All hotels in Santa Monica, California, United States of America
1740 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA, 90401, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Decent vibe
    Bad breakfast
  • Value
    Poor value for money
    Bad internet service
Really good note, definitely recommend it. Pricey, but you totally get what you paying for.
1 night romance trip Jan 30, 2016
Oleg
"Not JW quality"
Great location but the hotel is dated and not up to JW standards.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Mitch
"5 stars facilities. Great location, luxurious, se"
Hotel is so beautiful ! I met the manager , very professional and great human being! , Hotel staff was poor special front desk , more discretion need with the bill ( envelope) never leave the front desk unattended . This hotel can be the best hotel in Santa Monica , beautiful facilities to make a 5 stars five diamonds hotel , hope my next destination will be JW Marriott Santa Monica will better services , discretion and special welcome for everyone. (Guys at from were great bellman )
2 night family trip Dec 17, 2015
Broswalens
"Noisy!"
Overall not recommended for a relaxing stay. But if you want to party a great play. Close to beach and a few clubs
1 night romance trip Jan 2, 2016
Fabiano
Expensive, should have had a view for the cost? Great location.
2 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Wonderful place, only too short a stay!!!
1 night business trip Nov 29, 2015
Rachelle
"Not so thrilled."
When I first got there the receptionist told me she would put me in a partial ocean view room instead i received a courtyard room that felt like a coffin. Then the TV remote did not work properly.
1 night business trip Dec 7, 2015
"Great high end hotel"
This is a great hotel. The only reason I didn't give it a 5th star was because the valet parking is $40.00/day which seemed excessive and they didn't have a hot tub. Also the doors to the room slam closed and you can hear them slamming at all hours. But the staff was friendly and attentive and the location was close to everything we wanted to see and do.
5 night romance trip Nov 19, 2015
Teresa
Hotel is old and outdated. Restaurant is terrible. Poor layout to get to restaurant and workout facilities.
1 night business trip Nov 23, 2015
"Great facility"
Beautiful facility and great service.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
quick stay but very pleased!
1 night romance trip Nov 14, 2015
Kathryn
"Great Location with Beachy Charm"
Great location near Santa Monica Beach with charming, comfortable terraced common patios for eating, drinking, and relaxing. Nice fitness room. Friendly staff. A bit confusing to navigate.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2015
Everything was fine except the breakfast food we had. Pancakes were not cooked all the way thru and service was so-so.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Pat
"NOT as nice as it should have been"
Shower walls had mold, wet marble bathroom floor extremely slippery, dripping bathroom sink, separate extra charges for EVERYTHING; parking $40 a night, Internet $15 a night, valet left my brand new car in driveway with windows down, keys in sight...... pillows were so flat, we both woke up with backaches, no hair dryer, very loud people in hallways at 6am, 7am, 8am...... It's a pretty place, but lacks in details
Other trip Oct 25, 2015
Jody
"Nice but extra charges are high."
Nice hotel, extra charges were excessive, parking $40 and bar charges way too high. Also no service at the pool.
3 night romance trip Oct 16, 2015
"90th birthday Celebration"
It couldn't have been better
1 night family trip Oct 18, 2015
Cynthia
This is a great hotel in a great location. Would go back there every weekend if I could.
2 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
"Good beach getaway"
Great location and comfort. Didn't give 5 stars because we were put in a second floor room right by the balcony over the lobby and it was loud in our room past 11pm. Had to use ear plugs to sleep. Otherwise it was a great stay!
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Bethany
"Awesome room 444"
Awesome room 444
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Receptionist was very helpful and got us checked in early and provided us with free WiFi. The room was clean & comfortable, and the hotel is in a great location near Santa Monica Pier. Hubby and I made the lovely walk on the bike/walking trail between Venice Beach and Santa Monica Pier. Overall great experience!
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Joan
comfortable bed in a nice hotel close to the beach reasonable price for the room too
2 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
james
"Close to the famous pier."
Very comfortable stay.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Bettyjean A
"Great Weekend Stay! Felt like a King for two days"
Worth every penny! Keep up the Great Service and Product!
