All hotels in Newport News, Virginia, United States of America
16890a Warwick Blvd, Newport News, VA, 23603, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Very nice."
Very nice hotel and the staff was very helpful.
2 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Teresa
"Nice and comfy"
The hotel was ok, nothing fancy but we slept ok, had to buy a fan to help with the air conditioning, also had to tape the curtains closed
4 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
"Outstanding Value"
Everything worked, the room was comfortable. There is no elevator and stairs to 2nd floor are a little steep but, no big problem unless you are handicapped. This place gets booked fast because it's the best deal around. So, if you need 1st floor book early and be sure to let them know well in advance. The halls are clearly dated and the stair railing dirty. Breakfast includes hot items and is good. If ever in the area I would stay here again.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
Joy
"Nice and Friendly"
Was a great place to stay. Will definitely book there again!
1 night trip Jun 14, 2015
Jesica
"Not too bad for the price"
We had a pleasant stay. The staff was friendly. The hotel is a little hard to get to because its on a one way street. Also, its also next door to a Gentleman's Club. That didn't really bother me but something anyone traveling with family might want to be aware of. The only real problem we had was the room was extremely humid. Our beds and suitcases were actually damp after the first day there. We left the door and window open for a few hours and it seemed to help dry it out. Other than that, it was a great place for the price and we will probably stay there again if we are in the area. If you're going to Busch Gardens its great. Only 5 minuets away and a straight path there.
3 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
Courtney
"LOVED IT"
We checked in late on 6/13, the staff was FANTASTIC! After a stressful day at Busch Gardens we were tired and hungry, she gave us great information for a pizza delivery. Staff was fabulous and friendly, We slept great and the kids even slept in the next morning. We will definitely be back!
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
Katie
"Great time June 2015"
It was a very hot day so we got to hotel early Renee was very nice and let us check in early. If we needed anything their was someone right their to help us. When we went to breakfast it was very nice. My grandson realy enjoy the breakfast and the pool. I hope to go back real soon.
2 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Freida
"Excellent Service, Price is Right & 95% Clean"
Our Stay was 6/12/15. The service at the front desk during the night was extremely professional and welcoming. She answered all of our questions and assisted us with a special health problem with one of our group. We were very grateful for the kindness and care she took. The room was 95% clean except for a stain on the chair and a mild stale air odor. Beds were comfortable and clean. Towels were a little abrasive, but the shower was divine. We perceived the location to be in a borderline neighborhood, but the price was right in a big way for a one night stay.
1 night trip with friends Jun 12, 2015
Shauna
"Great place to stay. Definitely would return."
Great place to stay. Not too far away from Colonial Williamsburg. Hotel has features where you can stay for a week easily. Very good breakfast. Washer and dryer room. Swimming pool. Decent sized room. This is a great little bargain place where, if you're looking to take the family on a vacation without spending an arm and leg on a hotel room or without using timeshare, this is the place. I definitely would go back.
1 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
Carmon
"Not bad but not real nice either."
I chose to stay at the Mulberry Inn because it was close to Ft. Eustis and we would be spending time with someone there. It was very convenient to get to Ft. Eustis. I have never been in the area so that was my primary concern when booking but now having been in the area I know that traffic isn't bad so staying somewhere else would be okay. I would stick to a better known hotel name, many small hotels in the area that looked like upkeep might not be a primary concern. We were in building B which smelled musty and like cigarettes, building A seemed to be kept cleaner and nicer. I didn't ask to be moved once we got there because we were so tired - I regretted not asking but knew we weren't staying long.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Cheryl A
"Clean and well priced!"
I chose the Mulberry Inn based on reviews, and I was not disappointed. For me the location was perfect as I was exploring apartments around W&M and then spent a day at Virginia Beach. They offered the best price for the best quality hotel. Their breakfast includes some hot items, which is more than most low-cost hotels' "continental" breakfasts. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet, and the staff was friendly. Very good value if you are looking to save money and still want a nice clean place to stay!
3 night romance trip May 29, 2015
"Don't stay anywhere else!"
This place was amazing. Perfect in every way. I am definitely going to stay here again.
1 night family trip May 29, 2015
"Great three day stay."
We had a three day stay. The mattresses were great! Overall very nice stay the only negative item would be the coffee maker had old grounds from prior use still in it. I would stay again with out hesitation.
3 night family trip May 19, 2015
Timothy
We stayed here overnight before going to Bush Gardens. The hotel was very clean, the staff was nice, and the breakfast was wonderful. We are looking forward to staying here again sometime this summer.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Rude staff"
Unable to check-in. Front desk Wouldn't let us check-in because we are under 21. We're traveling for work AND there is no stated age requirement on the reservation page. This is ridiculous! If that wasn't bad enough, the person at the front desk was rude and dismissive. Can't wait to share my experience with my colleagues on social media.
2 night business trip May 18, 2015
ryan
"Better than expected."
Spent two nights while in town for a college graduation. Extended family had a total of 5 rooms. Although it was 25 minutes from the commencement site, we were very happy with the hotel and would stay there again.
