All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1301 Braeswood Blvd, Houston, TX, 77030, United States of America, ‏‎800-658-6760

Room was clean. Hotel is fairly close to Reliant Stadium and Rice University. Breakfast was underwhelming - grab some carbs and go.
2 night trip with friends May 16, 2014
"Needs some work"
The hotel is looking a little long in the tooth. There were multiple issues in the room (dinette was unclean, leftovers in the fridge), no shampoo in the bathroom, and the room wasn't cleaned once during a 4 night stay. On the plus side, the room was cheap, it was easy to get to, and the room itself was rather comfortably large. They seemed to be replacing all of the mattresses during my stay, so it may be in the middle of a larger renovation.
4 night business trip May 11, 2014
"cheap windows- noisy"
I couldn't sleep. Someone chatting from 1am -- 2am kept me up and I couldn't tell where the conversation was coming from. Was it from outside or from the hotel room below me? Regardless, the cheap windows were not soundproof and when I tried to open one, I couldn't' get it closed. The breakfast is simply oatmeal and breakfast bars. Cheap spot.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Jenny
I have stayed at this Hotel before and it has been ok. The price had jumped from last time, most likely because of the Rodeo. The Hotel could not provide me with a Key because their machine was down. This was very inconvenient . They did not seem to care. I went out for a late meal and informed them that I would be coming back. When I returned after 11:00PM the front door was locked and you needed a key to get in. There was no one at the desk and the phone at the in trance was not there. I knocked on the glass for a very long time before a security guard came and let me in. He had no idea of the problem and took a long time in the back figuring it out and getting a key to let me in to my room. What a pain.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2014
GM
not a good place to stay police were there arresting someone due to a burglary when we checked in windows in room don't lock did not feel safe!
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Med. Ctr. - Braeswood Blvd.
Tonya – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory. Guest safety is a top priority of ours, and we are making sure to take the proper actions to continue to keep our guests safe. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
1 night trip Feb 19, 2014
tonya
Everything was good, except there were some kitchen items missing. Can't drink coffee without any cups.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2014
R. Fontenot
The room was nice and clean and the service was good.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
Gerald Gann
"Shuttle service is VERY misleading"
The room was ok but I chose this hotel over others based on the complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius, but what it fails to state is that it only goes to the medical center - regardless of how close your desired destination is. I needed to go 3 miles away and they refused. When I explained the misunderstanding to the manager she said I should have called the hotel directly and not relied on expedia! Don't worry I won't make that mistake again.
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
Mel
Good for short visit to md Anderson. Breakfast is pretty minimal.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2014
great proximity to med district, but overall avg at best.
1 night trip Jan 2, 2014
For the price of the hotel, i would stay there again. We were 1 mile from where we needed to go at md anderson. I did not know this at the time, but someone told me extended stay gives a discount if you are there to visit md anderson.
2 night business trip Nov 3, 2013
jenny
Room was nice, much better than I expected from some of the other reviews. Overheard some other people complaining about the condition of their rooms, so I may been an exception. Also the treadmill was broken, and the breakfast was subpar even for a continental breakfast. Hotel staff mentioned that there would be a renovation starting next week, so the overall quality should improve.
2 night business trip Nov 4, 2013
"Disappointing, even for the price"
This hotel offered a low rate, a fairly convenient location, and the room was comfortable. This is the good news. Everything else was pretty bad. After checking in, I found that my non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes. I called the front desk twice to see about being moved. The first times I was left on hold indefinitely. The second time, the clerk told me she would call me back, and she never did. The room lacked some basic amenities, like shampoo or a working clock. The wireless internet was too slow to be useable. The fitness room had 3 machines, and 2 were out of order. And the breakfast was pathetic, even by hotel continental breakfast standards. I wish I had spent more and stayed somewhere else.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2013
"conference"
Very convenient to MD Anderson Cancer Center where the conference was holding.
3 night trip Oct 23, 2013
PA visitor
"Horrible place"
I honestly don't have much of an expectation of hotels, but this is one of the worst stays I have had. The staff is rude, the room isn't very clean, and the breakfast is a joke. I stayed because it was an easy walk to where I needed to go everyday, but would I stay there again or recommend it? No.
