All hotels in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States of America
2020 Griffith Rd, Winston-Salem, NC, 27103, United States of America, ‏Hotels.com Expert: ‎855-238-1593

Great pool
    Rather comfortable
    Delicious food
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Nice hotel near great shopping and places to eat"
Really close to great restaurants, shopping, and universities. Would stay here again.
Other trip May 16, 2015
Marianne
"Not great stay this time"
Very DISAPPOINTED that we did not have a Fridge or Microwave in the room for a 2 day stay! I made my reservation at least 3 months in advance and the hotel does not advertise that you may NOT have a room with Microwave and Fridge. Because of this, I probably will not stay in this hotel again.
2 night romance trip May 7, 2015
Stacy
"Great Place to Stay!"
The staff at this hotel is amazing. The room was spacious and clean and very comfortable. The elevator was a little scary and the free continental breakfast could have been better, but overall this is a great place to stay for the price!
4 night business trip Apr 29, 2015
Saundra
"Great stay for the price"
Stayed to attend track meet at Wake Forest... Above satisfactory for the price great stay
3 night family trip Mar 19, 2015
"Expected comfort"
We stayed one night and everything was good the breakfast was good and the people were nice.
1 night business trip Apr 13, 2015
Jeffrey L
"Very nice"
The greeting at the desk was great and the front desk staff was extremely helpful. The only down portion was that inclusion of feather filled pillows in the room and their lack of non-feather pillows. My wife is allergic to feather pillows. The front desk staff did everything they could to accommodate, but the management should stock more non-feather pillows for guests. The hotel was very clean and the room was great. The bed was comfortable and the shower hot. I would recommend it.
1 night business trip Mar 21, 2015
Donald
"College road trip"
Gloomy weather and cold. Otherwise, Clean hotel andhelpful staffs, bathroom door does not close
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
Wil
"unpleasant"
Non smoking room smoke smell throughout. Hotel booked no alternatives. Cleaning out air conditioners in the hall, loud, hoses running and dirty.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
"recent stay"
I booked the lowest price...was pleasantly surprised with front desk service, surrounding area, cleanliness of room, comfort of bed (and pillows).
2 night business trip Mar 12, 2015
g. mike
It was a short stay, 2 days but it was a very comfortable stay. Plenty of eating and shopping choices nearby. Not far from downtown.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
Spencer
Clean and nice
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2015
"Disappointment"
Booked a non-smoking room but was assigned to a smoking room (never would have made the reservation if I knew that would occur). Got in the room, find a condom in the dresser. Noise from other rooms was excessive. Front desk people were not helpful. Hotels.com was also no help whatsoever.
4 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
Spencer
"great"
everything was more than I expected.
1 night romance trip Feb 22, 2015
raymond
"New Beds"
Beds not very comfortable but everything else was great.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2015
"baseball weekend"
comfortable. very friendly staff. breakfast could be improved but good stay overall.
3 night family trip Feb 12, 2015
kris
"Excellent service"
Spacious and clean room. Great staff and location , close to great restaurants and the mall .
Steph
"good value"
Staff were friendly and nice big rooms. Only problem was people smoking right by back entrance door.
1 night business trip Jan 23, 2015
Mildred
"Pet friendly"
Convenient location. Clean, pet friendly. Breakfast & fitness facilities. Close to the mall & restaraunts.
Other trip Jan 10, 2015
"Great!"
Great location with several dining options and a 24 hour CVS in walking distance. Area was safe, the hotel was clean and well maintained, the hotel staff was very friendly, and free breakfast was a plus.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
Vanessa
"Recent stay"
I little better breakfast would have made this a four. That said, I was very happy with the room for the price
2 night business trip Dec 12, 2014
Carmen
"Nicer than the norm"
Fit the bill for a business trip. Nice and clean. Staff very helpful
1 night business trip Dec 9, 2014
Carl
"Clean, dog-friendly hotel close to the mall"
This hotel is quite standard for La Quinta Inns. It is dog friendly which we needed. The room was clean and worked fine for our business trip. The hotel is very close to a large shopping mall.
Other trip Dec 12, 2014
"Keep the pets quiet"
While I like the idea of having pets stay in a hotel, the owners rooms need to be in a separate floor or wing. The barking was very frustrating and prevented a restful night.
1 night business trip Dec 5, 2014
"Will definitely stay again in the future."
Very nice stay. I was quite content as well as my pet. Restaurants and shopping area's were all around the hotel.
4 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Octavia
"Great for a business traveler"
Just what I was looking for. It was clean, quiet, and well situated.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
Ken
"Would Stay Again"
Stayed here for an event. Would definitely stay here again. Clean, comfortable, convenient. Spacious room. Helpful staff. Couldn't really ask for more from a mid-priced hotel.
1 night business trip Nov 8, 2014
Matthew
"Oky Smokey"
Gave me a smoking room -- no communication up front?
1 night business trip Oct 21, 2014
"Nice."
