All hotels in Santa Monica, California, United States of America

Rather comfortable
  • Value for money
    Poor value for money
    Poor vibe
"Business trip to Santa Monica"
Great location. Will stay again
1 night business trip Aug 30, 2015
The hotel was wonderful, the staff was very attentive and we had a great stay. It was easy access to the beach and great restaurants. We will go back again if we're in the area.
1 night romance trip Aug 27, 2015
Was given a room in the back 40, I'm sure because my reservation said "points", even though I paid $259 over the value of my free night. Room was spacious, comfortable bed, GREAT pillows, but key for minibar didn't work and paint in bathroom was cracked and bubbled. Excellent service from all the staff
1 night trip with friends Aug 12, 2015
My only complaint would be the slow service in the restaurant for breakfast. Our server would disappear for long periods of time which was quite annoying. I think they could offer better service by assigning servers to areas vs specific tables. There was plenty of servers servicing other tables around us.
2 night family trip Jul 30, 2015
Carolyn
Great. Very popular. We were unable to extend our stay as the hotel was full.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Great hotel, fantastic service, great location"
Planned a last minute trip to California, and decided we would stay in Santa Monica while in the LA area. This hotel had great reviews, and they were not wrong. Absolutely enjoyed our stay at the hotel. The staff were incredible, and provided great customer service. Oliver the Concierge gave great advice on getting around, sites to see and how to maximize our enjoyment during our stay. The beach is a short walk across the street, and the pool was warm and enjoyable. Will definitely consider again.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Leo
"Nice hotel less than a block off the beach."
Staff excellent. Outside bar great - relaxing and comfortable day and evening. Spa okay. Liked massage but I've been to spas that had better locker and shower facilities. Good location. Can walk to pier and to downtown Santa Monica. Room and furniture very comfortable. Plenty of outlets to recharge phones, etc. Bath sink faucet issue. Fixed but still not great. The ice is locked in housekeeping and you have to call for them to bring ice to the room. They were prompt but I don't understand.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Excellent location."
Excellent location near to beach and public transportation. We had week vacation and had booked hotel for four days Sat to Wed and decided to extend stay for whole week.due to excellent service and easy to get around car free location.I enquired about availability and keeping same rate for room for week and was told they had plenty of rooms available and should be no problem but they would need to check with manager Daniel to get approval.As I stated up to this point ALL staff members were, so helpful, friendly and accommodating. We were paying pretty hefty rate for hotel and I fully expected to keep this rate without any issue.Was upset when this manager refused quoting much higher rates to extend stay and he had little interest in whether we extended stay at Merigot or moved to another hotel. He did nothing to encourage us to stay, attitude was here's the rate take it or leave it. We finally ended up staying and were treated very well by ALL other staff members.
Other trip Jul 20, 2015
mother and teen
"great hotel, great location"
Great hotel, just one street from the beach, about 4 block from 3rd Street Promenade. Very attentive personel, very helpful and nice. Not too many people at the pool, well maintained. Internet access was really slow, but free. (It is supposed to cost a daily fee but this was waived without even asking for it)
2 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
Alexander
Great hotel and Daniel the assistance manager was great.
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
Karla
"Great overnight stay!"
I just stayed overnight with my daughter, and I relay wish I could have stayed longer. The hotel is situated right next to a beautiful beach, and a few minutes walk from the Santa Monica Pier. We loved it. Shopping and a lot of options for dining at walking distance. The room was spacious, clean and the bed very comfortable! I will definitively stay in this hotel when I go back, and will highly recommend it to my friends!
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Mirella
"Excellent!"
Very nice stay and awesome dinner in the restaurant. Had a steak that was superb. The room was wonderful. Had the city view, which is of Ocean Avenue.
Other trip Jul 12, 2015
"Very satisfied"
Great location, pleasant staff
1 night business trip Jul 7, 2015
Dale
Almost 5 stars! Excellent!
1 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
Patrik
"Excellent customer service."
Marriott never fails. Excellent service.
