All hotels in Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
160 Spring St NW, Atlanta, GA, 30303, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9478

"Worst stay ever"
Hotels.com doesn't tell you about the mandatory $32/night valet service or about the poor condition of the hotel. If you're going to pay over $100 to stay somewhere, go elsewhere. I was accused of smoking in the room and I was asked to leave! The worst part is I don't even smoke! The hotel staff is incompetent at best, and to top things off they charged my credit card miscellaneous fees totaling $658 for 3 hours of hotel "stay". I even switched rooms because of the dirty hallways, sheets and deplorable showers! If you book this hotel after reading this review, good look to you! I wish I was warned. I'll never stay at another Hilton brand hotel again.
2 night romance trip Oct 19, 2015
Not Provided
The hotel location is great and that's all. The hallway on my floor was dirty with towels an food containers, my room wasn't cleaned and the hot water went out. I called house keeping who replied with a sad sorry and towels but didn't offer to change my bed. I can't believe this hotel is part of the Hilton chain. Shame on you.
Other trip Oct 23, 2015
Gale
"not good"
the most filthy hotel i have ever stayed in,the front desk was not like any otther hiltons i know,not very informative,the bar and restaurant had one person waiting on 10 or more tables,we were rushed to give her a order,when it came we did not get it all.we sat at the bar there was 3 people at the bar eating,the bar tener was going to serve old cold coffee from the starbucks.thats another story,my sister wanted fresh coffee,he did not want to have to but after 30 min.and also bringing this up to the manager,we were handed a bill for a cup of fresh coffee for 3.00.We will not stay there again.OH AND THE WIFI WAS NOT FREE.
3 night business trip Oct 17, 2015
regina
Valet was greeting me at my arrival, asking if I needed help with my bags. There was doormen waiting to open the doors and front desk clerks were very courteous with friendly smiles. Checking in was very prompt.
Other trip Oct 21, 2015
"Cold showers!"
The hotel staff was courteous and kind. The room was not clean to our expectations, and in the morning we were late to our tour because the shower only spouted out cold water! We had to wait for a engineer to fix the problem. The next morning we were sleeping and someone opened the door and slammed it shut, we figured maybe it was the maid, but we are unsure because no one knocked on the door before attempting to open it. Overall we were not impressed.
Other trip Oct 20, 2015
Mofonia
"Needs a major renovation"
Lobby was dirty. Carpet and tile in room were very dirty. Lamps attached to the wall literally fell off, shades were soiled and broken. We asked to leave our car in the valet for several hours past check out and they were going to charge us for another day. Being a Hilton honors member I expected more. Avoid this one.
Other trip Oct 18, 2015
jbc
"I area for business- great location"
Great business stay
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Location was nice staff was nice .... But no hot water and tv only half the channels come in . It was like the staff already knew the hotel hot water and tv's have been messed up for a while. Because they didn't seem to be surprised
Other trip Oct 15, 2015
Hotel is dated and room doors do not close well.
1 night business trip Oct 11, 2015
Martha
"Update Interior"
WiFi was slow and hotel need some updates. Everything else was great!
2 night business trip Oct 9, 2015
"BET Hip Hop Awards Red Carpet"
had a great stay
1 night business trip Oct 9, 2015
Monica
"Great for concert at Tabernacle"
Very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful. Perfect for concert at Tabernacle...I don't think you could stay any closer.
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Philip
"pretty nice, but I've had better"
The front desk staff could've been nicer, and the valet parking was mandatory.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
The hotel was fully booked. Knowing that there were 21,000 people in town for a concert one block away and an Atlanta Falcons game the same day ,they only had one server ,one bartender, and one cook to cover the entire bar/restaurant and room service. It took two hours to get a chicken sandwich. They were not very courteous about the situation. Also the maids were knocking on the door even though the do not disturb sign was on.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Daiquiri
"meh - glad we only stayed one night"
My family and I were in town for the Foo Fighters concert at Centennial Park. The location of the hotel was perfect for the event! This hotel, however, really needs to be updated. There was mildew on the ceiling of our bathroom, the staff was really inconsistent - some perfectly nice - others brusk and unpleasant. The restaurant was understaffed - a lobby full of hungry and thirsty concert goers and they only had one waitress and one bartender - we waited over an hour after we were seated to get food. I would think management would have anticipated the obvious late night rush. Anyway, all worked out fine but I don't think I would go back. Note to travelers, this place will charge extra for everything - parking was 32.00/ 24 hours. WiFi would have been 12.95/day, breakfast would have been 20.00/person! The Doubletree just isn't that fancy - no thanks.
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2015
Ron
"Good Location"
The best part about the stay was the location of the hotel. Anything before 3 pm is considered early checkin and theres a fee, so the line was long and reminiscent a cattle herd as it was slow moving and crowded. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable however the thin walls and persistent maidservice did not allow for good sleep. The room was stuffy and would not seem to cool off and it was not hot outside and I'm generally cold natured. You must request a do not disturb sign and a refrigerator if you want one. The bathroom amenities were limited to lotion, shampoo, conditioner and two bars of soap, nothing else. The stay was good for the location but be prepared to hear everything going on around you and the maidservice wants to get started early in spite of the noon checkout.
