All hotels in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada

"Don't think I will stay there again."
I found the place a tad noisy.The elevator is a bit of a walk from the door. No one told us the fire escape staires were so close to our room (the elevator was not) we found this out on our own.The paid parking was confusing. I asked about window tickets and was told they were not used, but then I saw a bunch of cars with them. The parking lot is a bit complicated to get in and out of unless one wants to go to the HFX bridge.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the hotel. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your time here. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations sometime in the future. Thanks again for your comments.
1 night romance trip Jun 22, 2015
"Comfortable"
Beds were really comfortable and i wanted to steal the pillows. Breakfast could have been better and cheaper though but overall good price for the night and i was safisfied!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to leave both positive and constructive comments of the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We are so pleased to hear that the beds and pillows met your expectations. However, we are sorry to hear of your disappointment with our breakfast offerings. We will be sure to share your comments with the rest of the Holiday Inn Harbourview and Café 101 team. We hope to welcome you back soon!
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
joey
"Great location!"
So convenient to stay near the ferry and bridge to Halifax Waterfront. Room was clean and comfortable aside from not having a refrigerator in our room and having to pay $15 to rent one. It was standard in other hotels we stayed in while we travelled three weeks in the Maritimes. Also, found 9:00 pm early for the pool to close. It is a beautiful outdoor pool that we really would have liked to enjoy more!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
It was very rewarding to learn that you have indeed enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all of your feedback and especially your feedback in regards to our pool hours. I will be sure to bring it up during out next management meeting. I sincerely hope that you will return to visit us again in the future.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
Teresa
"Daily Cleaning of rooms"
We arrived late in the early am. Our room was given away. We were then given a suite (which has a connecting room with a sofa bed, large dining table and bar area with sink). We went to the suite and saw that it had not been cleaned from the night before. There was food, trash and the pull out sofa's linens were half off. There were used towels in the bathroom. The suite was dirty and a mess. We had to call and get new linens and change them ourselves because no one from Housekeeping work nights. The next few days, the rooms were partially cleaned or not at all. I had to call down to the front desk on 2 days because housekeeping didn't leave any toilet paper.They always seem to miss cleaning the room with the pull out sofa bed or forget something. We didn't get any new towels some days, One day, housekeeping left 2 large bags of trash in front of our room doors for the entire day. For $110 USD per night, you would expect something better. Also, there was no mention of a parking fee of $10 per night in the Expedia hotel description. This information is only sent with your Expedia confirmation.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. I would like to offer my apologies for your accommodation experience. I am disappointed that you were provided with a suite that was clearly not maintained to our standards. Thank you for your feedback and we do hope you would give us an opportunity in the future to provide you with the stay that not only meets but exceeds your expectations​
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"Good for the price"
Very comfy bed. Clean. No breakfast but convenient to Tim Horton down the street. Helpful front desk staff.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future!
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
Lori
"Good for the price"
It was a fairly typical Holiday Inn, fine enough, with some nice features like the balcony, pool and laundry room. The rooms available on this site were only double beds, which was a bit small. The real disadvantage was that it was across the river from Halifax, and you had to drive over the bridge each time. The location directly adjacent to the bridge made that ok, but once back in your hotel there wasn't much to see or do in the neighborhood.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Harbourview for your recent trip to Halifax/Dartmouth and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. It is our hope that we can welcome you back again soon
3 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
"Misleading location. Poor manners."
Firstly, the hotel is not in Halifax. It's across the harbor in Dartmouth. It's in the middle of nowhere and not really convenient for walking. In our first room, the air did not work. We called the front desk and they said someone was on their way. We left for dinner. When got back, the room was still hot and the air conditioner did not work. There was no indication anyone had done anything. No message to call the front desk. Of course we did, at which point they said the AC could not be fixed and offered a second room. We moved all of our gear to the new room, which smelled of cigarettes. Called the front desk and we moved to the third room of the night, which was now 1am in the morning. Next day, I mentioned to the front desk that we only had two breakfast vouchers and there were 3 in our room. The clerk looked at me and said that I only paid for two. I responded that I also paid for a room with AC and did not smell of smoke...which I only received after the third attempt. As she was writing out another voucher, she responded that she "understood," but that I only paid for 2 breakfasts. Adding to the insult, was the parking fee. It always amazes me, that a hotel would risk bad reviews and loss of future patronage, just to quibble over a few dollars for a breakfast, after being completely put out the previous evening. I definitely will not be staying there again, nor would I recommend it to any other travelers.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I appreciate you bringing to my attention the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel.Your feedback has been shared with our management team for review. On a positive note we have 12 new A/C units that are being installed right now. While I'm happy to note most of our guests find out location ideal I'm sorry to learn that you did not. We would welcome the opportunity to make amends should your travels ever bring you back to the Halifax Regional Municipality.
