All hotels in Overland Park, Kansas, United States of America

"Suites"
The room had the home away from home feel !!! The bed wasn't as comfortable but was alright!!! I would most definitely stay there again!!! And staff was super !! Only thing went wrong was card keys wouldn't open door when I checkin, but girl at front desk was super professional in her job!!
Response by Extended Stay America- Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay, Gwen. I am proud of our team for making your stay a pleasant one, however I am sorry that the bed was not as comfortable for you and your keys did not work properly upon checking in. We will use your feedback to make necessary changes to improve our guests' experience. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 night business trip Dec 14, 2013
"Convient location, safe neighborhood"
Very reasonable price, good attentive staff, great for 3-4 day stay or longer. Breakfast coffee was not very good. Quiet.
Response by Extended Stay America- Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Laura - Thank you for your positive review of our property. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff. Please accept our apologies about the coffee. We love to here the comments from our guest, to help improve our brand. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night trip Dec 5, 2013
Laura Taylor
Breakfast was not much. Limited choices. No milk or juice.
1 night trip Nov 25, 2013
"Best Customer Service!"
I stayed here after another hotel starting with the letter M wanted to charge me two Benjamins for a single night, even though I was already staying there for two nights. While I can't say that the Extended Stay America's comfort compared to Marriott's, they had much, much better customer service, which says a lot about the people who work at Extended Stay. The night clerk, Mel, was super friendly on arrival--much welcomed after a day of driving, and the next morning, they gave me a late check out, no problem. The room was also nice--a couch, a recliner, a king-size bed, and a fully stocked kitchen with a full-size refrigerator, two stove burners, a microwave, and a dishwasher. Wow!
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Allison
Very very friendly and very clean
4 night trip Sep 30, 2013
Sarah Beaman
This location is close to the interstate in a quiet neighborhood. Front counter customer service check-in was quick & courteous. I received a call from the same front desk associate confirming my room was clean and in good order. I would tell you the Value was quite good. Room is comfortable including a sitting area + a kitchenette with ready to use utensils. I will definitely be back.
1 night business trip Sep 17, 2013
"An inexpensive place to stay"
The rooms were clean, it's obvious that they tried to renovate this hotel, but they chinced in a few areas. The laminate table under the TV had a few big chips out of it and there were cigarette stains in the sink. I asked for a room with a strong wifi signal....it was near the front desk, so I knew there would be a noise trade off , unfortunately the wifi signal was non-existent! Oh, it showed full strength, but a speedtest only rendered .04Mbs, not enough to update Facebook or even Google anything...you could PAY for a stronger signal, but considering the free signal didn't work, I wasn't going to waste my money. On the positive side, it's near a lot of great shopping, just South on Medcalf are several restaurants and popular stores. There were several other hotels next to it though, and in hindsight I should have paid $20 more to get a nicer stay. The staff was courteous enough, when you could find them.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
T Clayton
Stayed here once before and everything about the rooms seemed identical except the wifi in the 1st floor room worked fine but on the 3rd floor it barely worked at all.
5 night business trip Aug 25, 2013
"Very nice hotel"
It was a great hotel, very clean. The staff was excellent!
Response by Extended Stay America- Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making your stay a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for your review.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Large rooms"
Very nice.
2 night trip May 24, 2013
PL
"Friendly staff only positive of this stay"
Positives: Hotel staff. Friendly and professional. Location: Easy access to interstate. Negatives: Smell: Walked off the elevator and was immediately hit with a strong urine odor. Noise: Doors down close without you having to give them a good push. Walls are paper thin. I could hear every conversation coming from the room next to me. Room: Awkward setup. There was about 10 inches from the end of the bed (queen) to the wall. Bed was probably the most uncomfortable I've slept on in a hotel. Toliet was not working right. Had to take off the lid and jam the stopper down to allow water to fill the tank. Shower was bad. Took about 10 minutes to get it to work. Drain kept closing, had to hold the lever up to get water to come out of shower head. Overall, I was very disappointed.
Response by Extended Stay America- Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the issues you had are truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have taken all actions to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Other trip May 27, 2013
"Close to resturants and shopping"
Small rooms but overall decent stay
3 night trip Apr 19, 2013
Bed was like concrete and there was no free breakfast only coffee and packets of oatmeal. Won't be staying there again. Only upside was the location.