Hotel was nice for a dated facility. Staff very nice. Location is ideal for getting around the area. The light breakfast was like most hotels.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Debbie
"Road Trip"
Clean, comfortable lots of electric outlets - good breakfast, good location. Would stay here again
1 night family trip Oct 14, 2014
Edith
quality staff and good location. Property could use some updates.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
"Will not return"
Took a chance on this hotel based on the other reviews. I regret my decision. Upon arriving, I'm told my non-smoking room was actually a smoking room until three nights prior to my stay. Guest services refused to move me to another room and repeatedly said "It doesn't smell like smoke to me". Well it did smell like smoke. It hit you as soon as you got off the elevator. Upon entering my "non-smoking" room, I was greeted with cigarette burns on the toilet seat, carpet, bedding, and shower curtain. This hotel's poor decision to convert a smoking room into non-smoking without replacing linens and other smoking evidence reflects poorly on the entire La Quinta brand. This was the first AND last time I will ever stay in a La Quinta brand hotel again.
1 night business trip Oct 16, 2014
BusinessTraveler
"Good to have a pet-friendly lodging option."
The evening check-in staff was excellent and the large room was very clean and comfortable. I was pleased to have such a pleasant, pet friendly hotel in an area that was convenient for my travels.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"Not bad, not great"
Was put in a handicap room, which wasn't very good considering I was travelling with children and wanted a tub.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
Nice hotel! Room was clean and comfortable. Two things keep it from 5 star review. Had two double beds and one had the biggest crater in it I have ever seen. Literally visible from across room. If the plan hadn't been for hubby and I to take one bed and dogs to get the other we would have had to change rooms. The one we used was great! Also shower curtain smelled badly of mildew. Would definitely stay again but check bed for craters right away. Great restaurants within walking distance.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
"Bark bark bark"
The hotel was very nice. Two of the ladies at the front desk were very good but the third... No one told me this hotel allows dogs. The room beside me had a dog that was left in the room all night, by itself. The dog barked and wined all night. We I called the front desk at 1 am the lady gave me attitude all the way. Then all she did was knock on their door making the dog bark more. Nice hotel but I'd have to be desperate to stay there again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Great value at a convenient location
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Jeffrey A
a joke that the hotel wouldn't give me a receipt for my charges upon checking out.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
"Nice Hotel close to Wake Forest Baptist Hospital"
I had an appointment at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. The hotel is 10 minutes from the hospital. There are plenty of restaurants, a mall and a CVS right across the street... if you need anything. Staff was very kind and pleasant. Breakfast was a plus. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
Darolyn
"Good for business trip"
Very convenient hotel for my 10 day business trip. The hotel was comfortable and located near a variety of shops and restaurants. As a woman traveling alone I appreciated the safe-feeling neighborhood. The fitness room and pool, free parking and breakfast are a huge plus. There is a smell throughout the hotel (I think smoking used to be permitted inside) but otherwise the rooms were reasonably clean and comfortable. Staff were always friendly. I would stay again during future business trips.
9 night business trip Sep 8, 2014
"All good"
La Quinta properties tend to be very well maintained and clean. This one was no exception. Excellent value.
3 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
Geoff Krasnov
"Everything was great!"
It was perfect. A reunion for me & I was able to work online in the lobby until check in. Loved the wifi access and desk set up in room so I could easily print what I needed. Service was excellent. Left my glasses & staff very helpful in retrieval & recovery.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Lee
"Best Hotel of my Trip"
The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel and room was very clean and smelled fresh. Had paid higher prices at other hotels on my trip that was not as nice as this one. Second time I have stayed at this hotel, pleased both times.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
"Love that it is dog friendly!"
We have stayed before and will stay again. The front desk was friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable. We love that it is dog friendly and we can bring our Cavalier with us to visit our daughter. It is conveniently located to shopping and is a easy drive to Wake Forest. The hotel may be a bit dated but it is well cared for. A good value.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Wake Mom
"Had a nice stay"
The staff is very nice and you can walk across the parking lot to an amazing restaurant!
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Judy
"Well-appointed hotel with friendly, helpful staff."
We enjoyed our stay and would certainly come again. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming. The hotel is in a perfect location for getting around Winston-Salem and accessing the expressways. It was raining heavily at dinnertime and we didn't really want to venture far. The staff recommended the restaurant next door--the Village Tavern--and we had an excellent meal!
2 night family trip Aug 18, 2014
The Burrell's
"Soccer Tournament"
We enjoyed it. AC got fixed and room was cleaned. Pool was nice, service Okay. Breakfast was simple. No complaints.
3 night trip with friends Aug 14, 2014
"Very nice hotel,"
The hotel was great, the staff was pleasant and very accommodating , when I come back to winston salem I will definitely stay there again. Thank you for the pleasant experience !!
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
Jeneen S
"snotty desk clerk"
I stayed at the La Quinta, Winston-Salem, NC on August 18th. Everything was fine until I went to check out the next morning. I dropped my key off and asked for a receipt for my business expense report. The lady behind the counter was very rude to me and treated me like a 3rd class customer just because I had booked through hotels.com. I needed to make sure I had a receipt and told her that I would check my email for the confirmation to print out but needed to check before I left...she interrupts me and says "well we can't help you with that because you chose to book with a 3rd party". So here I am...back in Winston Salem and and I chose to stay at another hotel because of her snotty attitude. All I wanted was a receipt, not her hand in marriage. Gah!
1 night business trip Aug 18, 2014
"Convenient Location"
The La Quinta is conveniently located near the interstate and is next door to a wonderful restaurant. There is a Mall close-by, though we didn't have time to go there. The staff was friendly and professional. It is located in a safe area. We were comfortable, but the rooms could use some freshening up.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014