All hotels in Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
20 Downing Street, Cambridge, England, CB2 3DT, United Kingdom, ‏‎800-491-6126

"One of the better hotels in Cambridge."
Great location. Comfortable beds. A nice big bathtub. This is one of the nicer places I've stayed in Cambridge, yet at a very reasonable price. I'd definitely recommend it.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Nice but pricey for what you get-- great location"
I'm sure market factors are at play, but I've paid less in central London for nicer room- recent redo is nice, but nothing special. My only overall complaint is that you better have your "do not disturb" sign off of your door by 8:30am, or they will skip your housekeeping (you do get a nice little note under the door) until you request-- an added hassle. Finally, the hotel tolerated the room down the hall setting our stinky sneakers for almost the whole 4 days we where there. Staff was attentive and you couldn't ask for better location in Cambridge.
3 night trip Nov 15, 2013
"Central location"
When we visited the hotel was undergoing maintenance to the exterior and workmen were walking on the scaffolding outside the window until 6:00pm. The toilet didn't flush during the afternoon ; we called housekeeping to fix it but our request was ignored for a couple of hours. On calling housekeeping a second time a couple of hours later, we were told that the water had been turned off by the maintenance workmen. At this point we left the hotel but all was fixed on our return. The hotel was centrally located by a shopping mall and market. The counter staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
"Good location in Cambridge."
The hotel is a nice, clean place -- not spectacular, but very convenient. The afternoon tea was delightful. The staff were kind and quick to respond to needs.
Other trip Nov 9, 2013
Cindy
"great hotel"
excellent, right across the street from the museum
1 night trip Oct 29, 2013
gerald
This is the second time I am staying in this hotel. The location is excellent, next to shops and restaurants. The hotel needs some renovation work. The rooms are big, comfortable beds but the furniture is old. The two arm chairs in my room had holes in them. The dresser has seen better days and the carpet had lots of stains, definitely needs changing. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Randolph
Great service. Appreciated the upgrade and assistance with business document needs. Unlike a lot of hotels., great satellite TV service.
1 night business trip Oct 1, 2013
"Comfortable stay in a great location"
Very centrally located with comfortable rooms. The staff at times were confused and of limited help but they were always pleasant.
4 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Marcella Simon
"Good Hotel, Poor Bar Service"
No issues with the hotel. Great staff too. But had dinner at the hotel bar restaurant and had simply horrible service. I covered the back of the check with notes about how badly the waiter performed. I would hope this was just one bad egg, but it was truly a rotten one!
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2013
"Don't stay here....."
The hotel is like something out of a 70s English TV show,perhaps the saint or the English movie the Italian job.After checking in my family including elderly mum,( we were coming from all over the world for a wedding) were told that the water was going to switched off in the morning at 9 am to 4 PM.Not good if if you want to wake and do your ablutions like a normal human being... There was no warning for us, we discovered second hand from another guest,also not good.Moved to the double tree/Hilton that was good, stay there if you have a choice,it's a way better location and equipped hotel.....
1 night trip Sep 15, 2013
"location"
We had a wonderful time
3 night trip Sep 12, 2013
Perfect location, perfect price via Venere, more than half less then normnal. excelent inside hall, excelenet breakfast, just missing pepper
Other trip Aug 29, 2013
"Overpriced"
Not worth the money. Location good but rooms plain, better deals in Cambridge.
Other trip Aug 14, 2013
"Great location, average room, terrible food"
Overpriced, great location, average price, terrible food
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"Nice stay in Cambridge"
The hotel had no problem checking us in early. We were asked about meals and internet access up front. Everyone was friendly, personable and helpful. The room was very clean, the restaurant was clean and the food was good, service good in restaurant. The location was close to the colleges and public transportation. The concierge was not very helpful, he was friendly but not helpful. When asked if we could get tickets to one of the festival Shakespeare plays he told us to walk over to the college and ask around.
2 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
janice
"Lovely stay."
Stayed here after coming off plane in London. Easy to get to via taxi from train station (15 minute walk otherwise). Easy access to punting and sites. Helpful staff. Had yummy dinner before an early bedtime. Great night sleep. Would 100% stay there again.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
angel
"Clean, but dated rooms"
Bathroom was spotless, but room was very dated. Air conditioning wasn't great. Excellent location and very helpful staff, though.
