All hotels in Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America

Good internet service
  • Value
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
overall is good i stayed there for a night. clean room and comfort bed, helpful staff, nice complimentary breakfast, free wi-fi and mostly important free parking for my needed. the price is very reasonable and friendly for all these as a package. closed to shopping mall and public transportation. i was told by hotel staff there's free shuttle bus every half hour to train station. by the way, if you're driving, it's little difficult to find the garage entrance because no left and right turn in Boston street. i get into there from next door south bay mall.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
stephy
"Very nice stay"
Had a great time. The hotel was clean and courteous and freindly.
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
glen
"Worth it!"
The room cost a bit more than I wanted, but it was well worth it. The room was fantastic, clean and spacious. Street parking is troublesome if you don't use their valet service, but their complimentary breakfast was excellent and had many options.
4 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
"Average place"
Room was pretty small but not to the point that I was unhappy. Breakfast was average, parking was free, but not the easiest to find a place. Overall, it was fine.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Christopher from Houston, Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you found our place to be fine overall. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. All the best, Wagner Q. AGM
3 night business trip Jan 22, 2015
Christopher
"Pleasant stay"
Stayed here for a day to see a concert at the TD center. Staff was very helpful. Close to subway. Easy to get to. Breakfast not the greatest but had many choices. Comfortable room.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Been here twice, never had an issue. Rooms are clean, quiet, comfortable, and affordable.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Ciaran
"good"
people in this hotel are very kind, the room contains kitchen which bring me a feeling of family.
2 night trip Jan 18, 2015
lingbo
"Convenient hotel in Boston"
Was here just for one night. The stay was pleasant, the room had all the basic amenities. The staff was great.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
visitor
"Will return!"
When I arrived I was told there were no rooms left (the hotel was full from what I could see as well) but the front desk was very accommodating and bumped me up to a suite for no extra charge. The suite was great! the breakfast was good. the area was fine. I'm not familiar with using taxis and public transport because I'm from the west coast and the front desk was very helpful in letting me know how I can get around. Overall a great stay. I'll definitely stay again during my next visit!
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2015
"Affordable, clean option in South Boston"
Conveniently located to my office and to Andrews subway station. Free breakfast was a nice touch.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Anita from New York City. thank you for your valuable feedback, we are glad you found our hotel to be clean and affordable. All the best, Wagner Q. AGM
2 night business trip Jan 6, 2015
Anita
"Close to northeastern u and mall."
Nice room Great breakfast Big breakfast room Plenty of parking spaces P
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
Pete
"Enjoy staying in Holiday Inn Express Boston"
Good stay in boston. Lots of stores behind the hotel.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
MONICA
"Review"
Comfortable
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Osborne from New York, Thank you for your kind feedback, we are very glad you found our hotel comfortable. All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2014
osborne
"Great service and a pleasant stay!"
I stayed for 2 nights, a week apart, as I was flying out of Logan and needed to spend the night in the area (I took a bus down from Maine where I live.) I was extremely pleased each time. Both nights I requested a small carton of milk as I take some medication at night and they opened up the pantry and gave me the milk and would not take payment for it. I also had trouble with my lock one night and a gentleman from engineering came right away and replaced the key card lock in my door. I would recommend this Holiday Inn Express to anyone. As an aside, I owned and operated my own B&B in Maine for 11 years, so I am familiar with quality guest services, and these folks are among the best! Thank you!!
1 night trip Dec 7, 2014
Marsha
"Savior!!"
We had to extend our stay on the mainland for medical reasons and moved from another hotel because of the amenities this one offered and definitely would stay here again. Everything was so convenient! Starting with the laundry, shuttles, breakfast, shopping stores nearby and not to mention friendly staff that made me feel at home.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Roberto from Puerto Rico, It was a great pleasure to have you staying at our hotel, thank you for taking your time posting your 5 star review here. We are thrilled you felt at home and hope to see you back again soon. All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
5 night family trip Dec 1, 2014
Roberto
"2nd stay since June 2014"
Shuttle service needs some updates, especially in communicating with front desk. I was left to wait for over and hr at the airport on arrival, and 45 minutes with no pick-up after 2 calls to the hotel. The rest of the services were excellent and the staff that I had contact with were very friendly and efficient.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Ronald from Woodbury, MN Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking your time leaving your valuable positive feedback here. We will definately review our shuttle services with our staff and management as we are always looking for ways to improve our services and amenities. Thank you and all the best, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
2 night trip Nov 28, 2014
Ronald
"Awesome stay"
It was awesome, good service, nice people. Oh and of course free breakfast
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Mark from Jersey city nj Thank you for posting your 5 star review here, we are thrilled that you had a awesome stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston. All the bestm Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
1 night trip Nov 21, 2014
mark
I found the hotel staff very helpful and easy to deal with. The free breakfast was fine and the service was great. Thank You.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Guest, we thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express Boston and posting this nice comment here o. All the best, Wagner Q Assistant General Manager
Other trip Nov 25, 2014
"Last minute lodging required, HIE was perfect."