1 night trip Jul 7, 2014
Daren
"just wish they served breakfast"
very nice hotel. nice outdoor pool. close to ferry to Halifax.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for sharing your impression of the hotel. We do have a full service restaurant on site that does serve breakfast every morning. Should you find yourself in Halifax/Dartmouth in the future, we hope to have you as our guest again. Thank you!
2 night family trip Jun 27, 2014
The A/C did not work in the room. I adjusted it down to 16 degrees C it came on and cooled for a few minutes and cut off. So I adjusted it lower, same thing. I switched it from C to F and adjusted it to 66 degrees F, same thing. In addition the exhaust fan in the bathroom ran all night without any switches in the room being turned on. It appeared to be an "always on" exhaust fan that could be heard throughout the room. So while the hotel appeared to be clean and safe, I got one hour of sleep all night.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
By reading each of these reviews we are able to recognize areas that are in need of improvement and take the appropriate actions to correct them. Thank you for leaving your room number so we can have a look at the unit. I would like to apologize that our heating/cooling system did not operate correctly and ruined your stay. Your review is greatly appreciated and we hope you will return again
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Disappointment in 704
"Fantastic Staff"
Can't say enough good things about the staff. They were friendly, helpful, and always up for a conversation if time permitted. Would definitely stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thanks for the kind review! It is always nice to hear how well our guests are treated by our employees and we focus on training them to provide each guest with an exceptional stay. We would be delighted to have you as our guest again in the future
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Average Hotel but good just for a place to stay"
The Hotel is average, next to the bridge and only located next to fast food options. One issue we had was that the entrance was totally block after a snow storm with guest having to walk from the road to the room. If I were not driving, I would not stay there as all the non fast food options are nit close and cabs in Halifax are expensive. The Hotel staff are O.K.
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Island Nupe
"Needs Updating"
Overall, it was well (beds clean and comfortable, shower clean, etc.), however, there are more hotels around that are more comfortable as far as the room set up, space, etc. The double taples for desks does not allow for a comfortable seat. The top one is too high, forcing you to pull out the lower one in which there isn't any room to pull out. The heating/cooling units are out of date. Traffic is very heavy at the location.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
"Not modern but clean"
I was disappointed that the room did not have a refrigerator or microwave and parking is additional. Other then that the room was very clean.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Close to the Ferry to Halifax"
Did not like having to pay for parking but otherwise it was great. The front desk staff were superb in providing change for the ferry and information on where to go and what to see and just chatting. The room was clean and well maintained. At full capacity the water pressure and hot water were always at full flow on the sixth floor.
2 night trip with friends Aug 30, 2013

My room card key failed to open my room door on the 2nd day of my 3 night stay. I had to go back to reception to get the card fixed. The male receptionist was NOT happy. I should be unhappy; not him!!! No reason and no apology!!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your review on the hotel. It's feedback like yours that allows us to improve in all areas. We are disappointed to hear about your experience with the guest services agent and your issues with your key card. We can assure you that this is not the norm and we are deeply sorry for this inconvenience. We have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments and will be following up on this immediately. We do hope that you will come back again sometime soon so that we can exceed your expectations.
1 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
Jonathan
"I would stay again"
Overall a good hotel. Breakfast was great.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your kind words on the Holiday Inn Harbourview! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and hope to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Sleep would be nice..."
Loud air conditioner that would randomly cut in and out.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We would like to apologize for the issues you encountered regarding the air conditioner and would like to assure you that this is not the norm. We very much hope you will return to the hotel so that we can exceed your expectations!
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
"Nice, average hotel..."
Not bad, not great, just a nice average hotel. Good location by the bridge. Have stayed a few times. It's in Dartmouth, not Halifax.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and hope you will be back soon!
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
"central hotel"
Stay was good, comfortable bed, but room had no safe, fridge, microwave.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We greatly appreciate your 4-star review and are pleased to hear that your overall stay was good and that you enjoyed our comfortable beds. We would also like to apologize for any inconveniences regarding lack of safe, fridge and microwave in your room. Upon your next visit, please be sure to request a room with a microwave and/or fridge, and we will be certain to book you in a room with these amenities. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you back here again soon!
13 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
wade
"Not Impressed...Won't stay again!!!!"
