All hotels in Houston, Texas, United States of America
6800 Main Street, Houston, TX, 77030, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"much better hotel than expec had a wonderful stay!"
we stayed here originally to check out one of the schools I had been admitted to. having read previous reviews of the Wyndham here in Houston, I was a little bit skeptical about staying here, because some people had mentioned that this was below par for a typical Wyndham. However, my family and I were pleasantly surprised. The hotel exceeded my expectations, the rooms were recently renovated, and the service was excellent. in the same shopping center, there is a Pizza Hut which you can order from cheaper online, and also a LA Fitness, so cheers to you if u have a current membership. The front desk was very friendly, and the bell captain was very knowledgeable in the areas restaurants. there is a shuttle from the hotel that will take you to go get your groceries within a certain mile radius, I think it is about 2 miles. the wd a very pleasant stay at this hotel, and probably will stay here again next we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel, and probably will stay here again next time.
4 night business trip Apr 9, 2015
"Good hotel, clean, but could use some maintenance"
I had a great stay, the staff was really nice, and even went out of their way to inform me on things that could enhance my stay, and that there is just brilliant customer service. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. There are some minor maintenance issues I think should be addressed, such as the towel rack in the bathroom is hanging slightly away from the wall, and minor things like that. I also don't like to see dust in the air vent in the bathroom for exhaust, I think that should be cleaned to keep down the allergies and such that dust can cause, and it just looks icky.
Response by Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will share your comments with the staff and make the repairs that you reported. Thank you!
Other trip May 5, 2015
Keith
"Friendly, but very loud cooling fan."
The Wyndham -Houston Hotel was above average for staff attentiveness and friendly attitude, the shuttle drivers were above average for sure. There was only one let down and that was the cooling fan bearings obviously were at the end of life, as a light sleeper I had trouble getting to sleep. The cooling fan was very loud. Stayed April 29th through May 2nd. Business trip. Nice and helpful people to be sure.
3 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Michael J
"Hotel amenties"
perfect location for appointment with Dr.
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
Beth
"riz1000"
Overall the stay was ok. There were no USB ports in the room, charging a phone or an ipad at the same was not possible, I only brought one charger with me. The room had an alarm clock with a docking port for an iPhone 4 !!! what is this 2010 ?
4 night business trip Apr 20, 2015
Syed
"Clean comfortable friendly"
Visiting my son for his last concert at Rice University
2 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
Cheryl
"Wyndham Medical Center good value"
This was our second stay at this Wyndham. It is close to Rice University which is why we selected it. The rooms are fairly priced and have kitchenettes or kitchens which is convenient and provides more space. Beds are very comfortable, rooms quiet, staff pleasant but the desk staff is not the most competant and committed that I have ever seen. There is a shuttle that will take you places and pick you up and that is great and the shuttle drivers are the nicest people you can imagine and committed to making your stay the best. The location and the shuttle drivers really make the experience a repeat. They have a restaurant but we didn't use it. Room service however was good so I assume the restaurant is as well. Lots of medical center visitors and patients and I think the shuttle is great for them, nice service. I would stay there a third time.
Response by Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and will share your comments with our staff. Please come back again soon!
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
Penny
"The Green Machine"
I love the fact you are trying to be green, but you took away the towel I was going to re-use on the back of the bathroom door without leaving a replacement towel. I emerged from the shower at 3:30 am and noticed only one towel for two persons, I had to use face towels to dry off after I noticing my towel was missing.
Response by Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
We are sorry to hear that your towel was removed and apologize for the inconvenience. We have shared your comments with our staff in order to improve our service. Please come stay with us again!
Other trip Apr 11, 2015
Trent
"Hotel near Texas orthopedic hospital"
The hotel staff was phenomenal - from the bellman who greeted us and brought our bags in and up to our rooms was extremely nice, front desk was great throughout the stay and the bar tender the evening of Tuesday March 31st great, very accommodating! They made a tough long few days a little easier and we really appreciated it - we'd definitely chose them again!
Response by Wyndham Houston - Medical Center Hotel and Suites
Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will share your comments with our staff. Please come back soon!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Bryan
"Nice hotel, smells like cigarettes though"
This is a nice hotel, but I wonder if it used to allow smoking because the rooms smell like smoke. It's the second time I've stayed there in the past two months, and it was both rooms. Otherwise, everyone is very nice and helpful. Walking distance to medical center.
1 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
Meredith
Hotel clean but kitchenettes small with no utensils. Front desk and maids only doing their jobs because they have to. No newspapers or amenities of any kind in the lobby. Had to stay within the proximity of my meeting. Not bad hotel but have stayed in much cheaper and nicer hotels. Beds and linens clean and comfortable.
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
"MD Anderson Cancer Center visit"
Stayed for 5 days while visiting my grandson who is having proton radiation treatments. Staff was helpful arranging shuttle service to the proton center.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"Good Location"
Convenient location, clean, & quiet. Adjacent to Medical district. Close to NRG Stadium. Close to light rail transportation, which was great for getting around.
