All hotels in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Veterans Drive Charlotte Amali, Po Box 640, St. Thomas, St. Thomas, 00804, U.S. Virgin Islands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Well located for my purpose."
Hotel staff is very courteous and helpful. The location is very important to me because of the need to travel to and from the surrounding islands.
Guito
"windward passage.....don't stay there"
first room they gave me had a naked man laying in the bed...second room was facing the slum(we paid for water view) third room had an alarm going off all night....got no sleep....told them we needed another room at 7:30 am...said they would send maint. up and get us another room...they did neither.......finally got another room...with twin beds...we paid for a king .....and at 1:30 am the smoke alarm went off....no smoke...just wet off.......they compped us a free meal but that sucked also.........the staff is VERY unorganized and not trained at all
Other trip Mar 28, 2015
We were very happy with the fact it was so close to town, and had great views from our own bed, and the service if we needed something the response was super fast, GREAT SERVICE! Thank you Windward Passage for making our vacation so pleasant!
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
"motel"
The Hotel was not anywhere near as nice as the pictures made it look and the staff was really rude with bad costomer service. In my opinion I would say this place is overpriced with no water access or beach not a place
3 night family trip Mar 14, 2015
gary
"Terrible hotel .. My husband got bed bugs !!"
The staff was very rude ! We were told we would be in walking to the beach. Not the case we had to take a cab or bus to everything.
Other trip Mar 20, 2015
patricia
Nothing great - staff wasn't very friendly - hardly spoke English- only good if need to catch early ferry in a.m - right across street
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
"Windward passage"
Hotel is totally run down. Location is convienent to ferry which is why we stayed there. The bartender was completely wasted and it was embarrassing to watch her.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Kara
"OK for our purpose - needing close to airport"
Restaurant was good. Room itself was odd. They tried to remodel apparently but it still looks dated. Only one small mirror in the bathroom, so hard for 2 people to get ready at the same time.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Allison
"Convenience is what this place is all about"
Checking in was a nightmare.. Checkin time is 4, but we got there early before a room was ready and, nevertheless, registered and paid. After 4 there was a long line of others checking in, and those of us who needed only a room key had to stay in line behind those who were going though the lengthy registration process. The process was exascerbated but the clerks consistently leaving to the desk to do whatever..
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
chairman
wrong bed arrangement Air conditioning had to be repaired room phone did not work
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Convenient location"
I was sceptical due to the poor reviews. It was okay, check in was quick and the staff was courteous. Only complaints were a moldy smell in the room but we kept the balcony doors open to give it some air and the tub drained poorly. It was only one night so we dealt with it.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Lecia
"old hotel"
1st person we met was the receptionist. She acted like she was doing us a favor by checking us in. 2nd person was the waitress. She was not happy we wanted to eat outside in the courtyard. TV was fuzzy. Total lack of hospitality.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Tired old hotel"
Windward is tired. I'm told it used to be a Holiday Inn but lost its franchise because it couldn't keep up the standards. The people there were actually very nice, but there seemed to be no processes in place to make the place efficient - everything was very slow. The property is a little dirty and outdated. The area is a little sketchy. I would not recommend this hotel
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Sean
"Secure parking was the highlight!"
I was in St Thomas for business and just needed a spot. The Windward has secure parking, which is nice, a pool and restaurant, and gambling on lottery machines. My room was towards the back so lots of noise, chickens, dogs, people - not terribly restful. Overall the staff kept out of the way, which is as much as you can hope for in STT
3 night business trip Mar 5, 2015
"Great Improvement!"
All good, fixed the door locks since last time was there. Staff is great!