3 night trip Oct 7, 2013
If only the room reflected the same quality as the lobby. Rooms need updating!
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2013
"Poor"
Took an hour to get in our room and it was filthy.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2013
Beck
"Conveniantly placed"
Comfortable accommodating rooms. "Free Breakfast" was a joke. Granola bars, apples, and coffee.
2 night trip Oct 13, 2013
Not a bad place but: Hotel is very used. Good location if you need to be close to Medical Center. But past time for a redo. Mattress worn out, chairs worn out. carpet horrible. People that are sick also need a clean nice place to stay
3 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2013
D
"Would Not Recommend"
First of all, there was no room ready for us when we arrived. We had to go back to the car and wait for a room even though we had booked the hotel at least the week before. The front desk staff was so slow doing everything. They took no initiative to hurry even when there was a line of guests needing help. Also, they advertise a "free breakfast" every morning. Their idea of breakfast was granola bars and some old fruit. I'm sorry but that's not breakfast even if it is free. Very disappointing. Then as we were checking out trying to get our stuff to our car, the elevator was broken so we had to take everything (including my handicapped child) down the stairs which was a major pain. I will never be using this hotel again.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Med. Ctr. - Braeswood Blvd.
Devyn - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you did not have an efficient check in. In response to your feedback, I am retraining my staff to assure that the check in process is more efficient. Our grab-and-go breakfast was implemented for guest on the go that don't have the opportunity to use our fully-equipped kitchen but, I will submit your feedback to see what improvements we can make. I apologize that the elevators were not working the morning of your checkout date but we were able to get our elevator company to come and make the necessary repairs that same morning. Still, I am pleased to hear that our fridge and location were convenient for your stay. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip Oct 9, 2013
Devyn
"Disappointing, but close to hospital."
I understand this is an extended stay, but since it's one of the only hotels close to the hospitals, hotel amenities are also expected: lotions and mouthwash, customer service to get towels for the pool and dinner recommendations etc. I was disappointed. The hotel and rooms them selves were average as were the common areas. Cleanliness was subpar and the customer service was non-existent at best. The carpet in our room was sticky. It was gross. If my visit was for longer than two days, I would have found another hotel. Two days was too long in that place. Pre- packaged muffins and sludge for coffee is not continental breakfast, don't advertise it as such. I'm gluten free (not by choice).
2 night trip Oct 4, 2013
If you just want the basics, this is the place. We were visiting my son who attends a rice University. Definitely would stay again. Close to restaurants and shopping. Shout out to LaShonda who works at the front desk! She's amazing to work with!
3 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Mary & Bob
"Minimal, not as clean as you'd like."
Close to the med center- walking distance. But for a few nights stay lacks cleanliness, staff was not helpful when I arrived late at night they made me wait 30min to check me in and give me my key.
Other trip Sep 22, 2013
"Repurposed nursing home?"
Front desk isn't staffed 24 hours. On the third day the ancient shower head fell off the wall and the water would not turn off so the room started to flood. Noisy, and reeked of cigarette smoke. Nasty.
Other trip Aug 2, 2013
"Pleasant stay, friendly staff"
We had a very good stay and the hotel is in a great location for St Luke's Hospital, food outlets and grocery store. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and parking is convenient. The room was comfortable, except the bed was a little hard. We did have a drip with the kitchen faucet. Continental breakfast does not include toast, bagels, milk or juice. Overall we did have a good stay.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Med. Ctr. - Braeswood Blvd.
Rusty - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased to read your remarks about how friendly our staff was, how you liked our location and how comfortable your room was during your visit. However, I am very sorry that the mattresses were hard and the faucet leaked. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will inspect the faucets in all our rooms making repairs as needed. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 17, 2013
Rusty
Excellent
1 night business trip Jul 9, 2013
"Bad choice."
Generally dirty, staff rude, not much nice to say about this hotel.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Med. Ctr. - Braeswood Blvd.
