family trip Sep 10, 2015
Deanna
"Close to the city, beware the hidden costs"
The hotel was nice, nice clean and well presented. The staff were friendly, courteous and happy to do anything for you. I was disappointed after booking a room with a window to discover that it looked out onto next doors building and was clearly only there for fresh air. This was not portrayed on the website. Another hidden cost that was not made clear on the website was the fact that you have to pay daily parking on top of the room fee. This is certainly an area that needs to be made clear to the customer when booking the room.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
Josh
"Thanks"
Pleasant stay thank you
3 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Highly recommended"
just an overnight stay after flying in from overseas. Smooth check in and check out. Comfortable and clean bed and room. Would highly recommend rydges world square
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
Bettina
"3 nights in Sydney"
Managed to check in early, which I appreciated, however the room assigned was newly renovated and had that "new paint smell". I had to change rooms after 20mins as it started to give me a headache - the staff were friendly and accommodating and came by to transfer me to the new room within 5mins. Great location and easy to get around the city from here. Rooms are spacious and clean.
3 night trip Aug 27, 2015
Sufen
SG
Very satisfactory, both the location and overall condition of the hotel
7 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
KIEW TENG
Supposed to be a discount room, told on arrival that room is not available until 8.30pm, but room description said 2pm. The counter girl said it is 8.30 in fine print. Thats poor. Then given the wrong room and door key, came back down the lift to be given the wrong key again. Crap service. Poor air circulation in room, can't let in fresh air. next morning, gave note to car storage person. He couldn't find the car, stood waiting 30 mins for the car to be brought to the door. Never go there again
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"Ridges"
Decent place to stay, just a little on the expensive side.
1 night romance trip Sep 1, 2015
"Good location amazing bed"
I booked a special that did not let you check in till 8.30pm so make sure you read the fine print before booking this hotel. Bed is amazing!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
kaz
"Meh!"
Great location. The hotel were more interested in the convention they were running that weekend than the guests they had. Our trip was compromised on a regular basis with very little attempt to make things better. No pool due to renovation, which was annoying as we purposely booked a hotel that had a pool. However that fact that breakfast and other facilities were altered and we were prevented from going into the bar made this very disappointing. We were not notified of the conference or any changes until a last minute letter was posted under our door. Again minimal interaction and explanation. This is the first bad review I've ever given a hotel but for the money you expect more.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Timmy
"great city get away"
couldn't fault this hotel. very friendly staff, upgraded us, gave us complementary drinks. close to pretty much everything in the city..very comfortable king size bed and very clean room. Just thought parking was a bit steep at $60
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
Jenny
"Pleasant last minute stay"
Decided to book a last minute mystery deal for a Saturday night in the city and was extremely pleased we decided to do so. The hotel facilities were very good, clean and staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Bella
"Convenient & Friendly"
Staff were very helpful and the Hotel was central for our needs.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
Stephen
Very clean spacious room. 10 min walk to Darling Harbour. Would stay there again
Other trip Aug 17, 2015
TG Qld
"Convenient city location"
Hotel was located towards the southern end of the City, convenient to the cinema area and Chinatown in George Street. Staff were efficient and friendly, with check-in/check-out taking very little time. Only issue we had was that we intended to drive into the city, but it would have cost us a minimum of $50 to park anywhere overnight, adding o to the cost of the booking. This was not pointed out and had I not rung the hotel before setting out we could have been up for a significant additional cost.We ended up parking at Lilyfield and getting the light rail into town, which dropped us only a block from the hotel.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Location is excellent. Very convenient for public transportation and shopping. The room is good and clean. Definitely will come back when next visit Sydney.
2 night romance trip Jul 28, 2015
YUEN FONG
"Nice room"
Took 3 attempts to have valet understand I wanted car valet parked. Check in staff made it a big deal over letting us check in 10 minutes early. Need more customer relation training.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Great service, excellent room."
Overall very happy with the service and the accommodation, but we must have been under the air conditioning or exhaust vent because we were on the top floor. The constant hum meant that sleeping was a problem.
Other trip Aug 10, 2015
weekend stayer
"No Issues Other Than TV"
Standard room no issues other than TV. Big wide-screen with 1024x768 resolution? Seriously? So pixellated it's unwatchable. Unacceptable for the price.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Josh
"comfy bed, hot shower....clean and quiet"
ticked all the boxes...hot shower, comfy bed, quiet
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Enviro-friendly hotel in the thick of it"
Really value a hotel that walks the talk when it comes to environmentally friendly service. These guys knock it out of the park with low-tox complimentary products (Sanctum) and a commitment to reduced washing: there's a 10% incentive for each day your room is not serviced. Rydges have great beds and pillows, so had a lovely night's sleep. Great location close to CBD and restaurants, plus Museum/ Central train station.
Other trip Aug 5, 2015
Emily
"RYDGES WORLD SQUARE - HIGH MARKS"
Stayed at the Rydges because of the excellent location and the the high standard of service. Will definitely stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Jul 29, 2015
Lydia
"Very well situated for work and leisure"
They were very accomodating (as was last minute - thanks you!) to a late cancellation. Almost went wrong but the hotel recovered and upgraded my room.
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Michele
"Bad experience..."
Lost my visa card down the back of the check in desk. Stains all over the doona on the bed. Never again...................
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Doug
"Incredibly disappointing. More like 3 star motel"
I was initially excited when I found out I would be staying at the Rydges when I booked my secret hotel, but I have a feeling now they put me in the worst room possible because of my discount. The room size was no where near as big as other 4 star hotels I have stayed at, the bathroom was tiny, with the smallest shower and the bathroom rug (more like a towel) had a large, disgusting brown stain on the underside that we discovered when we accidentally turned it over. The room came with no bath robes or slippers, which was unfortunate as the carpet had some sticky spots, and there were no toothbrushes at the ready. The television wasn't terrible, it had the blurry, fuzzy lines throughout it. After all this, we thought we could at least get a good nights rest, but the entire right side of the bed sunk in and was terribly hard and uncomfortable. The past two secret hotels I've booked have been terrible. Will no longer be booking this way again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Unhappy Guest
"Great location for price."
Close enough to walk the city & shopping. 10 min train to Circular Quay. 30 min ferry ride to Manly Beach recommended. Nice refurbished room. Was close to the lift doors but we rarely heard any noise.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Andy
Enjoyed the stay and we were accommodated earlier than the 8:30 pm that was on our booking. Great location and efficient staff
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Right in the city."
Within walking distance or short taxi ride to Darling Harbour, China town, paddies market and Queen Victorias shopping center. Extremely friendly staff. Nice room.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
E
"Close to QVB, David Jones and restaurants."
We were given a late checkout time of 1pm and that meant we could enjoy some sightseeing before catching a taxi to the Airport. The breakfast was nice.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Easy and efficient check in procedure and a well presented room
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
"Convenient."
The hotel is situated convenient and also very friendly and clean - All the staff were good including the concierge.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
james
Excellent service. Happy with the room. Found the breakfast a tad expensive and the food was cold but otherwise happy to go back next time
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
J
"Just awful"
Pathetic. Management are rude and not at all helpful.
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015