All hotels in Elgin, Illinois, United States of America
495 Airport Rd, Elgin, IL, 60123, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9227

"Great service and amazing staff"
Very helpful staff I had a medical urgency and the front desk staff were amazingly helpful.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased that we were able to help in your time of need. Thank you for being our guest. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
Juan Alanis
"Wonderful!"
The hotel was modern and clean. The hotel breakfast could've been a little better and one elevator was out of service. The staff was courteous and helpful. Overall it was a wonderful experience and I would consider another stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We loved having you as our guests and our elevator maintenance company has promised faster response time since our staff are not allowed to do any repairs on the elevator. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
2 night family trip Aug 30, 2014
Sheri
"Unexpected Stay, But Great"
Whike visiting Elgin, I was hospitalized with a heart condition for two nights, but the Holiday in gave my wife a special "emergency" rate, and treated her well. When I was released, I stayed one night and enjoyed it very much.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I'm happy that we made things a little better during your visit to Elgin, I'm hoping that all is well with your health. Thank you for being our guests. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
Other trip Aug 26, 2014
"Another Great Stay At the Holiday Inn, Elgin,IL.!"
As expected, our hotel of choice - Holiday Inn, Elgin, met all our expectations! Hotel service was great. parking was perfect, the room was exceptionally clean. This was our 6th stay @ the Inn; so you can say we love the place! The hotel staff accomodated our every wish promptly, and to our total satisfaction! When we return to Illinois in the future- we will be staying at the Holiday Inn AGAIN!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for being our guests, we love serving you.
4 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
Rich J.
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel was beautiful. A pleasure after a long day on the hiway. The kids loved the pool. Thank you we will be back
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for being our guests, we loved serving you. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
Angel
"clean and comfortable"
The hotel was very nice. Comfortable and Clean. Save your money on the breakfast though and eat elsewhere. That was the only negative in our stay.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed our hotel, also your comments got us looking at a lower priced breakfast special items. Thank you for being our guest. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
"Enjoyed everything!"
We arrived in Elgin a day early for a reunion, and although we'd already booked another hotel (because it was recommended by those who planned the reunion), I chose to stay one night at the Holiday Inn. We hated to leave, and had our previous reservations been cancellable, we would have stayed at HI for the other nights as well. Lovely hotel, great service, and we enjoyed the food and drinks at the bar. Will definitely be staying at the Holiday Inn Elgin if we are ever in the area again.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for the 5 star review, we are looking forward to serving you on your next visit to our area. Thank you for being our guests. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Renee
"Nice and convenient to the interstate."
Everyone was really nice. I will recommend this holiday inn to others and I will be back.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We loved having you as our guest and are looking forward to serve you on a future visit.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
"High Quality Hotel"
Highest quality Holiday Inn we have ever had the pleasure of staying at!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. Many thanks for being our guest.
3 night trip Jul 8, 2014
Dean
We had a great time. The pool was wonderful. The elevator was the only issue. Sometimes it would not call when pushed. We were on the second floor so it wasn't that big of deal.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. The elevator problems were caused by a lightning strike which has been repaired.Many thanks for being our guests.
3 night trip Jul 3, 2014
"Very nice"
I will defintely stay here again. Beds are super comfortable
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to serving you on your next visit to Elgin.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2014
Anke
"Absolutely stunnee"
Staff was great. Cheap beautiful room. Attached to a fantastic restaurant. I will be back without a doubt.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. Thanks for the high praise, we are looking forward to serving you again.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Nick
"Would Stay Again"
It was fine. I was a little disappointed that none of us could check in early. I arrived in town at 11, so that was very understandable, but my friends arrived about 1:30 or 2:00 and still did not have rooms available for check in. Also, the breakfast buffet was a bit expensive, but since the entree's were about the same price I guess it worked out just fine.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We try our best to accomadate early arrivals, I'm sorry we didn't succeed on your arrival date. It was a pleasure having you as our guests.
1 night trip Jun 20, 2014
KLPN
Typical Holiday Inn experience. The staff was nice and there was coffee near the front desk. There is also a bar & restaurant on the ground floor. The hotel is very quiet although it is close to I90.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. Many thanks for being our guest.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Jimmie
"Good, clean rooms"
Service was a touch unprofessional when we let the check in employee know we wanted away from the busy rooms. He only needed to state that he gave us the best rooms currently available.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I shared your comments with our front office staff, I'm sorry for that unprofessional treatment. Many thanks for being our guest.