Diana - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your stay with us was very unpleasant. In response to your feedback, I am proud to say that our property is being remodeled in the very near future. In the meantime, I will work with our entire team to revamp our cleaning and inspection procedures moving forward. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Diana
"Just fine another place, any other place"
I don't recommend this place. One lamp not working, one lamp not pluged in, one clock not working, another man's shirt still hanging on the bathroom door. But that's all ok, it wasn't until 12:30 in the morning and someone entered my room,with a key given them by the front desk, that I got a little upset. They were just as shocked as me. You should have seen the look on their face. The next morning,I went for coffee and couldn't get back in my room,maybe it was because they had rented it out to someone the night before.
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
dave
"Dirty"
The room was really dirty breakfast was only oatmeal and accommodations to bed for kids and two adults in the room was great but overall a very dirty room stains on the couch.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Med. Ctr. - Braeswood Blvd.
Claudia - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I was disheartened to read that your room wasn't cleaned in line with our company's standards. Please accept our apologies. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is reviewing our cleanliness policy and working to improve our cleaning procedures. The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Claudia
"Disappointing"
This is the first time we stayed in the Extended Stay chain. The overall area of the room is quite small. The carpet is sticky. There are juice marks on the shelf in the refrigerator. There are hairs in the bath tub.
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Med. Ctr. - Braeswood Blvd.
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that the carpet was sticky and juice marks on the shelf in the refrigerator. Please accept my apology. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will to make sure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Ross
"Decent and sufficient"
It was alright, can't really complain about too much other than the breakfast being very modest. The room was clean, odor and pest free. The only real complaint was the outside door closed too hard with a loud noise each time it closed. The room is clean, bed was comfortable, AC worked fine, nice flat screen TV, coffee pot and refrigerator, plenty of towels, clean bathroom, overall it would be easy to stay here for an extended period of time. The internet is slow, but free. They have a buy up plan to pay extra for faster service with the slower being adequate for email, but too slow to stream video. Breakfast is very basic, oranges, apples, coffee, milk, tea, granola bars, dried oatmeal bars, really just enough to get something in your stomach until you can get a real meal elsewhere. So basically not a luxury hotel but sufficient if you need something close, clean, safe and economical. I needed cheap and this fit the bill. Was worried it be too cheap and uncomfortable, but it was decent enough instead so yes I would stay here again. The parking lot is lit up at night and I never felt unsafe at an point. If your willing to downscale to save some money I'd say this is it. It won't be fancy, but you should be able to get by and still get decent worry free sleep.
2 night business trip May 15, 2013
"Nice, very convenient and close to hospital"
nice hotel, liked how close it is to Holcombe st, to the hospital
Response by Extended Stay America Houston - Med. Ctr. - Braeswood Blvd.
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Your comments in regards to our location are much appreciated. In response to your feedback, I would be delighted to have you as a guest again. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Other trip May 7, 2013
Our original room was dirty and the room we were put in was dirty as well. It had a dirty bandaid on the floor , the Internet wouldn't work and the bathroom was not clean. We will never stay at your hotel again.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
"Open the windows!"
Hotel room was filthy - stains everywhere, chairs and couch had food or who knows what on them all rubbed in, and the smell.... Unfortunately the windows would not stay open so to get some fresh air had to use a cup to prop open.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2013
"clean and quiet"
great hotel is perfect location! Will stay there again!
1 night trip Apr 25, 2013
izzy
This hotel had NO amenities - no shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. Soap only. Only one wastecan in the suite. No glasses, cups, etc. except the ones in the suspicious cabinet. The sheets on one of the beds I would be using to cover plants in cold weather. It was so dingy/yellow and thin it was pitiful! And there was one decaffinated coffee packet - no actual coffee. And when we tried to ring the front desk to request a wake-up call, there was no answer - I guess because it was after nine pm. The best thing was that it was 1/2 mile from MD Anderson.
1 night business trip Apr 24, 2013
no serviceware. No plates, cups, etc. We bought and left a knife. Ice trays broken. Water damage on the ceilings.
