All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

• Value
    Quite clean
    Delicious food
    Location is ok
"Excellent staff. Breakfast is great."
Family enjoyed our stay. The morning breakfast and the special night pancakes was awesome. Cleaning ladies were excellent. Only complaint was the firework noise from the ballpark. The sub shop across the street was excellent and Wahoo fish tacos was great and good prices. The discounts on the vacation rack near elevator was cheapest price for San Diego Zoo.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Vacations at San Diego"
On our first night we had ants comming out of the water sprinkler in the room. The security guy sprayed them with a bio degradable substance and it was Ok for the night. The next day apparently the problem persisted so the staff decided to change our room, without telling us, we came late that night only to find someone else in our room! I know the intention was good but didn´t like them moving my stuff without my permission, in fact they left my son's clothes in a drawer, we had to call the front desk to go back into our previous room and ask for the clothes to the new guests. The parking spaces are designed for go-carts, not for real cars, almost impossible to park, and if you do park you will probably won't be able to get out of the car. The hotel staff was great!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Roger
"Close to sea world"
We stayed there so our grandchildren could swim but it was shut down.wifi was not working and parking was terrible.first experience we've had like this with holiday inn express.sorry we spent the extra money.breakfast was good.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Gama
"Close to seaworld."
Kids enjoyed the small pool. Hotel was close to lots of restaurants.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Vacation"
We stayed for 4 days. It was close to the various attractions we visited. The rooms were clean & comfortable. The beds were a little soft for my taste. Breakfast was very good every morning. The area needs to be bigger for the number of people who were there to eat. Overall, I would stay there again.
4 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Jamie
"staff"
Other than the cleaning lady knocked on the door every morning at 8-8:30 AM for house keeping, the hotel was great.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Great place, but dont bring in food.."
After a long tiring walk in Sea World it felt great to drive to a nearby hotel (not even 5mins drive). Reception was warm, rooms were cozy and clean. However, after bringing some food into our room ants started invading the table where the food was, and I mean lots of ants. Great place but dont bring in food, thats my advice..
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Very expensive to get around"
Staff was excellent but hotel cost too much. The town people see you and see dollar signs. A lot of homeless people that make you feel bad because you are on vacation and they don't even have a place to live.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
bonnie
Staff was great. Friendly and helpful. Hotel is what would be expected for an older Holiday Inn Express. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. Location might bother some but we were fine with it
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Nice, clean hotel close to Pacific Beach"
We stayed only one night and it was nice & comfortable. The only problem we had was with the room keys which didn't work, but it seemed to be a problem with many of the rooms and they took care of it quickly. The pool is very small but the kids didn't mind, they had a good time. We spent most of our time at the beach anyway
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Alma
"Clean hotel close to SeaWorld"
Clean, nice staff, breakfast was excellent. Very close to SeaWorld . old town.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"Not Happy with Parking and Housekeeping"
The neighborhood was in the slums, the parking was terrible, on the second night, after coming back late from Sea World, had to park across the street in the "over flow" lot in a gym area parking lot. Did not feel safe leaving van there but had no other choice. Then I left my shoes there, I called 3 days in a row, was told they did not find them but after talking to my granddaughter, she said she saw the bag under the bed, she is only 5 so did not think to get it out. I called them back and lo and behold housekeeping looked the next day and found them, well it cost me $15.00 to have them sent back to me, I know it was my fault but after all the confusion and the poor housekeeping I do not think that is fair ! But the front desk staff was very helpful !
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great Surprise"
We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We stayed at another hotel near by last year and was not impressed. We were in San Diego just for the Zoo and needed a nearby hotel. My husband went to check in and we had two rooms. One was ready and the other was not. The second became ready very quickly so there really wasn't any issues. We opened the room door and noticed first that our window was the only window blocked by the logo sign outside. It didn't matter because we weren't there for the view. If I was on a fancy vacation and the hotel was my main part of the vacation then it would have been an issue. We then quickly noticed how clean the room was. I always turn down the bed to check and the sheets looked brand new. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was perfectly cleaned as well. We bring lysol wipes to hotels to clean remotes and such and everything we cleaned was really clean to begin with. The morning breakfast was great. There was a large selection of food. It was typical hotel free breakfast quality food but a little above. We really were happy. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"convenient location"
My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 18 month old son, on his first vacation. The location appears a bit sketchy but it worked out well. Close to beaches, downtown, and airport so it was convenient. Right next to the freeway. Also on a street with many restaurants/stores nearby. It was a bit loud when we arrived but it didn't bother us at night- from both the AC running and probably traffic dying down. The room was clean except for an empty Gatorade bottle found by the curtains. Also the curtains did not close all the way so we were woken up by the bright light shining in. The free breakfast was great, large variety. Bonus points for free cookies at check-in and also for free garage parking! Only disappointment was lack of cartoon channels for my son. We would probably consider staying here again.