1 night trip Jun 7, 2014
Bobort
"No Internet, odor in room"
The hotel was nice. Check-in was annoying, as only 1 person was working the desk. I had a junior suite with a king bed, and the room was clean, but there was a distinct odor. I was glad my alergies were acting up so I couldn't smell much. Room service from Bennigan's restaurant in the hotel was great. Breakfast in the morning which I pre-paid for was tastey, a buffet with omelets, bacon, waffles, and all the standard breakfast buffet trimmings. I only wish the waitress would have brought my coffee and juice. I had to get it myself and she wasn't really doing anything that should have prevented her from doing this. My major issue during my one-night stay was that the Internet did not work, ever. Not that it was slow, it DID NOT WORK. I wasted time calling the help desk, etc., and was trying to work so got nothing done. In the morning when I checked out, they told me "it blew up" and still wasn't working. In today's day and age? Come on! They did give me about $25 worth of credit in response to my specifically asking for them to credit something from my bill, because I was so mad. So I did appreciate that. However, I'd rather pay for the services I expect than have a credit off my bill. For the rate I paid, I could have had a nice room downtown Chicago on a last-minute deal at a hotel chain in a higher tier.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I'm truly sorry for the problem you encountered with the lack of internet service, it was caused by a malfunctioning gateway system that required over 24 hours to arrive and service resumed. We are currently in the process of upgrading our entire system to prevent such events from occuring . Thank you for being our guest. Hratch Basmadjian, General Manager
1 night business trip Jun 10, 2014
Chitown
Our stay at this hotel was a great experience during our trip to Chicago. It was clean, and although crowded, was a very positive experience.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We loved having you as our guest.
6 night trip May 29, 2014
"Nora, the G.M. was great."
The overall experience was fantastic. Nora, the G.M. was Fantastic. I highly recommend this H.I.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for being our guest and the high praise.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Amazing Staff"
Staff was very attentive and friendly. Hotel was very clean and the continental breakfast was hot and well prepared. Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We loved serving you and are looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for being our guest.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Sandy
"no-hassle"
Room was perfect. Clean, no wierd smells or stains. It was also pretty quiet. During our stay there were many familys with kids staying for various sports tournaments and I didnt hear a thing once we were in the room. Also, I have a young one and the pool has plenty of shallow water for the teeny tiny to waddle around. It was no-hassle, and to me that was a vacation in itself.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. Our kid friendly pool is indeed a lot of fun for the younger set. Thank you for being our guests.
1 night trip May 17, 2014
Mom
"Nice hotel - GREAT beds!"
My niece booked this hotel for a bachelorette party. Some had an issue with booking rooms - although the room had 2 queens, they indicated an additional charge of $20 pp over 2 people. But I booked my room through Expedia - the reservation desk staff were great! We booked a jr suite. The hotel and room were clean, and very nice. There is a Bennigan's in the hotel, and an Alexander's next door with great food. But the best part was the King Bed - it was the most comfy bed I've ever slept on. I asked my nieces about the sofa bed they had and they said that it was comfy too - and commented on how great the pillows were. I agreed. I would stay again.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for being our guests.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Love this hotel!"
I absolutely loved this hotel. It was the nicest room I've stayed in, for quite a while! It is new and clean. The room was so comfortable and the decor very contemporary and pleasant. I would recommend ordering off the menu for breakfast as they had pretty good prices and it seemed like a nicer selection than the breakfast buffet. I highly recommend this hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We rae very pleased to have earned all that love you showered on our hotel , we will continue to do our best to keep earning your high praise.
1 night trip Apr 27, 2014
Terry
"Great!"
Staff was very helpful. They were quick to get anything that was asked for. Room was clean. Breakfast was good. My only complaint is that by the time we got to the hotel and settled in (12:30am) everything was closed. That Includes room service and all the local restraunts. Worth the price. Would stay again in a heartbeat.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry we missed your dinner business, our Bennigan's Restaurant serves dinner until 11PM on weekdays and midgight on weekends. Many thanks for being our guest.
1 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Leigha
"3 nights mommy and 2 yo"
Its was pretty good. Just a couple of issues with coustomer service. I say a maid in the hall and asked for cups as I was approaching my room. She pretended like she didnt speak english, the while I was in my room she came in and started talking. I guess that was because she was at my room before so she wanted to play. Next, my room came with a fridge, so after eatting breakfast at the hotel I decided to buy food at a SuperWalmart. The breakfast was cheap, butnot something I would ever buy again. When I came with my groceries thewoman at checkin gave me this face that ther meant she had gas or that I was tacky for bringing groceries. Later, in the visit I tried the other restaurant which was cheap and pretty impressive compared to the breakfast served at the other restaurant. Lastly, there was an issue with yet another concierge that didnt want to help me bring my luggage out the the desk. It was at her office are just around the corner and there was some at the desk. She asked me to come around to get my bags. I did but she saw I was kinda struggling. The least she could was help my to the desk so the taxi would help me to the car. Here I am one hand onthe 2yo and one on the luggage then go back forthe second luggage. Thinking to myelf "costumer service much?" But everone else I ran into was very extremely pleasant and I thought depite the other experience I would totally go back again because I got a good deal and I felt safe in my travel
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to have missed on the many opportunities you presented us to serve you better. We will do our best to improve. Thanks for being our guest.
