All hotels in St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands
Veterans Drive Charlotte Amali, Po Box 640, St. Thomas, St. Thomas, 00804, U.S. Virgin Islands, ‏‎800-491-6126

"No rooms, even with confirmation, unless you push!"
When our taxi arrived, there were several others checking into hotel. I was first in line to be told there may not be a room. As I started to explain I had confirmation, others were being told same by another clerk. Both clerks were saying they would send us to another hotel IF that hotel had rooms. I insisted we had CONFIRMATION of room, with King bed. Clerk tells me "maybe I can get you full size bed". She asks for copy of confirmation showing king bed. I found it online on my iPhone and show to her. In the meantime, others are being told no rooms. Finally she finds a room for us with king bed,and she gives room with full bed to people next to us. Everyone was yelling and felt like we were being scammed. Sheets had stains, unless they were just dirty. We slept with a towel over bottom sheet. Barely any water pressure to shower. We couldn't wait to get out of there! Thankfully we were there only 1 night. Shabby place that extorts money. $283 for barely a clean bed and lukewarm drizzling water.
1 night romance trip Feb 6, 2015
"Overnighter."
Stay was for one night. However, it was comfy.
1 night business trip Feb 7, 2015
"Not a 4 star. Location good"
Check in at 410 pm room not ready. Finally got a room at 540 pm. Hurried up and showered dinner reservation at 630. Came back ac not working. Called front desk. They sent maintenance couldn't fix it. Did not offer fan. Went back down front desk. Finally got new room at 1030 pm. Ac not much better. But had clean towels.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
tracy
"Across from the ferry terminal"
We needed a place to spend the night since our flight was cancelled. It is centrally located withi easy walking distance to shops and restaurants, but not the beach. We did not use the facilities or the restaurant at the hotel. The parking lot is a little strange, as it is necessary to back all the way out from the parking spaces instead of having a place to turn around. The building looks very plain from the outside, but is much mor attractive on the inside. Only the rooms on the front side have a water view.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
SAM
"Need to improve"
Lack of service. Cleanliness is not the best. Restaurant is too expensive and service is not good. Rates are too high for what they offer. No gym, no snack shop, there is nothing but a room.
2 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
Carlos
"Very nice place to stay."
Great location, good service, very nice building. I would definitely recommend it.
1 night trip Feb 1, 2015
"Good for passing through"
We were passing through to St. John. The hotel is right near the ferry terminal and downtown Charlotte Amalie. The room was clean and comfortable. The air condition worked well but was very noisy. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and attentive.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Vacationer
"We were not given the room we booked & paid for"
Upon arrival we were given a room with two double beds rather than the king ocean view we had booked and paid for thru Expedia. Didn't discover this until we were in the room. Returned to desk to be told that despite my printed reservation stating "King bed, Ocean view", for which we had paid a significantly higher rate than the standard room, that was just a "request". Eventually given a kink room in the back corner of the hotel, overlooking a parking lot and a very rough looking bar with a vulgar name that got my first Expedia review rejected when I included it in the review. From 11pm until nearly dawn the noise was awful- screaming drunks, breaking glass and bizarrely, roosters crowing. The next morning we met another couple who were forced, along with their adult children to share a king bed with rollaway when they had booked two doubles! The front desk refused to adjust our bill, saying the corner room we received was a "suite" that was higher priced than the ocean view we booked. Our impression was that this hotel has big issues with its reservation system and/or desk staff training. The hotel was a bit run down as well.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Deirdre
"St Thomas"
Nice hotel
1 night romance trip Jan 31, 2015
"Convenient to airport"
The hotel is very close to the airport, therefore, very convenient for catching flights.
1 night business trip Jan 30, 2015
carrold
"Comfortable."
Comfortable.
2 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Benito
"Location is Great - Good Experience"
The location in Charlotte Amalie is great. Easy walking to restaurants - Greenhouse, Gladys', Cafe Amici, Amalie Cafe, Bumpa's and many more. Also some of the best shopping on the island. There were always taxis available if you choose to venture to different parts of the island and staff were eager to assist in getting a taxi. The only complaint I have regarding the room was the lack of lighting for reading. The bulbs were very dim and it was impossible to read in the evening. Housekeeping staff always provided excellent service - left plenty of supplies. The front desk staff were mostly helpful - they were not overly enthusiastic. One young lady seemed quite friendly and capable. The front desk, however, was unorganized. Guests were lined up on numerous occasions for check-in, check-out, obtaining information, asking for pool towels, etc. A suggestion would be to place pool towels in a different location and let another person handle or else just leave by the pool as there was no accountability for room number, guest name, etc. The restaurant was good. We ate one dinner - steak night on Sunday and one breakfast. The food was not exceptional but tasty. We paid extra for the ocean view room and were very glad that we did. Beautiful scenery on the waterfront with the cruise ships coming and going as well as smaller boats in the harbor all of the time. We would likely return to this location considering the cost and availability.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Becky
"Nice hotel, in the middle of everything :o)."
