All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
480 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

Close to Chinatown and easy walk to Fishermans Wharf. Hotel staff was extremely friendly and professional.
Other trip Mar 11, 2015
"Excellent hotel value"
Excellent hotel value for SF Union Square area. Right price, comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff, great room quality. Easy access to downtown SF.
1 night trip with friends Mar 6, 2015
Maryline
"not satisfaction"
Hotel did not satisfy requests per booking. I booked two rooms and requested adjacent/connected rooms. Upon arrival, only one room was shown on my booking
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for staying with us. I am sorry there was an issue regarding the number of rooms reserved. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with our staff so that we may improve our services. Sincerely, Oscar R. General Manager
2 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Good location!"
nice room, great view, wish the bathroom had been a little bigger, but overall, no complaints.
3 night trip Feb 26, 2015
"Mixed Bag"
Check in lousy -- reserved two rooms, desk agent said only one room reservation file. Glad for the printed confirmation in my briefcase. Room fine, bathroom ridiculously small to the point of non-functional.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the issues at check-in regarding the number of rooms reserved. I appreciate the feedback and will share it with our staff. Thank you again staying with us. Oscar R. General Manager
3 night family trip Feb 19, 2015
"Great experience!"
Comfortable hotel in a fantastic location. Very helpful concierge. Great choice! Only complaint was cost of parking but that seems to be an industry standard..
2 night family trip Feb 20, 2015
Kristine
Rooms are always smaller in person than on website photos. The location is perfect for walking anywhere in the City and close to numerous, quality, restaurants. $120 for two nights parking is ridiculous but us unavoidable in SF.
2 night romance trip Feb 19, 2015
Curtis
"Excelleny location"
The hotel was very good and clean. The room was regular size as usual. When I checked in, the elevators was accidently out of order. It took longer time to get in and out of my room for few days. Hope it's OK now. Since it was among the high rises, the view was very limited. The staffs were kind and eager to help customers. Within short walking distance, there were many attarcitives of SF.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Hoon
"Great place to stay.... Pricey but worth it"
great place to stay in SF! Price could be better, but i guess SF is expensive in general... Nice hotel though
1 night business trip Feb 15, 2015
"Convenient location"
Stay was fine, room was clean. The only inconvenience was the tub did not drain well, it was like showering in a pond. My husband went in and pulled out a LOT of hair from prior guests, which was pretty gross and it still didn't drain well.
Other trip Feb 19, 2015
"A Nice Stay At The Marriott"
We decided to stay at the SF Marriott US Hotel for the very first time. We have been return visitors to SF and have stayed at other nearby hotels near Union Square. We have learned from past visits to use the SF Muni and can navigate out to other parts of the city with ease. We will consider the SF Marriott US Hotel in the future as one of our hotel choices when staying in SF.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
Wes
"GREAT LOCATION!"
This is a great option if you're looking to be "BY IT ALL"! We were able to get historic cable cars and go down to the Wharf, walk and shop all around Union Square and had a wonderful view of the bay from Room 2102! We'll definitely stay here again!
3 night business trip Feb 12, 2015
Chad
"Great location, quiet rooms, very comfortable beds"
Easy check in, convenient cheaper parking on Sutter 1-2 blocks from hotel. Walked to Chinatown in 5 minutes, Union Square in 3 minutes. Really soft bed but comfortable bed, killer view of the city and a slight ocean view. Would stay there again for sure. Hit the Daily Grill for breakfast and it was phenomenal and no line like overrated Sears.
MsMichelle
Great location. Great hotel. Staff was really nice. Bed was extremely comfortable. Very clean. Only complaint would be that 2 of the 4 elevators broke down. Took 25 minutes to get downstairs!
barbs
"Decent hotel, not the best"
Booked for a romantic vday weekend. Location is great there's plenty of shops/bars within walking distance. However, the stay was nothing special and the property did not wow us by any means. No special touches for the holiday. Ridiculously small bathroom. View from 7th floor was depressing. Meh.
sarah
Our experience with this location was short, only one night. It was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful. We really enjoyed the Restaurant. The food exceeded our expectations and the service was exceptional.
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Nice and clean at Unionsquare"
Room is clean, Staff is kind. I want to stay here again.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2015
Kazuhiro
"Great for a weekend stay or business trip"
Stayed here for a weekend and was pleased with our stay. Room was small, but very clean, location is good in Union Square. The hotel had a good fitness facility, but lacked amenities like free breakfast and wifi. Why Wifi is not standard is beyond me. Overall I'd recommend this hotel and would hope to stay again.