Very accommodating and friendly staff and management, will stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Neil from Downeast Maine Thank you for your positive feedback, we are thrilled that you found our hotel very accomodating and friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant general Manager
1 night trip Nov 20, 2014
Neil
"First floor rooms remind me of a hospital"
We wanted a full size bed which is only available on the first floor. All rooms on the first floor are set up for mobility impaired and wheelchair access. The rooms smelled like a hospital
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Guest, Thank you for posting your valuable review here. All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager.
Other trip Nov 18, 2014
"Simple Pleasures"
It was perfect for me. It had everything I needed (a light breakfast every morning, coffee all day, friendly staff, and a 24/7 gym and business center). It was also right off the highway which for my work was great. I love that every room had a microwave and a fridge!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Patrick from New York City Thank you very much for your 5 star comment ! We are very happy to know you enjoy your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston and hope to see you back again soon. All the best, Wagner Q.
7 night business trip Nov 9, 2014
Patrick
"Boston"
Overpriced 200 dollars for a Holiday Inn
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Jose from Texas, Thank you for your valuable feedback, we work hard to offer outstanding value compared to our competition in a very expensive town such Boston. All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager.
1 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
Jose
"Nice hotel a little off hectic path"
Cozy enough. Room was hot when we checked in. Had to set AC to 60 with fan on constantly to cool it off and keep it cool. Otherwise, everything else was nice. Ice machine only on 2nd, 3rd, and 5th floors though.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Vance from Georgia, Thank you for taking your time to post your valuable review, we appreciate your feedback and will share your comments about room temperature with our housekeeping staff. All the best, Wagner Q.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Vance
"clean, convenient"
Big lobby, 7 min walk to subway stop. Rooms in good condition, clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear guest, thank you for your 5 star review ! We are very glad you found our hotel clean and convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back soon !
1 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"great experience. no complains"
Great
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Guest, Thank you for your great review !
2 night romance trip Oct 25, 2014
"1st trip to Boston"
The hotel is clearly older (gaps in doorway, aged ceiling and walls) but well maintained with new carpet, bedding, and room amenities (1st floor) as well as general cleanliness. I had called ahead to let them know I would have a very late check-in and I was given a quite large handicap accessible room on the first floor so I cannot attest to the size and condition of rooms above. The staff is friendly and very helpful and the lobby is roomy. Overall I was very comfortable here. This was an overnight stay from Logan before a trip to Salem the next day; my stay was brief as I had a delayed flight which put me there around 2am but the paperwork was all ready and set for me to sign so I could get straight to my room. Note: When I arrived at Logan and found the info desk I was informed I needed to call the hotel for the shuttle (which was 20 minutes away, and it was raining and windy and the pick-up is outside) so if you go this route be sure to call once you land and then walk outside and around (or figure out the way to get there from inside) to the courtesy shuttle pick-up. Traffic was terrible but the driver was great and friendly as well. The hotel and staff made the experience better and in the end I slept like a baby. Pricing is good for the area and conducive to the hotel and services.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Leslie from Texas. Thank you so much for such a great review, your feedback will sure help other guests. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our staff very helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back soon ! All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
1 night family trip Oct 22, 2014
Leslie
"Great location to visit Boston and JFK Library"
Overall pretty darn good. My early interface with the Front Desk was excellent. My second not so good. Another gentleman and I waited while the Front Desk was on the phone for 12 minutes with a potential customer I think. We both had very simple requests. His was about where to park, mine was my hotel keys no longer worked. We were both gone in a minute or so. Other staff were in the office behind the desk but seemed dis-interested in helping out. Really...?
2 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
Dan Johnson
"Easy access to downtown Boston"
Shuttle provided to & from subway. Breakfast included as well as free parking.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Sam from Auburn, thank you so much for your 5 star review ! We look forward to your return. All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant general Manager.
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
Sam
"Good service, good condition but pricey hotel"
The hotel is newly renovated. Service is good. The shuttle service is very convenient. The staff is very helpful. The only negative factor is the price, over USD350 for a 3 star hotel that is quite far away from the city centre.
