All hotels in Galveston, Texas, United States of America

"Fantastic Getaway Vacation"
The Moody Gardens Hotel, with all of its amenities, is our favorite close-to-home getaway destination. We had a fantastic time there! We enjoyed swimming in the pool, going to the swim-up bar, and eating lunch at the pool. After a day at the pool, we enjoyed walking over to the Palms Waterpark, listening to a live band, and watching fireworks, all with a free wristband provided by the Moody Gardens Hotel. The next day, we enjoyed swimming at the pool and at the Palms Waterpark, extending our vacation by another day, thanks to the wristbands provided by The Moody Gardens Hotel. We will definitely stay there every time we need a near-to-Houston getaway.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"kid friendly"
The staff was very nice.we enjoyed hanging out by the pool,my kids had a great time swimming and making s'mores. the room was clean and the beds were comfy. We look forward to staying there again and have already recommended it to my family.
1 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
angela
"Rebel Trouble"
This has always been my runaway spot......I love it and now my daughter is too!! Just our home away from home!
1 night romance trip Jul 21, 2015
Traci
"Fun with Grandkids from Arkansas at Moody Gardens"
So much fun with the grand-daughters; they really enjoyed the karaoke and the pool!
2 night family trip Jul 19, 2015
Leslie
"Not really a beach"
Really enjoyed our stay. We were a little disappointed with "the beach", which was not what we expected. The beach had no access to any type of water. All in all we still enjoyed our stay at this Hotel.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2015
Michele
Wonderful!!! Evert Hong about the hotel was great, staff, room, food, amenities. It was a all in one pkg. We will be back!
1 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
"Moody gardens"
The house keeper didn't clean our room twice :(. The hotel was a bit expensive too.
6 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
"Great hotel for families with kids!"
Great hotel for families. They gave the kids free gift bags the room was big and the beds very comfy. Hotel staff very helpful our tv remote didn't work but they fixed it right away. Within walking distance to Schlitterbahn and the Moody Gardens pyramids. Kids had a blast we will definitely stay again.
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Cassandra
"Best Ever!"
More than we hoped for
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2015
Ruzzel Ann
"Couple's retreat"
Everything was great. This was a time for me and my wife to have a couple's retreat. The hotel was very busy the weekend that we went. But we got Great service and good food too. Room was nice and comfortable. Overall a great weekend at Moody Gardens.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Alvin
"Making the most of Moody Gardens"
Alan in the restaurant really went out of his way to make us feel welcome and shared "locals" hints that we utilized. It was nice to be an informed "tourist".
2 night family trip Jul 7, 2015
Wayne
"4th of July disappointment"
Definitely was NOT worth $343 per night. Won't stay again
1 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Good - but not best value"
We enjoyed our stay but not the best value for the money. Got ignored by the manager of the valets when we were looking for information about what to do. It was a holiday weekend and expensive. Lesser hotels have a concierge or even an information booth to assist guests in making arrangements to maximize their stay. This did not exist. When I tried to get something nice for my husband for our anniversary, the front desk said that I had to call a week ahead of time, and did not offer a viable alternative. I would stay again but not on their top dollar weekend. The facilities are decent, and their location to the pyramids makes them a prime hotspot for family activities.
1 night romance trip Jul 3, 2015
"summer time @ the gardens with the grandkids."
had a very good time at the gardens . have stayed there before and planning to make this a yearly get a way.
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
"Moody gardens"
Love the service and the hotel overall
1 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
johanna
"Fun for the Family"
fun place to bring kids. There were lots of things to do for the whole family but ended kinda early. The hotel had some issues. We had to change rooms and the 2nd room was had issues too: sink would not drain, mini fridge did not work. Staff didn't seem happy to be at work and it showed. If you are going to book make sure you have plenty of MOSQUITO SPRAY!!! its crazy out there.
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
Elaine
"Very family friendly"
Very nice pool and hotel. Worth every penny! Loved the fireworks and movie night.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Irma
Had a blast with our stay!
2 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Amazing"
Amazing place for a family getaway.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
"Great overnight or weekend getaway!"
Took our 2 grandsons for a mini vacation...so kid friendly - from scavenger hunt to s'mores, cafe dining, breakfast buffet and Palm Beach we had a great time. Will do this again!
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Vicki
My family and I stayed at Moody Gardens the wk of june,23rd and really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very professional and fulfilled every request we may have had. The rooms were very clean,food was great and the golf course was in great shape. We are looking forward to the next trip there. This place is for everyone in your family.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
corey
"Great Beds"
A last minute decision before a cruise. The room was very good but the the surrounding activities were not needed and the wet bathing suits in the elevators our many other riders were uncomfortable. The hotel more than met our goal of a comfortable room and a good nights sleep.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
"vacation in galveston"
for kids is perfect ! for vacation is perfect ! beach of galveston is not good , but splah water in this hotel is great
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Francisco
Awesome! Great for kid's spring break.
1 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
Nidia
"Father's Day weekend"
Soent Father's Day weekend here and it can't be beat! With my girlfriend and 3 kids, it was very convenient to have everything so centrally located. Took advantage of Palm beach and the pool in the evening. Wikk definitely be coming back!!
