All hotels in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
101 Wyse Rd, Dartmouth, NS, B3A 1L9, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9227

• Value for money
    Fairly good value for money
    Room is all right
    Regular internet service

"Holiday Inn Express 101 Wyse Rd. Dartmouth NS"
I booked the hotel through one of Expedia's hidden hotel name and address but great rate. After you book you find out which hotel it is and where. When I booked and found out where it was, I had no issues. I was familiar with Wyse Rd which is a commercial area of Dartmouth. There is lots of parking. The hotel interior is very clean. The staff at the desk were very helpful and pleasant. The room was on the 4th floor next to the ice and pop machines. I thought "GREAT" no sleep tonight. However once the room door was closed you could barely hear the machines and after a few minutes didn't hear anything. Because it's a commercial area, the view from the window was of parking lots. We had breakfast the next morning at the hotel. We could order off the menu of from the buffet. We chose the buffet. The food was good, the temperature was fine and the amounts were plentiful. I would book this hotel again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your thorough review on the Holiday Inn Harbourview and for sharing your experience with other readers! We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and quiet, the staff to be extremely helpful and pleasant and the food to be delicious. We hope to host you again sometime very soon!
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
Evelyn
"I would stay again"
Overall a good hotel. Breakfast was great.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your kind words on the Holiday Inn Harbourview! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and hope to welcome you back again sometime in the near future.
1 night business trip May 29, 2015
"Sleep would be nice..."
Loud air conditioner that would randomly cut in and out.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We would like to apologize for the issues you encountered regarding the air conditioner and would like to assure you that this is not the norm. We very much hope you will return to the hotel so that we can exceed your expectations!
1 night business trip May 25, 2015
"Nice, average hotel..."
Not bad, not great, just a nice average hotel. Good location by the bridge. Have stayed a few times. It's in Dartmouth, not Halifax.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and hope you will be back soon!
1 night business trip May 19, 2015
"central hotel"
Stay was good, comfortable bed, but room had no safe, fridge, microwave.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We greatly appreciate your 4-star review and are pleased to hear that your overall stay was good and that you enjoyed our comfortable beds. We would also like to apologize for any inconveniences regarding lack of safe, fridge and microwave in your room. Upon your next visit, please be sure to request a room with a microwave and/or fridge, and we will be certain to book you in a room with these amenities. Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you back here again soon!
13 night romance trip Apr 25, 2015
wade
"AMAZING!!!!"
It was like walking into a mansion!!!! Everything was SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! Even the elevators were beautiful, ha, ha. The staff was amazing, so friendly!!!! I am SOOOO going back!!!!! In fact I plan on having this hotel being my one and only!!!! Everything smelt so good and the room was amazing!!!! Everything was so clean and organized. The beds were super comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was unbelievably amazing!! The view was incredible as well!! I loved my stay!!!! I recommend this hotel!!!!
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
"Not Impressed...Won't stay again!!!!"
The toilet suck constantly. There was almost no water pressure in the shower as you had to have the dial at full hot to get hardly luke warm....you were chasing around under the shower looking for water. The sink was half plugged......took forever to drain out. I reported the problem of no hot water and extremely low water pressure.....no response and no fix. They share the parking with a business center also so you often had to walk great distances to get to your car. Will not stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your constructive feedback. It's feedback like this that we truly appreciate so that we can improve areas in which we may not be exceeding guests' expectations. We have passed along your comments to the appropriate departments so that these issues can be resolved immediately. Additionally, we would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered during your recent stay with us. We do hope that you will return to the hotel and will give us a second chance to really "WOW" you.
3 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
"Gym machines out of order."
Gym machines were out of order. (3 out of 4). Due to snow storm we arrived a day earlier and we were accommodated happily.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for the 5-star review on our hotel! We are so pleased to hear that our staff went above and beyond and that you were able to be accommodated a day early. Regarding the machines in the fitness centre - we will most definitely pass this information along to our maintenance department so that they can fix this. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to the area!
1 night romance trip Mar 15, 2015
Syed Mahmud Raza
"Not fantastic but not bad"
The room was fine. It was small but nice. The hotel seems like it has seen better days but I really have no complaints. I received exactly what I paid for.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you had an overall enjoyable stay and hope to welcome you back again upon your next visit to the Halifax / Dartmouth area!
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"will go back!"
Staff was friendly and very helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview! We are so pleased to hear that you had such a lovely experience with our friendly and helpful staff and that you will return to the Holiday Inn Harbourview upon your next visit to Halifax/Dartmouth. We very much look forward to seeing you then!