1 night trip Oct 3, 2015
robert
"my favorite"
nice service really attend it people I like it I would stay there again on my next visit
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2015
rebeca
My tub drained very slow and was backed up and the power was turned off at 930am to 5pm on the day I stayed. :/
1 night trip Sep 27, 2015
Eve
"very nice hotel."
Very nice hotel. Excellent cusotmer service by the staff. Easy access to the beach and Santa Monica Pier. My only complaint is the $40 valet fee.
2 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Lynda
"Great all around!"
Great service throughout the stay - especially the doormen. Super comfy bed and great location, quick walk to the beach/prime Santa Monica location.
2 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
Joy
Great hotel, become a marriott member so you can have free internet. I will never understand how big end hotels make you pay for internet. the marriott was fantastic though, I loved the atmosphere, my room, my private balcony and the gym was good as well. I did not get to the use theology unfortunately. Take advantage of the cost of parking by leaving your car and heading out to sight see.
1 night trip Sep 20, 2015
Kirsten
"Okay hotel in decent location."
Everything at this hotel is just a little off. We checked in and were told we had a room with a "city view" which is code for a room on very busy Ocean Avenue. There are doors that "open" (we could never actually get them to open) on to a very sad little balcony that faces Ocean Avenue and they don't seal and let in all of the traffic noise. I also asked at check-in if our room was near the elevator and was assured it was "nowhere near the elevator" and upon arriving at our room on the 6th floor is was, in fact, the very first room off of the elevator. Great. The room was very clean and appeared to be be recently remodeled. The beds are comfortable but there are just very few amenities in the room and for over $500 a night you would think there would be just a little bit more. The bathroom isn't great, only one sink and a shower with a tired shower curtain. Our room the next day wasn't made up until 3:00 p.m. which happened to be the exact time we returned to the room after being out all day, always convenient. It's a strange mix or families and tourists there for the beach and business people staying for conferences. You just can't really get the vibe of the hotel. Like I said, it's just an okay hotel, nothing terrible but nothing great. For $500 a night there must be something just a little bit more exciting on the beach in Santa Monica.
Other trip Sep 19, 2015
"Weekend Getaway"
We were in town for the weekend celebrating my wife birthday and we wanted to be by the beach. We both love the Santa Monica area and love how convenient everything was from the hotel. We found the hotel and the people working at the hotel to be very nice. Anytime we walked by any staff we were always greeted with a smile. On our returns from being out and about we were always welcome back by the door man or the valet. In regards to the room and the comfort level, we found to rooms to be be very nice and clean. The only issue we had with the rooms were the pillows, the ice bucket and water situation. The hotel needs to invest in some pillows that offer some type of support. Your head going through the pillows was like not having at all. In regard to the ice, you shouldn't have to call to get ice in your room they need to set up an ice machine on each floor. And if you going to offer free coffee in the room you shouldn't charge $6.00 for water to have that coffee.
2 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Ruben
"Bad Service"
When I got to the hotel. I had the worst employee attend to me. He was rude and horrible and made me wait in the back of the line to help me after I had been waiting my turn. He then spoke loud and rude and embarrassed me in front of all the guests waiting in line.Ir was a horrible experience. I will never go there again and I want to complain to the hotel about this employee. It was Monday Labor day.
1 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
Celina
"No need to look further"
A great respite during the heat wave. Great staff, super helpful and friendly. I walked everyday to midtown from here!! However, the promenade and the pier are just a mere hop and skip away. The beds are super comfy and the grounds are beautiful. Thank you for making my stay so pleasant
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
"JW Marriott Santa Monica"
Wonderful hotel great service clean, comfy bed, with a friendly staff, great location. I could not find any complaints which is rare for me, I travel a lot.
1 night business trip Sep 8, 2015
Rocco
Just passing through and enjoyed our beach time there. Small swim pool for the complex but we experienced that in other USA hotels too. Pools always look good on the photograph!Venice Beach has changed since last visit and needs pressure cleaning.
