All hotels in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
101 Wyse Rd, Dartmouth, NS, B3A 1L9, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Issue"
Had an issue . Hotel wouldn't correct it because we booked through hotels.com
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your comment. Depending on what the issue was in most cases it does have to go back to Hotels.com to fix. I apologies you did encounter and issue but I hope it did not ruin your stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Stacie
"nice hotel very clean pool"
The hotel was close to everything we wanted to see and do. (shopping, the Tattoo, etc.) The pool was very clean and not at all crowded. Dry pool towels were handily placed. The staff was friendly and the hotel was nice and clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We always appreciate our guests that take the time to leave such nice comments about our hotel. Thank you and we hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Halifax/Dartmouth.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Gail
"Wedding night stay"
Great friendly service. Stress-free booking. Everything went as smooth as could be. Definitely recommended.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
It was our pleasure to host you as our guest! We are always striving to improve our hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about the hotel. Thank you!
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Shane
"good"
service is good, especially the breakfast. Room keeping is also good.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for these kind words! I am very pleased that we provided you with a pleasant stay, a clean room and most importantly, good service. We also appreciate your comment about our breakfast and will be sure to pass it along to the team.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Very nice Hotel"
The hotel have a very nice location, close to the MacDonald bright, a main bus stop, so you can come or go to the airport using public transportation. And it is just 3 blocks from the ferry stop, plus have some stores around Tim Hortons, Shopperdrugmart, Mc Donals, dollarama, subway. Etc The room are very comfortable and clean. The swimming look normal is no big but is not small neighter
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Amazing review, thank you so much for such lovely feedback! It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Carlos
"Appreciate the ease"
Loving the fact that this hotel is close to downtown without the high prices. I also appreciate this hotl for not requiring a cash/money deposit for incidentals at check in. Who wants to pay a second time for their room? It is nice just to have my credit card on file but not be charged then credited after. Keep this policy! It sets you apart from all the others. This hotel is well kept and clean. Maybe I have low expectation but I have never had any problems with cleanliness. I was even worried booking through an outside source figuring we may have problems during check in but nothing but smiles and welcomes. Great job both holiday inn and expedia!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
What a great review! It is so pleasing to read that you found our property clean and the location ideal. We appreciate that you took the time to review our property on Expedia and we hope you will return again soon. Thank you!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
The hotel was amazing, comfortable and clean! Everything was perfect and quiet. The staff was great and very polite. Only downfall was not knowing we had to pay an extra 9.95 plus tax for parking per night of our stay until we got there. After paying hundreds of dollars to stay to be made to pay for parking without choice of refusal so we could park somewhere else. Other then that amazing hotel and would stay over and over again! Beautiful hotel and very great stay!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I was delighted to read of your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments in regards to parking. I have shared them with the Front Office Manager and she will address it with her team. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Close to halifax ferry"
Enjoyed the closenest of two cities, be prepared to pay for parking.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to comment after your stay with us. It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Traveller
"Best Staff"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were sooooo comfortable. Would defiantly stay there again
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind compliments on Expedia and we will look forward to your next stay with us.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Sue
"Better then you might think..."
We originally started our search for a hotel in Halifax but the price point was higher than we'd hoped for. Several hotels in Dartmouth kept popping up on the search and we finally decided to choose on Holiday Inn express. Although several people from Halifax laughed at us when they heard we are staying in Dartmouth and even said "why would you stay there" this had is a little worried. However it was all for naught! The hotel is situated right beside one of the bridges over into Halifax as well as a short three minute walk to the ferry dock. Access to Halifax was extremely easy as we were able to drive, take a taxi or the local ferry. The hotel was clean spacious and staff very accommodating with lots of parking. I would have no hesitation staying at this location again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Congratulations on discovering us at the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We think we are Dartmouth's best kept secret and it’s great to see that you think as we do! The team here at the hotel and myself are delighted to know that you have had a great time with us and that you would have no hesitations staying with us again.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
RB
"The worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed!"
Hard to imagine how small the bath room is. Bought a parking ticket from Holiday Inn parking lots, but when I checked in the staff told me I had to pay the parking fee directly to them, so I paid the parking fee twice!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so we can take appropriate steps to correct them. We hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Halifax/Dartmouth
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"So so"
Stained carpet, small bathroom, loud air conditioner
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Sorry to read your stay was not all it could have been. We train our staff members to treat any carpets that have the appearance of any type of stain and we apparently missed the one in your room. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. It would be great if you have a chance to give us a go again
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Pretty Good"
Good location, clean room, good food. They didn't seem totally prepared when we had to call housekeeping for something, but everything got worked out anyway
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Harbourview for your recent trip to Dartmouth/Halifax and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future
3 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, but......"