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Cidalisa
"Love"
I loved the view I had although it wasn't so special , I love the room set up and the lobby decor , the bartender was sweet and let me bring my drinks up which isn't always allowed the staff always friendly and sweet & it's a really clean hotel ! Next time I come to Nova Scotia this will be where I stay . 100%
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview! We are pleased to hear that you loved our décor and that you had an overall pleasant experience. We love hearing that we are your hotel of choice when visiting the province and we very much look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
ash
"The No Sleep Hotel..."
Constant noise all night from the plumbing - terrible, woken up several times at night by dunks in the hallways. Stayed with a small group, they had a similar experience. The "gym" is a couple of cardio machines, lame. They have a deal with a gym across the street, if you want to go across the street in the weather. Wont stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your review on the Holiday Inn Harbourview. All reviews are taken into consideration by management in order to identify areas in need of improvement. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced at our hotel. We have shared your notes with the maintenance and night audit team and a thorough follow-up is being conducted. Thank you again for bringing these matters to our attention.
1 night business trip Oct 23, 2014
"Good location in Dartmouth and close to Halifax"
The bed was too firm but overall the room was fine.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We appreciate all feedback, both positive and constructive. We do apologize about the firmness of the bed. However, we are happy to hear that your overall stay was good. We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Other trip Oct 15, 2014
"very nice"
Would stay again!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great experience at our hotel. We hope to have you back soon!
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2014
Tammie
"saisfied"
very relaxing
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We are so pleased to learn that you had a very relaxing vacation. We will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the Holiday Inn Harbourview team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
1 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Ok"
It was ok ,location and price were fine.The wash room could be bigger/Space.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I do hope that the next time you are in town you will consider staying with us again.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Halifax"
Excellent location, just off the bridge to Dartmouth. It took 5-10 minutes driving to get to the city where all the restaurants are, etc. The only thing to be improved would have been to have breakfast included. The hotel wanted an additional charge since the rate was so low ( booked through Expedia ).
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for contributing your comments to Expedia. I appreciate your kind words about our excellent location. We do hope to have you return on your next trip to Halifax/Dartmouth.
Other trip Sep 18, 2014
Ada
"Nice hotel in Dartmouth"
We liked this hotel a lot. Nice restaurant. It is located close to the ferry, a 10 minute walk to the ferry across to Halifax. Very comfortable room.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Please accept our gratitude for the kind review you shared on Expedia. We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
liz
"Just what you expect"
Stay was comfortable and quiet. Location was Dartmouth but close to the Bridges to cross so best case if not downtown.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We always enjoy hearing why guests enjoyed their stay with us so we thank you for your feedback. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.
2 night trip Aug 29, 2014
"Nice hotel but disappointed with the room"
I guess you get what you pay when booking online. Room was alright, bathroom was in two different sections, sink on one side and toilet and shower on other, did not like that at all. Air conditioner was way too noisy, had to shut it off to sleep then got to hot. The bed was super comfortable though, and the room was clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We are very appreciative of you taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize that the room layout wasn't to your liking, however I'm glad to note that you found the bed comfortable and the room clean. Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
Other trip Sep 3, 2014
Maggie
Dated, good location, not walking distance to downtown Halifax. But a short drive or cab
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We appreciate you taking the time to review our property and we hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Holiday Inn"
We had browsed different hotels on this sight, and after viewing the photos of this hotel, decided to upgrade to a king suite. What a disappointment that was, the photos they are displaying can not be of this particular hotel, our room was very small, old and dated, the bathroom sink was in the room where the closet should be, and the toilet and tub was in the smallest space I had ever seen, and you had to open the door and come out into the bathroom to wash your hands. Our room included two free breakfasts , but they said I only qualified for 1 because I didn't check the box with 2 adults and that it would be an extra 10 dollars for the extra person in the room. When I recieved the final bill, they charged me 14 dollars for parking overnight, even though there were no gates or ticket dispensers , and no signs stating they charged for parking. Do not choose this hotel!!!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding our hotel. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. I would like to point out that when booking on Expedia it does indicate that parking is an extra fee. We truly hope you will consider giving us a second opportunity in the future.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Stephen
"Hotel was close"
Hotel staff very helpful and location within walking distance to many sights, up hill walk.linda
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service and location excellent. If you return to the city we hope you will once again choose to stay with us.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
linda
Was great manager very accommodation, gave us free breakfast and void the parking due to staff error, clean and quiet. Thank God we did not have to pay for the buffet breakfast it cold and over cook.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us despite the error that occurred. Thank you for your feedback about the breakfast buffet, I have passed your comment on to our Executive Chef. We hope to see you back should your travels bring you back to the city and again, thank you for your comments.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Gertie
"close to ferry across to halifax"
Staff were friendly enough. no free breakfast or parking and no fridge all downgrade this one for me.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
ok
2 night family trip Aug 9, 2014
"5-10 minute walk to Alderney, TIBS"
Decent room, clean. Beds were OK. Right off the Dartmouth commons, and very handy for the ferry. Parking is $10-12 extra.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Halifax/Dartmouth and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. We hope to have you back soon. Thanks
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
Yve
"Very disappointed"
From what the hotel looked like and getting into room! Very disappointed in the holiday inn on this one! Very old rooms and very run down
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to see how our customers perceive our hotel.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Place to sleep and it's close to the bridge."
