All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
2020 Griffith Rd, Winston-Salem, NC, 27103, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

"ALWAYS DELIVER"
HANDS DOWN THE LA QUINTA IN WINSTON SALEM AND GREENSBORO ARE BEST HOTELS AROUND NEVER BEEN SO RELAXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip Jan 26, 2016
Tara
This was my 2nd stay at Winston Salem and Donna was at the front desk both times. She was very helpful and very nice! Everyone I interacted with were pleasant.
3 night business trip Jan 15, 2016
Joanne
Very convenient, very clean, helpful staff
2 night family trip Jan 8, 2016
"Very enjoyable stay !!"
Spent the night visiting with our granddaughter. The restaurants and shopping nearby are exceptional. Hotel is right next door to Bleu's restaurant and Sixty Six pizzeria HIGHLY recommend both! It was New Year's Eve so we had some parties down the hall ending around 3 AM but noise was reasonable and temporary and the departing guests did not get obnoxious.
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
Keith
"Almost like Home"
Comfortable as always (I stay in this hotel every 4-6 weeks).
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2015
Jeffrey A
"Great stay as always"
This is the third time we have stayed there and it always a pleasure.
1 night family trip Dec 18, 2015
Antonio
"La Quinta Winston-Salem"
La Quinta has the WORST breakfast!!
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2015
I've stayed at other La Quintas and this was by far the best. My expectations were not real high however they exceeded them. The room was spacious and clean. Contact with staff was minimal but good.
1 night trip Nov 27, 2015
"Nice room if you like a sauna!"
Arrived late and tired. I was traveling with dogs and still needed to take care of them before retiring. There is a large grass 'yard' across the street that is great for walking dogs, so used that. Before I did the dogs I went into the room and bumped the air down. It didn't click on but I figured there was a slight delay. Went and took care of dogs. Came back and got into bed. The dogs were panting, so I got up and bumped the air down even more. It never kicked on. Around 4AM after battling with very hot and unhappy dogs I called the front desk (fyi..there are NO phones in the room, so I had to find the number to the hotel on my cell. I found this to be very annoying!). The front desk person offered to move to me to a different room (at 4 AM?) but offered NOTHING else. The room was very large and seemed clean. It would have been wonderful had the air worked in the room.
1 night trip Nov 7, 2015
Katherine
"Great, quiet place"
We just wanted a good, clean nights stay, and you were superb!
1 night family trip Nov 6, 2015
Elmer
The room was pretty filthy, looks like they just clean as little as possible but it was not enough. I won't stay at this particular hotel again.
3 night trip Oct 29, 2015
"Great stay in W-S"
Great stay in Winston Salem for my sister and me. Our room was very clean and quiet with good beds and a nice breakfast. Very good value. We would definitely stay here again..
1 night family trip Oct 20, 2015
Alissa
"No chance of a repeat stay"
This hotel is in real need of a renovation, i.e. severe wear and tear in many places. The carpeting in our room was terribly stained, the sink in the bathroom did not drain and the toilet flushing mechanism would actually disconnect so that I would have to remove the tank top and fix it. Very low water pressure in the shower. The sense of substandard cleanliness made my wife and I actually take the step of pulling off the sheets to inspect for bedbugs. While we didn't find those we found multiple stains on the mattress from blood and other body secretions (EWWWW!) We would not have stayed except that it was Family Weekend at Wake Forest and there were no alternatives. So we did a serious treatment of Lysol but that alone was unacceptable. (Is the health department listening?)The hotel shares its parking lot with a Village Tavern so they try to direct you to park and use their side exit which requires you to use an elevator that may be the slowest I've ever seen and which placed us at the opposite end of the building from our room. I've stayed in many dicey places in my life thanks to my prior career in the Navy (you haven't lived until you stay in the Visiting Officers Quarters at NAS Dallas) but at least they were clean (4 to a room with surplus bunk beds that you make yourself). Unless you have a high tolerance for exposure to potential pathogens, don't stay here. I really don't understand how LaQuinta lets this place keep its flag.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Jonathan
This group of employees were as rude as you find anywhere...
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
sgt
"Recommended"
The hotel itself was nicer than average, but they're also more expensive. No real interaction with the staff except at check in, so not enough info to comment there. Room was large, clean and well appointed. Continental breakfast item choices were more narrow than many less expensive hotels. Overall I would recommend, but plan to go out to breakfast elsewhere.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
"Worst Ever..."
Attitudes from the staff on check-in. Unfriendly. We had made last minute travel plans, then arrived an hour early for a non smoking room. We were told that there are no non-smoking rooms and that we would have to take what ever was available. After 15 minutes of discussion and that we'd be back after check in time was told that a room was ready. We were told it was a non smoking room, however that was an out right lie. Also found the bathrooms with left over "hair" from the last guest. All in all will never stay at this hotel again. If you are a non smoker, avoid this La Quinta...