3 night family trip May 8, 2015
"Mulberry inn"
Enjoyed 3 day stay with wife and family. Wish I could've stayed longer. Easy access to i-64 and Fort Eustis army base. Friendly service, good breakfast, clean rooms.
3 night family trip May 8, 2015
Brandon
"A Big Thank you"
It was a wonderful time I thank all the people that helped me with reservations and at the hotel everything was great thank you everyone and thank you to the girl that helped us when we checked in she was great I think her name was Mary or Marie everyone was nice and friendly and very helpful thanks again Kathy
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Thank you for your 5 star review! I appreciate you taking the time to recognize our property and staff. We hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
Kathleen
Very happy we decided to stay at The Mulberry Inn and Plaza. There is nothing bad to say about it. Would stay there again.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Thank you for giving us a 5 star review, we value all our guests opinions and thank you for choosing us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Newport News VA!
2 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Connie
"Friendly staff and close for the Army base."
Great hotel. Stayed a few times. Close to Army base. Clean, friendly staff, and great breakfast!! Also a great price..
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Kimberly
"Very comfortable stay."
Very comfortable stay. Enjoyed breakfast, and billiards time. Will definitely return and tell friends/family. Thank you for your hospitality.
2 night family trip Feb 27, 2015
Room was in great condition, clean and wellsintained. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was fresh and tasty. Did not use workout rooms but equipment apeared to be in excellent condition.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
"Business stay"
Pleasant and accommodating staff. I would stay there again.
7 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
Howard
"easy access to stores and close to ft eustis"
the staff were always helpful and very polite, they made are stay here for our nephews graduation from ft Eustis, very enjoyable and relaxing ,We were delighted with having a hot breakfast and they had the best orange juice. I would highly recommend staying at the mulberry inn.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Thank you very much for the great review. We strive to keep our guests happy and coming back. Safe Travels.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
annie
Last minute booking to take our son for collage visit. The price was right so decided to go the night before instead of driving at 4am. I was VERY pleased with the cleanliness of the room and the lovely person at the desk, so very helpful found and printed out for me the directions to the school. Then the next lovely person at check out was just as sweet, giving us directions to another place we wanted to visit. I will be returning to this hotel.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Thank you for the great review and so pleased that you had a wonderful stay. We love to please our guests. We will see you on the next trip to Newport News!!
1 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Elaine
"Mulberry Inn and Plaza Rocks"
Mulberry is great at everything. Probably the best deal $ for service I have ever had in the Hotel world. They even offered to let us check out late because we got there so late at night. Breakfast was great, service great, room great. Don't change a thing except offer fruit (apples, banana, oranges)at breakfast. Other than that perfect and when I am in Newport news I will be staying at Mulberry.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
We do Rock ... :) I am so glad you think so too. I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. We love to please our guests on every aspect. We look forward to your to Newport News VA!!
1 night family trip Jan 20, 2015
everyone was extremely nice and the breakfast was amazing
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we appreciate the great review.
2 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
"Outstanding for the price"
Customer service was outstanding. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Rooms were much nicer than we expected for the price. Location was perfect for us.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Thank you for taking the time to review our property we are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our Guest service is help very high and as the manager I am glad to see all our efforts reflected from our valued guests. Thanks again.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2014
WJ
"New Year's Eve"
It was just a quick overnight for New Year's Eve and it definitely exceeded expectations! The room was very comfortable and everything was very clean. We will certainly stay there again.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
So glad we could ring in the New Year with you!! I look forward to seeing you more often in years to come!
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Our recent stay at the Mulberry Inn"
Our latest visit to the Mulberry Inn was wonderful. Just as accommadating as our stay there 3 years ago. Everything was the same. We were counting on it being just as nice as it was previously and it was.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Glad to see your stay was just as good as it was 3 years ago! We love all our returning guests. Thank you for choosing The Mulberry Inn and Plaza.
6 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
Bernice
"Rude Management"
Stayed at this hotel several weeks in a room for business travel. Managers had very bad attitude because I had booked room thru hotels.com & were down right rude about it---saying the situation would be different had I booked directly thru them. I had seen other people's reviews describing this same experience. Well I found out for myself. I also paid for late checkout,which was supposed to be additional half day rate. They charged me about $15 more than half of what they quote for a nightly rate--this was confirmed by friends calling the hotel directly for a rate quote. Also had difficulty getting receipt for amt paid for extra half day. Not planning on staying there again. If they don't want Hotels.com business-- why do they solicit on Hotels.com???
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
I have to mention that I find this comment to be incorrect. I personally know what we did for this guest and personally quoted the half day rate. I apologize that you feel we were rude to you, that is never what we want any of our guests to feel that. Please understand that us hoteliers have specific guidelines when it comes to the reservations booked thru our 3rd party hotel partners such as hotels.com. I know all of the issues mentioned in the above comment we handled before the guest left the property. We value our guests as well as our hotel partners so please understand that when booking thru a 3rd party the hotel becomes limited on what we can do to the reservation as far as changing rate, room type, or even printing a receipt with rates on them. We worked around the policies for this guest to give her a receipt for her half day stay. I believe this was a mis-understanding due to policies being upheld.
