All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
480 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Great hotel, close to Union Square."
Great place for my family (Adults and teenagers). We were in walking distance to all of our favorite places Union Square, China town, North Beach and more. Great room service for breakfast!
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Emily
good service and location. décor too old and out of fashion
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you found the location to be an advantage and I appreciate the constructive comments. Thank you for staying with us. Oscar R. General Manager
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Fined accommodations"
Very satisied. Lousy concierge room....specifically the food. One of the poorest I've ever seen in a Marriott.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
"Bachelorette Weekend"
It was great!
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"Thxgiving in SF"
Room was clean & comfy & the resaurant was delicious, reasonably priced & not crowded
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Patrice
"Marriott"
This hotel is right in Union Square so if you enjoy city life, this is it! Only item to be aware of is arrival. Hard to find parking
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
"Holiday Family Meet."
Great place to stay, clean rooms, beds are very comfortable. Location was perfect. We were able to walk to all restaurants, Union Square, & Macy just to name a few. I would highly recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Nice hotel and great location to shopping."
Very convenient for coming and going in Union Square.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Cee
"Waited too long for a room"
Room was not ready when we arrived at 4:30 in the afternoon. Waited 30 minutes and gave up on our room with a view for a standard room. Besides that all was good.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Pai Family Review"
My family really enjoyed the stay and your service was excellent. The only one issue we had was the sofa bed that caused back ache for my son. So next day the room service folks put a hardboard under the sofa bed mattress and this did fix the problem.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Tanuja
Hotel is in central SF and convenient for everything. I had requested a rollaway but when I got to the hotel they didn't have any. 2 double size beds was a bit of a tight squeeze for 3 adults.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
angela
"Service"
Staff is friendly, besides I forgot some things in the room and they saved them for me at lost and found.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Comfortable hotel in great location."
Loved the room, bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Only negatives are that the bathroom had zero counter space and my husband had nowhere to put toiletries and there was absolutely nowhere to put my makeup. Stayed with husband and 14-year old and the room was definitely set up for one person with a king sized bed. Parking was a whopping $53 a day, but then again it is SF. Overall great experience and would stay again in a bigger room with more counter space in the bathroom.~
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Deborah
"Location!"
Great stay, Parking is expensive, but there is a great garage right next door for $20 cheaper!
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
The staff at the hotel was wonderful and accomodating. The beds were very uncomfortable and the room was a disappointment. The restaurant was very nice and it was a nice place for children.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize for the bed issue. Normally, our beds receive very positive comments. I appreciate the feedback as all constructive comments are valued. Thank you for staying with us. Sincerely, Oscar R. General Manager
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Its a very nice hotel with a excellent staff"
Great hotel perfect staff higly recommended. Perry consierge its a very funny guy and help us in many things. Confortable beds. Negar everything in Unión Square.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Jorge Leyva
"great hotel in a great location"
great location steps away from shopping and theaters
1 night trip Dec 19, 2014
"First trip with baby, Great Stay!"
Stayed at the Marriot overnight with my two toddlers. All I can say is everything was perfect, we got a large room with a larger bathroom free of charge and also a crib for baby. Everything felt very kid friendly including the staff and that goes a long way. We will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Candice
"Nice hotel, great room, perfect location"
One block off Union Square right in the middle of things. Tons of restaurants, bars and shopping close by all accessible by walking. Hotel was very nice with helpful staff.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"nice hotel and good location"
Room was nice. Staff were very pleasant. Location is great.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Good location and fair value"
This hotel is located near Union Square and is within walking distance of most of the areas we wanted to see. It is several blocks from the Muni terminal which takes you to many parts of SF. Parking in SF is outrageous which we were aware of, $50+ per night. They charge for internet access-boo. No refrig in the room which was unfortunate. Room was clean. Stayed in a corner Jr. Suite. Was adequate size. Bar drinks were expensive, for 2 drinks it was consistently over $20. No newspapers available on-site either complementary or for purchase. All in all an average SF hotel. Although the room rate through Expedia was good for a jr. suite($239), with parking and internet it wasn't a bargain by any means.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Location location location!!"
