All hotels in Santa Monica, California, United States of America
1740 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA, 90401, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"great hotel, great location"
Great hotel, just one street from the beach, about 4 block from 3rd Street Promenade. Very attentive personel, very helpful and nice. Not too many people at the pool, well maintained. Internet access was really slow, but free. (It is supposed to cost a daily fee but this was waived without even asking for it)
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Alexander
Great hotel and Daniel the assistance manager was great.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Karla
"Great overnight stay!"
I just stayed overnight with my daughter, and I relay wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel is situated right next to a beautiful beach, and a few minutes walk from the Santa Monica Pier. We loved it. Shopping and a lot of options for dining at walking distance. The room was spacious, clean and the bed very comfortable! I will definitively stay in this hotel when I go back, and will highly recommend it to my friends!
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Mirella
"Very satisfied"
Great location, pleasant staff
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
Dale
Almost 5 stars! Excellent!
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Patrik
"Excellent customer service."
Marriott never fails. Excellent service.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Alona
"Great for business or pleasure!"
Prime location right on the beach and all the hotel staff was super friendly and attentive! Room decor was a bit dated but it was very clean and comfortable. The pool was the best part. Make sure to go to Cora's for breakfast. Right next door to the hotel. So goooood!
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Theodore
"short walk to Santa Monica pier and the beach!"
Great hotel, very accommodating. We arrived in a slightly larger vehicle than their parking garage could handle. They made a special spot just for our vehicle. Close to the beach and the Santa Monica pier!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Claudia
"Great Hotel Experience"
Perfect place to stay! The location was exactly what we were looking for
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
aside from the slow check-in and the high price for auto parking in addition to the rom cost the hotel was very nice
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
dan
"Jw Marriott?? Not this location..."
Worst experience! Wasted money!!! Bad customer service!! Wanted quite night to myself but I ended being worse than staying home. 2things ! It was loud til 3 in the morning n maids wanted clean at 8 in the morning??? I checked in at 10:30 pm! My check is at 11 am, not 8am!
1 night trip Jun 22, 2015
"Won't be back"
We enjoyed our stay because of it's awesome location, but for the price we were definitely expecting more. We requested two beds, but the hotel only had a king size bed available. With no windows that open or patio, we couldn't enjoy the ocean breeze from our room. A jacuzzi would be awesome, and a continental breakfast even better
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Alicia
This is a great hotel, very close to the beach and beautifully maintained. We will stay here again when we are in Santa Monica.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Perfect hotel"
Was there for father's day with my family. location was perfect hotel was very nice and very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Jose
"No Free Wifi but nice hotel"
It's a nice hotel located in a great area. There is no free wifi which was a big bummer. For as nice as this hotel is, there should be free wifi.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Gosh - couldn't have been better"
checked in sort of late 10PMish after a long flight from Hawaii - was hungry and was pointed to some of the local eateries that were still open - did the Italian restaurant just down the street - it was great - i was homey in lieu of the posh posh restaurants. room was big and roomy - everything very clean - I asked to get free WI-FI and it was given to me without blinking an eye - Just seemed so natural for everyone there to genuinely make sure that i had a pleasant stay, i didn't feel it was fake - real genuine.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Andrzej
"Romantic night at the beach"
Wanted a nice clean hotel near the beach. This was exactly what we were looking for
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Not free wi-fi, its really bad."
Nice Hotel! Not free wi-fi, its really bad.
2 night trip with friends May 31, 2015
"SM stay"
Nice place to stay, limited view
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"MEOW - do not stay here"
The room smelled of cats and chemicals
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Bad service, good location"
Nice location and the hotel itself was solid. Comfortable beds. Service was pretty lousy, though. Employees said 'good morning' as required but at the bar & restaraunt disappeared constantly.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Not kids friendly"
The hotel is not kids friendly. They make us wait almost 3 hours with a baby for our room. They didn't allow us to stay 30 more minutes (late check out) when our baby girl was taking her nap. Definetly they don't care about custumers. I do not recommend this hotel with you go with kids.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Tacila
"Marigot"
Excellent. Have stayed here before
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Pedro
"Great Hotel!"
Excellent customer service. Check-in was at 3 but we called that morning and said we were going to be early. We arrived at noon and they had the room ready for us. The location was great; short walk to the pier and Promenade St. It was very nice to valet our car and not have to get it again until check-out.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Brendan
"Great price, great location, mediocre hotel"
Lots of service issues here. Definitely not a JW Marriott quality property. More like just a Marriott experience. No shampoo in the room, no ice machines available, coffee service in the lobby was always empty (even the front desk warned us at checking that the coffee service was usually empty). Checked me out after 1 day of a 2 day stay and had to re-check in. Maid service would enter the room without knocking even when we had DND sign on the door. To top it off, our room was right above the lobby and loud partiers keep us up until wee hours of the morning. Great location, great price, mediocre hotel.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"JW Marriott"
Great stay except the parking.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
kevin
"business"
Too small of a room. I wanted two double beds and got a king and roll a way. Too cramped.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Perfect."