3 night trip Apr 11, 2013
"More than disappointing"
Trips to the front desk always resulted in a wait for the staff, who spent most of their time in the back room behind the desk, to recognize that someone was at the desk and needed service. The room had two lamps with burned out bulbs, there were only 2 coathangers in the "closet", the kitchen cabinets contained food crumbs from previous occupants, the microwave oven had dried food on its interior walls, and there was mold around the kitchen sink. The burned out lights were promptly replaced, and extra hangers were promptly provided, but the fact that these discrepancies had to be corrected after the room was rented rather than just after the last guest checked out of it tells me that he daily cleaning and maintenance staff don't apply a lot of diligence to their jobs. This Is apparently an old facility; either that, or it has been used hard and not maintained very well. Although I've given it a rating of 2, it really should probably be a 1. Although I only spent one night there, I cannot imagine staying in such conditions for an extended period of time. I will not subject my family to a stay in this facility again.
Other trip Apr 12, 2013
M.
"Houston"
Hotel was okay breakfast was okay, Area was not great 3 cars had all tires stolen
5 night trip Feb 10, 2013
Aaron
"Close to Museum Center"
I was at first hesitant about Extended Stay America because I was just going to stay for 2 nights and it seemed ridiculous to stay at an Extended Stay right? But I enjoyed the fact that it had two beds and a wonderful flat screen television. The front desk employees weren't too friendly when I was checking in or even when I called to inquire about some information. The microwave and refrigerator were not working but oh well. I did enjoy the location because it was close to the Museum/Art Community.
2 night trip with friends Jan 30, 2013
Roody
"Never recommend this place"
Never recommend anyone. The table was dirty with stains and no one really cared to check on service. The Front Desk service gave wrong keys and when called did not answer the phone and when I told her the same, she threatened not to scream, while she was the one screaming. I stayed because I paid.................
6 night trip Feb 3, 2013
Roger Portland
"Does the job!"
Everything was fine except the free breakfast ended too early.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013
"I would recommend it but depending on the person"
The room had a very pleasant configuration, it also had amenities such as a kitchen and refrigerator that I personally used and was thankful for their presence; the microwave wasn't working but I can't speak for all the rooms, I didn't receive any housekeeping service while I was in there but I didn't mind it, the breakfast was much better than the other extended stay hotels in houston that i have visited so it was a very pleasant surprise. The door to the bathroom didn't work, so as long as you don't mind this details, you should enjoy your stay.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
Ricardo
"Not again"
Absolutely no room service. Carpet was filthy and old. Kitchen(?) Flooring was sticky and bare feet not an option. the price for room was about three times what it should have been. I have stayed in bad, cheep hotels before, but never anything like this and especially at that room price! Rest assured , will never make that mistake again and will certainly spread the word. Have a good day.
4 night trip Nov 25, 2012
"Very dangerous area and rude hotel staff"
I hated it and did not appreciate how the hispanic girls treated me at the front desk like I was a bother and was especially rude when they messed up my dates and called my room asking if I was checking out yet. They were rude to my wife, my 3 year old daughter and myself. Also, many cancer patients stay at area hotels while getting treatment in the medical center and they had granola bars for breakfast and there was a lady who had all 4 tires taken from her car while staying there so I checked out early and went to MainStay Suites on Old Spanish trail and the price is $10 cheaper for a larger room, better food options and friendlier non racist staff.
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2012
"Restful and clean."
I was there on business so didn't spend much time in my room. It was fine except there was not silverware or pans in the room. The front desk gladly supplied these. My only complaint was that the mattress was very hard.
Other trip Nov 7, 2012
"Below Average"
Front desk never answer phone. Room was 80 degrees when we walked in and thermostat wasn't working. Sheets were "rough". Cigarette burns on toilet seats. No bottled water or amenities in room. Not very well laid out. Kitchenette sink sprayed water all over when turned on.
Other trip Oct 12, 2012
"very close to MD Anderson"
location is excellent
1 night trip Oct 7, 2012
"Not a great place to stay"
The shower was very i mean very nasty. The people above us you could hear them walking the ceiling sounded like it was going to come through. you could here every little noise from other rooms when the toilet flush when they take a shower and everything i would not recommend no one to stay here. The pics on the online are about this hotel is a complete lie it dosent look nothing like that at all.
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Good location, below average accomodations."
The location to the medical centers was great, but the room was sub-par. It had a funny smell and it was very outdated. But you can't expect much for the price. It suited my needs for a one night stay.
Business trip Oct 8, 2012