All hotels in Grandville, Michigan, United States of America
4651 36th Street SW, Grandville, MI, 49418, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9222

4.8
"As expected overall"
I use Holiday Inn Express frequently as they usually offer consistent quality for a reasonable price. This location was as expected, clean, quiet for the most part and comfortable. My only issue would be better sound insulation between the rooms. I enjoyed the breakfast bar, (great coffee) however some bacon would be a welcome addition. There were a number of families staying at the hotel, and the smaller children can be rather noisy early in the morning. However this was not a major issue and I would recommend the property overall.
2 night trip with friends Mar 21, 2014
"Very nice"
The hotel was very nice. Everything was clean. It's just sad that there isn't anything near this location.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
Tia
"Overall nice"
Overall it was a great place to stay, our only disappointment was that the breakfast had no fruit or breakfast meat. just eggs and bread.
1 night trip Mar 7, 2014
nice!
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2014
"good location for our week-end activities."
was completely satisfied with our room and the convenience of complementary breakfast, which was a big plus to staying there.
1 night trip Jan 29, 2014
Lucy
after a hard day of shopping, it was a great place to walk in to, a cheery fire in the lobby fireplace greeted us. once to our room, we kicked off our shoes, some of us dropped on the bed, tv on. others went down to the hot tub and swimming. it was VERY relaxing and nice. All staff was very pleasant. I would go again! the room was clean, very close to the mall. continental breakfast was great.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
Convenient, clean & friedly service.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2014
"Great value"
Place was comfortable and they even cleaned off all the snow on our cars.Thank you!!!!
2 night trip Jan 24, 2014
Leo
"NICE STAY"
This hotel is nice because its not too big. Its just out side of Grand Rapids so you can be the in 5 minutes but not stay in the city. The hotel was quiet and Clean. They had a great breakfast! We paid 120.00 for the night. The front desk was helpful as well.
1 night family trip Jan 11, 2014
"Awesome stay"
Best value in the area. So glad we decided to stay in Grandville instead of downtown Grand Rapids. Free breakfast was delicious. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. Would definitely stay here again.
3 night trip Nov 20, 2013
"2nd stay as great as the first."
This is our second stay at this hotel...so they must be doing something right. We enjoyed our stay as much the second time as we did the first and are looking forward to our next trip. Everything at this hotel is A+ from checkin to checkout, it was clean, comfortable with friendly, helpful staff. We look forward to staying here again.
4 night family trip Oct 23, 2013
Deb
"Getting a little expensive"
I've staid here a number of times because of the quality of the motel and its proximity to Grand Rapids. I didn't mind the extra drive to Grand Rapids as it was rather inexpensive to stay there. This time, the price definitely jumped up. At this price, I can stay downtown Grand Rapids. Maybe it was a one time thing, but I'll look a little more closely at the hotels downtown first before I book here again. But this hotel is always very nice and the staff super friendly.
1 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
"no sleep"
we did not sleep all night in rm 216 the fan vibrated so loud all night.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2013
"Very comfortable and clean"
Extremely satisfied. Beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Pool area was very nice. I will be back to this hotel. Even though it is a bit further away from the mall than the other hotel choices, this one is much nicer for the price. Well worth the extra little drive.
1 night family trip Sep 13, 2013
"Wonderful experience!"
I went to visit my daughter who attends GVSU and the hotel was conveniently located 15 minutes from campus, 5 minutes from the mall, Meijers, and Marvin Sapp's church. My daughter had a cold so it was nice that the hotel had complementary hot tea and coffee available 24/7 and the breakfast was great. Because she was sick, we didn't get a chance to visit the nice indoor pool or the game room which looked very inviting. The room was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. I will be staying there again. Oh and the small fridge in the room was most convenient to store some of the things we picked up for her dorm room fridge.
1 night trip with friends Aug 25, 2013
Sonia
"Best Hotel EVER"
I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Check-in took about 2 minutes. I had a special request to be close to a door so I'd have the least amount of walking due to handicap, and that's what I got. The beds were perfect, fluffy but not too soft. Two soft, two firm pillows on each bed was nice. Room was clean and everything worked. We extended our stay one night without a problem. Had occasion to chat with front desk people, cleaning people and the guy that sweeps outside and every one of them were polite and super friendly. I will definately stay here again.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2013
Deb
"Wonderful Hotel!!!"
The room was super clean and staff was very friendly and helpful! We loved the pool and hot tub. My 2yr old son spilled juice on the floor and the staff was so helpful. They told us, "you are the guest and should just relax!" That they will take care of it! Also, the cinnamon rolls and coffee in the morning are worth it!! We will definitely go back!!!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2013
"Nice, but cramped!!"
Good service. Clean hotel. Very small rooms and bathroom. Two bed room is quite cramped, and the beds aren't queen sized. No free breakfast but the hotel restaurant had good food and good service at reasonable prices. Close to the major freeways and easy access to them as well. If you don't need to be in downtown, check out the Holiday Inn Express in Grandville, just down the highway a bit. That hotel has bigger rooms, free breakfast and a huge pool, and the place is very clean!
2 night trip Jul 18, 2013
R&K W.
"Very Nice!"
I stay at this hotel a couple times a year on business. The rooms are always clean and the staff are great!
1 night business trip Jul 17, 2013
"Always enjoy staying here."
Pleasing look to lobby and room, comfortable and good service.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Bev
Hotel is in a residential neighborhood not really near anything of interest, but is one of the best stays I have had at any hotel in a long time. Everything you need is just a matter of a couple minutes drive, but not within walking distance. Great staff.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
"nice location"
had a good stay. Brann's sports bar has excellent food and is within walking distance.
1 night trip Jul 5, 2013
phil
"awesome"
Everything was great. Will stay again.