1 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
Alona
"Great for business or pleasure!"
Prime location right on the beach and all the hotel staff was super friendly and attentive! Room decor was a bit dated but it was very clean and comfortable. The pool was the best part. Make sure to go to Cora's for breakfast. Right next door to the hotel. So goooood!
2 night romance trip Jul 1, 2015
Theodore
"short walk to Santa Monica pier and the beach!"
Great hotel, very accommodating. We arrived in a slightly larger vehicle than their parking garage could handle. They made a special spot just for our vehicle. Close to the beach and the Santa Monica pier!
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Claudia
"Great Hotel Experience"
Perfect place to stay! The location was exactly what we were looking for
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
aside from the slow check-in and the high price for auto parking in addition to the rom cost the hotel was very nice
1 night family trip Jul 2, 2015
dan
"Jw Marriott?? Not this location..."
Worst experience! Wasted money!!! Bad customer service!! Wanted quite night to myself but I ended being worse than staying home. 2things ! It was loud til 3 in the morning n maids wanted clean at 8 in the morning??? I checked in at 10:30 pm! My check is at 11 am, not 8am!
1 night trip Jun 22, 2015
"Won't be back"
We enjoyed our stay because of it's awesome location, but for the price we were definitely expecting more. We requested two beds, but the hotel only had a king size bed available. With no windows that open or patio, we couldn't enjoy the ocean breeze from our room. A jacuzzi would be awesome, and a continental breakfast even better
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Alicia
This is a great hotel, very close to the beach and beautifully maintained. We will stay here again when we are in Santa Monica.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Perfect hotel"
Was there for father's day with my family. location was perfect hotel was very nice and very clean.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Jose
Quick stay but definitely a nice spot. Walking distance to the beach a plus!
Other trip Jun 23, 2015
"No Free Wifi but nice hotel"
It's a nice hotel located in a great area. There is no free wifi which was a big bummer. For as nice as this hotel is, there should be free wifi.
1 night romance trip Jun 13, 2015
"Gosh - couldn't have been better"
checked in sort of late 10PMish after a long flight from Hawaii - was hungry and was pointed to some of the local eateries that were still open - did the Italian restaurant just down the street - it was great - i was homey in lieu of the posh posh restaurants. room was big and roomy - everything very clean - I asked to get free WI-FI and it was given to me without blinking an eye - Just seemed so natural for everyone there to genuinely make sure that i had a pleasant stay, i didn't feel it was fake - real genuine.
1 night business trip Jun 7, 2015
Andrzej
"Romantic night at the beach"
Wanted a nice clean hotel near the beach. This was exactly what we were looking for
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Not free wi-fi, its really bad."
Nice Hotel! Not free wi-fi, its really bad.
2 night trip with friends May 31, 2015
"SM stay"
Nice place to stay, limited view
1 night business trip Jun 4, 2015
"MEOW - do not stay here"
The room smelled of cats and chemicals
2 night business trip Jun 1, 2015
"Bad service, good location"
Nice location and the hotel itself was solid. Comfortable beds. Service was pretty lousy, though. Employees said 'good morning' as required but at the bar & restaraunt disappeared constantly.
1 night family trip Jun 1, 2015
"Not kids friendly"
The hotel is not kids friendly. They make us wait almost 3 hours with a baby for our room. They didn't allow us to stay 30 more minutes (late check out) when our baby girl was taking her nap. Definetly they don't care about custumers. I do not recommend this hotel with you go with kids.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Tacila
"Marigot"
Excellent. Have stayed here before
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Pedro
"Last minute holiday stay"
This hotel was the find of the century!! Found it last minute on Expedia, booking was super easy. We showed up and were extremely impressed with everything from the super friendly staff and ease of checking in, to the size and cleanliness of our room. And it was a short walking distance directly to the beach. I will definitely be staying here again!!
Other trip May 27, 2015
Chrissy
"Great Hotel!"