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
"Good hotel for this price"
Overall we are satisfied with our hotel. The breakfast was very delicious, but there is not enough isolations between rooms: we heared everything what was happening in neighboring rooms and corridor. That made our stay with 1-year old baby not very comfortable. Also the room smelled wet and humid.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Solomiya
Very average. Friendly staff. For the room rate it was worth staying, very economical.
Other trip Dec 18, 2014
"Don't let the neighborhood fool you-- Great hotel."
I loved this hotel. As I was driving up after dark I was a little bit afraid. But as soon as I walked into the lobby and saw the professionalism of the staff, I was relieved. The room was wonderfully clean, the bed was great. The bathroom was immaculate. The TV was old but it got more channels than the Marriott I stayed in last month. I will stay here again.
Response by The Mulberry Inn and Plaza at Fort Eustis
Thank you so much for choosing to give the Mulberry Inn a chance, we love it when our guests are pleasantly surprised upon entering our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2014
"Good hotel, good price, poor hotel cleaning staff"
The cleaning people didn't change the towels, and there was one small bar of soap - for the entire 3 night stay. Should be 2 bars, one for the sink and one for the tub, and they should be fresh every day. This hotel is in a more run-down area, and some of the clients staying there were loud, rough and rowdy even at 2 a.m. The size of the room was great. The breakfast was fine. The exercise rooms were fine as well. There was a problem with our door lock, and maintenance fixed it right away. I would say the service was good, and the front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful.
3 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
Sandra
"Giving hotel guest wrong information"
At the time when I check in I was informed that breakfast was from 6:30am to 9:30 am. Next day when we got to the breakfast area around 8:45 am we had to rush because the person in charge of the breakfast area was removing and locking up (juices, yogurt, bread etc.) everything. Come to find out the hours for breakfast had been change. I guess someone did not received the memo. Very wrong especially for people like us who were traveling with 2 children with diabetes type 1. Other than that the hotel is not fancy, need some upgrades but for the most part will work if you are just passing a day or two, no more.
1 night family trip Nov 27, 2014
Jacqueline
"good motel"
We went to spend Thanksgiving with our grandson who is at Ft Eustis Va. Mulberry Inn was right outside the main gate which worked great for us. Needed a few tips about how to get around town. we are going back Dec 10 for his graduation and have already booked this motel
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Herman
"great place"
great place to stay and breakfast was very good.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Kenneth D
"Thumbs up"
GREAT service and the hotel was comfortable and very welcoming.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Miguel
"Nice Stay"
Everything was very nice. Good location.
3 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
room was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
"Easy access and Quite"
Check in and out was smooth and staff was pleasant. The room was nice, I do wish the mattress was a little softer
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
"Military Graduation Stay"
This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was great. Id stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 28, 2014
They bought the Holiday Inn Express next door and renovated the first two floors. They are trying to handle both hotels from the Mulberry Inn office and are a bit overwhelmed right now. The free breakfast nook did not have enough seating for all the guests. They ran out of coffee and waffles a half hour before closing breakfast service. Other than that, the rooms were comfortable and we had a pleasant stay.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"nothing special, friendly staff weird layout"
hotel clean, staff friendly everything ok, but strange layout. 2 hotels merged into one it seems. Only one is staffed with a front desk and amenities and if you are staying in the other have to go across the parking lot to the other for breakfast, gym, computer, and to talk to front desk. Felt strange staying in a hotel with no staff in the building, other than that everything was ok.
2 night trip Oct 17, 2014
cc
"little hotel gave a big surprise"
I've never stayed in a hotel that cost a total of $60 per night. I normally choose Embassy Suites. But I wanted to stay as close to Fort Eustis as possible. I can tell you that I WOULD stay again. The room was clean, bed and pillows were comfortable, full breakfast was fine too. Hotel personnel were very friendly. Very positive experience.
1 night family trip Oct 15, 2014
"Excellent service and quality"
The room was better than I expected, and there were so many amenities that I didn't even need, such as an efficiency kitchen, for half the price of other hotels. The room was very clean, and the beds and pillows were extremely comfortable! This is where I'll stay next time I come to Busch Gardens.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Jaime
"Way better than it looks."
Not going to lie, when we pulled up I was a little worried but the room was clean & staff was friendly!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
"extremely convenient"
Went to visit my husband at Ft. Eustis for a few days and the location of the Inn is extremely convenient as it is literally down the road from the front gate. I was happy with the amenities ( ac was cold and room was neat, breakfast was what you'd expect from a complimentary breakfast). The staff was extremely receptive and friendly as well. The only complaint was that there was a dirty wash towel in the bathroom that hadn't been cleaned up when I checked in. But other than than for the price I was happy with my stay and will probably stay again for my next visit.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"very close to army base"
The first room was assigned to me was not ready and did not work out but Jose was wonderful and gave me another room that was perfect. The location of the hotel was so conveniently close to Fort Eustis for my son's AIT graduation it was great. Mulberry Inn is clean and I would highly recommend it and stay there again if I had to return to that particular area.
4 night trip Sep 26, 2014