All hotels in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here101 Wyse Rd, Dartmouth, NS, B3A 1L9, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9227

"The worst Holiday Inn I have ever stayed!"
Hard to imagine how small the bath room is. Bought a parking ticket from Holiday Inn parking lots, but when I checked in the staff told me I had to pay the parking fee directly to them, so I paid the parking fee twice!
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so we can take appropriate steps to correct them. We hope you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back to Halifax/Dartmouth
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"So so"
Stained carpet, small bathroom, loud air conditioner
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Sorry to read your stay was not all it could have been. We train our staff members to treat any carpets that have the appearance of any type of stain and we apparently missed the one in your room. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. It would be great if you have a chance to give us a go again
1 night trip Jun 4, 2014
"Pretty Good"
Good location, clean room, good food. They didn't seem totally prepared when we had to call housekeeping for something, but everything got worked out anyway
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
I would like to thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Harbourview for your recent trip to Dartmouth/Halifax and also for then taking the time to write a review of our property. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future
3 night trip with friends May 30, 2014
"Nice hotel, but......"
The hotel was nice, I restaurant was also very good. We were issued a non-working key card..which we had to go back to the front desk to have another issued to us. The location was good, and next to the city and highways. We booked the hotel through Hotels. com, and wasn't happy with the rate, because it was different than advertised on the internet, we though we were getting breakfast included, but were not, even asked the front desk, and we were denied that request. Also in the early part of the evening there was a barking dog in the next room.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Bruce Alley
"A bed of rocks"
The room was very clean however the movie channel is there you can't use it. The bed was the most uncomfortable I've ever had. The heating system is prehistoric and it was beyond hot too bad because the location is perfect and the room is super clean.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Combining business with pleasure"
Attended a conference on site. The conference facilities were great - nice large ballroom, technical staff were great; food was very good. Stayed in the hotel for 2 nights - very nice room with balcony. Always nice to be able to open the door to get fresh air and step outside. Hotel staff very pleasant and helpful.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Sara
"Very Disappointing"
We found the hotel very noisy as we could hear EVERYTHING the children in the next room had to say. A bill for parking slipped under our door during the night was a shock. We have stayed in hotels around the world and never had to pay for parking before. The cost of breakfast was excessive. The hotel we stayed in the night before had a wonderful FREE continental breakfast. Very disappointing experience.
Other trip May 10, 2014
"lacking"
Got the king suite. Few was great but no mini fridge and a less then inspiring bathroom. Certainly not anything special. Parking was annoying. You are in machine pay lot but they will also try to charge parking to your room. Wonder how many people have paid outside and got charged to the room.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
We are constantly seeking feedback from our guests, and therefore, the comments and feedback that you kindly shared in your review, were indeed appreciated and used to review certain areas of our operations. Thank you for sharing your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
dustin
"Less than Expected"
There were several minor issues which caused me to feel I was getting less than expected: 1) Only a mini-fridge was available. A micro-wave was never delivered, despite checking in at 3pm on Wednesday and staying until Sunday, a microwave was never made available. 2) The in-room movie service was unavailable upon check-in, and when inquired, were told that there was a malfunction. However, on Friday when I inquired again, I was told that the contract had ended, and they didn't have another provider. 3) I received neither the morning newspaper or the refund for not getting the newspaper. However, they never charged me for parking, so I'll call that a wash. (Despite really wanting access to the news) 4) Unrelated to the hotel specifically, but the exit to the main-street/Dartmouth Sportsplex was locked after 5pm and on the weekend. If the hotel sells itself as easy access to the Sportsplex, then the access to the crosswalk ought not be locked.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Patrick
"Convenient"
Convenient- we were attending a conference and so everything we needed was close by.
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
"Great hospitality great restraunt staff"
Great staff great food and comfortable rooms with quality internet
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Old hotel"
If I were not attending a meeting at this hotel I would never have stayed here.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
"close to work"
It was fine. The room was great and the dining room was much better than | remembered.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and the restaurant here at the Holiday Inn Harbourview. There have been some changes in our restaurant so it's great to hear that your experience this time was better than the last. Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon.
1 night business trip Mar 13, 2014
"not bad"
to pricey for what you get. dining room to expensive.