The toilet suck constantly. There was almost no water pressure in the shower as you had to have the dial at full hot to get hardly luke warm....you were chasing around under the shower looking for water. The sink was half plugged......took forever to drain out. I reported the problem of no hot water and extremely low water pressure.....no response and no fix. They share the parking with a business center also so you often had to walk great distances to get to your car. Will not stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your constructive feedback. It's feedback like this that we truly appreciate so that we can improve areas in which we may not be exceeding guests' expectations. We have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments so that these issues can be resolved immediately. Additionally, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We do hope that you will return to the hotel and will give us a second chance to really "WOW" you.
3 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Gym machines out of order."
Gym machines were out of order. (3 out of 4). Due to snow storm we arrived a day earlier and we were accommodated happily.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for the 5-star review on our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond and that you were able to be accommodated a day early. Regarding the machines in the fitness centre - we will most definitely pass this information along to our maintenance department so that they can fix this. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the area!
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Syed Mahmud Raza
"Not fantastic but not bad"
The room was fine. It was small but nice. The hotel seems like it has seen better days but I really have no complaints. I received exactly what I paid for.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you had an overall enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again upon your next visit to the Halifax / Dartmouth area!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"will go back!"
Staff was friendly and very helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a lovely experience with our friendly and helpful staff and that you will return to the Holiday Inn Harbourview upon your next visit to Halifax/Dartmouth. We very much look forward to seeing you then!
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Cidalisa
"Love"
I loved the view I had although it wasn't so special , I love the room set up and the lobby decor , the bartender was sweet and let me bring my drinks up which isn't always allowed the staff always friendly and sweet & it's a really clean hotel ! Next time I come to Nova Scotia this will be where I stay . 100%
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview! We are pleased to hear that you loved our décor and that you had an overall pleasant experience. We love hearing that we are your hotel of choice when visiting the province and we very much look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
ash
"The No Sleep Hotel..."
Constant noise all night from the plumbing - terrible, woken up several times at night by dunks in the hallways. Stayed with a small group, they had a similar experience. The "gym" is a couple of cardio machines, lame. They have a deal with a gym across the street, if you want to go across the street in the weather. Wont stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn Harbourview. All reviews are taken into consideration by management in order to identify areas in need of improvement. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. We have shared your notes with the maintenance and night audit team and a thorough follow-up is being conducted. Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Good location in Dartmouth and close to Halifax"
The bed was too firm but overall the room was fine.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. We do apologize about the firmness of the bed. However, we are happy to hear that your overall stay was good. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"very nice"
Would stay again!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. We hope to have you back soon!
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
Tammie
"saisfied"
very relaxing
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We are so pleased to learn that you had a very relaxing vacation. We will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the Holiday Inn Harbourview team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Ok"
It was ok ,location and price were fine.The wash room could be bigger/Space.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I do hope that the next time you are in town you will consider staying with us again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Halifax"
Excellent location, just off the bridge to Dartmouth. It took 5-10 minutes driving to get to the city where all the restaurants are, etc. The only thing to be improved would have been to have breakfast included. The hotel wanted an additional charge since the rate was so low ( booked through Expedia ).
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for contributing your comments to Expedia. I appreciate your kind words about our excellent location. We do hope to have you return on your next trip to Halifax/Dartmouth.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Ada
"Nice hotel in Dartmouth"
We liked this hotel a lot. Nice restaurant. It is located close to the ferry, a 10 minute walk to the ferry across to Halifax. Very comfortable room.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Please accept our gratitude for the kind review you shared on Expedia. We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
liz
"Just what you expect"
Stay was comfortable and quiet. Location was Dartmouth but close to the Bridges to cross so best case if not downtown.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We always enjoy hearing why guests enjoyed their stay with us so we thank you for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Nice hotel but disappointed with the room"
I guess you get what you pay when booking online. Room was alright, bathroom was in two different sections, sink on one side and toilet and shower on other, did not like that at all. Air conditioner was way too noisy, had to shut it off to sleep then got to hot. The bed was super comfortable though, and the room was clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We are very appreciative of you taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that the room layout wasn't to your liking, however I'm glad to note that you found the bed comfortable and the room clean. Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Maggie
Dated, good location, not walking distance to downtown Halifax. But a short drive or cab
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and we hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Holiday Inn"