2 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Right next to the Ferry Terminal"
This was the perfect hotel for us, we were staying just for one night amd it was right beside the ferry terminal (walking distance) and about 6 minutes by taxi to the airport.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
sao
"Close to ferry"
Fourth floor shower had no hot water or water pressure.Shower decal loose slipped getting in shower. Beeping alarm all night.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
Molly
"transit to the BVI"
people on reception were helpful and very pleasant. room not so clean - found a dirty sock and room felt old and not well cleaned. only 1 coffee sachet for a family of 4 - 3 conditioners but no shampoo?! hotel breakfast seemed expensive for what it was so we skipped it.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Don't stay"
We reach their and desk clerk say oh we sold out and over book so we don't have any room also they charge on my card for no show up
2 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
"This was a nice hotel with pleasant staff."
I enjoyed my stay it was very comfortable and quite and the rooms was in top shape condition with excellent ac...
Other trip Feb 25, 2015
"Clean hotel in a convenient location."
There was a good bit of noise outside my room on a Sunday night. There were people partying until about midnight. Nothing that ear plugs couldn't fix.
mike
"Close to shopping and ferry; beautiful view"
We were a day late due to flight problems and had notified hotel about it, but when we went to check in a rather rude staff member said there were no rooms available, hotel was fully booked. When we showed her printout of our reservation through Expedia, suddenly a room was available after all. Most staff were accommodating, it was clean, and we enjoyed the pool. Our bathroom could have used some updating.
"Windward Passage"
The room was clean. Beds were uncomfortable, sheets were scratcy. Water did not drain well from the bathtub. At the restaurant, the service was almost non-existant. 45 minute wait for breakfast. No silverware. No water or coffee. Complained to the hotel front desk since a restaurant manager could not be found, and the meal was comped. We were glad we were only staying one night.
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2015
Gordon
"Great location near shopping- and ferry dock"
Great place to stay. Able to walk short distance to the ferry dock.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
Jan
Even though I arrived early, the desk clerk made an effort to get my room cleaned and ready by 11 am.
Other trip Feb 15, 2015
"No rooms, even with confirmation, unless you push!"
When our taxi arrived, there were several others checking into hotel. I was first in line to be told there may not be a room. As I started to explain I had confirmation, others were being told same by another clerk. Both clerks were saying they would send us to another hotel IF that hotel had rooms. I insisted we had CONFIRMATION of room, with King bed. Clerk tells me "maybe I can get you full size bed". She asks for copy of confirmation showing king bed. I found it online on my iPhone and show to her. In the meantime, others are being told no rooms. Finally she finds a room for us with king bed,and she gives room with full bed to people next to us. Everyone was yelling and felt like we were being scammed. Sheets had stains, unless they were just dirty. We slept with a towel over bottom sheet. Barely any water pressure to shower. We couldn't wait to get out of there! Thankfully we were there only 1 night. Shabby place that extorts money. $283 for barely a clean bed and lukewarm drizzling water.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Overnighter."
Stay was for one night. However, it was comfy.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
"Not a 4 star. Location good"
Check in at 410 pm room not ready. Finally got a room at 540 pm. Hurried up and showered dinner reservation at 630. Came back ac not working. Called front desk. They sent maintenance couldn't fix it. Did not offer fan. Went back down front desk. Finally got new room at 1030 pm. Ac not much better. But had clean towels.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
tracy
"Across from the ferry terminal"
We needed a place to spend the night since our flight was cancelled. It is centrally located withi easy walking distance to shops and restaurants, but not the beach. We did not use the facilities or the restaurant at the hotel. The parking lot is a little strange, as it is necessary to back all the way out from the parking spaces instead of having a place to turn around. The building looks very plain from the outside, but is much mor attractive on the inside. Only the rooms on the front side have a water view.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
SAM
"Need to improve"
Lack of service. Cleanliness is not the best. Restaurant is too expensive and service is not good. Rates are too high for what they offer. No gym, no snack shop, there is nothing but a room.
2 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Carlos
"Very nice place to stay."