My husband & I were married in St. Thomas 10 years ago and decided to come back for our anniversary and stayed here for a week. We had a great experience. Cheap transportation right outside the hotel. They help you with everything! We will definately be staying here again. Just make sure you get an ocean view, it is so worth it. Even after hours we were fine (not afraid) walking around at night. Thanks for the great stay, we were very pleased :o).
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Paul&Debbie
"Cold AC...not so much"
The worst part of this stay, was trying to keep the room cool. I was facing the bay, but kept the shades drawn. The AC unit stayed on the entire time, and could not do the job. I would be surprised if the room was ever under 80 degrees. The shower head was broken, I notified the hotel staff. A ticket was submitted to maintenance, but it remained broken the entire length of my stay.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Chell
"Sailing away"
Very close to ferry
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
JANA J
"St Thomas get away"
Great location for ferry to tortola
1 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Musty Smelling"
Hotel is older and dirty carpet gave it a musty smell. Bèd was not comfortable. The best thing about my stay was the breakfast omelet. The staff was friendly and informative.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Jèremiah
"I would NEVER recommend this hotel. 2 star at best"
There is a bar located in the alley behind the hotel; extremely loud music, people shouting profanity until 3 am. Nothing I wanted to hear and definitely didn't want my young children to hear, but we couldn't sleep because of the noise. Hotel front desk would not answer calls... Apparently no one working to take care of problems in the middle of the night. After four calls not answered, we left a voicemail. No follow up from the hotel the next morning. My husband had to go to the front desk and that proved to be painful. No customer service!! Hotel knows about the problem; windows looking out into alley are covered with a frosted tint to about 5 ft up. so that it's not easy to see out. The room they finally moved us to on the other side of hotel did not have this on the windows. The floors were filthy. I was not expecting anything fancy, but this definitely is not a 3 star hotel; maybe 2 at best. Would NEVER recommend to anyone.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Family of 4
"Great for the business traveler"
Good place for the business traveler. This is my 4th or 5th time staying at this hotel. It is reasonably priced, the rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. The air conditioning works well! It is also located in downtown near the seaplane dock so the area is not waht I would call great. It is not seaside so if I were staying for a vacation I probably would do Frenchmens Reef. If waht youy want is a place to lay your head and a good rooom this is the place, especially during the busy and expensive resort season.
2 night business trip Jan 14, 2015
"Served the purpose of my business travel"
Front desk was efficient if not very amicable. Room was quiet and clean enough. Morning breakfast on patio was pleasant and competitively priced. Patio area bar was good even if bartender a bit overwhelmed at times.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Not So Happy Birthday Getaway"
I booked a reservation online for me and my girlfriend and requested a queen/king bed suite. When I arrived at the hotel, they stated that the reservation itself did not have any room specifics and they did not have any suites available so they gave me a standard room, which I was OK with, until I got to the room. They had given me 2 full beds instead of a 1 queen/king so I went back to front desk and requested another room with the correct bed size. I was told that they did not have any with that bed size size but to come back in 1 hour and they will see what they could do. Went to eat and came back and was given the correct bed size, however, the A/C in the room was not fully functioning so back to the front desk I go. They send up maintenance and he works on it for a full 30 minutes to get it somewhat cool in the room. Stay in the room and A/C stops functioning overnight so did not sleep well. Next morning again to front desk, which they send up maintenance for a 2nd time and the gentlemen said he could not fix it then went to get us a different room. The new room was finally one that we could rest peacefully in. Another gripe is the breakfast, as it took 1 full hour to get our order of french toast and eggs, and the restaurant was not even busy. So if you need something to eat and are on a time crunch, go elsewhere.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Ray
"Good Location"
Great location.Beach shuttle to Magens bay should be advertised.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2015
Moinak
"Looks good online...and is decent location."