Other trip Oct 6, 2015
T.
Great customer service at the front desk, great view from the balcony,great neighborhood. Room was fair staff needs to focus on interior cosmetic areas though.
1 night business trip Oct 2, 2015
Michaela
"General Manager"
Overall the place seems rundown. It needs to be updated and most of all cleaned. The chair in my room was supposed to be red but it was more of a brownish red from dirt and grime. The hotel staff was cordial and polite, however; I felt they could have shown some empathy and allowed me to check in prior to 3:00 given an unfortunate incident that occurred on my flight. I was puked on by a two year old sitting next to me. I mean covered. I explained my situation to the front desk when I arrived early, but they would not let me check in. I was very polite and nearly begged that they let me get into my room so that I could shower and get cleaned up. I wreaked. It wasn't a ploy to check in early. They held steadfast and refused to allow me to check in until 3:00. Doubletree has lost a customer for life.
2 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
$30 parking fee on top of nigth rate for room unacceptable.
Other trip Sep 30, 2015
"Old Place...."
Very old place looks good on the outside but not inside the rooms and have A funny smell to it.Please don't go by the pictures.
1 night family trip Sep 26, 2015
Corey
"The staff are very rude, getting smart with me"
I came in later then the appointed time for check in because i had to catch a flight from up north. When arriving at the hotel they said the hotel room was cancelled because it was after 6. The night before i called and confirmed the reservation and spoke to a worker and he said that it would be okay to come in later that evening. The hotel attendant didn't show and sympathy and were very rude and said we dont have a room for you because you were late. So overall i ended up staying around the corner at the Ellis Hotel and they were very nice and I enjoyed it. I would not suggest the Double tree downtown to anyone after that service and the way they handled that.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
"Staff were disrespectful..."
Staff acted as if they couldn't be bothered by any of our requests...took the valets word over ours...rooms not well equipped and building old and in need of updates.
Other trip Sep 28, 2015
CJ
"Not as nice as others"
The carpet was filthy. The toilet leaked. The shower/tub did not drain. I stood in water over my ankles after showering. Nothing was done after reporting the problems. No compensation was offered. The street noise was loud. The curtains could not be closed. The linens were clean and soft. The pillows offered were of varying softness, so there was no trouble finding the right one. The soaps offered smelled heavenly.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
I had a great stay in Atlanta thanks to the double tree service and its location.
4 night business trip Sep 20, 2015
Dana
Overall friendly staff. However, the room service was subpar at best. The shower curtain had a significant build up of mildew. To top it all off at 2AM someone walked into our room unannounced and unexpected.
1 night family trip Sep 20, 2015
Cameron
"Surprise EXPENSES"
Not pleased with unexpected high cost for parking. Also no complimentary internet with the Expedia package. Was told by Hotel front desk that if I had book direct, Internet would have been free. Room rate was identical between Expedia and booking direct.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
"Decent hotel in the center of town."
Decent hotel in the center of town.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2015
"Girls Trip"
I was in Atlanta with 2 friends for Music Midtown. We stayed 3 nights at the Doubletree. We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was awesome, especially housekeeping! They went out of the way to make us comfortable and we were really appreciative. I will definitely stay here again. Only 1 complaint. We stayed on the 3rd floor and there was a strong odor in the hallway that smelled like cat urine. It was overwhelming the first day. The smell was only in the hallway, not the room. We thought it may have been the cleaning solution.
3 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2015
"Brian and Regine"
They don't accept PayPal...
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Not recommended"
Room had weird smell, front desk staff generally unhelpful and not friendly (we did have one person who was FANTASTIC out of the three we encountered). Carpet dirty. Another guest down the hall got room service and their dishes sat in the hallway from when we checked in to when we checked out the next day. Asked for restaurant good restaurant recommendation was given a list of chain restaurants nearby.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
J&S
Nice hotel but the valet charge was not listed on this site or their site and was more than anticipated. The AC was extremely loud in the room, woke me up several times. Overall, it was a good hotel and the staff was exceptional.
2 night trip with friends Sep 18, 2015
My room was clean and comfortable. Water pressure lacked a little while on hot but the hot water lasted well past two long showers. Front staff was mediocre and smiled more to each other than staff. I called down for a razor that never got delivered. The bar tender was great but the lounge they advertise does not exist. They only have a little dining area with one bar. Plus, I didn't mind paying for valet however they should advertise that's is mandatory unless you park off site. You can walk to a lot of things and the Marta station on a block down. Overall I think next time I'll stay somewhere a little bigger and not so congested in downtown.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
liz
The only cons for our stay was around the actual room condition itself. Very outdated, no refrigerator, no vent fan in the bathroom was annoying, and the carpeting could of used a good cleaning. With that said, this was a great location, great price (ordered well ahead of time) and cozy stay. Both front-desk and cleaning staff was awesome, beds were comphy and TV service was great. Stayed away from any on-sight dining since everything you could ever want for breakfast/lunch (fast) or a sit down dinner.