2 night romance trip Feb 5, 2015
Jesse
"Lovely staff, NOISY rooms"
The staff here was lovely, and so was the hotel itself and the room. Even the restaurant was very good. This could be an exceptional hotel experience of they only fixed one thing: the noise intrusion. In addition to the problem so many hotels have (doors without soft-closing mechanisms so you hear every neighboring door *SLAM* every time another guest comes or goes), you also have subpar windows given the hotel's location. They are very, very far from soundproof and Sutter St is a busy area. There are a ton of delivery trucks at all hours letting their metal gates crash down to the pavement, cars accelerating up the grade, horns honking, people yelling, sirens, and the nearby trolley clunking by and ringing its bells. Let me repeat, *at all hours*. The windows are woefully inadequate given the noisy nature of the city (especially this section) and I had a very poor night's sleep even considering that I stayed here after a sugery at St Francis and was phenomenally sleepy from anesthesia. There is also a plastic surgery center of some sort across the street or next door and the bellman said they have a ton of post-op patients stay at this location, so they're used to assisting people. Everyone there was so helpful and courteous to me, I just wish the hotel would have been more restful. Then it would have been perfect.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you found the hotel and the staff to be to your liking. I also appreciate the constructive comments about the guestroom windows. Thank you again for staying with us. Oscar R. General Manager
1 night trip Feb 5, 2015
Danielle
"First stay, SF Marriott Hotel on Sutter Street"
We had a wonderful weekend stay at your hotel. It was our first stay at SF Marriott. We have stayed at other Marriott Hotels however not in SF. (Beijing, Portland). What a great hotel -- comfortable bed, nice room and all over hotel decor, clean, friendly staff from doorman, hotel reservation, to bellman. Great location, across from Starbucks, close proximity to downtown shopping, Chinatown, and fabulous restaurants. The only glitch, a small bathroom vanity. . . otherwise our stay was absolutely marvelous! Thank you so much!
2 night family trip Feb 5, 2015
"No frills, no amenities..but pricey"
Room was clean and comfortable, but had very little amenities...no fridge, no spoons for even stirsticks for coffee and tea, no slippers, no wifi, no slippers. But, priced at U$220 per night, I expected at least spoons to be in the room.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
"Business trip to SF"
Very well located, reasonable price for the SF Union Square area, great customer service and fantastic facilities. A incomparable experience.
Other trip Feb 7, 2015
Mario
"Solid business hotel. Great service."
This is a solid business hotel. Wifi worked well. The bed was comfortable. The TV worked (including the hi-def channels). The staff were particularly pleasant and funny. They went the extra mile to deliver good service.
3 night business trip Jan 26, 2015
Bed and pillows were so comfortable! Location was a plus too. 2 blocks away from all the stores...Macy's, forever 21, etc. Walgreens across the street too! Went to Cable Cars cafe just a block away and the food was delicious!!
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Ana
"Close to union square, restaurants and shopping"
I normally stay in four or five star hotels. This hotel falls short of a four star. I've never stayed in a four or five star hotel where they have a envelope in your room that request that you leave gratuity on a daily bases. I don't mind tipping and I did leave a tip both days, but I won't stay at the Marriott in the future. The bathroom floor wasn't to clean and our toilet was leaking water. Valet, security, door man, front desk, and bell man all were awesome.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Jay
"Great hotel with great location"
The hotel is great and very close to Union Square. The staff were great and the room was very clean. The only complaint I have is that I was on a lower floor and was woken up at 2 AM by the sound of the bars emptying their bottles into the recycling dumpsters. Probably not a problem on higher floors.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
"Family Reunion"
Very comfortable and the Staff was very friendly. The location is excellent in the Union Square Area of SF. My only complaint is the cost of Valet Parking. Paying close to $60 is absurd. For the price of the Hotels throughout SF, you would think that parking could be cut down some. Being from out of town, you have very few options to get away from these ridiculous parking rates in the City.
1 night family trip Jan 19, 2015
"Business and Romance"
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The reception desk was welcoming and he concierge had great restaurant recommendations.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Helene
"Great hotel, close to Union Square."
Great place for my family (Adults and teenagers). We were in walking distance to all of our favorite places Union Square, China town, North Beach and more. Great room service for breakfast!
