All hotels in San Diego, California, United States of America

Delicious food
    Great room
    Location is ok
"Pleasant stay"
Great place to stay! Clean room, nice breakfast, and quiet
3 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
"Nice Hotel for the money"
Had a good stay at the hotel. The staff was friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. Had a pull out sofa bed that was made up and ready to go. Perfect for my daughters to sleep in. Room was good-sized and comfortable for two adults and three kids. Complimentary breakfast offered a good variety and was promptly replenished. It was within 15-20 mins driving of many attractions. Neighborhood appeared sketchy but was safe enough. Pool was small but good enough for cooling off.
2 night family trip Oct 13, 2015
Samuel
My only complaint would be the distance from the parking to the room areas and that the hotel staff cancelled my access to the room a few hours before leave it, while we went out to do some shopping.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
J
"A little noisy"
The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, the breakfast was good. The only problem was the lack of sleep I got due to the location. The dumpsters for the local businesses are picked up and emptied every day prior to 7am and once prior to 6am and they are not quiet about it.
2 night family trip Oct 8, 2015
Gena
"Pro Football game"
Family trip. Location not in the best area but was central to all area activities.
4 night family trip Oct 1, 2015
Anna
"Weekend stay"
The room was very clean and comfortable. Parking was a problem. Hotel has only a small indoor parking area. We had to park on the street. I didn't like that. Complimentary breakfast was great.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Carl
"Great Stay!"
Hotel staff were really friendly, and provided some tips for Sea World. Make sure to ask for bottled water before you leave so you can take it to Sea World.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
"Would try it again"
We stayed for one night and didn't get to take advantage of the pool and other areas of the hotel. The room and breakfast area was clean and the staff was great. Breakfast was good with the normal selections. There was a pancake machine, which I haven't seen before, but it made the area a mess-free zone (no batter to clean up like the waffle machines). Parking was in an area under the hotel with very small parking spots. I'm glad the lot wasn't full or it may have posed a problem even though our car was not large. The neighboorhood was not the best but for the money it was good.
1 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Theresa
Very nice
1 night romance trip Sep 21, 2015
"Family Friendly"
Will stay there again.
1 night family trip Sep 9, 2015
"I had a good sleep"
The hotel does not look that big from out side, but inside it looks great. Rooms are clean, and beds are comfortable. Buffet breakfast is awesome, everything you need for a breakfast.
1 night trip with friends Sep 9, 2015
Rabin
"Awesome!"
Very clean and staff was super friendly
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
The people at the reception were very friendly and helpful. Would certainly stay there again
2 night family trip Sep 8, 2015
mohammed
"Consistant and Convenient"
This was our second time saying at a Holiday Inn Express and it was as satisfactory as the first.
3 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
Dohn
"Very clean and close to Sea World"
I reserved a room for my friends, so they could take their son to Sea World. Clean room and good breakfast. Better than the outside would indicate.
1 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Brigid
We stayed there on a family mini vacation, we were vising Mission beach. The location was fantastic, the staff very friendly,beds were comfortable. I really enjoyed our stay. I would defiantly stay there again next time we go to San Diego. The only downfall is the parking, the parking spaces are small if you have a large vehicle.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
A nice place
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Manuel
"Could have been better hotel"
Parking garage too small, pool smelled bad and turned my daughters hair green.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
laura
Good value especially the comprehensive breakfast: eggs , meat, yogurt, pancakes, waffles, rolls, muffins, variety of drinks. Good location to attractions, shopping, and good restaurants. Non-smoking throughout. Parking is tight.
1 night romance trip Sep 3, 2015
"Budget San Diego stay"
nice, budget conscious hotel which caters mostly to families. The breakfasts which were included in room rate, were good with a nice variety. Room was very clean & staff was friendly. The only frawback is the neighborhood - somewhat seedy. But overall, this hotel was worth the price.
3 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
"Clean & Convenient to where we needed to be"
We enjoyed our 3 night stay. It's important that the room is clean, which it was. We didn't go to Sea World, but it is very close... we could see the fireworks display right out of our window!
Other trip Sep 3, 2015
Storm
"Convenient for sea world"
Close to Sea World. Nice friendly staff. Kids loved the evening pancakes. Looks like a recently remodeled hotel. Lobby was a bit crowded during breakfast.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Gerald
"Quality of Services"
Every Thing Great Really good We Enjoy
4 night family trip Aug 22, 2015
Raafat
"Very short drive to SeaWorld."