4 night family trip Sep 16, 2015
"Great Stay!"
I was in town for a bike race about 15 minutes away. The hotel staff was very friendly and even called a few minutes after I was settled in the room to check and make sure everything was satisfactory! I ended up leaving 2 articles in the room. I called about one, slipping my mind to ask about the second, and when I arrived to claim my belongings, they had already grabbed both and had them waiting for me!! SO NICE!!! The room was very comfortable and very clean.
1 night business trip Sep 18, 2015
"Disappointed after many great stays"
horrible
2 night trip Sep 16, 2015
"Great stay 4 2 friends"
Staff was very friendly, room was clean, breakfast was good and we'll stocked. We had a very pleasant stay
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2015
We had a 3 night stay that had to be cut short for a death in the family. That was handled very nicely. However, the second day of our stay, our room was not cleaned nor was the bathroom. There was no evidence of anyone checking our room.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Margie
"Okay stay!"
Check in was okay, but we needed to change rooms because we did not get the type of room originally booked. The front desk person explained that my room type had not been cleaned yet but one would be available the next day.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Lenora
I stayed at this hotel on business for a week. The bathroom was dirty especially behind the toilet and underneath the counters. It was apparent that none of the surfaces have been wiped down from the previous user. The second floor hallway was never vacuumed the entire week the same trash lint and dirt was in the hallway from Sunday night until Thursday. My project ended one day early so when I went to check out the morning before my final stay the hotel refused to credit me the room hotel cost for the following night. I called hotels.com and they immediately jumped on the situation and credited me the one night stay for two rooms that I had not used. When I returned to finish the business deal I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express suites and it was very very nice. I was very pleased with hotels.com but I was very unpleased with La Quinta Inn
5 night business trip Aug 16, 2015
BAIN
"WFU move-in"
The hotel provided a quiet place to stay. I stayed for four days and most everyone was nice and friendly. The maid staff was always friendly and helpful. I really enjoyed smelling waffles, muffins and coffee every morning. The bed was surprisingly comfortable. I slept very well. I will use this hotel again when I come back to visit WFU.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Anita
"Great Value"
Nothing to complain about. Great value at my price point.
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
"No refrigerator , no microwave"
Noot bad for the price. But the did not have microwave and refrigerator
Other trip Aug 22, 2015
tico
"ups and downs"
All was pretty good except housekeeping left our door open and forgot to replenish our towels...we had to go down and get our own. Manager apologized and said they would talk to housekeeping, but it was a little disturbing to have the door cracked open all day while we were gone.... Breakfast is pretty good--could use more proteins. Comfy place, good location, pool fun for kids, hot tub fun for me!
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Cindy
"Family weekend stat"
Convenient location, great that our dog could stay, good condition and cleanliness for hotels in this price range. Staff were pleasant. Main complaint was the cable offered was basic/network TV. Only movie station was showtime which had no family programming. Some trash around the outside of the property. Had king suite that seemed small, only one chair.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
"Family road trip with pup"
First time traveling with a dog and needed a pet friendly hotel. Traveling with family, location excellent (safe, secure, many good restaurants, stores, gas stations close by.) Beds and linens comfy, plush towels, AC nice and cold, quiet room even with a big dog neighbor next door. Skipped the free breakfast, was bare bones minimum and coffee weak, but the room and service provided by staff made up for that. Good value for overnight stay, very pleased, would stay here again.
1 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
The room was very big and comfortable. The continental breakfast was dry and the coffee was terrible. It was mostly water.
3 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
The only problem we had was mold in the air conditioning vent. Other than that the staff was nice and the rest of the room was clean.
Other trip Aug 11, 2015
"Wonderful"
Three days and nothing went wrong, which is a good thing
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
It was a great weekend getaway for us. Nice area and good places to eat within walking distance.
2 night romance trip Jul 30, 2015
"Dog-friendly, easy access, well-maintained"
Very dog-friendly. Nice outdoor pool and spa, but when we were there, it was too crowded for us.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"Dog-friendly, good for move."
We stayed at the La Quinta in the process of moving to the area, so we had a dog, a U-haul, and a few rough days behind us and before us. Overall the hotel was lovely - excellent service, close to lots of places to eat, very comfortable room, and no one was upset that our dog barked a bit (it was his first time in a hotel). Thanks for a great time!
1 night family trip Jul 27, 2015
Kayla
Great and clean hotel, very central to everything and very nice staff
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Finally a nice pet friendly hotel!"