2 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
Shane
"moody gardens enjoyable fun place"
Quick trip with grand child, enjoyed the stay, friendly helpful staff, room was nice and clean, no compliants, the restaurant in lobby was good and prices were good. Definitely a place to go with children. The pool and palm beach very enjoyable.
2 night family trip May 29, 2015
Carol J
"Short Galveston Trip"
I wish we had more time to stay. It was an incredible hotel. So many things to see and do!! We will be going back next time for a longer stay.
1 night family trip Jun 11, 2015
Deanna
"Galveston Get Away"
Restful get away. Staff very helpful. Room gorgeous and big enough to stretch out in. Pool beautiful. Shearn's Restaurant is wonderful. We had a great time.
3 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
Traci
"TX at its best"
Wonderful place to spend a couple of days
1 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
NATHAN
Everything was great about the accommodations. Living on the gulf coast, I think the shrimp dinner served in the hotel cafe left much to be desired. I can make better fried shrimp.
1 night trip Jun 6, 2015
"Family time."
Stayed with sisters from Pittsburgh. Great time.
1 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Valerie
"Traveling with kids"
This hotel was a perfect place to stay with my 8 year old. Very kid friendly, lots of activities for kids and adults. It was clean and staff was fabulous. As a single mom I was a little apprehensive about traveling with my Autistic son by myself, but the staff was wonderful with helping me. I will only stay at this hotel in Galveston from now on.
1 night family trip May 24, 2015
"Good for families"
The hotel was very nice. I would have liked more casual restaurant choices for out of the pool. The food was good but I didn't feel comfortable going in with swimsuit wear. The pool drinks as everywhere were too expensive. A small drink. $10.00. Good for families. Lots of kids and at activities. Anything other than the pool and Palm Beach costs money and again can be expensive. However we took our granddaughter who is almost 8 and she had a great time. It was easy on us as they have trams to take you everywhere and it's a large resort. Also it's nice that the pool stays open until 11pm.
2 night family trip Jun 4, 2015
Claire
"Exceptional Service"
Enjoyed the stay. Very nice resort area. The location driving in from the seawall did not look very welcoming, but it was not horrible. Every staff member at this location was beyond accomodating and professional!
6 night family trip May 31, 2015
Shaun
"Perfect getaway for a family with Toddlers!"
Very Friendly Staff. Very eager to help. The location is convenient. You are in walking distance of all the Moody Garden attractions and Schlitterban. My wife and I planned the trip. We have 2 toddlers and it was perfect 4 day getaway for us. Kids under 6 eat free at the hotel with the purchase of an adult meal. Will be returning in 2 months for a weekend stay.
3 night family trip Jun 2, 2015
"RJR"
Great place
2 night business trip Jun 5, 2015
Raymond
"Great but disappointed"
Great Stay, great room. But hotel over booked and we didn't receive the room that we paid for.
1 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
"Moody Gardens Weekend"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Moody Gardens Hotel. The staff was friendly and the facilities were excellent. We paid more than I would have liked for the property but all things considered we had a nice stay.
2 night family trip May 23, 2015
"Excellent Family-Friendly Hotel and Resort"
We stayed over Memorial Day weekend which was a great time to do so since Moody Gardens opened the Moody Gardens Palm Beach resort for the summer season! We live in Houston and love to stay at this hotel due to all the activities they have for families with children. The kids loved the kid's club and participated in various activities and games offered. Breakfast buffet was delicious and kids under 6 eat free with a paid adult. Overall, our family loves staying at Moody Gardens Hotel with newly-renovated rooms, friendly and attentive service, and convenient location.
3 night family trip May 22, 2015
Lourdes
"brilliant"
Very clean , relaxing and friendly atmosphere I would definitely go back again
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
"Had a Fantastic Time!"
Wonderful long weekend with my family. Hotel was very clean and employees were friendly. Buffet is awesome and reasonably priced with several choices for picky kids. Overall, a fantastic stay at a great location.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
Great
1 night family trip May 16, 2015
Alan
"May 16th"
We had a good time. The only thing was, the water pressure was really low, took longer to take showers.
1 night romance trip May 15, 2015
Ruben
"kaye"
The hotel was very nice.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Kelli
"Hard pillows"
It was fine did not like the pillows they were not very comfortable
3 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Enjoyed our stay!"
Loved the hotel, great place to stay - disappointed we missed the Palm Beach amenity- It was not open. But the pool was great, Service excellent! Discovered a new Craft Brewery close by too!
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
Dawn
"A+"
Booked as a gift for my brothers honeymoon. They loved it. They loved Moody gardens itself as well as the rooftop restaurant.
1 night romance trip Apr 1, 2015
Crystal
"Nice But...."
The accommodations were great on Thursday. Friday not so much unless you like crowds. The staff were great - sort of... We had a good room-order breadfast on Friday morning. Saturday mornings offerings (same order) were all but un edible. When I complained to the desk staff, she said I am sorry, I don't know how that happened. Now, we dropped over $600 for the two nights. You'd think I would have gotten something more than a weak "sorry." I guess the staff is only helpful if you are happy with things. Doubt we will ever stay there again!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
joy
"Great stay before cruise"
We stayed here one night before leaving for our cruise. Enjoyed the Rainforest and aquarium because weather wasn't the best. Restaurant in hotel was very good. Staff very professional.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015