Perfect location steps from the beach and a very short walk to the pier and promenade. Hotel staff was very friendly and went out of the way to greet us, provide water, smile and talk about our day etc as we came and went. This will be the first place I consider staying next time in Santa Monica.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
"Hidden fees"
Too much money for the quality of the hotel. I paid $35.00 for parking. I was not told this till after I paid.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Maurice
"Santa Monica great to visit"
Visiting family In a room facing street--very noisy Given a room on 6th floor far down the corridor The charge for wifi extremely high Always cleaned well Pool and outside area wonderful
7 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Annette
"Nice Hotel with an great location"
The hotel is lovely, lobby very comfortable for morning coffee. Coffee is great! Location close to beach, shopping and downtown Santa Monica. Although I found the hotel pleasing, I must admit the hallway noise travels right through your door. Not sure why, or if it is correctable by Marriot, but it can be disburbing. It is not a matter of being a light sleeper. You can hear walking (or worse kids running), conversations of other guest going to their rooms. It is as if your door is open. The hotel was very quiet once all guest got to their rooms, it was not that you heard noises through the walls or ceilings. It was only noise going through the door. I would stay their again, but request a different room, in case it was just that particular room.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
No drawer space.....lived mostly out of my suitcase.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
The staff was wonderful. They were very welcoming and eager to please and serve. The location was very good.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"JW Marriott - Spring Break"
The hotel staff was exceptional. The price to room quality ratio was average to poor. Our room was tucked away on the second floor and really needed an update. Great access to Santa Monica beach and shopping. More of a business hotel that a vacation get away.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Greg
"Fun in the city"
Had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Would rather have had a room with a pool or courtyard view but they were booked due to the kids choice awards. Although when I checked in I was not told about the hours for breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. The girl was quick to give me my room. Just one complaint. There was water damage on the ceiling that looked like it had been somewhat repaired but not painted over. So I was a bit nervous due to the damage being over the bed. Overall very nice room.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with a very friendly staff!"
Beautiful hotel that isvery close to the beach and pier. The staff is very friendly and help plan where to eat and where to see all the fine attractions of Santa Monica
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
david
"Lovely room for a stay in Santa Monica"
Quick in and out stay for business but very nice accommodations so I wish I was able to stay longer to appreciate the amenities.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2015
Debra
"Nothing special"
We requested a king, but they gave us two doubles - no that cozy for our romantic getaway. Hotel is old. Parking is ridiculous - $35! Location is fine - in the heart of bustling Santa Monica. Overall, it was fine, but nothing to write home about.
1 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
"Perfect little getaway"
Nice hotel. I'd stay there again. Perfect for birthday getaway.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
disney fan
"Marriott SMO"
Great location and friendly staff. Only drawbacks we're, no fresh air and vacuuming at 0800 Sun. morning. No ability to open a window or get fresh air at a beach hotel, not even a bathroom fan. Cleanliness is great, but waking to a vacuum and then hearing it for nearly 30 min. in the hallway was not great.
1 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Gene
"Great location and amazing staff."
The hotel is walking distance to both the beach and the promenade. Had a wonderful stay, I can't complain.
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Very nice place with everything you need, except a hot tub. No complaints.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Over rated!"
Lots of age on the property. especially the carpet. Only stay there if you get a good deal. Not worthy of 4 stars. Nice staff but too much wear and tear on the rooms and floors. Horrible odors in halls.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Arrived to check in at 3pm and was told that 6 was the earliest my room would be ready. The nicest most efficient staff were the valets. Not up to JW standards.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Nice personnel at this hotel"
Stayed for the weekend getaway. The service was very kind and hospitable. Very kind older man working the front door helping with our bags and seemed he really cared. Location was very good as it was walkable to the mall and pier. Will stay again
1 night romance trip Feb 8, 2015
mitchell
"Well Done!"
The hotel is well set up, conveniently located to interesting parts of Santa Monica, the staff is friendly, helpful and capable. In fact, the have a higher than average standard of service which helps create the desire in guests to return often.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2015
"Bright & Clean"
We only stayed one night. The hotel/room was bright and clean. Because of our short stay, we didn't have interaction with the staff other than when we registered. It was all very pleasant.
1 night romance trip Jan 25, 2015
"Delightful!"
Easy access to beach walking or exploring quaint Santa Monica shops and unique cafes. Available and affordable taxis to get quality manis and pedis and later a delectable dinner at the Enterprise Fish Co.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Fantastic location"
Love it that if you walk through the back entrance it will only take you a 1 minute walk to the beach. The room was nice and the bed was good. Due to the massive balcony we had the room felt a little cramped. The shower was beautiful and the bath eminaties were great. The balcony was of such a size we had a nice big round table with chairs where we had a relaxing breakfast. The gym was of a good size with enough machines and free weights to have a great workout, followed by a nice stroll around the beach. The Santa Monica pier is right next door as is the boulevard and shopping area.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Henriette
"Great romantic weekend and post-stay exceptional"
A very special weekend for a friend's wedding, so the hotel had to be perfect. This was a great hotel and would stay there again. That's why I gave it high ratings for all categories. Full disclaimer, though, so no one is misled. There was an incident impacting the "room cleanliness" category, which would generally required me to give this one the lowest rating. However, the hotel has assured me it was an "isolated incident" and that steps have been taken to try and ensure things like that won't happen. Once I was assured of this and shown extremely courteous and respectful customer service and concern, it seemed like I shouldn't knock them down just for an "isolated incident."
1 night romance trip Jan 10, 2015