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Jacob
Overall, a very pleasant stay. Hotel is clean and the staff was great. Hotel is close to several attractions.
"Good hotel close to NRG Stadium for NCAA's"
Comfortable beds, offered shuttle service to NRG Stadium on Friday, as well as to and from local shopping.
Rob
"Not so impressed"
Checkin was easy and quick. However, not once did they offer to help me or my wife with anything without us having to ask. My wife had to check out by herself as I had a meeting to attend for work. And, while struggling with two little kids and all our luggage, none of the staff offered to help her load the luggage. Also, they called a cab for me in the morning and by the time I got down to the lobby the cab had left and they never notified me it was there and they did not know that it left. They then called another cab for me but by the time it came I was already late for my meeting. The tub did not drain well when taking a shower, so it was not nice to take a shower while standing in water. The next day water was still in the tub from them day before... Overall the stay was less than impressive, which is a big disappointment for a Wyndam hotel. I would not stay there again.
"Close to MD Anderson, courteous shuttle driver"
Comfortable and close place for family of cancer patients at MD Anderson
Other trip Mar 29, 2015
Gigi
"Nice Location, Clean, But Stinky"
We stayed for a few days over spring break. We biked from the hotel into Hermann Park and the museum district. We kept our bikes in the main room of a suite, which was convenient. The hotel is mostly ok, clean and quiet, comfortable beds. Only complaint is the air in the room, which ranged from stale to downright stinky. The windows don't open, so if the ventilation is screwed up, bad things happen. I could describe it as a mild sewage smell.
2 night family trip Mar 15, 2015
"Dissapointing"
Hotel was old and not so clean. Breakfast was extremely high priced for a cold buffet that had to be eating in a unlit room because there was a water leak the power was shut off.
1 night family trip Mar 7, 2015
"Close to Med Center and Rice"
Most of the guests are at the hotel because of the nearby hospitals at the Medical Center. As a result, many guests are there for longer stays, sometimes weeks. The staff is very friendly, often addressing people by name. They are also very helpful. They provide shuttle service to the Medical Center and to Rice University. They even helped me with a taxi from Rice University to the Airport at the end of the day (after I had checked out). The hotel used to be a Holiday Inn, and some of the ancestry shows through. It is a comfortable and convenient place to stay. The restaurant serves a proper breakfast (not continental), as well as lunch and dinner. You can even get a drink at the bar, if you want.
Other trip Mar 12, 2015
Edward
"Just OK"
I'd rate this a 3 star hotel. My first room was noisy (traffic and neighbors), smelled like smoke and the hall was musty. I asked for a higher room and they put me on the 12th floor. Better - no smell, though I did get to hear clearly the next door neighbor's entire phone call with his family Saturday morning about 7:30 for a half hour. Very thin walls. The cost is market though I'd prefer they just included parking ($8 per day) and the "tax and service fee" ($18 per day) in the price. I understand adding tax but I'm not sure what the service fee was other than an additional fee for nothing extra.
2 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Don
"The Best of the Best"
The Hotel Staff was wonderful! Our stay was great! Thanks to all of you!
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Pauline
"NICE CLEAN HOTEL"
HOTEL WAS CLEAN AND STAFF WERE FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL. THE ONLY FAULT IS PARKING. HAD TO PAY EXTRA TO PARK AND MAIN LOT WAS SMALL AND ALWAYS FULL. HAD TO PARK IN ANOTHER LOT AROUND THE CORNER. IT WAS A LITTLE CONCERNING WALKING AFTER DARK
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Tricked!"
Very comfortable bed and love all the pillows. Was surprised when I started the booking, the advertised price was $149. Had to pay $209. Rodeo or not, advertise the correct price on Internet!
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
Edith
"M D Anderson visit"
Going to M D Anderson Hospital. Hotel was in a good location and comfortable.
4 night business trip Feb 23, 2015
Debra
"Making MDA visits easier"
Perfect for MDA visits.
1 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
"A little on the loud side"
Biggest issues we had was upon arrival we were given the wrong room number so that was inconvenient. The other issue was the adjoining rooms, our neighbors came in at almost midnight and were rather loud and did not quiet down until after 1:00am.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good for the Price"
Hotel is in a great location near the arts district and museums. The walls are very thin and you do hear the doors open an shut. During our Saturday night stay it was pretty noisy from the floor above.
1 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Ideal hotel"
Clean most importantly. Bed was nice, no noise, enough towels, lots of space. No complaints.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
C
"ok"
Ran out of hot water. My kids took fast showers and then my turn i had no hot water. So to bed without a shower. I do not do that. I can not sleep without a shower.