The hotel itself was fine. The area it was located in had a little more homeless folks milling around than other places. Small children's swimming pool. Gets crowded quickly. Breakfast buffet had weird-tasting milk which the kids passed on after 1 sip. Even the creamers for the coffee tasted strange (tried the skim, half-and-half flasks, and even the little hazlenut creamers all tasted strange). The bathroom seriously needs a ventilator fan as the humidity and smells in the bathroom did not easily escape. Like the reviewers mentioned on TripAdvisor, pick the top floor rooms. A/C was loud but strong and effective. We had a false fire alarm go off at 1:30am that woke everyone up and lasted for about 5 minutes. The beds, sofabed, were comfortable. Internet was free and fast (19 to 26MB). Both AT&T and TMo cell service were available. Parking spaces were tight. We had a room with 2 Queen beds and a Sofabed for the 5 of us.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Very comfortable"
Very comfortable. Breakfast have quite a few choices. In August, you can make your own fresh pancakes from 8pm-12am with this machine which was great. Inside parking was a bit tight other than that I enjoy my stay.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Gloria
"Weekend getaway"
I booked here thinking we were going to be able to see the bay from our room. You can see some of the water but it is blocked by power lines and some other buildings. Also, they have limited covered parking spaces that are built for tiny cars. There is extra parking across the street but it is not lighted and I didn't feel comfortable leaving my vehicle there because of the neighborhood. There were sketchy people all around. Finally this hotel is very overpriced for what you get.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Far exceeded expectations, would visit again"
Far exceeded our expectations. Room was very nice, breakfast was better than expected. The location was very convenient. Staff was polite and helpful. Parking is a little tricky, and some of the other reviews mention that the neighborhood is a little iffy. I think that's more because it's right in the middle of a bunch of stuff instead of secluded - we felt safe staying there. Would recommend.
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"San Diego Family Vacation"
Nice room, good hot breakfast, parking spots were small but I drive a Suburban. The pool was small but we didn't come to San Diego to swim. Overall great trip and room.
4 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Close to Sea World"
I loved the fact that it is so close to Sea World. The staff was great. My kids loved pancakes at night and I did too. The breakfast was also great. Ithey have plenty of choices. The only negative thing I would say is that the wifi is poor and the area to eat is very small.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
veronica
It was ok,just one night. The parking space was so tight that one needs to alot of back & forth to exit .
1 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Augustus
"WOW, nice hotel and location."
My wife and I enjoyed out stay at the Holiday Inn Express very much. The staff was genuine and nice. None of that “Good morning sir... How may I assist you today?”, just “Morning... If you need any help starting your morning just ask!” Both my wife and I are in the hotel business and cookie cutter lines are a dead give-away to “stuffy over managed hotels”. The rooms were very clean and everything in the room worked. We stayed two nights and the room was cleaned and restocked with new soap and shampoo of course towels and bedding were also replaced. As far as location goes I could not have done better. this hotel is on the bus line and near three malls, Sea World is 10 minutes away by bus. If we go back to San Diego this hotel is sure to be where we will stay.
Other trip Aug 15, 2015
Chuck
Everything is close by, but the surroudings are an eye soar. I think the price of the rooms are a little high.
Other trip Aug 13, 2015
"Visit to Sea World San Diego"
It was a normal stay
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2015
Babar
the Hotel located close to all major highways, sightseeing area and restaurants. The hotel has great breakfast buffet in the morning, and the staff is really nice and friendly. Will definitely stay here again.
5 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
marina
"Nice basic hotel!"
We were visiting Seaworld and just needed to stay for the night. Well, to start with the positives, My kids loved the breakfast with the cool pancake making machine..you press a button and voila! You get two small pancakes in under a minute! They loved the sausages, eggs, biscuits with gravy, muffins, cinnamon rolls, yogurt and cereal. The room was neat, looked updated and was large enough for the four of us(we took the room with two queens). Bathroom was roomy too. The hotel is close to McDonald's, Dennys and a CVS, an asset for families with young kids and ever hungry teenagers. The negatives..hotel was hard to access. It was close to the street and could hear traffic all night. The garage had limited free parking and the carpets needed to be updated. Airconditioning was loud. Wifi is free. Overall a basic hotel, kids loved it and we left early the next morning.
1 night family trip Aug 4, 2015
"Excellent staff. Breakfast is great."
Family enjoyed our stay. The morning breakfast and the special night pancakes was awesome. Cleaning ladies were excellent. Only complaint was the firework noise from the ballpark. The sub shop across the street was excellent and Wahoo fish tacos was great and good prices. The discounts on the vacation rack near elevator was cheapest price for San Diego Zoo.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015
"Vacations at San Diego"
On our first night we had ants comming out of the water sprinkler in the room. The security guy sprayed them with a bio degradable substance and it was Ok for the night. The next day apparently the problem persisted so the staff decided to change our room, without telling us, we came late that night only to find someone else in our room! I know the intention was good but didn´t like them moving my stuff without my permission, in fact they left my son's clothes in a drawer, we had to call the front desk to go back into our previous room and ask for the clothes to the new guests. The parking spaces are designed for go-carts, not for real cars, almost impossible to park, and if you do park you will probably won't be able to get out of the car. The hotel staff was great!