We had browsed different hotels on this sight, and after viewing the photos of this hotel, decided to upgrade to a king suite. What a disappointment that was, the photos they are displaying can not be of this particular hotel, our room was very small, old and dated, the bathroom sink was in the room where the closet should be, and the toilet and tub was in the smallest space I had ever seen, and you had to open the door and come out into the bathroom to wash your hands. Our room included two free breakfasts , but they said I only qualified for 1 because I didn't check the box with 2 adults and that it would be an extra 10 dollars for the extra person in the room. When I recieved the final bill, they charged me 14 dollars for parking overnight, even though there were no gates or ticket dispensers , and no signs stating they charged for parking. Do not choose this hotel!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. I would like to point out that when booking on Expedia it does indicate that parking is an extra fee. We truly hope you will consider giving us a second opportunity in the future.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Stephen
"Hotel was close"
Hotel staff very helpful and location within walking distance to many sights, up hill walk.linda
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service and location excellent. If you return to the city we hope you will once again choose to stay with us.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
linda
Was great manager very accommodation, gave us free breakfast and void the parking due to staff error, clean and quiet. Thank God we did not have to pay for the buffet breakfast it cold and over cook.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us despite the error that occurred. Thank you for your feedback about the breakfast buffet, I have passed your comment on to our Executive Chef. We hope to see you back should your travels bring you back to the city and again, thank you for your comments.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Gertie
"close to ferry across to halifax"
Staff were friendly enough. no free breakfast or parking and no fridge all downgrade this one for me.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
ok
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"5-10 minute walk to Alderney, TIBS"
Decent room, clean. Beds were OK. Right off the Dartmouth commons, and very handy for the ferry. Parking is $10-12 extra.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Halifax/Dartmouth and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. We hope to have you back soon. Thanks
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Yve
"Very disappointed"
From what the hotel looked like and getting into room! Very disappointed in the holiday inn on this one! Very old rooms and very run down
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to see how our customers perceive our hotel.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Place to sleep and it's close to the bridge."
It was handy to the bridge and ferry to Halifax but non around the hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
It's so pleasing to read that our location was convenient for you. I sincerely hope that you had a pleasant trip and would love to welcome you back sometime in the near future to experience more of what the hotel and area has to offer. Thank you!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Gerrh
"Yes I liked it!"
It was very comfortable and convenient.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for your kind compliments and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"expect little to avoid dissapointment"
Expect to pay for parking, expect very little else. For the money should be much nicer. Garbage in the parking lot, smells old book like. Convient location all it has going for it.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
brad
"Issue"
Had an issue . Hotel wouldn't correct it because we booked through hotels.com
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your comment. Depending on what the issue was in most cases it does have to go back to Hotels.com to fix. I apologies you did encounter and issue but I hope it did not ruin your stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Stacie
"nice hotel very clean pool"
The hotel was close to everything we wanted to see and do. (shopping, the Tattoo, etc.) The pool was very clean and not at all crowded. Dry pool towels were handily placed. The staff was friendly and the hotel was nice and clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We always appreciate our guests that take the time to leave such nice comments about our hotel. Thank you and we hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Halifax/Dartmouth.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Gail
"Wedding night stay"
Great friendly service. Stress-free booking. Everything went as smooth as could be. Definitely recommended.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
It was our pleasure to host you as our guest! We are always striving to improve our hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about the hotel. Thank you!
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Shane
"good"
service is good, especially the breakfast. Room keeping is also good.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for these kind words! I am very pleased that we provided you with a pleasant stay, a clean room and most importantly, good service. We also appreciate your comment about our breakfast and will be sure to pass it along to the team.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Very nice Hotel"
The hotel have a very nice location, close to the MacDonald bright, a main bus stop, so you can come or go to the airport using public transportation. And it is just 3 blocks from the ferry stop, plus have some stores around Tim Hortons, Shopperdrugmart, Mc Donals, dollarama, subway. Etc The room are very comfortable and clean. The swimming look normal is no big but is not small neighter
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Amazing review, thank you so much for such lovely feedback! It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Carlos
"Appreciate the ease"
Loving the fact that this hotel is close to downtown without the high prices. I also appreciate this hotl for not requiring a cash/money deposit for incidentals at check in. Who wants to pay a second time for their room? It is nice just to have my credit card on file but not be charged then credited after. Keep this policy! It sets you apart from all the others. This hotel is well kept and clean. Maybe I have low expectation but I have never had any problems with cleanliness. I was even worried booking through an outside source figuring we may have problems during check in but nothing but smiles and welcomes. Great job both holiday inn and expedia!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
What a great review! It is so pleasing to read that you found our property clean and the location ideal. We appreciate that you took the time to review our property on Expedia and we hope you will return again soon. Thank you!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014