Other trip Mar 4, 2014
"Nice hotel, very clean"
Business trip. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. They were happy to go out of their way to help. The food in the hotel restaurant was great and well priced. The room was quiet, comfortable and exceptionally clean. I enjoyed my stay and will book with this hotel again.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014
R
We found the bed very uncomfortable. As it was not firm enough, and with all the padding on the bed itself, it felt too hot underneath the sheets. Making for an uncomfortable night's sleep. But clear of that our stay was fine.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Many thanks for bringing this to our attention and we are sorry to hear of the sleep troubles you encountered. We appreciate your comments and hope to be your hotel of choice on your next trip to Dartmouth or Halifax.
1 night trip Feb 22, 2014
"Beautiful view"
We love it and will come back again sometime soon.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Jason, we are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Harbourview. It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests that have great experiences with us and we can't wait to have you back.
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2013
Jason Hulan
The hotel was good but I think we got a bad room. The heat didn't work so it was so cold.
Response by Holiday Inn Halifax - Harbourview
Dear Ken, Glad to hear you liked the Holiday Inn Harbourview. I apologize for the inconvenience that you had with the heater in your room. This type of problem can occasionally occur in older buildings such as ours. This is an issue that we will be working on in the near future when our hotel undergoes various improvements. Again, we do thank you for sharing your experience and we would welcome the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Kent
Excellent location for venues in both Halifax & Dartmouth. Impressive to see recycling bins in each room. Exceptionally friendly staff, both front desk and cleaning staff. Would stay here again.
5 night trip Sep 19, 2013
"Disappointing tired room."
The hotel staff seemed to be hard to access. The cleaning staff are very helpful, kind and go out of their way to help. The rest of the staff although polite they are not very helpful. I had asked why I was not given an executive room like I had paid for and was told that I would have to sacrifice the balcony to move to an executive room because they didn't save one for my booking. They said And I quote, I should be happy with what I had because it was considered an upgrade anyway. It was a king bed and did have a small writing desk in it. I asked for a cork screw and waited 45 minutes to get one and there were pieces missing. The desk chair was broken and could not be adjusted up so difficult to sit in. I ordered room service breakfast and it took well over an hour to receive it even though I was told it would be 20 minutes. Then it arrived and the order was partially wrong. The server told me he could fix it if I really wanted him too. The bathroom in the room was very small and difficult to move around in and the tub stopper did not work and the water drained all out when I tried to take a bath. The room overall was tired looking and contains no closet and shallow drawers that are filled with pillows and blankets. It was very difficult to get through to the front desk, the phone would ring and ring at one time I counted 30 times then hung up. Many attempts need to be made before there is a response.
Other trip Sep 10, 2013
Lesley
"A good improvement"
Our second stay at this hotel and the internal decor has been modernised.We chose this hotel as a good place to stay after picking up our hire car from the nearby airport as it has free parking and is more easily accessible than hotels across the water in Halifax.The ferry across the water to Halifax is a short walk away from the Hotel.Near the hotel are several fast food outlets and 2 Tim Hortons!The adjacent Mac Donald bridge has a spectacular walk with views of the harbour.
2 night trip Sep 5, 2013
CharlesB
"The Hampton is much better at the same price"
The room did not smell fresh,did not seem clean. I stayed at the Hampton the next night for the same price and it was much much better
Other trip Sep 8, 2013
female
"Hotel in Dartmouth"
Stayed two nights, three people. Beds were comfortable, but bathroom was small and needed updating.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Joanie
"Easy access to Halifax."
Dinner in Cafe 101 was quite good; however, although the breakfast offered decent selection the quality of the eggs, ham, and bacon was near unacceptable. Bathroom appeared to be clean but had an odor of uncleanliness.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Great place to stay!"
Great experience :) Just a short walk to the ferry
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"natal day"
disappointing for a Holiday Inn, oviously very old, rooms need upgrading
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Dartmouth Stay"
Overall it was okay. The hotel was in Dartmouth (1/2 hour walk over McDonald Bridge to Halifax Harbour). We booked it by mistake (thought we were booking right in Halifax) but turned out to be fine and not a major inconvenience which we were worried about. The restaurant was okay, it seemed fairly quiet. We asked for a room facing the Harbour which he changed for us. One thing we didn't like is you had to pay for parking ($10 per night). Also, the pillows were very uncomfortable.