2 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
"great stay near beach"
Fantastic stay. Super helpful staff, View of the beach, easy to walk out back to beach. Did not eat onsite.
1 night business trip Sep 7, 2015
William Patrick
Hotel was in the perfect location. Walking distance to the Santa Monica Pier! Everything was close by. Beautiful location.
3 night family trip Sep 1, 2015
Wonderful stay! Will be back :)
1 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Marissa
"not as advertised, overpriced."
I thought I was getting a view of the ocean, got a room by the street. Don't overpay for this hotel. The manager said they completely booked but still wouldn't refund me so I could stay somewhere else at 2 in the afternoon. The staff was nice other than that and the man that took our bags was really great. Pictures are misleading, even if you stay on the ocean side there's an apartment that blocks your view.
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
nick
"Great for business or pleasure"
Great attentive staff, and perfect location in Santa Monica.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2015
Stuart
"Outstanding in every way!"
Excellent service, everyone was polite, professional, & helpful. Room was clean, spacious, had fabulous view, + a large patio. This hotel had all the little -yet important- things that other hotels lack; they covered all the bases, so to speak. It's hard to explain, but travelers will understand what I'm trying to say. It's in a great location, close to beach, pier, Promenade, parks, restaurants, etc. We will definitely stay here again, & I'd gladly recommend it to friends & family.
2 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
"Business trip to Santa Monica"
Great location. Will stay again
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
The hotel was wonderful, the staff was very attentive and we had a great stay. It was easy access to the beach and great restaurants. We will go back again if we're in the area.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Was given a room in the back 40, I'm sure because my reservation said "points", even though I paid $259 over the value of my free night. Room was spacious, comfortable bed, GREAT pillows, but key for minibar didn't work and paint in bathroom was cracked and bubbled. Excellent service from all the staff
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
My only complaint would be the slow service in the restaurant for breakfast. Our server would disappear for long periods of time which was quite annoying. I think they could offer better service by assigning servers to areas vs specific tables. There was plenty of servers servicing other tables around us.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Carolyn
Great. Very popular. We were unable to extend our stay as the hotel was full.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great hotel, fantastic service, great location"
Planned a last minute trip to California, and decided we would stay in Santa Monica while in the LA area. This hotel had great reviews, and they were not wrong. Absolutely enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff were incredible, and provided great customer service. Oliver the Concierge gave great advice on getting around, sites to see and how to maximize our enjoyment during our stay. The beach is a short walk across the street, and the pool was warm and enjoyable. Will definitely consider again.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Leo
"Nice hotel less than a block off the beach."
Staff excellent. Outside bar great - relaxing and comfortable day and evening. Spa okay. Liked massage but I've been to spas that had better locker and shower facilities. Good location. Can walk to pier and to downtown Santa Monica. Room and furniture very comfortable. Plenty of outlets to recharge phones, etc. Bath sink faucet issue. Fixed but still not great. The ice is locked in housekeeping and you have to call for them to bring ice to the room. They were prompt but I don't understand.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Excellent location."
Excellent location near to beach and public transportation. We had week vacation and had booked hotel for four days Sat to Wed and decided to extend stay for whole week.due to excellent service and easy to get around car free location.I enquired about availability and keeping same rate for room for week and was told they had plenty of rooms available and should be no problem but they would need to check with manager Daniel to get approval.As I stated up to this point ALL staff members were, so helpful, friendly and accommodating. We were paying pretty hefty rate for hotel and I fully expected to keep this rate without any issue.Was upset when this manager refused quoting much higher rates to extend stay and he had little interest in whether we extended stay at Merigot or moved to another hotel. He did nothing to encourage us to stay, attitude was here's the rate take it or leave it. We finally ended up staying and were treated very well by ALL other staff members.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
mother and teen
"great hotel, great location"
Great hotel, just one street from the beach, about 4 block from 3rd Street Promenade. Very attentive personel, very helpful and nice. Not too many people at the pool, well maintained. Internet access was really slow, but free. (It is supposed to cost a daily fee but this was waived without even asking for it)
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Alexander
Great hotel and Daniel the assistance manager was great.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015