The hotel was nice, I restaurant was also very good. We were issued a non-working key card..which we had to go back to the front desk to have another issued to us. The location was good, and next to the city and highways. We booked the hotel through Hotels. com, and wasn't happy with the rate, because it was different than advertised on the internet, we though we were getting breakfast included, but were not, even asked the front desk, and we were denied that request. Also in the early part of the evening there was a barking dog in the next room.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Bruce Alley
"A bed of rocks"
The room was very clean however the movie channel is there you can't use it. The bed was the most uncomfortable I've ever had. The heating system is prehistoric and it was beyond hot too bad because the location is perfect and the room is super clean.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Combining business with pleasure"
Attended a conference on site. The conference facilities were great - nice large ballroom, technical staff were great; food was very good. Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights - very nice room with balcony. Always nice to be able to open the door to get fresh air and step outside. Hotel staff very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Sara
"Very Disappointing"
We found the hotel very noisy as we could hear EVERYTHING the children in the next room had to say. A bill for parking slipped under our door during the night was a shock. We have stayed in hotels around the world and never had to pay for parking before. The cost of breakfast was excessive. The hotel we stayed in the night before had a wonderful FREE continental breakfast. Very disappointing experience.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"lacking"
Got the king suite. Few was great but no mini fridge and a less then inspiring bathroom. Certainly not anything special. Parking was annoying. You are in machine pay lot but they will also try to charge parking to your room. Wonder how many people have paid outside and got charged to the room.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We are constantly seeking feedback from our guests, and therefore, the comments and feedback that you kindly shared in your review, were indeed appreciated and used to review certain areas of our operations. Thank you for sharing your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
dustin
"Less than Expected"
There were several minor issues which caused me to feel I was getting less than expected: 1) Only a mini-fridge was available. A micro-wave was never delivered, despite checking in at 3pm on Wednesday and staying until Sunday, a microwave was never made available. 2) The in-room movie service was unavailable upon check-in, and when inquired, were told that there was a malfunction. However, on Friday when I inquired again, I was told that the contract had ended, and they didn't have another provider. 3) I received neither the morning newspaper or the refund for not getting the newspaper. However, they never charged me for parking, so I'll call that a wash. (Despite really wanting access to the news) 4) Unrelated to the hotel specifically, but the exit to the main-street/Dartmouth Sportsplex was locked after 5pm and on the weekend. If the hotel sells itself as easy access to the Sportsplex, then the access to the crosswalk ought not be locked.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Patrick
"Convenient"
Convenient- we were attending a conference and so everything we needed was close by.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great hospitality great restraunt staff"
Great staff great food and comfortable rooms with quality internet
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Old hotel"
If I were not attending a meeting at this hotel I would never have stayed here.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"close to work"
It was fine. The room was great and the dining room was much better than | remembered.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and the restaurant here at the Holiday Inn Harbourview. There have been some changes in our restaurant so it's great to hear that your experience this time was better than the last. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"not bad"
to pricey for what you get. dining room to expensive.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Nice hotel, very clean"
Business trip. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. They were happy to go out of their way to help. The food in the hotel restaurant was great and well priced. The room was quiet, comfortable and exceptionally clean. I enjoyed my stay and will book with this hotel again.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
R
We found the bed very uncomfortable. As it was not firm enough, and with all the padding on the bed itself, it felt too hot underneath the sheets. Making for an uncomfortable night's sleep. But clear of that our stay was fine.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear of the sleep troubles you encountered. We appreciate your comments and hope to be your hotel of choice on your next trip to Dartmouth or Halifax.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"Beautiful view"
We love it and will come back again sometime soon.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Jason, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Harbourview. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and we can't wait to have you back.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2013
Jason Hulan
The hotel was good but I think we got a bad room. The heat didn't work so it was so cold.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Dear Ken, Glad to hear you liked the Holiday Inn Harbourview. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had with the heater in your room. This type of problem can occasionally occur in older buildings such as ours. This is an issue that we will be working on in the near future when our hotel undergoes various improvements. Again, we do thank you for sharing your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Kent
Excellent location for venues in both Halifax & Dartmouth. Impressive to see recycling bins in each room. Exceptionally friendly staff, both front desk and cleaning staff. Would stay here again.
5 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"Disappointing tired room."