We stayed twice...2 nights before 7 days on a sail boat and one night after before we flew out the next day. First room was BAD! Clean but very run down. Supposed to be a room frig...it was missing! Drapes were falling down and not usable. The room was better on our second stay...clean, intact and pleasant! But service checking in was BAD! Stood in line for 40 minutes to get to talk to the check in desk agent...then she had trouble finding our reservation. Not a good experience. I would only recommend this hotel for short stays when you want to keep cost down. Just for a decent bed to sleep in...it's fine. But for an extended stay...just too frustrating! Not worth saving the money!
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
Lynn
"Convenient to airport and downtown"
Just stayed one night en route to other destination. Short taxi ride from airport and gave us easy walking distance to all of downtown Charlotte Amalie. The view is grand (we had ocean view) - very fun to watch sea planes, ferries, private boat activity in harbor. However, it is on main highway and I was grateful I had tucked in some ear plugs as noise was considerable through the night. Lovely courtyard spaces in hotel and food was decent in restaurant at breakfast (only meal we ate there). Room is a bit small and dated, needs some maintenance. Staff not very attentive or friendly.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
travjean
"Staff gives new meaning to "Island Time""
This hotel is a unique combination of incompetence and laziness. After a 35 minute wait at check-in while staff attempted to find our reservation, we were assigned a room with inoperative door locks. More trips to the front desk and more waiting eventually resulted in a new room assignment. Check-in time is listed as 4pm, but room service is still "working" at that time, so plan to check in later. Rooms are fine once you get one. Location is convenient to both ferry terminal (walkable) and airport.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"Convenient to downtown and the ferry"
Very nice stay with a view of the harbor. Interior courtyards and plazas were delightful.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
Maddy
"The best thing is its central location"
we made a reservation one month before our intended stay, and when we arrived, they were apparently enjoying high traffic and we were told by the receptionist that we were "lucky" to have had a room. We did not feel so lucky when we got to our assigned room and it felt as though we had basically been stuck in a utility room for lack of space. The linens seemed clean and the AC worked.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Not for people seeking sleep..."
We arrived at Windward passage early on our first day of vacation knowing we were late to book a room and were simply expecting a bed. If this is your mentality when booking then remember you get what you pay for. The grounds were nice, a little restaurant, an outside bar, a small pool on the mezzanine, even a small casino parlor we generally thought we were getting more than expected. After our first night it was certain we didn't, the bed was awful and dipped toward the middle, we rolled into each other several times waking each other up. On top of that, houskeeping began their rounds at 830am and continued to show up every half hour and were extremely persistent, we were not given any "do not disturb" hangers to present on the door. It's location to the town was another factor in our decision to stay here but we both felt as if we were in a bit of a rough area. We did enjoy our view of a baseball field and even occasionally watched a few hits of a game, however the locals urinating in the alley below wasn't a plus. All-in-all I wish we could have afforded to stay elsewhere.
7 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Sean
"Nice hotel close to downtown"
Hotel is clean, close to downtown: walking distance from Main Street and some restaurants. Need transportation to the best beaches. Restaurant is good and have a small, but nice swimming pool. Service in the hotel and whole island (in general) is poor.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Marcelo
Good location, but the shower has not hot water. In overall the hotel was good.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
"Nice hotel-central location-close to everything."
The hotel was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The staff was always pleasant, nice. and friendly. The hotel is close to the downtown shopping area which was great because we were within walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and beautiful island sites The drawback was the noise in the morning and early evening...but we expected that because of the location (there was not to much noise late at night). I would advise people to bring a fan or a white noise devise to help with the noise. The hotel itself was very family friendly--not too much hotel noise. We are a family of 5 and we were able to get adjoining rooms. We had a refrigerator in the room which was great. Food is expensive, so we bought groceries to keep in the room. The sites were wonderful and the beaches were absolutely beautiful!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Stacy
"Walking distance to Ferry Terminal"
We just stayed here over night so we could catch the ferry the following day. Hotel was just fine for our means, close to restaurants and main Ferry Terminal. Bar and restaurant at the hotel are not open until 11:00 AM, seemed a little strange for a week-end, but we just walked down the street and had breakfast.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
"close to airport and useful for downtown."
Rooms pretty worn, door lock operated half the time. Outdoor patio bar and resturant staff was SLOW - we waited over 1 hour for our food for breakfast!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Nice hotel for a night before going to St. John!"