4 night family trip Mar 21, 2014
rita
"A Hotel to Remember"
I absolutely love this hotel. It's clean, the staff over all are very polite and friendly. Our room was comfortable, clean and in good repair. The fact that a nice restaurant is attached is a definite bonus. The WiFi took a long time to hook up, but the tech was super patient and helped us get there. Only negative for both the hotel and restaurant is that they were short with the younger adult (18 years old) when they requested plates for our in room dinner.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback and more thanks for being our guest.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
Sue
Good hotel for the money. Room was very comfortable. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. I would definitely stay again.
2 night trip Mar 14, 2014
joan
"LOUD!"
overall not bad but we had a room next to a NOISY family. they were so loud and did not heed the security officer's warning about being quite. At 11;30 we had to change rooms. In this hotel if you are not on the back side overlooking the small parking area there is a lot of noise from the street and or freeway. Beds were comfortable though.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We have added extra security to monitor hallway noises. Thank you for being our guest.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
"Noisy Night"
The hotel is very nice but the toilet flushing is annoying and we had issues with people partying until 2 to 3 am in the morning.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. Our security staff monitors the hallways and tries to make sure that quiet is observed after 10 PM. I am very sorry we failed in quieting the group next to you during your visit . I have notified our staff to be stricter in our controls so that guests that are trying to sleep are not bothered by the noise. Agai, I am truly sorry for the problem and hope to curtail it better , even if it might require police assistance. Thank you for being our guest. Hratch Basmadjian, General Manager
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"Nice but needs improvement"
The facility was great and staff very helpful and polite. The room, however, needed improvement. The heat was so hot even at the lowest setting. Its was below zero temps outside but broiling inside. I had to turn it to air conditioning to keep room at a comfortable temp
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback, our replacement AC units have a constant fan feature which maintains air circulation for a more comfortable room. Thank you for being our guest.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2014
LM
Room was great, very comfortable bed, bathroom large, clean, beautiful. Room service ordered breakfast fast delivery and odd the food was only luke warm. Also odd 2 hours before check out time someone opened our door and almost completely walked in. No warning knock just opened the door wide enough for that person to notice the room was occupied.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. my sincere apology for the problem you experienced, I have talked to our housekeepers regarding knocking on door loud enough to be heard even in situations where they think that the room has already been vacated. Again many thanks for your kind comments . Hratch Basmadjian, General Manager
1 night trip Jan 17, 2014
Dora Ayala
"excellent kids pool"
Pool was perfect for young kids and hot tub was perfect for adults to relax. Bennigans restaurant had promo on Sunday whete kids eat free with adult entree and the hotel offered free breakfast for kids.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
tiffiany
"Good location. Nice facility."
Very convenient for my business needs. Clean, comfortable, easy to get to. WiFi was non-existent. Was repeatedly told they were resetting the servers to no avail.
Other trip Jan 18, 2014
trumpeter56
"Will definitely stay here again"
It was as expected. Great place to stay. Very professional and welcoming!