3 night family trip Oct 7, 2014
"Best deal!"
The hotel staff is fantastic! The hotel is close to the "T" red line. Very convenient. Will stay here again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Thank you for your 5 star review, we strive to be an affordable hotel minutes from the action of downtown Boston. All the best, Wagner Q. AGM
1 night family trip Sep 24, 2014
We just needed a place to rest overnight. Great service, nice breakfast!
1 night trip Sep 23, 2014
Andy
"My room had a terrible Oder."
Reported that my room had a terrible oder. Staff sent someone to clean the room but it did not help. insisted to be moved but due to booking cold not. changed room the next day.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston. Please accept my apologies for your experience at our hotel. I have reviewed your case and I want to reassure your comments are being shared with our management team and ownership. We will take the necessary steps improve our services and amenities. I truly appreciate your patronage and look forward to the opportunity to make it up to you should you decide to give us another try. Best regards, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Wayne
"Amazing Staff!"
I cannot say enough good things about the staff at this particular Holiday Inn Express. I encountered one of the janitors, shuttle drivers and several of the reception staff both during the day and overnight shifts. Each person went out of their way to help me and spoke to me like they actually respected me as a person, unlike many other hotels and bnbs I have stayed at. As for the location, definitely not the best spot but it was quiet even though we were right near the highway. The room was free of mildew odors and the bedding seemed pretty modern. There was one piece of hair on the tub, otherwise very clean. I get grossed out pretty easily so in my opinion I was very happy with the room. It would have been perfect if the hotel had a pool. My friends and I were able to walk to a nearby bar but we didn't really go exploring in Southie. I believe I saw a Target and Home Depot within walking distance. We used the shuttle services for early morning airport drop off and got dropped off at Andrews station to hang out in Chinatown for the evening. It was incredibly convenient since parking was included in the hotel price.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"satisfied customer"
Our room was clean. Bed was comfortable. Service was good. Breakfast was good. Would recommend this motel.
3 night family trip Sep 8, 2014
"Pleasant place to stay"
Normal price. Clean and cozy. Subway quit near. Trade center around. I would recommend it to a friend and will stay there for the second time.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Great place to stay!"
Great location. Close to big name stores that offered a lot of conveniences. Easy highway access. Hotel was comfortable and clean. Bathrooms clean and bed very comfortable. Nice breakfast setup....everything was fresh. Will stay there again.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Traveler, Thank you for giving us 5 start, we are greatful that you enjoy you stay. All the best, Wagner Q. AGM
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
"Decent stay"
The rooms were kind of small but kept fairly clean and the staff was very nice. The location isn't bad and the shuttle was very convienent to get to downtown Boston. Free breakfast and good price made it worth it.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Guest, Thanks for your review, we are very glad our staff was very nice and you we offered good price along with complimentary breakfast.
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"Great value"
I think the price matches very well, and we got something from each buck. The neighborhood is not too interesting, but the metro is not too far away, so the city centre is reachable. Parking is free, and the breakfast is varied, and even includes an automatic pancake-machine :-)
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Hans, Thank you for your feedback, we are very glad you found our hotel offer great value near all the action in Downtown Boston. Best regards, Wagner.
2 night family trip Aug 17, 2014
Hans
"Family Trip"
This hotel is fine to stay all of the staff but one was very helpful and nice. Some things we are not use to seeing at night close to train station were drunks and homeless people. tried to get back to hotel before dark. But staff and hotel are very nice and helpful.
5 night family trip Aug 14, 2014
Beamer
"Holiday Inn E in Boston was not great."
Bad inaccessable location ---clean,good hot water,unbelievably small room----bad news.We'd never consider a Holiday Inn Express again. High price for a cubicle
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Ny, Please accept my deepest apologies for our location and room size. I truly appreciate your comments and look forward to any opportunity to improve our guest's experience. Best regards, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Gregory
"things need fixing"
i overheard the front desk apologizing for giving out a room with people in it. Under no circumstances would this be acceptable. The 3rd floor elevator on the right always says it is going up even when it is going down. People miss the elevator because of this. Every channel on the TV said what channel it was and they are all wrong. Very annoying.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Thank you for taking the time to write us your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Boston. We have reviewed your case and I want to reassure your comments are being shared with our management company and ownership in order to take the necessary steps improve our services and amenities to the best of our capabilities. I am certain you will find much improvement should you decide to give our hotel another try. All the best, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
bryan
"The hotel staffs were great. Breakfast was great."
