All hotels in Kapaa, Hawaii, United States of America
3-5920 Kuhio Hwy, Kapaa, HI, 96746, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
"Too bad this hotel is so neglected. It could real"
This hotel could be very nice if someone pumped some bucks into it. Great location, overall poor condition.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
"Great location to beach and town..protected swim"
Can't open the sliding door so corroded, desk in front of slider made it difficult to see out or open the slider, windows so old couldn't see through them, building is falling apart around them, facility is not maintained, no dinner in the restaurant, no business room for computer/printer, poor maid service, asked for shampoo and towels, no liners in garbage cans, ad said free parking but not true.. Had to pay for it,
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
d& b
"Nice beach location"
Good beach if you have kids - safe swimming area.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Billo
In need of major update. General pickup around the grounds would help
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Inexpensive and on the beach"
I stayed at this hotel for 4 days in mid February. I believe they started renovations in January and were almost finished when I was there. Everything here is open air (the lobby and hallways) but I always felt secure. The Pacific Ocean is maybe 150 yards behind the hotel. I would stay here again. My only complaint was the breakfast and lunch food. Mediocre and overpriced.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice place to stay if you're planning three or fou"
The check in was excellent, the hotel staff was very nice and helpful. Television reception was not the best unfortunately.
Art M.
"Excellent location - good value"
We enjoyed our time at the Aston - it was close to an awesome kid park and fantastic beaches. My kids loved the hot tub. The pool was small and unfortunately not heated. So we just went to the beach most of the time. Our room was basic but what I expected for such a good price. Breakfast was tasty and the staff at the Aston were super nice. Our window was VERY hard to open but my husband finally got it - the room overlooked a park and a peek at the Pacific. All in all it's a nice family place if you are on a budget. The location is excellent. Chickens are *everywhere* on Kauai. This place is no exception.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
Jane
"over priced for having ants"
There were ants on the coffee table running around everywhere
1 night trip with friends Feb 11, 2015
"Dissapointed"
The Hotel is in MUCH need of repair. The roof shingles are coming off the buildings, the canvas awnings are rotten and tearing apart. They charge $131.00 for parking, movie rentals, 4 slices of fruit and coffee daily, wifi and internet service. The room was cleaned and we received fresh towels daily. I would not book this hotel in the future.
7 night trip with friends Feb 2, 2015
Rebecca
"Ashton Aloha concerns"
hotel needs refurbishing badly. lots of rust and chipped wood. also chairs in dining room need recaning.
1 night romance trip Feb 7, 2015
"Cheap and easy and relatively good"
The rooms look nice at first glance but on further inspection they are in need of repair. However, for the price we paid we aren't complaining. The bed was comfortable and clean and the AC worked great. The location was convenient from the airport and there is a nice beach out back. Basically, Don't pay a lot. don't expect a lot. Satisfactory.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Jacob
"First Impressions Matter!"
When we arrived late at night after flying for 12 hours, my family was exhausted. We found out that the room we had initially booked was not the room they had ready for us, so I requested another. I asked if we could possibly change the room and the front desk lady seemed irritated that I asked. I apologized and tried to explain why we needed a King bed because my husband is very tall. She was extremely rude to me and my 13 year old son who was standing there and told me that she had a King suite but 'where do you want your kids to sleep?' I explained that I thought there were pull-out couches and that would be ok. That's what we originally booked and I had thought I read it online as an option. She caved in and changed the room, which seemed odd to me that she didn't know what her hotel offered and that she was having me problem solve the non-issue for myself. Then, when we went back down to ask for pillows and blankets, she explained that she wasn't allowed to give us more pillows and informed us she 'didn't know where the blankets were' and handed my son a couple sheets instead. The next day, my husband went downstairs and spoke with someone else who was very apologetic, gave us plenty of pillows and blankets and looked inquisitively at us when we explained what happened. Unfortunately, that was not our only run-in with this initial staff person. After that, I was leery of all the staff there, which isn't fair to them at all! First impressions matter!