3 night business trip Dec 16, 2013
I must say the hotel employees were all very nice and perhaps this "conference center" hotel was having a bad day as there didn't seem to be more than a few guests and the weather was god awful as only Chicago can have and it seemed a nice hotel but when I got there at 10pm - having made reservation prior day - the heat was turned off in the room they assigned me and it was +/- 20 degrees outside and felt about as cold inside and the room was about a quarter mile from the front desk and I'd just driven on ice/snow for 4 straight hours and was simply exhausted and thought I'd just tough it out - bad decision as it took forever to warm up. The mattress, for example, still felt cold 2 hours latter. The remote control on the TV would not work unless standing right in front. To top it off, the next morning with my room's package of included breakfast - I went to the warmth of the restaurant and ordered off the menu and it was simply awful - pancakes were hard and doughy and could not be cut with a fork and the bacon tasted of rancid grease - yuck!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I am truly sorry for the problems you experienced bad weather is an expected event at this time of year, but a cold room and less than a perfect breakfast is not. Our housekeeping department is being diligent in making sure that the room heaters are on after they get done cleaning the rooms so that future guest avoid the cold room you were exposed to. Again I am truly sorry for the problems during your stay. Thank you for being our guest. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
1 night business trip Dec 16, 2013
"Looks Modern but Doesn't Deliver"
Holiday Inn had a very contemporary look and feel. The room reflected this style, but had several problems. Two of our phones in our room did not work. I tried to use the wireless internet to find the number to the hotel to report the problem, but could not be accessed. They replaced the phones immediately. They said to walk around the room to find a wireless connection, which only connected in the bathroom. They switched us to another room. This room had working phones and a very slow internet connection. Ok, now the toilet didn't flush in this room. They sent somebody up to fix it. Next, one of the bulbs in the bathroom started flickering, then burnt out. There is no bottled water in the room and the fridge is empty, so you have to walk down the hall to the vending machine to purchase beverages. It is a clean place and looks like Ikea. It's not exactly worth the price, but the best option between the hotels in the immediate area such as Motel 8.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback, I am truly sorry for the problems you encountered, but I want to sincerely thank you for giving us the opportunity to correct the problems. We have been upgrading our WIFI system but we still run into some areas of the hotel where the signal is not strong enough, we are adding extra distribution points to eliminate those areas of concern. I'm also adding an extra maintenance employee to our preventative team so that all of our rooms get minor issues such as the ones you experienced taken care of before our guests experience any problems during their stay . Thanks for being our guest and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Hratch Basmadjian, General Manager
Other trip Dec 1, 2013
Jackie
The front desk staff was very helpful and personable. Will definitely stay here again!
2 night trip Nov 13, 2013
Holiday inn
"A Good Place To Stay"
I needed a good nights sleep with a very early busisness meeting in the morning. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Wake up call as promised. Loved the big magnifying mirror in the bathroom. Wish the coffee maker included real creamers, hate that powdered stuff.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I'm very sorry you had problems with our luggage cart. We are in the process of replacing our old units we have 6 new carts in place and should have our 2 remaining old carts replaced by next month. Thank you for being our guest.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2013
"No hot water in room only after 5 min running h2o"
Ignorant staff
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry for the problems you experienced with the lack of hot water in the bathroom sink, our maintenance department has corrected the problem which was caused by a bad valve. Thank you for being our guest. Hratch Basmadjian General Manager
Other trip Nov 4, 2013
dj
Wonderful stay!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for being our guest, we're glad to have met your expectations.
2 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"No hot water!!!"
It was a disaster!!! We had no hot water in our room the whole night. Not to mention we stayed there because of a wedding down the road. When I called to have this issue checked out they gave me a room key and told me we could shower there. Really? Instead of moving us this was their best option? Then when asking about a discounted rate they wouldn't give me anything because I purchased from hotels.com and not directly through them. I understand this but not even a free stay? Or something for our inconvenience? Not very happy at all and will never stay at a holiday inn again!
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. We finally managed to locate an auxilliary circulating pump that was malfunctioning and corrected the problem. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience we caused you. Thank you for being our guest.
1 night business trip Oct 19, 2013
One night stay while in town visiting family. Speedy check-in, room in great condition and the kids loved the pool. The best kid-friendly pool I've seen at a standard hotel.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. Our family friendly pool is perfect for children, and we certainly enjoyed hearing that you liked our renovated hotel . Thank you for being our guest.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Holiday Inn -- Elgin"
Good hotel for a overnight business trip. The attached Bennigans was very convenient.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2013
Property is show its age a bit, but overall a good stay. East access to the tollway. This was a short overnight with a late arrival and early departure so didn't get a chance to check any amenities. Only complaint, and I've done so for other properties as well...with modern HVAC systems there really isn't a good reason not to replace the noisy wall units.
Response by Holiday Inn Chicago Northwest-Elgin
Thank you for your feedback. Even though we are very easy access from I 90 tollway, I want to remind our out of state visitors who are not used to unmanned tolls to always carry extra change in the car to avoid being frustrated.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
"Very good stay."
We enjoyed the hotel especially the restaurant.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2013
"nice place"
right off highway clean place
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
"Superior & friendly service; very clean & well mai"
It was a very comfortable and pleasant stay. The staff needs to be commended for their extremely courteous service.
1 night trip Sep 21, 2013
Alex & Martha
"Best room ever"
I stayed at this hotel about 8 years ago and was pleased then but since the remodel it was even better this time.
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Ken
"Great updates!"
We have stayed at this hotel many times. The new updates look wonderful. The beds, rooms and amenities are great. Our kids love swimming at the pool and it is very convenient location!
Other trip Sep 16, 2013
Jill
"Class reunion"
Hotel is beautiful. Was perfect location for our class reunion.
1 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2013
The buffet breakfast was fantastic!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013