1 night family trip Jul 26, 2013
"EXCELLENT location makes this one a must"
I stayed here for two nights and have only good things to say. The location is top-notch. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The bar/restaurant was perfectly fine. It's not the fanciest hotel (the decor is all a little dated) but for a good night's stay in Cambridge, you can't go wrong.
Other trip Jun 24, 2013
Cecilia
"Lovely staff"
Centrally located. Well maintained property with a wonderful restaurant. Room was poorly appointed with probably the most uncomfortable bed I've slept in in years. Desk chair was too wobbly to sit in. No mini bar (empty frig only) and the bar didn't have bottled soda to take away. Needs some help.
Other trip Jun 21, 2013
Pete
"Good hotel close to everything"
Excellent location, excellent breakfast with reasonable price 13pounds per person. Close to bus and train station.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
"Nice hotel in city center"
The hotel is very nice. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The breakfast buffet was good, not exceptional. The location is perfect! Close to everything. Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay there again!
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
"Comfortable and convenient!"
Wonderful experience. Great staff! Rearranged my dates of travel in order to stay here.
Other trip Jun 14, 2013
"Comfortable and convenient"
We enjoyed using the Cambridge City hotel as our base of operations in town. It was very conveniently located. The only downside was no ala carte breakfast menu availability. The full english breakfast was more food than I wanted and more that I wanted to spend each morning.
3 night trip May 9, 2013
Cambridge City Hotel
Solid hotel near city center. Expensive breakfast. Nice bar.
Other trip May 24, 2013
Jackie
A very pleasant stay in a hotel we visited previously. However I was disappointed that on two occassions I telephoned and was promised my call would be returned, referece an item of lost property.To date I have not been contacted.
Other trip Mar 5, 2013
"great location but overpriced for what it is"
Great location if you're visiting with someone at Kings College in Cambridge but disappointing amenities and rooms. Looks like a fancy palace on the outside, but is nothing more than a regular Inn on the inside. Poorly decorated and overheated room (heating system insists on turning itself back on after you turn it off...probably didn't know how to use it, still very annoying), pealing wall paper, raggedy old 4/3 TV. None of the English charm we were looking for. Breakfast is not included in room price and they charge 17 GBP for it!
Other trip Feb 27, 2013
Gallagher
"Not great"
Street side rooms are noisy - lots of drunken revelry at night. Breakfast is expensive. Otherwise this place is fine.
3 night business trip Feb 18, 2013
"Overpriced internet"
Hotel pleasant enough and staff very friendly, but everything was very expensive (food, drinks, internet access). I would not use it again.
3 night business trip Feb 8, 2013
PC
Dinner in the dining room was very poor
Other trip Oct 8, 2012
"Location, location, location."
You are paying more for the location than the ammenities. Beds were so-so and there was not nearly as much space as I thought there would be considering what we paid for the room. However, we only stayed there one night to there are probably more things good and bad that we missed. Overall, it was safe, had great water pressure, plenty of very helpful staff members and again, a great location.
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
"Comfortable but nothing special"
At first we were given a room that someone had smoked in. But that was easily resolved. Otherwise the place was nice. Not fancy, but comfortable and a great location. Beware of breakfast though, its GBP 19. Wow! I was told you can get it for GBP11 if you join their loyalty program. That's pretty sneaky, and not a good way to do business if you ask me. If you want a better breakfast for less, and without paperwork, try Bill's on Green Street.
3 night trip Aug 31, 2012

"Corporately efficient"
Couldn't fault it, breakfast was very good. Completely characterless place though. Not cheap, but in line with local market, especially with £22 parking charge.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2015
"Comfortable"
Nice stay in Cambridge
3 night business trip Aug 12, 2015
HING WA
"Best convenient from city centre"
Its very convenient, about 10-15 min walk to most of the famous favourite spots.