Excellent customer service. Check-in was at 3 but we called that morning and said we were going to be early. We arrived at noon and they had the room ready for us. The location was great; short walk to the pier and Promenade St. It was very nice to valet our car and not have to get it again until check-out.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
Brendan
"Great price, great location, mediocre hotel"
Lots of service issues here. Definitely not a JW Marriott quality property. More like just a Marriott experience. No shampoo in the room, no ice machines available, coffee service in the lobby was always empty (even the front desk warned us at checking that the coffee service was usually empty). Checked me out after 1 day of a 2 day stay and had to re-check in. Maid service would enter the room without knocking even when we had DND sign on the door. To top it off, our room was right above the lobby and loud partiers keep us up until wee hours of the morning. Great location, great price, mediocre hotel.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"JW Marriott"
Great stay except the parking.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
kevin
"business"
Too small of a room. I wanted two double beds and got a king and roll a way. Too cramped.
2 night business trip May 8, 2015
"Perfect."
Perfect location steps from the beach and a very short walk to the pier and promenade. Hotel staff was very friendly and went out of the way to greet us, provide water, smile and talk about our day etc as we came and went. This will be the first place I consider staying next time in Santa Monica.
2 night romance trip May 1, 2015
Great location. Easy to walk to beach, shopping and tons of restaurants. Hardly used our rental car.
Other trip May 4, 2015
"Short Stay at JW Marriott"
Great check in and service. The initial room we were given had a clear water stain and cracked ceiling. We called and were quickly given another room, without delay. The rooms look a bit dated and carpet stained. Bed very comfortable. Price is high for what you get and the cost of parking took me aback.
Other trip May 4, 2015
Radman
"Hidden fees"
Too much money for the quality of the hotel. I paid $35.00 for parking. I was not told this till after I paid.
1 night trip Apr 24, 2015
Maurice
"Santa Monica great to visit"
Visiting family In a room facing street--very noisy Given a room on 6th floor far down the corridor The charge for wifi extremely high Always cleaned well Pool and outside area wonderful
7 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
Annette
"Nice Hotel with an great location"
The hotel is lovely, lobby very comfortable for morning coffee. Coffee is great! Location close to beach, shopping and downtown Santa Monica. Although I found the hotel pleasing, I must admit the hallway noise travels right through your door. Not sure why, or if it is correctable by Marriot, but it can be disburbing. It is not a matter of being a light sleeper. You can hear walking (or worse kids running), conversations of other guest going to their rooms. It is as if your door is open. The hotel was very quiet once all guest got to their rooms, it was not that you heard noises through the walls or ceilings. It was only noise going through the door. I would stay their again, but request a different room, in case it was just that particular room.
Other trip Apr 17, 2015
No drawer space.....lived mostly out of my suitcase.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
The staff was wonderful. They were very welcoming and eager to please and serve. The location was very good.
Other trip Apr 14, 2015
"JW Marriott - Spring Break"
The hotel staff was exceptional. The price to room quality ratio was average to poor. Our room was tucked away on the second floor and really needed an update. Great access to Santa Monica beach and shopping. More of a business hotel that a vacation get away.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Greg
"Bair and Switch"
Bait and Switch - Marriott confirmed one kind of room, and then stuck us with another as the "ran out of" the room we reserved. Won't stay here again.
2 night family trip Feb 7, 2015
Cornelius
"Fun in the city"
Had an enjoyable stay at this hotel. Room was clean and comfortable. Would rather have had a room with a pool or courtyard view but they were booked due to the kids choice awards. Although when I checked in I was not told about the hours for breakfast at the restaurant downstairs. The girl was quick to give me my room. Just one complaint. There was water damage on the ceiling that looked like it had been somewhat repaired but not painted over. So I was a bit nervous due to the damage being over the bed. Overall very nice room.
2 night trip Mar 27, 2015
"Beautiful hotel with a very friendly staff!"
Beautiful hotel that isvery close to the beach and pier. The staff is very friendly and help plan where to eat and where to see all the fine attractions of Santa Monica
Other trip Mar 11, 2015