Other trip Jan 21, 2015
Emily
good service and location. décor too old and out of fashion
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for your comments. I am pleased you found the location to be an advantage and I appreciate the constructive comments. Thank you for staying with us. Oscar R. General Manager
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Fined accommodations"
Very satisied. Lousy concierge room....specifically the food. One of the poorest I've ever seen in a Marriott.
1 night business trip Jan 10, 2015
"Bachelorette Weekend"
It was great!
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2015
"Thxgiving in SF"
Room was clean & comfy & the resaurant was delicious, reasonably priced & not crowded
2 night family trip Nov 28, 2014
Patrice
"Marriott"
This hotel is right in Union Square so if you enjoy city life, this is it! Only item to be aware of is arrival. Hard to find parking
1 night trip Dec 29, 2014
"Holiday Family Meet."
Great place to stay, clean rooms, beds are very comfortable. Location was perfect. We were able to walk to all restaurants, Union Square, & Macy just to name a few. I would highly recommend this hotel.
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
"Nice hotel and great location to shopping."
Very convenient for coming and going in Union Square.
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
Cee
"Waited too long for a room"
Room was not ready when we arrived at 4:30 in the afternoon. Waited 30 minutes and gave up on our room with a view for a standard room. Besides that all was good.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Pai Family Review"
My family really enjoyed the stay and your service was excellent. The only one issue we had was the sofa bed that caused back ache for my son. So next day the room service folks put a hardboard under the sofa bed mattress and this did fix the problem.
2 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
Tanuja
Hotel is in central SF and convenient for everything. I had requested a rollaway but when I got to the hotel they didn't have any. 2 double size beds was a bit of a tight squeeze for 3 adults.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
angela
"Service"
Staff is friendly, besides I forgot some things in the room and they saved them for me at lost and found.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Comfortable hotel in great location."
Loved the room, bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Only negatives are that the bathroom had zero counter space and my husband had nowhere to put toiletries and there was absolutely nowhere to put my makeup. Stayed with husband and 14-year old and the room was definitely set up for one person with a king sized bed. Parking was a whopping $53 a day, but then again it is SF. Overall great experience and would stay again in a bigger room with more counter space in the bathroom.~
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Deborah
"Location!"
Great stay, Parking is expensive, but there is a great garage right next door for $20 cheaper!
1 night romance trip Dec 23, 2014
The staff at the hotel was wonderful and accomodating. The beds were very uncomfortable and the room was a disappointment. The restaurant was very nice and it was a nice place for children.
Response by San Francisco Marriott Union Square
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize for the bed issue. Normally, our beds receive very positive comments. I appreciate the feedback as all constructive comments are valued. Thank you for staying with us. Sincerely, Oscar R. General Manager
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"Its a very nice hotel with a excellent staff"
Great hotel perfect staff higly recommended. Perry consierge its a very funny guy and help us in many things. Confortable beds. Negar everything in Unión Square.
Other trip Dec 26, 2014
Jorge Leyva
"great hotel in a great location"
great location steps away from shopping and theaters
1 night trip Dec 19, 2014
"First trip with baby, Great Stay!"
Stayed at the Marriot overnight with my two toddlers. All I can say is everything was perfect, we got a large room with a larger bathroom free of charge and also a crib for baby. Everything felt very kid friendly including the staff and that goes a long way. We will definitely stay here again.
1 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Candice
"Nice hotel, great room, perfect location"
One block off Union Square right in the middle of things. Tons of restaurants, bars and shopping close by all accessible by walking. Hotel was very nice with helpful staff.
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
"nice hotel and good location"
Room was nice. Staff were very pleasant. Location is great.
Other trip Dec 17, 2014
"Good location and fair value"
This hotel is located near Union Square and is within walking distance of most of the areas we wanted to see. It is several blocks from the Muni terminal which takes you to many parts of SF. Parking in SF is outrageous which we were aware of, $50+ per night. They charge for internet access-boo. No refrig in the room which was unfortunate. Room was clean. Stayed in a corner Jr. Suite. Was adequate size. Bar drinks were expensive, for 2 drinks it was consistently over $20. No newspapers available on-site either complementary or for purchase. All in all an average SF hotel. Although the room rate through Expedia was good for a jr. suite($239), with parking and internet it wasn't a bargain by any means.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
"Location location location!!"
Amazing location. Friendlu and helpful hotel staff. Clean rooms. Great bar in house. Overall amazing!!
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014