Amazing location. Friendlu and helpful hotel staff. Clean rooms. Great bar in house. Overall amazing!!
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Terrible Service"
I booked two rooms at this Marriott and specifically added the secondary guest's name on my reservation as they would be checking in early. When they arrived, they were treated rudely and had trouble getting in. That was just the beginning. There is only valet parking at the hotel ($50+ dollars a night), and we followed the instructions to give them our car. A few days later, we received a City of San Francisco citation! The Valet had our vehicle at this time. I have been calling the hotel multiple times, and while management says they will investigate, they haven't done a thing. We're left paying the $110 fine, for which we were not responsible. Further, when I called the hotel last, I was hung up on three times, and the fourth time, when I called the front desk out on it, they rudely replied that they "didn't hang up on anyone," and that "they couldn't see the manager so didn't know what I wanted them to do." Naturally the manager isn't going to be in plain sight all the time - how about a voicemail box?! I will NEVER stay at this Marriott again, and I will try not to frequent the Marriott chain elsewhere either. I left a complaint with corporate - we will see if anything happens. STAY AWAY. Location is not worth the low level of service, attitude, and actual debt that staying here will cost you.
1 night trip with friends Nov 29, 2014
Jagrup
"Very nice hotel"
Perfect location I've stayed at the other Marriott properties in the city and hasn't been impressed at all . This is definitely the best. very clean, staff was great. Perfect location . I would differently recommend this hotel
Other trip Dec 15, 2014
Francesca
"No power, No problem!"
Even during the all day loss of power, the staff was calm, patient and resourceful . Great job!
1 night family trip Dec 11, 2014
Renee
"Don't expect internet at the Marriott!"
Very upset that we couldn't get internet service in the room! My husband spent about 30 minutes on the phone over about 2 hours and had to provide his IP address to support staff, who did nothing the first time he called to get service his I-Pad. No-one uses plug-in any more (better bring your converter!!) and support staff said our room was not registered! Absurd! Thank goodness they removed the approximate $13 from our bill for internet service. Also, it wasn't great that we lost power overnight, but not their fault - the whole neighborhood was out after a transformer exploded. On a positive, the junior suite was fantastic and the bar and bar service was great.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback about the internet experience. I apologize for the inconvenience. However, we have changed providers and upgraded equipment since your stay. Sincerely, Oscar R. General Manager
1 night romance trip Dec 10, 2014
Jean M
"Its was excellent service food staff were fab."
The location was fab love the shopping and the hotel food yummy experience Great
Other trip Dec 9, 2014
great
"11/14"
Parking too expensive Room to small not refrigerator
5 night romance trip Nov 28, 2014
"SF trip"
My daughter and me have a good time. The hotel location are perfect for us. Will definitely go back!
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Ming
"I wouldnt stay any where else"
THIS WAS THE BEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN IN SF. Beds were super comfy. everything in the room worked and was where I could find it. They were especially accomodating to my brother in the handicapped room and they called to check in with us to see if we liked everything in the room. Bell men were super friendly and helpful.
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Paula
"Perfect location! Great staff! Great views!"
First time staying at this hotel. Location was perfect, the hotel was lovely, the doormen very helpful in getting us a taxi whenever we needed. It was great! Although we initally requested double beds when booking, they were sold out (Thanksgiving weekend), but we were upgraded at no additional charge to a very nice room on the 20th floor with wonderful view of the city and the bay. It was beautifully surreal! The room was cozy with a plush king bed and the best pillows I've ever slept on! The bathroom was also lovely and clean but very tight space wise and did not have a fan to circulate the air/steam. Can't comment on the restaurant or room service because we ate on the go the entire time. The only CON was that their wifi service was like $12+ a day!! (Really?!!) but not a big deal for us because Starbucks was right accross the street - free wifi all day! Marriott Union Sqaure met all our needs and we would definitely stay here again!
1 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
"Wonderful Two-day SF trip"
We had an incredible room on the 26th floor with a fabulous view of the Coit Tower / Bay / City and the room was clean, well-decorated, and extremely comfortable for our two-day stay. Would highly recommend the location right above Union Square - a memorable visit!