3 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
Lance
"Convenient location, average hotel"
Hotel was clean, but plumbing went out while we were there. I was most aggravated with the cost of parking. $32 a day! Also, they charge your debit card and extra $50 a day because it's debit. Why not run my debit card as credit so I don't have to be inconvenienced with waiting 7 days for you to return my money. Like I said, great location and a decent hotel. Get what ya pay for.
Other trip Sep 16, 2015
sheena
"Overnight stay."
Room was really clean. Good hotel for an overnight stay. Restaurant service was slow.
1 night family trip Aug 30, 2015
Valet needs to be trained. One guy was actually sitting in a car playing on his phone while blocking all others from entering hotel. We had to get out of our vehicle to tell him to move up while the other valet guys just looked on. This is not only absurd but it was dangerous for us and other cars blocked with traffic! Front desk was polite. Hotel room definitely needs some tlc. The tub looked dirty, walls needed to be painted and door looked beat up. Location is great, but I would definitely stay at the Westin across the street next time.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
She's showing her age. needs a redo.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Grant
Walls filthy, carpet in halls filthy, furniture in entrance..filthy. One room sheets had not been changed. Bad odor in one room. Funky order in hallways... was told it was marijuana ...Ran into a group of people that were very scary. Worse experience ever in a motel. Bathrooms were old and looked dirty. Rooms small. The double bed were not queen but two very small bed...I would say 3/4 beds.
Other trip Sep 1, 2015
Service was great but pool was not working, which was diasapointing. Also I was surprised by the number of homeless people in the area. I travel a decent amount and did not feel safe walking around the area in the day. At night it was bustling with life and I felt more comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2015
"Trip from □□□□"
My stay i didnt stay with double tree because upon check in i was informed that i would have to pay 30 dollars for parking witch i declined and was directed across the street, walked over to the hotel checked in went to room ok view pool was right beside the street balcony was mildewed all over carpet was dirty and hair in the bath tub went down to check out money was refunded went to my car that the sign said public parking check with hotel for ppayment only to find out that they had put a boot on my car and cost me 75 dollars to get my car back (dont stay downtown Atlanta if you have never been there )i moved to the Hampton Inn across town ,and there i was very satisfied
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2015
pamela
"Good Hotel in Heart of Downtown"
The hotel is nice. Parking is available at the hotel only via valet service ($30/night add'l to your room rate) or nearby lots ($20 - $30 overnight) Breakfast was laughably expensive. (e.g. $20/person for the breakfast bar). The room had some signs of aging but was still nice. Internet worked well and was complimentary. Staff was personable and helpful.
3 night business trip Aug 17, 2015
Phillip
Good location and staff was very nice. Went out for breakfast because buffet was a little pricey and no refrigerator in the room. Overall stay was great.
2 night romance trip Aug 21, 2015
"Not what I expected at all"
I was not expecting this hotel's facility to be so outdated and run down visually. I have stayed in plenty of DoubleTree hotels and have never been so disappointed. The carpet was dirty and had lots of areas where it was coming apart, the hallway doors were filthy, the walls were super thin we could the people in the next room. Also, when leaving the person working the coffee stand seemed to be out of tune and unaware that they needed to work faster. On a lighter note, the front desk staff was extremely friendly and I liked the fact that they made you feel welcome.
1 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
"Awesome view// Staff"
Front desk staff was very helpful and patient.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
Jasmine
"It was dirty and has bed bugs my Daughter was bit"
I am unhappy with expedia and the hotel. I will never use either of them again.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Cindy
"One of the worst hotel experiences."
I have always had wonderful stays at Doubletree but this time I was just very dissapointed. We had so many issues I don't even know where to start. The valet was extremely disorganized. The front desk team was extremely rude, judgmental and even caught one of them rolling their eyes and whispering rude things to another team member. The room was just "ok". The only up side was that the hotel was in a great part of Atlanta that was centrally located.
4 night family trip Jul 21, 2015
Jamie
Nice stay with a great view of the city
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Virda E
"Think twice about staying here !"
Check in was OK but after check in everything went downhill. I found myself having to go downstairs to get my own toilet paper having a disagreement with the housekeeping woman of whether or not she's supposed to supply towels as she told me to go downstairs to the desk to get towels. They never really cleaned the room at all. We had to have someone stay in the room to make sure they changed the sheets on the bed and actually clean the bathtub.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"front desk staff were flat,not friendly or helpful"
Breakfast was not included, which came as a surprise. The room was nice, but not any nicer than the motels we stayed at which did include breakfast. The front desk staff were distant, not at all friendly, and made me feel unwelcome. The pillows were cheaper quality than I expected. Wouldn't stay there again . Thanks
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
Shannon
"Close to the Georgia world congress center"
Close to the event I attended the Bronner bros International hair show. I ended up paying $362 for 2 nights because there's no public or hotel guest parking i had to pay $30 a night for my rental parked by valet.I didn't like that at all. The front desk staff was very rude couldn't find my reservation. I enjoyed the staff at the restaurant inside one person by the name of Noel very nice, approachable and willing to help with my needs.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015