It was such a nice clean and modern hotel. Not only are they pet friendly, they provide an area to walk your pet with bags for pick up. They had a nice pool, hot tub, and green space. The connected restaurant The Village Tavern was excellent! The hotel provided a 10% off coupon which was very much appreciated : ) A lot of restaurants and stores nearby. Rooms were spacious and very clean. Bedding was very soft and comfortable as well. Would have been helpful to have a refrigerator and a microwave since we were there 2 nights. Otherwise, very nice! My family would definitely stay here again!!
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Taffi
"Very happy with our stay"
Would stay again. Everything was great. Only negative is that a number of times there was nobody at the front desk but this was not a big deal.
Other trip Jul 14, 2015
Tony and Linda
"Nice place."
Very comfortable and a good deal for a quick stop with the family. Good breakfast in the morning.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Regina
"nice hotel."
Our trip was for a family illness. The hotel was very accomodating. The staff is very friendly and eager to please.
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Ellen
This place was outstanding. Very clean looks newly renovated.
1 night romance trip Jun 20, 2015
James A
"PET FRIENDLY"
Stayed here to visit family and one day travel to Biltmore. VERY PET FRIENDLY HOTEL. I'm a pet lover but do not travel with mine. This was not told in hotel overview. I only heard the pets when owners left them in the room alone. Room looked clean but there was a constant odor of "feet" in the room. Glad I always bring air spray where ever I stay. Hotel as a whole was clean and directly off the I40.
3 night trip Jun 8, 2015
"David's Stay"
We arrived at about 5:30pm, our room was ready and the check-in went smoothly. The Check-In receptionist was vey friendly. Room was exceptionally clean including the bathroom. The continental breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, but was plentiful. Only complaint is that we had several children next door on Friday and Saturday nights that were overly noisy as well as dog(s) in the room. We would definitely stay at a LaQuinta when we travel again.
3 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Series of unfortunate events"
I was a late arrival and was put into a smoking room (was not given an option when I called at noon to report my late arrival or at the front desk). Got a rollaway bed which was clearly not cleaned before being put away (smells). I was relocated to a non smoking room after the issue with the rollaway and given a different rollaway at no charge. The room I was put into had no fridge or microwave, but at least it didn't smell. The 2nd half of my party arrived even later, when I checked with the front desk I was told they never arrived so I thought they got into an accident... turns out the same front desk person had arranged for them to get a non smoking room. In the morning my bed was not made because I left my suitcase on top and got a note saying they did not want to move my personal items, which i sort of understand, but its something I had never had trouble before in othe hotels. The coffee, icebucket bag and toiletry were not changed either. Finally before checkout I looked under the bed for any of my stuff that might have found itself there, and found a soda can that was left by previous guests. Now the good: beds are extremely comfortable, the patio is very relaxing and the pool area was fun.
2 night family trip Jun 5, 2015
"Overall great stay except for one hotel staff"
We had a overall great experience at the hotel for Memorial Day weekend. The hotel offers many ammenities pool(open until 10pm), great breakfast, nice hotel rooms and nice views of the pool. The only problem I had was with the hotel staff I believe her name was Felicia, she was not pleasant I probably wouldn't stay there again because of her. We had some friends over at the pool and the kids were hungry we ordered pizza. We already had set up the food at the table and she made us pick up our stuff to move out the area she said no food allowed there is a sign. We asked her nicely if we can stay since we were already eating she said NO it's not a far walk. Afterward we were angry and went to read the rules there was nothing about NO FOOD ALLOWED. We went to the front desk and told us " the sign was damaged from the winter" I emailed the manager and he still hasn't got back to me.
4 night family trip May 22, 2015
Alexandra
"Will Return!"
After a disastrous stay the night before at a very shabby and seedy La Quinta in Boone, NC, we couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised by the high quality of this hotel. Would definitely stay again with our pet. Day manager was very helpful and accommodating, and she even directed us to another local restaurant that allows pets on the patio outside.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2015
"Nice place and great location"
In the room it appeared that no one had wiped down the microwave because there were crusties on the outside and on the counter. Overall it was a really nice room. My wife and I were so exhausted from traveling that are main focus was to go to sleep.
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
"nice room"
Could have had a fridge in room to keep drinks cool.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
On the whole this stay was very comfortable. After a long drive, being able to walk to dinner was wonderful. The desk attendant was most helpful. The only negative I can mention was that the breakfast was minimal as compared to other chains.
1 night family trip May 19, 2015
"graduation"
We attended our sons college graduation and the hotel made it comfortable. The area had plenty of resturants and stores for anything we needed.
3 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Nice hotel close to shopping and restaurants"
I recommend this hotel, it is clean and has breakfast. I don't recommend the coffee in the breakfast area, get it from the desk
Other trip May 20, 2015