Other trip Aug 4, 2013
"Restaurant and Bar Closed."
Restaurant and bar closed for the evening due to a wedding reception. Found this awkward. All else was fine....staff PARTICULARLY friendly and helpful in all ways. Recommended.....if all one needs is a good place to sleep.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Bud
"disappointed"
disappointing outside noise small bathroom uncomfortable beds damaged ceiling
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Good hotel , traffic very busy"
Good hotel very clean and friendly staff. Didn't like that you had to pay for parking to stay at their establishment and hotel is close to the toll bridge so traffic very busy. Overall good hotel for the price
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
Situated in a good location in Dartmouth, close to ferry or bridge to Halifax. Nice outdoor pool. Staff is very friendly, vey willing to help out with any issue.
3 night family trip Jul 18, 2013
TF
"Comfortable!"
The front desk clerk was unpleasant. She was snippy and even rolled her eyes at a guest when they called down stairs for services. When the next shift came in the front desk clerk was great! The room smelled a little musty, but it was nice to have a balcony we opened the doors let the room air out. The bed was really really comfortable. The room had the smallest bathroom! The sink and mirror were in a seperate room that the tub and toilet wich was different... And a little awkward. But all in all a very homely feeling ; very comfortable
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
Steph
"Very handy location"
Friendly and helpful staff and a quick trip across the Macdonald bridge puts this hotel high on my list for a return visit to Halifax.
1 night trip Jul 14, 2013
Great
1 night romance trip Jul 12, 2013
Jay
"Imagination"
Great hotel. We had 3 kids with us but only room for 2. Because there was no portable bed available they came up with a solution for our youngest. They improvised a little bed with some sofa cushions. We appreciated the gesture and the little one slept well.
Other trip Jul 13, 2013
"Would Stay Here Again :)"
Friendly staff and clean rooms. Great view of the harbour.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"Tiny bathrooms"
The only problem with this hotel is the bathroom. It is tiny and does not have a hand wash sink it is on the other side of the entrance hall. A very strange set up.
Other trip Jun 26, 2013
"great hotel"
Great hotel, nice rooms, good food . Close to the ferry only 5 minute walk.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
We had a pleasant time & been going there a lot of times to get away for a couple of days ,very friendly & good service .
2 night romance trip May 31, 2013
Babineau "s
"halifax dartmouth"
very satisfied, 2nd time I stay at this hotel and will probably stay there again next trip.
2 night business trip May 28, 2013
carmen
"A nice place to visit in Dartmouth"
Nice hotel close to transit services and the harbour
Other trip Jun 4, 2013
"Quality"
very good!!! very clean and the quality of the staff is great!!! The comfort ant condition of the room was excellent
Other trip May 21, 2013
"Refurbished but bathrooms need updating too."
The hotel was clean and convenient and the room was well furnished and looked like it had new bedding etc. The bathroom was old, the tub looked like it had been reglazed and fixtures not great. It was convenient but I would probably look for somewhere a bit more up to date.
Other trip May 10, 2013
me
"overall ok"
Was a good one night stay. Breakfest was great a filling the staff very friendly. Guess its been awhile since I stayed a hotel as I was surprised that I was charges for parking but guess its the norm now.
Other trip Jan 29, 2013
"New Year's Eve"
It was our first time staying here at this hotel and there is nothing bad I can say about this experience. I would recommend this hotel to evryone.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
"Would never recommend"
The stay at the hotel was horrible the staff weren't helpful they never even asked how out stay was. We were kept up until 3am by other guests yelling and partying as well as a band playing downstairs. Worst hotel experience of my life.
Other trip Jan 2, 2013
Court
"Lovely hotel"
Room lovely, roomy, full amenities. Breakfast very good and within reasonable price. Location good. My second or third stay here, but ask for a room with a balcony high up for a really good view of the harbour.
Other trip Oct 29, 2012
"at conference there.did not travel much"
Good food, good servive
1 night business trip Oct 20, 2012
cheryl
good
2 night trip Oct 12, 2012
"great location"
awesome stay , great staff , great location.
Other trip Oct 2, 2012