All hotels in Santa Monica, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here1740 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA, 90401, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"great stay"
everyone was very friendly and helpfull
1 night business trip Oct 26, 2014
"Great location!"
Very comfortable and quiet accomodations. They should strongly consider giving complimentary WiFi for the price. If Mcdonalds can give it so should they.
1 night romance trip Oct 26, 2014
"underwhelmed"
A quaint hotel in a fantastic location. But the service left a lot to be desired, we were promised a number of niceties at check-in that never occurred. The room was large and clean but the temperature control did not work in our room. we could not make it cooler or warmer. we asked twice for maintenance to look at it and despite their efforts it was never fixed. the in-room service was incredibly slow on 2 different days. the on-site parking is quite expensive at $35. The Lowes Hotel is right next store and had a better view of the santa monica pier and beach. It was quite large and new. It might be a good alternative choice, although I can't speak to the service there.
3 night trip with friends Oct 16, 2014
Caroline
"it was really nice and I would stay there again"
I liked the hotel a lot.The location is key and the bar area has a very friendly staff and good bites. I was not sure about going to the beach by myself so I did do a short walk run. Have to be safe.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2014
carleen
My wife and I stayed for a weekend getaway weekend and had a great time! The staff was very friendly, the room (even though street side vs ocean side) was quiet, clean and very nice. The location is great as in the heart of the Santa Monica area for restaurants and shopping plus beach, etc.
1 night romance trip Oct 10, 2014
"Easy Access"
Comfortable stay after a business lunch at the Lobster on the pier. Easy walking to all things Santa Monica.
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
Perry
Hotel reception and location at Santa Monica are excellent. The foyer & rooms were great as were the helpfulness of the staff. Complimentary items in the foyer (water etc) was a nice touch too. Back area (access to Santa Monica beach) and near the pool seemed squashed in and outdated though. I had the impression this section of the hotel was in need of a freshen up/modernisation. Otherwise nothing at all to complain about. Would stay there again for sure.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Darryl
"Great Service"
This is a wonderful hotel. It's not right on the beach, but you can still see the water from the hotel. The service was exceptional! Angelo was our waiter at breakfast and he was simply wonderful. From valet to checkout the next afternoon, it was a dream! Definitely worth the money! Hopefully the street construction till end soon, since it was kind of hard to find, but we did make it by asking directions.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Roxanna
"Top Notch Staff"
The staff went WAY beyond their reasonable duties to take care of us and our unique situation. I can't say enough about them...
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
Aleko
The hotel was fine, room a bit small and beds should be a queen size as my feet hung over. But it was fine.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2014
Great facility! Staff was wonderful! Highly recommended!!!
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
@alcwv
"Great Location, Great Staff"
The location can't be beat. Close to everything Santa Monica has to offer while being a little more on the quiet side. Staff was super friendly and helpful.
2 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
"Heatwave"
Heat wave in L.A.. The hallway on my side of the floor was warm and the room never really cooled off. Otherwise, it is a nice hotel in a nice location.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"D Glenn stay at the JW Marriott Santa Monica"
Very nice hotel for the money. Very nice room. Restaurant was nice and the food service was prompt and well prepared! The hotel even has a convenient access to the beach. If I go to Santa Monica again, I will consider this hotel. This hotel is proof that when Marriott puts their name and hart to it, the property is going to be a good place to stay!
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
D Glenn
"Nice hotel,"
Really enjoyed Would stay there again enjoyed THE pool and pool Service
Other trip Sep 16, 2014
love the beach!
The room was a little worn around the edges with chips and wear marks on the door. And the temperature control didn't work for me, required a maintenance person to adjust. Some staff were great, others snarky or just not helpful. Example: I asked what the dining options were, and was pointed to the indoor bar (when both the outside bar and restaurant were both open -- I found out that after sitting down and ordering.)
1 night trip Sep 7, 2014
I arrived so early (8:30am) the front desk held my bags while I went for run on beach. They were going to let me shower in spa, however, when I returned (11am) they had a room ready for me and let me check in!!!!
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
awesome!
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"perfect access to beach"
The hotel service was the best. The bell men were awesome, so polite and excellent service. When we checked in, the front desk said our room was ready, went up to find a dirty room....not ready. Back downstairs to the desk, they found us another room very quickly which turned out to be a ocean view which was nice. The room was lovely, the bed was probably the most comfortable bed I ever slept in on vacation BUT the bathroom needed some serious update. Large bathroom but the sink area is so small and very hard for a lady to get ready. Just needed an update. Overall the hotel was very nice, but for the price, your paying for ocean side hotel.
1 night romance trip Aug 31, 2014
Mary T
"nice location, bad service"
The first, the hotel couldn't locate my reservation. Then at the end of our stay, I found out that they overcharged my room.