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
The location was good and centrally located for touring the island. Definitely 70s style but a great view of the ocean at a reasonable price.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Cottage rooms"
I'm a world traveler and I believe I know hotel rooms, this place is in very much need of a makeover, carpets are stained and filthy, the interior and exterior paint is filthy, the maid tries to keep the bathrooms clean, but their just so outdated. The beds are hard and the sheets and quilt are out dated and although washed their just dirty and stained and have wear holes in them. The TV's are old technology and have a hard time changing channels, really need to be replaced. Please don't eat at the on-site restruant, its not what you would expect form Hawaii, drive a few short miles into town for food. In my opinion, the only real saving feature of the property is the three minute walk to the beach. I bet when the place was first constructed in the middle ages, it was a top notch resort, but for now its the dumps in massive need of a total gut and rebuild. Might even be a good idea to doze it all down and start over. Sorry for the rant, hope they remodel as soon as the management says they are going to.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Mr. Traveller
"Nice Hotel and Great Location."
Had an ocean view with a beautiful view of the sunrise every morning. Enjoyed the fruit plate at breakfast. The hotel is starting their renovation and should be done by next year. They told us they will be doing a wing at a time. We plan to come back when they are all done. We enjoyed are stay there.
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
SR
"Close to a beautiful beach"
The rooms are very big and there is everything you might need: refrigerator, TV, hair blower, electric iron, ironing-board. But everything quite run-down.
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
"Awful!"
We didn't get the room that was described to us. Instead of a king size bed we got tow twin beds. The room had ants and cockroaches in it. The refrigerator made loud noises keeping us from sleeping. The air conditioning had no thermostat. The pool wasn't heated. The entire hotel dated. The staff tried to come into the room to clean without knocking before we left. I couldn't wait to leave! If they rebuilt the entire hotel I would go back!! The location is amazing!!
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015
Christina
"All around nice hotel and a great price!!"
I was very relaxed and very nice! The people are very nice and show a lot of aloha spirit! I also like the DVD box to rent movies for free.. I'll have to stay again as I didn't get to use the hot tub and pool...
Other trip Jan 15, 2015
thomas
"Great room by the beach!"
Room was great, hotel security and restaurant staff were so nice! But the front desk not so much. Pool super cold clean kept, hot tub great!
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
hope
"Great location and price.... the facilities...eh"
The location and price of the hotel were great! The cleaning staff did a good job and the rest of the staff was really nice and attentive. The place is in dire need of updating and aside from the two pools and hot tub, many of the other amenities were in bad shape. The tennis court had no net and was closed up, the work out facility was little more than a room at the back corner of the resort a broken weight machine, a stationary bike and a scale. It still served good purpose of giving us a clean and inexpensive room to stay in that was in a great location to tour Kauai
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Jeremy
"aurai"
it was good.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
"A picture is worth 1000 words"
And the pictures must have been taken 20 years ago. This property is run down, filthy and rarely cleaned. The hallways are stained, never vacuumed and the furniture is 10 years older than it should be and belongs in a frat house. There are ripped couches in the hallways, many rooms are simply screwed shut with brackets and the outside is filthy. We wouldn't swim in the pool, the "koi ponds" and full of muck and algae and the chairs are ripped and damaged. We felt like we had been had soon after arriving as the pictures posted makes it look like a tropical paradise. They no longer provide towels for the pools, the restaurant is a bunch of 6-8ft folding tables and chairs and the poolside snack bar hasnt seen daylight in years. The staff was nice, which is nice, but you have to feel bad for them. The owners and management of this property obviously could care less how it looks. The "ocean view" we paid an extra $18 a night for was also a sham. It faced the ocean- yes- but you couldn't see or hear it. It's some 600 yards away on the other side of a grassy hill and state park. We spent as much time out of the room as possible and would never return and strongly DO NOT recommend.