The hotel staff seemed to be hard to access. The cleaning staff are very helpful, kind and go out of their way to help. The rest of the staff although polite they are not very helpful. I had asked why I was not given an executive room like I had paid for and was told that I would have to sacrifice the balcony to move to an executive room because they didn't save one for my booking. They said And I quote, I should be happy with what I had because it was considered an upgrade anyway. It was a king bed and did have a small writing desk in it. I asked for a cork screw and waited 45 minutes to get one and there were pieces missing. The desk chair was broken and could not be adjusted up so difficult to sit in. I ordered room service breakfast and it took well over an hour to receive it even though I was told it would be 20 minutes. Then it arrived and the order was partially wrong. The server told me he could fix it if I really wanted him too. The bathroom in the room was very small and difficult to move around in and the tub stopper did not work and the water drained all out when I tried to take a bath. The room overall was tired looking and contains no closet and shallow drawers that are filled with pillows and blankets. It was very difficult to get through to the front desk, the phone would ring and ring at one time I counted 30 times then hung up. Many attempts need to be made before there is a response.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Lesley
"A good improvement"
Our second stay at this hotel and the internal decor has been modernised.We chose this hotel as a good place to stay after picking up our hire car from the nearby airport as it has free parking and is more easily accessible than hotels across the water in Halifax.The ferry across the water to Halifax is a short walk away from the Hotel.Near the hotel are several fast food outlets and 2 Tim Hortons!The adjacent Mac Donald bridge has a spectacular walk with views of the harbour.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2013
CharlesB
"The Hampton is much better at the same price"
The room did not smell fresh,did not seem clean. I stayed at the Hampton the next night for the same price and it was much much better
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
female
"Hotel in Dartmouth"
Stayed two nights, three people. Beds were comfortable, but bathroom was small and needed updating.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Joanie
"Easy access to Halifax."
Dinner in Cafe 101 was quite good; however, although the breakfast offered decent selection the quality of the eggs, ham, and bacon was near unacceptable. Bathroom appeared to be clean but had an odor of uncleanliness.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
Great experience :) Just a short walk to the ferry
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"natal day"
disappointing for a Holiday Inn, oviously very old, rooms need upgrading
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Dartmouth Stay"
Overall it was okay. The hotel was in Dartmouth (1/2 hour walk over McDonald Bridge to Halifax Harbour). We booked it by mistake (thought we were booking right in Halifax) but turned out to be fine and not a major inconvenience which we were worried about. The restaurant was okay, it seemed fairly quiet. We asked for a room facing the Harbour which he changed for us. One thing we didn't like is you had to pay for parking ($10 per night). Also, the pillows were very uncomfortable.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Restaurant and Bar Closed."
Restaurant and bar closed for the evening due to a wedding reception. Found this awkward. All else was fine....staff PARTICULARLY friendly and helpful in all ways. Recommended.....if all one needs is a good place to sleep.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Bud
"disappointed"
disappointing outside noise small bathroom uncomfortable beds damaged ceiling
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Good hotel , traffic very busy"
Good hotel very clean and friendly staff. Didn't like that you had to pay for parking to stay at their establishment and hotel is close to the toll bridge so traffic very busy. Overall good hotel for the price
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Situated in a good location in Dartmouth, close to ferry or bridge to Halifax. Nice outdoor pool. Staff is very friendly, vey willing to help out with any issue.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
TF
"Comfortable!"
The front desk clerk was unpleasant. She was snippy and even rolled her eyes at a guest when they called down stairs for services. When the next shift came in the front desk clerk was great! The room smelled a little musty, but it was nice to have a balcony we opened the doors let the room air out. The bed was really really comfortable. The room had the smallest bathroom! The sink and mirror were in a seperate room that the tub and toilet wich was different... And a little awkward. But all in all a very homely feeling ; very comfortable
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Steph
"Very handy location"
Friendly and helpful staff and a quick trip across the Macdonald bridge puts this hotel high on my list for a return visit to Halifax.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
Great
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2013
Jay
"Imagination"
Great hotel. We had 3 kids with us but only room for 2. Because there was no portable bed available they came up with a solution for our youngest. They improvised a little bed with some sofa cushions. We appreciated the gesture and the little one slept well.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Would Stay Here Again :)"
Friendly staff and clean rooms. Great view of the harbour.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Tiny bathrooms"
The only problem with this hotel is the bathroom. It is tiny and does not have a hand wash sink it is on the other side of the entrance hall. A very strange set up.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"great hotel"
Great hotel, nice rooms, good food . Close to the ferry only 5 minute walk.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
We had a pleasant time & been going there a lot of times to get away for a couple of days ,very friendly & good service .
2 night romance trip May 31, 2013
Babineau "s
"halifax dartmouth"
very satisfied, 2nd time I stay at this hotel and will probably stay there again next trip.
2 night business trip May 28, 2013