2 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Dana
"Great proximity to Sea World"
My 3 boys and I drove to San Diego from Anaheim to visit Sea World. The hotel was in great proximity to the park. The room was very comfortable and the staff accommodating. The pool and hot tub were clean, extremely enjoyable and relaxing. We will stay again when in San Diego!
1 night family trip Mar 4, 2015
"enjoyable"
Family & I stayed to visit Sea World and zoo. Had a great time. Room was very comfortable including sofa sleeper. Breakfast was great as well. Only thing I would change would be to exchange one of the pancake makers for a waffle maker and include microwave in room.
3 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
GUILLERMO
Nice once inside. Very tight and small parking. Not a great neighborhood, could not walk anywhere. Breakfast area small, but very attentive staff.
3 night family trip Jun 15, 2015
Teresa
"Do it for the free breakfast!"
Parking is a little tight if you have anything bigger then a sedan. If you get in early enough its okay. But we got home after Seaworld closed and had to park out in front. But everything else was wonderful. The free breakfast is delicious and filling. Made to order pancakes, biscuits and gravy, sausage, ham, bagels, cereals (hot and cold), eggs, yogurt and hot tea/coffee and juice. Definitely worth it and close to beach and Seaworld.
2 night family trip Jun 12, 2015
Deanie
I like the room, it was pretty big and clean. Good cable and internet was Ok. I would stay again at holiday inn
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Hotel stay"
Room had an ant problem in the restroom. Told the front desk about the problem and they right away sent a security guard to spray poison but I don't think he knew how to work the spray. The ants were still moving after he left so we had to use our hairspray, that's all we had, and it worked much better than the poison. Other than this ant problem our room was nice and clean. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful as well.
2 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"Thank you."
Service was very good, we had a few small requests while there and each one was taken care of with a smile.
1 night family trip May 28, 2015
Tony
"Not far from anything"
Hotel was nice for the price. Parking is a small problem as the spaces are VERY small and the lot is also too small. BUT, we were directed by the hotel staff to park across the street in a gym parking lot and we didn't have any problems after that. Breakfast is great. Once again, space was a problem, but we were patient and eventually found a seat. The staff set out many extra tables and chairs, so they were working hard to accommodate every one. Staff was excellent. Very helpful and kind with all of our questions.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Troy and kids
"family memorial weekend getaway"
Very Small, nice hotel. Good breakfast, good service. Major problem in the hot tub, feces floating around. Probably from an animal. . Other than that, the stay was okay. Very central but bad area, transients, adult business.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Excellent location to seaworld and San deign zoo!"
Excellent location near seaworld and San Diego zoo!
Other trip May 29, 2015
missy
"A nice place for families"
Really nice staff. Close to the beach.
1 night family trip May 20, 2015
Shawn
"Nice hotel near Mission Beach"
Excellent hotel to stay at on vacation. Will stay there on our next visit to San Diego, CA!
Other trip May 24, 2015
"Close to Sea World!!"
Nice room and the free breakfast was amazing and so good!!
Other trip May 18, 2015
Branson
"Great hotel and great staff"
I enjoyed my stay at the holiday inn express. The staff was very welcoming and the breakfast was pretty tasty and plentiful. Everything was up to par.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Mothers day weekend"
Kids enjoyed our stay in the room which was very comfortable and roomy. The rooms are updated and looked great. The hotel staff was very polite and welcoming in from the moment we walked in. I used the gym several times during my stay. The breakfast options were amazing.
2 night family trip May 8, 2015
Jenna
"Great hotel next to Mission Bay area"
We stayed one night in a very well kept, clean room. I requested a very quiet room and the room we stayed in was just that. The shower was great. The complementary breakfast was very good, well stocked with all kinds of hot and cold breakfast foods.
Other trip May 10, 2015
paddler
"comfortable stay"
Felt very comfortable at the hotel, I enjoyed our stay very much.
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2015
Rodolfo
"Good Breakfast, Tight Parking"
My wife had an extremely rare 4 day weekend so we decided to travel from Phoenix to San Diego to visit with my son and see SeaWorld. I picked the hotel because of the price, location and good reviews. The breakfast had a lot of choices and was good. The area to eat in was a little small and crowded so we took our food to our room. Parking garage under hotel was cramped and tight. It was a challenge to park around the pillars and if you could stay between the lines, it was still hard to get in and out of the car. I found many people didn't try to park between the lines. The pool is small, mainly to be used to relax, not swim in. All in all, good place and would recommend the hotel and return there again.