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
michael
"Rooms need upgrading"
Charged $18.00 a day for mandatory amenity of which I used 3 (Wi-Fi, 2 free DVD rentals & fruit dish) of 7 items I HAD to pay for newspaper, parking, safe, coffee. The TV was old and defective (manufacture in the 90's) with 3 inches of the top screen showing retrace lines with a very poor picture quality. The room had a very moldy smell and it was cold. The ac would not turn off and I had to call maintenance The grounds were beautiful and I did have an ocean view.
2 night trip Jan 3, 2015
Monique
"Room was clean, needs some general maintenance"
Buffet was not great and needs some variety for the cost, blue tickets are a joke!
"Spectacular sunrise!"
This was just an overnight before checking into our timeshare condo, but it was a perfect location to get the feel of Kauai, very tropical setting, beach outside your door, local park with protected swim area & amazing sunrise. It's not a 5 star but very nice and well worth the reasonable price.
Vicki
"Disappointing"
Run down and outdated... Only stayed one night and did not use any facilities or amenities.
Other trip Jan 12, 2015
"you get what you pay for"
not enough staff at front desk , they provided you with 2 towels when we had 4 people in a room. needs some fixing up/updating/painting etc.
5 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
The location and the view is excellent, however. this resort needs a face lift. There are so many things good, but it needs a paint job for starters. The wood work needs to be refurbish and new carpets would help. My wife and I loved the room, very spacious, the pool area, and the gardens were beautiful. An up date on the restaurant would be a good idea. On the other hand, the staff were wonderful, friendly, and very helpfull
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Stay far far away."
Basically this hotel is supposedly being updated to be completed in 2016. But better wait and see. Because for now it is filthy and in horrible need of repair. Every aspect is bad. From the dusty blankets to the scummy windows, to the rusted over broken down gym equipment, my recommendation is stay far far away. The staff is nice, but I don't care for a filthy room and bedding.
4 night romance trip Dec 30, 2014
Jodi
"Not a great hotel."
The room was clean and the staff were friendly. What we didn't like about the hotel: * They don't provide beach towels. * The pipes in the bathroom would make this high pitched noise that continued through the night. * No usable plug points near the beds. * No microwave in the room. This was the only hotel available on a last minute booking so we were fine with it. But given a choice we wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Jan 6, 2015
JJ
"hotel is terribly run down. deferred maint everywh"
confusion at check in re expedia deposit we checked out I day early and never got a receipt we are going back to demand one
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
merle
The HOTEL needs repair. Only one ice Machine was working in the middle wing 3rd floor. The sliding glass window was very hard to open in room. We stayed in room 1114. It was very nice to by so close to the beach.
Other trip Jan 3, 2015
Frank M.
"tremendous lack of maintenance with a scary feel."
Definitely needs renovation. Lot of rooms are not in use. They are locked off that expresses a scary feel. I was told new company would take over management next year. Hope they bring it up to speed as there is lot of potential. Amazing land and landscape can be wonderful if maintained. Currently we would not go back as it is dirty and scary.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Horrible. I found 1 cocoorouch in my bathroom. They change room and then it was eith mold. Very dirty. They have a green lake dirty as well.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
"Would definitely stay here again!"
Spent three nights at the Aston Aloha Beach Hotel the first few days in December, and would definitely stay there again. We were upgraded to an ocean view with a kitchenette (microwave, fridge, sink, and toaster), which was wonderful! The room does need updating (which I think they are in the process of doing), but apart from a couple lights in the kitchen that didn't work, and a refrigerator (built into the kitchen cabinets) that didn't work, everything else was fine. There was a second refrigerator in the room as a replacement for the one that didn't work, so that wasn't an issue. Received a free newspaper early each morning, which was nice. My husband loved that there was a small 'sitting area' with a loveseat and coffee table, and also a small kitchen table with chairs. And best of all, the beach is within easy walking distance.