Great location, good service, very nice building. I would definitely recommend it.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2015
"Good for passing through"
We were passing through to St. John. The hotel is right near the ferry terminal and downtown Charlotte Amalie. The room was clean and comfortable. The air condition worked well but was very noisy. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and attentive.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Vacationer
"We were not given the room we booked & paid for"
Upon arrival we were given a room with two double beds rather than the king ocean view we had booked and paid for thru Expedia. Didn't discover this until we were in the room. Returned to desk to be told that despite my printed reservation stating "King bed, Ocean view", for which we had paid a significantly higher rate than the standard room, that was just a "request". Eventually given a kink room in the back corner of the hotel, overlooking a parking lot and a very rough looking bar with a vulgar name that got my first Expedia review rejected when I included it in the review. From 11pm until nearly dawn the noise was awful- screaming drunks, breaking glass and bizarrely, roosters crowing. The next morning we met another couple who were forced, along with their adult children to share a king bed with rollaway when they had booked two doubles! The front desk refused to adjust our bill, saying the corner room we received was a "suite" that was higher priced than the ocean view we booked. Our impression was that this hotel has big issues with its reservation system and/or desk staff training. The hotel was a bit run down as well.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Deirdre
"St Thomas"
Nice hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Convenient to airport"
The hotel is very close to the airport, therefore, very convenient for catching flights.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
carrold
"Comfortable."
Comfortable.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Benito
"Location is Great - Good Experience"
The location in Charlotte Amalie is great. Easy walking to restaurants - Greenhouse, Gladys', Cafe Amici, Amalie Cafe, Bumpa's and many more. Also some of the best shopping on the island. There were always taxis available if you choose to venture to different parts of the island and staff were eager to assist in getting a taxi. The only complaint I have regarding the room was the lack of lighting for reading. The bulbs were very dim and it was impossible to read in the evening. Housekeeping staff always provided excellent service - left plenty of supplies. The front desk staff were mostly helpful - they were not overly enthusiastic. One young lady seemed quite friendly and capable. The front desk, however, was unorganized. Guests were lined up on numerous occasions for check-in, check-out, obtaining information, asking for pool towels, etc. A suggestion would be to place pool towels in a different location and let another person handle or else just leave by the pool as there was no accountability for room number, guest name, etc. The restaurant was good. We ate one dinner - steak night on Sunday and one breakfast. The food was not exceptional but tasty. We paid extra for the ocean view room and were very glad that we did. Beautiful scenery on the waterfront with the cruise ships coming and going as well as smaller boats in the harbor all of the time. We would likely return to this location considering the cost and availability.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Becky
"Nice hotel, in the middle of everything :o)."
My husband & I were married in St. Thomas 10 years ago and decided to come back for our anniversary and stayed here for a week. We had a great experience. Cheap transportation right outside the hotel. They help you with everything! We will definately be staying here again. Just make sure you get an ocean view, it is so worth it. Even after hours we were fine (not afraid) walking around at night. Thanks for the great stay, we were very pleased :o).