It was handy to the bridge and ferry to Halifax but non around the hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
It's so pleasing to read that our location was convenient for you. I sincerely hope that you had a pleasant trip and would love to welcome you back sometime in the near future to experience more of what the hotel and area has to offer. Thank you!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Gerrh
"Yes I liked it!"
It was very comfortable and convenient.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for your kind compliments and we hope to welcome you back again soon!
3 night trip Jul 22, 2014
"expect little to avoid dissapointment"
Expect to pay for parking, expect very little else. For the money should be much nicer. Garbage in the parking lot, smells old book like. Convient location all it has going for it.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
brad
"Issue"
Had an issue . Hotel wouldn't correct it because we booked through hotels.com
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for your comment. Depending on what the issue was in most cases it does have to go back to Hotels.com to fix. I apologies you did encounter and issue but I hope it did not ruin your stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you back.
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Stacie
"nice hotel very clean pool"
The hotel was close to everything we wanted to see and do. (shopping, the Tattoo, etc.) The pool was very clean and not at all crowded. Dry pool towels were handily placed. The staff was friendly and the hotel was nice and clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We always appreciate our guests that take the time to leave such nice comments about our hotel. Thank you and we hope you will choose to stay with us again on your next trip to Halifax/Dartmouth.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Gail
"Wedding night stay"
Great friendly service. Stress-free booking. Everything went as smooth as could be. Definitely recommended.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
It was our pleasure to host you as our guest! We are always striving to improve our hospitality and service and we appreciate your kind words about the hotel. Thank you!
3 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
Shane
"good"
service is good, especially the breakfast. Room keeping is also good.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for these kind words! I am very pleased that we provided you with a pleasant stay, a clean room and most importantly, good service. We also appreciate your comment about our breakfast and will be sure to pass it along to the team.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
"Very nice Hotel"
The hotel have a very nice location, close to the MacDonald bright, a main bus stop, so you can come or go to the airport using public transportation. And it is just 3 blocks from the ferry stop, plus have some stores around Tim Hortons, Shopperdrugmart, Mc Donals, dollarama, subway. Etc The room are very comfortable and clean. The swimming look normal is no big but is not small neighter
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Amazing review, thank you so much for such lovely feedback! It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Carlos
"Appreciate the ease"
Loving the fact that this hotel is close to downtown without the high prices. I also appreciate this hotl for not requiring a cash/money deposit for incidentals at check in. Who wants to pay a second time for their room? It is nice just to have my credit card on file but not be charged then credited after. Keep this policy! It sets you apart from all the others. This hotel is well kept and clean. Maybe I have low expectation but I have never had any problems with cleanliness. I was even worried booking through an outside source figuring we may have problems during check in but nothing but smiles and welcomes. Great job both holiday inn and expedia!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
What a great review! It is so pleasing to read that you found our property clean and the location ideal. We appreciate that you took the time to review our property on Expedia and we hope you will return again soon. Thank you!
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
The hotel was amazing, comfortable and clean! Everything was perfect and quiet. The staff was great and very polite. Only downfall was not knowing we had to pay an extra 9.95 plus tax for parking per night of our stay until we got there. After paying hundreds of dollars to stay to be made to pay for parking without choice of refusal so we could park somewhere else. Other then that amazing hotel and would stay over and over again! Beautiful hotel and very great stay!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I was delighted to read of your recent stay with us. Thank you for your comments in regards to parking. I have shared them with the Front Office Manager and she will address it with her team. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Close to halifax ferry"
Enjoyed the closenest of two cities, be prepared to pay for parking.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for taking the time to comment after your stay with us. It is pleasing to note that our location was ideal for you.