Other trip Dec 22, 2014
Lolly
"Aging Aston"
A grand hotel, once upon a time, but now sadly run down. Elegant wrought iron railings now rusted and crumbling, much like the artistic and obviously expensive outdoor lanai furniture - of aluminum alloy which does corrode. I understand an extensive renovation is planned - but when?
3 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014
charles
"nice getaway"
nice hotel and less chicken noise
1 night trip Dec 12, 2014
Ranma
"hidden jewell"
Very enjoyable stay with the beach close to the hotel. Very nice courtesy staff.
1 night trip Dec 11, 2014
Ranma
"Old place that has potential with alot of TLC"
This was probably a really happening place in the 70's! It needs some serious TLC to bring it back to a really quaint old Hawaii charm. They could wipe down all the cobwebs on the light fixtures inside and out, remove the carpeting and that may help somehow get rid of the musty old smell in the rooms. It is in a neat location next to a great family friendly beach park with great facilities. Has potential to be a great hotel for families.
1 night romance trip Dec 6, 2014
Roberta
""Shabby-chic""
Hotel is old and shows it. The pool snack bar is now closed and restaurant is not open for dinner, forcing us to get in the car and drive to find food after traveling all day. Aston needs to really look at this hotel for future upgrades.
1 night romance trip Nov 25, 2014
Martha
"relic whose time has come to an end"
I never realized this hotel was in such shambles. ponds full of green algae o dried up. grounds overgrown. almost everything of past beauty closed up or needing to. This place should not be allowed to advertise as though it is fully functioning
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
"Great value for price"
Great value for price
1 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"AWESOME STAY @ THE ALOHA ASTON"
THE STAFF WAS AMAZING!!! THANK YOU ASHLEY, SHE WAS VERY HELPFUL AND SHOWED THE HAWAIIAN HOSPITALITY.... THE SECURITY, ROOM CLEANERS WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL... THANK U...
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
jana
It was a good place to stay for what we needed. It was close to a beach and to the airport.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great location, end of compliments"
You couldn't ask for a better location on Kaua'i. The beach is very nice. Easy ride to either Poipu or Princeville. But the hotel is in very sorry shape. Crumbling walls, filthy sliding glass doors, old and dirty and very worn carpeting in the hallways, old furniture in the rooms. The water in the koi pond is so dirty that you can barely see the fish. The TVs are old clunky relics with fuzzy pictures on some channels. And for the $18 per day amenity fee, they don't even provide a beach/pool towel, but the wide selection of new-release DVDs was much appreciated. This hotel is in dire need of serious upgrading and maintenance. Remember, you get what you pay for.
Other trip Nov 21, 2014
james
"WONDERFUL HOTEL"
STAFF IS MAGNIFICENT. ROOM IS BEAUTIFULLY CLEAN AND NICE.
Big John
"The hotel really needs to be updated."
The hotel check in clerk was very accommodating and pleasant. We were told that our room was updated to a cottage. Cottage was awful. Asked to change to a room. Room was old looking, rusting walls, carpet smelly and old. Bed was ok but old. Towels looked used had to request for clean towels. Did not have a pleasant feeling of staying in the room. The overall look of the place is not "Kauai", welcoming! I was very disappointed. Nothing much to offer as far as dining or entertainment. It could be a really nice place to stay.
"good location"
location was good, the staff was great. The beach was close and nice but the hotel was old and needed updating.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
k
"Quiet setting"
Nice quiet setting. Complementary fruit plate was meager, so don't expect it to satisfy your breakfast needs, but they do have good breakfast options. I wished they had a fitness center.
1 night business trip Nov 4, 2014
"Awesome customer service"
Customer service was Awesome and the room was Awesome. We had a ocean view and that view was so romantic and also the chickens that roam are just great. Really enjoyed our stay and would return.
3 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014