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Paul&Debbie
"Cold AC...not so much"
The worst part of this stay, was trying to keep the room cool. I was facing the bay, but kept the shades drawn. The AC unit stayed on the entire time, and could not do the job. I would be surprised if the room was ever under 80 degrees. The shower head was broken, I notified the hotel staff. A ticket was submitted to maintenance, but it remained broken the entire length of my stay.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Chell
"Sailing away"
Very close to ferry
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
JANA J
"St Thomas get away"
Great location for ferry to tortola
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Musty Smelling"
Hotel is older and dirty carpet gave it a musty smell. Bèd was not comfortable. The best thing about my stay was the breakfast omelet. The staff was friendly and informative.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Jèremiah
"I would NEVER recommend this hotel. 2 star at best"
There is a bar located in the alley behind the hotel; extremely loud music, people shouting profanity until 3 am. Nothing I wanted to hear and definitely didn't want my young children to hear, but we couldn't sleep because of the noise. Hotel front desk would not answer calls... Apparently no one working to take care of problems in the middle of the night. After four calls not answered, we left a voicemail. No follow up from the hotel the next morning. My husband had to go to the front desk and that proved to be painful. No customer service!! Hotel knows about the problem; windows looking out into alley are covered with a frosted tint to about 5 ft up. so that it's not easy to see out. The room they finally moved us to on the other side of hotel did not have this on the windows. The floors were filthy. I was not expecting anything fancy, but this definitely is not a 3 star hotel; maybe 2 at best. Would NEVER recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Family of 4
"Great for the business traveler"
Good place for the business traveler. This is my 4th or 5th time staying at this hotel. It is reasonably priced, the rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. The air conditioning works well! It is also located in downtown near the seaplane dock so the area is not waht I would call great. It is not seaside so if I were staying for a vacation I probably would do Frenchmens Reef. If waht youy want is a place to lay your head and a good rooom this is the place, especially during the busy and expensive resort season.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Served the purpose of my business travel"
Front desk was efficient if not very amicable. Room was quiet and clean enough. Morning breakfast on patio was pleasant and competitively priced. Patio area bar was good even if bartender a bit overwhelmed at times.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Not So Happy Birthday Getaway"
I booked a reservation online for me and my girlfriend and requested a queen/king bed suite. When I arrived at the hotel, they stated that the reservation itself did not have any room specifics and they did not have any suites available so they gave me a standard room, which I was OK with, until I got to the room. They had given me 2 full beds instead of a 1 queen/king so I went back to front desk and requested another room with the correct bed size. I was told that they did not have any with that bed size size but to come back in 1 hour and they will see what they could do. Went to eat and came back and was given the correct bed size, however, the A/C in the room was not fully functioning so back to the front desk I go. They send up maintenance and he works on it for a full 30 minutes to get it somewhat cool in the room. Stay in the room and A/C stops functioning overnight so did not sleep well. Next morning again to front desk, which they send up maintenance for a 2nd time and the gentlemen said he could not fix it then went to get us a different room. The new room was finally one that we could rest peacefully in. Another gripe is the breakfast, as it took 1 full hour to get our order of french toast and eggs, and the restaurant was not even busy. So if you need something to eat and are on a time crunch, go elsewhere.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Ray
"Good Location"
Great location.Beach shuttle to Magens bay should be advertised.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Moinak
"Looks good online...and is decent location."
We stayed twice...2 nights before 7 days on a sail boat and one night after before we flew out the next day. First room was BAD! Clean but very run down. Supposed to be a room frig...it was missing! Drapes were falling down and not usable. The room was better on our second stay...clean, intact and pleasant! But service checking in was BAD! Stood in line for 40 minutes to get to talk to the check in desk agent...then she had trouble finding our reservation. Not a good experience. I would only recommend this hotel for short stays when you want to keep cost down. Just for a decent bed to sleep in...it's fine. But for an extended stay...just too frustrating! Not worth saving the money!
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Lynn
"Convenient to airport and downtown"
Just stayed one night en route to other destination. Short taxi ride from airport and gave us easy walking distance to all of downtown Charlotte Amalie. The view is grand (we had ocean view) - very fun to watch sea planes, ferries, private boat activity in harbor. However, it is on main highway and I was grateful I had tucked in some ear plugs as noise was considerable through the night. Lovely courtyard spaces in hotel and food was decent in restaurant at breakfast (only meal we ate there). Room is a bit small and dated, needs some maintenance. Staff not very attentive or friendly.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
travjean
"Staff gives new meaning to "Island Time""
This hotel is a unique combination of incompetence and laziness. After a 35 minute wait at check-in while staff attempted to find our reservation, we were assigned a room with inoperative door locks. More trips to the front desk and more waiting eventually resulted in a new room assignment. Check-in time is listed as 4pm, but room service is still "working" at that time, so plan to check in later. Rooms are fine once you get one. Location is convenient to both ferry terminal (walkable) and airport.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015