1 night trip Jun 18, 2014
Traveller
"Best Staff"
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Beds were sooooo comfortable. Would defiantly stay there again
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for taking the time to share your kind compliments on Expedia and we will look forward to your next stay with us.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Sue
"Better then you might think..."
We originally started our search for a hotel in Halifax but the price point was higher than we'd hoped for. Several hotels in Dartmouth kept popping up on the search and we finally decided to choose on Holiday Inn express. Although several people from Halifax laughed at us when they heard we are staying in Dartmouth and even said "why would you stay there" this had is a little worried. However it was all for naught! The hotel is situated right beside one of the bridges over into Halifax as well as a short three minute walk to the ferry dock. Access to Halifax was extremely easy as we were able to drive, take a taxi or the local ferry. The hotel was clean spacious and staff very accommodating with lots of parking. I would have no hesitation staying at this location again.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Congratulations on discovering us at the Holiday Inn Harbourview. We think we are Dartmouth's best kept secret and it’s great to see that you think as we do! The team here at the hotel and myself are delighted to know that you have had a great time with us and that you would have no hesitations staying with us again.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
RB
"The worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed!"
Hard to imagine how small the bath room is. Bought a parking ticket from Holiday Inn parking lots, but when I checked in the staff told me I had to pay the parking fee directly to them, so I paid the parking fee twice!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so we can take appropriate steps to correct them. We hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Halifax/Dartmouth
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"So so"
Stained carpet, small bathroom, loud air conditioner
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Sorry to read your stay was not all it could have been. We train our staff members to treat any carpets that have the appearance of any type of stain and we apparently missed the one in your room. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. It would be great if you have a chance to give us a go again
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Pretty Good"
Good location, clean room, good food. They didn't seem totally prepared when we had to call housekeeping for something, but everything got worked out anyway
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Harbourview for your recent trip to Dartmouth/Halifax and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future
3 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, but......"
The hotel was nice, I restaurant was also very good. We were issued a non-working key card..which we had to go back to the front desk to have another issued to us. The location was good, and next to the city and highways. We booked the hotel through Hotels. com, and wasn't happy with the rate, because it was different than advertised on the internet, we though we were getting breakfast included, but were not, even asked the front desk, and we were denied that request. Also in the early part of the evening there was a barking dog in the next room.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Bruce Alley
"A bed of rocks"
The room was very clean however the movie channel is there you can't use it. The bed was the most uncomfortable I've ever had. The heating system is prehistoric and it was beyond hot too bad because the location is perfect and the room is super clean.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Combining business with pleasure"
Attended a conference on site. The conference facilities were great - nice large ballroom, technical staff were great; food was very good. Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights - very nice room with balcony. Always nice to be able to open the door to get fresh air and step outside. Hotel staff very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Sara
"Very Disappointing"
We found the hotel very noisy as we could hear EVERYTHING the children in the next room had to say. A bill for parking slipped under our door during the night was a shock. We have stayed in hotels around the world and never had to pay for parking before. The cost of breakfast was excessive. The hotel we stayed in the night before had a wonderful FREE continental breakfast. Very disappointing experience.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"lacking"
Got the king suite. Few was great but no mini fridge and a less then inspiring bathroom. Certainly not anything special. Parking was annoying. You are in machine pay lot but they will also try to charge parking to your room. Wonder how many people have paid outside and got charged to the room.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We are constantly seeking feedback from our guests, and therefore, the comments and feedback that you kindly shared in your review, were indeed appreciated and used to review certain areas of our operations. Thank you for sharing your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
dustin
"Less than Expected"
There were several minor issues which caused me to feel I was getting less than expected: 1) Only a mini-fridge was available. A micro-wave was never delivered, despite checking in at 3pm on Wednesday and staying until Sunday, a microwave was never made available. 2) The in-room movie service was unavailable upon check-in, and when inquired, were told that there was a malfunction. However, on Friday when I inquired again, I was told that the contract had ended, and they didn't have another provider. 3) I received neither the morning newspaper or the refund for not getting the newspaper. However, they never charged me for parking, so I'll call that a wash. (Despite really wanting access to the news) 4) Unrelated to the hotel specifically, but the exit to the main-street/Dartmouth Sportsplex was locked after 5pm and on the weekend. If the hotel sells itself as easy access to the Sportsplex, then the access to the crosswalk ought not be locked.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014