2 night business trip Jul 4, 2013
Was very easy to find. Close to all tournament sites. Bonus great breakfast other teams members paid more for different hotels that didn't offer free breakfast, we were able to start the day off right with a good breakfast instead of fast greasy food. Would stay here again
2 night trip May 31, 2013
"Nice hotel--avoid "poolside""
The hotel was nice, but being "poolside" on the second floor wasn't what I had in mind. You obviously can't access the water--only all the noise.
1 night trip May 3, 2013
The room was great. I have nothing bad to say about the hotel. Staff was courteous and very helpful. I only wanted a one night stay for graduation and it was well worth it. Wish I could of enjoyed some of the extras. The free breakfast was an added perk.
1 night trip Apr 26, 2013
DRJ
"Best for business travel"
3rd trip - Best for the value in the Grandville area
Other trip May 2, 2013
We went to visit our granddaughter at Grand Valley State University for the weekend and stayed at this hotel. Check-in was quick, room was clean and quiet. Pool and spa was nice, clean, and working well. Breakfast consisted of eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, toast, coffee, and juice. It was quite good. We will stay there again.
2 night family trip Apr 12, 2013
"Pretty decent"
Hotel seemed new and was very busy. Seemed like it was in an out of the way area, but I think that was because of all the closed businesses in the area. Hotel was clean and felt safe. Could have used more large towels because of the jacuzzi room. King bed had 4 small pillows, would have liked two more.
1 night romance trip Apr 6, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
We will definitely stay here again. The hotel was very nice and clean. The breakfast was great and more than we expected. The hotel is located close to area attractions but far enough away so it was quiet. Nice neighborhood surrounds the hotel also.
2 night family trip Mar 30, 2013
"Great place good price"
The front desk staff was extremely helpful and the free breakfast was more than adequate. The rooms were very clean and I appreciated the grab bar at the outside of the shower.
Other trip Apr 1, 2013
"The little things"
Great service, friendly people, the best breakfast spread I've seen yet. Best of all, when I walked out to my car in the morning, the hotel staff had brushed the overnight snowfall off everyone's cars. Very thoughtful!
1 night trip Jan 23, 2013
"Great service. Clean room."
Staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms are well-maintained and good size. Pool is nice and just renovated. But surrounding area has nothing much to offer.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2013
"Modern Hotel"
Very nice, clean, modern motel. Reasonable price. Free breakfast was a nice perk. Only negative is we had a room facing the interstate and so traffic noise was a little distracting, but will stay there again because the positives considerably outweigh the one negative.
1 night trip Jan 18, 2013
"Perfect stop on the way"
We have twin 7 year olds and a long drive to northern mi. The place was perfect for our needs: pool, gameroom, and a good breakfast the next morning.
1 night trip Nov 20, 2012
E. L.
"Close to Rivertown Crossing Mall"
Clean, comfortable, and relaxing stay
1 night trip Nov 9, 2012
"Hidden Treasure"
Excellant Choice- Eye appealing, clean, modern. Close to everything! Did request other than first floor. Was on first floor and awoke to noise from food area, people using hall phones. Would stay again though!
Other trip Nov 11, 2012
Pegstir
"Great family hotel"
Great accomodations! The room was nice the pool and jacuzzi was super clean and the breakfast was hot and yummy. Service was great!
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"clean and comfortable"
The bed was so comfortable. Really enjoyed the breakfast. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay here again. Hard to find with mapquest. No street sign for Main street and when we did find Main St it looked like a bad part of town with no signs of life anywhere. Keep going, however and it gets residential (and nicer). Still seems out of place though with no other commercial building nearby.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2012
ruby
"Awesome place"
Loved it. Great room and great continental breakfast.
Other trip Oct 15, 2012
"Located in quiet residential area"
We enjoyed our stay at this quiet and easy to access location off the expressway. Even though our drive to Grand Haven for a wedding was 40 minutes from this hotel, it was worth the distance. Everything we needed from restaurants to shopping was within minutes of this hotel. The staff was friendly, the hotel was very clean, the free hot breakfast was delicious and it wasn't noisy, like so many other locations. We would stay at this hotel again if we visit Grand Rapids or Grand Haven again.
1 night trip Sep 1, 2012
Sue T.
"The best of the best!"
After searching for a hotel in the Saugatuck area for Labor Day Weekend I gave up since most of them were filled to capacity and/or had overinflated rates. I checked the mileage to and from Grandville and located The Holiday Inn Express Hotel through Hotels.com for a decent rate. I quickly clicked the button to commit to my reservation since I was afraid that I might miss out. Glad I made that decision since our stay was very pleasant from the moment we stepped into the lobby and signed in for the room we reserved. It was only a 30 minute drive to Saugatuck each way and a very pleasant one at that. We never got caught in heavy traffic on 196 during such a busy weekend. Breakfast was plentiful in the morning, from the scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, warm danish, a selection of cereals and breads, pancakes, yogurt, juice and coffee. Our room was very clean and comfortable and picked up in between our two night stay. Once again, my husband and I give this hotel a solid 5 star rating!
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
Terri & Jack
"A bargain"
Excellent stay. Holliday inn express is worth staying at anywhere.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2012
Rino
"Great hotel for the price"
Loved the breakfast (bagels, muffins, english muffins, cinnamon rolls, eggs, pancakes, cereal, bananas, yogurt) & our room. It was surprisingly spacious & quiet. Only complaint was my husband thought the bed was too stiff, but I was comfortable.
Other trip Sep 3, 2012

"Centrally located to great shopping"
Great experience, great breakfast and very central to a big mall and lots of box stores
Response by Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids SW
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Grandville. I am glad that you enjoyed our great location to the Rivertown Crossings Mall. Our team looks forward to your future stays with us. Have a great day.
2 night trip Sep 11, 2014