Overall good place and location we were tired and got a great night's sleep
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Dirty, rusty water and cockroaches"
Disgusting hotel in bad area. Greeted in the room by roaches. Poured a bath only to come back and see that the water in the tub was rust colored and gross. The water in the sink was the same. Crickets in the room during the night. Tried 3 times to get a coffee from the 'restaurant' no one was there. Check out staff and bellmen rude and not helpful (had to load my own bag in the taxi AFTER tipping him for holding them while I walked around town Nothing good about this place at all. Hoping I don't have bed bugs!!!!!
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
adventurejunkie
"visiting the vi"
It was nice
2 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
"The Winward Passage"
Great location. Decent rooms.
8 night romance trip Dec 15, 2014
"Good hotel."
good. Room clean & excellent condition.
3 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Ulises
"Close to the ferry"
If you are taking a ferry from Charlotte Amelia this is a great location!
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
Ben and Ryan
"Gross"
Service was terrible, front desk unhelpful and unfriendly. Room was in very poor condition, used a wall unit air conditioner that was extremely loud and leaked onto the carpet. There was no privacy in the bathroom with large wood shutters directly next to the bed and leading into the restroom and the glass panels on the door were broken so you could see directly in. The staff would not fix this or give us another room.
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Convenient"
Not the fanciest place but definitely has some charm to it. All rooms open out to the courtyard which is pleasant. Rooms appear to have been recently redone but some of the old furniture looks to have been reused. My only real problem with the room was the 90's error tube TV in the room. As for service, that was adequate. There is a very strict 4pm checkin time so if you're getting in early plan on killing a few hours before you're able to lay your head down for a nap. We arrived early and were able to "pre-checkin" but that doesn't give you a room number or key, so prepare to queue up at around 4 with everyone else who's checking in to get those.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
adam
"Alright for a one night stop"
Can't beat the location if you want to be in Charlotte Amalie. This was a one night stop for us after a week at a very nice vacation club across the water and the drop off was quite dramatic in terms of hotel and room quality. Overall suited our needs for one night and was fair for the price
1 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
"Good stay"
Windward Passage was a great stay. It was much larger than the previous hotels we stayed at on St. Thomas and in a great location. Charlie Amalie seems to be the heart of St. Thomas as the downtown district and had lots of shopping and dining during the day. At night Frenchtown has a fun atmosphere for going out. Both were a few minute walk from the hotel allowing to easily see the sights.
1 night trip with friends Dec 15, 2014
Shane
"The Best Location in San Thomas"
Good, but Need a better Fitness Center,
2 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
Florentino
"Pass on Windward Passage"
I cannot recommend this hotel. My wife and I stayed two nights on both ends of our Bareboat Charter to the BVI. Both nights were not pleasant: the first stay we discovered a broken bed frame which caused us to roll to the middle of the bed. On the second stay we had no hot water for our stay. They were working on the boiler which I understand happens sometimes but when we asked for a reduction in our rate due to the inconvenience we did not get any satisfaction. We also had two meals there and service was very slow even though there were only a few tables. Also a loud party until the wee hours of the morning at a private residence behind the hotel The only thing this hotel has going for it is that it is directly across from the ferry terminal which was convenient to our needs.
1 night romance trip Dec 9, 2014
Jeffrey
"great location"
the hotel is across the street from the ferry terminal. It was a perfect location. The rooms are outdated and the bed was not comfortable, but the location was worth it!
1 night romance trip Dec 13, 2014
"Ocean front hotel"
Very comfortable, quiet and cozy. Plenty of free parking space, pool was very nice, bar next to the pool, music around.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Boricua
"close to the downtown"
The Hotel is understaffed Poor pool location Does not have beach No much parking lots Not bad for the price
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
SABAH
The Islan is very nice but the Hotel no.the staff is not frenly and Work to slow.Sorry I prefer the nexo time comes to another place.
Other trip Dec 8, 2014
"St. Thomas, U.S.V.I."
The hotel was a disappointment. The hotel keys did not work, so you had to look for a maid or security to let you in. Tried numerous times to get working keys. We had two rooms, one seemed to be upgraded somewhat, with a flat screen TV, but the other had a panel missing in the bathroom door (no privacy)and the water in the bathroom needed to run so it wasn't brown. The location was good, right across the road, from the ferry to the B.V.I.
1 night family trip Nov 19, 2014