The hotel staffs were fantastic and very friendly. Location of hotel was fair. Easy access to Subway, shopping and restaurants. The room was very clean.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Terry, Thank you for your nice review, we aim to please and we are thrilled you had a great experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Boston. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards, Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager.
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
Terry
"No Good"
Hotel room was dirty. Front desk not very friendly. Bad location.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Priscilla, Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us improve. Please accept my deepest apologies, the issues described is definitely not what we expect from any of our staff and we I understand your frustration about the service and amenities provided by our hotel. Best regards at your service. Wagner Q, Assistant General Manager
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Priscilla
"Most uncomfortable beds we have ever had"
5 people staying in suite. Pull out bed and roll away bed were no more than sheets on springs. Our kids could not sleep on them. Put our youngest in the king bed which sagged in the middle, which made it very uncomfortable for us too. Asked for mattress pads and an air bed. Request ignored. Got by using extra pillows we ordered to line the beds to make them not hurt.
3 night trip Jul 31, 2014
MG
Hotel had some renovation happening in the breakfast room so that was a little noisy but it was very short-lived. The room was extremely clean and very comfortable - we stayed there while taking the bar so it was especially helpful that the hotel/hallway itself was quiet at night and that the beds were very comfortable. Breakfast was good and the hotel's offer for a free shuttle to the convention center was very convenient too. Location is convenient to many things, especially downtown Boston and the seaport area! The staff was also very nice and very professional. Glad we stayed here!
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Thanks for your comments, Jessica, we appreciate every opportunity to make our hotel better to our guests. My apologies for any inconvenience during lobby renovation, I am glad to inform it is all done now and our breakfast area looks much better. We aim to please and we are very glad your were happy with our staff. All the best, Wagner Q. AGM
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"Poor service"
Unexpected things can happen but management did a poor job of handling the situations.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Teresa, thanks for choosing our hotel. My apologies our team fell short to your expectations, please fell free to contact us directly with more details so we can try to make it right and learn from your experience. We are at your service, Wagner Q. AGM
3 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Teresa
"Boston before New England Cruise"
Very interesting, fun city. Friendly, helpful staff. Buffet breakfast was very good - never ran out of food!!! We were celebrating our 50th Anniv. and our children and grandchildren were with us. All 10 of us had a very good experience at the hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Minnesota Anniversary Group, congrats on your 50th anniversary, your comment just made our day ! Thanks for your patronage, we hope to see your family around again soon. Best regards, Wagner Q. AGM
2 night trip Jul 17, 2014
Minnesota Anniversary Group
"wonderful vacation"
Our 4 nights stay at your hotel was very comfortable and we had a good time , the free break fast had good choices , the drop off to Andrew T station was on time , the free parking and the proximity to the city with so many attractions was the highlight ... I recommend this hotel to anyone else who is looking for an extended stay , want to save money and still be close the city ...
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Srijit, Thank you kindly for your nice comment, we are very glad you enjoyed your extended stay with us and look forward to your return. All the best, Wagner Q. AGM
4 night family trip Jul 15, 2014
Srijit
"great hotel"
Close to the T. Overall, good experience.
4 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Ram
"One staff in particular very unpleasant."
Read the reviews about this place, decided to give it a shot since we were only going to be in Boston for a couple of days. Upon arrival and check in we we're told that they didn't have any king size rooms available so I got stuck with a full( they said it would be for only one night, haha) we decided to take it since they didn't have anything else available, well when we got to the room, even though the hotel was a non smoking hotel, our room smelled like an ashtray with cigarette burns in the shower curtain and other places. I am allergic to cigarette smoke, so I checked with the very unpleasant gentleman at the front desk who proceeded to toss me another key and told me to see if this would satisfy me. This room smelt even worse and still was not a king size like I had reserved. The other ladies tried to accommodate us the best they could, but they still didn't have anything available during our stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Express Boston
Dear Matt. Please accept my deepest apologies, the issues described is definitely not what we expect from any of our staff and we I understand your frustration about the service and amenities provided by our hotel. I have reviewed your case and I want to reassure you we will take the necessary steps improve our services. Overbooking is not policy at our hotel, we try very hard to the best of our capabilities to honor our reservations as we they have been confirmed. Please note that reservations made thru third party are sometimes booked by travel operators as "ROH" or best room available and hence your confirmation stating to be either one room type or the other. I truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to any opportunity to improve our guest's experience. Thanks for your patronage, we are at your service. Wagner Q. Assistant General Manager
Other trip Jun 18, 2014