Other trip Aug 4, 2015
Roger
"Close to sea world"
We stayed there so our grandchildren could swim but it was shut down.wifi was not working and parking was terrible.first experience we've had like this with holiday inn express.sorry we spent the extra money.breakfast was good.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
Gama
"Close to seaworld."
Kids enjoyed the small pool. Hotel was close to lots of restaurants.
Other trip Aug 2, 2015
"Vacation"
We stayed for 4 days. It was close to the various attractions we visited. The rooms were clean & comfortable. The beds were a little soft for my taste. Breakfast was very good every morning. The area needs to be bigger for the number of people who were there to eat. Overall, I would stay there again.
4 night family trip Jul 26, 2015
Jamie
"staff"
Other than the cleaning lady knocked on the door every morning at 8-8:30 AM for house keeping, the hotel was great.
Other trip Aug 1, 2015
"Great place, but dont bring in food.."
After a long tiring walk in Sea World it felt great to drive to a nearby hotel (not even 5mins drive). Reception was warm, rooms were cozy and clean. However, after bringing some food into our room ants started invading the table where the food was, and I mean lots of ants. Great place but dont bring in food, thats my advice..
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
"Very expensive to get around"
Staff was excellent but hotel cost too much. The town people see you and see dollar signs. A lot of homeless people that make you feel bad because you are on vacation and they don't even have a place to live.
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
bonnie
Staff was great. Friendly and helpful. Hotel is what would be expected for an older Holiday Inn Express. Nothing fancy but clean and comfortable. Location might bother some but we were fine with it
1 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Nice, clean hotel close to Pacific Beach"
We stayed only one night and it was nice & comfortable. The only problem we had was with the room keys which didn't work, but it seemed to be a problem with many of the rooms and they took care of it quickly. The pool is very small but the kids didn't mind, they had a good time. We spent most of our time at the beach anyway
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Alma
"Clean hotel close to SeaWorld"
Clean, nice staff, breakfast was excellent. Very close to SeaWorld . old town.
Other trip Jul 7, 2015
"Not Happy with Parking and Housekeeping"
The neighborhood was in the slums, the parking was terrible, on the second night, after coming back late from Sea World, had to park across the street in the "over flow" lot in a gym area parking lot. Did not feel safe leaving van there but had no other choice. Then I left my shoes there, I called 3 days in a row, was told they did not find them but after talking to my granddaughter, she said she saw the bag under the bed, she is only 5 so did not think to get it out. I called them back and lo and behold housekeeping looked the next day and found them, well it cost me $15.00 to have them sent back to me, I know it was my fault but after all the confusion and the poor housekeeping I do not think that is fair ! But the front desk staff was very helpful !
2 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"Great Surprise"
We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel. We stayed at another hotel near by last year and was not impressed. We were in San Diego just for the Zoo and needed a nearby hotel. My husband went to check in and we had two rooms. One was ready and the other was not. The second became ready very quickly so there really wasn't any issues. We opened the room door and noticed first that our window was the only window blocked by the logo sign outside. It didn't matter because we weren't there for the view. If I was on a fancy vacation and the hotel was my main part of the vacation then it would have been an issue. We then quickly noticed how clean the room was. I always turn down the bed to check and the sheets looked brand new. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was perfectly cleaned as well. We bring lysol wipes to hotels to clean remotes and such and everything we cleaned was really clean to begin with. The morning breakfast was great. There was a large selection of food. It was typical hotel free breakfast quality food but a little above. We really were happy. I would stay here again and recommend this hotel.
1 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
"convenient location"
My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights with our 18 month old son, on his first vacation. The location appears a bit sketchy but it worked out well. Close to beaches, downtown, and airport so it was convenient. Right next to the freeway. Also on a street with many restaurants/stores nearby. It was a bit loud when we arrived but it didn't bother us at night- from both the AC running and probably traffic dying down. The room was clean except for an empty Gatorade bottle found by the curtains. Also the curtains did not close all the way so we were woken up by the bright light shining in. The free breakfast was great, large variety. Bonus points for free cookies at check-in and also for free garage parking! Only disappointment was lack of cartoon channels for my son. We would probably consider staying here again.
2 night family trip Apr 26, 2015
Dana
"Great proximity to Sea World"
My 3 boys and I drove to San Diego from Anaheim to visit Sea World. The hotel was in great proximity to the park. The room was very comfortable and the staff accommodating. The pool and hot tub were clean, extremely enjoyable and relaxing. We will stay again when in San Diego!
1 night family trip Mar 4, 2015