2 night family trip Aug 11, 2015
"A magical but expensive weekend in Cambridge"
We were visiting Cambridge to see a short play on the Saturday evening and sought accommodation because we were not up to driving our fairly long journey home in the dark. We would not have booked the Cambridge City Hotel at it's normal price but were able to acquire a pretty large reduction through Hotels.com., which was still really expensive for us. The Hotel was perfectly placed for the City centre, the staff were brilliant and the room very comfortable. Breakfast was very efficiently presented considering the large number of people but the food wasn't top notch, particularly the mixed fruit which tasted somewhat strange as if it had been prepared some time before and was going a little "off". All in all we had a lovely weekend if a quite expensive one.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
mrs patricia e
"Disappointing for the money"
To put it into context - I paid £315 for two nights at this hotel. Upon arrival I was asked if I would like breakfast - for me and my 6year old son it would have cost me another £22 - £22 for a bowl of coco-pops and a sausage! So that didn't happen. There was building works next door of which they cannot help - so we can excuse the noise from both that at 7am and being a City Centre and a warm day/night with the windows open - the sound of 'happy drunks' going home. I accidently left my sons (expensive) pajama top there - I rang them up to ask them if they could keep an eye out for it - the lady who answered (on Reception) sounded irritated and off hand - with no sparkle or real politeness in her voice - on spending £315 I supposed I expected just that bit more when instead - I just got a clean bed in a convenient location and nothing else. Oh! And the parking was confusing with no clear signage to where it was - especially annoying on a busy 'B' road. For the money - I was extremely disappointed and although it was okay and did the job - it was nothing special and a bit of a rip off with the lady on Reception summing it all up. I wont be staying again - the Premier Inn up the road is cheaper and better!
2 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
"Excellent location"
Very friendly and efficient staff in an excellent location.
1 night romance trip Aug 1, 2015
Don Srimal Darren
Wonderful. Great breakfast!
1 night family trip Jul 28, 2015
"Definitely must visit."
We enjoyed our stay at the Cambridge City Hotel. The location is fantastic as all museums and most colleges are only a short walking distance away. The food and service were great too. It was everything we hoped for and would definitely recommend this hotel to other viewers.
5 night family trip Jul 23, 2015
So great of the srrvice
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
Junliang
"Cambridge city break"
Slow check in but overall room was spacious and comfortable with all necessary amenities. Bathroom was small and cramped, but functional.
1 night romance trip Jun 30, 2015
Location is excellent and hotel breakfast is good. Given 2 large double beds for twin room.
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
sandra
SG
"Comfortable and welcome"
I felt comfortable and welcome in the hotel. The staff were very helpful. It met all my needs.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"Perfect of a stay in Cambridge"
Excellent location in the centre of Cambridge, very convenient for the colleges, Corn Exchange and Arts theatre. Modern layout, large rooms and excellent service reception staff and lounge/bar staff. Car parking is adjacent but expensive and watch the exit I kerbed my front allow.
1 night romance trip May 29, 2015
Alex John
Great Breakfast. Zoltan, the host, was welcoming and efficient. Front desk staff were friendly, helpful and efficient as well.
Other trip May 25, 2015
"Hen party. Lovely time!"
lovely hotel, amazing staff, especially the valet who took all our bags up to the room. Very nice man. Lovely clean room and comfy bed, beautiful breakfast, and all of the staff looked like they wanted to be there. Can't recommend enough!! Stayed with four friends on a hen weekend.
Other trip May 18, 2015
jess
"Cambridge city hotel"
Excellent hotel and centrally located. Very pleasant and enjoyable stay.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Fantastic"
It was a late decision to stay overnight in Cambridge as we were at the corn exchange, everything about the hotel was nice and felt like it had had a recent makeover, as it was very tastefully decorated. The breakfast was lovely and well staffed. My only criticism was that after we booked at £200 for one night on a Tuesday we saw the special offers for reduced prices on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, that wasn't too inspiring.
1 night romance trip May 12, 2015
S
"Family 1 night stay"
Hotel is in excellent condition. In central Cambridge and walking distance to the sights. Valet parking included.
1 night family trip May 7, 2015
ZA
"Worst stay ever"
me and my partner went away for the weekend and thought this hotel was perfect how wrong could we be bedding was dirty when we asked to be changed they said they couldn't do anything due to house keeping not being there later on whilst getting into bed we found used plasters in the sheets agin told they would do nothing the breakfast is okay if you like a cold cooked breakfast I wouldn't recommend it to friends or family ever
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015