2 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Dennis
"good one night place"
the stay was good. the complimentary breakfast was ok. not amazing but good. all the accomidations were above average and acceptable.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
Roberto
"My Stay"
Business trip. Comfy room, close to local shop and close to shady neighborhood. But good spot close to I8 and other ammmenities.
6 night business trip Apr 19, 2015
"the price was right, all reviews were right too"
the staff was very nice during the whole stay.. the reviews i read were also right.. the neighborhood was interesting, the parking was very small.. the hotel was almost missed when we were looking for it.. it is a much smaller holiday inn but this was very close to everything we were wanting to see..the price was great..over all i think my family was ok with it. ..the free breakfast really helped my family so we didn't have to take the extra time trying to find something when we were going places..i would recommend this hotel..
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"sea world visit"
room and breakfast were good, but service was outstanding
2 night romance trip Apr 15, 2015
larry
"Nice Stay"
Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. Very clean hotel with comfortable beds!
4 night family trip Apr 14, 2015
Michael J
"Perfect accommodation for what we needed"
We needed room to accommodate a large family and it was really close to where we were visiting.
Other trip Apr 22, 2015
Great service and great breakfast and good service
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
javier
"Good Hotel"
Nice hotel with nice staff y a convenient location close to attractions
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
Luigi
"expedia made wrong reservations"
got to Holiday in they put me in a room 4 adults , 2 queen bed , reservations were for 6 people 2 queen bed and a,sofa hide a bed it was very inconvenient and crowded they shiwed me transmission expedia it was wrong , I showed manager at holiday inn, she said it was expedia that made error, I will be contacting you after return from vacation.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
mike nice easy
"Marine Graduation"
Came here to attend my son's graduation from Marine bootcamp. The hotel was only about 5 mins from the depot and old town. The breakfast was decent though I wouldn't recommend the pancakes...the room was clean and spacious and moderately quiet. All in all it was a pleasant stay.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
steve
"Nice hotel with a central location."
Overall, great experience! Staff was nice, room was clean, parking could use some improvement but there was security personnel on site which made it feel safe. Definitely would recommend.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Ally
"just ok"
The hotel is old but close to attractions. The rooms were clean but a little musty. Decent breakfast but nowhere to sit so we had to wait 30 minutes for a seat. Ok place if you are on a budget
1 night family trip Apr 6, 2015
Teresa
"Perfect for sightseeing and families!"
My two boys and I enjoyed this hotel. It was clean, friendly, updated and the breakfast service was amazing! The staff put out hot delicious food, without complaint, until the families were finished and after the end time. I know it sounds silly, but most times when hotels offer free breakfast, they stop putting out food 30 mins before it ends, they offer generic brand or cheap food that is not tasty. But THIS breakfast was plentiful and delicious! If I needed to have two complaints it was that the pool is extremely small, and the neighborhood isn't the best. But we were sightseeing, so these two problems weren't real issues at all.
3 night family trip Apr 5, 2015
Zena
"Hotel kids"
Great location great hotel.. Lots of kids and our room was adjacent to the dog day care so we heard barking . There were also A lot of kids being close to sea world. We didn't mind either of them..
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
"Nice, affordable hotel close to SeaWorld"
It's excellent for what you're paying. Very close to SeaWorld and other San Diego attractions like Gas Lamp Quarter, Balboa Park, Old Town, and La Jolla Cove. The neighborhood around the hotel is not the best, but there are good places to eat nearby nonetheless. The parking garage is small, but you should be able to find a spot. Free breakfast is always convenient. I've consistently had good experiences at Holiday Inn Express and this one is no exception.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
"Great location, great hotel"
It is located in an "easy access" to everything. There is food(subway, In&Out and restaurants), grocery stores and freeway access. Rooms are clean and staff was very nice. Pool is small and the hot tub is great. Overall this is a wonderful family hotel.
Other trip Apr 7, 2015
"Great stay in San Diego"
Nice and clean hotel with friendly staff. The pool and pool area is a lot smaller than expected from the pictures but as the beach is not far away from the hotel this didn't matter much. Close to most attractions and places to visit.
3 night family trip Mar 31, 2015
"Next to Seaworld"
Going to Seaworld? Then this is a pretty good place to stay if you can afford it. Price was kinda ridiculous for being a Holiday Inn Express. No bedbugs and fairly clean, but could have been cleaner as staff seems to clean visible locations (don't go looking for filth because you'll find it behind furniture). Bathroom was clean and large w/tub/rails. Mattresses were a little worn, but sheets were clean. Parking is the pain here and maintenance blocked us once, front desk had them move right away though. Breakfast is decent and front desk staff were great. Microwave near breakfast area ask staff. Worth one fity a night and no more honestly.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015