1 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Cathy
"Close to key areas of Houston"
Easy to access off Main and Holcombe. Great location for museum district, zoo, Hermann Park, Medical Center such as MD Anderson. The room and beds were very comfortable. The parking felt less then secure, but adequate. The staff were friendly, but not as friendly as I have experienced at other Houston hotels in the area. But the beds...so cozy!
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Jeanne
"Don't get a room that has a pass-through door"
I usually like Wyndham Hotels, but this one is sub-par. The carpeting was dirty, someones nail clippings still evident. But the worst offense was being able to hear EVERYTHING said by the room next door through the closed door that is in place if you want to pass through to another room. Luckily they were only laughing and talking from 10pm-11pm then again 3:15am-4:15am instead of ALL night, but I'm pooped from lack of sleep. So make sure you don't get a room with a pass-through door - I didn't hear anyone else around me.
1 night trip Feb 20, 2015
Claire
i needed a soft bed for my back . Only hotel with one. Good was very, very good.
1 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
Delia
"All about the service!"
Loved the way staff was more than kind to everyone!
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
Lorie
"Nice hotel for convenience."
Convenience is the major factor. We stayed in Room 515 and it had a strange odour. The room was relatively clean but more attention needs to be given to the bathrooms.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Poor service"
We were there for 5 nights. On the first day, when we stepped into the bathroom, there was no bathing soap. In the second day, after they've cleaned up the room, they've taken away the water cups and did not put the new ones. They also did not refill the coffee bags in the room and the numbers of towels in the room were also decreased (only 2 left instead of 4). The carpet was not well vacuumed, there were some small pieces of dust and trash on it. In addition, we have asked the airline to send our luggage to the hotel. We have informed the night time front desk to inform us if the luggage arrived. But when we spoke to the daytime front desk in the next day. She has no idea what we were talking about. The night time person did not pass the information to the day time person. It made us feel that they don't pay attention to the customers' needs. Next time, I'd rather pay few bucks more to stay at another hotel near the medical center area (just on the next street). The service there is much much better.
5 night business trip Feb 4, 2015
"Parking"
I was disappointed to find out after I got to the hotel that I had to pay $8.00 a night just to park my car. I went out to dinner, returned to the hotel and couldn't find a place to park. The lot was full. I had to get the hotel manager to help me find a spot to park. I wound up parking my car along a curb. Not very happy about that.
Dennis
"Wyndham HMC"
I got a great deal through hotels.com and it was close to a funeral I had to attend. Nothing fancy but nice hotel and the beds were very comfortable. Great park in the medical center and close to the hwy.
2 night family trip Feb 6, 2015
Aaron
Wonderful staff! Walking distance from MD Anderson Mays Clinic. Shuttles to and from all Medical center hospitals. Very comfortable rooms. Extremely clean!
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Great location for area hospitals."
Everything was great except for the lady who checked us in. Rude doesn't even begin to describe her.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Two men at the front desk argued over who should check me in for my stay. It was extremely awkward and nonprofessional.
"Pay for parking????"
The stay was nice. The only complaint we had was with the parking - being charged $8 a day on top of a higher priced room was not a good thing. After including the cost of parking, and comparing area hotels, we found that we would have had a reduced cost by staying at the Hampton Inn Suites, and this would include the parking and gas to travel back and forth.
2 night family trip Jan 30, 2015
Ernie
Facilities were convenient, staff pleasant and our suite was comfortable.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
Lorraine
"Short stay"
Short biz trip to TX Hotel was functional, nothing special. Heat wasn't working properly. Very nice staff.
2 night business trip Feb 2, 2015
This hotel was close to where we needed to be. My only complaint was having to pay for breakfast. As much as I paid for the room breakfast should have been free and parking.
1 night family trip Feb 3, 2015
Billy
"Great location if visiting the medical center"
Great stay, very clean, will stay here again when going to MD Anderson
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
"Great hotel, especially at the discounted rate."
Excellent hotel with very friendly and attentive staff. Great parking available with reasonable rate.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Marita
Love the hotel. Bed was very comfortable. The only disappointment had was that I didn'thave a frig Iin my room. The parking lot was dark not enough lighting.
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
Marietta
"It could have been better"
The location, of course, was great! I had a family member in the Methodist Hospital. My disappointment was that the vending machine on my floor was out of order and I had to go down to front desk to purchase a soda. The sink in my room did not drain. Yukky! This was almost nauseating. The air conditioning unit was loud.
1 night family trip Feb 1, 2015
Phyllis
"Great Rest"
The stay was for an annual check up at MD Anderson. The hotel is near the hospital with a shuttle to take you there. I highly recommend the hotel. Three years ago the family stayed there when I had surgery. The room we were in had a kitchen with a separate sitting area from the bedroom. That made it comfortable for those who wanted to sleep and for others who wanted to stay up for a while.There's also eating places in walking distance. It makes it easy for those who don't want to leave the hotel.
1 night romance trip Jan 29, 2015