2 night romance trip Sep 1, 2014
Beautiful property. Great location We enjoyed our stay
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2014
We had a wonderful stay at ths hotel. It is very comfortable, clean and in a great location. The staff at ths hotel were wonderful as well - very accomoadting, friendly and helpful. We will stay here again on our next trip.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
GMC
"great location and facility with friendly staff"
great stay for LA with less crowds and great beach with lost of beach crowd and fun stores
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
JD
"Vacation in Santa Monica"
We booked our vacation thru expedia. Which I will never do again! When we check in they gave us a tiny room with a view of a building next door. Not to mention we were booked for 6 nights with 3 people. The manager matter-of -factly stated we book thru expedia a 3rd party and that's what we paid for. After upgrading and paying $150 more a night we were finally comfortable.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
a family of 3
"Great experience in Santa Monica"
Great room and bathroom. Clean and updated. Staff was friendly and responsive. Breakfast was fantastic. Pool was clean and relaxing.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
Fred
"Great Hotel & Great Location"
Went to Santa Monica for a short vacation. I have stayed at a J.W. Marriott before, and it was great, found this one online. From the minute we arrived on the property, several people were greeting us and offering to help. Every morning when we came downstairs, the entire staff made a point to say good morning or ask if we needed anything. The entire staff was very accommodating. The bellmen, front desk, bartender, waitress and the concierge, could not have been better. The food and drinks were very good. The property is beautiful and is located within walking distance of the beach, shopping, restaurants and bars. Highly recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Great!
2 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Olga
Although this hotel is across the street from the beach, there is a condo building completely blocking the view to the ocean. The pool is fairly small and depending on the time of day doesn't get much sun. The hotel could use some updates to the decor.
5 night trip Jun 30, 2014
I stayed here July 3-7, 2014 and can't wait to go back. The amenities, location, and chic decor were excellent! The front desk and wait staff ( Evelyn and Jay) were awesome. This hotel also has multi-level outdoor seating, including a flat screen and fire pit, which was an added plus! The property is steps away from the beach, shopping, and fine dining; trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
SCampbell
"our experience"
We stayed for four nights.Great location, excellent service(very friendly staff) & very clean.On the waterfront, close to shopping area & all the best cafe's & fine dining restaurants.Couldn't be better.
4 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Harvinder Singh
"Awesome hotel"
Everything was perfect. The staff was awesome. The hotel and the rooms were very clean. I saw them shampooing the carpets both days while I was there. Location was great. Walked out the back door by the pool and we were on the beach right by the pier. I will definitely be staying here again.
2 night trip Jul 1, 2014
Chad
"Under impressed"
Under impressed, in need of updating and repair. Hate the extra charges. Parking $35, internet$15 etc. when a room is $300+ + + not the quality I expected.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"great hotel"
The rooms were nice. Everything was cleaning. Great location. Everybody was friendly. A good walking distance to Santa Monica Pier.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
"Walk to the Beach"
Friendly, efficient check-in. Room was very clean and comfortable. Easy walk to the beach and Santa Monica Pier. Hotel parking is Valet Only and very expensive, with no overnight public parking nearby. Neighborhood on the opposite side of Ocean Ave. is not the best. Aside from that, I would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 23, 2014
Andy
"Great hotel close to pier and beach"
We were only here one night, but it was lovely. The room was w ell appointed and comfortable. The staff was great, friendly and helpful. At check we left something in the room and the valet ran up and retrieved it for us. The room was very clean. The facilities were great. There was a small, but lovely heated pool which we enjoyed for a few hours. We were right near the beach and about five minutes from the Santa Monica Pier. Parking was a bit expensive, but it was convenient and it seems in line with area prices.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
lj
"This hotel was in a perfect location"
We flew into LAX and the hotel was only 8 miles away and an easy drive. It is within walking distance from the Santa Monica Pier, excellent shopping and great restaurants. It is also a short drive to Beverly Hills and Malibu.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
"great"
super loved it
1 night trip May 22, 2014
"It was awesome"
Staff is really nice location is good but hotel in general looks really clean and beds were very comfortable. Definitely will come back again.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2014
"Great location by the beach and near the Pier"
The staff was friendly and accommodating.
1 night trip May 30, 2014
"Luxury Hotel near the beach."
This was one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in for years. The decor, spaciousness and cleanliness of the rooms were at the highest levels. New beds with HD TV made the experience that much better
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Excellent and affordable"
Staff is amazing! Will stay here again. I was a little disappointed there is no jacuzzi at the hotel but pool was nicely heated.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"In Need of Renovation"
Overall Hotels is nice and clean, just decor is dated to early 90s. There is a reason this hotel is less than others around it. Some of the amenities are pushing their limit. Staff is friendly, and Lobby is very nice.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
SCC MD
"Great experience"
Amazing staff - all so friendly and on their toes to make my stay a great experience - last time I was in Santa Monica with my family we tried to stay at the Loews next door and it was a big mistake and the worst ever experience... in the future I will bring my family and myself to the Marriot as I feel welcome and at home...Thank you!
1 night trip May 18, 2014
"Good Location"
The hotel was perfect except for the Valet. Even when I pointed out to them the night prior that I would need my car at a specific time - they were over 15 minutes late in getting it.
1 night business trip May 22, 2014
Excellent location, helpful and wonderful staff, rooms are clean!!
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Great location and easy to get to"
I really like this hotel and must say that i was amazed that i got a good nights sleep. Very comfortable and quiet from the outside world. Felt pretty solid, clean and safe. The pool was nice but wish they had a hot tub.
1 night business trip May 12, 2014
aurora
"Very friendly staff"
Great location within walking distance to the Pier and 3rd St. Promenade.
1 night trip May 10, 2014
Great location. Great hotel. I would definitely recommend this to anyone.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
Great hotel. There is no hot tub, and there was a half eaten candy bar in the mini fridge. Otherwise, great stay.
Other trip May 12, 2014