2 night romance trip Nov 23, 2014
"Terrific walking distance to all the shoppes"
Very nice hotel at an even better location. Room size was just right. Clean rooms and the friendliest staff.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
Todd
"Great stay in San francisco"
Very nice hotel! It has a good location in union square, excellent access to the cable cars and buses. Market ave and Bart is a little bit of a walk but it is doable. The hotel is actually a little older than it looks, but overall the staff is very friendly, good service. Only downside is no free breakfast and no free wifi. Other than that, this was a good stay at a reasonable price in San francisco...
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
RC
"TESLA CHARGING"
FREE TESLA parking! I actually used to stay at cannery row but decided to give this hotel a shot when I saw they had Tesla parking. Loved the setting of the hotel. Not as fancy as I am used to but the room was very clean and nice inside. Owning a tesla and traveling with it requires a little more forethought so knowing that I could charge at night and know I would have a full charge in the morning was a relief. Huge property with a lot to offer
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
"Fantastic Stay at the Marriott."
Our junior suite was fantastic. Panoramic view of the city from our room. Bed was so comfortable we stayed until the last minute. Great decor. Perfectly situated in the heart of the city for shopping, dining and dancing all within walking distance. We will definitely be returning.
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Great staff"
The staff was very friendly and very helpful.
3 night trip with friends Nov 15, 2014
"Great hotel in a great location!"
I've stayed in many hotels in San Francisco but like this one the best. It's modern and clean with a great feel in the lobby. Just the right size too.
4 night family trip Nov 13, 2014
Elena
There was a pube on toilet when we checked in. The Westin would be a much better alternative.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for your feedback. What you experienced is not acceptable and does not meet Marriott standards. We will certainly share your comments with our team for follow up. Sincerely, Oscar R. General Manager
"Great Stay!!"
Went for a family event in San Francisco and ALL the staff was very friendly and helpful. From the front desk, concierge, doormen, etc. They all were very attentive and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again!!
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
Jodine
"Staff friendly"
Check in and door staff very friendly and helpful. Guys that work the Bistro bar were very fun and made great suggestions on places to visit.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Missamy
"We stayed 2 nights."
Very clean, prof and friendly staff. Bathrooms are crazy small with the most mini sink/vanity though overall nice and def met our needs Happy hour food and drinks were good and tasty after a day of shopping.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
LK
Hotel is in a great location, hotel is clean and well maintained. The restuarant food was as good as you can get in a hotel resturant. The room was very quiet and the bed was like slepping on a cloud.The staff however was cold and bolderline rude. As long as you are not looking for nice friendly staff I would recomend staying at this hotel.
4 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Brad
"Very nice location"
Amazing location. Located next to everything very central. Only con is their continental breakfast is sooo expensive. Better off walking a block down eating somewhere. Overall very nice!
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
alex a
"Great Half Marathon Event Support"
Great hotel with great views of the city. I was particularly traveling to run the Nike San Francisco Half Marathon. When I came in after finishing, they had employees congratulating us and greeting us with fresh towels and ice water. It was a very nice personal touch! They weren't able to accommodate my early check-in at 10 a.m., but they followed through and called me in about an hour to let me know that they had a room available.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Lori
"Nice hotel in close to everything"
The hotel staff was very welcoming, service was very good overall. The bar is active and has a nice set up both with tables and the bar. Rooms are comfortable and clean.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Convenient location"
Very clean and comfortable room.
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"Nice location"
The hotel needs to improve cleanliness
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you liked our location. I apologize for any cleanliness issues. When staying with us, always feel free to reach out to our Manager on Duty to address any problems or issues immediately. Sincerely, Oscar R. General Manager
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
Perfect location for everything downtown San francisco
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Right in the Heart of San Francisco"
It's expensive, but it's San Francisco. Convenient to everything, clean, but pricey. Do yourself a favor. Get the hotel parking for $53. Even with the pay meter by phone, it costs about the same with less effort (and parking ticket is $76). Overall a very good hotel experience.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014