1 night family trip Apr 20, 2013
"Decent, but not all the comforts"
Overall, the place was decent, especially for the price we got on Hotels.com. It was just off the highway and not far from attractions. The front desk was friendly, but it was nearly vacant around there. The room was clean and it was great to have a small living space and kitchen when traveling with kids. However, it would have been nice to have at least a bar of soap or small bottle of shampoo in the room. And the kitchen is not well stocked. We only had one cup, no utensils, no ice, and one pack of decaf coffee. Just make sure you bring whatever you need or ask for it ahead of time.
1 night family trip Mar 18, 2013
Palm Clan
"Great hotel for ANYONE!"
I always try to stay here when I know I'm doing business in Kansas City. It's location is perfect and the rooms with the king beds are like suites....for half the price. I like that the front desk people 'recognize' me.....it seems like they keep an eye out on me when I come in.
Other trip Feb 5, 2013
Jan
"Deluxe Inn..NOT SO MUCH..."
Very close to my convention. That is the good news...Bad news...Kitchen was laid out horrible...you needed to be lefthanded to cook and be able to stand on one leg. The wi-fi signal was very weak, could not get much work done. The maid would wake us up at 7:55 each morning to ask if we are checking out. Very small bathroom area, very little horizonal space. Oh yeah, the temperature control was not functioning properly, the temperature would be either to hot or to cold.
1 night business trip Dec 30, 2012
Paducah Bill
"Deluxe, not so much"
I am on the road 30 weekends @ year, this was my first ESA-Deluxe. If they are all like this location, I am not staying! I stayed in a King Suite. If you wanted to cook, you need to be left handed and must be able to stand on one leg. Kitchen/cooking area laid out horrible. The bathroom sink area was much smaller than others. The wi-fi signal was weak and the IP told me that it most be my equipment...NOT...it was just a very poor signal from their router. And last but not least...the maid knotted on the door at 7:55 each morning, and inquires if you are staying or checking out.
2 night business trip Dec 28, 2012
Paducah Bill
"a nice hotel"
a clean, safe place to stay a day or longer. Breakfast not served on weekends to our supprise.
Other trip Dec 10, 2012
"Overpriced for my stay, unclean, needs remodeling"
The hotel needs a remodel. The bathroom was dirty, a brown ring around the caulking of the bottom of the toilet and mold on the shower tile grout. Towels were thin and small Furniture was old and the appliances in the kitchen were old with a broken microwave. I had to ask for utensils and there was not a lot of stuff for cooking in the kitchenette. It was overpriced for the hotel location and type...there is nothing "deluxe" about the place.
Other trip Nov 24, 2012
SG
"Horrible stay experience"
There was a cocroach behind the toilet when I went into the bathroom. It was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in and the whole hotel had a smell that I can only describe as a funk.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2012
Wendy
They was very willing to let us stay longer than the check out time , nice separation from the bedroom and living room
1 night trip Oct 13, 2012
Bayo
"Safety for a single women"
Safety for a single women in a strange city. The convenience of the breakfast and the evening meal means not having to go out alone in a strange city to find a place to eat.
Other trip Oct 3, 2012
"Good and Bad"
Pros: Hotel is just off main highway, but not so close that you hear it all night. Restaurants, supermarket, shopping nearby. Staff friendly. Cons: No control of heat or A/C either you freeze or sweat and bed near vent unit. Wireless Internet connection poor and inconsistent even when paying for upgrade to high speed.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012
Travelguy368
"Never again"
I was extremely disappointed in my room. No mattress pad on bed, you could see the mattress through the thin sheet! Bed spread very dirty. No place to put your clothes. People smoking and drinking beer outside front door every evening.
13 night trip Aug 15, 2012
GOOD
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2012
Terry
good
1 night trip Aug 18, 2012
Terry

"business stay"
Small crowded room and noisy customer traffic frequently in hallway at late hours. Noise not really hotel's fault, but a lot of inconsiderate guests here. advertized breakfast included was sparse selection.
Response by Extended Stay America- Kansas City - Overland Park - Metcalf
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am sorry to hear about the noise issues you experienced, I will make sure our staff knows how to best handle guest disturbances moving forward. In response to your feedback about our grab-and-go breakfast, we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel so we appreciate your comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
1 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Good Value - Needs Better Maintenance"
Good location. Competitive rates compared to neighboring properties. Friendly staff, but some problems with phone and plumbing that didn't get addressed.
4 night business trip Jan 28, 2013